PDA

View Full Version : TeamSpeak freezing computer when PSO2 is running?

kurokyosuke
Dec 31, 2015, 08:29 PM
Is anyone else getting this issue? When I turn on TS while PSO2 is running, my computer freezes for about 15 seconds, and goes back to normal. If certain instances start while TS is open, such as starting certain programs (it happened when opening the PSO2 Chat Translator, didn't happen when opening Chrome; I haven't tested other programs), or a new contact entering a Skype call (I use Skype so I can talk to two different groups), the computer will freeze for a progressively longer time with each new instance. It also freezes when closing TS. I tried uninstalling TS, running CCleaner, and reinstalling TS, but that didn't seem to do anything.

Skornedemon
Dec 31, 2015, 08:40 PM
I both host a server and use the client of TS, no problems with pso2 and never had them.

Hysteria1987
Jan 1, 2016, 12:16 AM
I had real problems with Teamspeak and PSO2 (that said, this is the only game I've ever used Teamspeak with so I got nothing to compare it to).

I didn't run the server, I just logged on to someone else's. Worked fine the first day. Every other day I tried it though, it kept crashing regularly- it got to the point where every two minutes I'd be rebooting it.

Made it difficult to trash-talk those ARKS dance things we used to have :-P

Nanaha
Jan 1, 2016, 12:34 AM
Personally I can't even run other programs while Pso2 is up. They have to be open before I launch otherwise I get an error message and the client closes out.

jooozek
Jan 1, 2016, 04:47 AM
Personally I can't even run other programs while Pso2 is up. They have to be open before I launch otherwise I get an error message and the client closes out.

that's easy to fix

http://i.imgur.com/C85fOvm.png

KiroMatic
Jan 1, 2016, 05:55 AM
Well I want to say "just stop using TeamSpeak with PSO2" but I suppose that's not the answer you're looking for. I'm not sure of the cause but I've seen a mix of "I do have/Don't have issue with TeamSpeak when used with (enter name of game here)" so at the very least I'd feel confident that you don't necessarily need to find the answer here (What I mean is you don't need to feel discouraged if nobody has an answer for you on here), since it seems to vary between people and different games.

As for myself I've been lucky to have no such issues with TeamSpeak any time I use it so I have no idea how to go about troubleshooting this issue.

Soooo...I guess my reply is somewhat worthless. ^^;

kurokyosuke
Jan 1, 2016, 02:12 PM
I found out what the issue was. Turns out it wasn't PSO2, but actually InputMapper (which I use to play with a PS4 controller). If Exclusive Mode is enabled in InputMapper and you open TeamSpeak, then the freezes will happen. It seems having Exclusive Mode off doesn't affect PSO2, so I can turn it off with no issues and then run TS just fine.

In the event anyone else who has this issue comes across this thread and needs Exclusive Mode on in InputMapper for whatever reason, what you can do is make sure you open TS BEFORE opening IM, and it your computer won't freeze anymore.

Dephinix
Jan 2, 2016, 07:25 AM
Thank you for coming back and posting your fix!

dot_Hacker
Jan 3, 2016, 03:07 PM
Do yourself a favor and try discord. It's free and replaces many of team speak functions. Not only that they may soon have integrated in game overlay to read chat and see who is talking. I'm seriously impressed with discord and they deserve the explosive growth right now