PDA

View Full Version : Official Legit List

HaLLa
Apr 25, 2003, 06:45 AM
Everyone says they are legit but how many really are? Lets try to compile a list. If you are legit then simply post your character name (exact) and what character type you are.

You will be considered legit as long as on this list.

Here is how you get taken off....

if someone sees you using a commonly duped weapon before you would be able to find it or if you try to trade a known duped weapon.

If this is seen anyone can report it and they run the chance of getting removed. This might cut down of some of it. So lets start this legit list.

Captain_Dude
Apr 25, 2003, 06:56 AM
I'm legit, I'm not a naziesque "YOU ARE DUPER, YOU HAV NO SELF WORTH" uber-legit, but I don't accept dupes. I wont cheat, dupe, or accept dupes. Other than that, I don't care weather peopel dupe, destroy the economy, or take over the servers and make themselves all lvl 912 RAmars with all techs and a donkey-cannon. Just as long as I still get to play I'm happy. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

EDIT: And what makes this official? And how exactly will this help?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Captain_Dude on 2003-04-25 04:59 ]</font>

nivek-wolf
Apr 25, 2003, 07:26 AM
this is a good idea [Im deftently lagit]have been sence DC days i allways prafer a challenge with my
game

VolOpt2003
Apr 25, 2003, 07:45 AM
im legit as i cant go online.

Robantifast
Apr 25, 2003, 08:07 AM
Well what if you twink your character? I plan on making runs for the Sealed J Sword with my HUcast and giving it to my low level HUnewearl to play lower difficulty levels with to unseal it. Sealed J isn't too common of a dupe, but Tsumikiri J is, and if I unseal it at level 49 and decide to keep using it, will I be considered a duper? Yeah, probably. I'm not saying this is a bad idea, I'm just wondering how it will be enforced.
With that said, I'll be the first to add myself to the list, as I am legit. Here's all the characters I'm most definitely not going to delete:
Voldyph Level 127+ HUcast, Skyly, main weapon: Demolition Comet with 20% hit (w00t)
Khrossis Level 105+ RAmarl, Purplenum, main weapon: Red Mechguns/Snow Queen
Nydicia Level 61+ FOnewearl, Pinkal, main weapon: Summit Moon (hopefully Psycho Wand in the future grr stupid mil lily)
Moira Level 1+ FOmarl, Redria, main weapon: uhm, Cane? Probably will be Striker of Chao and Caduceus in the future

And the character I am going to delete and change to Whitill:
Shaltial Level 54+ HUnewearl, Yellowboze (bleh), main weapon: Demolition Comet (yup same one), Delsaber's Buster (with shield)

Stricker
Apr 25, 2003, 08:37 AM
If I'm offline, Can I still be legit?

I haven't trade with anyone so I'm 100% sure non of my weapons are dupes. duh

Malkavian
Apr 25, 2003, 08:49 AM
I'm Legit.

My main character is MALKAVIAN RAcast

Kthak
Apr 25, 2003, 09:12 AM
I'm very legit... I don't see the point in cheating, it doesn't make the game fun. Of course, what if I happen to get a rare off a monster that people like to dupe, I refuse not to use it but I don't want to be taken off a list because I choose to use a weapon I got legally that people normally dupe to get.

OdinTyler
Apr 25, 2003, 09:24 AM
My current list of characters (I still have to create a couple of them) are in my sig. I don't get to go online much but if you see any of them, say hi & that you're from PSO World. Also, I tend to play by myself (to avoid hackers, corruption, etc) but if I make/meet up with friends then I will be in multiplayer. Also, you won't see me play w/duped items. I don't have the resources to do as such anyway! LOL Seriously, I play legit & I work hard on my characters to earn everything I own. Once again, check my sig for my list of characters. Masako is my main one...

Goza
Apr 25, 2003, 09:29 AM
All my characters are legit. I don't play online, and I don't want to ruin the game for myself. And I don't know how to dupe anyway.

MagicPink
Apr 25, 2003, 09:30 AM
I'm legit. I do have a level 188 friend who's been giving me rares he can't use tho, so while having a RABBIT WAND at lvl 38 may make me SEEM like a duper, I can assure you I ain't no such thing.

-I have a technical crozier too but it's not as cute MP

Kthak
Apr 25, 2003, 09:36 AM
Can't you get the Rabbit Wand from Easter Eggs?

MagicPink
Apr 25, 2003, 09:40 AM
On 2003-04-25 07:36, Kthak wrote:
Can't you get the Rabbit Wand from Easter Eggs?

Oh yeah....

Well, I didn't get it that way but I guess that means NO ONE CAN DOUBT ME!! MWA HA HA HA!!

-taking over the world MP

The_Pew
Apr 25, 2003, 10:31 AM
Legit? If you mean Not A Cheater im legit.

Foggy_Pete
Apr 25, 2003, 11:01 AM
as snapple put oh so well
'being legit doesnt mean anything anymore'
im to lazy to find the quote -_- maybe ill do it later

Sham
Apr 25, 2003, 11:05 AM
'being legit doesnt mean anything anymore'

Great. That's just an opinion; and even worse, an opinion from SnAPPUrU. Of course it wouldn't mean anything if you're actually not legit.

But to the ones who are, it means playing the game the way it should be played. (Not exploiting glitches, cheating, etc.)

Sham; | FOmar | LV144+
Trick; | RAmar | LV52+

2Xtreme
Apr 25, 2003, 11:22 AM
I can honestly say that I've always been 100% "legit". No trading. No accepting gifts. No using that double saber glitch to take shortcuts. No cheating, duping or any of that.

Anyone who's been around PSOW for a long time probably remembers (and hates me for) my constant duping/cheating rants back in the day. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

BonusKun
Apr 25, 2003, 01:24 PM
On 2003-04-25 04:45, HaLLa wrote:
Everyone says they are legit but how many really are? Lets try to compile a list. If you are legit then simply post your character name (exact) and what character type you are.

You will be considered legit as long as on this list.

Here is how you get taken off....

if someone sees you using a commonly duped weapon before you would be able to find it or if you try to trade a known duped weapon.

If this is seen anyone can report it and they run the chance of getting removed. This might cut down of some of it. So lets start this legit list.

......Don't you get it?

Lawyer screwed us all.

We're all legit.

HaLLa
Apr 25, 2003, 02:22 PM
There is no sure fire way to prove whether or not but we can try our best....post known dupers names here and if someone claims ot be legit here and you find out otherwise let it be known.

My chars are...

Jamal -FOnewm
ALAIR -HUnewearl

Riffin
Apr 25, 2003, 03:07 PM
Obviouslt, I'm legit. See sig.

Castoth
Apr 25, 2003, 08:35 PM
Worst I've done is use the TP trick for rare monsters...

I'm still legit though since I don't trade and such. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Aurra
Apr 25, 2003, 08:41 PM
::waits anxiously for Balthor to sign:: http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Oh, and I'm legit but I don't really care if people know I am. I guess I just signed anyway, didn't I? Oh well.

::signs accidentally::

Raist
Apr 25, 2003, 10:31 PM
This is a very...very...bad...idea. There's absolutley nothing "official" about this list and aside from that there isn't any point to this list.

Kthak
Apr 25, 2003, 10:36 PM
Why do you even care if it is a bad idea, or a waste of time... it doesn't hurt anyone...

Guile
Apr 25, 2003, 10:44 PM
On 2003-04-25 18:41, Aurra wrote:
::waits anxiously for Balthor to sign:: http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Oh, and I'm legit but I don't really care if people know I am. I guess I just signed anyway, didn't I? Oh well.

::signs accidentally::

Yeah right! You PKed me !!! JOO r teh H4x0r5!!
Yes balthor should see this.. I really don't care if I'm called a legit or duper or first legit duper! Fact is I really only play with a select few, aurra being one of them so not many people see my char

Raist
Apr 25, 2003, 10:47 PM
On 2003-04-25 20:36, Kthak wrote:
Why do you even care if it is a bad idea, or a waste of time... it doesn't hurt anyone...

Oh really, well lets say someone doesn't like somebody who's listed here. So they come here and claim that they saw them using a common dupe with only the other person's word saying its not true, who do you believe?
Or how bout what people concieve are dupes. Somebody works hard and gets a Lavis Cannon (very doable), well somebody sees them using the Lavis Cannon and reports them as non-legit so they get tooken off the list. And even better when people consider things like any rare armors or rare mags dupes.
I could go on and on with how this list would just create more controversy but I think I've gotten at what I'm trying to say here.
You can't create a list like this that's even close to accurate and even if you could, what're you gonna use it for?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raist on 2003-04-25 20:53 ]</font>

Aurra
Apr 25, 2003, 11:20 PM
On 2003-04-25 20:47, Raist wrote:
And even better when people consider things like any rare armors or rare mags dupes.

Yeah... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I have a legit Angel's Wing (5/140/55/0) that I raised myself, and then used the Heart of Angel cell I found from a St. Rappy to evolve it. Some people I've played with have seen it and instantly yelled DUPE! even after I showed them the stats. Oh well, not my problem... trust me all you generalizers, if I thought I could be having more fun using dupes, I would be http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Balthor
Apr 26, 2003, 12:24 AM
Oh my fucking GOD, this is the funniest thing I seen in ages. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

I think the quote someone was looking for from snapple was:

"being legit means being able to use dupes without telling anyone"

Hahah, y'all starting to sound like a fucking mid-western cult now, "We are teh (not a typo) legits, ph33r our leetness".

I just hope mass suicide is in your agendas.

Tulathis
Apr 26, 2003, 02:44 AM
There is no sure fire way to prove whether or not but we can try our best....post known dupers names here and if someone claims ot be legit here and you find out otherwise let it be known.
That sounds like a witch hunt to me. Like you said, there is no way to prove that someone is a duper unless you witness it firsthand, and even that is really tough to prove to someone else. Similarly, how do you go about proving that you are legit? People will claim to be whatever they want you to believe they are, but that doesn't make it so.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tulathis on 2003-04-26 01:07 ]</font>

VulpesMundi
Apr 26, 2003, 03:01 AM
Even I think this is a bad idea. Alienating people because they play/act/think/look/etc. different doesn't prove anything. It just fuels hatred and intolerance. Play the game and enjoy yourself. That's what's important.

BeatZero
Apr 26, 2003, 08:48 AM
this is not going to work, saying someone dupes or uses dupes because they have a weapon or armor before being able to find it (say someone with red mechs in hard/vhard) is well wrong. ever think they may have a higher level character that can find them?

Wewt
Apr 26, 2003, 12:25 PM
mmmm... a list of legits. Now the cheaters who hate cheaters know who to piss off the most.

I saw the majority of people in this thread use dupes, and exploit the game's bugs.

This topic is beyond ridiculous.

Mystil
Apr 26, 2003, 01:01 PM
For once I agree with W. I have one legit character, my RAmarl, where she'll remain. Legit as in..she has not weps that are known dupes that came off trades. My HUne has plenty from trades, and my FO.

And so what...? What can be done about them..? You don't know that there dupes in a trade. There's no way of knowing or believing. Either that or I'd be stuck with Twin Pyschoguns(only 10 star I always find and it sucks)

Sorry, but this will disrespect 'honest dupers' and 'legits that don't know that they are getting dupes from trades'.

All this labeling is stupid.

Kthak
Apr 26, 2003, 01:15 PM
On 2003-04-25 20:47, Raist wrote:

On 2003-04-25 20:36, Kthak wrote:

Oh really, well lets say someone doesn't like somebody who's listed here. So they come here and claim that they saw them using a common dupe with only the other person's word saying its not true, who do you believe?
Or how bout what people concieve are dupes. Somebody works hard and gets a Lavis Cannon (very doable), well somebody sees them using the Lavis Cannon and reports them as non-legit so they get tooken off the list. And even better when people consider things like any rare armors or rare mags dupes.
I could go on and on with how this list would just create more controversy but I think I've gotten at what I'm trying to say here.
You can't create a list like this that's even close to accurate and even if you could, what're you gonna use it for?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raist on 2003-04-25 20:53 ]</font>

So because a few people can ruin the premise of the thread, it is a bad idea. Then PSO is a bad idea because a few dupers and hackers ruined the premise of PSO... to play through the levels, find rares, and level up so you can beat the game on Ultimate. The purpose of the list is just that... a list. It is a list of legits, and if someone can PROVE that a person on this list isn't legit, like with screenshots or video of them duping or using a duped item (like a weapon with insane percents) then that person would be off the list. This is no "he said she said," this isn't a witch hunt... you need proof to take someone off the list. If you don't want to be part of it, then fine don't be... it still doesn't hurt you or anyone else.

Kthak
Apr 26, 2003, 01:17 PM
On 2003-04-26 06:48, BeatZero wrote:
this is not going to work, saying someone dupes or uses dupes because they have a weapon or armor before being able to find it (say someone with red mechs in hard/vhard) is well wrong. ever think they may have a higher level character that can find them?

Twinking isn't legit... so if you have a weapon that you shouldn't have at a certain level you aren't legit.

Raist
Apr 26, 2003, 01:21 PM
On 2003-04-26 11:17, Kthak wrote:
Twinking isn't legit... so if you have a weapon that you shouldn't have at a certain level you aren't legit.

And why would you consider twinking cheating?? Look at it this way, if duping didn't exist, everybody on gamecube pso would be legit (with a few exceptions like Baru). If you can do it without abusing a game glitch or using a cheat device, it ain't cheating.

Aurra
Apr 26, 2003, 02:37 PM
On 2003-04-26 11:17, Kthak wrote:

Twinking is legit. If ST didn't want it going on, they wouldn't have allowed you to transfer your items to your other characters in offline mode, or trade items with other people online.

People are taking the legit/cheater thing way to damn far. What's PSO? Oh yeah, it's a game. What's a game supposed to provide? Oh that's right, it's fun. Not character assassination, not legit lists, not all this hatred and crap.

::unsigns from the legit list::

Guile
Apr 26, 2003, 08:29 PM
This is so tard...really now, who the hell can define the word "Legit"
not duping, not twinking, never feed your mag, use only a saber+1 through the whole game!!

one word....bah!

BonusKun
Apr 27, 2003, 09:03 AM

... .... ............omfg....I'm in total 100% agreement with you......

Raist
Apr 27, 2003, 03:51 PM
On 2003-04-27 07:03, BonusKun wrote:
... .... ............omfg....I'm in total 100% agreement with you......

...poor poor Satan, hell has indeed frozen over.

Azurill
Apr 27, 2003, 11:28 PM
Twinking is beyond legit. As long as you got those weapons yourself, then whos to say what?

As for duping, if it wasn't for those dupes the meseta/item flow wouldn't be as powerful, think of it like that.

Azumarill the FOmarl + Milotic the RAmarl, both legit to my knowledge.

I will still trade for what I need, be them duped or not. This isn't a contest of Holier than Thou, this is called PSO. Just like every other MMoG, Dupers and Cheaters and Scammers and Hackers make the game tick.

Just my 4 meseta.

Castoth
Apr 28, 2003, 02:50 AM
There are two classes of 'legit': normal and elite:

Normal legits do not use dupes nor trade for items that, most likely, are dupes (11 star and above from strangers for example). They sometimes also exploit bugs that have not been patched since the very first PSO (if they want to) and ST has shown no ill will towards (TP trick and Mines trick). Twinking is also fine since if you found those items yourself, why not use them as you wish?

Elite legits do not use dupes nor trade for any items at all, regardless of the source. They look down upon twinking, tricks within the game, etc. The most distinguishing characteristic about this class though (and that makes them as hated as some cheaters out there among the general populace) is the fact they are vocal about these stances and make it a point to mention them every chance they get. Use a weapon that is fairly rare that you did happen to find? They will hassle you with questions and criticism until they either accept that you did find the item or just leave. In other words, if you are not as 'legit' as them, you are not legit at all and are scum like the rest of the cheating population.

Fortunately, E. Legits are in a very small minority online but since they are the most vocal, they make the rest of us look bad as well. Unless ST comes out and says that what is listed above are bugs and will be fixed in later versions of PSO (not to mention asking people to stop exploting them), they are considered legit means by the majority to reach a goal.

Tulathis
Apr 28, 2003, 04:43 AM
Unless ST comes out and says that what is listed above are bugs and will be fixed in later versions of PSO (not to mention asking people to stop exploting them), they are considered legit means by the majority to reach a goal.

I'm pretty sure trading will never be defined as a bug. They even put in a Trade Window function for the new version. Telepiping for rare enemies? If ST didn't predict this then they are dumber than anyone ever thought. Duping methods have been defined as bugs and continue to be fixed to the best of ST's ability. Of course they will never be able to completely fix this, and people who want to cheat will find a way. I suppose it's part of the challenge for dupers, replacing the challenge of being legit.

KodiaX987
Apr 28, 2003, 09:44 AM
I am so legit I make TeamPhalanx look like a hacker.

Murako
Apr 28, 2003, 01:47 PM
I'm legit. Just look at my sig.

Aurra
Apr 28, 2003, 04:33 PM
On 2003-04-28 07:44, KodiaX987 wrote:
I am so legit I make TeamPhalanx look like a hacker.

Barubary is just a puppet! TeamP is the one who really broke the encryption! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Guile
Apr 29, 2003, 12:03 AM
Your all fired!