PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 PSO2 Tweaker: Item Translation Patch Failed

Shade_Koopa
Nov 11, 2015, 06:12 AM
Anyone care to tell me why it keeps failing? It keeps giving me an error saying it's timed out or something.

I don't have the PSO2.exe running, I've done a computer restart, i've tried moving the pso2 tweaker.exe to a different location on my system, but it keeps failing. Is the item translation patch not working anymore?

KazukiQZ
Nov 11, 2015, 07:39 AM
Have you actually tried opening PSO2? My tweaker always give that time-out error (on checking tweaker and downloading item patch phases), but it download just fine and I can open/play PSO2 without error(s).

Gankfest
Nov 11, 2015, 08:58 AM
Honestly the Item Pack doesn't translate so well anyway...

KLMS1
Nov 11, 2015, 09:29 AM
You're welcome to do better.

Gankfest
Nov 11, 2015, 11:06 AM
You're welcome to do better.

Oh... Is your puddle all wet? I wasn't saying I could, nor was I criticizing. I was just stating it wasn't worth the headache. -_-

KLMS1
Nov 11, 2015, 11:11 AM
The who what where now? Damn thing downloads and installs automatically the last I saw...

Gankfest
Nov 11, 2015, 11:17 AM
The who what where now? Damn thing downloads and installs automatically the last I saw...

It doesn't on mine, not even an option to update like the other patches.

Anduril
Nov 11, 2015, 11:21 AM
It doesn't on mine, not even an option to update like the other patches.
Because it isn't like the other patches. If it isn't working, try unchecking the Translate Items box from the Orb, close the Tweaker, open it again, then recheck the box. Also, mind that typically most new items aren't translated quickly due to real life obligations on the part of the people behind the item patch.

KLMS1
Nov 11, 2015, 11:28 AM
AKA "have you tried turning it off and back on again?" :wacko:

But yeah, the itempatch controls aren't exactly buried under menus.

Gankfest
Nov 11, 2015, 11:29 AM
Because it isn't like the other patches. If it isn't working, try unchecking the Translate Items box from the Orb, close the Tweaker, open it again, then recheck the box. Also, mind that typically most new items aren't translated quickly due to real life obligations on the part of the people behind the item patch.

My item translation works. I meant the item descriptions aren't translated not the item names themselves. I don't find the descriptions to matter much anyway, as all I need to know are the stats and enchants that are on the weapons/armors.

KazukiQZ
Nov 11, 2015, 06:07 PM
Item descriptions are not top priority. AIDA used to have time for that (hence some of them has been translated) but now she's fairly busy IRL, sadly.

Shade_Koopa
Nov 13, 2015, 06:20 AM
Have you actually tried opening PSO2? My tweaker always give that time-out error (on checking tweaker and downloading item patch phases), but it download just fine and I can open/play PSO2 without error(s).

I am still getting the error. And when I load up the game after seeing that error, I can not see any of the item translated. Is there anyway to get a MANUAL download of this item patch, since the tweaker is failing to download and it's failing to work?

Variant
Nov 13, 2015, 11:46 AM
Here you go. (https://www.dropbox.com/s/18v345v36pe5yci/translate.rar?dl=0)

Put that into your pso2_bin folder, then just run tweaker. You shouldn't need to worry about updating it ever, so even if you get the message that it couldn't download it's alright.

Shade_Koopa
Nov 14, 2015, 01:30 AM
Thanks, I'll see if this works. Just sad that the tweaker isnt able to download the item patch.

Shade_Koopa
Nov 15, 2015, 03:59 AM
Here you go. (https://www.dropbox.com/s/18v345v36pe5yci/translate.rar?dl=0)

Put that into your pso2_bin folder, then just run tweaker. You shouldn't need to worry about updating it ever, so even if you get the message that it couldn't download it's alright.

Thank you for the file, but due to the timeout error caused by the tweaker, the tweaker deletes them after the time out error.

I did do some digging, and it turns out Bitdefender has strikes again. Apparently, due to an update in the program, it is now blocking the item translation patch process. Which is very weird since I'm able to use the tweaker and download/install the english/large/story patches just fine.

Even disabling Bitdefender's anti-virus/firewall feature doesn't allow my PSO2 tweaker to finish installing the item translation patch. ONly a complete uninstall of the program will allow me to use the tweaker as it should.

Seeing as how Bitdefender has been going downhill in the last year (at least for me and my needs), my next question is what is a good interent security suite to get these days?