PDA

View Full Version : Katana Books

Kuan_X
Mar 8, 2001, 11:09 PM
How many katana books are there?

Jesus
Mar 8, 2001, 11:32 PM
There are four. You get the first 3 in the "Seek my Master" quest. The fourth is called the Agito. That one is rarely found. And you need all four to forge a weapon.

Wing0
Mar 9, 2001, 03:23 AM
No, he said books, not weapons. As far as I know there are 3. I have all of them and have yet to hear of a 4th. I really want to know their purpose. No, they do not upgrade agito.

Arcadean
Mar 9, 2001, 05:17 AM
the 4th book is said to be the Real Agito and it combines with the books to become the Origato or whatever that weapon is. I'm not sure on this but some have said this is true.

Jesus
Mar 9, 2001, 11:43 AM
Well the official guide says there are 3 and then you get the agito and forge all 4 into a weapon. There are different types of agitos and depending on which you have you'll forge a different weapon.

raven4960
Mar 9, 2001, 12:25 PM
Ok here's what u do...

Once you have all three books, and the real agito (AUW 1975 I think{yes I mean the sword itself}) u take those to the man standing between the shops and the bank in the 'Seek My Master' quest.

Then he'll make/give you the Orotiagito which is a blade similiar to the agito except that it is silver! Good luck.
Riko

Azriel
Mar 9, 2001, 12:33 PM
Raven got it right. There are only 3 books. Take the agito 1975 and the 3 books to the tekker next to the bank in the seek my master quest and he'll change it to Oriagito. The atp jumps up a helluva lot. Cool sword.

Spike
Mar 9, 2001, 12:38 PM
Actually he's wrong. You do NOT need the books to get it changed into Orotiagito. All you need is the real Agito, nothing more. I only have one of the books (Book 1) and it was in the bank when I had him change it.

Azriel
Mar 9, 2001, 12:42 PM
Ok, i had all the books when i tried it. I guess the books help determine which of the agitos is real then. Sorry.

Zero101
Mar 9, 2001, 02:02 PM
If you don't need the books to upgrade the sword, what good are the books then?

Spike
Mar 9, 2001, 02:09 PM
I guess the books are just for background information... Or they could have some secret use. Who knows.

Spasm
Mar 9, 2001, 02:48 PM
The books of Katana have absolutely nothing to do with the 'Seek My Master' quest. The three items you get in that quest are broken swords, and show up only in your quest board. They are never actually in your inventory. Books of Katana are inventoried items.

I saw my first book last night, and I have NO idea what it does at all. I already turned my Agito into Orotiagito.

Fubuki
Mar 9, 2001, 02:53 PM
I found book 1 last night just running through the caves online. Someone gave me book 3... I was told per a rumor (which doesn't mean squat) that carrying all 3 books increase your chance of rares... but that sounds like a big old falsie.

TheGreatOni
Mar 9, 2001, 03:02 PM
Well, with what little background info we get in this game, I guess these books help a little. I guess the books are there to help you determine which agito is the real one, which is the 1975 one that isn't listed in the books.