PDA

View Full Version : Episode 4 Story Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13

AutumnChronicle
Dec 23, 2016, 07:48 PM
What bugs me most is how there's no interlude between the latest storyboard update and the EQ. So what happened after Ardem and Ophiel fled...? Did everyone just stare dumbfoundedly at Enga while he flipped his shit? Did Phaleg just stick around and have tea with us?!?

Kondibon
Dec 23, 2016, 07:50 PM
It doesn't, i was just making a point out of the fact that i thought it was just a sentient being existing for the sole purpose of giving us a holidays eq, anyway i'm out.

Fair enough. i'm tired too honestly.

Meteor Weapon
Dec 23, 2016, 08:31 PM
One thing I realized with EP4, ever since Yamato came out there was no scene or indication about the MC and his so called friends talking about those big boss.

Elder- they showed a scene where Elder blasted off the surface of Naberius in an attempt to attack the entire Oracle fleet. And this is an emergency course of action that they should take at most priority. The epilogue was a nice touch to show Elder was just doing this for lolz even after his defeat and said he'll come back anytime. And as he did he just kept coming back throughout the entire EP2 and early EP3, after a certain storyboard Double ate him and started cloning him, they don't explain it but we get the idea why he kept coming back.(And possibly cloned by PD after Double died)

Loser- freakin took over the entire mothership and became it's new core and became another threat to the universe and it's ARKS immediately took the job to take down this threat. Eaten by Double and got cloned endlessly.

Magatsu- Double ate a portion of the Magatsu essence and started cloning an army of weaker version of the true Magatsu. Leave it alone and they could destroy an entire planet and possibly wrecking everything in the universe itself. Since this was Double that started this shit, ARKS had its responsible to deal with it.

Profound Darkness- they we're already forewarned that PD will come back after Persona absorbed the huge amount of Dark Photons. PD's existence is enough to threaten an entire universe if left alone. Got timelooped until who knows when.

I'm heavily bias with ep4 so bear with me

Yamato- Summoned by Hagito just because he was mad, I don't know why he summoned it or who was he targeting but apparently was trying to destroy Tokyo for ????. And ARKS for some reason jumped to take it down when it has nothing to do with them. The Mother Clusters could deal with whatever one of their own caused a problem but they didn't. I don't recall Xierra even talked about it in storyboard either.

Esca Falz Mother- Just popped out of nowhere because those Ether seemed sentient enough to manifest itself with the rage and destructive impulse that was left behind by the previous EFM, just when Xiera told herself outside and right after the storyboard not to worry and blatantly say any traces Esca Falz Mother's essence was completely wiped, only for it to show up gathering all Esca Darker's to Earth. No storyboard to even explain, Earth Guide's did nothing about it. They'll probably explain in it the next storyboard more detailed but I doubt it. Or we overlooked non SB dialogue, but its still a wasted opportunity of a good explanation.

Again I;m biased with Ep4, so might take time for me to get rid of it.

Dualdiamond
Dec 23, 2016, 09:35 PM
Yamato- Summoned by Hagito just because he was mad, I don't know why he summoned it or who was he targeting but apparently was trying to destroy Tokyo for ????. And ARKS for some reason jumped to take it down when it has nothing to do with them. The Mother Clusters could deal with whatever one of their own caused a problem but they didn't. I don't recall Xierra even talked about it in storyboard either.

Esca Falz Mother- Just popped out of nowhere because those Ether seemed sentient enough to manifest itself with the rage and destructive impulse that was left behind by the previous EFM, just when Xiera told herself outside and right after the storyboard not to worry and blatantly say any traces Esca Falz Mother's essence was completely wiped, only for it to show up gathering all Esca Darker's to Earth. No storyboard to even explain, Earth Guide's did nothing about it. They'll probably explain in it the next storyboard more detailed but I doubt it. Or we overlooked non SB dialogue, but its still a wasted opportunity of a good explanation.

From my understanding, ESCA darkers were just a one off thing that's no longer relevant cause the main root of the problem got Ame no Murakumoed. ESCA Darkers at this point are most likely just phantoms. They don't even have the ability to corrupt, and with Mother and Aru separated, I'm assuming their evolution towards becoming real darkers is halted.

ESCA Falz Mother in this case is just an abnormally powerful phantom much like Yamato. But nonetheless, a phantom.

I'm also assuming that ESCA Falz indefinitely respawns like any other phantom, as we've seen Laplace and Maxwell come back too.

For Yamato, as long as Hagito is alive, Emerald Tablet will keep embodying itself, which will subsequently keep producing Yamatos. Since embodied weapons can't be destroyed permanently either so long as their master is alive. SEGA probably remembered that and mentioned Hagito being alive just to keep Yamato EQ compatible story wise. At some point, we're likely to see a part 2 of ARKS vs Emetabu. Mabey Emerald Tablet adapting and embodying phantom A.I.S. since modification and improvement are its special embodied weapon abilities.

Yamato's decision to head towards Tokyo and subsequently destroy it was, I'm just going to guess and say, fight or flight response to being pummeled by ARKS and head towards the ESCA tower to recover.

SEGA decided to design phantoms as something you really can't defeat since they will come back again and again, and so on. You can kill Mother, you can kill the Dark Falz, kill Erdem and the rest, but the phantoms they create will linger on forever. For a story concept, aether is more ridiculous and absurd than photons. You just can't stop the phantoms. And story wise, if we kill Erdem and Earth Guide collapses, then ARKS will be forced to continue their phantom clean up post-story.

Zysets
Dec 23, 2016, 09:37 PM

Hagito summoned it because he was frustrated with losing, and let Emerald Tablet run loose without thinking. He admits he lost control of it once it got massive though, and Ophiel got angry with him (forgot what story baord scene this was, but it's right before the EQ). So it's not attacking Tokyo because he wanted it too, he just lost control because it became too big for him to handle and was running rampant. ARKS probably dealt with it because Player was already involved, and it was related to ARKS current issue of investigating all the "unofficial" ARKS members from Earth. If the general public found out about ARKS, it would have probably been bad.

Falz Mother is an apparition of Ether, it at least explains why it keeps coming back. Earth Guide as an organization will probably do nothing because Ardem back stabbed us, and ARKS is required to deal with it though because it IS a Falz. Like Xierra says, dealing with Falz is ARKS's job.

Meteor Weapon
Dec 23, 2016, 10:39 PM
Ah, I guess that answered my bias, thanks.

I guess the reason why Ophiel let Hagito live was because Hagito is the only person known at the moment to give a direct advancement to the next evolution of humanity with the ESCA tech but just watching Hitsugi and Kotori's reaction and almost zero interest towards Hagito who was just trying to promote his new invention at time (communication through thoughts with just the touch of a tablet, if it were real here it would've been a mind blowing foundation) I guess I can sorta understand why Ardem said humanity devolved and remained stagnant in both mind and body I guess even Hagito felt the same way. Hitsugi and Kotori not caring anything new was another example of human mind remained stagnated.

mickbis
Dec 24, 2016, 04:04 AM
Hagito got spared because he hold the Technology part of the Mother Cluster Group
Bethor represent old school way of thinking which is show as reality explosion kind of effect thus isn't suit for the future of humanity in Ophiel point of view

Renvalt
Dec 26, 2016, 07:14 PM
Hagito got spared because he hold the Technology part of the Mother Cluster Group
Bethor represent old school way of thinking which is show as reality explosion kind of effect thus isn't suit for the future of humanity in Ophiel point of view

Talking through tablets... humanity evolving and innovating? Sounds like something the Photoners would cook up.

Hell, I think I can summarize a theory on what their evolutionary "end-goal" would be: Collective Consciousness AKA Hive Mind, where all thoughts are joined unto one and pursue a singular ideal.

Zysets
Dec 26, 2016, 09:27 PM
I don't think that's the case. Ardem seems fixated on Human's own creativity, he says so himself, that humans now have access to ether, that can not only revolutionize their technology, but change humans themselves, but he's disappointed that people aren't doing that, just working on existing ideas and technologies. A hive mind would be the complete opposite of embracing the unique and creative aspects of people, because you need to have individualism and competition to promote people one up-ing each other with new ideas and technologies.

Ardem probably just has an elitist view were only those he deems capable can stay. He's already said it too, telling Enga that he and Hitsugi are part of the "chosen" group capable of changing humanity with their power. That's also why he tells Hitsugi that Mother's existence is dangerous, even if she's repentant of her past deeds. Xion made the Photoners stale, they never went to knew heights because Xion told them everything, they themselves never learned anything or advanced on their own. That's what would happen with Mother and Earth as well, if Mother were to really tap into her "missing" omniscience. He wants to physically push human evolution, by getting rid of people he considers dead weight, leaving behind just the people who thinks can help humanity evolve.

loafhero
Dec 26, 2016, 09:42 PM
If it wasn't for Ardem's obvious god-complex villain tone, I would have thought he'd want Earthlings to be more like ARKS.

But because of his obvious god-complex villain tone, I wouldn't be surprised if his idea of advanced humans is turning them into ugly but powerful monsters and somehow call it "advancement".

Kintama
Dec 26, 2016, 09:56 PM
Naaah, Phantom Humans, take humanity, paint it blue :p

Zysets
Dec 26, 2016, 10:05 PM
If it wasn't for Ardem's obvious god-complex villain tone, I would have thought he'd want Earthlings to be more like ARKS.

But because of his obvious god-complex villain tone, I wouldn't be surprised if his idea of advanced humans is turning them into ugly but powerful monsters and somehow call it "advancement".

I don't think monsters with power is necessarily what he wants. I get more of a feeling that he enjoys watching Humanity change, and just got frustrated that it's slowed. I think he sees himself more like a guiding observer, and decided it was finally time for him to give humanity a big push himself so they don't get, what he considers, stale and boring. Unfortunately, the idea of a being a god like observer has given him quite the narcissism....

I do agree that he'd want them to progress to ARKS's level though, just probably without Mother or in ARKS/Photoner's case, Xion, for the reasons I said before.

Meteor Weapon
Dec 26, 2016, 10:09 PM
The Photoners relied on Xion way too much it staled them and brought upon their own destruction through the creation of Profound Darkness. I don't really remember why they need another Xion though.

loafhero
Dec 26, 2016, 10:26 PM
I don't really remember why they need another Xion though.

Greed, I guess. "Why settle with only one Xion when we can make more?", is what I think their thought process was like. Also, the Photoners probably caught on to Xion realizing that she shouldn't keep hand-holding them all the time.

oratank
Dec 27, 2016, 04:58 AM
,Xion kinda can predict future but she act like watcher.Photoner may need their own Xion for that.Also Photoner want to become like Xion making their own Xion may grant them more information to their wish

Zysets
Dec 27, 2016, 12:16 PM
,Xion kinda can predict future but she act like watcher.Photoner may need their own Xion for that.Also Photoner want to become like Xion making their own Xion may grant them more information to their wish

Xion can't really predict the future, but as a sort of living fountain of information and calculations, she can do pretty solid estimates of what's going to happen in the near future.

She was definitely remembering that she's not allowed to communicate with others though, and the Photoners noticed this, so they started trying to clone her to have a "backup" Akashic record.
She's supposed to be alone, because her influence on life is dangerous, but that's the very reason she jumped to help the Photoners, because she was lonely. It's the same thing with Mother.

Great Pan
Dec 27, 2016, 06:54 PM
What is this, an Evangelion wannabe? Evolving hoomans?

Kintama
Dec 27, 2016, 07:13 PM
The Photoners relied on Xion way too much it staled them and brought upon their own destruction through the creation of Profound Darkness. I don't really remember why they need another Xion though.

Iirc it was stated that Xion alone could hardly handle the whole process of ensuring grossly anything all the photoners wanted from her by herself, so they had the neat idea of cloning her, hence Mother.

Meteor Weapon
Dec 27, 2016, 09:12 PM
Iirc it was stated that Xion alone could hardly handle the whole process of ensuring grossly anything all the photoners wanted from her by herself, so they had the neat idea of cloning her, hence Mother.

Lol in other words, Photoners are goddamn greedy.

loafhero
Dec 27, 2016, 10:11 PM
Photoners being horrible people has started to become a joke at this point.

Kondibon
Dec 27, 2016, 10:13 PM
Photoners being horrible people has started to become a joke at this point.
It's like... literally the crux of the entire plot isn't it? Like ALL the bad things in PSO2 started with the photoners.

Xaeris
Dec 27, 2016, 10:15 PM
Photoners are responsible for all playable Arks species, and thus, all varieties of space waifus. Photoners did absolutely nothing wrong.

loafhero
Dec 27, 2016, 11:16 PM
It's like... literally the crux of the entire plot isn't it? Like ALL the bad things in PSO2 started with the photoners.

Yeah but the point I'm making is that its become unintentionally funny at this point.

Zysets
Dec 27, 2016, 11:49 PM
Yeah but the point I'm making is that its become unintentionally funny at this point.

at the very least they have an open ended way to keep the plot continuously moving forward while staying relevant.

But honestly, the series has had the "Photons" joke since PSO (don't remember it before then), I guess PSO2 finally brings "Photoners".

Dark Emerald EXE
Dec 27, 2016, 11:53 PM
Because photons photoners

loafhero
Dec 28, 2016, 12:42 AM
You see that injured puppy there? Photoners did it.

I hope "Because Photoners" becomes the new meme.

Zysets
Dec 28, 2016, 12:46 AM
The ancient aliens picture with "PHOTONS" now actually makes sense because the Photoners are technically Aliens to us!

Dark Emerald EXE
Dec 28, 2016, 01:02 AM
MY usually answer to everything was "because magic"

then in cases of pso2...."Because photons"

now....if its serious ish..... "because photoners"

heheheheh

Zeroem
Dec 28, 2016, 01:06 AM
http://www.mememaker.net/static/images/memes/4498564.jpg

Dark Emerald EXE
Dec 28, 2016, 01:06 AM
I hope "Because Photoners" becomes the new meme.

Alright lets get this under way

https://i.imgflip.com/1gp4bx.jpg

Kondibon
Dec 28, 2016, 01:08 AM
http://i.imgur.com/4nGbUrY.jpg

Dark Emerald EXE
Dec 28, 2016, 01:10 AM
^ I am so dead

x.x

Moffen
Dec 28, 2016, 01:32 AM
http://i.imgur.com/4nGbUrY.jpg

Tempted to slap that on my sig now lmao.
11/10

loafhero
Dec 28, 2016, 03:39 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.imgflip.com/1gp4bx.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/4nGbUrY.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

You all win.

Vatallus
Dec 28, 2016, 03:41 AM
Excuse me while I ste-- I mean save these images to my desktop for fellow chats about PSO2 on skype.

Xaeris
Dec 28, 2016, 04:30 AM
Hmm, highly advanced but now functionally extinct race that practiced ethically bankrupt science, not limited to exploiting a sentient planet, and is ultimately the root for everything that ails the world.

Guys. You guys. Listen.

Photoners were Allagans. What's the primary magic source in FFXIV? Aether. Hydaelyn was just another failed Xion clone. It all fits. *X Flies theme*

Rakurai
Dec 28, 2016, 05:11 AM
That reminds me that FF XIV was supposed to get a PSO2 cross-over event.

I'm thinking it's dead at this point, seeing as they haven't made a peep about it at either of the fanfests.

Vatallus
Dec 28, 2016, 05:15 AM
All that ended up happening was PSO2 paying to add FF14 related boss and cosmetics to PSO2. FF14 did nothing PSO2 related.

Zysets
Dec 28, 2016, 04:59 PM
All that ended up happening was PSO2 paying to add FF14 related boss and cosmetics to PSO2. FF14 did nothing PSO2 related.

Yoshi-P (Producer of FFXIV) said he wanted to do a PSO2 thing in FFXIV, but it was really low priority because they were already getting ready for the new expansion and collabs that were already getting planned out for the new expansion.

Whether he was just saying that to avoid the question, who knows. I also imagine there's the issue of FFXIV being international, while PSO2 isn't, I mean even the recently announced Garo collab in FFXIV is justified internationally, since the HD release of the 2005 Garo show is coming to the west.

Moffen
Dec 28, 2016, 08:05 PM
I thought they were slapping magatsu onto the FF collab?

Tymek
Dec 28, 2016, 10:50 PM
Yoshi-P (Producer of FFXIV) said he wanted to do a PSO2 thing in FFXIV, but it was really low priority because they were already getting ready for the new expansion and collabs that were already getting planned out for the new expansion.

Whether he was just saying that to avoid the question, who knows. I also imagine there's the issue of FFXIV being international, while PSO2 isn't, I mean even the recently announced Garo collab in FFXIV is justified internationally, since the HD release of the 2005 Garo show is coming to the west.

DRAGON QUEST X Online isn't international, yet it had a collab with FFXIV.

I thought they were slapping magatsu onto the FF collab?
Where did you get that idea?

Tymek
Jan 11, 2017, 10:26 AM
So, did anyone datamine some new story board images?

Anduril
Jan 11, 2017, 10:34 AM
So, did anyone datamine some new story board images?

They are in the Large Icons pack: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?236871-1-10-17-Large-Icons-(Whos-this-angel-dude!-)

Kintama
Jan 11, 2017, 01:10 PM
Posting since nobody did yet:

We praise the sun now, didn't post all pics, since everything else isn't relevant (Kohri)

Asellus
Jan 12, 2017, 09:50 PM
Didn't know where to post this question and it's for my own benefit to know so I thank you in advance for humoring me. I'd like to know how fast everyone is running Mother?

I ask because I get the impression that there is a new time standard now that players have access to level 17 techs and photon arts. Surprisingly I was able to run Mother 3x with the fastest run @ 7 minutes, the slowest @ 12 minutes.

Altiea
Jan 12, 2017, 10:09 PM
Didn't know where to post this question and it's for my own benefit to know so I thank you in advance for humoring me. I'd like to know how fast everyone is running Mother?

I ask because I get the impression that there is a new time standard now that players have access to level 17 techs and photon arts. Surprisingly I was able to run Mother 3x with the fastest run @ 7 minutes, the slowest @ 12 minutes.

You're probably in the wrong place; you want Quick Questions for that. Here, we talk about why stuff happens. And stuff.

loafhero
Jan 12, 2017, 10:41 PM
Story and lore stuff, to be precise...

Zysets
Jan 13, 2017, 02:32 AM
We're the nerds who actually play story quests

Vatallus
Jan 13, 2017, 02:44 AM
You posted in the wrong neighborhood, comrade.

Zysets
Jan 13, 2017, 05:17 PM
Watching the clips for Ep4 Chapter 8, I think the dude who starts glowing before it cuts off is probably one of the first victim's of Ardem's "evolution", maybe the Angel enemies are former Earth Guide members?

IchijinKali
Jan 13, 2017, 06:17 PM
All I saw was pep talk, rousing speech, Phaleg: "I need your help", and uh oh conflict.

Kintama
Jan 14, 2017, 05:09 AM
Watching the clips for Ep4 Chapter 8, I think the dude who starts glowing before it cuts off is probably one of the first victim's of Ardem's "evolution", maybe the Angel enemies are former Earth Guide members?

That's Hagito

Poyonche
Jan 14, 2017, 05:22 AM
That's Hagito

What tells you it is Hagito ? I mean, "Hagito" isn't even typed in the bubble chat.

sasagi.jp
Jan 14, 2017, 06:03 AM
No, it’s not Hagito.

Japanise name "Konoehei"(近衛兵)
English name "Royal Guard"

I think that it is Adem's aides.

Zysets
Jan 14, 2017, 03:18 PM
Yeah if you look at the video, and pause, you can clearly see it isn't Hagito anyways.

Poyonche
Jan 14, 2017, 05:55 PM
According to what I found in data, and which is obvious even without it anyway, we're going to punch Doctor Herbert aka Doctor Pervert aka Ophiel aka Dio soon (and Ardem too). Of course it wouldn't be funny if he wasn't going to abuse his warping move.

The next chapter is titled "Broken Evolution".

Zysets
Jan 14, 2017, 05:57 PM
The next chapter is titled "Broken Evolution".

Welp that basically gives away some plot details.

Edit- Don't mind spoilers myself, but thought I'd do the same in the quote.

Poyonche
Jan 14, 2017, 06:09 PM
Oops might add a spoiler tag on this.

loafhero
Jan 15, 2017, 05:22 AM
Unless Herbert does something to surprise us, its pretty funny how the first Apostle we fight in the Story is still technically the strongest Apostle (barring actual physical abilities, of course) as no other Apostle-related boss Phantom comes close to being as powerful as Hagito's Phantom Yamato. Not even Phaleg posed enough of a threat to force the Player to call upon a 12-man AIS team.

oratank
Jan 15, 2017, 06:48 AM
no other Apostle-related boss Phantom comes close to being as powerful as Hagito's Phantom Yamato. Not even Phaleg posed enough of a threat to force the Player to call upon a 12-man AIS team.

she may raider kick 12 ais down in 1 move before land on arks fleet to meet us on next chapter

veraca
Jan 15, 2017, 06:10 PM
I did a bit of back-reading here on this thread but I couldn't find it. Not sure if this question/idea is spoilers, so spoiler tag just in case....

I get that Aru was absorbed by Mother, and then Hitsugi seperated them after the battle in Chapter 7. And when they were joined, Aru's power somehow created the ESCA Falz that you fight in story-mode and the raid. But from what I heard audio-wise (I don't speak Japanese) they made it sound like if there's a Profound Darkness, there has to be a Profound Brightness, or another version of Profound in this world - which is Mother (light), aka Xion. And that Aru is the Profound. Is this right? When the episode started and we were introducted to Hitsugi and her avatar (Aru), her avatar already became or was Profound or a Falz? So ... based on his costume even when he awakens, Aru is the newest Falz? Was he, like, corrupted because the Player took in so much darkness to save Matoi at the end of episode 2, that during those 2 years, Hitsugi's avatar became corrupt equalling the new Falz? It sounds kind of like what happened with Demise and Apprentice - two bodies (Apprentice is looking for her real body on Lilipa? and possessed/corrupted Afin's sister)?

loafhero
Jan 15, 2017, 08:34 PM
To make this as easily understandable as possible:

Aru started off as nothing more than Hitsugi's PSO2 avatar that she originally "possessed" to directly enter PSO2. A no-named Dark Falz shaped like a regular human attacked and almost took control of Hitsugi while she was in her avatar. The Player saved her from corruption by using his/her new purifying power to purify the Dark Falz out of her. Hitsugi, in a panic, "logs out" of PSO2 before Player could complete the purifying process.

The result of this rushed incident led to Aru being "born" as a sentient being regarded as a fusion between Photons, Aether and Dark Falz energy.

Why is his Esca Falz costume that of a cat boy, though? Dunno. EP4's Story has been really gross at some points.

Kondibon
Jan 15, 2017, 09:41 PM
Why is his Esca Falz costume that of a cat boy, though? Dunno. EP4's Story has been really gross at some points.
All the falz had some sort of motif, so the cat ear looking things on his head aren't that weird, and I doubt they mean something anymore weird than Aprentice's bug eye hair things, or double's face gloves.

loafhero
Jan 15, 2017, 10:50 PM
All the falz had some sort of motif, so the cat ear looking things on his head aren't that weird, and I doubt they mean something anymore weird than Aprentice's bug eye hair things, or double's face gloves.

You know goddamn well what I find weird about Aru's Dark Falz outfit!

The other Falzes motifs made sense... well, maybe except for Elder's motif (what do sea creatures and a Gorilla have to do with his character anyway?). Apprentice controls insect-based Darkers and it fits her parasitic nature of wanting to preserve her youth and beauty at the cost of others. Loser wanted to be omniscient and angels tend to be associated with omniscient beings. His final form being more bird than angel at least can be interpreted as a reflection of Loser's twisted view of omniscience. Double eats stuff, nuff said.

What do cat ears, short pants and a tail have to do with Aru? Hitsugi and Kohri's perverted shota fetish? At least the other Falzes were never that embarrassing in both concept and motif.

Zysets
Jan 15, 2017, 11:34 PM
You know goddamn well what I find weird about Aru's Dark Falz outfit!

The other Falzes motifs made sense... well, maybe except for Elder's motif (what do sea creatures and a Gorilla have to do with his character anyway?). Apprentice controls insect-based Darkers and it fits her parasitic nature of wanting to preserve her youth and beauty at the cost of others. Loser wanted to be omniscient and angels tend to be associated with omniscient beings. His final form being more bird than angel at least can be interpreted as a reflection of Loser's twisted view of omniscience. Double eats stuff, nuff said.

What do cat ears, short pants and a tail have to do with Aru? Hitsugi and Kohri's perverted shota fetish? At least the other Falzes were never that embarrassing in both concept and motif.

I mean maybe Aru would have had feline darkers, we never really get to see his "Falz" aspects. Plus I guess Aru is more innocent and childish compared to the rest, and his outfit did reflect that somewhat. Still stupid looking though.

I did a bit of back-reading here on this thread but I couldn't find it. Not sure if this question/idea is spoilers, so spoiler tag just in case....

Also, about the "Profound Light" or whatever, go play Phantasy Star IV, it's an awesome game and has the original appearance of PD, as well as it's mirror, the Great Light, and a lot of aspects of PSO2's Falz and PD is taken from PSIV, like how many aspects of Ep4 have been taken from PSII.

Back to PSO2 canon, Xion is technically agreed upon to be the "Great Light" of PSO2. The being who corrupts Hitsugi and Aru is just a seed of Falz. PD probably intended to make another Falz to help it break out of it's predicament of being trapped in a time loop. It sent the "seed" out to give birth to a new Falz, but unfortunately the player happened to be there and Hitsugi "logging out" complicated matters to the point that the "Falz", Aru, wasn't even a proper Falz.

loafhero
Jan 15, 2017, 11:42 PM
But did Aru's Falz form have to look so blatantly fetishized? The cat ears alone would have been enough. The other Falzes at least looked more professional.

The Dark Falz in EP4 didn't even have a motif or name or any kind of distinct feature so its rather odd that Aru's Falz form even has a motif to begin with.

oratank
Jan 15, 2017, 11:45 PM

yeah...Hitsugi and Kohri's perverted shota fetish the closest theory we have

ZerotakerZX
Jan 16, 2017, 12:53 AM
I'm the only one who really enjoy Aru's catboy outfit? Beside Hitsugi and Kohri of course

Enforcer MKV
Jan 16, 2017, 01:04 AM
I'm the only one who really enjoy Aru's catboy outfit? Beside Hitsugi and Kohri of course

Probably. Saw a few people who haven't ever let this game get to them be blatantly angry at Aru's....uh...."outfit."

It's not something I've seen people be positive about. At least from what I've gathered.

ZerotakerZX
Jan 16, 2017, 01:26 AM
Probably. Saw a few people who haven't ever let this game get to them be blatantly angry at Aru's....uh...."outfit."

It's not something I've seen people be positive about. At least from what I've gathered.

Damn I'm special!

loafhero
Jan 16, 2017, 01:57 AM
I feel like I'd be more okay with Aru's shota cat boy outfit if the random Dark Falz in the beginning had the appearance of a not-intimidating but clearly evil cat. Something akin to Kyubey from Madoka Magica except with the Dark Falz color scheme.

Renvalt
Jan 16, 2017, 04:05 AM
Well, the thing about Aru's Falz outfit is that the color motif is different than the other Falzes - his outfit's black and blue, opposed to the black and pink/purple of the other Falzes.

Black cats in Japan are seen as more of a sign of good luck, rather than a bad omen (though his outfit could be invoking both, tbh). What I actually believe his outfit is supposed to embody is curiosity and purity. Being born into a world you know nothing about, with no memory, no idea of who you are, where you're from or how things work, you're generally going to be very... inquisitive about your surroundings. This fits into the cat motif because curiosity is often a trait associated with cats (particularly the phrase "Curiosity killed the cat").

Of course, Aru being what he is (and as old as he is), he's not going to know any better, which immediately invokes naivete (as well as a degree of lenience for anything he does wrong). In some ways, he's basically Hitsugi's "pet", but not in the dirty manner that you would think a pet would be. Perhaps a "sibling" would be closer to what he is. In some ways, perhaps he was a manifestation of Hitsugi's desire to have someone who would look up to her (not surprising, she only has an older brother after all). I mean, I can totally understand why she'd want a younger sibling - it tends to surface in a lot of people who don't have one (be they only children or younger members of a multi-child family) - and Enga being the nagging older brother, she probably wished for something different.

So I think Aru's "Falz" form has less to do with his Falz-ness and more to do with the fact of his existence as a whole. That's my take on it, at least.

loafhero
Jan 16, 2017, 05:20 AM
Huh, that actually makes sense. Aru, especially once he's transported to Oracle, has always kept asking questions about stuff out of curiosity and Hitsugi, after having Aru call her sister, did say she always wanted a little brother as in someone to look up to and depend on her. I can see how that fits with the cat motif... too bad the overall design still looks utterly dumb.

I mean, I really could not maintain a straight face at all whenever he's in any scene with that outfit on especially during "serious" scenes where any sense of tension is broken by his stupid appearance. I had the same feeling during scenes in EP3 that feature Matoi in her awful EP3 outfit.

Its different with a character like Huey whose stupidly large and impractical shoulder pads actually works with his character (and as of EP4, over-the-top hairstyle). He's meant to be a laughing stock with a huge zeal for traditional Japanese hero appearance and behaviour so when he gets serious in a scene, it actually feels serious.

oratank
Jan 16, 2017, 05:22 AM
cat form is fine but his shota short pant is ridiculous.sega can do it better but they just need fanservice for girl

loafhero
Jan 16, 2017, 06:23 AM
Yeah, agreed. His cat ears are sort of fine. Its those shorts and shoes of his that are so downright awful to look at.

udon-GE
Jan 16, 2017, 06:27 AM
probably beast themed darkers

loafhero
Jan 16, 2017, 06:48 AM
probably beast themed darkers

So Nab Natives with a coat of black and red, then?

Nyansan
Jan 16, 2017, 07:06 AM
cat form is fine but his shota short pant is ridiculous.sega can do it better but they just need fanservice for girl

If they wanted to add fanservice for girls, they need to reveal Enga's ascended form faster :wacko:
Seriously though, the whole 'catboy falz' suit would be better if they made the shorts look less like hot pants.

Moffen
Jan 16, 2017, 07:14 AM
I just thought they gave aru catlike features because cats seem to be the companion pet of choice for most girls ._.

loafhero
Jan 16, 2017, 07:24 AM
I just thought they gave aru catlike features because cats seem to be the companion pet of choice for most girls ._.

Doesn't seem to be a problem to Kohri, though.

Kondibon
Jan 16, 2017, 09:27 AM
Yeah, agreed. His cat ears are sort of fine. Its those shorts and shoes of his that are so downright awful to look at.While I agree they look ugly, fetishized isn't the way I'd put it.

Altiea
Jan 16, 2017, 12:51 PM

As far as I know, Apprentice's hair clips were actually meant to be visors...

Zysets
Jan 16, 2017, 01:52 PM
As far as I know, Apprentice's hair clips were actually meant to be visors...

Yeah concept art shows them as Visors that move over her eyes in a "Battle Mode" but they never did that in the game.

Kondibon
Jan 16, 2017, 02:17 PM
As far as I know, Apprentice's hair clips were actually meant to be visors...My point is that they fit with the insect theme by looking like bug eyes, so the idea that Aru has weird cat ear things on his head isn't out of place and probably isn't meant to be a "fetish" anymore than those bug eyes. We never even got to see what kind of darkers he would have had if any.

Zysets
Jan 16, 2017, 03:14 PM
Honestly I feel like his shorts are too small but besides that his outfit was pretty spot on for making him look innocent and like a younger brother. I like his outfit overall, it really wasn't that bad in my opinion.

He's supposed to be a kid, the cute get up is kind of fitting, and I don't think it's really fetishy at all. It got kind of distracting and looks kind of dumb but it's alright.

silo1991
Jan 16, 2017, 04:07 PM
if aru ever had darkers to summon it would been mammals , but im sure it wont come because it was sure the necessity of recycle of naberius natives . now am i thinking do you guys think the phantom bears , rats , boxers and buffalos were going to be his minions originally? like i said before all the phantoms so far give me the feels that they are discarted concepts for already existing families :/

Poyonche
Jan 16, 2017, 04:28 PM
all the phantoms so far give me the feels that they are discarted concepts for already existing families :/

This would explain why some people think that EP4 is trash. :wacko:

silo1991
Jan 16, 2017, 04:48 PM

in artistic terms yes

Zysets
Jan 16, 2017, 04:56 PM
if aru ever had darkers to summon it would been mammals , but im sure it wont come because it was sure the necessity of recycle of naberius natives . now am i thinking do you guys think the phantom bears , rats , boxers and buffalos were going to be his minions originally? like i said before all the phantoms so far give me the feels that they are discarted concepts for already existing families :/

Eh I don't think so. I see Phantoms more as Earth's native creatures, both plot wise and gameplay wise. They don't replace Darker minions in anyway, as evidenced by the fact we got Darkers back on Earth anyways. I mean I don't think any of the animal type Phantoms even feel like they'd be fitting as "Darker" like enemies.

At worst, most Phantoms just feel out of place compared to the rest of the game, just like Earth itself. Though I do like both, personally.

veraca
Jan 16, 2017, 05:44 PM
I like Aru's Falz outfit... but it reminds me of the lance boy from CLOSERS and other games. Showing age by having shorts is pretty common in Japan and what not. Especially if we're to assume Aru is super young, which he is, then putting him in shorts like say Detective Conan when he's a kid kind of fits. It's the hot pants look that I guess does look a bit out of place, but I like it.
Plotwise, I wonder if he has such different colorings due to being a mix of Falz, Aether and Photons. There's also potential I think for him to have a Darker and use it in a battle on Hitsugi's side.

I've not played the other PS's so this is all pretty new to me. I've understood most of it so far, but the time travel did mess me up a bit. I was starting to think Mother was a young version of Xion, not a clone, since scenes before her have that black and white screen blip before they start - kind of like it's a time travel thing. But I also think it was weird how Matoi found the player out of nowhere and came to save the day .... (but I think that's a plot thing from Ep3)

Zysets
Jan 16, 2017, 06:55 PM
I've not played the other PS's so this is all pretty new to me. I've understood most of it so far, but the time travel did mess me up a bit. I was starting to think Mother was a young version of Xion, not a clone, since scenes before her have that black and white screen blip before they start - kind of like it's a time travel thing. But I also think it was weird how Matoi found the player out of nowhere and came to save the day .... (but I think that's a plot thing from Ep3)

The blip, like the blue line that goes across the screen between scenes? That's just to show that the scene is changing from Hitsugi on Earth to player on ORACLE.

And if by matoi coming to save the day, you mean when you fight Mother, I'm guessing she just knew because Sierra told her to go help out, she IS the player's partner, for the most part.

loafhero
Jan 16, 2017, 08:26 PM
Yeah concept art shows them as Visors that move over her eyes in a "Battle Mode" but they never did that in the game.

Oh, man. Not another cool concept thrown into the bin. It would've been so cool to see that. They could have also carried over that "Visor Mode" look to Eucrita's current appearance as a pair of retractable sunglasses. Its not like Eucrita gave up the insect motif with her ARKS outfit and given her cool "bitch" personality along with her using guns, sunglasses wouldn't feel out of place with her.

Xierra's glasses are sort of the same thing too.

While I agree they look ugly, fetishized isn't the way I'd put it.

Well, without the proper context (Hitsugi and Kohri), yes.

And if by matoi coming to save the day, you mean when you fight Mother, I'm guessing she just knew because Sierra told her to go help out, she IS the player's partner, for the most part.

Still didn't make sense that Matoi didn't join the party at the beginning. It wouldn't have been the first time the Player infiltrated a Mothership with a 5-man party (MB 2-5).

Zysets
Jan 16, 2017, 10:45 PM
Still didn't make sense that Matoi didn't join the party at the beginning. It wouldn't have been the first time the Player infiltrated a Mothership with a 5-man party (MB 2-5).

Honestly I'm disappointed about that too. Having Matoi there could have helped with developing Hitsugi, she could have been a much better "Mentor" character than the player, because she can actually talk. Plus, I just like Matoi, it's always great to have moments with the Player and Matoi working together, it's only fair considering their past.

loafhero
Jan 16, 2017, 11:19 PM
That would've been nice but the Story went "Nope!" on that and Matoi gets relegated to having no relevant input to the scene at the end just like the Player has for most of the Story.

I'm now convinced that staying quiet and doing nothing in the background most of the time is part of a Guardians job.

Zysets
Jan 16, 2017, 11:45 PM
I mean from the very beginning of PSO2 Sega hasn't been the best at this sort of thing, so it doesn't particularly bother me as much anymore, but it's still really disappointing. PSU (and it's portable spin offs) handled silent player characters a bit better imo, wish it felt more like that.

Xaeris
Jan 17, 2017, 12:16 AM
On that note, I would have liked to see a small difference in the order of events following 4-7. Rather than us defeating Mother and then promptly standing back like prop scenery while plot revelations are afoot, I would have liked it if Racing the Phantom Mother had been sewn in, like how big boss EQs from past episodes were sewn into chain of events. That way, our characters' lack of participation can be explained by the fact that we'd be off chasing after Mother's apparition. Way it could happen is that, right after Hitsugi comes back from talking Mother down, Xiera would interrupt with her spiel about Esca Mother reembodying itself and how player-chan needs to address it immediately. You need to tweak a few details for Esca Mother to be able to reembody herself with Mother still alive, but that's a small matter. Since no one on Team Earth is old enough to drive at night, it's a job for Arks, Team Earth gets left behind to have their happy reunion while player-chan is off doing the EQ. After player-chan and Matoi leave, Ardem comes in with his cheap shot and the scene unfolds normally from there.

loafhero
Jan 17, 2017, 01:24 AM
That would at least make Player and Matoi look less stupid. I wouldn't mind only Team Earth being made to look like idiots during that whole Ardem betrayal scene because I have already decided that the Earth characters (good and bad guys) are morons and that such idiotic actions are par for the course for them.

I mean from the very beginning of PSO2 Sega hasn't been the best at this sort of thing, so it doesn't particularly bother me as much anymore, but it's still really disappointing. PSU (and it's portable spin offs) handled silent player characters a bit better imo, wish it felt more like that.

But its noticeably worse here in EP4 compared to EP1-3. You know EP4 screwed up badly if it made EP1 look like it did a better job in making the Player feel more relevant.

Great Pan
Jan 17, 2017, 04:16 AM
Next update, we Bayonetta now.

Golgotha
Jan 17, 2017, 04:49 AM
Ep4 would have been 100% great, if dying bears and helicopters would fume red mist instead of blue cubes. (c) pso-world

That would at least make Player and Matoi look less stupid. I wouldn't mind only Team Earth being made to look like idiots during that whole Ardem betrayal scene because I have already decided that the Earth characters (good and bad guys) are morons and that such idiotic actions are par for the course for them.
You can't make them look less stupid by just that, if everyones' perception is significantly degraded when it comes to Earth.
You need exclusive Adam's directions for finding any sort of location, and even Arks intel can't guess what is going wrong, even if they suspect something.

"Dudes, my Ether camera not working for the first time in this deciding moment, but good luck on your terminal stage of operation. No you can't quickly teleport to my place to see whats wrong."

And Its funny, because Adam didn't betray anyone, technically.
Arks agreed to help Earth Guide in defeating Mother, and they did. There wasn't any sort of special clause where we definitely should be able to bring sense into her, hold hands and prance back into our dimension to live happily ever after.

Its like something is about to go out of order, and you come to clean up only when its absolutely FUBAR. Like for example you won't touch Mother until it infests its body with blue roaches, and you can't defuse Adam until he is going to screw himself and planet up.

Everyone was intentionally silly from the very beginning. Either because Arks supposed to be naive due to meeting for the first time a decently developed civilization that learned how to lie, or because it was the only way to give food to gameplay quests at all. Since any other direction would lead to carpet bombing the planet first and resolving problem at its roots. Which, sadly, doesn't give any reasoning for immortal rogue creatures reappearing to cause destruction on every planet in both universes.

But to be fair, Ep4 isn't exactly different from Ep2, for instance, where sixpil and pretty much everyone else will do nothing and even oppose you, when you try to mingle with a steadily worsening situation, which lingers like a gangrene until its finally time to chop the dying limb off.

oratank
Jan 17, 2017, 04:53 AM
still wonder why sega didn't add bayanetta2 collab when the game came out. nintendo license are too strict?

loafhero
Jan 17, 2017, 07:18 AM
But to be fair, Ep4 isn't exactly different from Ep2, for instance, where sixpil and pretty much everyone else will do nothing and even oppose you, when you try to mingle with a steadily worsening situation, which lingers like a gangrene until its finally time to chop the dying limb off.

At least EP2 had the Avis mind control thing as an excuse for why suddenly everyone else has their murder sights on you and half of the CoS actually helped you.

silo1991
Jan 17, 2017, 02:36 PM
At worst, most Phantoms just feel out of place compared to the rest of the game, just like Earth itself. Though I do like both, personally.

not to mention the ESCA darkers most of them are just reskins , there is no difference on how to kill them or anything to watch out and also about the phantoms i was talking about gameplay terms , well it's just my opinion in that theme

Zysets
Jan 17, 2017, 05:29 PM
not to mention the ESCA darkers most of them are just reskins , there is no difference on how to kill them or anything to watch out and also about the phantoms i was talking about gameplay terms , well it's just my opinion in that theme

Storywise I feel like ESC-A Darkers made sense as reskins, but from a gameplay standpoint that was kind of disappointing. Can't wait to see the new enemies with Ardem now though, the data mined icons looked interesting.

Golgotha
Jan 19, 2017, 04:31 AM
Angels seem to have same skeleton as Luther's Soruda troopers, I wouldn't be surprised if they shared the moveset too.
Some escadarkers have a few mean moves extending over darker versions, namely force slashes. I'd rather have that than exclusive original model.

At least EP2 had the Avis mind control thing as an excuse for why suddenly everyone else has their murder sights on you and half of the CoS actually helped you.

And you were still precisely late to the shitshow, where oracle replacement, Luther disposal and Abyss cancellation was done by someone else.
I mean its exactly made like that to leave you out of the mess, to make player sort of "victim" of situation instead of leaving the guilt on his shoulders. It reminds me of Diablo 3, where story progression is shaped in such a way that you basically roll to the disaster through 3 acts, and its all going to hell (sic) only because you have let it and you had no choice but to do it again and again.

Given that story justification in PSO2 works about the same way, player is always presented as some sort of passive actor enduring another crisis, so you could finally live to the "snap" (Spilling Magatsu out, inhaling PD when Matoi is around, oppose phantoms hunting Hitsugi IRL, waiting for Adam to do human complementation), finally pick up your lazy ass and interject to turn complete ruination of everything into a slightly smaller detritus, and hope others come up with a solution too.

mickbis
Jan 25, 2017, 03:24 AM
Angel is much more annoying than Luther Soruda troop in my opinion after finished today storyboard
and I believe that there're two-three type of them according to their color
the close combat one and the one that spam spell
I need to go back and check again

Kondibon
Jan 25, 2017, 03:33 AM
Oh yeah... The servers are up now huh...?

Xaeris
Jan 25, 2017, 03:59 AM
Weak to Dark. lol. You get a Gimegid and you get a Gimegid, everyone gets a Gimegid! Walking into that mission expecting Wind weak mobs made me pick the wrong build though, so that took longer than necessary.

Can we please take a brief moment to acknowledge just how out of place this guy's face is amongst the rest of the the cast?
[spoiler-box]
http://i.imgur.com/MlXSe8G.jpg
[/spoiler-box]
"I'd never cheat on Matoi, but...damn girl."
[spoiler-box]
http://i.imgur.com/m5LxNzW.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/X6bRl61.jpg
[/spoiler-box]
On a related note, it was interesting to see Phaleg express an emotion besides amusement in Vegas. I'm anxious to see the translated script and see the specifics of what she's saying.

oratank
Jan 25, 2017, 04:21 AM
well i can't help. matoi don't have much about her asset

Kondibon
Jan 25, 2017, 04:26 AM
Not according to the fanart I've seen. :wacko:

Xaeris
Jan 25, 2017, 04:28 AM
milkpanda really likes drawing Matoi.

Vatallus
Jan 25, 2017, 04:49 AM
Some of that fan art doe.

nguuuquaaa
Jan 25, 2017, 05:01 AM
Angel is much more annoying than Luther Soruda troop in my opinion after finished today storyboard
and I believe that there're two-three type of them according to their color
the close combat one and the one that spam spell
I need to go back and check again

Maron normal atk stunlocks angels to death :wacko:
I don't think they are that annoying, at least not at the level of Hagito.

loafhero
Jan 25, 2017, 05:13 AM

Ffs, Player! Knock her up/find a donor already!

milkpanda really likes drawing Matoi.

Yeah but it gets really boring since milkpanda's Matoi art always has her with the exact same expression. It... gets a little creepy after a certain point.

Vatallus
Jan 25, 2017, 05:15 AM
The angels were extremely weak to panic. Almost always getting panic'd after the first hit of Ragrants. Might be future info worth knowing.

Poyonche
Jan 25, 2017, 07:35 AM
So why is the Hitsugi gang bowing to Player ? Are they joining ARKS ?

Lyrise
Jan 25, 2017, 07:42 AM
Because while they mention that this situation is solely the Earth's problem, they need your (and by extension ARKS) help, so they're asking for it.

CoWorker
Jan 25, 2017, 07:44 AM
Weak to Dark. lol. You get a Gimegid and you get a Gimegid, everyone gets a Gimegid! Walking into that mission expecting Wind weak mobs made me pick the wrong build though, so that took longer than necessary.
incoming Weak-to-Dark Raid Boss :wacko:

loafhero
Jan 25, 2017, 08:26 AM
I like the Angel Phantoms design. Really wish the Phantoms stuck to this cool design theme from the start of EP4. The Knight-Angel theme would have worked as a nice contrast to the darkness-themed Darkers.

Was half-expecting Matoi to suddenly appear behind Player, with her red eyes glowing with murderous intent directed towards Phaleg while putting up a smile, when Phaleg walked in way too close to Player. Seriously, SEGA. Give me Matoi v Phaleg already!

Because while they mention that this situation is solely the Earth's problem, they need your (and by extension ARKS) help, so they're asking for it.

Kinda makes sense. By this point, the Mother shenanigans are over and there isn't anything ARKS should worry about from Earth any more. The Ardem problem is only Earth's problem since it is just one fancily dressed asshole messing with his fellow Earthlings however he wants.

Kondibon
Jan 25, 2017, 08:34 AM
I like the Angel Phantoms design. Really wish the Phantoms stuck to this cool design theme from the start of EP4.As someone who unironically likes most of the phantom enemies.
http://i.imgur.com/avuKs1T.jpg

oratank
Jan 25, 2017, 08:36 AM
Was half-expecting Matoi to suddenly appear behind Player, with her red eyes glowing with murderous intent directed towards Phaleg while putting up a smile, when Phaleg walked in way too close to Player. Seriously, SEGA. Give me Matoi v Phaleg already!

so Matoi aslo a yandere type

Zeroem
Jan 25, 2017, 08:58 AM
Yada yada quick translation yada yada amateur works yada yada read with grain of salt or wait for YT.

152-C

- Ardem wondered why Enga from all people did not understand his reasoning.
- Ophiel barged and said that they (as in Enga and ARKS) would be difficult to be reasoned with. Ardem reminded Ophiel that without them, they cannot reach to this stage.
- One of the Earth Guide barged in and talked about a communication from ARKS and accompanied with some serious question about Ardem's action. Ardem said that there's no need to answer ARKS' question.
- Ardem then asked the Earth Guide about the progress about something, and the EG member answered with ten years.
- EG member also talked about how Ardem gave him a new power and a new reason. Ardem simply corrected him that it was for Earth's evolution.
- After that, Ardem brandished his sword, then inviting this EG member to 'evolve to perfection', citing that a new world need a fitting shape.
- Green orb envelop the EG member, and the EG member yelled in pain before transforming into Angel and died.
- Ophiel came and asked what is Ardem doing. Ardem simply answered that he's feeding the EG member aethers and realizing the image of evolution in that member's body. A.k.a. forced evolution.
- Ophiel remarked about distortions might occured and there would be no body as a result. Ardem simply replied that to reach evolution, sacrifices are inevitable.
- After that, Ardem and Ophiel prepared to leave. "To make this star reborn" [/SPOILER-BOX]

153-C
[SPOILER-BOX]- Back in the bridge, Xiella explained that after Ardem leaving them behind back in moon, connection with EG headquarters at Las Vegas are cut off, and the remaining EG are asking ARKS about what happened. Xiella concluded that even EG have no idea about Ardem's true goal.
- Enga getting riled up, wondering if Ardem used him this whole time. Phaleg simply replied that Ardem won't understand Enga's logic. For all they care, Ardem is fully convinced that he's on the good side.
"Mother is using her power to do bad things on Earth, take control of her power and use its power [S]to make Earth great againfor the sake of Earth. Isn't that the best course for the planet? Isn't that absolute justice?"
- Kohri asked whether what Ardem wanted to do with Mother's power is to make Earth evolving. Phaleg simply replied that Ardem's goal is to create the paradise again on Earth. Phaleg also remarked that the absence of God in modern days and the loss of the paradise really take the toll on Ardem, even after he was expelled.
- Enga asked why Phaleg knew so much about Ardem; Phaleg simply replied that she and Ardem already fighting for a looooong time, and she wanted to finish him before this happened. Yet, she cannot pinpoint why she felt like that.
- Hitsugi asked whether Phaleg are really going to kill Ardem. Phaleg replied that there is only that for the conclusion, and asked back whether Hitsugi was ready to kill a former friend.
- Hitsugi answered that what she can only do is to move forward now. She did feel angry and resentful at Ardem; but she decided to listen to Ardem's piece of story and stop his plan anyway.
- Phaleg simply smiled and asked Hitsugi's name.
- After that, Phaleg ended the conversation, saying that while she and them (you plus ARKS plus Hitsugi's merry bunch)would be always on opposite side, their goals intersect.
- And with that, Phaleg asked you to accompany her back to Earth.
"Sending visitors back without escorts is just uncivilized, yes?"[/SPOILER-BOX]

mickbis
Jan 25, 2017, 10:14 AM
really feel sad to all those Earth Guide turn angel....
they believe they fight the evil esca phantom for justice
and in the end all of them will be wipe of humanity by turning into a mindless angel...

Zeroem
Jan 25, 2017, 10:24 AM
The rest of the story update. Same disclaimer as always.

154-C
[SPOILER-BOX]- Back on the chair (seriously, what's with this chair, Earthlings, and motivations?) Enga sit alone. Hitsugi approached him.
- Enga asked what is she doing here. Hitsugi just asked Enga to move aside a little.
- Hitsugi answered that she wanted to check on her older brother. She asked whether Enga suspected Ardem from beginning.
- Enga just said that he's....moved by Ardem's words. With his words that really on spiritual level. He thought that perhaps it's the reason why they formed Earth Guide.
- Enga added that he's the same as her. Deeply moved by some big words. Enga also wondered whether Earth Guide is formed with Mother Cluster as basis, then said what it doesn't matter now.
- Hitsugi replied with angry look. Enga answered with what the hell with the angry look. Hitsugi just replied that it would be better is she did not speak frankly.
- Enga just answered that unlike certain someone, he never put it alone or holding it. Hitsugi replied that Kohri is troublesome.
- Enga said that perhaps Mother see Earth as a noisy planet, and ARKS is a nice annoyance. he also added that this problem is purely on Earth's side.
- Hitsugi added that Enga should rely on her more, because like he said; you should rely on your family more.
- Enga just said that while he did not depend on anyone, he can rely on the reliable ones.
- With that, Enga asked for Hitsugi's assistance. The conversation is ended with a hi-5 between brother and sister.[/SPOILER-BOX]

155-C
[SPOILER-BOX]- Xiela is visited by Aru and Kohri, which is quite an unique combination.
- Aru said that he's spotting his brother and sister(read: Enga and Hitsugi) talked to each other when Kohri suddenly grabbed him. Kohri said that she's helping in not breaking the air between brother and sister.
- While she was here, Kohri asked Xiela about ARKS stance regarding Ardem's case. Xiela asked whether Kohri want to ask if ARKS would intervene or not.
- Xiela said that while Aru and Mother are ARKS' problem; Ardem's action are purely Earth's problem. With that, there's no reason for ARKS to use its power on this case.
- ......But Xiela added that since Ardem's actions are related to Aru's rescue and Mother's existence; ARKS will give its full support. Even Xiela already have the seal of approval from Ulc.
- Xiela then asked whether Kohri was nervous about what if ARKS won't helping them. Aru just said that it won't happen since ARKS and Earthings are companions, and companions help each other.
- After that, Xiela said that she personally interested with Earth's technology, especially PSO2. Kohri let out her notVita, and Xiela begged to Kohri for lending her the notVita.
- Xiela then examined the notVita, add some remarks, and said that with this, the ARKS' cooperation is sealed. Kohri wondered if ARKS' command authority is this lenient. Xiela said that it was a joke, and for matter like asking cooperation, lenient is good.
- Suddenly alarm sounded on Earth. Xiela noted that there's increase of aether in abnormal number in all of Earth; almost like the Earth was covered with aether.
- Aru had a panic attack and asked to call everyone quickly. He also remarked that he have to stop "that"[/SPOILER-BOX]

156 to 157-C
[SPOILER-BOX]- Meanwhile on Vegas, Phaleg thanked you for the escort. She forgot that she didn't meant to thank you and asked to fight her. Phaleg just smiled and said that was a joke.
"It was not the right time to fighting"
- Phaleg then continued talking about how Hitsugi grown to be a different person than the one she saw in the past.
- She also noted that everyone have the strong will to have their own will. And it's human.
- Phaleg thanked you for helping them to change. Suddenly, earthquake strike Vegas.
- One random EG member approach them before exploding into Angel.
- After dispatching them, Phaleg just remarked that what happened before their eyes is the result of Ardem's power. When you forcibly evolve things, it cannot adapt itself to the change and become a monster as of a result.
- Before leaving, Phaleg simply said that is an action that against every human being, and how it was a blasphemy. She also said that she won't wait for Hitsugi's response anymore.[/SPOILER-BOX]

158-C
[SPOILER-BOX]- Back on the bridge, you explained your encounter with Angel.
- Xiela noted that the process of 'evolution' is similar to how Darker was formed.
- Xiela also noted that when that happened on Vegas, the whole Earth's aethers is increased.
- Xiela already informed Matoi and Six Heroes, but she's afraid of the momentum that's nowhere close to stopping.
- Aru added that aether is screaming because of the forced change, as if the whole star was going to change.
- Kohri remembered about Phaleg's word earlier and wondered if Ardem is implementing a god.
- Hitsugi then realized that the fastest way to create a new world......is to become the god of genesis.
- Kohri wondered if it can be done; Hitsugi just put her aether makeup and said that aether is making imagination came true.
- You got 2 choices, first is to conclude yourself that you want to stop him, and the second one is throwing a remark to Enga about what you want to do (not in question, but in sentence).
- Enga wanted to stop Ardem. But he realized that his power is not enough. Even with Hitsugi as backup, it's not enough.
- With that, he bowed to you, asking for your assistance. Everyone else soon follow.
- Xiela wondered if earthlings are just that responsible or its the race.
- Xiela and you both agreed in cooperating with Earthlings to stop Ardem.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Annnyway....
- God of Genesis, eh? This is going to be interesting, for various reasons. I can already hear scientology peeps cheering in the background and some salts incoming.
- Also, EQ boss weak to dark hype!

mickbis
Jan 25, 2017, 10:53 AM
The continent we see in the PV is most likely Ardem's "Paradise" Phaleg mentioned ....
this is pretty much confirmed that Ardem will be the final boss
unless Phaleg mess it up instead

loafhero
Jan 25, 2017, 11:20 AM
Ardem is already starting to check nearly every anime god complex villain cliche down: Fancy clothes in white? Check. Wanting to create a utopia? Check. Overuse of honeyed words? Check. The "ends justify the means" line? Check. Mindless and monstrous-looking minions contradicting his utopia image? Check.

Now all he has to do is to transform into a super mode that is mixture of angelic and ugly followed by a "surprise" second, third or more form just to check out the "This isn't even my final form!" cliche followed by sounding like a maniac when he's losing.

Meteor Weapon
Jan 25, 2017, 02:56 PM
Lost Paradise, what else is a lost paradise other than Eden, Atlantis and the Continent of Mu. I hope the new field of the next chapter would have interesting assets for us see.

Ardem would probably get the name Olga in his boss form considering the meaning of the word and how he percieved himself.

Olga
Derived from Old Scandinavian and means 'holy'. Commonly used name in Ukrainian and Russian.
Olga is a commonly used name in Slavic counties.

Good enough reason for Sega to use that name again for a final boss. Last time they used was Olga Spiritus and Olga Angelus/Olga Anastasis in phantasy star portable 2

Olga Ardem?
Olga Genesis?

We'll find out soon enough.

silo1991
Jan 25, 2017, 03:24 PM
not to mention he will be the first raid boss who will be vulnerable to dark damage , i wonder if poison would affect him in some way just like loser with mirage

Poyonche
Jan 25, 2017, 04:38 PM
Olga Ardem?
Olga Genesis?

We'll find out soon enough.

Olga Flow Darwin ! :wacko:
I would see the quest title as something as : "The Fallen Divinity(or Creator) : [Ardem]"
Of course the [] would imply that Ardem turns into a Falz-like (Falz again...) or another big bad thingy that want to nomnom Earth.

Zysets
Jan 25, 2017, 05:04 PM
I feel like the scene where Hitsugi cuts away the Dark Falz energy ruined the chance for Ardem to be a Dark Falz. Unless I misunderstood the dialogue, I play in Japanese, but it's not my native language.

Zeroem
Jan 25, 2017, 05:55 PM
I feel like the scene where Hitsugi cuts away the Dark Falz energy ruined the chance for Ardem to be a Dark Falz. Unless I misunderstood the dialogue, I play in Japanese, but it's not my native language.

There shouldn't be any Darker trace left on Mother post-sealing-and-slash, so the Mother's power that Ardem use now should be pure aether.

Dileth
Jan 25, 2017, 06:32 PM
Now that I think about it, Ardem is somewhat reverse Dr. Malcolm Betruger from Doom 3. Still evil, but angels instead of demons. And without the charm Betruger had.

Suirano
Jan 26, 2017, 03:03 AM
Kind of interesting they are weak to dark. Incoming Orga Angelus type boss? I am curious what kind of cliched giant angelic being the raid boss will appear as.

Xaeris
Jan 26, 2017, 04:57 AM
Kind of interesting they are weak to dark. Incoming Orga Angelus type boss? I am curious what kind of cliched giant angelic being the raid boss will appear as.

[spoiler-box]
http://i.imgur.com/Sw49hbb.png
[/spoiler-box]
But no, seriously Sega, Bayonetta collab when?

Zephyrion
Jan 26, 2017, 05:37 AM

Kohri and co actually say that the way Ardem uses Ether to corrupt and turn people into monsters reminds them of what Darkers do (Sierra confirms that Ether being similar to photons, they can both do the same thing).. Sooo basically it confirms that Ardem will be an ried and true megalomaniac Ether Falz (mama doesn't really count here)

loafhero
Jan 26, 2017, 10:09 AM
I'm starting to get sick and tired of hearing variations of the "Aether and Photons are mostly the same but slightly different" line and every goddamn time Hitsugi says another one of her "I don't know but I'll keep moving forward!" lines.

Chalun-k_x_light
Jan 26, 2017, 11:10 AM
I'm starting to get sick and tired of hearing variations of the "Aether and Photons are mostly the same but slightly different" line and every goddamn time Hitsugi says another one of her "I don't know but I'll keep moving forward!" lines.

Well,she's just started to go back to "Bakatsuki" again i'll say.
It's kinda resemble to Player-Chan and Persona-Chan though.
Player-Chan wants to save Matoi while Persona-Chan wants to kill her.
Bakatsuki still believe that Ardem can be saved,while Phaleg believe that killing him is the only way.

Zysets
Jan 26, 2017, 01:22 PM
Kohri and co actually say that the way Ardem uses Ether to corrupt and turn people into monsters reminds them of what Darkers do (Sierra confirms that Ether being similar to photons, they can both do the same thing).. Sooo basically it confirms that Ardem will be an ried and true megalomaniac Ether Falz (mama doesn't really count here)

Yeah I hadn't finished the rest of the scenes when I posted that, did so last night. Can't wait to see another "ESC-A Falz" type thing, hopefully Ardem is like EP4's Falz Loser. (Is there any doubt he will be?)

Meteor Weapon
Jan 26, 2017, 01:48 PM
Well,she's just started to go back to "Bakatsuki" again i'll say.
It's kinda resemble to Player-Chan and Persona-Chan though.
Player-Chan wants to save Matoi while Persona-Chan wants to kill her.
Bakatsuki still believe that Ardem can be saved,while Phaleg believe that killing him is the only way.

You can drop the "chan" by now. It's...a bit weird to read their names like that <:3c

Dualdiamond
Jan 26, 2017, 02:10 PM
You can drop the "chan" by now. It's...a bit weird to read their names like that <:3c

The memories of Bethor must live on.

But anyway, the angels are I guess continuing on with hybrid thing going on with episode 4.

Yamato - phantom + embodied weapon
ESCA Darkers / ESCA Falz - aether + photon + darker
Angel - aether + human
Ardem - probably all of the above in someway eventually. <- Ardem will probably die in the story, and aether will just create phantom clones of him in EQ like Mother.

I was still expecting Yamata no Orochi to come in as some ancient phantom to go with Hitsugi's weapon. But I guess not. Mabey ultimate Earth would do something along those lines with non-ESCA phantoms.

Also, Emerald Tablet can't be the only self-aware embodied weapon right? When is Ame no Murakumo going to start speaking to Hitsugi in some goddess-like anthropomorphic form and do some overpowered slash attack onto Ardem.

Poyonche
Jan 26, 2017, 02:57 PM
When is Ame no Murakumo going to start speaking to Hitsugi

"Listen to me little brat, stop using me to save your stupid pals 'kay ?"

Gestriden
Jan 26, 2017, 03:28 PM
Honestly, and I mentioned this before, with how opposite everything is compared to Darkers, this is going to end up being PSO2's adaptation of "The Great Light"

Zysets
Jan 26, 2017, 05:44 PM
Honestly, and I mentioned this before, with how opposite everything is compared to Darkers, this is going to end up being PSO2's adaptation of "The Great Light"

I honestly disagree, I think Xion was the Great Light. The thing with the great light in PSIV was that it didn't care for the heroes or life on Algol, just it's own goals, which happened to align pretty well with the Heroes' goals. I feel like Xion did a good variation of that, in that she was flawed and was trying to make up for her mistakes with the Photoners throughout Episodes 1-2 (+3 to some extension). She was "all knowing' but still not perfect.

Also considering PD came from Xion, Xion being the Great Light makes more sense. If I had to pick a previous boss that matches Ardem, it might be Olga Flow. With all the forceful mutations into Angels, it reminds me of how Flowen mutated into Flow, same thing is likely to happen to Ardem, but in his case, he gets cocky and loses control, so ARKS steps in.

Again all speculation, but I can see it.

Chalun-k_x_light
Jan 27, 2017, 12:02 AM

The memories of Bethor must live on.

Well,not just Bethor I also get this calling habit because of Terumi from Blazblue.LoL

Also,I think that in the end Ardem will show his breakdown side for sure after his plan is utterly ruined by Player-Chan's hand.

Alenoir
Jan 27, 2017, 01:20 AM

God.

I don't know if the story's been translated, but the current speculation from the story crew is that he's trying to form god of creation or something. Don't know which myth they're going to use or if it's going to be an original.

Zysets
Jan 27, 2017, 01:28 AM
God.

I don't know if the story's been translated, but the current speculation from the story crew is that he's trying to form god of creation or something. Don't know which myth they're going to use or if it's going to be an original.

"Ardem and Ives", Angels, Phaleg literally says Ardem took "getting cast out of paradise" harshly. I'm pretty sure I can tell what "religious mythos" they're going for.

Dualdiamond
Jan 27, 2017, 02:01 AM
God.

It's pretty much guaranteed he's trying to embody the Judeo-Christian god, Yahweh. Although its design will probably borrow something from DF Luther.

Judging by Phaleg's dialogue, and the flow of the story in general. I think an inspiration behind episode 4's story is the phrase "God is dead" by Friedrich Nietzsche. That human beings don't need a god to evolve and advance forward. Hence, Ardem thinks humans right now suck, while Phaleg sees them in their natural beauty.

Hitsugi might call upon and embody Amaterasu or something to defeat him. God on god action. Although I would prefer Ardem to make his paradise and then Yamato comes bursting through an aether portal going Pearl Harbor on his utopia.

Edit: By the way, why is a sentient super computer descended from an Akashic Record so fascinated by a PlayStation Vita.

Zysets
Jan 27, 2017, 02:18 AM
Judging by Phaleg's dialogue, and the flow of the story in general. I think an inspiration behind episode 4's story is the phrase "God is dead" by Friedrich Nietzsche. That human beings don't need a god to evolve and advance forward. Hence, Ardem thinks humans right now suck, while Phaleg sees them in their natural beauty.

I think the Nietzsche quote is over thinking it a bit, but even if it's true, it would still only apply to this "Post-Mother" part of the story, since everything before was basically just the plot of Phantasy Star II but put through the generic anime filter like 1000 times.

Meteor Weapon
Jan 27, 2017, 02:36 AM
Wasn't Olga Flow the forceful merging of the super computer Olga,D-Cells and Flowen himself?

InB4 Ardem needed a super robot just to get the perfect merging.

oratank
Jan 27, 2017, 03:57 AM
Hitsugi might call upon and embody Amaterasu or something to defeat him. God on god action. Although I would prefer Ardem to make his paradise and then Yamato comes bursting through an aether portal going Pearl Harbor on his utopia.

i need an extra large bucket of popcorn before see this event.

Vatallus
Jan 27, 2017, 05:26 AM
He's definitely too weak to become a God of Creation. Until he starts making terrain out of thin air and able to produce creatures by will alone then he is just the aether version of a Dark Falz corrupting people into what he thinks is evolution. Just with fancy words trying to justify his actions.

Kondibon
Jan 27, 2017, 05:37 AM
He's definitely too weak to become a God of Creation. Until he starts making terrain out of thin air and able to produce creatures by will alone then he is just the aether version of a Dark Falz corrupting people into what he thinks is evolution. Just with fancy words trying to justify his actions.Well obviously. The guy clearly has an ego on him though.

loafhero
Jan 27, 2017, 10:04 AM
So, with Kazanboshi translations out:

[SPOILER-BOX]- Wait, you're telling me that ARKS response to Ardem's dick move was to send him an angry letter? We have an armada of battle-ready space ships, giant-robots, our best warriors being near-planet busters, one of us being an assassin that can make herself invisible to nearly all of the 5 senses and the best you can come up with was sending an angry letter? Ugh, this is what happens when you let a teenage girl and her boyfriend be put in charge!

That said, I do find it entertaining that all of the ARKS branches, including the one led by Huey and CCIII, were involved in sending the inquiry.

- Phaleg: I know ARKS isn't a group of unrefined individuals as to send back a visitor without an escort?

Bitch, you crashed into this party without anyone inviting you! I don't know even know who invited you here. I sure hope it wasn't me! None of what you told us were actually useful! You basically told us the same thing Ardem said a chapter ago and the other stuff you told us were so vague that it still didn't explain WHAT you and Ardem are or why you were an Apostle of Mother Cluster! We certainly didn't need to be told you want to kill him cause you literally tried to do that right in front of us not too long ago! In fact, nothing about you ever suggested that you WEREN'T a killer so I have no idea why Shitsugi here is so surprised.

- Hitsugi: Move over a bit

The fucking seat your douchebag brother is sitting on could fit 20 times the number of your anime girl butt! Does anyone in the PSO2 story writing team ever proofread this shit?

- Xierra: I think we can probably replicate that sort of technology to transfer into other universes too.

Oh, please no. No more multiverses. Just stick to your own barely developed universe.

- Kohri: That was supposed to be a joke but... ?

I know this entire Story has been one big unfunny joke but read the goddamn mood you shitty character!
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Alenoir
Jan 27, 2017, 11:03 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]- Wait, you're telling me that ARKS response to Ardem's dick move was to send him an angry letter? We have an armada of battle-ready space ships, giant-robots, our best warriors being near-planet busters, one of us being an assassin that can make herself invisible to nearly all of the 5 senses and the best you can come up with was sending an angry letter? Ugh, this is what happens when you let a teenage girl and her boyfriend be put in charge![/SPOILER-BOX]
See: Japan's reaction to Korea putting out all those comfort woman statues.

[SPOILER-BOX]- Xierra: I think we can probably replicate that sort of technology to transfer into other universes too.

Oh, please no. No more multiverses. Just stick to your own barely developed universe.[/SPOILER-BOX]
Phantasy Star. We lives off multiple universes, if anything. Hi 亜空間.

[SPOILER-BOX]- Kohri: That was supposed to be a joke but... ?

I know this entire Story has been one big unfunny joke but read the goddamn mood you shitty character!
[/SPOILER-BOX]

There's a saying in Japan called 空気が読めない. Something like not being able to read the mood. Actual trope over there.

Edit:

He's definitely too weak to become a God of Creation. Until he starts making terrain out of thin air and able to produce creatures by will alone then he is just the aether version of a Dark Falz corrupting people into what he thinks is evolution. Just with fancy words trying to justify his actions.

Seems like it may be a tree. (https://youtu.be/PMglqYY-YVI?t=1m35s) inb4Yggdrasil

Poyonche
Jan 27, 2017, 01:08 PM
Seems like it may be a tree. (https://youtu.be/PMglqYY-YVI?t=1m35s) inb4Yggdrasil

Or it could be Jack and the Beanstalk

Tymek
Jan 27, 2017, 04:06 PM
Does this mean Ardem's Hunar form will be Jesus

PokeminMaster
Jan 27, 2017, 04:39 PM
If he does because a tree though, I wonder if they might find a way to make it visually similar Amplum Umbra

Dileth
Jan 27, 2017, 09:09 PM
I was just thinking about this: Ophiel pulls a Brutus and kills Ardem because he's becoming too "god-like."

Zysets
Jan 27, 2017, 10:21 PM
Wasn't Olga Flow the forceful merging of the super computer Olga,D-Cells and Flowen himself?

InB4 Ardem needed a super robot just to get the perfect merging.

Considering Mother was PSO2's "Mother Brain" of sorts, why can't Mother fill that role? She may not have been omniscient, but she surely could do calculations like Xion.

Morgan Fumi
Feb 1, 2017, 02:28 PM
I've been ignoring the story for the most part and am only just now skimming over cutscenes for the new bingo card. Is there a summary anywhere that gives a basic outline of what the hell is going on?

loafhero
Feb 1, 2017, 10:30 PM
I've been ignoring the story for the most part and am only just now skimming over cutscenes for the new bingo card. Is there a summary anywhere that gives a basic outline of what the hell is going on?

Well:

Some Earth morons decided it was a good idea to mess with a highly advanced, militaristic civilization like Oracle (ARKS). Our character is tasked with watching over one such moron (Hitsugi) but somehow, we ended up getting two more morons to watch over (Aru and Kohri).

Eventually, the cliche anime evil organization responsible for these events appear and we fight them all one at a time (sometimes two at a time cause the Story clearly can't afford to waste any more time giving each one a chapter of their own).

After kicking their disappointing asses (with the exception of the cool rival one who unsurprisingly becomes friends with us), their leader (Mother) decides to kidnap Aru and we have to fight her two forms in what is pretty much a less exciting version of Luther's fight in EP2. She too decides to become friends with us after losing but then discount Luther (Ardem) literally stabs her in the back and takes her power and subsequently, the main villain position. He explains his cliche anime god complex motivation before teleporting back to his lair.

Currently, we're supposed to be preparing to fight Ardem.

Gwyndolin
Feb 2, 2017, 12:18 AM
I am trying to get through the bingo on a number of characters and notice that I seem to be missing something on these storyboards to unlock subsequent ones:

62D
117B
117D

Could someone possibly shed some light on what I need to do to unlock the boards after these ones? Thank you!

Anduril
Feb 2, 2017, 01:00 AM
I am trying to get through the bingo on a number of characters and notice that I seem to be missing something on these storyboards to unlock subsequent ones:

62D
117B
117D

Could someone possibly shed some light on what I need to do to unlock the boards after these ones? Thank you!
I'm not currently able to log in to check the storyboard right now, but I know that there are a couple of nodes that require you to get Aika's partner card, and there is one that only unlocks when the character clears Heaven and Hell, and one when they clear Ult Amdusica.

IchijinKali
Feb 2, 2017, 02:33 AM

62D
117B
117D

62D
Complete the CO highlighted in the picture which unlocks after completing [ARKS Running Test]
[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/tKLEc/cff178c3f3.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

117B
Requires your character completes the solo Extreme Quest Heaven & Hell floors 1-5. Yes unlike getting into the expert block ALL OF YOUR CHARACTERS have to do it to unlock that story section. Unlike the expert block which requires a cheap title to access the expert blocks.

117D
Requires that character to complete the Amuduscia UQ.

Zysets
Feb 2, 2017, 02:38 AM
Well:

Some Earth morons decided it was a good idea to mess with a highly advanced, militaristic civilization like Oracle (ARKS). Our character is tasked with watching over one such moron (Hitsugi) but somehow, we ended up getting two more morons to watch over (Aru and Kohri).

Eventually, the cliche anime evil organization responsible for these events appear and we fight them all one at a time (sometimes two at a time cause the Story clearly can't afford to waste any more time giving each one a chapter of their own).

After kicking their disappointing asses (with the exception of the cool rival one who unsurprisingly becomes friends with us), their leader (Mother) decides to kidnap Aru and we have to fight her two forms in what is pretty much a less exciting version of Luther's fight in EP2. She too decides to become friends with us after losing but then discount Luther (Ardem) literally stabs her in the back and takes her power and subsequently, the main villain position. He explains his cliche anime god complex motivation before teleporting back to his lair.

Luther Voice: おみごと~! *Clapclapclap*

Altiea
Feb 2, 2017, 02:44 AM
Wonder if Ardem will give us the Episode's final raid boss. Wouldn't be surprising, but at least they'd break out of the "Falz is a final boss" that they've been doing for the past four Episodes and I know PD technically isn't a Falz, but it sorta kinda falls in the same category, so I'm counting it.

Some Earth morons decided it was a good idea to mess with a highly advanced, militaristic civilization like Oracle (ARKS).

If PSII was any indication, Earthlings are either idiots or evil. Sometimes both.

Gwyndolin
Feb 2, 2017, 03:57 AM
Ah thank you very much! Going to be a bit of a pain to do all that on alts...

loafhero
Feb 2, 2017, 04:00 AM
I wouldn't be surprised at this point if Ardem and Herbert wants to be friends with us after their beaten and everyone instantly forgives them.

Altiea
Feb 2, 2017, 06:23 AM
I wouldn't be surprised at this point if Ardem and Herbert wants to be friends with us after their beaten and everyone instantly forgives them.

Looking at the scenario right now, it's more than likely that we'll outright kill Ardem in the usual fashion. Ardem pulling a Heel Face Turn after that last stunt with Mother would make pretty much no sense.

Although the writers this season have pushed the envelope on "meaningless plot direction", so who knows.

Kondibon
Feb 2, 2017, 07:01 AM
Looking at the scenario right now, it's more than likely that we'll outright kill Ardem in the usual fashion.We have yet to personally kill any of the major antagonists... Though in a couple of cases I think it's just due to them being hardy. I think Loser came the closest to actually dying at the hands of an ARKS member.

loafhero
Feb 2, 2017, 08:55 AM
Ardem pulling a Heel Face Turn after that last stunt with Mother would make pretty much no sense.

I dunno. Considering how Mother was depicted as being a sadistic revenge driven woman before Chapter 7 decided to make her go "No! I never desired destruction even though me wanting to destroy ARKS completely contradicts this! Let's be friends!" even after Mother doing the same stabby thing to Aru makes me think that EP4 is capable of something that dumb.

Not to mention how Kohri's evil phase was easily handwaved as just brainwashing/mind control, pretty much pressing the reset button on her character to make it seem like the evil phase never happened in the first place and destroying any chances of Kohri getting any kind of character development due to Shitsugi taking full responsibility for Kohri's actions and Kohri later actually JOKING about her evil phase.

Chances are, Ardem would say something along the lines "Oh, I never wanted evolution! I was just homesick and wanted a place where I felt like I belonged! Let's be friends!". We already have Hitsugi wanting to redeem him.

We have yet to personally kill any of the major antagonists... Though in a couple of cases I think it's just due to them being hardy. I think Loser came the closest to actually dying at the hands of an ARKS member.

Didn't Matoi and Player at least sort of killed Double? If we were to assume that the Double in the Profound Darkness raid are simply just hollow clones (which would be a really ironic fate for Double), that can be considered the only antagonist properly killed by the good guys.

Altiea
Feb 2, 2017, 10:36 AM
Chances are, Ardem would say something along the lines "Oh, I never wanted evolution! I was just homesick and wanted a place where I felt like I belonged! Let's be friends!". We already have Hitsugi wanting to redeem him.

Didn't Matoi and Player at least sort of killed Double? If we were to assume that the Double in the Profound Darkness raid are simply just hollow clones (which would be a really ironic fate for Double), that can be considered the only antagonist properly killed by the good guys.

Hitsugi is kind of a numbskull even as far as anime protags are concerned. She's literally genre blind.

Technically, Double killed themselves. We did push them to the breaking point where they were forced to do so, though, so we get a point there.

Kondibon
Feb 2, 2017, 12:45 PM
Didn't Matoi and Player at least sort of killed Double? If we were to assume that the Double in the Profound Darkness raid are simply just hollow clones (which would be a really ironic fate for Double), that can be considered the only antagonist properly killed by the good guys.I'm pretty sure Double "died" because they shoved all of their photons into us to try and create PD in the first place. I mean... we were GOING to kill Double, but they did it themselves. I do think that was closer than Loser though.

Meteor Weapon
Feb 2, 2017, 01:20 PM
All that effort Mother Cluster's were doing just to get Aru is just dumb....and then there's this thing about what was the point of the whole Earth Guides vs Mother Cluster thing? It never really made sense on what were the organization were really fighting against each other for until Aru showed up. All those 6 original Mother Cluster seemed like idiots beyond saving (save for Ophiel and Aratron) who really had no reason to be in Mother Cluster in the first place other than to....well....make some sort of....uh connection? This whole doing for the sake of Mama feels baseless despite the lol forced melodrama of Och and Phul shove into our throats.

Morgan Fumi
Feb 2, 2017, 02:13 PM
Well:

Thank you.

One more question, where does the aether fit into all of this? I saw some presentation cutscene that was talking about using "player" characters to build up aether to transfer to mother or something?

Kondibon
Feb 2, 2017, 02:17 PM
Thank you.

One more question, where does the aether fit into all of this? I saw some presentation cutscene that was talking about using "player" characters to build up aether to transfer to mother or something?Ether is just Mother's answer to Photons. It works slightly differently, being better at manifesting physical objects, hence all the phantoms, and Ether using humans basically summoning weapons as their main gimmick.

Altiea
Feb 2, 2017, 02:42 PM
This game apparently deems it fit to info dump everything EXCEPT what Ether actually is. Either they'll tell us by the end of the Episode or I'll just buy the Materials Collection and check its glossary entry.

Kondibon
Feb 2, 2017, 02:45 PM
This game apparently deems it fit to info dump everything EXCEPT what Ether actually is. Either they'll tell us by the end of the Episode or I'll just buy the Materials Collection and check its glossary entry.I mean... they've told us about as much about what it is as they did with Photons... It's literally just an alternative to photons.

TehCubey
Feb 2, 2017, 04:35 PM
I mean... they've told us about as much about what it is as they did with Photons... It's literally just an alternative to photons.

You don't get it. PSO2 was scarce on info on Photons too but they were introduced in ep 1 so that gets a free pass. On the other hand, Ether is an ep 4 concept so it's horrible lazy writing. To summarize:

ep 1-3: flawless storytelling
ep 4: SHIIIIT

Got it?

Zysets
Feb 2, 2017, 05:44 PM
This game apparently deems it fit to info dump everything EXCEPT what Ether actually is. Either they'll tell us by the end of the Episode or I'll just buy the Materials Collection and check its glossary entry.

They DID explain though, when Hitsugi talks to Mother after their fight, she realizes that Aether IS just Photons, but they changed overtime to focus more on communication because Mother was actually calling out for attention and felt lonely.

Mother's feelings changed the Photons she produced (She is a Xion clone).

But what are Photons? I don't think any game in the franchise has ever given a direct definition of "Photons" for their respective universes. I'll just assume energy from light, because of the name, no idea.

Dileth
Feb 2, 2017, 08:07 PM
You don't get it. PSO2 was scarce on info on Photons too but they were introduced in ep 1 so that gets a free pass. On the other hand, Ether is an ep 4 concept so it's horrible lazy writing. To summarize:

ep 1-3: flawless storytelling
ep 4: SHIIIIT

Got it?

Eh. EP1-3 had some problems, but they're still better than EP4.

Altiea
Feb 2, 2017, 09:58 PM
They DID explain though, when Hitsugi talks to Mother after their fight, she realizes that Aether IS just Photons, but they changed overtime to focus more on communication because Mother was actually calling out for attention and felt lonely.

Mother's feelings changed the Photons she produced (She is a Xion clone).

But what are Photons? I don't think any game in the franchise has ever given a direct definition of "Photons" for their respective universes. I'll just assume energy from light, because of the name, no idea.

Guess I should really catch up on Kazanboshi subs.

Vatallus
Feb 2, 2017, 09:59 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/b2zbJt0.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

loafhero
Feb 2, 2017, 10:40 PM
As far as I'm concerned, Photons is just an energy source harnessed by the power of anime feelings and I'm perfectly fine with that.

ZerotakerZX
Feb 3, 2017, 01:11 AM
As far as I'm concerned, Photons is just an energy source harnessed by the power of anime feelings and I'm perfectly fine with that.

Its mana, kek.

Zorak000
Feb 3, 2017, 12:31 PM
I can't really say Aredam's heel-turn was out of the blue; everybody I know that can actually read Japanese with a bit of context into mannerisms and other cultural differences seemed to tell me that he always seemed like he was a bit shady/not telling us everything/hiding something, so that stuff might have been lost in translation to some people.

Mother's goal of destroying arks in revenge against the photoners is supposed to be flawed logic from what I can tell; Ataron's whole deal is more that Mother wasn't this hostile in the past, at least she didn't desire the deaths of individuals like the player/Al/Bethor. that accompanied by Orphiel's general creepiness was meant to convey that somebody (initially orphiel before ardem really comes forward with his intentions) was pulling mother's strings here. Ardam probably felt he couldn't assault mother directly, and had an inside man to keep an eye on things until an opportunity to weaken her (aka get ARKs to fight her) presented itself. Al's powers were probably more of a bonus than anything, though I suppose I am not sure if aredam got Al's DF powers after killing mother; since we rescued him before that happened.

Khori's obsession with hitsugi definitely was what led her to mother cluster after we whisked hitsugi off to the arks ship; however it was pretty clear something was wrong with her when we ran into her in las vegas. but I'll admit yeah she could have been handled better as a character; they could have focused a little more on her jealousy of Al and the player taking attention away from hitsugi that could have been spent on her, or worked the "im not brainwashed, you are!" angle a bit better.

Zysets
Feb 3, 2017, 03:53 PM
I can't really say Aredam's heel-turn was out of the blue; everybody I know that can actually read Japanese with a bit of context into mannerisms and other cultural differences seemed to tell me that he always seemed like he was a bit shady/not telling us everything/hiding something, so that stuff might have been lost in translation to some people.

Not even lost in translation, it was pretty obvious just by looking at his design.

Moffen
Feb 3, 2017, 04:45 PM
Not even lost in translation, it was pretty obvious just by looking at his design.

I mean the guy looks like Shogo Makishimas long lost brother (The antagonist of PSYCHO-PASS) so it was kind of a dead giveaway that he was probably going to be an asshat.

loafhero
Feb 3, 2017, 09:59 PM
After seeing Ardem's concept art from a few months back, which depicted him with a creepy smile and soulless eyes, a lot of us saw his villain reveal coming from a mile away.

but I'll admit yeah she could have been handled better as a character; they could have focused a little more on her jealousy of Al and the player taking attention away from hitsugi that could have been spent on her, or worked the "im not brainwashed, you are!" angle a bit better.

I feel that the brainwashing thing could have worked better if it was less than total brainwashing and more like Herbert making Kohri's more flawed/darker side that have long existed within her completely dominant. That way, instead of Herbert being the only one to blame, its more so that the only reason Herbert could even make Kohri like this is because of her already existing flaws that Kohri failed to improve on by herself. Kohri's entire character, aside from being super annoying, is her unreasonable level of devotion to Mother. The only difference between current Kohri and the former Kohri is that she's now devoted to Hitsugi instead of Mother, meaning, she hasn't learned a thing at all.

Instead of Kohri completely accepting Hitsugi taking full responsibility for Kohri's actions and then going back to being best buddies immediately, Kohri should have insisted on taking responsibility and then goes away for a while to self-reflect and actually start to realize that she should start to think for herself more.

Instead of Kohri suddenly getting a non-evil Awakened form without any build up whatsoever, she doesn't. Instead, the whole unregistered ARKS thing is actually used for something. Kohri, once stupidly devoted to Mother, manages to convince the Mother Cluster members that have their own ARKS avatars to help fight against Mother with the intent of saving Mother from herself. Specifically, helping to fight off the ESCA Darkers and maybe saving Aratron as a result.

Instead of Kohri having absolutely NO input AT ALL during Hitsugi's attempts to reason with Mother, have Kohri arrive with all of the Mother Cluster unregistered ARKS and an injured Aratron to all simultaneously persuade Mother from going through with her insane plans. Almost every Mother Cluster member had formed a decent personal connection with Mother so its believable enough that they would care to save her.

Altiea
Feb 3, 2017, 11:34 PM
Is Kohri like, everyone's least favorite character in the game or something?

Vatallus
Feb 3, 2017, 11:55 PM
No, that is Aru.

Zysets
Feb 4, 2017, 01:45 AM

I like Kohri when she's dumb and silly, actually. She's not so bad, just very poorly written in my opinion.

loafhero
Feb 4, 2017, 02:35 AM

Well... (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?231944-Episode-4-Story-Discussion/page188)

ZerotakerZX
Feb 4, 2017, 03:41 AM

how can you not like lesbians?

Meteor Weapon
Feb 4, 2017, 03:52 AM
Lesbians done wrong

IchijinKali
Feb 4, 2017, 12:43 PM
how can you not like lesbians?

Because they aren't its Japan's tradition for friendships in anime to be very close. Some animes do it right, Yu Yu Hakusho Yusuke and Kazuma, and others do it terribly like how SEGA is doing it. Uncomfortably close to each other without seeing any sort of build up that led to the creation of said friendship besides a flashback of 'Oh she followed me and I belittled her. Then she in trouble and she was laughing. I defended her now we friends.'

ZerotakerZX
Feb 4, 2017, 12:54 PM
Because they aren't its Japan's tradition for friendships in anime to be very close. Some animes do it right, Yu Yu Hakusho Yusuke and Kazuma, and others do it terribly like how SEGA is doing it. Uncomfortably close to each other without seeing any sort of build up that led to the creation of said friendship besides a flashback of 'Oh she followed me and I belittled her. Then she in trouble and she was laughing. I defended her now we friends.'
I filled the blanks and spaces with hardcore girl on girl action and it felt fine. I mean, my imagination gotta be good for something, ya?

Meteor Weapon
Feb 4, 2017, 09:28 PM
I feel like you're just asking to be judged.

https://s30.postimg.org/qby58plf5/75b.png

loafhero
Feb 4, 2017, 10:48 PM
Really though, EP4's Story can be summed up as forced friendships no one gives a damn about.

Altiea
Feb 4, 2017, 11:21 PM
EP4 reads like an anime. I'm not quite sure if that's what people are looking for out of Phantasy Star, which is probably fueling the discontent around it.

loafhero
Feb 5, 2017, 12:00 AM
EP4 reads like an anime.

A BAD anime. There's nothing wrong with PSO2 being stylistically anime. I like anime but when they take the old anime cliches/tropes and doing them wrong is what ticks me off most about EP4.

Altiea
Feb 5, 2017, 01:23 AM
A BAD anime. There's nothing wrong with PSO2 being stylistically anime. I like anime but when they take the old anime cliches/tropes and doing them wrong is what ticks me off most about EP4.

Reminds me of the actual anime. Also reminds me of the salt I tasted when I got RNG'd out of a Luck & Logic playmat during a tourney today.

My personal thoughts on EP4 this far in is basically that they actually had good ideas, they just failed to actually use them in a way that both makes sense and is unpredictably interesting. You can smell every plot point coming from a mile away, which signals that they're using cliches.

Which, in the end, is like the anime. Perhaps they have the same writers.

silo1991
Feb 5, 2017, 02:51 AM
should i remind you guys ep4 has been a lost cause since the beginning , PSOcrew tried to add fantasy to earth but they were too damn slack/loose for imagine anything . they didn't even put effort in the phantom aesthetics (yes i said this dozens of times) for make them rescuable in someway .

oh common even DFO (dungeon fighter online) involved earth in an abysmally better way than EP4 did , at least in the origin story of 1 class we see a post apocalyptic earth https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5Lkpqud2dc . plus the concept of the worlds before that arc its fantastic and creative ;same as PSO2 but neople put effort at the time to involve earth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUpnq0vIYTE&t=213s here a run for the whole earth arc , with just see it and you guys will get my point

one more thing i like both games in their own way , but it hurt my heart seeing how PSO2 artistic direction decayed so badly i just want EP4 end already and see more fantastic sceneries in the future .
like i would say in mexico and forgive my vocabulary: PSO2 involve earth was a bullshit made it so indifferent ( for the last word there no translation so i said something close) we use that term when something is made it without analyzing or thinking in the consequences

Altiea
Feb 5, 2017, 03:53 AM
should i remind you guys ep4 has been a lost cause since the beginning , PSOcrew tried to add fantasy to earth but they were too damn slack/loose for imagine anything . they didn't even put effort in the phantom aesthetics (yes i said this dozens of times) for make them rescuable in someway .

oh common even DFO (dungeon fighter online) involved earth in an abysmally better way than EP4 did , at least in the origin story of 1 class we see a post apocalyptic earth https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5Lkpqud2dc . plus the concept of the worlds before that arc its fantastic and creative ;same as PSO2 but neople put effort at the time to involve earth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUpnq0vIYTE&t=213s here a run for the whole earth arc , with just see it and you guys will get my point

one more thing i like both games in their own way , but it hurt my heart seeing how PSO2 artistic direction decayed so badly i just want EP4 end already and see more fantastic sceneries in the future .
like i would say in mexico and forgive my vocabulary: PSO2 involve earth was a bullshit made it so indifferent ( for the last word there no translation so i said something close) we use that term when something is made it without analyzing or thinking in the consequences

From a technical point of view, Pandemonium plays a much larger influence in the story than "one character's backstory" (and since the Lv. 90 update, we go there).

The reason Dungeon Fighter is able to integrate the concept of Earth into the plot so seamlessly is because to Dungeon Fighter, the concept of alternate worlds and universes is already established. Their version of "Earth" is basically just a trainwreck where the Apostles live; the post-apocalyptic condition it's in and its intricate ties to the core backstory of the game as a whole and the player characters gives Earth this otherworldly feeling while still being "Earth" in a technical sense, while still being able to pass it off as an "another world" (although they flat-out state that it's New York City, so no surprise there).

The issue with PSO2's version of Earth is that it's introduced in the most plot-convenient method possible: via introducing approximately five new concepts simultaneously that are apparently supposed to blend together at the same time in a way that sounds believable, which they found difficulty in accomplishing. Earth also doesn't do anything that's particularly stand-out-ish; it's literally "let's take our planet as-is, add not-Photons and weirdo monsters, and boom, new setting". It's Anime Earth as we've seen it in the last twenty anime.

Although that's a huge tangent, since I'm also a Dungeon Fighter.

silo1991
Feb 5, 2017, 12:44 PM
of course those 5 concepts was hard to accomplish , the idea of involve earth was already out of place not to mention the way they did was slacker/loose . you guys have to admit the phantoms were really meh for a fantasy game

i remember in the ep 2 and 3 era in which whenever update was announced i hyped for it , it could be a new field or history or even EQs but with ep4 that did not happen everything was so slacker and out of place at the point that i excited more for the gathering system along with the rings more , also UQ amduscia was the only thing in the whole season that caused hype on me but i ended up disappointed anyways nothing was randomized like the other UQ and mother EQ i wanted to give it an opportunity , but i wish the ridedroid part could end up in a free field instead of there ( i liked that really much) and the second phase was tedious as hell

Zysets
Feb 5, 2017, 01:46 PM
Am I the only one who actually enjoyed Episode 4? It was horribly written, but besides the beginning chapter with the anime high school cliches, I loved it, and thought it was no worsely written than previous episodes.

I've played every Phantasy Star game besides Nova and the spinoff on Game Gear, and I had no problem with the aesthetic change and shift in tone because the story did end up back to what PSO2 has been by the time we confronted Mother.

Kondibon
Feb 5, 2017, 02:11 PM
Am I the only one who actually enjoyed Episode 4?I like everything about it that didn't involve the characters from earth. :wacko: I have a soft spot for enemies in games that are uncanny versions of real things though.

Altiea
Feb 5, 2017, 03:23 PM
I personally think that EP4 is more enjoyable as a "so bad it's good" sort of way as opposed to being actually good, which everyone knows it isn't. It's pretty cringe here and there, but it's so cheesy that you can't help but enjoy it like a guilty pleasure.

Unless you're part of the demographic who wishes for a serious story and only got disappointment.

Feb 5, 2017, 03:27 PM
Earth was far more interesting than Harukotan. Just saying.

Zysets
Feb 5, 2017, 04:12 PM

I actually have to agree with this. Sukunahime is one of my top favorite characters in the game, but Harukotan itself was pretty... subpar.

silo1991
Feb 5, 2017, 04:15 PM
am i the only one who wants to know how the lilipans , the dragonkin : ko rera, ko ryu and hi en ( we haven't seen him since ep 1) and harukotan has been .

for more i try i simply cannot like the earth characters specially the villains which they are so vague ( and i know its because PSOcrew wanted to kill them fast) and stupid . i couldn't take them serious

now am i thinking if lilipa and amduscia could have their native villains they could be : the AI who control the robots and maybe ko ryu ( if something happen to make him distrust the arks )

Zysets
Feb 5, 2017, 04:21 PM
am i the only one who wants to know how the lilipans , the dragonkin : ko rera, ko ryu and hi en ( we haven't seen him since ep 1) and harukotan has been .

for more i try i simply cannot like the earth characters specially the villains which they are so vague ( and i know its because PSOcrew wanted to kill them fast) and stupid . i couldn't take them serious

Actually we had a few cutscenes were we find out about some of the Dragonkin we meet in Ep3 I believe. They were side cutscenes out on the field.

Vatallus
Feb 5, 2017, 05:01 PM
Actually we had a few cutscenes were we find out about some of the Dragonkin we meet in Ep3 I believe. They were side cutscenes out on the field.

Correct Episode 3 has some cutscenes with Dragonkin and Quna in Sanc.

Altiea
Feb 5, 2017, 05:14 PM
PSO2 can honestly be alternatively called "A Tragedy of Underdeveloped Settings". The problem with expanding out into a multiple-world setting is that it's difficult to meaningfully develop every single setting simultaneously. Earth actually has more development than any other currently established planet, ironically enough.

Meteor Weapon
Feb 5, 2017, 07:34 PM
Ironically a fanfic writer can write better against whatever the fuck happened in EP4. They had a good background concept, a shitload of material to use but EP4 storywriting itself was a terrible terrible mistake, they really ought to change the scenario writer for good.

Another thing that kinda cringes me is that Kohri just had to interrupt just to point out that the one Ardem is talking is King Arthur, really you don't need to point that out we know already just hearing Urdem talking. It adds nothing everytime I read it again other than making them look like a bunch of idiots, imo anyway.

They could've gotten Nasu to write Earth setting and indirectly relate it to Type Moon, that would've been mindblown with all the shit he could introduce without being obvious. But meh I'm just dreaming lol.

loafhero
Feb 5, 2017, 08:51 PM
EP4's Story is so horrid because none of the new Earth characters are likable or worth caring about and the villains are so stupidly incompetent and non-threatening. Character development just falls flat or is non-existent. On top of that, the forced friendships are just so dumb.

EP1 to 3 is not great and is only just decent at best but it sure as hell looks way better nowadays whenever I'm comparing it with EP4. In EP1 to 3, character development is done better than in EP4 (except for Echo), actual stakes, legitimately threatening villains, dark moments that aren't ruined by bad humor (fuck you, Kohri), a genuinely badass main heroine that carries her own share of the weight, and better done plot twists.

But I'd rather explore Harukotan more than Earth, just saying.

Plus, EP3 already had its own OP Milf character (Sukunahime) that's done better than Phaleg so far. While Sukunahime was a decently fleshed out character that played an important role in the Story without overshadowing Player and Matoi too much, Phaleg is just... there. Sure, Phaleg has connections with Ardem but its left so vague that you don't have reason to care. All Phaleg does is just pop in, does something cool, then leaves; rinse and repeat. I like her as a rival for Player but her role in the Story is very shallow.

Dileth
Feb 5, 2017, 09:08 PM

Plus, EP3 already had its own OP Milf character (Sukunahime) that's done better than Phaleg so far. While Sukunahime was a decently fleshed out character that played an important role in the Story without overshadowing Player and Matoi too much, Phaleg is just... there. Sure, Phaleg has connections with Ardem but its left so vague that you don't have reason to care. All Phaleg does is just pop in, does something cool, then leaves; rinse and repeat. I like her as a rival for Player but her role in the Story is very shallow.

Tru. I would love to explore the rest of the other planets.

Zysets
Feb 5, 2017, 09:46 PM

I think the comparison isn't fair because Ep4 isn't over and we're obviously heading into Phaleg's importance pretty soon. It's easier to say one is so much worse when it isn't completed yet.

Not that I disagree, just think the comparison makes no sense at this point in time.

Meteor Weapon
Feb 5, 2017, 09:56 PM
In Ep3 we have Sukunahime, Sara and Claris Claes, Afin and Ecrutia and Melrondia dealing different problems of their own actually solved within a non continous yet only few chapters albeit dragged on all over 3 episodes but done in a way that doesnt feel dragged because we're occupied with other problems.

In Ep4 we're dealing with Earthly problems that doesnt get resolves and kept dragging due to terrible writing. There are no other distraction stories that we can keep our minds of from Earth but we're just forced to tunnel vision on boring lame ass Earth problem.

loafhero
Feb 5, 2017, 10:04 PM
Simply put, each Episode from 1 to 3 tells self-contained stories focusing on a certain character that usually reaches a resolution and sometimes connects with other character's stories. No character ever overstays their welcome.

Altiea
Feb 5, 2017, 10:19 PM
I dunno, I guess I just don't hate EP4 like others do. Sure, the writing's half-baked and predictable, but it's no less half-baked than pretty much every other Episode (besides the ends of EP2 and EP3, which were pretty good).

Meteor Weapon
Feb 5, 2017, 11:55 PM
I enjoy Ep1-3 than what Ep4 did. So far me Ep4 story is lesser half baked than the previous story episode. At least for me. Or should I say overcooked because you cant fix what's already overcooked, the story is set and they can't really fix it more than they could because the build up that leads us to now was so bad. Ep4 focused too much on the Earth problem it ignores too much on whats going on Oracle verse...well save for some a few characters which still doesnt build anything nor does it contain any importance

Most of what happened in Ep1-3 like what Loaf said are self contained stories which then connects to the big events. Whatever happened relating to with PD has not ended, which in turn they still have a lot of things to tell.

Well then again i think im just being biased.

Altiea
Feb 6, 2017, 12:24 AM
I enjoy Ep1-3 than what Ep4 did. So far me Ep4 story is lesser half baked than the previous story episode. At least for me. Or should I say overcooked because you cant fix what's already overcooked, the story is set and they can't really fix it more than they could because the build up that leads us to now was so bad. Ep4 focused too much on the Earth problem it ignores too much on whats going on Oracle verse...well save for some a few characters which still doesnt build anything nor does it contain any importance

Minor nitpick, but I think you meant to say "more half-baked"...

Anyway, one of the problems that they incidentally walked into is that EP3 ended the previous arc so conclusively that they had no real jumping off point for a follow-up. They only had about two plot threads unresolved, one of which was created specifically for leading into EP4 (and was ultimately unresolved) and the other that's is supposed to be more of a "continuous" thread which somewhat resembles an overarching plot thread for, say, a season of a Western TV drama or something.

Another problem is that they apparently had no better concept for a new season.

Meteor Weapon
Feb 6, 2017, 01:07 AM
They can go with the internal conflict within ARKS route like whatever the hell happened in ES. Or a planet that hads a civilization who sealed a Falz on their own, having their own version of Mother Brain which started corrupting due to the influence of the sealed Falz, something along the line....well idk i just expected EP4 to be unique in a good way...until the anime(yes i still will blame thr anime for the shit thats going on) came out and ruined every imagination we could think off. I maybe exaggarating but i think EP4's kills off creativity, despite how the eath field bgm vocals keeps screaming IMAGINATION that im starting to hate it due to ir being ironic.

yoshiblue
Feb 6, 2017, 01:27 AM
Guess with Xiao around and everyone being on good terms with each other, they couldn't go for a power vacuum plot. Even with the secret stuff Luther was pulling and the people he may have been manipulating/working with. But it would have been interesting to see. Could have been a civil war and a chance to reference EP III some more. Then summoner could have been using the Germ/Card system.

loafhero
Feb 6, 2017, 02:04 AM
I would have liked EP4's Story a little more if they followed the format established by EP1 to 3; splitting up the main story with self-contained side stories in between. The less we get of Shitsugi and morons, and a little more attention to the Oracle side the better. As Meteor Weapon said, EP4 felt like it dragged on too long because too much attention was given to the Earth side of the Story.

Possible Oracle related stories didn't have to be about another internal conflict in ARKS- .... OH, WAIT! It COULD have been one thanks to the whole unregistered ARKS dilemma that EP4 forgot about by the 2nd half. Imagine the stories that could have been built around that, how creepy (and potentially hilarious) dealing with the shitstorm that could happen when real ARKS and fake ARKS get too friendly with each other.

Meteor Weapon
Feb 6, 2017, 02:42 AM
Well they certainly did easily filtering out fake and real arks off screen. Talk about wasted potential

Altiea
Feb 6, 2017, 02:50 AM
I would have liked EP4's Story a little more if they followed the format established by EP1 to 3; splitting up the main story with self-contained side stories in between. The less we get of Shitsugi and morons, and a little more attention to the Oracle side the better. As Meteor Weapon said, EP4 felt like it dragged on too long because too much attention was given to the Earth side of the Story.

Possible Oracle related stories didn't have to be about another internal conflict in ARKS- .... OH, WAIT! It COULD have been one thanks to the whole unregistered ARKS dilemma that EP4 forgot about by the 2nd half. Imagine the stories that could have been built around that, how creepy (and potentially hilarious) dealing with the shitstorm that could happen when real ARKS and fake ARKS get too friendly with each other.

The irony in this is that EP4 actually had worse characters by giving them more focus. It really highlights how underdeveloped most of them are.

Incoming low-key unpopular opinion though: Thinking about it now, one could make the argument that Matoi similarly fits into the "Mary Sue" boat in the same way Hitsugi does; the plot somehow bends in such a way to convenience both characters under the majority of circumstances, and they are literally all-powerful and have practically no weaknesses except for their feelings for their allies (although EP1-3 had Xion to justify the idea of the plot literally bending to the player's will, so there's that). Don't get me wrong, I like Matoi. But somehow, I feel like the "first season" (as I'll call EP1-3) doesn't give her enough leeway in terms of realistically having downfalls like the majority of other characters. Even if she is a Council of Six member.

Kondibon
Feb 6, 2017, 06:53 AM
If anyone is a Mary Sue it's Playa Chan. :wacko:

I feel like the "first season" (as I'll call EP1-3) doesn't give her enough leeway in terms of realistically having downfalls like the majority of other characters. Even if she is a Council of Six member.I think Matoi did have a flaw but it wasn't really noticable unless you went through the story all at once and did all of the side events related to her. She's actually really headstrong and rebellious, and I think people miss that because of how demure she acts. That said, I wish they emphasized it more.

loafhero
Feb 6, 2017, 07:57 AM
I really do miss Claris Claes II Matoi. The later half of EP3 made it seem like Matoi's current personality had effectively fused with her old Claris Claes II personality but then came post-Chapter 7 and EP4 onwards where Matoi is more like her EP1 self but exaggerated a little more (the higher pitched and softer tone of voice)

If anyone is a Mary Sue it's Playa Chan. :wacko:

Especially EP4 Playa-chan.

Meteor Weapon
Feb 6, 2017, 08:13 AM
Matoi wasn't shoved to us all the time compared to Hitsugi. For a character that was introduced us early in the game, she only started becoming more important at the end of EP2, even in EP3 they didn't shove her to us in every chapter. Ever since from the start of EP4 they shoved us with Hitsugi, forced to peep her, even the part where those Mama Busters kidnapped her just to make us lol care about her. But in the end most of us just didn't because we got sick of her antics. It's always all about her in EP4.

Kondibon
Feb 6, 2017, 08:14 AM
I really do miss Claris Claes II Matoi. The later half of EP3 made it seem like Matoi's current personality had effectively fused with her old Claris Claes II personality but then came post-Chapter 7 and EP4 onwards where Matoi is more like her EP1 self but exaggerated a little more (the higher pitched and softer tone of voice)

Almost of her rebellious stuff happened before the Claris Claes II arc actually. I agree that she's pretty boring in Episode 4 though. :T

Meteor Weapon
Feb 6, 2017, 08:18 AM
That scene when she denied and reacted Sukunahime calling them both lovers when your MC is female was hilarious.

Kondibon
Feb 6, 2017, 08:36 AM
That scene when she denied and reacted Sukunahime calling them both lovers when your MC is female was hilarious.
It was? ._.

loafhero
Feb 6, 2017, 08:36 AM
Almost of her rebellious stuff happened before the Claris Claes II arc actually. I agree that she's pretty boring in Episode 4 though. :T

Wait, you mean that time when she used a Technique in one of the Ship cities when Fillia took her out for a walk? (Which in all honesty, would have been better if it was a cutscene that we could actually see and instead of Fillia, its Player who should've taken her out for a walk in the city using the Urban map as the backdrop) I don't think that counts because Matoi didn't even know that using any kind of ARKS weaponry or Techniques in a Ship city during a non-crisis is illegal (let alone, impossible).

Anyway, both Player and Matoi became boring by EP4.... so, hooray for teamwork and understanding?

I'm glad that we got a sort of "sequel" to that in the last Pietro cutscene.

Kondibon
Feb 6, 2017, 08:52 AM
Wait, you mean that time when she used a Technique in one of the Ship cities when Fillia took her out for a walk? (Which in all honesty, would have been better if it was a cutscene that we could actually see and instead of Fillia, its Player who should've taken her out for a walk in the city using the Urban map as the backdrop) I don't think that counts because Matoi didn't even know that using any kind of ARKS weaponry or Techniques in a Ship city during a non-crisis is illegal (let alone, impossible).
It's been a while since I looked at the old stuff, but wasn't the whole thing that they decided to let her practice techs in the first place because she was doing it anyway despite them telling her not to on account of her being in bad health?

Also, I forget if the mothership stuff came before or after CCII. ._.

loafhero
Feb 6, 2017, 09:49 AM
It's been a while since I looked at the old stuff, but wasn't the whole thing that they decided to let her practice techs in the first place because she was doing it anyway despite them telling her not to on account of her being in bad health?

Also, I forget if the mothership stuff came before or after CCII. ._.

To sum up that specific story in EP2, while off on a walk in the city with Fillia (off-screen), Matoi decides to try using a Technique and she does which surprises Fillia. This foreshadows the amount of Tech power Matoi has. Fillia applies Matoi for basic Technique training (again, off screen grrr) so that Matoi can learn to control her power. So the training thing came after Fillia saw Matoi use a Technique.

EP2's Mothership story quest occurs before the CCII story arc where we are introduced to the cheeky, snarky, headstrong and rebellious version of Matoi which we sadly never see again because EP4 decided to double up on Matoi's "graceful" personality. Granted, being "graceful" was what Matoi said she wanted during the CCII arc but what we got in EP4 is a little too much for my taste.

Hopefully, the upcoming prequel manga will show off more of that CCII goodness and badassery that I really enjoyed.

Zysets
Feb 6, 2017, 10:30 AM
I'm glad that we got a sort of "sequel" to that in the last Pietro cutscene.

People can have their own animu waifu but I will furiously ship Matoi and Player until the end of time.

Also yeah, I'm glad they kept softspoken Matoi because she DID say that's what she wanted to feel like, to be softer and not have to fight all the time, but they did go way overboard, I assumed Ep3 Matoi was that Matoi but i guess Sega didn't think it was enough.

Regardless, I still think she's great, she made a great stand in for Player's lack of speech in cutscenes where they were together in Ep4. It's a shame she wasn't with everyone on Earth during the actual story, she would have been a better "mentor" character for Hitsugi, and dialogue would have been more interesting because the player can sort of talk through her even if they don't speak much themselves.

Meteor Weapon
Feb 7, 2017, 01:52 AM
Can anyone summarise PSOes's latest story so far?

Altiea
Feb 7, 2017, 02:45 AM
Can anyone summarise PSOes's latest story so far?

Check with the es thread; Lyrise should be able to do a quick rundown.

Poyonche
Feb 7, 2017, 06:46 AM
Anyway, both Player and Matoi became boring by EP4.... so, hooray for teamwork and understanding?

They learnt to dance together in order to seal a Falz ! :wacko:

loafhero
Feb 7, 2017, 08:17 AM
Also yeah, I'm glad they kept softspoken Matoi because she DID say that's what she wanted to feel like, to be softer and not have to fight all the time, but they did go way overboard, I assumed Ep3 Matoi was that Matoi but i guess Sega didn't think it was enough.

Regardless, I still think she's great, she made a great stand in for Player's lack of speech in cutscenes where they were together in Ep4. It's a shame she wasn't with everyone on Earth during the actual story, she would have been a better "mentor" character for Hitsugi, and dialogue would have been more interesting because the player can sort of talk through her even if they don't speak much themselves.

I think EP2 Matoi was the right balance spot for a "graceful" Matoi. Alternatively, the Matoi in late EP3 that had her graceful personality fused with her old cockier CCII self was also pretty good too as I liked the idea of Matoi capable of being polite and softspoken BUT can dish out some nasty burns at the same time (as Sukunahime learned for herself).

Looking back in EP2 and EP3, choosing cowardly or indecisive dialogue will actually cause Matoi to speak for the Player. This can have an unintentionally funny effect where instead of speaking on the Player's behalf, its more like Matoi making all the choices and opinions for the Player. One of the very few things I like about EP4's story is how in the last Pietro cutscene, Player & Matoi now have a canon dynamic where the Player tends to be indifferent and cynical while Matoi is caring and optimistic.

They learnt to dance together in order to seal a Falz ! :wacko:

Either they spent time prior to being put to cold sleep rehearsing their synchronised dance routine (possibly self-thought or coached by Quna) or they are just that good as partners that they could break out in spontaneous oddly well-choreographed dance routine at any time through pure instinct like Bollywood movie characters :-P

loafhero
Feb 9, 2017, 12:27 PM
PSO2 can honestly be alternatively called "A Tragedy of Underdeveloped Settings". The problem with expanding out into a multiple-world setting is that it's difficult to meaningfully develop every single setting simultaneously. Earth actually has more development than any other currently established planet, ironically enough.

But goddamn, it sure has some of the least developed and most unlikable NPCs ever. The non-speaking Lilipans get better character development than the Earth people, the gross but super cool Cabracan displays more intelligence than Hitsugi and Ko' Rela is a shota/trap done right unlike Aru!

I think certain setting development issues could have been resolved if Naberius, Wopar and Lilipa were made into one planet. Wopar and Lilipa look like it could fit with Naberius. The only thing that would need to be removed or altered is Wopar's large streams of water that flows upwards towards the sky. Amduscia and Harukotan would still have to be separate planets as those settings are the hardest to match with the other three.

Zysets
Feb 9, 2017, 01:27 PM
But goddamn, it sure has some of the least developed and most unlikable NPCs ever. The non-speaking Lilipans get better character development than the Earth people, the gross but super cool Cabracan displays more intelligence than Hitsugi and Ko' Rela is a shota/trap done right unlike Aru!

I think certain setting development issues could have been resolved if Naberius, Wopar and Lilipa were made into one planet. Wopar and Lilipa look like it could fit with Naberius. The only thing that would need to be removed or altered is Wopar's large streams of water that flows upwards towards the sky. Amduscia and Harukotan would still have to be separate planets as those settings are the hardest to match with the other three.

I always assumed the lilipans were originally from Naberious, because it's mentioned that they're not actually native to Lilipa at one point.

Damn it Sega, not only do you never explain some of the ruins on Naberius (implied that non-Photoner civilization was there at some point), but you never elaborate on where the Lilipans came from!

TehCubey
Feb 9, 2017, 02:04 PM
The non-speaking Lilipans get better character development than the Earth people, the gross but super cool Cabracan displays more intelligence than Hitsugi and Ko' Rela is a shota/trap done right unlike Aru!

Your hateboner for ep4 never ceases to amaze me. What alternative facts are we going to hear next, Zeno and Echo being actually good characters?

Great Pan
Feb 9, 2017, 07:13 PM
I wish I could kill dem Earthlings too... Cause we're the MASTER RACE, right?

Meteor Weapon
Feb 9, 2017, 07:25 PM
Your hateboner for ep4 never ceases to amaze me. What alternative facts are we going to hear next, Zeno and Echo being actually good characters?

The setting and concept of Earth is not bad but not great either, but it was horribly nuked by characters and the way it was written, well IMO. They, could have developed Zeno and Echo in a side story IMO....but.....none of them ever showed up even as the side storyboard.

loafhero
Feb 9, 2017, 10:32 PM
I always assumed the lilipans were originally from Naberious, because it's mentioned that they're not actually native to Lilipa at one point.

Damn it Sega, not only do you never explain some of the ruins on Naberius (implied that non-Photoner civilization was there at some point), but you never elaborate on where the Lilipans came from!

I faintly recall something during a random quest in the Quarry map where while escorting a Lilipan, one of the operators (Melita, I believe) mentions that Lilipans don't look like they are proper inhabitants of Lilipa due to their physiology being unsuited to Lilipa's terrain and that maybe something or someone (probably Luther or other Photoners) migrated the species to Lilipa. Probably for shits and giggles.

[SPOILER-BOX]
Photoner 1: Hey, guys! Wouldn't it be funny if we move this weak and defenseless species to a planet that's even less hospitable?

Photoner 2: Oh, man! That'd be hilarious!

Photoner 1: Lets also inject them with this serum that makes them Hulk-out but they only ever attack other species that are trying to help them!

Photoner 3: Hey, guys. I'm bored of these self-sustaining killer robots I made and their taking up space in my crib. Maybe I should dump them into that desert planet too?

All: YEAH!!
[/SPOILER-BOX]

I was also under the impression that the ruins did belong to the Photoners considering that the design theme of the ruins do seem similar to the ruins found at Wopar. The only difference being that the Wopar ruins have unnecessary RGB lighting.

I never liked Zeno and Echo, ESPECIALLY Echo.

Shinamori
Feb 10, 2017, 01:09 AM
I was always under the assumption that the Lilipans made the robots on Lilipa, well mostly.

loafhero
Feb 10, 2017, 04:12 AM
I was always under the assumption that the Lilipans made the robots on Lilipa, well mostly.

Same here and their implied to be intelligent enough to repair a CAST like Fourier back to full health (assuming they didn't simply use a Mate).

TehCubey
Feb 10, 2017, 04:54 AM
I never liked Zeno and Echo, ESPECIALLY Echo.

Okay, that's fair. I'm taking that part back.

The setting and concept of Earth is not bad but not great either, but it was horribly nuked by characters and the way it was written, well IMO.

Yeah, that's my point. EP4's writing is kinda bad - but that's PSO2 standard. Every episode's writing was bad.

EP1 - "Oh no, Gettemhart is hidoi for beating up robots that attacked him"
EP2 - "Let's spend half the episode for Echo character development only to undo it all at the end"
EP3 - Hmm. Kinda overuses the "you beat the boss but then a cutscene starts and shows actually YOU LOST" cliche, but other than that ep 3 gets a pass, I guess.

Yearning for early game's plot and characters is pure nostalgia. Misplaced, delusional nostalgia.