PDA

View Full Version : Too many moaners...things worse on DC!

zimmk2vgc
Apr 25, 2003, 04:22 PM
People on Xbox and GC should count item hacking as the least of their worries. Back on DC, "Nolling" was the worst thing ever. Remember that mission with Nol? Well, using hacking, you could hack other people's char into NOl and other chars like her. When that starts happening on Xbox and GC then you will have every right to moan!

RubyEclipse
Apr 25, 2003, 04:45 PM
I hear ya, zimmk. It's almost funny to look back at all the things that were on DC, and then look here to see people complaining about dupes. I would say that I would rather have dupes anyday than NOL, CK, and all the other stuff there was on DC. And for all you who think lobby fsod is bad now, on DC people could fsod lobbies themselves.

It is sad to see both GC and XBOX versions with duping and hacking already, but so far, no game in the PSO series has ever eluded hacking. So let's look at some positive things rather than negative, and thank god that as of yet, "NOL", isn't on GC or PSOX.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RubyEclipse on 2003-04-25 14:46 ]</font>

Orange_Coconut
Apr 25, 2003, 04:59 PM
What exactly is Nolling? I don't get what it stands for.

MORB
Apr 25, 2003, 07:27 PM
The fact that something worse existed doesn't make the current cheats acceptable.

Belmont
Apr 25, 2003, 08:56 PM
i agree there are to many moaners cause i have had psox sence the day it came avaible! and have spent hours on it each day http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif and have seen no hacks what so ever all i have seen is pictures that could have been edited on photoshop or it could be a offline thing most of this people have not even seen the so called "Hacks" my opinion if you havnt seen or done it dont talk about it noobs

Ryo_Hayasa
Apr 25, 2003, 09:06 PM
On 2003-04-25 14:59, Orange_Coconut wrote:
What exactly is Nolling? I don't get what it stands for.

the use of a Hack modderation of DC of Disk or Cheat device to hack into your very character change them into well
a chaacter that you meet on the quest.

NOL, Kireek etc etc people have been turned into Sonic, Red ring Rico.
also this is devestating. your character would be warped back to lvl 5 or lvl 155 and be the same character. for example
99 and down turned into nol: lvl 5 HUnewearl no mag looking exactly like NOL
+100: 155 same effect.

i personally think this will not happen to GC and XBOX: because cheat devices won't happen, of course i think people will modderate their GC/XBOX

let us pray. "this won't happen"

zimmk2vgc
Apr 26, 2003, 04:01 PM
Lets just hope its not a matter of time before NOL and co return...

Reenee
Apr 26, 2003, 04:21 PM
I heard Barubary say that Nolling is not possible on Gamecube PSO.

Mystil
Apr 28, 2003, 12:41 PM
On 2003-04-25 14:22, zimmk2vgc wrote:
People on Xbox and GC should count item hacking as the least of their worries. Back on DC, "Nolling" was the worst thing ever. Remember that mission with Nol? Well, using hacking, you could hack other people's char into NOl and other chars like her. When that starts happening on Xbox and GC then you will have every right to moan!

Thank you.

All the complaints about duping. Duping doesn't NOL people and kill them. And if NOLing starts, I'll quit.

zimmk2vgc
Apr 28, 2003, 01:32 PM
Just count yourself lucky that duping is the main type of hacking at da mo. I had a saying during DC pso and it went like this:

Where theres a game, there's a hacker.
Where there's a hacker, there's a way.
Where there's a way, there's a Nol.

If/When Action Replays are released, people WILL start looking for a way to NOL again. But I have a theory. If one of chars is Nolled, then the save will be corrupted, after all that is what Nolling is, corrupting the data. But wheather or not the GC will pick this up I don't know. All I can say is be careful of playing online. Where there is good, there is bad.

MORB
Apr 28, 2003, 04:45 PM
Hmmm...

I'd rather say:

"Where it's possible to cheat by design, there will be a way, and thus there will be cheaters"

That's why even dupes are inacceptable, because it could be impossible to do by design (ie server side saves)

nd NOLing was possible on DC partly because it used a peer-to-peer protocol (instead of full client/server), and partly because of network code performing very few checks in regard to the validity of incoming commands in network packets, so we can believe that they fixed it.

Only downside is that they could perfectly have let some bugs slip in the network code, that hackers could find and exploit again - if the game was full client/server, they could patch the server without problem in that case, but they probably have only limited/inexistant abilities of patching the client code (ie the program that run on people consoles)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MORB on 2003-04-28 14:53 ]</font>

malinko
Apr 29, 2003, 09:35 PM
Just because DC had worse stuff does not give ST the excuse to let it continue. Duping WAS NOT intended to be in the game, and people have every right to whine about something they are paying for.

faceless
Apr 30, 2003, 04:12 PM
that should be one of the bullet points they put on the box...

* Episode II, A Whole New Story!
* New Characters, Items & Levels!
* Less Cheating Than On DreamCast!