PDA

View Full Version : De Rol Le Fight on Normal

Droxitr
Apr 24, 2003, 10:57 PM
Ok, if you remember the last post I made on this, I got my ass handed to me SIX times by this bugger. However, I am now a 18 RAcast with:

Mechgun +3 (0/20/0/0/0)
Psy Armor
[Dragon/HP
[General/Power-
[Marksman/Arm
Hard Shield
39 Surya (14/23/2/0)

Think I can take him/it?

mightyJoeDunn
Apr 24, 2003, 11:30 PM
Probably, I beat him at level 12, and the first time I tried I ALMOST beat him at level 8. I just had to hit him about 5 more times. Sooo close. Anyways, the reason I beat him with my RAcast at that level was because I had a better weapon and mag.

Whitill RAcast Level 12
Justy +10
crap frame
crap armor
level 100 Rati 5/45/50/0

That's when I beat him.

Reenee
Apr 24, 2003, 11:35 PM
No shit, you had a Justy. Now do it with a Draw Rifle.

I don't like using Mechguns so early in the game. Stick to an Autogun or a Rifle (a Sniper, if you can).

mightyJoeDunn
Apr 24, 2003, 11:36 PM
I also have Visk and Wals. If I could play online I would give you one.

Dime
Apr 25, 2003, 01:45 AM
You should be able to kick his ass. If a HUcast at 12 can do it with daggers, you certainly can.

rena-ko
Apr 25, 2003, 01:47 AM
hm... the start is always the hardest ^_^;;

in the other thread i posted de rol les pattern... with mech gun you'll have to keep the 1 second pause in the animation in mind... keep as far as possible away from de rol when he's landed on the raft.

only do a normal and a hard hit then run in circles that the tentacle does not hurt you. if you think you'd have time for one more attack, then do so... n.h.h

consider other weapons:
-a real good handgun might need more time than a mechgun, but you wont have that dangerous 1 freeze-second in the animation.
-use a slicer type. its pretty save to use that when you keep de rols tentacle pattern in mind and you are able to hit him more than 5 times.
-use a shot type. may be difficult, because it has - like all multihit weapons - this annoying 1 second in the animation, but may be effective on the tail parts.
-dagger type (forgot about that ^-^). concentrate on the head but really follow de rols pattern - a full combo, then run around in kinda wide circles.

if you see you could do it, but you're only short of mates in the end then really do drop some mate packs on the ground, die on purpose and enter the raft area as often as you think it would help.

for an android ranger this can be a really tough fight in the early game (if you use what you find until now with that chara, not with some other highlevel one).

good luck

edit: daggers

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rena-ko on 2003-04-24 23:50 ]</font>

Dime
Apr 25, 2003, 02:02 AM
Too bad Racasts can't use daggers.

rena-ko
Apr 25, 2003, 02:17 AM
ah, my bad... ^_^;; sorry... never had a real racast chara

Dime
Apr 25, 2003, 04:30 AM
Yea, RAcasts are the fat bald uncle of the HUcast. The one that always loses the remote in the seat cushions.

You know who I'm talking about.

Wolf_Warhead
Apr 25, 2003, 07:59 AM
On 2003-04-25 02:30, Dime wrote:
Yea, RAcasts are the fat bald uncle of the HUcast. The one that always loses the remote in the seat cushions.

You know who I'm talking about.

-They are both bald
-He's not fat! he's bigboned! or wired... or whatever
-If I were an android, I'd build the remote into my arm. It's really hard to lose your entire right-arm (knowing myself, I'd probably succeed)

(this is meant as a joke)

Reenee
Apr 25, 2003, 10:04 AM
On 2003-04-25 00:02, Dime wrote:

Didn't you know they can use S-Berill's, S-Beat's, Pan Arms, and Wok of Akiko's?

wizkid357
Apr 25, 2003, 01:45 PM
No advice because i STARTED playing him at 2? because I always play offline multi mode!

Logical2u
Apr 25, 2003, 02:03 PM
play online and get a Sniper. They have better range and more Power. Get something with alot of defense because his first attack can wound/kill weaker people. I was on Hard when I (almost) beat him alone for the first time online. I just beat him offline for the first time (normal) i was lvl 39. I killed him in 5 minutes.

MadCowChuck_
Apr 25, 2003, 02:05 PM
On 2003-04-25 08:04, Shapiro wrote:

On 2003-04-25 00:02, Dime wrote:

Didn't you know they can use S-Berill's, S-Beat's, Pan Arms, and Wok of Akiko's?

Heh, and Twin Chakram...well, at least my RAmar could equip it.

I would say at Level 18, you could annihilate him quite handily. I wouldn't prefer mechguns much, either...I would switch between a rifle of some sort for when he is on the raft, and perhaps mechguns or a shot for when he is alongside the raft. That shot can be a killer!

With what I'm sure is a considerable well of HP and a good bit o' ATP, I'm sure you could maim him good.