PDA

View Full Version : Does Avast antivirus still screw w/ PSO 2's launch?

Youkai-Sama
Jan 4, 2016, 11:16 PM
I really like how well Avast protects my system, so i'd like to know if i can get it back.

Dragwind
Jan 5, 2016, 12:20 AM
I haven't had any issues using it on Windows 7.

Sandmind
Jan 5, 2016, 11:39 PM
I use the free version of Avast on Windows 7 also. I don't remember ever having an issue or if it did happen, it was easily solved.

A friend of mine who work in tech support did told me once than the paid version of avast tryed to handle too much stuff and worked less well as a result. Or something like that. It would be easier to get some hate sparks between paid avast and gameguard I guess?

Nyansan
Jan 5, 2016, 11:48 PM
I use avast on windows 7, never had any problems. Could just put your PSO2 on exceptions list and have it in silent/gaming mode

wefwq
Jan 6, 2016, 09:25 AM
avast user here, no problem at all so far.

Jigen
Jan 6, 2016, 05:35 PM
the scans bog down cpu? thats about all I can think of. Other then that Ive had no problems as well.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 7, 2016, 12:40 AM
Avast did an update a few months ago where if you tried playing pso2 it would bluescreen or instant crash the game/pc. Whether its fixed or not Im not sure since I moved on to something else for the time being

Youkai-Sama
Jan 8, 2016, 08:38 AM
That BlueScreen thing is precisely what I was talking about. Took a chance and re-installed Avast and all is well. Goody Gumdrops.