PDA

View Full Version : Can make an Invade and an Orbit. Which ones?

HeyItsTHK
Jan 18, 2016, 10:02 PM
So what's the hottest Invade and hottest Orbits to get? I play everything.

final_attack
Jan 18, 2016, 10:32 PM
I'm aiming for OrbitKunckle atm (yeah, would like to use Knuckle for mobbing too, along with bossing. Feels rewarding for me :D ) ...... using Rainbow-Species-Slayer-Pallete hinder that ^^;

Any Orbit is good atm, no? Maybe as utility weapon too (PP recovery when sheathed or increasing PP recovery when attacking, then switch to your highest damage offensive weapon).
Except for DB / Wand for utility, maybe? Since PP recovery seems to be really strong with those 2 weapons, so, if you have higher damage DB / Wand, maybe you can leave it.

Not sure for Invade ....... maybe sub-weapon for things if you don't have better weapon? :o

Rakurai
Jan 18, 2016, 10:45 PM
Is it really true that using a lobby action forces you to sheathe your weapon immediately?

That would really make the +200% PP regen rate on Orbit's first potential a lot more useful for tech weapons.

TaigaUC
Jan 18, 2016, 11:05 PM
Yes it's true. I do it all the time when I use Orbit.
Orbit in general is great for PP regen, as final_attack said.

Invade Double Saber, Katana and Twin Daggers are pretty great.
Mainly because Fighter has tons of +crit to nullify the damage variance.
Invade Knuckles aren't as great because they don't hit as often, meaning higher influence of bad damage variance.

I saw a player running around with an Invade Rod fully affixed with stuff like Noble, XQ affixes and element changed to ice.
I was told that the damage variance isn't great on Invade Rod though.

For the other Invade weapons, you should probably assume you will be upgrading to Austere.
I hear that Austere Rod, Dual Blades, etc are so strong that you don't even need one for each element.

HeyItsTHK
Jan 18, 2016, 11:59 PM
The only off beat 13 star knuckles I'd get is Skull, otherwise I'd just use the standards. Maybe I'll get an orbit of that.

Invade TD actually doesn't sound like a bad idea. Might go with that.

Flaoc
Jan 19, 2016, 12:06 AM
i wouldnt get invade twin dagger personally.. just get lavis for now also yes for rod and talis at least they are strong enough to not need copies (if u need another element ares it is)

TaigaUC
Jan 19, 2016, 12:27 AM
Lavis is great too.
Invade Twin Dagger if you have a ton of leftover stones and want to save money.

LonelyGaruga
Jan 19, 2016, 01:09 AM
Getting Invade weapons without the intention of trading them in for Austere is a waste. They're just slightly better than Red weapons, and to get enough Caligula to trade for one, you have to do PD a minimum of 17 times (assuming titles were expended already). It's a very poor use of resources.

Not to mention Lavis Blade is significantly better and reasonably easy to acquire with a Zieg CO and a 12* pass (which you get for free from titles).

TaigaUC
Jan 19, 2016, 02:59 AM
That's assuming you do AQs. I don't.
Also, I have ~400 Caligula stones on each account, and I've already traded for a few Invade weapons, so it's not like I couldn't trade for another one.

It really depends on what kind of stuff you have and what you're willing to do.
If you really don't want to spend money on a 12 star, don't have premium/12 star passes from titles, or don't want to farm the AQ CO 12 star, then Invade.
If you have an assload of Caligula like me, then it wouldn't hurt to get Invade.
Just be aware you'll need a few hundred Caligula to upgrade to Austere and/or max its element.
If you don't want to do PD for ages, don't get Invade.
There are titles with stone rewards for beating PD, up until around 30? runs. I forget how many stones. Maybe 50 total.

If you don't want to do any of the above, just get a Red weapon.
Or if you're patient, just wait for episode 4 and see what happens to the game.

Note that you won't be able to sell Invade or any 12 star weapons you buy from player shop.

To be honest, I only got Invade Twin Daggers on one of my accounts.
The other two have Dagger of Seraphy, which is supposed to be better than Lavis Blade.

Oh yeah, and obviously don't invest a ton of whatever into Twin Daggers if you don't really use them much.

LonelyGaruga
Jan 19, 2016, 03:17 AM
400 Caligula is enough for one 60 element Austere without 5%s. That's not actually much, and certainly not enough to be wasteful with them for an Invade weapon. Again, barely better than Red, so why not get a Red weapon instead?

Dagger of Seraphy are also not actually better than Lavis Blade, it depends on how much S-ATK you have. They're basically equal. It's fine to use them if you do have them already, but Lavis Blade is in practice easier to acquire. Provided you run AQs, which you're kind of at fault for not doing.

Macmaxi
Jan 19, 2016, 11:46 AM
Saying that lavis is better than austere is not entirely true. The more accurate answer is "it depends" and to that very specific on the fact whether you are attacking in brave or wise.

@around 1550 base s-atk /w maxed out Brave and Wise Fi build (lavis has ult buster)

http://i.imgur.com/I8WQWsd.jpg

aus combined median value: 212249
lavis combined median value: 193672
seraphy combined median value: 203121

This number only applies to an equal use of brave and wise (which is not the case in the game right now). Yet it stands out to be mentioned that you only lose slightly in damage if you go from lavis > aus if you are in brave but gain a huge bonus if you are in wise (if it wasn't obvious).

What's also to mention with the rate of seraphy drops, you can very easily only buy 1 austere dagger and do the 30 element yourself even without spending any money. It requires you to participate in guruguru (badges) and other things, such as ult (anga stones) and td4 (double for seraphy).

Seraphy is the easiest to get, i could make 3 60 element seraphys right now. Lavis is even easier if you are premium.

Rakurai
Jan 19, 2016, 01:48 PM
I feel like I have bad luck to have never gotten a single Dagger of Seraphy after some 200+ Double kills with 350% RDR active.

Flaoc
Jan 19, 2016, 03:34 PM
ideal is probably the best one difficulty vs performance to get (besides lavis being easier to get with passes) but id still like to see it added to the above damage calc

Macmaxi
Jan 19, 2016, 05:31 PM
ideal is somewhat of a big time investment considering 540k miles take a while.

http://i.imgur.com/cHtKP6t.jpg

LonelyGaruga
Jan 19, 2016, 06:00 PM
Saying that lavis is better than austere is not entirely true. The more accurate answer is "it depends" and to that very specific on the fact whether you are attacking in brave or wise.

Better than Invade, not Austere. Lavis Blade will never out-damage Austere unless you have Ultimate Buster and are attacking a target compatible with it.

btw you don't need premium for Lavis Blade, you can get 3 12* passes from titles on top of the Lavis Blade from Zieg's CO.

Macmaxi
Jan 19, 2016, 06:31 PM
Oh, right this was about Invade. Yeah Invade gives 25% crit which is as main fighter about 3,75% increase in damage and a bit more cause it negates variance but it's hard to figure out and doesn't reach other potentials by a long shot.

TaigaUC
Jan 19, 2016, 09:13 PM
Yeah because all of the other potentials are damage multipliers.
Invade just has a high base damage.

If you haven't gotten an Ideal weapon yet, you can aim for the units (do CM2 about 20 times to get the titles with mile rewards) and then do Zieg's order for the free miles.
IIRC that'll be enough to get you a 20 element Ideal weapon.

Flaoc
Jan 19, 2016, 11:00 PM
with that said the actual ideal units are pretty damn meh.. best off joining the saiki master race (austere units are most defo not worth the effort either) the zieg order for showing him is basically spend 60k to get the full set then he gives you 120k miles.

mr.chills
Jan 20, 2016, 02:03 AM
i like the idea of having an orbit wep with leg unit and rear and arm be austere units. some fillers for austere units can be crafted tian/gwanman set, gloam set, guranz set etc, not much for t-atk tho :(

for classes that use 3+ weps regularly tho like fi/hu, fo/te, te/x and prolly few others i cant think of, its better to stick to saiki since losing orbit wep/leg bonus or any other 2nd set bonus due to constant switching would put crafted saiki clearly on top

i personally jumped the gun when orbit was coming out and got austere tmg instead of rifle for my gu/ra since i just finished skull rifle at the time. but now i kinda wish i got austere rifle and orbit tmg/leg instead.

overall tho i dont think austere units are bad at all if you dont need orbit weps and/or can spare some torana stones and also play a class combo that doesnt switch weps too often to keep the secondary set bonus. they give some burly resists and defenses which are nice for a glass cannon like gu/ra, sometimes letting me get hit without losing perfect keeper right away, but i play mostly gu/ra these days on 1 char so i can splurge it all on one build.

some invade(eventually austere) and orbit combos i like:
-br/hu with invade(later austere) katana and orbit bow with austere rear+arm+orbit leg
-ra/hu with invade(later austere) rifle and orbit chair with austere rear+arm+orbit leg
-gu/ra with invade(later austere) rifle and orbit tmg with austere rear+arm+orbit leg
-fi/hu with gal and cudgel ds, invade(later austere) dagger and orbit knuckle with crafted saiki
-fo/te with invade(austere) light rod, orbit talis +other fo/te weps i dunno about with crafted saiki
-bo/hu with both invade(austere) and orbit db's? not sure about bo/hu gear needs, maybe someone else can clarify
-te/br with assorted wands with both invade and orbit wands(apparently zanverse doesn't get boosted by orbit's 13% power? so yeah probably not light or wind element), rika bow, katana and crafted saiki
-te/hu with same wands but trade bow for red, noya or psoES 12* pzans with dragon ex hp set
-hu/fi with orbit sword, invade(austere) pzan, gal wl? if you use mainly sword then just go orbit leg for extra 50 atk and use guranz units since they are cheap, but dont give much pp and sword wont need much pp anyways.
basically the more weps you switch in and out of, the better crafted saiki becomes over others and ovbiously if you already have a badass saiki set affixed and crafted then yes, dont bother for that class

also beware that a good deal of new 13* with class tailored pots and apparently some new units are coming in ep4 very soon + rings and new skills, so perhaps these weps aren't going to be top tier for long, who knows. im just gonna finish my austere gu/ra units and leave it as is and try something new from scratch when all the new stuff comes out

TaigaUC
Jan 20, 2016, 02:07 AM
Side note for if you want to get the Orbit leg:
The only rear+arm units with a set bonus are the Austere/Invade and Granzo? (Ultimate giant robot guy) units.

Achelousaurus
Jan 20, 2016, 03:04 AM
What's also to mention with the rate of seraphy drops, you can very easily only buy 1 austere dagger and do the 30 element yourself even without spending any money. It requires you to participate in guruguru (badges) and other things, such as ult (anga stones) and td4 (double for seraphy).
No / 10
No one in the whole fuckign world will get 30x the same 13* weapon type easier than just getting a 2nd austere.
Austere is a bitch to farm but nothing compared to 30 times the same weapon type.

Did I miss something? Are austere weapons "immune" to ultimate buster?

also beware that a good deal of new 13* with class tailored pots and apparently some new units are coming in ep4 very soon + rings and new skills, so perhaps these weps aren't going to be top tier for long, who knows. im just gonna finish my austere gu/ra units and leave it as is and try something new from scratch when all the new stuff comes out
Yeah, that's the main reason I haven't really lifted a finger yet (but somehow I still ended up close to 60 element austere). Especially since Sega is dragging out ep 4 stuff and not releasing a bunch of it at once they need to fill the holes with new gear.

And after 13* novelty has well and truly worn off, it should hopefull be time for those class tailored potentials.
Hell, next tier potentials are more than overdue. We have barely a handful of them and they are incredibly easy for Sega to implement but would provide very good boosts.
Except elemental damage boost. That shouldn't get next tier until 14* are out or something cause they are already more than op.

LonelyGaruga
Jan 20, 2016, 03:06 AM
Did I miss something? Are austere weapons "immune" to ultimate buster?

Ultimate Buster can only be affixed to 1-12* weapons.

Achelousaurus
Jan 20, 2016, 03:16 AM
Oh. Also, lol, Sega.

TaigaUC
Jan 20, 2016, 03:57 AM
When did they reveal the class tailored potential 13 stars?
I must have missed it.

mr.chills
Jan 20, 2016, 04:08 AM
this is what my friend pasted to me over skype and ill ask about the source:

13-star pots:
Quartz series (talis, wand, boots) - Increased PP regen on attack, plus damage bonus when above 30% PP
Earth?/realistic series (TMG, dagger, katana) - 6% damage increase, plus an additional 10% damage increase on criticals
Seiga series (sword, launcher) - HP regeneration over time, plus 11% damage increase

i should have clarified that i was being liberal with the term "class-tailored pots." its more like "pots that fit within that class so well that they can overshadow current class equivalents" or something like that

Macmaxi
Jan 20, 2016, 08:14 AM
Well if the grind isn't worth for you, then there is no reason, but in the case of dagger you got plenty of resources already starting from christmas eq, ult runs and td4. One team member had austere to 50 element right when he bought it.

LonelyGaruga
Jan 20, 2016, 01:39 PM
this is what my friend pasted to me over skype and ill ask about the source:

13-star pots:
Quartz series (talis, wand, boots) - Increased PP regen on attack, plus damage bonus when above 30% PP
Earth?/realistic series (TMG, dagger, katana) - 6% damage increase, plus an additional 10% damage increase on criticals
Seiga series (sword, launcher) - HP regeneration over time, plus 11% damage increase

Think it was the livestream that confirmed the potentials, though still need numbers on the first series. I'm not sure the "Quartz" series is actually Quartz, because Quartz is spelled クオーツ, and this weapon series is クオツ, though there's a number of times where there's multiple ways to write a word in katakana, and this could be one of them.

The Earth/realistic series is supposed to be military themed.

Bellion
Jan 20, 2016, 03:22 PM
That source may have been from what Aine posted, and according to another poster the so called Earth series may actually be 6% damage increase on weakpoints + 10% on criticals.

The series is most likely Quartz, but maybe in a different language or something, yay. :- )

LonelyGaruga
Jan 20, 2016, 03:24 PM
Oh I missed that it read damage and not weak points.

It is actually weak points, there's a page covering the livestream that says as much. Forgot where I found it though, can't find it. Link to it was on this site at least. That site's also where the weapon series is referred to as military themed.

EDIT: I ran quartz through every language in Google Translate and didn't get anything that resembled クオツ. Almost everything has an r that simply isn't present in this, and those that don't are completely different words.

HeyItsTHK
Jan 21, 2016, 12:45 AM
Oops orbit knuckles fell in my lap. So which potential? I figure the 2nd one where you have pp regen with them unsheathed.

Achelousaurus
Jan 21, 2016, 11:25 AM
As good as orbit pot1 is for cheesing with weapon swap or la sheathing, orbit pot 2 (no natural pp recovery, 60% boost for attack pp recovery) REALLY pisses me off.

Cause they are 13*, Sega is now selling is us weak and crappy versions of existing potentials.

There are a bunch of 12* with Spirit Radiance, simple 80% attack pp refill boost without any disadvantages.
But cause Orbit are new and shiny and 13*, Sega is just adding bs restrictions on it and making it weaker.

We are still at the stage where 13* are so new and shiny that Sega is giving them crappy or mediocre potentials just cause they can.

Macmaxi
Jan 21, 2016, 01:40 PM
Oops orbit knuckles fell in my lap. So which potential? I figure the 2nd one where you have pp regen with them unsheathed.

3rd lmb gives 32pp in lb with pot1

Tunga
Jan 21, 2016, 01:46 PM
As good as orbit pot1 is for cheesing with weapon swap or la sheathing, orbit pot 2 (no natural pp recovery, 60% boost for attack pp recovery) REALLY pisses me off.

Cause they are 13*, Sega is now selling is us weak and crappy versions of existing potentials.

There are a bunch of 12* with Spirit Radiance, simple 80% attack pp refill boost without any disadvantages.
But cause Orbit are new and shiny and 13*, Sega is just adding bs restrictions on it and making it weaker.

We are still at the stage where 13* are so new and shiny that Sega is giving them crappy or mediocre potentials just cause they can.

If orbit had natural pp regen with potential 1(13% dmg) it would make austere irrelevant and would just be blatantly OP. Just imagine orbit talis with natural pp regen and super treatment at will.

HeyItsTHK
Jan 21, 2016, 08:43 PM
3rd lmb gives 32pp in lb with pot1

Hot dang

I need more lambdas

Achelousaurus
Jan 24, 2016, 03:13 PM
When did they reveal the class tailored potential 13 stars?
I must have missed it.
They didn't. It's just expected. It makes sense but of course knowing Sega they could just stick to One Potential To Fit them All.

Hello.

pastebin.com/YZ9xxHrA
o.O
You had that many lying around? Cause I can't imagine farming them would have been as easy as farming a 2nd austere.

Crits on Katana are no more common than for most weapons and thus pointless ._.
Fi got critical strike and gunner got tmg mastery for higher crits.
HP regen + damage boost on a sword sounds awesome though.

LonelyGaruga
Jan 24, 2016, 03:19 PM
Katana Gear is a 50% crit boost so katana actually get the highest critical rates. Though that potential still sucks, because it's weak points and not an overall damage increase like stated.

クオツ = quotsu. クォーツ (ō) is what's used for Quartz Dragon.