PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else find bns extremely disappointing?

infiniteeverlasting
Jan 23, 2016, 05:36 PM
Holy crap the hype was basically for nothing.

I already knew months ago that it would be shit from trying it on the asian servers but i'm just appalled that there are people who still think the combat is actually good?

The only people who think bns lived up to the hype have probably been in the mmo tab targeting hell hole their whole life.

blace
Jan 23, 2016, 06:08 PM
I haven't kept up with in the years long absence. How long has it been exactly? I had every intention to try out whenever it would be localized but that took far too long.

All I recall was that it would be more dynamic than what was available back then, translating it to now where there are others that use a more refined process and gameplay would leave it feeling outdated.

Kondibon
Jan 23, 2016, 06:10 PM
Don't you complain about EVERYTHING? ._.

I like it, I find it comfortable and straight forward. I guess I just have low standards though.

Nitro Vordex
Jan 23, 2016, 06:32 PM
I like that I can punch things. And it's not a 50 level tutorial like FFXIV is.

That being said, it's still pretty generic.

landman
Jan 23, 2016, 07:25 PM
I'm enjoying it so far, but, the main reason I do MMO is to run around interesting worlds, having a good enough combat system and story is a nice extra.

Kondibon
Jan 23, 2016, 08:17 PM
I'm enjoying it so far, but, the main reason I do MMO is to run around interesting worlds, having a good enough combat system and story is a nice extra.The main reason I do mmos is animal eared lolis and I got what I came for, so I'm satisfied.
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/Cx2RgCN.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Xefi
Jan 23, 2016, 08:44 PM
^ god damn she's TINY...lol.

---------------------------

game is alright when i can actually log in to play. started a character on Juwol on launch day
and next day it was HORROR. then they added some more servers and i started over on Duchon.
got instant queue in and "YAY!"

was playing my Destroyer (cause AXE is cool) and eating a dumpling in a dungeon and then "BOOM!"
i guess their servers die...lol.

BnS probably will last me a month or 2 or 3 until a better MMO comes
out. it's FREE, so i really don't have much to complain. TERA was getting old for me and i needed
a new game to play anyways. i like the game's graphics, the combat is kinda fun and story seems
to be decent so far. i'll get to max level and explore the end game to see if it's worth staying or
not later. i doubt i'll be putting in like 2000+ hrs. like i did in TERA for this game. but at most, i can
say that this game is at least worth a try till you get to max level. the side quests can be a chore
though...i mostly fell asleep during some of them. the main quest is fine. and one more thing i like
about this game, it has A LOT of cool looking costumes. :D

P.S.: them blue quests make me sleepy (i mention this already right? yeah, it's boring as hell). and having a bunch of people hogging enemies
doesn't make it any better...switching channels help a TINY TINY bits...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. :\

Kondibon
Jan 23, 2016, 08:56 PM
Oh right, I forgot to mention the other thing I like about the game. Specifically about playing summoner
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/gesTZeO.gif[/spoiler-box]

BIG OLAF
Jan 23, 2016, 09:46 PM
It's okay. The characters are sexy (except those animal loli things, obviously), so I'm contented. The only thing that really irritates me is that I don't know how to use the camera for screenshots yet.

But, yeah, it's standard MMO fare. Go to x world area, do all quests at first base camp, go to second base camp, do all quests there, go to third base camp, do all quests there, go to next world area, repeat.

Also, I agree that the combat isn't anything special. I actually find it a bit clunky, but I was probably spoiled by TERA's awesome [for a F2P MMO] combat on that front.

I'll stick with it for a good bit, though. No reason not to.

blace
Jan 24, 2016, 06:44 AM
Started it up and saw that it is frankly a bit of a mess. Clipping issues, audio not playing, music is too loud during cutscenes, player characters popping in and out of existence when fighting enemies. The last one is probably just on my end, but it didn't look like it aged too well when they localized it.

I was under initial impression it would be more seamless and more action oriented, I'd have to agree that TERA executed this much better. I also felt out of place having a male character amidst a bunch of oddly disproportionate women with extremely tiny heads and large thighs. Well, there was only one person running around as such, but still it felt odd.

Also noticed that a lot of people had issues trying to boot the game up throughout the day on various sites and social networks, good to see that it's somewhat stable. It's also a shame that gold spam bots have dominated the region chat and party finder chats.

Xefi
Jan 25, 2016, 05:48 PM
actually the only thing i'm disappointed in this game so far is this...*screenshot not mine* but you get the idea. -o-
[spoiler-box]http://oi63.tinypic.com/b714pf.jpg[/spoiler-box]

----------------------------

i'm only level 15 so far. mostly cause i got dc'ed or waiting in queue. the game also
lag like fu*king chicken poops. also, i kind of felt out of place in a party of 4 lolis. my character
isn't that tall, but being around them makes me look like a giant person instead.

i made a Gon female since they're the only race with Destroyer class. i might try out the blade
master next since i saw video of their running animation. looks really COOL, dawg. :]

blace
Jan 25, 2016, 06:10 PM
The spam bots have really taken off in this game, and I guess the lag wasn't just on my end if you're getting DCed every so often.

Xefi
Jan 25, 2016, 06:38 PM
i read somewhere that you can help increase the FPS in this game if you have nvidia graphic card.
i did that method and it does helps with the FPS strangely.

went to nvidia graphic setting and add the desktop shortcut of BnS. turn on triple buffering and v-sync (i also turn on fxaa if that matters).
i get constant 40-60 FPS in-game. if i turned down shadow level to 1-2, i get around 55-60 FPS easily in town and places...maybe dungeons too. (haven't try)

--------------------------------------

and...they added two more new hamsters if anyone want to start fresh again without having to worry
about queue for while. but you'll probably still run into gold spam bots like DONKEY KONG, good luck! -o-
https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/155117-new-na-servers-taywong-onmyung/

NA Servers:
Taywong
Onmyung

landman
Jan 25, 2016, 07:06 PM
I haven't noticed the spam in the chat, the first thing I did was deactivate all chats and let only npc, party and whisper appear in the general chat.

And for lag and logging queues, I've been playing on mornings so no problem at all lol I usually have a ping of 40 to the Frankfurt servers.

Xefi
Jan 25, 2016, 07:48 PM
^ yeah, probably have to do that as well. i was hoping to see some comedy or people
going stupid over global chat, but seeing nothing but gold spammers, i guess i'll just
turn it off. -o-

i usually play around 6 p.m. at night cause of work. and...during that time is when there are
lots of people on, bummers! :]

if you/they can get the game to run smoothly, the graphics look VERY gorgeous actually. i often
time stop and look around to see the environments cause they look so pretty and then proceed
on smashing sh*ts to poop. :burger: