PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 The rant of PSO2 players

rokkuman
Dec 23, 2015, 10:46 PM
I don't post much around here, however i feel like i should post about it now. You don't need to agree with me but let's take a look at our past, shall we?

>1987~1993- The Phantasy Star series is born with an innovative story and an unforgettable role-play. The game attracts many loyal fans which consider the series one of the best ever made.
>2001~2005- The PSO series is born, being one of the first MMORPGs on a console, the Phantasy Star series proved that it couldn't stop being fresh, adding new loyal fans to the series. Although, some conservative fans from the first era bitched and mourned that the game wasn't like the oldies.
>2006~2010- The Universe series is born, despite being rich in story it has indeed some gameplay flaws that were getting fixed given time. The series brought new fans to the Phantasy Star series and it has been the first to many people. However, some people mourned and bitched that the game was not like both PSO and the original PS series..
>2012- Oracle series is born is released, also bringing some fresh air with it being probably the most popular and best seller of all above, however(as always) many people didn't like the fresh air to the series(i'm not going to talk about PS Nova and PSO2es):
-->EP1- Some people still complain that the game is not like either the original PSO or the original PS.
-->EP2 - Some people bitched that katanas are fan service, implying that the Otaku are destroying the game and also complain about collabs.
-->EP3- Some people bitched that collabs were excessive and they were destroying the game, saying that they were fan-service and some were too weak.
-->Near EP4- Many people now bitch because they did not like the first-look of something surprising and different for the game that we neither have full info about or we did experience yet, complaining even before it's released.

Please note- I'm not criticizing you if you like one series better than another, it's your life, but we need know the difference between taste and blind-nostalgia that blindfolds people to hate anything new.

Hysteria1987
Dec 23, 2015, 10:59 PM
Saw you post this on Facebook :P

I'd say there's a bit of a difference between adding new content to a game, and changing from space-monsters to high-school.

That said, the new area does at least look nice to me, I always did sort of like future city stuff.

kurokyosuke
Dec 23, 2015, 11:43 PM
I'd say there's a bit of a difference between adding new content to a game, and changing from space-monsters to high-school.

I wanted to reply to a post like this, but I wanted to avoid the other rant threads since my post would probably just be ignored and drown in a sea of negativity.

Ahem...

Are our characters the ones going to high school? No? Then what's the fucking problem? Whatever everyday life these high school girl characters are having has absolutely no effect on ARKS's visit to planet Earth and the coming story.

wefwq
Dec 23, 2015, 11:56 PM
Are our characters the ones going to high school? No? Then what's the fucking problem? Whatever everyday life these high school girl characters are having has absolutely no effect on ARKS's visit to planet Earth and the coming story.
People are getting triggered because of the highschool setting alone, regardless on how protagonist character attend school or not.
Kinda weird despite PSO2 already getting tons of school outfit in the past 3 years though, hahaha.

rokkuman
Dec 24, 2015, 12:12 AM
I wanted to reply to a post like this, but I wanted to avoid the other rant threads since my post would probably just be ignored and drown in a sea of negativity.

Ahem...

Your damn right, people seem to hate whatever is new.

Hysteria1987
Dec 24, 2015, 12:25 AM

Ahem...

Take it easy there, all I said is that it's a radical departure from what we've got now. The world's not ending, the power of friendship overcoming the odds isn't making everyone nauseous, and my account is not on ebay for a dollar. I don't particularly have to like the high-school stuff, no matter how weakly related to the story it may end up being (which I don't particularly pay much attention to as it is), for me to enjoy the look of the level.

And like I said, I do like how it looks. I reckon it'll be interesting.

The Walrus
Dec 24, 2015, 12:26 AM
could be a "straw that broke the camel's back" sort of deal

Squall179
Dec 24, 2015, 12:29 AM
the whole swirl of rage over this sounds, to me, like the ravings of spoiled children except that it fits in line with the general negativity I've always been witness to on this website. It was almost amusing last night.

Tonight however, well...let us put it into perspective.

In the real world. Right now...

People are dying. People are "celebrating" holidays without loved ones who have died, who have been killed, murdered via things such as violent acts, or even the brutal negligence of lazy doctors rushing to get to their golf appointment who tell a middle aged woman to put vasaline on what is clearly a septic, necrotic skin issue, which then spreads into her blood and slowly kills her by making her heart disintegrate within a matter of weeks.

People are dying in horrible ways, in real life, families losing loved ones, children who never wanted to have to go through christmas without their own mother.......

meanwhile the babies here are complaining about how episode 4 of Phantasy Star Online 2 is so upsetting to them they cannot go on, or are so bothered by it they cannot even for one instant think of anything to do other than scream about it. Cry about it. complain about it like babies.

Pathetic.

get some actual priorities people....

TaigaUC
Dec 24, 2015, 01:01 AM
I never heard that "katana is fan service" thing, doesn't make sense to me.
People have been complaining about collabos since day one because we're getting way more collabos than actual PSO2-themed stuff.
And the PSO2-themed stuff tends to be really ugly.
If PSO2 didn't rely so heavily on collabos, the game would probably already be localized in the West. It's that significant.

Regarding episode 4, enough of it has been revealed to form an opinion.
They are confident of whatever they've shown us, otherwise they would not show us.

From what I hear, the Phantasy Star series has always been heavily influenced by Star Wars.
Can you imagine if the new Star Wars movie took place in a modern American high school instead of a galaxy far far away?
And with colorful Jar Jar Binks eating candy.
Are you saying it's not valid to be concerned about such a bizarre change?
Look at the Star Wars Kinect dancing thing. People weren't happy about that, and for good reason.
I don't even care about Star Wars and I can tell that dance thing was silly. I think it's funny, but at the same time I think it disrespects fans.

That being said, I already voiced my opinion and concerns about episode 4.
I'm not wasting my time running around the place whining about it. I do show it to friends so we can laugh at the silliness.
If people want to quit the game, let them. If people want to complain about the game, let them.
I'm sure everyone knows that SEGA isn't going to care either way.
You don't have to waste your time listening to the complaints or responding to them.

@Squall179
That's a strawman. Yes, there's lots of serious shit going on, and I probably know this better than anyone else.
But the fact is most regular people don't care, and even if they did, they can't do anything about it.

People don't come to the PSO World general forum to talk about world terrorism or whatever. They come here to talk about PSO2.
How do you know they aren't talking about important world stuff elsewhere?
Can you imagine if people only focused on talking about important world issues? All of these forums would be empty.
Nobody would be playing PSO2. Nobody would be at work, they'd all be out in the field, in battlezones, trying to save lives.
Movies, games, none of those things would sell. Entire industries would collapse. Nobody would be buying, they'd be trying to feed starving kids in a third world country.

So, I think it's pretty pointless to say "you shouldn't complain about anything because there's more serious shit going on somewhere in the world".
For example, if you fell over and broke your leg. "Agh! It hurts!" and people would just tell you, "Deal with it, at least you're not a starving kid in Ethiopia".
Sounds silly, right? Because it is. It's all about context.

KLMS1
Dec 24, 2015, 01:12 AM
could be a "straw that broke the camel's back" sort of deal

could be a "retards kneejerking" sort of deal, too.

I know which one my money's on seeing as how it's teh Intarwebz.

AmanoMai
Dec 24, 2015, 01:15 AM
From what I hear, the Phantasy Star series has always been heavily influenced by Star Wars.
Can you imagine if the new Star Wars movie took place in a modern American high school instead of a galaxy far far away?

when you travels from planets to planets
i expect entirely new cultures and ecological system, one that breaks all common sense of a previous one.
complaining that a new planet does not match with old planet :-?
(yes, from ARKS perspective, earth is a new planet)

being influenced by Stars Wars does not means you cannot breaks away from the mold

whether it keeps it's original style throughout the series, or introduce wacky stuff one after another like pso2, there will always be people who dislike one thing and prefer another.

TaigaUC
Dec 24, 2015, 01:32 AM
If you expect entirely new cultures, why is Harukotan Japan and Earth is also Japan?
Previous PS games also had Japan stuff. You don't really see other cultures. Or ecological systems, for that reason.

I didn't say they can't take breaks away from mold. I used Star Wars as an example of something that has its own contextual universe.
People naturally get upset if it breaks too far away from that. Does Star Wars have modern-ish American high school Jedi stories? I haven't heard that it does.

Are you trying to suggest that Phantasy Star going from a long history of futuristic space stuff to a seemingly modern day high school setting in seemingly modern Tokyo isn't strange?
Because even Atsuko Enomoto herself said on the livestream that the sense of world has become confusing.
JP reviews and JP people I've spoken to have been complaining all along that PSO2 has no sense of world. This is not a new thing.

It's also not the first time PSO2 has ignored stuff from the Phantasy Star series.
One of my JP friends has complained multiple times about how Casts used to be androids, not cyborgs.
Apparently, according to PSO2 lore, every Cast was originally a human. So what happened to all the androids?
Life born from artificial intelligence is an interesting concept on its own. Why would they completely remove this?

This whole episode 4 thing is especially strange because they said it's being tied to the anime, and PSO2 exists as a game in the anime.
Does this mean all Phantasy Stars up until now are suddenly just within the context of a game?
And not the story of a futuristic universe? If so, that's not just breaking the mold, it's pretty much breaking the entire series.
Can you imagine if the entire Star Wars universe was suddenly revealed to be an online game?
If that's what they're aiming for, it also feels like an imitation of popular "onine game" animes, and not its own thing like Phantasy Star used to be, which is sad.

There's such a thing as being contextual. Breaking from the mold is different from taking a giant huge massive leap into something totally different.
As far as I'm concerned PSO2 has been a mess all along.

Anyway I came back here to point something out:
SEGA doesn't care about people leaving because of their shit not making sense. They don't need the game to make sense, or play well as a game.
They supposedly said PSO2 is designed around its community, or it's meant to be a social game, or whatever. It'll survive by that.
I have JP PSO2 friends who barely play games in general, even quit PSO2 on and off, but still went to the livestream event and had fun.
People enjoy all these social gatherings and events and dances and so on.
As long as SEGA doesn't somehow significantly alienate a massive amount of people, they're not going to change what they're doing.

If episode 4 had nothing people wanted, and only stuff people didn't want, then yes, it would be a colossal failure.
The fact is episode 4 comes with a ton of stuff people have been waiting for.
Of course most people aren't going to quit now.
It's just another example of, taking the bad with the good. As long as it's not a failure, they're not going to care about fixing the bad.
Unless enough people complain about it, of course. But they're not going to care about what foreigners think.

You know, one of the things I've heard people say about design....
When you design something that takes place in the future, you have more freedom, because you're not bound by what exists in the past and present.
You can just make whatever you want, because it's the future. It hasn't happened yet.
So it seems kinda sad to me that, when Phantasy Star has such freedom, they choose to focus on stuff like modern high school Japan.
I only played PSO1 episode 1, and that game was a pretty fresh and unique experience for me. So I hope you can see where I'm coming from.

What's that tagline from Star Trek? "Going where no man has been"? Can you imagine Star Trek suddenly being about high school America?
Imagine how many people play PSO2 to enjoy a futuristic world. Now imagine that it's suddenly modern high school Japan. Of course some people are going to be upset.
I'm not one of those people. But I still think it's strange, and sad.
If I was director of this mess, I would have just called the game something else to begin with, instead of using the Phantasy Star universe.

And for anyone arguing it's not modern Japan... it's 2028. That's just over a decade from now.

One of my friends complained yesterday that Earth was destroyed before PSO1, hence looking for a new planet and ending up on Ragol.
Dunno if that's true, I don't remember and I'm too lazy to look it up right now.

rokkuman
Dec 24, 2015, 02:24 AM
I never heard that "katana is fan service" thing, doesn't make sense to me.
People have been complaining about collabos since day one because we're getting way more collabos than actual PSO2-themed stuff.
And the PSO2-themed stuff tends to be really ugly.
If PSO2 didn't rely so heavily on collabos, the game would probably already be localized in the West. It's that significant.

Regarding episode 4, enough of it has been revealed to form an opinion.
They are confident of whatever they've shown us, otherwise they would not show us.

And with colorful Jar Jar Binks eating candy.
Are you saying it's not valid to be concerned about such a bizarre change?
Look at the Star Wars Kinect dancing thing. People weren't happy about that, and for good reason.
I don't even care about Star Wars and I can tell that dance thing was silly. I think it's funny, but at the same time I think it disrespects fans.

That being said, I already voiced my opinion and concerns about episode 4.
I'm not wasting my time running around the place whining about it. I do show it to friends so we can laugh at the silliness.
If people want to quit the game, let them. If people want to complain about the game, let them.
I'm sure everyone knows that SEGA isn't going to care either way.
You don't have to waste your time listening to the complaints or responding to them.

First of all, the collabs have nothing to do with a localization(not that we need it anyways). Second of all i never said we shouldn`t be concerned, after all this game is the best MMORPG i've played and i wouldn't like it going down the hill, i said that people shouldn't be judging so fast something they only saw a few trailers about.
Of course, it wasn't what i expected, i think i can say that for everyone, but it's this kind of "fresh air" that makes PSO2 so unique compared to other MMOs, after all the gaming history shows us the people laugh of things they fear/don't fully understand, people laughed at the Nintendo Wii for example, but if we give it at least a try to form our opinions instead of senselesly bashing it, we might understand it. And btw, don't think of the Phantasy Star series as Star Wars, think it as Phantasy Star.

AmanoMai
Dec 24, 2015, 02:43 AM
@Taiga
I agree, it'll throw people off when you leap into something completely different that were perhaps not meant to be in this game at all
and pso2 is a total mess

but a lot of your examples are just singling out a couple of things to empathize a point that wasn't convincing in the first place

If you expect entirely new cultures, why is Harukotan Japan and Earth is also Japan?
Previous PS games also had Japan stuff. You don't really see other cultures. Or ecological systems, for that reason.

why compare earth to harkotan?
why not compare it to naberius? lilipa? or compare harkotan to amdusica ?

harkotan is also massively different from earth btw, while both are influenced by Japan, one is from mythology and folklore while one is from a modern era.

don't how you're lumping them together just because they're "Japan"
today's Japan is pretty much 'murica in the east

I do feel abit uncomfortable, not gonna lie.
but for what it's worth, it's interesting. I mostly just want to do something interesting in fun in this game, so if they're giving me a fun ride, i'll ride it.

What needs to be fixing isn't the story, it's the mechanics and balance which they're totally failling at. but that's for a different thread

illegaleagle90
Dec 24, 2015, 02:49 AM
You guys know.... seeing as how PSO2 in general has many different themes and aspects of its setting inspired in someway, shape or form from Japan while still retaining a very heavily sci-fi flair, EP4 going to 2028 Japan on Planet Earth is the logical conclusion of this really.

[I mean guys... come on, a fuckload of different costumes and characters have some trope popular in Japanese media]

Dammy
Dec 24, 2015, 02:49 AM
cant read that post, it hurts my eyes

AmanoMai
Dec 24, 2015, 02:51 AM
oops, i forgot to post this, please excuse me for double posting

What's that tagline from Star Trek? "Going where no man has been"? Can you imagine Star Trek suddenly being about high school America?
Imagine how many people play PSO2 to enjoy a futuristic world. Now imagine that it's suddenly modern high school Japan. Of course some people are going to be upset.

As for my self, I'm very used to this kind of setting, where an original non-earth crew finds their self in earth or whatever similar things.
It's a popular setting in anime, novels and the likes.

something i've noticed, people play this game expect it to be Star Craft , or maybe Starwars online.

turned out it's an anime in disguise
well rekt

rokkuman
Dec 24, 2015, 02:53 AM
*cough* *cough* Neudaiz*cough* *cough*

Are you trying to suggest that Phantasy Star going from a long history of futuristic space stuff to a seemingly modern day high school setting in seemingly modern Tokyo isn't strange?.
No. I'm saying that by being strange and new it makes it exciting. What relationship could that apocalyptical earth have to the darkers or the photoners? What kind of plot they want to show us?

AIt's also not the first time PSO2 has ignored stuff from the Phantasy Star series.
One of my JP friends has complained multiple times about how Casts used to be androids, not cyborgs.
Apparently, according to PSO2 lore, every Cast was originally a human. So what happened to all the androids?
Life born from artificial intelligence is an interesting concept on its own. Why would they completely remove this?
That's one of the things that pisses me off on the fanbase, the conservatorship. Why should PSO2 follow the old plot? It's a new game, new possibilities. Even if it were that way, what difference would it make outside of the story? In PSP2I, the dumans were originally were pale skinned, you couldn't choose any color that is dark for example, why should PSO2 follow that script?

Does this mean all Phantasy Stars up until now are suddenly just within the context of a game?
And not the story of a futuristic universe? If so, that's not just breaking the mold, it's pretty much breaking the entire series.
Can you imagine if the entire Star Wars universe was suddenly revealed to be an online game?
If that's what they're aiming for, it also feels like an imitation of popular "onine game" animes, and not its own thing like Phantasy Star used to be, which is sad.
That's EXACTLY why you should wait for the story without judging it first! Btw, when did they confirm that? I know my japanese isn't perfect but i think i would've understood that, in fact, i think anyone would by saying the word "anime".

But they're not going to care about what foreigners think.
Of course they do, they probably wouldn't make 4 million players without us this soon, but of course they will give a special attention to the japanese culture since this is a japanese release.

I only played PSO1 episode 1, and that game was a pretty fresh and unique experience for me. So I hope you can see where I'm coming from.
I see, there's no problem on liking a game more than other but you need to understand that sometimes things are going to change and it can chage drastically, surprising everyone, but if you open yourself to it i'm pretty sure the experiece will be the best possible.

Again, anime, not the game itself.

And for anyone arguing it's not modern Japan... it's 2028. That's just over a decade from now.
I agree that it's indeed suspicious that they chose such a random year... And considering that it's exactly 1 year after the year of the anime it could be a reference. Well, we gotta wait and see what happens!

One of my friends complained yesterday that Earth was destroyed before PSO1, hence looking for a new planet and ending up on Ragol.
Dunno if that's true, I don't remember and I'm too lazy to look it up right now. If i'm not wrong they never said that pioneer people came from earth, they could be much like ARKS, but searching for a new planet.

Hysteria1987
Dec 24, 2015, 04:39 AM
Off topic, but...

I only played PSO1 episode 1, and that game was a pretty fresh and unique experience for me. So I hope you can see where I'm coming from.If you ever get the chance to play Ep2, I recommend it- it was my favourite episode. Dat central control area. Of all the games I've ever played, the original PSO still stands as my absolute favourite.

Dunno if that's true, I don't remember and I'm too lazy to look it up right now.The world in PSO1 they left behind was called Coral- whether or not that's a kind of parallel to Earth, well... that's not something I know anything about unfortunately. What I do know is it wasn't quite destroyed (at least by the end of Ep2, I don't know enough of the story beyond that), but due to crippling wars and such it was very quickly becoming uninhabitable, and they needed out. Hence, we got the Pioneer project- probes were desperately sent into space to find a habitable world, and we end up on the mysterious Ragol...

One of the governments on Coral actually ruled over Ragol as a colony until some point far into the storyline (ep3 IIRC).

One of the more interesting theories here was that the spaceship buried under Ragol (the 'ruins') was an ancient ship sent out at the end of one of the earlier Phantasy Star games- there was one where a bunch got launched for some reason, maybe they were fleeing something. It used to be thought that it was the Arissa III, which was a ship in one of the old stories if I'm not mistaken, but there's no proper evidence to support that.

The ancient ruins actually being a millennia-old spaceship was always a really powerful image to me.

Sizustar
Dec 24, 2015, 05:06 AM
Can you imagine if the new Star Wars movie took place in a modern American high school instead of a galaxy far far away?.

Didn't disney recently did a fairytale villan highschool serie?
Now that they own marvel and star wars, won't they do something like that?

landman
Dec 24, 2015, 05:27 AM
I agree with everything you said but the fact is that Enterprise more often than not discovered Earth clones/mirrors around the galaxy where history was exactly the same as in Earth but something branched in their history, obviously most of those Earths where stuck in a XX century scenario, or in other words, they recycled a lot of atrezzo from gangster movies, cowboy movies, and even old rome movies lol And that's why I like Star Wars more than Star Trek.

dr apocalipsis
Dec 24, 2015, 06:08 AM
In the real world. Right now...

People are dying. People are "celebrating" holidays without loved ones who have died, who have been killed, murdered via things such as violent acts, or even the brutal negligence of lazy doctors rushing to get to their golf appointment who tell a middle aged woman to put vasaline on what is clearly a septic, necrotic skin issue, which then spreads into her blood and slowly kills her by making her heart disintegrate within a matter of weeks.

People are dying in horrible ways, in real life, families losing loved ones, children who never wanted to have to go through christmas without their own mother.......

meanwhile the babies here are complaining about how episode 4 of Phantasy Star Online 2 is so upsetting to them they cannot go on, or are so bothered by it they cannot even for one instant think of anything to do other than scream about it. Cry about it. complain about it like babies.

Pathetic.

get some actual priorities people....

Haven't read the rest of the thread, but this is already GOLD.

jooozek
Dec 24, 2015, 06:13 AM
the irony is lost on people whining about others whining about the game :wacko:

wefwq
Dec 24, 2015, 06:25 AM
Damn, all those wall of text.
You guys take such trivial stuff way too seriously.

SilkaN
Dec 24, 2015, 06:40 AM
Damn, all those wall of text.
You guys take such trivial stuff way too seriously.

They don't have anything better to do.
Me as well.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Dec 24, 2015, 02:15 PM

Ahem...

If our characters were the ones going to high school... then PSO2 would be the weirdest MMO I've ever played ever. Maplestory would be blasted out of the water by this.

I mean seriously, imagine a ginormous Cast having to go to high school.

rokkuman
Dec 24, 2015, 02:47 PM
If our characters were the ones going to high school... then PSO2 would be the weirdest MMO I've ever played ever. Maplestory would be blasted out of the water by this.

You made my day, buddy! XD

SilkaN
Dec 24, 2015, 02:55 PM

Where would be the problem? Anime taught me that Japanese high school students see this kind of weirdness every single day.

AlphaBlob
Dec 24, 2015, 03:29 PM
It's a japanese game, that's all I gotta say.

BitterMarion
Dec 24, 2015, 04:23 PM
We already have collabs, Cougar-NX and Knight Gear, 7-11 Uniforms... attempting to draw a line in this game, will only disappoint you.

Also it might not be the exact same, but Star Wars already made a massive amount of content stop being canon, once it was bought by Disney, money talks.

Sign me up for High School if it gives me more meseta!

Gama
Dec 26, 2015, 12:49 PM
honestly the only thing i disliked was the t rex phantom, the rest seems fun.

yoshiblue
Dec 26, 2015, 12:55 PM
We must go deeper. We need to go the Kingdom Hearts route and make a world for every collab made. Also, I want HUnar or Persona to end a battle like this. [SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2eUFFEd5zQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2eUFFEd5zQ[/SPOILER-BOX]

rokkuman
Dec 27, 2015, 01:21 PM
honestly the only thing i disliked was the t rex phantom, the rest seems fun.

Tbh i didn't like the zombie humans tbh. But hey, it's just a first look, they will give us more info later :3

KLMS1
Dec 27, 2015, 08:08 PM
Tbh i didn't like the zombie humans tbh.

It occurs to me that OTOH Lisa would probably be absolutely and disturbingly delighted...

ArcaneTechs
Dec 27, 2015, 08:45 PM
is there a reason we're assuming that the story is going to have us go through highschool OUTSIDE the anime that takes place years before any of this? or are we all just acting special?

Strobo_Lemon
Dec 27, 2015, 08:59 PM
Does Sega even care about what people like outside of Japan? I don't think so.

Sizustar
Dec 27, 2015, 09:09 PM

Why should they for PSO2?

It's one of their most profitable product, and with it only focusing on japan, why fix what's not broken?

Vatallus
Dec 27, 2015, 10:12 PM
Earth needs to get destroyed just like Coral did.

That said I'm looking forward to the resident evil metal gear cross over planet.

BIG OLAF
Dec 27, 2015, 10:22 PM
Apparently, according to PSO2 lore, every Cast was originally a human.

Okay so hold on a goddamned minute, what?

Your whole post was good, but this sentence made me slam my mental brakes hard. I really hope that isn't true.

NoobSpectre
Dec 27, 2015, 10:32 PM

Your whole post was good, but this sentence made me slam my mental brakes hard. I really hope that isn't true.

Well, Risa is a Newman actually before she got converted. Its already been explained in some of the white/blue tags you see during arks quest or Free exploration or ... whatever, its there.

I do hope its not the case with Regius or Zieg though. They are too awesome to be organics in the past. So please grind my weapons for me Zieg cuz I hate Dudu and Monica so much.

ArcaneTechs
Dec 27, 2015, 10:41 PM
Does every person outside Japan have to act so entitled to things as if the Wests shitty attitude toward anime/Japanese culture should completely re-do the game or readjusted to suit the needs of Western players?

Burger King Collab, good right? CoD, Gears of War etc

LonelyGaruga
Dec 27, 2015, 10:47 PM
I do hope its not the case with Regius or Zieg though. They are too awesome to be organics in the past. So please grind my weapons for me Zieg cuz I hate Dudu and Monica so much.

It's the case for all casts. For casts like Maria and Regius, they're so old that they became casts to preserve their strength. They were even stronger in the prime of their youth.

Selphea
Dec 27, 2015, 10:51 PM
In a world where cloning and body mods seem to be as casually done as going to the hairdresser, I wonder why they don't just replace their old organs with new ones.

AmanoMai
Dec 27, 2015, 11:48 PM
In a world where cloning and body mods seem to be as casually done as going to the hairdresser, I wonder why they don't just replace their old organs with new ones.

they did
with metal ones

KLMS1
Dec 28, 2015, 12:07 AM
It's the case for all casts. For casts like Maria and Regius, they're so old that they became casts to preserve their strength. They were even stronger in the prime of their youth.

Out of curiostiy, source? I mean we know Lisa is a conversion since she says so (though without explaining the details of the procedure, ie. whether she's a full-body cyborg or an upload) but the rest are never explained in-game at least.

Sizustar
Dec 28, 2015, 12:59 AM

But in Risa's case, she was a human/newman with high photon potentional, but weak physical body, so Luthor and his team, turned her into a cast why she was still young, and in the process, "broke" her.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 28, 2015, 12:59 AM
Out of curiostiy, source? I mean we know Lisa is a conversion since she says so (though without explaining the details of the procedure, ie. whether she's a full-body cyborg or an upload) but the rest are never explained in-game at least.

The EP 1&2 Materials Collection thing, which provides a few other interesting things not mentioned in the game, like the Chrome Dragon's ability to eat darkers being part of an experiment by the Void Facility to duplicate 2nd generation Claris' ability to absorb darkers, and some background about Alma's death, that she had a frail body and a limited life span because of it, and she allowed Luther to experiment on her because the research could benefit ARKS. This is also why Regius follows Luther's orders, Regius does not want to let Alma's sacrifice go to waste, and it's only until Luther provides irrefutable proof that he was never interested in ARKS' welfare to begin with that Regius turns against him.

I dunno whether that stuff should be spoiler tagged or not since it's background information for events that already happened over a year ago.

KLMS1
Dec 28, 2015, 06:29 AM
Ah, suspected it'd be something like that. Thanks. Don't suppose it explains the conversion process in more detail?

Chrysheight
Dec 28, 2015, 07:13 AM
Going to hijack this thread back to it's original topic. PSO2 in itself isn't a bad game. The thing that makes it bad is that players are expecting it to be like every other Phantasy Star or even Phantasy Star Online. It's not any of those. Phantasy Star Online 2 is only Phantasy Star Online 2.

Back in PSO1, we paid for the game (On console at least), paid for sub, and really didn't get a lot of content due to lack of anywhere to store it or how old the engine was and it being ported from it's original Dreamcast release.

Now we have PSO2 that you don't have to put any money in and because people are tired of collabs and stuff Sega uses to make money to keep the servers running and continue bringing content to players, they whine like little children but continue to play, spend money, and whine more because things don't go their way.

I wished people would just suck it up. Or if they really think they know what's best, learn to develop games and do it themselves. I hope it's the last one, maybe they'd learn to appreciate things more. Hell. I hate what Sega has done to PSO2. I will still defend them because if I was in the lead developer's position, I'd do the same exact thing. I would follow the money simply because I don't work for free.

ark0
Dec 28, 2015, 08:02 AM
still trying to figure out where you people are because most of all the random ppl ive played with are silent

so many games been made, go find another one

jooozek
Dec 28, 2015, 08:21 AM
yeah, everyone should be thankful to corporations providing f2p games with exploitative microtransactions, corporations should never be criticized nor should their decisions be ever questioned :wacko:

http://www.adweek.com/socialtimes/japan-officially-declares-lucractive-kompu-gacha-practice-illegal-in-social-games/525608 (http://www.adweek.com/socialtimes/japan-officially-declares-lucractive-kompu-gacha-practice-illegal-in-social-games/525608)

wefwq
Dec 28, 2015, 08:35 AM
yeah, everyone should be thankful to corporations providing f2p games with exploitative microtransactions, corporations should never be criticized nor should their decisions be ever questioned :wacko:

http://www.adweek.com/socialtimes/japan-officially-declares-lucractive-kompu-gacha-practice-illegal-in-social-games/525608 (http://www.adweek.com/socialtimes/japan-officially-declares-lucractive-kompu-gacha-practice-illegal-in-social-games/525608)
F2P model that using gatcha as it's pillar are never good to began with, sooner or later the game will become way too reliant to it and thus the corporation who run the game feel it's necesary to grind the gear even more harder.
As you see, SEGA already making their second move on PSO2es... and it's only getting worse from here onward.

Vatallus
Dec 28, 2015, 09:10 AM

Well, I'm happy to see someone finally taking a stand against such acts in gaming. Though that will affect PSO2 also. But I guess they could just add a system that involves around $$$. Like... just add all the things they usually put into scratches into the AC shop. So just more F2P games will use a cash shop system instead of a lottery system.

Edit: On 2nd thought such a law is going to be a double edge sword.

FANSean
Dec 28, 2015, 09:36 AM
That law was enacted a while ago, all it does is prevent Sega from doing something like:

"Obtain the Killia, Seraphina and Usalia repcas from the new Disgaea 5 scratch! Get them all and unlock this super rare skimpier (somehow) Seraphina repca, exclusively!"

Though treating anything PSO2 does on the f2p front as exploitative is a little much and people need to get some perspective.

jooozek
Dec 28, 2015, 09:48 AM
Though treating anything PSO2 does on the f2p front as exploitative is a little much and people need to get some perspective.

you kinda need to elaborate, i'll give you an example how bad f2p in pso2 is: in pso2es there is a feature where daily you get a free chance at an item which can be an elusive 13* and then, you can scratch 5 more times with each attempt costing you 100 yen and the odds get better the more you scratch
, another point is modifying the attributes of weapons, the stuff that changes those comes only from AC scratch, how bad is it? the attribute changes range from 200k to 4kk, +5% element booster is now at minimum 27kk on ship2 - slave for months for meseta or scratch that scratch for it?

KLMS1
Dec 28, 2015, 10:04 AM
slave for months for meseta or scratch that scratch for it?

Uh, this is kinda the fundamental logic of F2P you know - spend time or spend money.

wefwq
Dec 28, 2015, 10:09 AM
It does start as "acceptable" though things get worse as time goes by, the most recent example are probably anything that revolving around PSO2es.
- Horrid chip scratch rates, some chip grants "ability" for current ongoing EQs; If you don't have those chips might as well don't participate on EQ
- "Exploration" button, let you simulate UQ run (YOU DON'T ACTALLY RUN THE QUEST), all you have to do are wait the "connecting" notice, and you see list of items you get; not satisfied with what you get? you can pay them AC for extra run, even bigger rare drop multiplier and item slot per run though it's limited probably to avoid controversy.

jooozek
Dec 28, 2015, 10:16 AM
Uh, this is kinda the fundamental logic of F2P you know - spend time or spend money.

no, it's the shit you are willing to accept :wacko: everyone who knows path of exile should already be aware that f2p doesn't need to monetize on grind, the game just has to have merits and a fanbase will support it anyway but since we are talking about SEGA it's all about whether there is profit to be made :wacko:

KLMS1
Dec 28, 2015, 10:26 AM
I don't play PoE so sod that. :|

Also when I did try it roundabouts year ago it looked grindy as fuck so I'm not really seeing your point.

jooozek
Dec 28, 2015, 10:34 AM
I don't play PoE so sod that. :|

Also when I did try it roundabouts year ago it looked grindy as fuck so I'm not really seeing your point.

yeah, i don't really care what you think about PoE, all i'm mentioning is it's F2P model :wacko: ARPGs are grindy as fuck by nature of genre but that doesn't dimnish their F2P model even in the slightest: they only sell storage and cosmetics, and nothing else - no exp boost, no drop boosts, it ain't your shitty mobile phone game :wacko: we entered those shitty times where even $60 games will nickle and dime you for everything they can :wacko:

KLMS1
Dec 28, 2015, 10:44 AM
DLCs, ho!

Though I'd point out drop boosters *here* are, essentially, purchased with the selfsame drops they boost and more than pay for themselves... and triboosts all but grow in trees.

Alenoir
Dec 28, 2015, 11:03 AM
you kinda need to elaborate, i'll give you an example how bad f2p in pso2 is: in pso2es there is a feature where daily you get a free chance at an item which can be an elusive 13* and then, you can scratch 5 more times with each attempt costing you 100 yen and the odds get better the more you scratch
, another point is modifying the attributes of weapons, the stuff that changes those comes only from AC scratch, how bad is it? the attribute changes range from 200k to 4kk, +5% element booster is now at minimum 27kk on ship2 - slave for months for meseta or scratch that scratch for it?

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/bGw2tVN.png[/spoiler-box]
I never paid once to quick search on es. It's also not exclusive 13*. You either get Ares or Slave/Nemsis depending on which ultimate you searched. Anything remotely exclusive comes from es EMs. That's an entirely different beast all together.

4mil an element change isn't even that expensive. Why are you not tekking everything light to begin with anyways?

jooozek
Dec 28, 2015, 11:04 AM
i said elusive, not exclusive, good job on ignoring 27kk element boosters tho :wacko:
also, how do you tek weapons that never come untekked from mining base? :wacko:
edit: why am i not tekking everything as light? maybe because i am :wacko:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/llJIS4m.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Alenoir
Dec 28, 2015, 11:08 AM
i said elusive, not exclusive, good job on ignoring 27kk element boosters tho :wacko:
also, how do you tek weapons that never come untekked from mining base? :wacko:

Don't know, last time I saw boosters were 20mil, not 27, and I have no problem paying for that if I really needed.

I haven't played TD seriously for 9 months, wouldn't know.

FANSean
Dec 28, 2015, 11:08 AM

Attribute Changers are practically irrelevant if you have a vraolet, only necessary if you're doing a stone trade in for something that's not the element you want, at which point either try to grab it when it's in rotation and cheaper (I grabbed like two or three light attribute changes when they were in rotation and were pretty cheap) or just eat the costs.

Element Boosters have admittedly gone completely out of control but this is less because of active greed on Sega's part and more how the market shifted as 13* became more readily available and people wanted attribute boosters, they were only between 6 to 8 mil and then skyrocketed around the time of Regiment of the Wicked, roughly. This has partially been addressed by stone-13*s being much more favorable to attribute grind compared to back then (1000 runs of Ultimate Lilipa for a 60 element 13* compared to people being able to get 60 ele Ares from a solid day or two of anga farming, Orbits aren't that bad either and both it and Austere are getting easier with more content coming out giving us the neccesary stones). Attribute Boosters' costs are probably what they are because more people scratch for the costumes and so the supply isn't meeting the demand.

Let's remember that in the long run, 13* weapons are hysterically unnecessary for any content right now and considering nothing in the previews has shown us any sign of higher level enemies, will probably be staying that way for a few more months, and 13* are the only things you'd ever want to use attribute boosters on anymore.

Hell, 12* are obtainable with almost no effort even to completely free players because of the free passes you get once you start getting into XH.

I dunno, maybe I'm just used to games that give you like 20 inventory spaces as a free player and content that's borderline impossible unless you shell for the super rare lottery quintuplemega sword of awesome fuckness to stand a chance but nothing PSO2 does really make me so much as blink.

PSO2es is a different beast entirely but aside from quick search and soul receptor it has no bearing on the main game and I'm pretty sure I still managed to snag some 4s soul receptor stuff without paying out for it.

Oh no, quick search lets you get ares weapons (which are easier to get in the main game now anyways) and nemesis and slave weapons (which are mediocre 13* compared to what we've recently been getting)

shrug?

jooozek
Dec 28, 2015, 11:10 AM
PSO2es is a different beast entirely but aside from quick search and soul receptor it has no bearing on the main game and I'm pretty sure I still managed to snag some 4s soul receptor stuff without paying out for it.

Oh no, quick search lets you get ares weapons (which are easier to get in the main game now anyways) and nemesis and slave weapons (which are mediocre 13* compared to what we've recently been getting)

shrug?

shrug game gives you element fodder for paying shrug :wacko:

FANSean
Dec 28, 2015, 11:16 AM
yeah and seasonal eqs hemorrhage badges which you can trade in for element fodder without paying and relying on rng and i believe it was confirmed we're getting 2016 badges when the time comes to keep being able to do it. Or, just, get your 60 element 13* without using fodders because they get progressively easier to do so. Or just settle for your 30-some element 13* because really 13*s do disgusting amounts of damage.

did you just steamroll over the rest of everything i said just for that rebuttal?

jooozek
Dec 28, 2015, 11:21 AM
there was no point going over it as you just illustrated well how exploitative sega is :wacko: didn't feel the need to pat you on the shoulder and say "yes, that's indeed how the things were/are"

KLMS1
Dec 28, 2015, 11:52 AM
I think someone here needs to check their definition of "exploitative" against a dictionary.

Or elaborate at lenght.

jooozek
Dec 28, 2015, 12:14 PM
I think someone here needs to check their definition of "exploitative" against a dictionary.

Or elaborate at lenght.

and then we can go full circle again like we just did? :wacko: refer to quick search allowing to get elusive 13* items and then rewarding you for throwing more money and element attribute items that aren't even guaranteed being gated by real money, just keep throwing that money at screen :wacko: if you don't agree with those being exploitative, let's agree to disagree because we'd be entering another lap and i'm kinda tired already of nothing being brought to the table :wacko:

KLMS1
Dec 28, 2015, 12:25 PM
If that's "exploitative" in your books, your definitions thereof are rank bullshit and your opinion on the matter can be summarily ignored. Just sayin'. :|

jooozek
Dec 28, 2015, 12:28 PM
If that's "exploitative" in your books, your definitions thereof are rank bullshit and your opinion on the matter can be summarily ignored. Just sayin'. :|

:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

i declare this thread officially dead :wacko: cu in rants section :wacko:

Alma
Dec 28, 2015, 12:29 PM
Don't know, last time I saw boosters were 20mil, not 27, and I have no problem paying for that if I really needed.

I haven't played TD seriously for 9 months, wouldn't know.

it is right now :wacko:

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3315585&postcount=136

Vatallus
Dec 28, 2015, 12:30 PM
mmmm Capitalism.

Chrysheight
Dec 28, 2015, 01:57 PM
:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

i declare this thread officially dead :wacko: cu in rants section :wacko:

Nothing is being brought to the table? I legitimately think you are too clouded to see beyond your own view point. Or stupid. Either is fine. Going to assume first one as I would like to think there is some intelligent thought in you.

PSO2 is a game where you can do the same things whether you pay or not. I know people who haven't paid a dime and have amazing equipment, affixes, etc. Exploitive? PSO2 isn't that at all. I don't know what your definition of that is, and I respect your opinion, but you're wrong.

So do me a favor, because you strike me as the same type of person as all the new gamers who want everything handed on a platter to them, go make the game you want to play then and stop your bitching. If you hate what Sega is doing so much, quit playing. It is a simple thing to do. But you can't can you? No you want to sit and moan and complain because things aren't how you want them.

What Sega should do is go back to the buy to play, then go back to a subscription based structure. That way everyone has premium features and make costumes rare drops. $60 plus $15/month. Covers server and development fees for Sega. Those things you seem to forget exists. Sega is a company. Most of the pay for content is purely cosmetic outside premium. If you are bitching because you can't afford premium, well not my fault you can't do so nor is it Sega's.

I am all for criticising corporations. Just your criticisms are completely off base and are that of a brat who is pissed that what Sega is doing doesn't agree with your fandom for PSO2 is. That is legitimately how you post and sound.

Again, go make the game you want to play, since you are obviously needing to be in control. Make it paid for. Let's see how many people make you feel like shit because they would rather pirate it than buy it, simply because buying it is 'exploitive'.

ZerotakerZX
Dec 28, 2015, 02:02 PM
I want to rant about 5% boost. It can do some good for grinding, but as affixer it's almost useless, since it opens no new possibilities for affixing.

Chrysheight
Dec 28, 2015, 02:17 PM
Lolol. You are definitely right there. The boosts could use work. I agree.

jooozek
Dec 28, 2015, 02:19 PM
Nothing is being brought to the table? I legitimately think you are too clouded to see beyond your own view point. Or stupid. Either is fine. Going to assume first one as I would like to think there is some intelligent thought in you.

PSO2 is a game where you can do the same things whether you pay or not. I know people who haven't paid a dime and have amazing equipment, affixes, etc. Exploitive? PSO2 isn't that at all. I don't know what your definition of that is, and I respect your opinion, but you're wrong.

So do me a favor, because you strike me as the same type of person as all the new gamers who want everything handed on a platter to them, go make the game you want to play then and stop your bitching. If you hate what Sega is doing so much, quit playing. It is a simple thing to do. But you can't can you? No you want to sit and moan and complain because things aren't how you want them.

What Sega should do is go back to the buy to play, then go back to a subscription based structure. That way everyone has premium features and make costumes rare drops. $60 plus $15/month. Covers server and development fees for Sega. Those things you seem to forget exists. Sega is a company. Most of the pay for content is purely cosmetic outside premium. If you are bitching because you can't afford premium, well not my fault you can't do so nor is it Sega's.

I am all for criticising corporations. Just your criticisms are completely off base and are that of a brat who is pissed that what Sega is doing doesn't agree with your fandom for PSO2 is. That is legitimately how you post and sound.

Again, go make the game you want to play, since you are obviously needing to be in control. Make it paid for. Let's see how many people make you feel like shit because they would rather pirate it than buy it, simply because buying it is 'exploitive'.

that was quite cringe worthy with those insults, here, have a bone
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230720

Chrysheight
Dec 28, 2015, 02:31 PM
Really wasn't insulting. I could if you want. Also, so the person spent 75m to 60 element. Means they had bad luck and had to work harder to get what they want. Is that really a bad thing? That's kind of indicative of reality. If you really want something, you're going to spend time and money.

I hate the RNG in PSO2, I really do. A lot of games are more fundamentally fair in terms of being able to max things. Not everything is going to work perfect every time. Sega is using that. I've failed 100% on affixes before. Yes, while bullshit. If it was a real life thing, I know that nothing is 100% guaranteed. Shit can go wrong at any point and things can end up worse off because of it. That is how PSO2 is. You don't have to like it, you don't have to agree with it. Sega tries to help as much as they can, while still being able to make money.

Because I mean, that's what they have to do as a corporation is make money. I'm not saying they are faultless. They have done a lot of stuff with PSO2 I can't stand. It culminated in me quitting PSO2 because it stopped being fun to me. It started off with them making the start of the game less challenging. Getting an advance class and even subclass used to take work. Now advance classes are unlocked from start and subclass is just hunt 1 instead of 12 Garango, 12 Fordoran, 7 Gilnas (If I recall). I can start a new character and be at level 30 after just a couple hours. I stopped feeling like I've accomplished anything in the game because there was nothing to do. So I quit. I didn't bitch. I quit and moved on.

So let's talk. If you hate what Sega is doing so much, why don't you move on?

jooozek
Dec 28, 2015, 03:15 PM
not everything is white and black, you aren't going to throw away some dish just because it has some visual blemish (well, I wouldn't), for me it applies to PSO2; i play it on and off, came back at start of december after not playing for half year, I still enjoy the bits of new EQs and UQs and random old EQs giving a chance for exclusive 13*, it's nice to get a nice drop, but if your nice weapon doesn't have realistically farmable stones like ares (farmable being defined as not schedule/time-gated and having a decent drop rate/amount of stones needed, ares stones were certainly a step forward) and get a 13* drop you need a fodder 13* and 27-31M for every +6% you want to add to your weapon's element, or every fodder you use will add only +1%, that is a real killer: i think it's pretty unfair to say that 13* weapons are overkill, yes, for soloing they might be overkill, but what about something like TD4 Demise? if you have that overkill 13*, you can compensate a bit for the guy who runs pretty much naked
i'm not really surprised there is a lot of people running around with 13* with 15-20 element with those prices, where can a regular player who doesn't nolife get enough meseta to buy even one of those 30M +5% boosters? how many boosters would throwing 10000 yen give him? and we are talking about a single weapon for one class

untrustful
Dec 28, 2015, 03:27 PM
Just wait for 14*s and use crafted 8* :^)

Chrysheight
Dec 28, 2015, 03:43 PM
This is a quote

I won't disagree with that. It is a bit ridiculous. But at the same time there are a lot of people who only play one class too. -scratches head- It's all a mess really.