PDA

View Full Version : Invade Weapons

Youkai-Sama
Jan 8, 2016, 08:44 AM
So i was getting pretty stoked metagaming the Invade series of weps. Pre-grinded, 60% dark, "only" 100 crystals and cubes, nice set effect, SWEET. Then it hit me, SEGA is NOT that nice! So please, someone tell me what is wrong with them. Has to be something. =/

Flaoc
Jan 8, 2016, 08:53 AM
well the potential doesnt add damage and there is variance equal to a silva crafted wep (which isnt that noticable unless using teching classes which dont get invade for rod or talis) but otheer than that the weps are pretty decent for welfare

Bellion
Jan 8, 2016, 09:00 AM
You would be right to think that SEGA is NOT that nice.
A majority of 7* and above weapons have a range between 90-100% damage by default when weapons aren't extended. The exceptions would be red and blue weapons that have a different variance in damage when not extended, along with the Invade 13* weapons.

These exceptions use DEX between you and the enemy to calculate the damage variance. How much DEX above the enemy you need to hit that 90-100% variance can be found here: http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%AF%E3%83%A9%E3%83%95%E3%83%88%2F% E6%AD%A6%E8%A3%85%E3%82%A8%E3%82%AF%E3%82%B9%E3%83 %86%E3%83%B3%E3%83%89%E3%83%AC%E3%82%B7%E3%83%94 under the 最小攻撃力90%に必要な技量差 section. So, for example, you can be hitting between 2800-4000(70-100% made up as an example) damage with an Invade weapon in Ultimate but rares that have minimum damage variance caps by default would hit 3600-4000(90-100%) damage instead with the same stats.

kyoex
Jan 8, 2016, 02:43 PM
Its cheap and austere do way better

Hrith
Jan 10, 2016, 04:50 AM
A 60% Austere weapon has the same value as four Invade, at least. So if you play few classes, it's worth it, but if you play a lot of classes, four 13* > one of them.

TaigaUC
Jan 10, 2016, 05:31 AM
Invade weapons are strong if you have a lot of crit/dex/abi to make up for the damage variance.
They're still nowhere near as good as the top 13 stars, of course.

I use Double Saber, Katana and the Daggers should be good too. Particularly because of Fighter main critical skills.
I think the Double Saber is roughly equivalent to a 30 element no potential 13 star Double Cannon.
If I recall correctly, the Invade Katana is better than the 12 star Magatsu Katana, Rakuka.
I guess Bow is probably decent, seeing as how Braver has +Crit skills.
Hunter has Fury Stance critical skills, but I don't know if the Hunter weapons are worth getting.

If you can't get a better weapon, or are poor, and you have a ton of Caligula stones lying around, then by all means grab some Invade weapons.
Just make sure you have a decent amount of crit or dex/abi to make up for the downsides.

Flaoc
Jan 10, 2016, 06:43 AM
Invade weapons are strong if you have a lot of crit/dex/abi to make up for the damage variance.
They're still nowhere near as good as the top 13 stars, of course.

I use Double Saber, Katana and the Daggers should be good too. Particularly because of Fighter main critical skills.
I think the Double Saber is roughly equivalent to a 30 element no potential 13 star Double Cannon.
If I recall correctly, the Invade Katana is better than the 12 star Magatsu Katana, Rakuka.
I guess Bow is probably decent, seeing as how Braver has +Crit skills.
Hunter has Fury Stance critical skills, but I don't know if the Hunter weapons are worth getting.

If you can't get a better weapon, or are poor, and you have a ton of Caligula stones lying around, then by all means grab some Invade weapons.
Just make sure you have a decent amount of crit or dex/abi to make up for the downsides.

i think you mean 60 ele double cannon and the invade has more atk. but double cannon still a lot stronger due to potential (though id take meteor cudgel over both of those)

escarlata
Jan 10, 2016, 09:10 AM
TBH Invade is not even bad, with or without high dex/crit. I'm rmbr doing the numbers some time back for Fi and Ra weaps. Extrapolating the results, a 10600 Invade is about as strong as Xie 13*, and stronger than 10503 reds. On Fi main, a 10603 Invade even trumps empty PB gauge Ares.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 10, 2016, 09:18 PM
Invade is good until you get Austere or something to hold you off in the mean time. I don't recommend +40'ing or affixing it (unless you don't care and your settling for little)

TaigaUC
Jan 10, 2016, 09:49 PM
I probably got the element wrong then.
I've been told Double Cannon's potential isn't worth getting because of how expensive it makes PAs cost.