PDA

View Full Version : PC No idea what is this problem

hoangsea
Oct 11, 2015, 11:01 PM
I got this problem few days ago

After log out PSO2 i have to restart PC to do other things or it will crash my firefox or i have to start other program as admin to run (double click will result no thing happened)

anyone got this problem before ? :-?
i try to boot scan virus with avast but my PC still clear, no virus detected

okavan
Oct 17, 2015, 07:47 PM
Hello, i have the exact same problem. Since the 10/4 maint, whenever i exit the game, i cannot run any of the programs/open folders until i restart pc. Seems like the gameguard keeps running after exiting the game.
I tried to fix gameguard errors, fix exe permissions, check old/missing files, tried to delete GG folder myself and even to delete pso folder in my documents. Nothing seems to work, gameguard is updating its files, but after exiting the game, problem is still present.
Its very uncomfortable to restart pc each time after playing pso.
I would be glad, if someone had a solution to this problem, thank you.

KroDragon
Oct 17, 2015, 09:07 PM
This is defiantly a GameGuard error, sadly the only way to FIX a GameGuard error is to restart your computer anyway.

The only solution is to restart your computer after you've finished playing the game. It sucks, I know, I've had the same problem before, and the only fix I had was to reinstall Windows onto the computer.

hoangsea
Oct 23, 2015, 09:03 PM
what ?
you need to reinstall windows ?
that sucks

KroDragon
Oct 23, 2015, 10:46 PM
what ?
you need to reinstall windows ?
that sucks

I don't know if there's an actual "fix" to your problem. Before I reinstalled Windows, I just restarted my laptop and continued the day as is. GameGuard is only fully closed when the computer has restarted and will possibly continue to cause problems as such. You can't simply go into task manager and close it (It'd be nice but it doesn't work that way), so the only fix was to just restart the computer.

I didn't have to reinstall Windows to fix the GameGuard problem, but my computer was having other issues of its own which is why I had to reinstall it. Once I did and installed the game, I never had the issue again.

Tl;dr, reinstalling Windows is not a fix, and is a very last option should you choose it.

hoangsea
Oct 24, 2015, 04:54 AM
I don't know if there's an actual "fix" to your problem. Before I reinstalled Windows, I just restarted my laptop and continued the day as is. GameGuard is only fully closed when the computer has restarted and will possibly continue to cause problems as such. You can't simply go into task manager and close it (It'd be nice but it doesn't work that way), so the only fix was to just restart the computer.

I didn't have to reinstall Windows to fix the GameGuard problem, but my computer was having other issues of its own which is why I had to reinstall it. Once I did and installed the game, I never had the issue again.

Tl;dr, reinstalling Windows is not a fix, and is a very last option should you choose it.

do you got the problem again after reinstall windows ?

KroDragon
Oct 25, 2015, 10:40 AM
do you got the problem again after reinstall windows ?

Nope, never had it again after that. It could be related to a hard drive with too much installed on it, so try uninstalling games you never play anymore.