PDA

View Full Version : i fail to see how this game is fun

Mechacaseal
Dec 16, 2015, 08:26 PM
played it on and off over the years. feels like uninspiring busy work. i remember one quest i liked running over and over again with a pack of other players. cant find it anymore. but ya this is not a very fun game. can barely call it a game. i think they really ruined pso with this...

WEED420BLAZEIT
Dec 16, 2015, 08:30 PM
To take me out you must fight like a man
(To take me out you must fight like a man)
You've yet to prove that you can
(You’ve yet to prove me that you can)
I see your opinion and it compares to something
(I see your opinion and it compares to something)
That is if something is nothing
(That is if something is nothing)

lunamaniac
Dec 16, 2015, 08:34 PM
The gameplay on its own is actually really fun. Incentives are secondary to the experience itself, at least for me. So I have fun regardless of what reason I'm doing it for.

Unlike other free to plays I can knowingly appreciate the journey as much as the destination. So no busy work for me.

Anduril
Dec 16, 2015, 08:35 PM
They didn't ruin PSO with this game. You can still go back and play the original PSO and it will not be any different for PSO2's existence. Also, this is probably better suited for the Rants subforum.

Saelix
Dec 16, 2015, 08:41 PM
I fail to see how you think anyone would care about your opinion.

Magicks
Dec 16, 2015, 08:51 PM
There I said it. I haven't played Phantasy Star Online games in about 3 years seriously before that I played it on a fairly frequent basis since dreamcast. The last straw was when i got cut off from pso2 after the ddos attacks got american ISPs blocked and I lost access to my account and when I got access back I could not verify myself. When I realized I had to start over I couldn't help but laugh to myself and realize they should be paying me to grind away on their game cause it's certainly not fun. I can't go back to garbage third party PSOBB trash servers and that game is rotten to the core now. WHo in god's name would play a grinder game in 2015? seriously. I hope one day PSO turned into a third person PVP shooter game or even a MOBA LOL. Who with me? I'm sorry but mmorpgs and orpgs are life sucking filth that deserve to be hacked and disposed of. for now i play RTS games and the occasional fps or moba.

/thread

Mechacaseal
Dec 16, 2015, 09:00 PM
/thread

lulz :D

jooozek
Dec 16, 2015, 09:05 PM
pvp shooter or moba?

ha ha

oh wow

wefwq
Dec 16, 2015, 09:10 PM
If you don't like waifusim grind then there's your problem.

TaigaUC
Dec 16, 2015, 09:24 PM
PSO2 has some parts that are great, but I think it's kind of a mess in terms of... there probably isn't clear enough direction for most people.
As in, the game is designed in a such a way that most players don't really know what they could/should be doing, or what stuff is more fun, or whether they're doing stuff incorrectly or not.
I mean, for example, there are so many weapons/units and other items that are completely useless. But how are people supposed to know that?

I think your experience with PSO2 sucking is likely because of the above.
If you don't follow an optimal path, you kinda end up wallowing around in the mud (boring part) for a long, long time.
It's fun for me now because I have every class maxed out, good weapons of every type, etc... so I can mess around for fun. But it takes forever to get to that point.
Some classes feel like a chore at lower levels when you don't have access to decent gear, decent skills, etc.

A lot of games have this issue where... the very start seems great, and the most interesting stuff tends to be end-game.
Everything in between tends to be boring-as-shit repetition.

MarvelComics
Dec 18, 2015, 10:02 AM
played it on and off over the years. feels like uninspiring busy work. i remember one quest i liked running over and over again with a pack of other players. cant find it anymore. but ya this is not a very fun game. can barely call it a game. i think they really ruined pso with this...

I fail to see why someone would choose to start a thread like this in a fan forum, full of people who obviously like the game, hence why they are here. Oh wait, nope, the purpose is to be a shit disturber. Nevermind. I get it. No wait, that seems like a colossal waste of time and energy....doesn't it? Nope, I don't get it.

Zorafim
Feb 10, 2016, 01:40 PM
I finally got the game working again, and tried it out again. Beyond checking out the character creation, I could barely force myself to keep the game open. The game was good at one point, but it's just become a mess.
Even when I enjoyed playing, the only things I enjoyed were the matterboards (and story missions) and soloing bosses. Neither of those reward you with anything substantial, however. The rest of the game is just waiting around for a mission rewarding enough to bother with.

RageousGray
Mar 29, 2016, 03:38 AM
For me it's more like an uncle that visits you every month or so... it's not bad