PDA

View Full Version : xbox wireless adapter for windows 8.1

Dia79
Dec 25, 2015, 06:37 AM
Hi guys , merry xmas :P

i got this new xbox one pad with wireless receiver for xmas and i was kinda surprised to see that windows 8.1 was compatible with it considering the huge insert on the box which clearly say "for win10 only" .
i have already an xbox one pad (kinda rusty now and consumed) so i felt like well even if it doesnt work ill use it as new with cable as i always do for pso2 ...but somehow now im kinda pissed lol and u know why ? ....the wireless pad works perfectly till i open my item menu window ...there im totally stuck i can't select any items , i can't move em into my storages or discard , i can't do anything ...so i decided to check on the options menu to set it with the basic gamepad set up but it was another hole in the water ...:-( the set up menu just see the pad like aiming always up with both x AND y axis ...
Now i decided to check on the xbox wireless adapter for windows 8.1 via control panel and to swich the Xhid driver with the common hid driver but nothing i have the same issue.So while the normal cable pad works perfecty the wireless solution doesnt work at all for me ....and idk if its a driver problem a pso2 problem or a win8.1 compatibility problem ...maybe i would have the same issue with win10?.
If someone here know how to fix this or some try i could make to let it work i would be very happy ^^:-D

Merry xmas again guys and girls!8-)

Yamishi
Dec 26, 2015, 12:19 AM
It's a driver problem. Unfortunately, the only way anyone has to fix it, is to roll back to older drivers, which does not support the wireless receiver or chatpad.

As someone who was really looking forward to using my chatpad with PSO2, I am bummed.