PDA

View Full Version : My Complaint About Ship 2

Noko
Jan 25, 2016, 12:26 PM
AFFIX YOUR SHIT
YOU LAZY FUCKS
I SWEAR TO GOD IF I SEE ANOTHER PLAYER USING 60- ATK UNITS WHILE USING OVER 100M IN COSMETICS I'LL WISPER HIM UNSPEAKABLE THINGS LIKE にわのにわにはにわにわとりにわかにわにをたべた

YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO AFFIX?
IT'S A WORK IN PROGRESS, OK.

Dammy
Jan 25, 2016, 12:28 PM
TRIGGERED :D

KLMS1
Jan 25, 2016, 12:37 PM
I SWEAR TO GOD IF I SEE ANOTHER PLAYER USING 60- ATK UNITS WHILE USING OVER 100M IN COSMETICS I'LL WISPER HIM UNSPEAKABLE THINGS LIKE にわのにわにはにわにわとりにわかにわにをたべた

O///O
...promise?

Magicks
Jan 25, 2016, 12:39 PM
inb4 unless you have +150 atk ur trash

Shunx
Jan 25, 2016, 12:40 PM
I like my 60/7 units thank.

Reminds me of last night where this guy kicked someone from his party(I was in) because he didn't have a 13* weapon.

Z-0
Jan 25, 2016, 12:42 PM
idk, it's ridiculously cheap to go past 60 attack now, there's really no reason you shouldn't, even if you do want to save all your meseta to get most things from the AC scratches.

Nitro Vordex
Jan 25, 2016, 01:17 PM
All this time you're getting mad, you could spend it getting guud.

gabor100
Jan 25, 2016, 01:31 PM
Phew, thank god i'm not using 60 atk units. Just the MB units with 15.

Rupikachu
Jan 25, 2016, 01:42 PM
I google translated that....it says.

We ate the chicken Haniwa suddenly crocodile in Niwano garden

Wait what?

[spoiler-box] Suddenly crocodile? O__o https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3115520/And%2Bsuddenly%2Bcrocodile%2B_5dfb33b44aabbe5dcef0 8520b81e32c8.png[/spoiler-box]

Also whats bad with halfgrinded noncrafted 6* equip

Noko
Jan 25, 2016, 01:51 PM
You know what else is triggering? IDEAL UNITS
Why, why, WHY so many people downslot them to four, or even three slots.
It is even more mind boggling when they downslot and still affix spirita and/or stamina.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 25, 2016, 02:03 PM
Your basically shit if your:
1. Using your new random affix weapon +8, never touched for months
2. Using Ideal units +7 (on top of that you never affix them either)
3. Not shooting for at least a Minimum of 100 atk (its not expensive to do either)
4. Wearing the Blue Feather units at +7-9 in XH EQ's and UQ's
5. Wearing Hiei Units Ex2 and thats it, absolute ass Defense and you complaining bosses are too hard because your getting one-shotted
7. You only leveled one class in this game and have no sub because you think your good but your bad
8. Getting a 10/11* weapon at +10 and Extending it to Lv2 for no reason
9. Playing any non-viable class such as BR/FO cuz mah playstyle (non viable as in complete and total useless)
10. +40 Invade Weapon 150/175 Atk Affix

This is why people stick to playing with their own team, you don't have to deal with these people

RibbonSoft
Jan 25, 2016, 02:14 PM
I feel like I just stepped into 4chan with this thread. lmao

JCry
Jan 25, 2016, 02:19 PM
-snip-
then go. I've got my own reasons as to why I dislike ship 2 but im not making redundant threads about it. I'm considering moving myself. look into it, its better than ranting about it considering most of the people here have heard it a million times already.

Raujinn
Jan 25, 2016, 02:25 PM
I too wish I was a part of the JP master race, they're never bad. U_U

ArcaneTechs
Jan 25, 2016, 02:27 PM
I too wish I was a part of the JP master race, they're never bad. U_U
Oh some JP are just as bad as Eng players you just haven't seen them yet (unless your being sarcastic)

Noko
Jan 25, 2016, 02:37 PM
Go WHERE, exactly? I've already played in ships 1,2,3,4,5,8 and 10, and they are were the SAME (granted, I avoid English speaking players ingame as much as possible, so I don't know how well you'd do if b01 is your thing). I guarantee you that the "come to ship x, where y don't happen" thing is pure bullcrap. I'm settled on 2 because I don't want to move my full 7 storage elsewhere where people are just as idiotic and I have nowhere to rant comfortably in English.

7. You only leveled one class in this game and have no sub because you think your good but your bad
10. +40 Invade Weapon 150/175 Atk Affix
I still haven't seen these, maybe they can't get in the blocks I usually play. I should inspect people more often.

Tunga
Jan 25, 2016, 02:41 PM
11. Can't tell the difference between "your" and "you're".

Rupikachu
Jan 25, 2016, 02:47 PM
*Has played in all ships with japanese people*
*Same issue everywhere*
*Complains bout Ship 2*

*rolleyes.jpg*

Noko
Jan 25, 2016, 02:51 PM
What's wrong with complaining about the ship I play on? It'd be weird if I were complaining about a ship I don't play on.

isCasted
Jan 25, 2016, 02:55 PM
Let me see if I got this right: you think 25-30 million per unit is cheap? Because fuck me if it is. I'm not even spending much money on cosmetics - new gear takes away really a lot, because I play many classes and always want to try new stuff.

I'm doing all daily and weekly stuff, ocassionally selling things in shop, and I can't sustain a bank with over 120 million for a long time. I've been asking around for various methods of getting money, but all of them rely on luck too much.

I'd want to not be a non-scrub, but this game just doesn't want to give me opportunities. Maybe you can tell me something?

TaigaUC
Jan 25, 2016, 02:56 PM
I think I have 75-90 on my units. Doing that usually costs me about 4m for all three units, 4 slot. I'm probably not doing it properly.
It's not just the units anyway. i'm sure a ton of people have really terrible skill trees.
Their mags are probably screwed up too.

And there still seems to be a lot of people running around with 7-9 star non-extended non-grinded non-affixed rare weapons/units.
At level 70+.

If you're talking about people sucking at TD3/4, that's because they have tunnel vision and don't pay attention to the map.
Sometimes I look at the map and see 11 people gathered in one place. People keep ignoring Damoths too.
I try to take out the Exoda during waves 3 and 4, but in PUGs there's almost always one side's Exodas that gets ignored.
And most people don't seem to know how to use AIS. Or they refuse to.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 25, 2016, 03:01 PM
11. Can't tell the difference between "your" and "you're".
special needs has to point out the typo I made, your inner autism made you reply to my post gj 5 FUN get

Let me see if I got this right: you think 25-30 million per unit is cheap? Because fuck me if it is. I'm not even spending much money on cosmetics - new gear takes away really a lot, because I play many classes and always want to try new stuff.

If you knew how to affix your own gear properly you can avoid over spending on people's pre-affixed gear but you know, there are people who refuse to learn and would rather just pay 75mill for 100 atk units and whatnot something you basically could have done yourself with 75mill with 150 atks units if you play the market right

Dammy
Jan 25, 2016, 03:02 PM
i have 60 and 85 atk units FeelsGoodMan

Nitro Vordex
Jan 25, 2016, 03:04 PM
You could also help them instead of bitching about it on the forums where everyone is going to tell you to stop bitching on the forums.

yoshiblue
Jan 25, 2016, 03:05 PM
But then you'll get the "They won't listen because they don't really want to improve," response.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 25, 2016, 03:05 PM
You could also help them instead of bitching about it on the forums where everyone is going to tell you to stop bitching on the forums.
We've gone the whole "help them instead of yell at them" phase, people don't learn and they instantly get offended because they feel you're telling them how to play the game

Zanverse
Jan 25, 2016, 03:13 PM
Frankly I find it almost retarded to spend millions upon millions of meseta just on affixing weapons/units, and it's even more ridiculous because affixing is based on luck. I'm totally fine with my +60 - +75 ATK weapon affixes, and I'm even more grateful for my un-affixed Ideal Units, because even though I can't go over 2700 S-ATK, it's still enough for me to survive Elder and Loser on my own. Having amazing affixes is definitely a good thing, but it really doesn't make you an amazing player.

Noko
Jan 25, 2016, 03:14 PM
I'd want to not be a non-scrub, but this game just doesn't want to give me opportunities. Maybe you can tell me something?
It's really cheap to go soul/stat4/mod/boost, and that's like less than 10m per unit. The tutorial in the OP is for who wants to actually put some effort and dedication in it.
It's okay to have budget gear, things only get wrong when you're using gear with early ep2 stats while wearing a hundred times worth of your gear in cosmetics.

Aine
Jan 25, 2016, 03:17 PM
9. Playing any non-viable class such as BR/FO cuz mah playstyle (non viable as in complete and total useless)

BrFo is actually broken as fuck in TAs because of Orbit teching and basically free movement with Bex Daguna

Sp-24
Jan 25, 2016, 03:17 PM
Frankly I find it almost retarded to spend millions upon millions of meseta just on affixing weapons/units, and it's even more ridiculous because affixing is based on luck. I'm totally fine with my +60 - +75 ATK weapon affixes, and I'm even more grateful for my un-affixed Ideal Units, because even though I can't go over 2700 S-ATK, it's still enough for me to survive Elder and Loser on my own. Having amazing affixes is definitely a good thing, but it really doesn't make you an amazing player.
Affixing is based on your resources rather than luck if you choose to approach it properly. That said, it takes a hell of a lot of resources to cook up something good.

And then you have somebody like OP, expecting everyone to slap Noble on everything they have. Why doesn't that guide have a price estimate, anyway?

Noko
Jan 25, 2016, 03:18 PM

2700 is ridiculously low for the current meta. If I joined a team i'd be with about twice that on campship.
Not everyone with great gear are amazing players, but all amazing players have good gear.

Flaoc
Jan 25, 2016, 03:24 PM
tbh the difference between a 145-155 atk set and a 115-125 atk set is actually pretty small (has multiple of said 5x 145-155 atk range stuff) quite honestly thinking about it for a future set that beats saiki (yea right) id probably just do the 120 atk and then load up on pp or something

It's really cheap to go soul/stat4/mod/boost, and that's like less than 10m per unit. The tutorial in the OP is for who wants to actually put some effort and dedication in it.

well stat 4 vs stat 3 only gives 5 more atk and honestly you wouldnt notice the difference and stat 3 is significantly easier to make swag value isnt really that important what matters is actual performance vs costs unless you are super rich like jack.

gabor100
Jan 25, 2016, 03:24 PM
It's okay to have budget gear, things only get wrong when you're using gear with early ep2 stats while wearing a hundred times worth of your gear in cosmetics.

I downloaded your tutorial but i have a problem, i don't have enought inventory space for 27 modulators.

Can u help me?

ArcaneTechs
Jan 25, 2016, 03:26 PM
BrFo is actually broken as fuck in TAs because of Orbit teching and basically free movement with Bex Daguna
End Game Content>TA's

untrustful
Jan 25, 2016, 03:27 PM
how do I guarantee atk past 60 affix?

Sp-24
Jan 25, 2016, 03:28 PM
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/pa67iqI.png[/spoiler-box]
So, joke thread? Are are we talking about the meta staple, Noble Stamina?

Zanverse
Jan 25, 2016, 03:29 PM
Affixing is based on your resources rather than luck if you choose to approach it properly. That said, it takes a hell of a lot of resources to cook up something good.

And then you have somebody like OP, expecting everyone to slap Noble on everything they have. Why doesn't that guide have a price estimate, anyway?

Well, I seriously don't have enough meseta to be buying Noble/mod/etc. and ability boosts and all that jazz. Call me cheap, but I seriously don't think it's THAT necessary if I'm already content with my simple Leone Soul/Power III/Stamina III affix, for example.

2700 is ridiculously low for the current meta. If I joined a team i'd be with about twice that on campship.
Not everyone with great gear are amazing players, but all amazing players have good gear.

Yeah, I've realized that 2.7k isn't good. I have no idea what exactly I'm doing wrong, aside from not having crazy affixes, but maybe it's because my subclass hasn't reached 75 yet.

I don't really strive to become an amazing player, but if I had the meseta and time to work up to that title, I would.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 25, 2016, 03:30 PM
You affix and use 30% or 40%, w/e you feel is safer (but be smart about it)

Soul/Atk4/Mod/Fever/Boost is easy to do; 110 atk or w/e +6pp, cheap to do.
Soul/Atk4/Alter-Flict/Fever or Boost etc

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/pa67iqI.png[/spoiler-box]
You don't necessarily need to go for noble if your short on cash but really, save your meseta cuz this sounds like a poor persons problem if they can't save or learn to find where the meseta is. Get mad or w/e but hey, maybe 20mill on that hairstyle could have been better spent :wacko:

Flaoc
Jan 25, 2016, 03:32 PM
or just do atk 3 as the difference is practically unnoticable and you save more meseta in the end (and stat 3 is easier to do upslots with to potentially save even more)

Sp-24
Jan 25, 2016, 03:34 PM
You don't necessarily need to go for noble if your short on cash but really, save your meseta cuz this sounds like a poor persons problem if they can't save or learn to find where the meseta is. Get mad or w/e but hey, maybe 20mill on that hairstyle could have been better spent :wacko:
Hey, it's no sweat off my back. I'm ready to join the MLG club with my 75 attack and 90 HP affixes and laugh at +60 noobs any day.

ArcaneTechs
or just do atk 3 as the difference is practically unnoticable and you save more meseta in the end (and stat 3 is easier to do upslots with to potentially save even more)
ya but if you learn to affix atk IV right you can benefit from it

Hey, it's no sweat off my back. I'm ready to join the MLG club with my 75 attack and 90 HP affixes and laugh at +60 noobs any day.
Sounded like you were complaining about Noble prices so ya, just save in general if your going for something better

Noko
If you did multiply and sum the estimates I out there you'd end up with a 24.8m, there isn't a estimate in there because when you buy as many low slotted fodder you easily dry up the market.
For instance, for my lastest astral attempt I started buying flicts for 80k and the last piece was over 300k.

[spoiler-box]ICANTQUOTEIMAGESLOLOLOLOL[/spoiler-box]
You seem to have confused noble with boost. Erase that '&PP' and try again.

Flaoc
Jan 25, 2016, 03:36 PM
ya but if you learn to affix atk IV right you can benefit from it

Sounded like you were complaining about Noble prices so ya, just save in general if your going for something better

i disagree unless the 5 atk (or 15 atk full body) is the difference between 1 less hit or not or flatout one shot.. though with modern day atk thats significantly less than 1%

Sp-24
Jan 25, 2016, 03:37 PM
You seem to have confused noble with boost. Erase that '&PP' and try again.
Your affixing guide lists Noble, along with 150 attack and 9 PP target, so I had to go with that.

isCasted
Jan 25, 2016, 03:39 PM
Besides, S-ATK non-Noble boost is 10 mil too.

this sounds like a poor persons problem if they can't save or learn to find where the meseta is

I know where meseta is. I've been asking people a lot about it. I'm just not getting it. The thing is: getting rich in PSO2 is a luck-based mission no matter how you put it.

Noko
Jan 25, 2016, 03:43 PM
Your affixing guide lists Noble, along with 150 attack and 9 PP target, so I had to go with that.

It seems that the educational system failed you :-(, but I'll try to explain anyway.
On the post you previously quoted is a clear difference between the budget part and the putting effodrt part, taking a something from one part to argue against the other is straight up idiotic.

Tunga
Jan 25, 2016, 03:44 PM
Soul/atk3/(flict/alter)/Fever is cheap and has a 86% chance of success if upslotting from 3. Expensive units are for those that want to go higher.

Sp-24
Jan 25, 2016, 03:45 PM
It seems that the educational system failed you :sad:, but I'll try to explain anyway.
On the post you previously quoted is a clear difference between the budget part and the putting effodrt part, taking a something from one part to argue against the other is straight up idiotic.
A lot of things are idiotic, like complaining about Ship 2 doing something you've seen yourself done on every other ship. We've just come to accept them, along with things like low affixes.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 25, 2016, 03:45 PM
i disagree unless the 5 atk (or 15 atk full body) is the difference between 1 less hit or not or flatout one shot.. though with modern day atk thats significantly less than 1%
Your choice if you want atk 3 or atk5, you want less go for it

The thing is: getting rich in PSO2 is a luck-based mission no matter how you put it.
Welcome to MMO's

Asuka~
Jan 25, 2016, 03:46 PM
-snip-

fuusen_gum
Jan 25, 2016, 03:47 PM
i don't mind player using 60 ATK affixes, but i do hate the most is a player using non 50-60 light attribute weapon without even bother to unlock the potential for fighting a darker type enemy

seriously, having 50-60 ele is more important than having a good affixes

jooozek
Jan 25, 2016, 04:23 PM
i'll be sure to run in lucky rise gear when i see op in my mpa :wacko:

KLMS1
Jan 25, 2016, 04:24 PM
Attribute matching isn't terribly important outside particular class skills though. Certainly distant second to having the ele maxed.

Achelousaurus
Jan 25, 2016, 04:39 PM
3. Not shooting for at least a Minimum of 100 atk (its not expensive to do
:-?

I think I have 75-90 on my units.
OMG you're such a scrub!

something something noble something.

Point is (I feel like a broken record by now) leechers don't give a fuck. They don't even give enough of a fuck to think about why they manage to finish EQs despite utter lack of skill and crap gear. And if they actually get it, they still are lazy and just leech of decent players.

Considering there are too many of them to explain stuff and most get butthurt easily and say "I just wanna have fun", the only chance we got is running away and trying another block.

And actually its incredibly cheap and easy to get 2-3s with soul receptor and all.
And even learning the basics of the game so you don't suck completely isn't that hard either.
But that would require making an effort.

PS: I am actually getting bored and tired of this. I've been complaining too much and am just repeating myself and nothing I say is actually making a difference.
And even venting gets old after a while.

Zorafim
Jan 25, 2016, 04:41 PM
People don't affix their gear because affixing is anti-fun. I'm surprised this game still has this feature.
Same with grinding, except at least grinding doesn't require an excel spreadsheet to do.

Any time I think about coming back to this game, I remember that I have to grind and affix any gear I find, and I'm instantly turned off from it and go back to WoW.

jooozek
Jan 25, 2016, 04:47 PM
[spoiler-box]http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up176311.jpg[/spoiler-box]

:wacko:

KLMS1
Jan 25, 2016, 04:47 PM
People don't affix their gear because affixing is anti-fun. I'm surprised this game still has this feature.
Same with grinding, except at least grinding doesn't require an excel spreadsheet to do.

This is a pretty legit point. Grinding is merely annoying and a meseta sink, but the whole onerous process of affixing stuff decently is genuinely off-putting.

PS: kindly put that thing in a spoiler box joooz. x.x

Lumpen Thingy
Jan 25, 2016, 04:54 PM

Any time I think about coming back to this game, I remember that I have to grind and affix any gear I find, and I'm instantly turned off from it and go back to WoW.

OMG a week of TAs and DOs just to buy stuff grinded and done.......WOW that's a lot of work. If doing stuff to gear is "grindy" then why even play any mmo since all mmos are grindy to a point? Also lol this thread being 4chan like.

Alma
Jan 25, 2016, 04:57 PM
affixing is an art.
grinding is bullshit.

just my two cents :wacko:

Sp-24
Jan 25, 2016, 04:59 PM
OMG a week of TAs and DOs just to buy stuff grinded and done.......WOW that's a lot of work. If doing stuff to gear is "grindy" then why even play any mmo since all mmos are grindy to a point? Also lol this thread being 4chan like.
How many grinded and affixed Areses (Arses?) have you bought so far?

Magicks
Jan 25, 2016, 05:00 PM
affixing is an art.
grinding is bullshit.

just my two cents :wacko:

An expensive art, but art nonetheless.

Achelousaurus
Jan 25, 2016, 05:16 PM
This is a pretty legit point. Grinding is merely annoying and a meseta sink, but the whole onerous process of affixing stuff decently is genuinely off-putting.

PS: kindly put that thing in a spoiler box joooz. x.x
WHAAAAT?
Affixing is epic fun. Every boost week I get addicted and have trouble stopping.

Grinding is a standard mmo money sink. Mmos work by making something really important that requires a lot of money, so people have a reason to continuously get more of it, then add a chore you gotta do often to get that money.
And this are important for everyone, if not this stuff you'd be bored to death in 2 months.

I'm really glad one of PSO2's money sinks is as fun as affixing and the main chore is as fun as tacos.
Seen a lot worse in a lot of other mmos.

Noko
Jan 25, 2016, 05:24 PM
Affixing is epic fun. Every boost week I get addicted and have trouble stopping.

It's really nice to find someone likeminded. I for one only stop when I run out of cubes. The only bad part of this is trying to sell the leftover fodders or old items.
Selling high slotted items take an eternity to sell if you price it for what it's worth.

lostinseganet
Jan 25, 2016, 05:25 PM
Can't you just play for fun? The LVs will come.♫

KLMS1
Jan 25, 2016, 05:29 PM
OMG a week of TAs and DOs just to buy stuff grinded and done.......WOW that's a lot of work.

As the guy above pointed out, let's see you buy those 13*s pre-affixed. Also GL buying anything above 9* if you're freemium and thus can't recycle crap for passes...

WHAAAAT?

Not sure if Excel spreadsheet levels of autism or just sarcastic.

Flaoc
Jan 25, 2016, 05:32 PM
affixing is actually really stressful imo if you fail its just high levels of rage but if you pass a difficult affix......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpqThi6QTpY

Achelousaurus
Jan 25, 2016, 05:33 PM
Not sure if Excel spreadsheet levels of autism or just sarcastic.
Not sure if retarded or just trolling.

Btw not quite 9pp but this is about the fodder you need for 150atk:
here (http://srpgp.supersanctuary.net/dudu/#!/s=RPB5.AA04.ZA01.UA01&1=TC01.UA01.ZA01.ZB01&2=TC01.UA01.ZA01.ZB01&3=AA04.ZA01.ZB01.TC01&4=XA01.ZA01.ZB01.ZC01&5=AA04.ZA01.ZB01.ZC01&r=RPB5.AA04.TC01.UA01&o=A05.B08)

Replace power with whatever other atk you want and likewise flict.
For relatively cheap you can use regular boost items that give you 150 atk / 3pp or use noble for 155 atk / 6 pp.

Lumpen Thingy
Jan 25, 2016, 05:35 PM
As the guy above pointed out, let's see you buy those 13*s pre-affixed. Also GL buying anything above 9* if you're freemium and thus can't recycle crap for passes....

2015 badges and stones for 13 star weapons that come preaffixed say hello

Flaoc
Jan 25, 2016, 05:38 PM
too bad xie weps are completely garbage and nobody should ever buy them with accessable ares and hell even invade is better than xie

Macmaxi
Jan 25, 2016, 05:45 PM
affix your units because you are keeping me from having fun in this game

guys pls

Tunga
Jan 25, 2016, 05:48 PM
If you don't have premium you can just use red weapons and these are close to 12* power. Craft some decent 9* unit to lvl 8 with decent 3 to 4s affixes and call it a day. 13* and 150 atk units are not needed to kill stuff in XH.

KLMS1
Jan 25, 2016, 05:49 PM
Not sure if retarded or just trolling.

Btw not quite 9pp but this is about the fodder you need for 150atk:
here (http://srpgp.supersanctuary.net/dudu/#!/s=RPB5.AA04.ZA01.UA01&1=TC01.UA01.ZA01.ZB01&2=TC01.UA01.ZA01.ZB01&3=AA04.ZA01.ZB01.TC01&4=XA01.ZA01.ZB01.ZC01&5=AA04.ZA01.ZB01.ZC01&r=RPB5.AA04.TC01.UA01&o=A05.B08)

Replace power with whatever other atk you want and likewise flict.
For relatively cheap you can use regular boost items that give you 150 atk / 3pp or use noble for 155 atk / 6 pp.

Not sure if stupid or glossing over getting those fodders. Which in several cases WILL cost an arm and a leg and/or require prior rounds of affixing.
Oh and eyeballing it two of those can *still* fail even with 10% boost week and +40% success item so, yeah.

Rendezvous
Jan 25, 2016, 05:49 PM
I'll have my secretary alert you the moment I care.

Agastya
Jan 25, 2016, 05:51 PM
Can't you just play for fun? The LVs will come.♫
Levels don't mean shit beyond skill points and difficulty level requirements.

Here's the thing: fun is subjective. One person may be having the time of their life playing GU/BR in TD4 with their normal attack advance and S-Roll Arts build, looking up their character's skirt during the flips, but other people are there trying to actively complete the quest as quickly as they can to keep the bases at S health so they can get three stones. When people who "play for fun" enter a multiparty with people who are trying to be efficient, they drag everything down. This isn't just special snowflake build players, though - this is equally bad for people fresh into XH on their 70/52 FO/TE without any real gear, or maybe they just have a ton of units with big affixes or something, but quite frankly between a Ranger that has 150RATK 15PP unit affixes but dies frequently trying to yolo into shit and a Ranger that has like, 60 RATK 100+ HP 3PP affixes on their units that knows that they get hit and built HP to not die at the worst possible times and is otherwise competent, I'll take the one with durability every time.

Normally, however, this isn't an issue. Normally if you get an absolutely pants-on-head group when queueing up for instanced content, you can just leave. That content stays there, it'll be waiting. You can't do this in emergency quests. Especially in schedule-only emergency quests. Especially especially schedule-only emergency quests that are the only place you have even the tiniest fraction of a chance of dropping the item you want. It's a conflict of interest that stems from the EQ system, stonequest, and the random matchmaking boiling over into this twisted mass of awful, awful horribleness. If block organization was better it'd work for maybe five minutes before the "for fun" players got tired of their pub groups failing, so they'd start trying to go to the blocks with all the "good" players. To this some people will just say "just join a team!" and while valid, it can be extremely hard to find a decent team.

Also, lastly, it's absolutely mind-boggling just how many people think that "play for fun" means to just let enemies do whatever the hell they want. As I said earlier, fun is subjective, and... why am i even fucking typing up this hugeass post, its psow its going to just be ignored or mocked anyway why do i even look at this subforum anymore

its not good for my stress levels

god damn it

Zorafim
Jan 25, 2016, 05:54 PM

...what does any of this have to do with what I said?

An honestly good point about player responsibility in a gaming community, and... why am i even fucking typing up this hugeass post, its psow its going to just be ignored or mocked anyway why do i even look at this subforum anymore

its not good for my stress levels

god damn it

Honestly, I slowly stopped checking any threads besides the picture threads, and stopped checking those entirely. Now all my forum-going is in the Fanworks forum, because surprise surprise, people actually think about their posts when they put weeks of effort into what they're contributing.
Please disregard my being in this thread if I don't check any threads in this forum.

Nitro Vordex
Jan 25, 2016, 06:06 PM
affix your units because you are keeping me from having fun in this game

guys pls
Underrated post

Xaeris
Jan 25, 2016, 06:12 PM
Some dark chi up in this thread.

yoshiblue
Jan 25, 2016, 06:15 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]https://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzcldvFPsI1ql4h20o1_500.gif[/SPOILER-BOX]

Selphea
Jan 25, 2016, 06:29 PM
If you want to be cheap just slap together a bunch of ghetto affixes that no one cares about.

115 ATK for like, 3 mil or so:

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/lXijKu0.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Noko
Jan 25, 2016, 06:40 PM
If you want to be cheap just slap together a bunch of ghetto affixes that no one cares about.

115 ATK for like, 3 mil or so:

[spoiler-box]STILLCANTQUOTEIMAGESLOL[/spoiler-box]

You could have gotten ultimate buster instead of mutation and quartz instead of gwana for about the same price. Still ok nonetheless.

Selphea
Jan 25, 2016, 06:44 PM
That's including Dudu fee and for levelling in non-UQ before resale (Raw ATK looks more impressive for resale it seems :p).

Quartz would have upped the price by 1 mil, I checked x.x It was like 500k vs 100k

Macmaxi
Jan 25, 2016, 06:45 PM
the nature of random groups is that you are going to get random groups. you should be expecting to get anything from an mlg player to someones casual father's 4 year old son. that's what you sign up for when you are joining random groups. if you expect anything else from it, you are destroying not only your own fun but also the fun of everyone who has to listen to that shit, cause you want random groups to be something they are not: organized groups.

and i dont care how cheap your affixes are or how many stones you missed this time or how many minutes of your boost got lost. if you joined a random group getting progress in this game cant be that important to you. but thank you for your unwarranted ranting, you are doing everyone a huge favor

you are basically being selfish because you want random groups to be like organized groups, because you cant be bothered to get your shy ass up and look for a few like-minded players and do things with them, because it requires more than pushing a button for stones to fall out.

Selphea
Jan 25, 2016, 06:47 PM
High block vs low block. Qualty seems to go south below B30.

Having even a group of 4 makes a big difference though, provided the group has what's needed:

At least 1 Ranger for Magatsu
At least 1 Ranger and 1 Mirage applier (can be the same person) for Elder/Loser
2 Fo/Tes or more for PD
Lots of wide AoE characters for TDs

Group of 4 who queue for Magatsu with no WBer tend to get a hilarious time :wacko:

Noko
Jan 25, 2016, 06:53 PM
the nature of random groups is that you are going to get random groups. you should be expecting to get anything from an mlg player to someones casual father's 4 year old son. that's what you sign up for when you are joining random groups. if you expect anything else from it, you are destroying not only your own fun but also the fun of everyone who has to listen to that shit, cause you want random groups to be something they are not: organized groups.

and i dont care how cheap your affixes are or how many stones you missed this time or how many minutes of your boost got lost. if you joined a random group getting progress in this game cant be that important to you. but thank you for your unwarranted ranting, you are doing everyone a huge favor

you are basically being selfish because you want random groups to be like organized groups, because you cant be bothered to get your shy ass up and look for a few like-minded players and do things with them, because it requires more than pushing a button for stones to fall out.

What's the point of ranting about a rant? And yes, I do expect people to prepare and play properly in public MPAS just like I expect people to drive properly in public streets. Or do you tell people to build their own streets when you see them complaining about some shitty driver?

Macmaxi
Jan 25, 2016, 06:54 PM
you have to get a license to drive, you dont need a license to play a game

Sacrificial
Jan 25, 2016, 06:56 PM
You know what else is triggering? IDEAL UNITS
Why, why, WHY so many people downslot them to four, or even three slots.
It is even more mind boggling when they downslot and still affix spirita and/or stamina.

something something casual players exist something something.

Noko
Jan 25, 2016, 06:57 PM
Excuse me, you do need a license for higher difficulties, issued by miss Coffie. And there are shitty drivers even with a license.

Magicks
Jan 25, 2016, 07:07 PM
Excuse me, you do need a license for higher difficulties, issued by miss Coffie. And there are shitty drivers even with a license.

But going by that, high damage affixes =/= good players. Wowsers, look at that guy dying for the 14th time with +150 ATK units. High damage affixes does nothing for players that like to eat shit in the face.

Just cause I have XH unlocked doesn't mean I was a good player in the first place. PS: SH and XH are free rides. :wacko:

Macmaxi
Jan 25, 2016, 07:09 PM
sigh... okay.

a drivers license teaches you the basics how to not kill people with a car. you learn it and get a thing that tells you that you can do it. if you cant do it right you get fined and lose your license eventually.

nothing teaches you how to do EQs or even to play the game for that matter and the game doesn't require you to be able to play the game properly (as you think it should be played). also you dont endanger peoples lives.

KLMS1
Jan 25, 2016, 07:10 PM
Excuse me, you do need a license for higher difficulties, issued by miss Coffie.

Earning that one is roughly akin to getting your driver's license from the proverbial cereal box. Except a lot more reliable since it's not even luck-based.

Tunga
Jan 25, 2016, 07:10 PM
also you dont endanger peoples lives.

pso2 is no joke

Noko
Jan 25, 2016, 07:13 PM
sigh... okay.

a drivers license teaches you the basics how to not kill people with a car. you learn it and get a thing that tells you that you can do it. if you cant do it right you get fined and lose your license eventually.

nothing teaches you how to do EQs or even to play the game for that matter and the game doesn't require you to be able to play the game properly (as you think it should be played). also you dont endanger peoples lives.

...except you do get teached?
Did you just skip all tutorials and message packs?

Also if I were cardiac my life would be in serious danger while playing this.

yoshiblue
Jan 25, 2016, 07:15 PM
May need some Gran Turismo style licenses to replace the current ones.

KLMS1
Jan 25, 2016, 07:18 PM
pso2 is no joke

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/members/l-o-w-i-albums-lulz-picture57016-srs-bsns.jpg

KLMS1
Jan 25, 2016, 07:21 PM
...except you do get teached?
Did you just skip all tutorials and message packs?

Right. Because THOSE totally teach the mouth-breathing apes "how did I affixed properly?" and how2[Insert XH EQ]...

Bitch, please. Now you're just trying to defend a fort that has no walls.

Noko
Jan 25, 2016, 07:24 PM
Right. Because THOSE totally teach the mouth-breathing apes "how did I affixed properly?" and how2[Insert XH EQ]...

Just like Td2.

KLMS1
Jan 25, 2016, 07:29 PM
Just like Td2.

I presume there's meant to be wit somewhere in here, but it would appear to have all the substance of the pot o'gold at the end of the rainbow. :-?

Zorafim
Jan 25, 2016, 07:29 PM
Why is nobody complaining about Sega forcing such a boring and unnecessary step to gearing yourself? From a design perspective, what does upgrading your weapon gain the playerbase? And what does it cost them?

[SPOILER-BOX]https://38.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzcldvFPsI1ql4h20o1_500.gif[/SPOILER-BOX]

This is truly the best response to anything.

jooozek
Jan 25, 2016, 07:32 PM
May need some Gran Turismo style licenses to replace the current ones.

oh man, that shit was just vile back in 1998 :wacko:
but yeah, some skill check gates and maybe some gear scores could work, but not while affixing exists :-?

Macmaxi
Jan 25, 2016, 07:34 PM
play ff14, people have to have a required item level to join, there you go.

KLMS1
Jan 25, 2016, 07:36 PM

Neverwinter does that too, or at least did when I could last be assed to play it.
And yes - this is a comment on how much that shit really amounts to.

jooozek
Jan 25, 2016, 07:37 PM

funny you mention it, i'm actually playing it right now while trying to get my PSO2 account back :wacko:

Magicks
Jan 25, 2016, 07:39 PM
Why is nobody complaining about Sega forcing such a boring and unnecessary step to gearing yourself? From a design perspective, what does upgrading your weapon gain the playerbase? And what does it cost them?

I'd rather play the game, get affixes from my loot, and use that to upgrade my stuff than afk farm at a gathering spot for 8 hours to level up my planting skill just to increase the chances of getting a certain item required for crafting, then spend another 300 hours gathering said item because RNG's a bitch. Oh right, and chance of failure. Let's not forget that.

Like come on. I still don't get people who just want to stare at their character gathering. For several hours. I like this affixing thing more than that.

jooozek
Jan 25, 2016, 07:42 PM
I'd rather play the game, get affixes from my loot, and use that to upgrade my stuff than afk farm at a gathering spot for 8 hours to level up my planting skill just to increase the chances of getting a certain item required for crafting, then spend another 300 hours gathering said item because RNG's a bitch. Oh right, and chance of failure. Let's not forget that.

Like come on. I still don't get people who just want to stare at their character gathering. For several hours. I like this affixing thing more than that.

oh, but we are getting gathering in pso2, what now? :nono:

Magicks
Jan 25, 2016, 07:49 PM
oh, but we are getting gathering in pso2, what now? :nono:

Don't remind me. I'm still upset about that.

Touka
Jan 25, 2016, 07:53 PM
Different strokes,I welcome a new way to kill time waiting for a eq.

KLMS1
Jan 25, 2016, 07:56 PM

That there's something even more unfun in general circulation doesn't make the whole process of affixing any less of an onerous pain in the ass.
Also pretty sure the argument "there's always worse" is at least an informal fallacy.

Tunga
Jan 25, 2016, 07:56 PM

Just like Td2.

This is actually pretty funny lmao.

NoobSpectre
Jan 25, 2016, 08:23 PM
Affix with 5 fodders should be 200% easier than 2 fodders, and yes, 4s should be a commoner budget practice. (though if possible I wish to stash a stam III + stam boost instead of +35-50 from a mod/flict/fever/vinc/abi III).

Skill doesn't come with affix though, you can have more than 100+ or something but if your skill is garbage, that is useless, A dead player does not deal any damage, cheers.

From a 3 slot guy who scare death and stash stam III instead of another +25 atk (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wP5V82xvM0).

WEED420BLAZEIT
Jan 25, 2016, 08:30 PM
patiently waiting for based mutation 2 baybay

cheap and effective, not even memeing

Selphea
Jan 25, 2016, 08:44 PM
Is Muta 2 going to be 20 or 15 though?

SteveCZ
Jan 25, 2016, 08:46 PM
Whichever ship you are in, if you're talking about public, the case is always the same.
I'm in ship 4.

Start making a team with members you desire should solve your problem.
If you're unable to do it, then complaining the pub won't do at all.

This thread is nothing but hate.

Flaoc
Jan 25, 2016, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by KLMS1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noko View Post
Just like Td2.

This is actually pretty funny lmao.

fully agreed here

wefwq
Jan 25, 2016, 09:08 PM
I think that people who don't affix their shit are don't really know how to do it rather than don't have money to do so.
You can get so many good fodders from matterboard nowadays it's almost a joke, maybe except for units.

SEGA really need to implement proper in-game tutorial how to affix you're shit because it seems like people nowadays expect to be spoonfeeded on every turns and corners, just like your average mobile games.

Raujinn
Jan 25, 2016, 11:34 PM
Is Muta 2 going to be 20 or 15 though?

The data says 15 all attack, 15 HP.

Achelousaurus
Jan 26, 2016, 03:52 AM
Not sure if stupid or glossing over getting those fodders. Which in several cases WILL cost an arm and a leg and/or require prior rounds of affixing.
Oh and eyeballing it two of those can *still* fail even with 10% boost week and +40% success item so, yeah.
Yeah, no that wasn't aimed at you.
That was aimed at Noko, just adding a little info on the side.
Also, 2 affixes at 98% is a very low risk. I got terrible Dudu luck but I still consider this quite feasible.

I myself got 85 and 90 atk on my units (60 on ranged which I use every once every 4 months) cause I don't feel like re-affixing all over for 4% or so more damage.

Zorafim
Jan 26, 2016, 10:09 AM

You'd rather be forced to spend hours doing tax-return levels of tedium than be exposed to an optional piece of content nobody does?
I don't understand any of this post. Why are we talking about gathering? Or crafting? All the crafters I know only craft because it's there and they enjoy it. How many people have you talked to about affixing do it because they it's there any they enjoy it?

I think that people who don't affix their shit are don't really know how to do it rather than don't have money to do so.

I once tried to teach a girl who stopped playing a while ago and only logged on to play with me how to grind and affix her gear so she would get a substantial boost in power, and be able to do more stuff by herself. After she saw how complicated it all was, she then proceeded to continue not playing the game.
The only reason to be encouraged to engage in this system is because you know how much stronger it makes your character. No new player is going to go "Oh boy, I can boost my power by spending all this time and energy doing this thing? Neat!". They're going to just play the game. Eventually they get to a point where they realize they're too weak, and they have to do this system to continue. At this point, they either suck it up, or quit the game. And honestly, I don't see why they shouldn't quit, if the game isn't going to encourage them to continue.

Masu
Jan 26, 2016, 01:34 PM
The whole point is even if you're a VERY willing player, such kind of sh*t should not happen (to me)... http://i.imgur.com/tFe01jx.jpg
Thankfully it was a cheap fodder affixing to free some storage space <_<
Now just imagine the one who dry up all it's hardly gathered mesetas into a noble and the like huh?
Now I dunno if it helps or not, but farming UQ for something else than Ares stuff ,5/6 slots UQ soul units, 12* chainsawd... So yeah it happen once in a while but it's the best way I found (as fremium and aside XQ and DO) to quicly earn good amount of money. You can even farm 3/4 slots and do the upslot yourself then sell it...Meanwhile doing this for 1 week got me 3x 6 slots, 4x 5 slots, 6 Chainsawd, 2 Nemesis 13* not using rdb 250 for most part aside when burning reamining rdb 250 of an earlier EQ.
+ doing this makes practicing your skils.

Zorafim
Jan 26, 2016, 02:21 PM
I'm just posting to tell you there was a 1/125000 chance for that to happen to you.

Achelousaurus
Jan 26, 2016, 10:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/tFe01jx.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v320/Balmuk/pwnd.gif

I had something similar recently. Upslotting mod + flict with both failing at 96% each and the rest 100%.

Noblewine
Jan 28, 2016, 06:35 PM
Welcome to the dark net Enjoy your stay. =D