PDA

View Full Version : Episode 4 Story Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

CrossOmega
Sep 7, 2016, 11:56 PM
Kohri's broken logic is made more apparent now. To sum up her motivations: "I will kill Hitsugi to save Hitsugi and if she resists, I'll kill her! Then we can be friends again, yay!".

Best Logic ever. Must be the aug Logic V with Craziness V. Seiga please nerf.

loafhero
Sep 7, 2016, 11:58 PM
In hindsight, this is sort of Matoi's fault for advising Hitsugi that she should just "go with the flow and figure out the rest along the way" considering that Matoi herself also ended up stabbed in the gut by her friend who went all dark and edgy in a similar crisis of having massive doubts of her resolve.

Best Logic ever. Must be the aug Logic V with Craziness V. Seiga please nerf.

I'd love it if SEGA made Kohri's one-handed Sword style as an optional new stance/posture animation.

oratank
Sep 7, 2016, 11:59 PM
lol yandere logic isn't it?

Chalun-k_x_light
Sep 8, 2016, 12:19 AM
In hindsight, this is sort of Matoi's fault for advising Hitsugi that she should just "go with the flow and figure out the rest along the way" considering that Matoi herself also ended up stabbed in the gut by her friend who went all dark and edgy in a similar crisis of having massive doubts of her resolve.

Well,i think Matoi tried to suggest that Hitsugi should find her resolve and reason to fight by herself.It's quite natural to me really.But too bad that her resolve isn't strong enough in the "Kill Or Be Killed" situation.

mickbis
Sep 8, 2016, 12:21 AM
I like how Huey is still basically the same Huey we know
appear suddenly and shouting everywhere when he think that place need his help lol

also the nakama part from Huey

Xaeris
Sep 8, 2016, 12:22 AM
Ha ha, wow, Kohri is 100% bat guano. Still, it does seem like she had some insight regarding the zanpakutohs embodied weapons. When Hitsugi returns, she'll probably forge a more powerful katana herself once she discovers her RESOLVE conviction.

I find it both amusing and interesting that even Ophiel, who seems to be the leader of the apostles proper (second to Mother, naturally), balks at the idea of approaching Phaleg to even request cooperation. She really can do whatever the hell she wants, can't she?

mickbis
Sep 8, 2016, 12:25 AM
I wouldn't mind that much if Phaleg change side because Mother Cluster didn't look fun anymore

Chalun-k_x_light
Sep 8, 2016, 12:26 AM
Ha ha, wow, Kohri is 100% bat guano.

I find it both amusing and interesting that even Ophiel, who seems to be the leader of the apostles proper (second to Mother, naturally), balks at the idea of approaching Phaleg to even request cooperation. She really can do whatever the hell she wants, can't she?

Well,she stated that both Mother Cluster and Earth Guide mean nothing to her.She only want to fight with the strong person.Now that she take an interest in Player-Chan,I bet she'll come out soon.

loafhero
Sep 8, 2016, 01:25 AM
Well,i think Matoi tried to suggest that Hitsugi should find her resolve and reason to fight by herself.It's quite natural to me really.But too bad that her resolve isn't strong enough in the "Kill Or Be Killed" situation.

Well, I agree that it wasn't 100% (Ugh, now I sound like Och) Matoi's fault and Matoi's advice was reasonable but still, Hitsugi literally ended up in the same situation as Matoi did: freezing up upon doubting her resolve conviction, getting stabbed in the gut with a dark energy Sword by her friend who turned crazy, leaving her to nearly bleed to death then saved afterwards by her other friend, leading up to her getting teleported somewhere against her will.

Matoi should have added more to her advice like, "Also, if you happen to see your friend using a suspiciously evil-looking Sword, for the love of Xion, run! Just run and let your other friend do all the fighting! Trust me, I'm speaking from experience! I was lucky enough to not get a large scar on my belly otherwise I'd never be able to wear belly-exposing clothes!".

Forgot to comment about that. Nice confirmation that the other Apostles are scared of Phaleg and even just talking to her is considered a bad idea. Its even implying that Phaleg has the power to single-handedly destroy Vegas.

Also worth noting is that Enga was serious about killing Och and that it was Ophiel who teleported Och away to safety. Damn, that's cold. I know Och is annoying but she's still just a kid.

Chalun-k_x_light
Sep 8, 2016, 01:42 AM
Well, I agree that it wasn't 100% (Ugh, now I sound like Och) Matoi's fault and Matoi's advice was reasonable but still, Hitsugi literally ended up in the same situation as Matoi did: freezing up upon doubting her resolve conviction, getting stabbed in the gut with a dark energy Sword by her friend who turned crazy, and then saved afterwards by her other friend, then leading up to her getting teleported somewhere against her will.

Matoi should have added more to her advice like, "Also, if you happen to see your friend using a suspiciously evil-looking Sword, for the love of Xion, run! Just run and let your other friend do all the fighting! Trust me, I'm speaking from experience! I was lucky enough to not get a large scar on my belly otherwise I'd never be able to wear belly-exposing clothes!".

Forgot to comment about that. Nice confirmation that the other Apostles are scared of Phaleg and even just talking to her is considered a bad idea. Its even implying that Phaleg has the power to single-handedly destroy Vegas.

Also worth noting is that Enga was serious about killing Och and that it was Ophiel who teleported Och away to safety. Damn, that's cold. I know Och is annoying but she's still just a kid.

Well,if Hitsugi's resolve is to fight for protect someone with no-killing rules like Batman(and believe in her resolve strong enough).I think she won't waver when she's challenged to kill someone,because she'll try to fight to win without killing.
About Och,i already guessed she'd be "All Bark No Bite" type at the 1st time she made her appearance.Maybe because i've already seen this kind of character-type too much.But Enga's resolve is strong enough unlike his sister.Who knows if he had already killed someone after joining Earth Guide.
But now,using Hitsugi as a bait&hostage's gonna be tough for him.

loafhero
Sep 8, 2016, 01:56 AM
Well,if Hitsugi's resolve is to fight for protect someone with no-killing rules like Batman(and believe in her resolve strong enough).I think she won't waver when she's challenged to kill someone,because she'll try to fight to win without killing.

Fair point.

Aine
Sep 8, 2016, 04:51 AM
From a story direction standpoint, I have to wonder why they went in the direction of having Hitsugi kidnapped. It just seems like bad writing to have Hitsugi undergo possible character development after surviving a harrowing experience only for her to be reduced into a damsel-in-distress (again) at the end. It would have made more sense to have Aru kidnapped instead to serve as Hitsugi's drive to overcome her fears. At least Aru has a better excuse to be a damsel-in-distress.

I haven't played the story past unlocking Tokyo but I'm pretty sure it has to do with her voice actor going on hiatus

Zephyrion
Sep 8, 2016, 04:55 AM
Ironically, the best and most logical part in this story chapter is the small one about Earth guide's intervention to quell tensions with the Middle East, which is both reminiscent of our current history, and finally explains why Vegas Illusia is a thing : Probably represents the fear of war, which IS by all means something strong enough to summon a boss-like phantom.

Chalun-k_x_light
Sep 8, 2016, 05:21 AM
I haven't played the story past unlocking Tokyo but I'm pretty sure it has to do with her voice actor going on hiatus
Now that you mention it,you maybe right about that.
But on the other side,i think that they had already done recording her voice and just waiting for animators and programmers to create cutscene and stage.

loafhero
Sep 8, 2016, 06:04 AM
I have to wonder why Och thought it was impossible for Playa-chan and Enga to beat her Laplace. Her Laplace isn't even a boss like like Train Ghidoran or Yamato of which were beaten by Playa-chan.

Golgotha
Sep 8, 2016, 06:41 AM
Aru doesnt seem to be a bad Falz, though it still presents an issue with Arks protocol (though I'm sure this will just be handwaved)
If you just click "talk" on Sierra at the bridge, she says he is okay, they do analysis checks on him.
So its probably not pure darker falz, but a photon imitation (Mother says that its photon at least) or some sort of new hybrid matter that was made in the incident of first chapter.

Kohri's broken logic is made more apparent now. To sum up her motivations: "I will kill Hitsugi to save Hitsugi and if she resists, I'll kill her! Then we can be friends again, yay!".

Koori is induced with the notion that Hitsugi is held captive against her will. What she sees is actually a fake Hitsugi, and it becomes even more obvious to her when Hitsugi fails to recognize Norse sword Gram (being a fan of mythology literature) and hesitates to approach her later.
"fake" Hitsugi trying to care about her just agitated her more.

To be fair, Hitsugi didn't ask for what to do in situations when your weapon is directly affected by PMS, how to deal with unimaginably strongest ether-free humans, and how to properly negotiate with your closest friend that just went nuts even further.

Before that particular consultation she was a girl that shouted "my brother is an idiot" in the lobby.

黒雪Yacchi
Sep 8, 2016, 08:21 AM
I just can't wait to lay the smack down on Kohri for being such a dense dumbass. Girl needs to think for herself.

loafhero
Sep 8, 2016, 09:43 AM
Koori is induced with the notion that Hitsugi is held captive against her will. What she sees is actually a fake Hitsugi, and it becomes even more obvious to her when Hitsugi fails to recognize Norse sword Gram (being a fan of mythology literature) and hesitates to approach her later.
"fake" Hitsugi trying to care about her just agitated her more.

... is this sarcasm? Cause that was just bullshit logic that Kohri believes to be true.

Meteor Weapon
Sep 8, 2016, 10:57 AM
I have to wonder why Och thought it was impossible for Playa-chan and Enga to beat her Laplace. Her Laplace isn't even a boss like like Train Ghidoran or Yamato of which were beaten by Playa-chan.

A well skilled and well equipped Hu/Fi MC eats an army of level 75-80 Wolgahda's for breakfast, fought a raging blazing Diabo with only a few people, fought Viel Hunar head on alone(even though Matoi was holding back) and defeated a goddamn Anga Fungarne with only 3 man party(storywise).

I guess she didn't even bother observe or researched what the MC was doing the entire time(seriously her spewing out adding percentage on everything just to show oh how genius she is in math pisses me off and I want her dead already, Luther does better at his calculations lol), same goes with other Mother Cluster having their info blank about what MC is even capable of other than what Mama gave to them.

mickbis
Sep 8, 2016, 10:59 AM
Well Kohri is just insane beyond help

Meteor Weapon
Sep 8, 2016, 11:09 AM
... is this sarcasm? Cause that was just bullshit logic that Kohri believes to be true.

Well, she believes everything what Mama says after all, so that kinda make sense.

mickbis
Sep 8, 2016, 01:22 PM
Went to see Kazanboshi channel
Kohri did really believe that
Hitsugi is someone who move forward without hesitation therefore this Hitsugi is bring tricked or manipulated
She is full of hesitation, Kohri even ask Hitsugi to kill her but Hitsugi cannot do it.
so she killed Hitsugi believe that real Hitsugi will return to her....
She also said mother isn't involve in this, she join that side out of her free will.... because she want power.

with all this dialogue...
NO MERCY... next time we meet she will eat my overend

IchijinKali
Sep 8, 2016, 07:32 PM
For being a supposed 200% threat even among ARKS I sure do love standing around not trying to cut something to pieces, firing a single shot, or casting techs while people talk for annoyingly long times.

loafhero
Sep 8, 2016, 07:35 PM
That's just the detailed, more elaborate explanation of Kohri's logic from Kohri herself but if anyone were to sum it up in a more condensed and easily understood version then this is what you'll most likely get:

To sum up her motivations: "I will kill Hitsugi to save Hitsugi and if she resists, I'll kill her! Then we can be friends again, yay!".

This is pretty much what Kohri's motivations boils down to without all that exposition. Its not like Kohri was worth being taken seriously anyway.

Xaeris
Sep 8, 2016, 07:48 PM
I'm going to give Kohri a bit of the benefit of the doubt. I mean, she's clearly nuts, but I don't think she got there all by herself. I'm thinking she was subjected to some hardcore brainwashing after she left with the apostles, which is why she's so...um, erratic. Ophiel's powers seem to offshoot from his profession as a surgeon (like rescuing pacento-chan by excising her position) so maybe lobotomies are in his wheelbarrow.

loafhero
Sep 8, 2016, 08:12 PM
I'm going to give Kohri a bit of the benefit of the doubt. I mean, she's clearly nuts, but I don't think she got there all by herself. I'm thinking she was subjected to some hardcore brainwashing after she left with the apostles, which is why she's so...um, erratic. Ophiel's powers seem to offshoot from his profession as a surgeon (like rescuing pacento-chan by excising her position) so maybe lobotomies are in his wheelbarrow.

Looking back, it was strange how Ophiel was able to detect a rise in Kohri's breathing and heart rate. Not to mention that the Kohri from before would never have allowed an older man to get so creepily close and touchy with her. Hitsugi had already said before in the earlier chapters that Kohri hates men (but makes an exception for younger boys).

While I can at least believe that Kohri's insanity may have been the result of brainwashing, her stupidity is definitely an inherent trait of hers.

Mattykins
Sep 8, 2016, 08:24 PM
Uhh...

[SPOILER-BOX]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/82442627/pso2/pso2.exe_2016-09-09-00-53-01-764.pngEyes up, kiddo.[/SPOILER-BOX]

黒雪Yacchi
Sep 8, 2016, 08:25 PM
Uhh...

[SPOILER-BOX]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/82442627/pso2/pso2.exe_2016-09-09-00-53-01-764.pngEyes up, kiddo.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Not much to look at kiddo

Kondibon
Sep 8, 2016, 08:32 PM
Looking back, it was strange how Ophiel was able to detect a rise in Kohri's breathing and heart rate. Not to mention that the Kohri from before would never have allowed an older man to get so creepily close and touchy with her. Hitsugi had already said before in the earlier chapters that Kohri hates men (but makes an exception for younger boys).

While I can at least believe that Kohri's insanity may have been the result of brainwashing, her stupidity is definitely an inherent trait of hers.She was acting weird and cultish about Mother Cluster before she even left though. I mean, it clearly didn't help, but she already seemed pretty out of touch from the start.

Xaeris
Sep 8, 2016, 08:38 PM
Oh yeah, she was definitely missing a few screws even at the start of the episode (or before that, if you count the anime cameo). I'm just trying to account for her willingness to attack and kill Hitsugi, since your typical yandere doesn't turn violently hostile on the object of her affection without a compelling stressor. Come to think of it, player-chan sure is lucky she doesn't wind up with a meat cleaver in her skull already.

loafhero
Sep 8, 2016, 08:40 PM
Uhh...

That's what 2 years of cryo sleep will do to you. The thirst gets too real.

She was acting weird and cultish about Mother Cluster before she even left though. I mean, it clearly didn't help, but she already seemed pretty out of touch from the start.

Ah, yes. Now I remember. It was the cutscene where Kohri suddenly got all crazy eyed when Hitsugi suggested that they shouldn't tell Mother about Aru.

ルニス
Sep 8, 2016, 09:41 PM
Ironically, the best and most logical part in this story chapter is the small one about Earth guide's intervention to quell tensions with the Middle East, which is both reminiscent of our current history

Would this consider the Middle East at some time later in PSO2 to possibly be a playable location?

loafhero
Sep 8, 2016, 10:14 PM
Would this consider the Middle East at some time later in PSO2 to possibly be a playable location?

I hope not. Would be far too controversial or at least, just a huge bait for extremely insensitive jokes.

yoshiblue
Sep 8, 2016, 10:38 PM
Could make it similar to Hadred's arena, where the middle east is some sort of one time story only zone.

Zeroem
Sep 9, 2016, 12:03 AM
I see the guy on YT already made the translation, so I guess I'll keep my rough translations to myself.

Honestly, Kohri's already in a deep end; and anything SEGA have in plan to redeem Kohri would only backfired.
Kohri pretty much already doomed to end up in Ruruka spot, instead of Sakakura spot.

.....But, I guess one good thing come out from Baka-tsugi's baka actions in this story mission is that we'll soon tackle one of the big mystery from this episode.
What is Aru? Is he the Endu of PSO2?

mickbis
Sep 9, 2016, 12:07 AM
What is Aru? Is he the Endu of PSO2?

my thought exactly, that could explain why Matoi feel that he is familiar.
maybe Aru is the fragment of Shion and Persona left behind in Naberius ruin
lacking physical body until he meet Hitsugi avatar
and how mother really want him start to make more sense

loafhero
Sep 9, 2016, 02:52 AM
That the Dark Falz creature in the first chapter appeared in the Ultimate Naberius area (which was where Persona and Xion were last seen before becoming PD) and that it had originally targeted Playa-chan first might actually be hinting that it was the fragments of Persona and Xion. There are only two people in the Story that Matoi feels a special connection with and that's Playa-chan/Persona and Xion.

Unless the quadrupedal/wolfcat Anga Fundarge turns out to be connected with Aru/Dark Falz Shota's cat ears, I'm still disappointed that Aru didn't take the form of a black & blue coloured Persona. Such a missed opportunity to pull off a similar epic plot twist like in MB 2-6.

I recall before about some users here who discovered data that suggested that Och and Phul would be fought as two bosses together. Och in this chapter is confirmed to be a team (and possible friends) with Phul so we might be fighting Och again in future chapters but with Phul at her side. Maybe the both of them fuse their favourite Phantoms together to create a new boss? That'd be cool.

Also, I find it funny that while Hitsugi got slashed and stabbed there was actual Danganronpa style blood coming out of her yet when Bethor was killed off in a more gruesome way there was no blood at all. Either this is just due to inconsistent animators or the pink blood is a unique effect of Kohri's Sword. I still don't like the design of Kohri's Sword but if it were to become available it would be cool if the Sword has that pink blood effect every time we hit an enemy.

gabor100
Sep 9, 2016, 06:08 AM
Any reason why every sentence from Hitsugi ends with Kohri and Kohri's with Hitsugi-chan?

Hitsugi-chan
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/fSVK8lP.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Golgotha
Sep 9, 2016, 06:20 AM
Any reason why every sentence from Hitsugi ends with Kohri and Kohri's with Hitsugi-chan?
Its the way japanese language works.
You don't add honorifics in the most extreme version of friendship. You wouldn't even add -chan there.
Koori however doesn't talk TO Hitsugi, she talks ABOUT Hitsugi. This is important.

ed: Well, to be fair, she can still use -chan in normal convo, if its a part of her character.

That's just the detailed, more elaborate explanation of Kohri's logic from Kohri herself but if anyone were to sum it up in a more condensed and easily understood version then this is what you'll most likely get:

No, that's what was actually said in the game. No need to boil or condense it down anywhere.
From her standpoint Arks are villains, and Koori fanatically trusts Mother. Even Hitsugi admitted that she was like that initially, because Mother apparently knows everything and provides an overwhelming sense of comfort.

loafhero
Sep 9, 2016, 07:04 AM
No, that's what was actually said in the game. No need to boil or condense it down anywhere.

Most of us understand exactly what Kohri is saying but no matter how you cut it, it is still a pretty dumb thought process. You can copy paste the entire transcript of Kohri's exact words in detail but then again, "Dumb" is a one syllable word that describes her motivations pretty well.

Only reason I condensed her words down to only two sentences is because Kohri's description is just downright groan-inducing and most of us tend to be very cynical about the Story's writing and characters. Its not that we're lazy or dumb but its that we just like to cut straight through the bullshit.

Golgotha
Sep 9, 2016, 09:05 AM
I made emphasis on events, not their judgement.
That's all to it there is.

Now to wait two months more.

Vatallus
Sep 9, 2016, 12:59 PM
It is almost like her actions can be summed up in one word.

Deranged.

Zorak000
Sep 9, 2016, 01:13 PM
Koori is induced with the notion that Hitsugi is held captive against her will. What she sees is actually a fake Hitsugi, and it becomes even more obvious to her when Hitsugi fails to recognize Norse sword Gram (being a fan of mythology literature)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gram_(mythology)
Nowhere in the Volsunga Saga is a clear description of Gram given, but there is enough scattered throughout the story to draw a picture of the sword. Sigurd's weapons, Gram included, are described as being “all decked with gold and gleaming bright."
uh
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/kb9wDqL.png[/spoiler-box]

"all decked with gold and gleaming bright."

"gold and gleaming bright."

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/oPuz88W.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Xaeris
Sep 9, 2016, 02:29 PM

I lol'ed.

Nyansan
Sep 9, 2016, 08:59 PM
Jokes aside, I feel that if Sega decides to give Kohri some sort of redemption arc (which, knowing sega would most likely happen)we would probably get to see her weapon fitting the 'white-gold' description

黒雪Yacchi
Sep 9, 2016, 09:06 PM
I honestly hope we just outright kill her. Kinda deserves it. Redemption in death.

Fusionxglave
Sep 9, 2016, 09:52 PM
I be part of this thread if I only I finish ep 4 right now. I am just so cloese to finishing ep 3 and starting 4 I'll be join the conversation eventually.

loafhero
Sep 9, 2016, 10:13 PM
I be part of this thread if I only I finish ep 4 right now. I am just so cloese to finishing ep 3 and starting 4 I'll be join the conversation eventually.

Good luck.

IchijinKali
Sep 9, 2016, 10:18 PM
I honestly hope we just outright kill her. Kinda deserves it. Redemption in death.

Well we know that won't happen. I'm having a hard time naming a character that is actually dead. By dead I mean actually confirmed DEAD.

Fusionxglave
Sep 9, 2016, 10:34 PM
Good luck.

Thanks I shall try.

loafhero
Sep 10, 2016, 12:11 AM
uh

This actually explains why Hitsugi didn't recognize the Sword despite being a fan of mythology.

Chalun-k_x_light
Sep 10, 2016, 12:40 AM
Well we know that won't happen. I'm having a hard time naming a character that is actually dead. By dead I mean actually confirmed DEAD.

Judging from story progress so far.Yeah,i think she's gonna redeem like Theodore.
But i prefer to kill her right away though(but that's not gonna happen for sure).
She had a chance to think this through but no,she still believe in Mother to the core.
So,i don't see any reason to spare her for now.Call me cold if you want.^^

loafhero
Sep 10, 2016, 05:27 AM
Wow, when you look back at the story, there is barely a character confirmed to be dead. Only character that I recall who is definitely dead is Hadred.

After a few days looking at this thread after the release of this latest chapter, I think it can be safely said that the general consensus is that Kohri is quite possibly the most hated Story character in PSO2 at least within the PSO-World forums. Not sure about the opinion of Kohri by the JP players though but I really hope that in the next popularity poll with EP4 characters included, Kohri gets ranked REALLY low (while I hope Phaleg gets in the Top 3).

Meteor Weapon
Sep 10, 2016, 06:16 AM
Luther killed a couple of nameless Void Scientist, well they're nameless so they probably don't count. Oh and that poor guy at the prologue.

IchijinKali
Sep 10, 2016, 06:18 AM
Wow, when you look back at the story, there is barely a character confirmed to be dead. Only character that I recall who is definitely dead is Hadred.

I can think of a few others who might be dead. But again no confirmation if they are really dead or not.

[SPOILER-BOX]Xion
Double
by extension Luther and Gettemhart/Elder[/SPOILER-BOX]

Chalun-k_x_light
Sep 10, 2016, 06:39 AM
I can think of a few others who might be dead. But again no confirmation if they are really dead or not.

[SPOILER-BOX]Xion
Double
by extension Luther and Gettemhart/Elder[/SPOILER-BOX]

Well, it can be said that they are still alive as a part of PD(Profound Darkness).Like how Luther's still alive after get killed by Regius being devoured by Double.

黒雪Yacchi
Sep 10, 2016, 07:53 AM
I do think they need to go ahead and grow some balls and just kill someone, dead, permanently. And with how Kohri is acting she deserves to be on the chopping block. When I first saw Hitsugi get axed, I actually did think she was going to die for real, putting Enga in the main NPC spotlight, till they pulled an Aru Ex Machina. Also, the likely-hood of Kohri not doing well in character polls is probably low since, people seem to like Yandere girls.

Meteor Weapon
Sep 10, 2016, 08:01 AM
There's good Kohri fan arts already so i guess that says something about popularity.

NephyrisX
Sep 10, 2016, 08:29 AM
I find it somewhat disturbing that some of you guys are demanding Kohri to be killed because SHE SHOULD TOTALLY KNOW BETTER LOL when it's pretty clear that:

1) She trusts Mother entirely because Mother saved her
2) Her life therefore revolves around Mother and hence trust Mother explicitly
3) Cannot see things from ARKS perspective because she's merely a fake ARKS and therefore not privy to many details
4) Attacks Hitsugi due to Kohri believing Mother wholeheartedly because of said fanatical loyalty for saving her and introducing her to Hitsugi

In other words, Kohri devotes her life to a single, morally questionable entity and wholeheartedly trusts it for understandable reasons, sees ARKS as enemies because they oppose Mother and is clearly not of a sound mind since she broke after Hitsugi, her only friend, left her for ARKS.

loafhero
Sep 10, 2016, 09:13 AM
In other words, Kohri devotes her life to a single, morally questionable entity and wholeheartedly trusts it for understandable reasons, sees ARKS as enemies because they oppose Mother and is clearly not of a sound mind since she broke after Hitsugi, her only friend, left her for ARKS.

We've already discussed that Kohri already had a few screws loose in the head even before Hitsugi left to join ARKS. While Kohri does have a reason to be a complete moron, her stupidity levels are so high that I can't feel sympathetic for her at all. At this point, its less so much that she should die for not knowing better but because the way she is now is so repulsive that some of us just want her dead because every screen time she has annoys the heck out of us.

That said, I don't necessarily want her dead. I just want her defeated and broken at our characters hands.

Luther killed a couple of nameless Void Scientist, well they're nameless so they probably don't count. Oh and that poor guy at the prologue.

There were also the ARKS ops who died during Granny-apprentice's rampage in MB 2-6 but again, nameless characters so it doesn't count too.

Poyonche
Sep 10, 2016, 09:21 AM
That said, I don't necessarily want her dead. I just want her defeated and broken at our characters hands.

Watch it being Kohri defeated by Enga for almost killing his sister.

Chalun-k_x_light
Sep 10, 2016, 09:34 AM
I find it somewhat disturbing that some of you guys are demanding Kohri to be killed because SHE SHOULD TOTALLY KNOW BETTER LOL when it's pretty clear that:

1) She trusts Mother entirely because Mother saved her
2) Her life therefore revolves around Mother and hence trust Mother explicitly
3) Cannot see things from ARKS perspective because she's merely a fake ARKS and therefore not privy to many details
4) Attacks Hitsugi due to Kohri believing Mother wholeheartedly because of said fanatical loyalty for saving her and introducing her to Hitsugi

It should be noted that Hitsugi's not different before Hagito showed himself as Mother's apostle.She trusted Mother enough that Enga often mock her about it.
But after Hagito told her about Mother's intention,she lost her trust in Mother completely.
Kohri's quite different,she only believes that whatever Mother said is always right.There's saying that "just because you are always right all this time doesn't mean that you'll always right" you know.She didn't even try to find out about the truth,she just crying while her head still firm with Mother.Seeing the way of Hagito's doing who claimed that Mother ordered him to.I believe that normal people would already doubt about it.

That aside,I just recalled that Enga mentioned that their parents protected them from an accident(if I'm not mistaken) and died.And Hitsugi mentioned at the time she lost their parents,Mother started talking to Hitsugi and made her one of the members.Somehow,I think it's just too much to be a coincidence.

mickbis
Sep 10, 2016, 10:05 AM
Kohri is just too mindlessly dumb. She did see how Hagito treated Hitsugi with phantom under "Mother request".
Some suspicious guy just threat and about to kill her "dearest friend" with a TANK yet she is ok with all of that !!
combine with how she still asking why Hitsugi betrayed mother... when the answer is bring shown in front of her

A very good friend to have indeed.

That aside,I just recalled that Enga mentioned that their parents protected them from an accident(if I'm not mistaken) and died.And Hitsugi mentioned at the time she lost their parents,Mother started talking to Hitsugi and made her one of the members.Somehow,I think it's just too much to be a coincidence.

Very interesting point. Mother might really did manipulate event to get her capable cluster with right mind suitable to become her pawn

IchijinKali
Sep 10, 2016, 05:22 PM
So,i don't see any reason to spare her for now.Call me cold if you want.^^

Nope I won't because if the game gave me options here are a few things I would've done by now.

Keep attacking after Kohri blocked Enga's initial attack. Just because they block it once doesn't mean everything from then on will be blocked.

The moment Hitsugi starts following Kohri I would shoot to incapacitate, Hitsugi, as she causes enough problems for me that I don't need her out of my sight following a clearly crazy person.

I displayed the ability to negate Doctor's field so it wouldn't be an impossibility that I could brazenly fire at them and actually have an effect. Och would be my target as she is clearly weak using monsters to fight instead of herself.

loafhero
Sep 10, 2016, 09:45 PM

I think I've mentioned that before. Yes, the timing is way too convenient to be considered a coincidence. Apparently, their parents owned a shop but somehow, the building itself collapsed and the parents died protecting Enga and Hitsugi. The father was able to live long enough to tell Enga to take care of Hitsugi.

Mother has already shown to be capable of resorting to murder to get what she wants. We might be seeing a Dark Hitsugi, fueled by vengeance, at some point especially since she absorbed some of Aru's power when Aru healed her.

Vatallus
Sep 12, 2016, 03:13 AM
So, just for the sake of discussion. Someone mentioned it a bit back that Kohri's Glam isn't actually white and gold. What if Mother has an ability to brainwash people? I'm sure she does, have to get the perfect servants somehow.

What I am trying to say is. Kohri doesn't see a dark sword. Kohri sees what would be believed to be Glam if it existed. What we see is a sword full of darkness and clouded judgement.

While I still believe Hitsugi is a joke of a character, and obviously Kohri is. You have to give a bit of a benefit of a doubt of Kohri being completely conscience of her actions and reality. While people are capable of having a clear mind and be "evil", I don't believe Kohri has such a thing right now or she would know herself that wasn't Glam.

And as the post above me has stated, don't be surprised to see a "Dark Hitsugi" also. Mother is probably capable of twisting people into what she wants/they desire.

loafhero
Sep 12, 2016, 03:27 AM
Kohri: It's Gram, don't you know? Hitsugi, how can you not know despite liking Norse mythology... Just as I thought, you're being controlled.

Hitsugi: ...Kohri, Gram is supposed to be white and gold, not black and blue.

Kohri: What are you talking about? It is white and gold!

Hitsugi: No, that's clearly black and blue!

And so, Kohri and Hitsugi proceed to argue endlessly over the actual color of the Sword

Jokes aside, Vatallus might actually have a point about the color of Kohri's Gram being connected to Kohri's blurred views. It may have been intentional to have Kohri's Sword to not be white and gold like the Gram in descriptions so as to represent Kohri's state of mind.

Kinda wish Hitsugi in the Story pointed this out but I doubt Hitsugi, with her currently being a noob when it comes to the nature of Embodied Weapons, would have figured out the connection between the wrong color of Kohri's Gram and Kohri's state of mind.

oratank
Sep 12, 2016, 04:17 AM
do both of them like mythology.? or it just hitsugi because i don't remember when they said kohri like it

IchijinKali
Sep 12, 2016, 04:34 AM
And as the post above me has stated, don't be surprised to see a "Dark Hitsugi" also. Mother is probably capable of twisting people into what she wants/they desire.

Hmm I just imagined a couple of scenarios for that.

Well since we got our first gruesome scene, with censoring reminiscent of "localizing" a game, I imagine they might decide to step it up a notch a real DEATH.

Crazy Hitsugi comes back hmm I wonder if a certain brother can actually fight her or will he spend most of his time trying to talk sense into her and ultimately dying just as she comes to. We can't help him because the plot will demand our attention is focused on something else, Kohri maybe. Because lets be real here the characters who never waver in their convictions don't usually last long in animes and as we all know this is so much like a anime it hurts.

One that isn't often used but is still considered, a trade Aru for Hitsugi. More than likely we say no but Aru is a moron who wants to help Onii-chan so he will do it anyways. We either lose them both or Hitsugi is given to us, more so the latter than former. Then she is just a sleeper agent for Mother til something interesting happens.

Regardless of what happens I say Enga is guaranteed to die before we truly get Hitsugi back. Going by typical anime tropes mind you.

Chalun-k_x_light
Sep 12, 2016, 04:56 AM
The embodied weapons are connected to the state of user's mental after all.So no wonder why Kohri's Gram appears like that.

Somehow I can already imagined what are my three characters gonna do to her when they fight her in a 1-1 battle.

Two of them(CxL & Light)have a strong,cold and quite rude personality.So they'll just keep dodging and parrying her attacks and keeping mocking on her beliefs.Also making a long-boring face while doing so.

While the last one(Satomi) will keep trying to talk some sense into her while fighting due to her shy yet kind personality.

AutumnChronicle
Sep 12, 2016, 04:59 AM
That story update went from
[SPOILER-BOX]https://d2o0lqd7mznn7n.cloudfront.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Saitama.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
to
[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/4Q4xTL4wxLc/maxresdefault.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
real quick.

I knew Laplace's Demon would be a pushover, and I don't really care much for Kohri or any of the villains but it's just frustrating writing for our characters to be so powerful and just be standing around doing nothing.

Chalun-k_x_light
Sep 12, 2016, 05:04 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]https://d2o0lqd7mznn7n.cloudfront.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Saitama.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
to
real quick.

I knew Laplace's Demon would be a pushover, and I don't really care much for Kohri or any of the villains but it's just frustrating writing for our characters to be so powerful and just be standing around doing nothing.

Well,they always made Player-Chan to be like that.Powerful but always stand in a sideline.^^

loafhero
Sep 12, 2016, 05:47 AM
Not sure if the Story has the balls to kill off Enga considering how they didn't have the balls to kill off Zeno before (Enga is already regarded here as Zeno 2.0 and Hitsugi is sort of like Echo minus the romantic feelings).

Maybe killing off Enga might be for the best for Hitsugi's character development. I wouldn't want Hitsugi to be like Echo; a potential for character development but said potential ultimately leads to nowhere and their back to square one.

Plus, I don't see how much more of a role Enga plays into the plot any more beyond introducing Earth Guide.

Off topic, I really am hoping to see a possible Matoi vs Phaleg just so I could see Psycho Matoi make a return for old times sake. Its been a while since the last time Matoi utterly destroyed and humiliate a narcissistic older woman in black.

do both of them like mythology.? or it just hitsugi because i don't remember when they said kohri like it

Only Hitsugi though its possible that Hitsugi managed to get Kohri into sharing an interest in mythology too in the past.

gabor100
Sep 12, 2016, 06:10 AM
Off topic, I really am hoping to see a possible Matoi vs Phaleg just so I could see Psycho Matoi make a return for old times sake. Its been a while since the last time Matoi utterly destroyed and humiliate a narcissistic older woman in black.

We just got Matoi back, leave her out of every fight. Don't want to lose her again.

Dycize
Sep 12, 2016, 06:10 AM
And hey, at least we nope'd Ophiel's teleportation cube on Aru (only for Ophiel to abuse plot powers to take Hitsugi away but you know).
If only Hitsugi had done *anything* tho. I can get not wanting to kill someone, moreso if they're your friend, but after 5 minutes of mad ramblings and assault with giant sword, maybe you could do something other than standing awkwardly as the crazy approaches you. Like running away, or kicking'er in the stomach as she approaches weaponless. ANYTHING even making coffee could at least potentially confuse her.
At least Matoi had no idea that her "friend" who saved her would stab her 5 seconds later. Hitsugi got at least one whole mad monologue. Sigh.
Ah well, we needed a reason for Aru to super falzian on us.

Meteor Weapon
Sep 12, 2016, 06:45 AM
Somehow I wish they made alternate player characters appear in story mode, 2 at max because 3 slots are free just to show that MC has a strong roommate other than the npc's. I would wante my Ice and Fire twins popout for some action lol. But that aint never gonna happen

loafhero
Sep 12, 2016, 07:55 AM
We just got Matoi back, leave her out of every fight. Don't want to lose her again.

Aww, but she's one of the most powerful characters in the Story. Think about it this way, it could finally be the Story's excuse of letting us acquire Matoi's, in her Innocent Cluster outfit, partner card.

AutumnChronicle
Sep 12, 2016, 07:56 AM
Well,they always made Player-Chan to be like that.Powerful but always stand in a sideline.^^

You'd think they at least bother to summon some Phantoms to occupy us so that we at least have a legit excuse for not saving Hitsugi, instead of just standing there looking at the Apostles like a dumbass.

oratank
Sep 12, 2016, 08:09 AM
plot twists player chan let Apostles had Hitsugi so he can track down mother base.enga mad about it and change side join force with phaleg save hitsugi destroy arks and mother happy ending:D

Meteor Weapon
Sep 12, 2016, 08:28 AM
If this wasn't plot blocked, MC(yes, I call him/her that because i dont like the sound "player-chan" being used on MC) could've just used Katana Combat and whoop their asses, Or Sabarta/Grants spam on them. But no, he/she just had to stand there and look like an idiot.

Tymek
Sep 12, 2016, 11:26 AM
uh

This is quality content.

This actually explains why Hitsugi didn't recognize the Sword despite being a fan of mythology.
Yeah. Corrupted because of 'state of mind' and that kind of stuff.

Vintasticvin
Sep 12, 2016, 12:20 PM
Fun twist: Even if we do get to kill Kohri she'll just keep coming back and refuses to stay dead because to her obsession with Hitsugi.

Altiea
Sep 12, 2016, 12:41 PM
Gotta say, the music does a pretty decent job of conveying the mood. I always thought the EP4 event music always had some sort of chaotic feel to it that previous Episodes didn't have. It's... different, but I can't say it's really "bad", per se.

Great Pan
Sep 12, 2016, 07:28 PM
All Mazaa Kusta must be KILLED! FOR GREAT JUSTICE! ARKS IS JUSTICE!

Mattykins
Sep 12, 2016, 07:35 PM
Meh, we all know Mother Cluster is a front. We know who the real villain is.

[SPOILER-BOX]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/82442627/pso2/pso2.exe_2016-09-10-10-02-50-167.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

loafhero
Sep 12, 2016, 07:50 PM
Gotta say, the music does a pretty decent job of conveying the mood. I always thought the EP4 event music always had some sort of chaotic feel to it that previous Episodes didn't have. It's... different, but I can't say it's really "bad", per se.

I don't think its any different than how background music direction was handled in previous Episodes.

I always felt that background music direction in cutscenes to be really bad in PSO2. SEGA is amazing at making memorable soundtracks in-gameplay but, at least in PSO2, background music direction in cutscenes is so lazy.

Meteor Weapon
Sep 12, 2016, 08:51 PM
Altho a different game but...I think God Eater had worser background music direction. Always trying to make it sound epic but fails to fit in a cutscene. I can't even hear WTH they were talking with their glorious blaring epic BGM in the way in a supposedly unfit cutscene. I mean in one cutscene, they're just introducing themselves and all of sudden this epic bgm just came out of nowhere.

loafhero
Sep 12, 2016, 09:31 PM
In a way, PSO2 benefits from not often using heavy metal/rock theme BGMs instead opting for "cutesy", lighthearted music. It has a similar problem of playing loud, unfitting BGM during certain scenes but at least the BGM it does use isn't obnoxiously trying too hard to sound cool and edgy so certain cutscenes are still bearable to watch.

What I'd give to have Martin O'Donnell or Kazuma Jinnouchi (The music composers of the original and new Halo games respectively) get hired to be the music composers of PSO2.

Zysets
Sep 12, 2016, 09:39 PM
Phantasy Star in general always had pretty good music.

Off the top of my head, of all the Phantasy Star games, PSU was the only one where music blared too loud over cutscenes, but the songs were good, and it was technically the first multiplayer Phantasy Star with more story focus.

The classic series still has some of the best music too, which is why I was very excited to hear Ooze during the PD fight. Sega knows how to handle music well, I have yet to feel like a game in the series has let me down in terms of music.

loafhero
Sep 12, 2016, 10:21 PM
They know how to make damn good boss battle music, that's for sure.

Altiea
Sep 12, 2016, 11:03 PM
EP3 had some good event tracks on Harukotan. I forget the name of the one I'm thinking of, but I have it on CD.

mickbis
Sep 13, 2016, 12:22 AM
EP3 had some good event tracks on Harukotan. I forget the name of the one I'm thinking of, but I have it on CD.

I like the the one that run during Sukunahime drama scene

Meteor Weapon
Sep 13, 2016, 08:37 AM
Just wondering, was there any explanation Apprentice not going full blown zerg rush on Earth just for the sake of spreading corruption, other than just searching for a host? I think Apprentice is capable of doing that and just don't give a shit about coletarel damage, was Mother somehow involved in stopping them secretly? Or Sega just plotholed the entire event?

Zysets
Sep 13, 2016, 09:49 AM
The Earth Guides still exist then right? They may have had a hand with that, there's also the fact that ARKS were already on earth before Ep4, like Aika in the anime, and possibly even before her.

But honestly, my best bet is plothole.

mickbis
Sep 13, 2016, 10:47 AM
Insect Darker are still insect they need their queen. Also remember that ARKS regularly patrolled Lilipan and destroy Apprentice regularly to the point her insect force is already thin. So their main priority is to resurrect Apprentice with a proper host body first.

And anime first few episode did mention that there're a train car and several machine go out of controlled so that might be the case too.
Dr. Ophiel did said "We're suppose to rule them not destroy them" so Darker should be their enemy too.

Poyonche
Sep 13, 2016, 11:11 AM
Dr. Ophiel did said "We're suppose to rule them not destroy them" so Darker should be their enemy too.

Wut ? When ?

黒雪Yacchi
Sep 13, 2016, 11:57 AM
The Earth Guides still exist then right? They may have had a hand with that, there's also the fact that ARKS were already on earth before Ep4, like Aika in the anime, and possibly even before her.

But honestly, my best bet is plothole.

There was a conversation between Enga and Aika about how Enga was her contact from Earth Guide during the anime.

mickbis
Sep 13, 2016, 12:51 PM
Wut ? When ?

maybe I got it wrong.I went back and check the Story Quest where we fight Bethor
Dr. Ophiel only said "Mother love this land"and "Their goal isn't to destroy Earth"

黒雪Yacchi
Sep 13, 2016, 01:37 PM
There have been absolutely no Darkers on earth besides in the anime and not since either. Not even in the freefields in game.

Kondibon
Sep 13, 2016, 01:47 PM
There have been absolutely no Darkers on earth besides in the anime and not since either. Not even in the freefields in game.They spawn, just incredibly rarely and it's pretty much always been ragne or Zeshrada.

That said, pretty much anyone who's been paying attention is probably expecting phantom darkers.

Zysets
Sep 13, 2016, 03:01 PM
With Aru being a Falz, and Mother supposedly having some connection to ARKS, which exists to fight Darkers, I really don't see how anyone wouldn't expect Darkers to show up in some form later on, maybe even soon.

黒雪Yacchi
Sep 13, 2016, 03:11 PM
Most speculate Mother to be one of the many failed Shion clones discarded by the Photoners before PD was ultimately created.

Zysets
Sep 13, 2016, 04:22 PM
That only helps the idea of Darkers coming back, Darkers were the "children" of a Xion clone in the first place. If that's the case, I can see why mother would want a Falz to come out of her influence, as well as Phantom Darkers.

I actually hadn't heard that theory yet, I like it. I bet mother could have been the "Falz" like shadow that attacks Hitsugi in chapter 1.

黒雪Yacchi
Sep 13, 2016, 05:04 PM
Where as Darkers are the "children" of PD, by that logic, phantoms would be the children on Mother. Also, following Bethor's death we hear Mother's motive which is revenge. How exactly would creating such a destructive force which could endanger the Earth. When it was stated by Ophiel that she doesn't want to destroy Earth. And on the subject of the shadow in ch. 1 A lot of people speculate it to possibly be a remnant of Shion/Persona Which would explain Aru's falz powers AND why Matoi, when she touched Aru's hand felt "Nostalgic."
Linky (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRoejj9UquE)

Meteor Weapon
Sep 13, 2016, 06:27 PM
Phantom's already existed since the the dawn of time, the discovery of Ether being a thing somehow materialise them to take more physical form a lot more easier. Seriously I would want them to take form of a primordial demons, which could be anything like Cthulhu or any lovecraftian horrors.

黒雪Yacchi
Sep 13, 2016, 07:44 PM
Phantom's already existed since the the dawn of time, the discovery of Ether being a thing somehow materialise them to take more physical form a lot more easier. Seriously I would want them to take form of a primordial demons, which could be anything like Cthulhu or any lovecraftian horrors.

Linky (https://youtu.be/8AKyaZk_H58?t=20m59s) It says in the far past, not the beginning of time. Shoulda brought it up in my last post, but there was no real timeline given on when the Photoners BEGAN to try and copy Shion, only around the time they made their final failure with PD. It could be assumed the Photoners could have been attempting this for millenia. Long enough for it to have started before recorded earth history.

loafhero
Sep 13, 2016, 07:58 PM
INB4 black and blue reskin of Darker enemies and Hitsugi with blue highlights on her hair.

Honestly, Aru having that emo-style blue highlight was just one of the many bad design choices of his Falz design. Why not just make his hair go full blue or have him summon an Ether-themed Coat Edge/Doublis to stab Kohri? Ugh, I REALLY despise Dark Falz Shota's overall design.

I also have to wonder why was it so hard to get pass Laplace to go after Hitsugi. Laplace was incredibly slow. It would have been simple to have Playa-chan fight it one-on-one to draw its attention, allowing Enga to go after Hitsugi.

Zysets
Sep 13, 2016, 08:08 PM
I like Aru's color scheme, the blue instead of purple really makes it so he doesn't come across as evil, kind of like the difference between the corrupted Edge/Doublis and Invade weapons, versus the purified Edge/Doublis and Austere.

The cat ears and tail are what kills it for me, but I can deal with it for now.

Meteor Weapon
Sep 13, 2016, 09:00 PM
Linky (https://youtu.be/8AKyaZk_H58?t=20m59s) It says in the far past, not the beginning of time. Shoulda brought it up in my last post, but there was no real timeline given on when the Photoners BEGAN to try and copy Shion, only around the time they made their final failure with PD. It could be assumed the Photoners could have been attempting this for millenia. Long enough for it to have started before recorded earth history.

Dawn of time of earth, not PSO2 verse. Phantoms don't exist over there unless they had a method of bringing the ether element over there. Phantoms are said to be based on fear so if anything, the Phantoms Darker are probably the ether that was brought in to PSO2 verse and take that form because....well ARKS most greatest fear are Darker's themselves.
I'm gonna bet the final battle of EP4 would take place in a dimension between PSO2 and Earth Universe.

silo1991
Sep 13, 2016, 10:05 PM
i discover the phantoms and darkers are enemies definitely , because , a couple of days ago i fought a dark ragne and a devil trailer and both of the started to fight each other , also the phantom minions target DR too

which makes me think , if phantoms and darkers are enemies , whats the point of mother plans O__o

oratank
Sep 13, 2016, 10:48 PM
as far as the story pointed to she want power to revenge on photoner and arks that dump her. since she is fail copy of xion she may not have enough power yet. that why she need Aru a fragment of pd,xion,persona

Sirius-91
Sep 14, 2016, 12:54 AM
as far as the story pointed to she want power to revenge on photoner and arks the dump her. since her is fail copy of xion she may not have enough power yet. that why she need Aru a fragment of pd,xion,persona
Story didn't point this out, this is largely a theory so far.

Dualdiamond
Sep 14, 2016, 01:33 AM
Finally decided to register since I started following the story line.

I also have to wonder why was it so hard to get pass Laplace to go after Hitsugi. Laplace was incredibly slow. It would have been simple to have Playa-chan fight it one-on-one to draw its attention, allowing Enga to go after Hitsugi.
Laplace is also surprisingly weak in the free field as well. I'd put it above Type10 and Devil, but below Vegas and Train. It was 100% going to lose.

Phantoms are said to be based on fear so if anything, the Phantoms Darker are probably the ether that was brought in to PSO2 verse and take that form because....well ARKS most greatest fear are Darker's themselves.
That or ARKS already being on Earth for a decent amount of time had allowed the ESCA-tower and ether to register ARKS's fears. In the anime, Aika was legit serious about darkers after all. pso2.swiki.jp/ on it's enemy page on the phantom section also had a quote from apparently those message packs that everyone tends to run past saying in reference to the boosted phantoms that have infection cores similar to darker cores that they may be the embodiment of ARKS's bad image aka fear. So it isn't hard to imagine that ARKS themselves give rise to phantom darkers, and possibly things like Phantom Hunar or Angel (which would also let them release 13 star versions of the falz weapons which are outdated now) and such. Just, they wouldn't actually be real darkers.

Mother Cluster themselves are likely very hostile towards darkers since they pose a threat to Earth itself. And since ether has almost the same composition as photons, they can kill darkers 100% without having to be infected themselves. In a case of Photon vs Ether, Ether loses simply due to it being the weaker particle in terms of power. But Ether vs Darker is likely no different than Photon vs Darker. Emerald Tablet and Yamato alone would probably have decimated Apprentice's darker force on Earth (as well as all of Tokyo) had she tried to take over completely.

If I were to take a guess, Mother Cluster and Mother at the very least have parallels to how Xion and Photoners started out. Mother is a seemingly omniscient entity and the apostles are given knowledge and power through Mother. Xiera's lecture (047-D) on Xion and her flaws at understanding emotions is I think relevant. Mother on the other hand has a good grasp on emotions and expresses them herself, she achieved what Xion could not which is a genuine relationship with people. So if she really is a "failed" Xion, she likely overcame it, adapted, evolved and did things Xion could never do.

Personally Erdem Sacred is more suspicious. He's the type of guy you'd expect in a series to be the true villain or become corrupted with his excessive talk on peace and whatnot. While Mother is just out for revenge, in other words, just really angry. Mother Cluster may still a group of bad guys, but not necessarily with bad intentions.

Chalun-k_x_light
Sep 14, 2016, 03:54 AM
Personally Erdem Sacred is more suspicious. He's the type of guy you'd expect in a series to be the true villain or become corrupted with his excessive talk on peace and whatnot. While Mother is just out for revenge, in other words, just really angry. Mother Cluster may still a group of bad guys, but not necessarily with bad intentions.
Well,i agree that Erdem is quite mysterious that i think he might have some other intention in his mind.
But about Mother,i don't know really.I think her orders and her subordinate's way of doing is enough for me to judge if she has good or bad intention

loafhero
Sep 14, 2016, 05:23 AM
If I were to take a guess, Mother Cluster and Mother at the very least have parallels to how Xion and Photoners started out. Mother is a seemingly omniscient entity and the apostles are given knowledge and power through Mother. Xiera's lecture (047-D) on Xion and her flaws at understanding emotions is I think relevant. Mother on the other hand has a good grasp on emotions and expresses them herself, she achieved what Xion could not which is a genuine relationship with people. So if she really is a "failed" Xion, she likely overcame it, adapted, evolved and did things Xion could never do.

Its kinda true. Mother Cluster do share parallels with the Photoners. The Photoners in the Story were often described as being mostly... well, terrible people with a high sense of elitism and misused the knowledge and gifts given to them by Xion. Mother Cluster are similar in this regard.

As for Mother and Xion, I wouldn't say Mother achieved what Xion couldn't. What Xion wanted was to connect with people and form meaningful relationships because she was lonely. Mother manipulates people by using her gifts as a way to buy their loyalty and as we've seen with Kohri and Hitsugi, taking advantage of their vulnerabilities to further her own agenda of revenge. You can see from the way Mother Cluster talks about Mother that they might not actually be close to Mother in an emotional sense. Hagito only sees Mother as a means to benefit his business. Bethor and Phaleg didn't even give a shit about Mother. Och was shown to be rather disrespectful in the way she talked about Mother. Kohri doesn't count because she's, as we've discussed before, incredibly stupid and unstable.

However, I can't deny that Mother has a great understanding of people to know exactly how to use them.

Chalun-k_x_light
Sep 14, 2016, 05:56 AM
As for Mother and Xion, I wouldn't say Mother achieved what Xion couldn't. What Xion wanted was to connect with people and form meaningful relationships because she was lonely. Mother manipulates people by using her gifts as a way to buy their loyalty and as we've seen with Kohri and Hitsugi, taking advantage of their vulnerabilities to further her own agenda of revenge. You can see from the way Mother Cluster talks about Mother that they might not actually be close to Mother in an emotional sense. Hagito only sees Mother as a means to benefit his business. Bethor and Phaleg didn't even give a shit about Mother. Och was shown to be rather disrespectful in the way she talked about Mother. Kohri doesn't count because she's, as we've discussed before, incredibly stupid and unstable.

Well,I think that most member of apostle have their own desire that Mother'd probably give them if they worked for her.Like,Hagito wants to increase his Business success,Bethor wants to make the greatest film human can ever made,Phaleg wants to fight with a strong individual.I think that's why they're still working despite their own disloyalty.But i'll call Phaleg's case as a "Killing two birds with a one stone",she doesn't care about Mother.But if she meets the strong individual who try to oppose Mother,i think she will fight & kill them without Mother's Order.That'll just make Mother gains more benefit for keeping Phaleg around.Making the opposite side acknowledge and fear her power but also get rid of those who has a possibility to stop Mother too.

loafhero
Sep 14, 2016, 06:43 AM
Well,I think that most member of apostle have their own desire that Mother'd probably give them if they worked for her.Like,Hagito wants to increase his Business success,Bethor wants to make the greatest film human can ever made,Phaleg wants to fight with a strong individual.I think that's why they're still working despite their own disloyalty.But i'll call Phaleg's case as a "Killing two birds with a one stone",she doesn't care about Mother.But if she meets the strong individual who try to oppose Mother,i think she will fight & kill them without Mother's Order.That'll just make Mother gains more benefit for keeping Phaleg around.Making the opposite side acknowledge and fear her power but also get rid of those who has a possibility to stop Mother too.

That's what I'm saying. None of the Apostles shown to us so far have any real emotional bond with Mother in the way Xion had with Matoi and Playa-chan. In Hagito's own words, its just business. The Apostles are useful to Mother, Mother is useful to the Apostles. In the end, their all just using each other.

Chalun-k_x_light
Sep 14, 2016, 07:05 AM
That's what I'm saying. None of the Apostles shown to us so far have any real emotional bond with Mother in the way Xion had with Matoi and Playa-chan. In Hagito's own words, its just business. The Apostles are useful to Mother, Mother is useful to the Apostles. In the end, their all just using each other.

I think Dr.DIO(Ophiel) is an exception though.From my opinion,he's the most loyal apostle to Mother since he always follow her orders to the letter and always act as Mother's representative.

Meteor Weapon
Sep 14, 2016, 07:12 AM
Both PD and Mother are what Xion wouldn't want to be. PD being the perfect clone absorbed way too much negative emotion and ended up becoming the ultimate failure, Mother the possible failed clone that evolved into what the supposed to be a perfect clone of Xion by itself which the photoners themselves overlooked, but was succumbed to revenge eventually.

I think Mother was already there on Earth for hundreds of years before the modern day and silently watching humanity, but the resonance from PD trying to hold Matoi as it's host and Xion sending Matoi straight to the future from the 10 years ago event somehow reached her. She then attempted to haste humanities progress in civilisation just to reach ARKS for her revenge, despite knowing almost all Photoners got wiped out. She wanted the power of a Falz so she could use it against ARKS, which is why she probably wants Aru.

I predict Mother eventually realised what she was just doing was all for nothing. Having observed silently on earth for a few hundred years/or possibly thousand, she might hate humanity for the wars and violence they have commited but she herself was said she intends no harm on Earth, so bringing PD's army to earth would probably the biggest mistake she could have made.

Stormwalker
Sep 14, 2016, 08:15 AM
to
real quick.

Once again, the player character is not a character in Episode 4. Just a walking plot device.

SEGA, just give us the Matoi Episode 4 partner card already so I can stop doing Episode 4 story missions. That's all I want.

loafhero
Sep 14, 2016, 08:40 PM
I just hope Matoi's VA readjusts the way she voices Matoi by the time she appears again in the next Story update.

I just rewatched old EP2 and 3 cutscenes involving Matoi and I can definitely say that Matoi's voice in EP4 is far too slow and soft compared to how she sounded before. I get that Matoi had always desired to act more graceful and feminine but her current voicing sounds too forced.

Altiea
Sep 14, 2016, 08:45 PM
Once again, the player character is not a character in Episode 4. Just a walking plot device.

SEGA, just give us the Matoi Episode 4 partner card already so I can stop doing Episode 4 story missions. That's all I want.

Plot twist: You only get it from one of the last few Story Quests. I'd laugh if this happened.

Sirius-91
Sep 15, 2016, 01:36 AM
I just hope Matoi's VA readjusts the way she voices Matoi by the time she appears again in the next Story update.

I just rewatched old EP2 and 3 cutscenes involving Matoi and I can definitely say that Matoi's voice in EP4 is far too slow and soft compared to how she sounded before. I get that Matoi had always desired to act more graceful and feminine but her current voicing sounds too forced.
She sounded that way in the anime, so I highly doubt they'll change it.

loafhero
Sep 15, 2016, 01:49 AM
Plot twist: You only get it from one of the last few Story Quests. I'd laugh if this happened.

Or worse, they don't and instead they give us Hitsugi's partner card while "congratulating" us on completing EP4's Story... I wouldn't be laughing, of course.

AutumnChronicle
Sep 15, 2016, 07:00 AM
Just wait till they bring Itsuki and Rina back into the story!

Altiea
Sep 15, 2016, 12:53 PM
Or worse, they don't and instead they give us Hitsugi's partner card while "congratulating" us on completing EP4's Story... I wouldn't be laughing, of course.

I was kidding. I just like to spite people once in a while. Although I don't actually expect them to give Matoi's PC until mid or late story, either through some Big Damn Heroes moment where she reappears without warning and saves Hitsugi because she can't handle herself or did something stupid again, or through an innocuous side event. I'm honestly surprised that we've only gotten two PCs so far this far into the story.

Zysets
Sep 15, 2016, 03:10 PM
Just wait till they bring Itsuki and Rina back into the story!

They're not really relevant anymore, but I want Itsuki and Aika to come in just because I'm a big fan of their respective voice actors. Especially Itsuki's VA.

AutumnChronicle
Sep 15, 2016, 10:05 PM
They're not really relevant anymore, but I want Itsuki and Aika to come in just because I'm a big fan of their respective voice actors. Especially Itsuki's VA.

>_> I was poking fun at what kind of sick plot twist they can throw at us. Who in their right mind would want to see Itsuki steal their spotlight?! ... just hope I'm not jinxing it.

Altiea
Sep 15, 2016, 10:08 PM
>_> I was poking fun at what kind of sick plot twist they can throw at us. Who in their right mind would want to see Itsuki steal their spotlight?! ... just hope I'm not jinxing it.

The problem with that is that Itsuki and Rina lost the power to control Photons after using Plotgazer to kill Apprentice.

Zysets
Sep 15, 2016, 10:09 PM
Oh I know you were joking, I'm just saying that I would sincerely be okay with them coming back as supporting characters or something, just because I like their voice actors.

Altiea
Sep 15, 2016, 10:42 PM
Oh I know you were joking, I'm just saying that I would sincerely be okay with them coming back as supporting characters or something, just because I like their voice actors.

Well, we got Ayaka Suwa in PSO2 Station. I think Shouta Aoi is stuck in the realm of PSO2 spinoffs.

Stormwalker
Sep 16, 2016, 12:24 AM
I was kidding. I just like to spite people once in a while. Although I don't actually expect them to give Matoi's PC until mid or late story, either through some Big Damn Heroes moment where she reappears without warning and saves Hitsugi because she can't handle herself or did something stupid again, or through an innocuous side event. I'm honestly surprised that we've only gotten two PCs so far this far into the story.

That's self-fulfilling, because we're in Chapter 4 already, which would be mid-story even in the 10-chapter Episode 1, much less Ep. 2 or 3.

What I was getting at, though, is the only reason I am doing Episode 4 story quests anymore is so I can get Matoi's Ep. 4 partner card as quickly as possible when it becomes available (because it seems likely to be gated behind story content). Other than that, I've completely lost interest in Episode 4's story.

AutumnChronicle
Sep 16, 2016, 12:25 AM

no please that'll make us more of a walking plot device than we already are! ; ;

But I'll agree that their VAs are nice though.

Meteor Weapon
Sep 16, 2016, 12:44 AM
I dont like itsuki's voice

Altiea
Sep 16, 2016, 01:02 AM
That's self-fulfilling, because we're in Chapter 4 already, which would be mid-story even in the 10-chapter Episode 1, much less Ep. 2 or 3.

What I was getting at, though, is the only reason I am doing Episode 4 story quests anymore is so I can get Matoi's Ep. 4 partner card as quickly as possible when it becomes available (because it seems likely to be gated behind story content). Other than that, I've completely lost interest in Episode 4's story.

Mid...er, I suppose? It depends on how many chapters they intend to have, considering the actual number tends to fluctuate. They've been good on sticking to one Chapter per month.

Altiea
Sep 16, 2016, 01:03 AM
You know, I find it kind of funny that no one brings up -ON STAGE- in spite of the fact that they did the Earth plot way sooner than the actual game did. They even reused a fair number of the play's actors for the anime.

loafhero
Sep 16, 2016, 05:21 AM

Me neither especially when Itsuki is trying to be serious. Just try to keep a straight face every time he yells in the anime.

You know, I find it kind of funny that no one brings up -ON STAGE- in spite of the fact that they did the Earth plot way sooner than the actual game did. They even reused a fair number of the play's actors for the anime.

Maybe because: A) Its not something most of us here have heard about; B) No translation; and C) Live anime stage plays are sometimes extremely embarrassing to watch.

Altiea
Sep 16, 2016, 05:23 AM
Me neither especially when Itsuki is trying to be serious. Just try to keep a straight face every time he yells in the anime.

Maybe because: A) Its not something most of us here have heard about; B) No translation; and C) Live anime stage plays are sometimes extremely embarrassing to watch.

Meh, true enough. Just thought it was rather amusing that it gets overlooked more than Nova does (and is probably non-canon).

Zysets
Sep 16, 2016, 09:09 AM

I loved -On Stage-, it was corny in the way it was presented, but it's a lot of fun. The fight with Elder towards the end of the stage show is both ridiculous and entertaining at the same time. I think it's kind of obvious that the stage show may have just been somewhat recycled into the anime, there's way too many similarities. The in game Ep4 isn't quite the same, but the possibility is there too.

Actually, my reasoning for liking Itsuki at all, is that I was already a fan of his voice actor, he has a singing career, I own quite a few of his CDs...

Sirius-91
Sep 16, 2016, 10:33 AM
Actually, my reasoning for liking Itsuki at all, is that I was already a fan of his voice actor, he has a singing career, I own quite a few of his CDs...
That's how I am with Aika's VA.

Loved her in her acting debut in Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger.

Zysets
Sep 16, 2016, 10:44 AM
That's how I am with Aika's VA.

Loved her in her acting debut in Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger.

Yup, I watched Gokaiger as well and became a fan. Objectively speaking (no biases from previous roles), she's a great voice actress and a great choice for a character like Aika.

Squall179
Sep 16, 2016, 01:57 PM
Hence why I said "hardly ever"; indicating that, for all the moments you absolutely CANNOT take him seriously, the few moments where you do tend to make you forget that he's a loudmouthed shonen senshi who just so happens to share his name with one of the three nephews of Scrooge McDuck (which also explains why I find the name cringe-worthy; to me, DuckTales and all Disney toons are meant for widdle kiddy kids).

Yes, he happens to be a badass; unfortunately the writers made the script leaning towards him being the proverbial butt monkey of the Council (more so than Zeno - at least HE can be taken seriously more often than not).

Silly human, don't you realize...
...He is the Human Incarnation of Sonic the Hedgehog?!

loafhero
Sep 16, 2016, 10:30 PM
Silly human, don't you realize...
...He is the Human Incarnation of Sonic the Hedgehog?!

But Sonic is actually popular within his respective universe. Huey isn't (in-universe) but that's part of his charm. It also adds an interesting parallel between him and Claris Claes III while justifying why their both so close; they are both not well-liked by their fellow ARKS because of their attitudes.

黒雪Yacchi
Sep 17, 2016, 10:09 AM
So what do y'all think will happen next chapter?

Poyonche
Sep 17, 2016, 10:15 AM
I hope Phaleg show up again and i hope we will finally discover Mother Cluster HQ.

But what I want the most is to punch Och and Kohri (or hit them with Coat Doublis in cutscene, tired of standing like an idiot).

黒雪Yacchi
Sep 17, 2016, 10:20 AM
I hope they do an official reveal of 'Mother' and I do hope we get to smack the crap out of Kohri

IchijinKali
Sep 17, 2016, 10:49 AM
I hope Phaleg show up again and i hope we will finally discover Mother Cluster HQ.

But what I want the most is to punch Och and Kohri (or hit them with Coat Doublis in cutscene, tired of standing like an idiot).

Until we are the only hero in the scene that will never happen much. The most we will do is similar to when we prevented Aru from being kidnapped.

Chalun-k_x_light
Sep 17, 2016, 10:51 AM
Kohri's gonna be like Theodore-kun i think,shown to be strong at the debut but in the end beaten by Player-Chan like a piece of cake.
Phaleg's gonna be troublesome,i don't think that Sega'll just make her most powerful earth-being to lose to Player-Chan in an instant.

mickbis
Sep 17, 2016, 11:37 AM
Phaleg fight should be the true contest of strength. She pretty much took all our skill head on while smiling and that isn't even her true strength either.
At this rate, both Phaleg and Opiel could be the only cluster that give us some trouble.
Still player-chan didn't go all out in storyquest either,
It look like we go "It your Earthling problems so you solve that troublesome matter yourself! I will intervene in fighting or if it become too dangerous tho " policy for now

Zysets
Sep 17, 2016, 11:42 AM
Kohri's gonna be like Theodore-kun i think,shown to be strong at the debut but in the end beaten by Player-Chan like a piece of cake.

This is what I was thinking, she was really close friends with Hitsugi, I don't think they'll just let you beat her and leave it at that.

Chalun-k_x_light
Sep 17, 2016, 12:23 PM
This is what I was thinking, she was really close friends with Hitsugi, I don't think they'll just let you beat her and leave it at that.

Yeah,i can already imagined the scene that Hitsugi tries to talk to Kohri while Player-Chan & Enga stand sidelines(as always).

I still prefer to keep stomping on Kohri's head and keep mocking her though.

黒雪Yacchi
Sep 17, 2016, 02:13 PM
It'd be nice if Hitsugi at least offed her if Sega won't let the player character do it.

Zysets
Sep 17, 2016, 02:44 PM
I wouldn't want to kill her, she's obnoxious, but it seems like it's because she doesn't know better about the situation. I'd rather kick her around and stomp her down to get her to snap out of the obsession with Mother.

IchijinKali
Sep 17, 2016, 03:29 PM
I wouldn't want to kill her, she's obnoxious, but it seems like it's because she doesn't know better about the situation. I'd rather kick her around and stomp her down to get her to snap out of the obsession with Mother.

Soooo the same thing we did with Theodore?

黒雪Yacchi
Sep 17, 2016, 04:13 PM
Yes, yes reuse recent plot lines =w=

Zysets
Sep 17, 2016, 08:37 PM
Actually, I'm rewatching all the Ep4 cutscenes so far, and I/ feel like this story is just Ep1-3 all over again, but this time the player is a mentor figure to the new hero and their "Matoi", Hitsugi and Aru.

It's a bit disappointing because we're not the hero anymore, but then again, in the original PSO I never felt like we were the hero either. Who knows how this story will go from here on out. I do feel much more interested watching it a second time though, particularly scenes after the Yamato incident.

AutumnChronicle
Sep 17, 2016, 09:41 PM
Phaleg fight should be the true contest of strength. She pretty much took all our skill head on while smiling and that isn't even her true strength either.

Now that I think about it, it doesn't make sense for Phaleg to remain in Mother Cluster. She'd have way more strong opponents to fight as part of ARKS. >_>

loafhero
Sep 17, 2016, 11:20 PM
Kohri being Theodore 2.0... why didn't I see that earlier?! XD

I'm looking forward to a round 2 with Phaleg. Her boss fight was fun and its nice that the Story is providing an in-canon challenge for Playa-chan to justify his/her involvement.

Now that I think about it, it doesn't make sense for Phaleg to remain in Mother Cluster. She'd have way more strong opponents to fight as part of ARKS. >_>

But then she'd have to put up with the stricter rules and the whole "we're the good guys" stuff. Being part of the bad guys works for Phaleg as there's usually more freedom in being a bad guy.

You could argue that fighting ARKS is more of a challenge than the enemies that ARKS fights. The monsters that ARKS has beaten are big and powerful but were ultimately defeated by ARKS. Thus, making ARKS the stronger foe by default.

AutumnChronicle
Sep 17, 2016, 11:28 PM
But then she'd have to put up with the stricter rules and the whole "we're the good guys" stuff. Being part of the bad guys works for Phaleg as there's usually more freedom in being a bad guy.

You could argue that fighting ARKS is more of a challenge than the enemies that ARKS fights. The monsters that ARKS has beaten are big and powerful but were ultimately defeated by ARKS. Thus, making ARKS the stronger foe by default.

That'd imply we were all goody two-shoes, since there were rogues like Gettemhart. I don't think Melrondia even got a slap on a wrist for her role in resurrecting Elder either so I doubt that'd be a major consideration.

Not that she would officially join ARKS, but imo it would make more sense for her to be a wild card and not a direct antagonist. Bet she'd have fun solo-ing PD/Apprentice/Magatsu suppressions.

Altiea
Sep 17, 2016, 11:30 PM
Kohri being Theodore 2.0... why didn't I see that earlier?! XD

I'm looking forward to a round 2 with Phaleg. Her boss fight was fun and its nice that the Story is providing an in-canon challenge for Playa-chan to justify his/her involvement.

We can melt the strongest entity in the game, a universe-demolishing representation of true darkness and ultimate destruction, simply through tactics abuse and Compound Techs. So technically, ARKS are the strongest beings in the universe.

loafhero
Sep 18, 2016, 12:21 AM
That'd imply we were all goody two-shoes, since there were rogues like Gettemhart. I don't think Melrondia even got a slap on a wrist for her role in resurrecting Elder either so I doubt that'd be a major consideration.

Remember, that was back when ARKS was being manipulated by Luther so the likes of Gettemhart were allowed at the time because as long as he was strong and killing stuff, his behaviour was irrelevant.

Now, after the reformation, ARKS is probably less tolerant of "Gettemhart-like" behaviour.

Xaeris
Sep 18, 2016, 02:03 AM
Warning: upcoming story spoilers as seen in the trailers.
[spoiler-box]
I can't help but imagine Player-chan talking to Phaleg and going "oh, hey, I'm flattered, but I'm not really looking for a crazed battle freak rival right now. Ooo, but I know someone I could introduce you to!"

And they Huey goes and pulls a Whorf.
[/spoiler-box]

mickbis
Sep 18, 2016, 02:21 AM
Warning: upcoming story spoilers as seen in the trailers.
[spoiler-box]
I can't help but imagine Player-chan talking to Phaleg and going "oh, hey, I'm flattered, but I'm not really looking for a crazed battle freak rival right now. Ooo, but I know someone I could introduce you to!"

And they Huey goes and pulls a Whorf.
[/spoiler-box]
[spoiler-box]Just see that and whooaaa... Phaleg blown Huey away and Huey just return her favor with his Genesis Knuckle
Too much hype
Huey is a perfect match against Phaleg since both using fire base weapon/attack
[/spoiler-box]

Poyonche
Sep 18, 2016, 02:21 AM
Lets go to the Moon !

I absolutely don't understand anything in this trailer, is Kohri starting to grow a brain or is she still in "I love you Mother make me kids" mode ?

Chalun-k_x_light
Sep 18, 2016, 02:45 AM
Lets go to the Moon !

I absolutely don't understand anything in this trailer, is Kohri starting to grow a brain or is she still in "I love you Mother make me kids" mode ?

Probably the "I love you Mother make me kids" mode.

loafhero
Sep 18, 2016, 05:27 AM
With the recent look at Story content in the new trailers:

[SPOILER-BOX]- I'm actually pretty okay with Huey vs Phaleg. Flaming Punches vs Flaming Kicks. That cutscene of Huey's punch colliding with Phaleg's kick was quite epic.

- Matoi and Playa-chan are finally reunited! While I had hoped that Matoi would be placed in the Bridge area, it is still nice to see her back at her original spot. That we finally get her EP4 Partner Card is a huge bonus. We can finally say goodbye to her ugly EP3 outfit and say hello to her hotter and overall, better EP4 look.

- Moon map looks interesting. I wonder if a low gravity gimmick, ala Borderlands the Pre-Sequel, will be implemented.

- Mother's face turns out to not resemble Xion but in fact, looks more like Xiao.

- Och and Phul team up, using the most terrifying weapons ever conceived by mankind! *gasp* Set Squares and Large Books! Those monsters! [/SPOILER-BOX]

Vatallus
Sep 18, 2016, 05:38 AM
Bro, don't joke about that. People in this day and age refuse to read anything. You know how many people would drop a load in their pants if they saw a book that big?

loafhero
Sep 18, 2016, 05:50 AM
Bro, don't joke about that. People in this day and age refuse to read anything. You know how many people would drop a load in their pants if they saw a book that big?

Who said I was joking? I was dead serious. That Set Square and Big Ass Book brought back some nasty memories in me! Truly, Phantoms are the embodiment of our greatest fears!

I imagine Playa-chan would be pretty confused over what their holding considering how advanced Oracle is:

[SPOILER-BOX]P-chan: What's that your holding?

Phul: Eh? Its a book.

P-chan: A what?

Phul: A book... wait, you've never seen a book before? Its the thing you read from!

P-chan: Oh, you mean holograms!

Phul:... [/SPOILER-BOX]

oratank
Sep 18, 2016, 05:51 AM
remember the housekeeping that didn't show her face i think mother is a shape shifter.she won't show xion face until the time she reveal her true identity.

Chalun-k_x_light
Sep 18, 2016, 05:53 AM
With the recent look at Story content in the new trailers:

[SPOILER-BOX]- I'm actually pretty okay with Huey vs Phaleg. Flaming Punches vs Flaming Kicks. That cutscene of Huey's punch colliding with Phaleg's kick was quite epic.

- Matoi and Playa-chan are finally reunited! While I had hoped that Matoi would be placed in the Bridge area, it is still nice to see her back at her original spot. That we finally get her EP4 Partner Card is a huge bonus. We can finally say goodbye to her ugly EP3 outfit and say hello to her hotter and overall, better EP4 look.

- Moon map looks interesting. I wonder if a low gravity gimmick, ala Borderlands the Pre-Sequel, will be implemented.

- Mother's face turns out to not resemble Xion but in fact, looks more like Xiao.

- Och and Phul team up, using the most terrifying weapons ever conceived by mankind! *gasp* Set Squares and Large Books! Those monsters! [/SPOILER-BOX]

Well,Och & Phul will probably get killed at the worst case because Enga is in a very bad mood for now.

loafhero
Sep 18, 2016, 06:01 AM
Well,Och & Phul will probably get killed at the worst case because Enga is in a very bad mood for now.

I hope not. At the very least, I hope Playa-chan stops Enga and shows mercy.

As much as a joke Mother Cluster are, Och and Phul are still just teenagers/young adults and their not annoyingly evil like Double were.

Chalun-k_x_light
Sep 18, 2016, 06:28 AM
I hope not. At the very least, I hope Playa-chan stops Enga and shows mercy.

As much as a joke Mother Cluster are, Och and Phul are still just teenagers/young adults and their not annoyingly evil like Double were.

Unless Och said something that would trigger Enga's anger you know.She's quite cocky more than Phul from my opinion.

Meteor Weapon
Sep 18, 2016, 07:25 AM
Inb4 Phul is actually using Necronomican to spawn lovecraftian spawns.

loafhero
Sep 18, 2016, 07:37 AM
Inb4 Phul is actually using Necronomican to spawn lovecraftian spawns.

That'd be awesome.

Zeroem
Sep 18, 2016, 08:35 AM
Well, I'm going to be that guy who slightly disappointed about CV choice for Mother. It would be a nice parallel to pick Megumi Ogata (again) to be the voice of Mother. That could be an interesting choice and help solidify the theory spinning around regarding who is Mother.

.......Then again, Megumi's being busy voicing the SHSL Bullshit and Ultimate Hope in Danganronpa. And Rina Satō is actually a good seiyuu (though might be hard for me to not imagine her as Biri-biri).

That aside, gonna be interested as about how the Ruler and Book worked as weapons,and Huey's duel against Phaleg.
And whether Emilia and Vivienne's presence in Oracle meant the confirmation of the sub-space travel (just a random side-note, but hey).

loafhero
Sep 18, 2016, 08:41 AM
Wait, didn't the plot of Phantasy Star Portable 1 and 2 involve the Guardians experimenting with sub-space travel?

黒雪Yacchi
Sep 18, 2016, 09:00 AM
Only PSP2, PSP1 was more of a follow-up to the story of PSU

mickbis
Sep 18, 2016, 09:19 AM
Maybe we can travel to PSP universe in the future episode ?

Meteor Weapon
Sep 18, 2016, 09:27 AM
EP5, travel to Gurhal plz. That'd be the greatest thing ever.

Meteor Weapon
Sep 18, 2016, 09:32 AM
That aside, gonna be interested as about how the Ruler and Book worked as weapons.

Gameplay-wise PC pulverises them with purified Profound Darkness-based weapon known as the Austere series, the end. _(<:3/

mickbis
Sep 18, 2016, 09:35 AM
Oh and the introduction of Beast as a starter race too.... please do it in EP5 plz SEGA

Zanverse
Sep 18, 2016, 09:40 AM
With the route that's being taken with these PSU collabs, I have a feeling there's some involvement with the story. Perhaps PSO2/PSU/PSP co-exist in the same universe...

Chalun-k_x_light
Sep 18, 2016, 09:44 AM
Oh and the introduction of Beast as a starter race too.... please do it in EP5 plz SEGA

Well,if they add Beast race's special ability too.It'll be a lot more work to them.

mickbis
Sep 18, 2016, 09:44 AM
With the route that's being taken with these PSU collabs, I have a feeling there's some involvement with the story. Perhaps PSO2/PSU/PSP co-exist in the same universe...

ืืSame game yes... but different universe
Imagine if ARKS manage to secure travel route with both Earth universe and PSU/PSP universe
the game can be so big.... with more way for SEGA to implement different world

Sirius-91
Sep 18, 2016, 09:46 AM
PSU anniversary. Just like PSO1's with ragol memories, it's now PSU's turn.

mickbis
Sep 18, 2016, 09:48 AM
Well,if they add Beast race's special ability too.It'll be a lot more work to them.

That what we fear... it might be a lot of work... but it not impossible, hope SEGA can surprise us

PSU anniversary. Just like PSO1's with ragol memories, it's now PSU's turn.

but SEGA clearly put more effort this time.. with PSU part 2
They could just give us Emiria CO and partner card and done with it like usual instead of giving us Story Event

loafhero
Sep 18, 2016, 10:12 AM
It came as a surprise to me that Vivienne and Emilia were going to have actual Story content related to them instead of making them just dispense unique COs as per usual of guest NPCs. It would be awesome if this is meant to be a teaser for EP5.

Nyansan
Sep 18, 2016, 10:20 AM
I think the guest NPCs having storylines are part of Sega's plan to buy time via filler episodes while Hitsugi's VA is on indefinite hiatus.

loafhero
Sep 18, 2016, 10:35 AM
Kinda hope we get additional Pietro side stories involving the superior types of the first three Summoner pets.

Zysets
Sep 18, 2016, 10:48 AM
I'm super excited for PSU Part 2, but I'm a bit bitter that Ethan and Karen didn't get actual cutscenes, but oh well, what can I do?

Still, I'm loving the PSU love, PSU had an atmosphere and setting that I really enjoyed, so I'm glad they're really going full steam with this anniversary.

Tymek
Sep 18, 2016, 11:17 AM

>Matoi's EP4 Partner Card

So, uh, when did you get the ability to predict the future?

It came as a surprise to me that Vivienne and Emilia were going to have actual Story content related to them instead of making them just dispense unique COs as per usual of guest NPCs. It would be awesome if this is meant to be a teaser for EP5.

This is actually something I've been thinking about and wanting since the Story Board, and PSU 10th Anniversary collaborations.
Side Stories. Or Sub Stories. Involving Karen and Ethan or something like that. A PSU 10th Anniversary side story, or something like that.

We're getting it now, somewhat.
And it's cool as...frick.
My point is; I've wanted something like this to happen for a long time and it's awesome to finally see it happen.

UPDATE: 18/09/2016 18:18

I'm super excited for PSU Part 2, but I'm a bit bitter that Ethan and Karen didn't get actual cutscenes, but oh well, what can I do?
Exactly what I was talking about.
(I just didn't see your post yet, haha.)

Zeroem
Sep 18, 2016, 12:33 PM
It would be a cruel joke if the reason Ethan and Karen get inferior treatment compared to Emilia and Vivienne is to mirror Itsuki and Rina's treatment (main hero and heroine, but get second-rate treatment in PSO2).

But honestly, I think perhaps Ethan VA was busy while Karen VA still haunted by the incident (though I heard she did start attend event again this year). Other possible answer probably because the differences of in-game role between Emilia+Vivienne and Ethan/Karen (Emilia is a genius, after all. And Vivienne are special existence in PSPo.)

Meteor Weapon
Sep 18, 2016, 01:06 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeMVBLyhQnE

Zysets
Sep 18, 2016, 01:14 PM
It would be a cruel joke if the reason Ethan and Karen get inferior treatment compared to Emilia and Vivienne is to mirror Itsuki and Rina's treatment (main hero and heroine, but get second-rate treatment in PSO2).

But honestly, I think perhaps Ethan VA was busy while Karen VA still haunted by the incident (though I heard she did start attend event again this year). Other possible answer probably because the differences of in-game role between Emilia+Vivienne and Ethan/Karen (Emilia is a genius, after all. And Vivienne are special existence in PSPo.)

That was the Neptunia event incident right? I hope she's well after that, I would be pretty shaken up after such an incident. If that were the case, then I completely understand the lack of extra content for Ethan and Karen.

In universe, I don't see why Ethan and Karen wouldn't get special attention too, they were the main characters involved in stopping the SEED crisis, and they were both seen as heroes by the end of the PSP game series.

Tymek
Sep 18, 2016, 01:35 PM
That was the Neptunia event incident right? I hope she's well after that, I would be pretty shaken up after such an incident. If that were the case, then I completely understand the lack of extra content for Ethan and Karen.

In universe, I don't see why Ethan and Karen wouldn't get special attention too, they were the main characters involved in stopping the SEED crisis, and they were both seen as heroes by the end of the PSP game series.

Wait...
Haunted by the incident?

"Neptunia incident"?
Did I...miss something?

Altiea
Sep 18, 2016, 02:17 PM
Wait...
Haunted by the incident?

"Neptunia incident"?
Did I...miss something?

As I recall, she was attacked by a fan at a Neptunia fan gathering. She had to put off work for a while.

IchijinKali
Sep 18, 2016, 04:17 PM
As I recall, she was attacked by a fan at a Neptunia fan gathering. She had to put off work for a while.

Gotta love this world that can so casually say attacked by a fan like it is an everyday occurrence, which it might be.

Dualdiamond
Sep 18, 2016, 04:32 PM
ืืSame game yes... but different universe
Imagine if ARKS manage to secure travel route with both Earth universe and PSU/PSP universe
the game can be so big.... with more way for SEGA to implement different world

So SEGA is going the multiverse route huh. What is this, some American comic book. Although I guess it's a common sci-fi element in general.

I don't remember all too well since I skipped through the client orders. But didn't either Ethan or Karen say that their photons are different than our photons? So it's the same deal with ether, the photon equivalent of each universe has same composition but different properties.

Also, Mother looks similar to Xiao. Also, her face and voice don't quite match, maybe it's just me.

Zysets
Sep 18, 2016, 04:37 PM
I may be wrong, but I remember speculation that the reason for the attack was because she had gotten married.

Only proving how insane people get with the purity of their waifus.

IchijinKali
Sep 18, 2016, 05:15 PM
I may be wrong, but I remember speculation that the reason for the attack was because she had gotten married.

Only proving how insane people get with the purity of their waifus.

That is the world of Japan celebrity status, typical of singers and VAs especially if 'cute'. Can't have any relationship as it ruins people's fantasies of them. Thanks to crap like with Karen's VA only reinforces companies to keep that stupid crap in contracts. Can't have fans face the reality that they idolize actual people who have desires besides performing.

Oh wait I can't limit that to the realms of reality because there has been times where people fantasize over manga characters but then get outraged when the character had a previous relationship. Name of the manga escapes me that it happened.

Xaeris
Sep 18, 2016, 06:01 PM
You're thinking of Kannagi.

...Of course I know that off the top of my head. What have I done with this life.

Zeroem
Sep 18, 2016, 06:21 PM
Wait...
Haunted by the incident?

"Neptunia incident"?
Did I...miss something?

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-06-23/voice-actress-rie-tanaka-agency-responds-after-disrupted-neptunia-event

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-06-22/man-who-disrupted-neptunia-event-charged-with-carrying-knife

And we're in a country when this happened.
http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2011/09/20/seiyuu-otaku-ban-seiyuu-from-marriage-or-dating/

黒雪Yacchi
Sep 18, 2016, 07:03 PM
ಠ_ಠ Fcking Seriously?!?! ಠ_ಠ

loafhero
Sep 18, 2016, 07:48 PM
I'd rather have PSO2 focus on continuing to build upon its own universe. Sadly, PSO2 has very weak lore building.

Also, Mother looks similar to Xiao. Also, her face and voice don't quite match, maybe it's just me.

Mother has a rather mature-sounding voice so her having the face of the child-like Xiao can be off-putting.

Great Pan
Sep 18, 2016, 07:48 PM
No Nazis on the Moon? Disappointing...

yoshiblue
Sep 18, 2016, 07:56 PM
Maybe mother liked two people enough to take the form of one person, and the voice of another person.

Zysets
Sep 18, 2016, 07:57 PM
I'd rather have PSO2 focus on continuing to build upon its own universe. Sadly, PSO2 has very weak lore building.

I'm hoping the idea that Mother is a Xion clone proves to be true, maybe we'll learn more about the Photoners that way.

黒雪Yacchi
Sep 18, 2016, 08:04 PM
The likelyhood of Mother being a Xion copy is fairly high, seeing how she wants revenge for some reason and was using cluster members to gather information on photoners in 'pso2'

Altiea
Sep 18, 2016, 08:14 PM
They seem to only have room to build lore when they release the artbooks.

loafhero
Sep 18, 2016, 08:43 PM
The likelyhood of Mother being a Xion copy is fairly high, seeing how she wants revenge for some reason and was using cluster members to gather information on photoners in 'pso2'

That and because she has Xiao's face.

Dualdiamond
Sep 18, 2016, 08:47 PM

I'm sure it would end up being that way for simplicity.

But in the case that Mother isn't a Xion clone. I'm going to guess and say.

Mother is the Xion of this universe. However, much like how ether is weaker than photons, Mother is weaker and less omniscient than Xion. I mean, the way Xiera told Enga about Xion-esque entities, Earth's universe should have one too right? Or was Xiera just teasing Enga (I think she was).

Xion and the Photoners did something to call ill effects to Mother's universe. Perhaps the reason for ether's physical weakness.

Aru is the failed Xion clone or fragment that Mother requires for her revenge on Xion.

Mother's end game? Destroy the universe dear to Xion. Why? Because Mother is a spoiled brat and SEGA will give us the explanation to think so.

Chalun-k_x_light
Sep 19, 2016, 09:07 AM
Now that I think about it.
Up to the latest Story trailer,there's still no sign of Hagito.Maybe that Sega just killed him off-screen for real.

Rupikachu
Sep 19, 2016, 09:08 AM
I'm sure it would end up being that way for simplicity.

But in the case that Mother isn't a Xion clone. I'm going to guess and say.

Mother is the Xion of this universe. However, much like how ether is weaker than photons, Mother is weaker and less omniscient than Xion. I mean, the way Xiera told Enga about Xion-esque entities, Earth's universe should have one too right? Or was Xiera just teasing Enga (I think she was).

Xion and the Photoners did something to call ill effects to Mother's universe. Perhaps the reason for ether's physical weakness.

Aru is the failed Xion clone or fragment that Mother requires for her revenge on Xion.

Mother's end game? Destroy the universe dear to Xion. Why? Because Mother is a spoiled brat and SEGA will give us the explanation to think so.

Tell [Mother] that Xion's inside PD-chan, grab popcorn and go to the bridge for some honest investigation with Sierra while they kill themselves.

Stormwalker
Sep 19, 2016, 09:44 AM

It pretty much had to be coming relatively soon. They had drawn it out too long already, from a narrative perspective. The Matoi scene at the end of ch. 3 was downright cruel to those of us who have been looking forward to her return.

Really, that was kind of the straw that broke the camel's back for me and Ep.4, in that it was the most definitive evidence yet yhat the player character is considered a secondary character at best in this story. That was fine in PSU where Ethan was the main character all along, but Eps 2 and 3 had firmly established the player character as the protagonist of PSO2, and being shoved aside for Hitsugi (who I still can't even decide if I like) is aggravating.

Altiea
Sep 19, 2016, 10:57 AM
Taking the upcoming story into account, I feel like at this point, EP4 isn't the worst piece of writing in the world, but it also isn't really good either. It's kinda like watching a low budget anime (which, coincidentally, PSO2TA probably was for most of the time). The whole "DUN DUN DUN WE HAVE A SECRET MOON BASE" and "SECRET MEETING OF SECRET SECRETS" inside the headquarters just made me think of how standard it all felt. Although I tend to reinterpret the entire plot in my own head, so what happens in the actual story tends to be irrelevant for me.

And if you're not gonna do the story for anything else, do it for Star Gems, because SEGA really wants to give you Star Gems.

Stormwalker
Sep 19, 2016, 11:34 AM
That's a valid point on SG, simply because I suspect Matoi's Ep.4 costume will end up in the SG scratch when we finally get it and I will need all the SG I can get.

As for reinterpretation of the story in my head, I definitely do that. Each of my characters has their own version of events in my head. Which results in things like Katarin forcefully expressing her displeasure to Casra over how long it took for someone to give her a real answer about where Matoi is and why. Because she'd be very angry about that!

The problem is that by this point, if I interpreted the story according to how my characters would have acted, the story would have diverged so greatly by this point that the sequence of major events in game would be difficult to justify. Especially in Katarin's case, but even with Alessandra I have a difficult time imagining that she would be so passive.

Suirano
Sep 19, 2016, 12:27 PM
Wasn't there an ARKS ship behind the Moon? How did nobody find that base before now?

Altiea
Sep 19, 2016, 12:30 PM
Wasn't there an ARKS ship behind the Moon? How did nobody find that base before now?

I guess they never thought the Moon to be that important initially.

Zysets
Sep 19, 2016, 12:57 PM
You know, Persona did get brought up during the scenes where Aika explains her Falz hair, and isn't Xiao trying to find a way to permanently beat PD? So what if Persona rewinding time after every PD fight is causing time/space issues, provoking Mother, Earth dimension's Xion, to go after ARKS?

I honestly have no evidence to back it up, but I'd hate for Persona's timeloop issue to be forgotten.

Dualdiamond
Sep 19, 2016, 01:28 PM
Now that I think about it.
Up to the latest Story trailer,there's still no sign of Hagito.Maybe that Sega just killed him off-screen for real.

I think Emerald Tablet still needs Hagito alive to come back to life even though he has free will. He's probably just hiding because we know how much of a coward he is. And just keep summoning Emetabu to distract Mother Cluster and ARKS from finding him.

Also, I don't think they will just end Yamato EQ with just what we have now. Right? 12 star Yamato units anyone?

Tymek
Sep 19, 2016, 04:18 PM
Man...that Neptunia incident... :(

No Nazis on the Moon? Disappointing...
THAT WAS NOT A GOOD MOVIE.

Oh my god. I didn't even notice that.
THE FACE.

THIS. I was going to mention this.
An ARKS Ship appears around/near/behind the Moon at the end of PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2 The Animation.
Though, I think the Mother Cluster base might also be disguised, as shown by the purple barriers in the Chapter 5 teaser.

Also.
I think Phul Janice Lasswitz or Och Miller are going to die.
One of the two.
The way they sounded...
It was as if they were determined to accomplish something at all costs. As if they were going to throw away their lives for the sake of said something.
Like they were ready to fight to the death.

The music was really dramatic, too.
By the way, did anyone catch what exactly Phul and Och are the Apostles of?

Hagito = Gold
Bethor = Wood
Phaleg = Fire

What about Phul and Och?
Also; where is Aratron in any of this?
Did they need him to design the Mother Cluster base?

Meteor Weapon
Sep 19, 2016, 06:01 PM
The seven Olympian spirits

Aratron (or Arathron), "the alchemist who commanded seventeen million six hundred and forty thousand spirits". He rules 49 provinces. His planet is Saturn.
Bethor, "who commanded twenty-nine thousand legions of spirits". He rules 42 provinces. His planet is Jupiter.
Phaleg (or Phalec, Pharos), "the War-Lord". His planet is Mars. He rules 35 provinces.
Och, "the alchemist, physician, and magician". He rules 28 provinces. His "planet" is the Sun.
Hagith, "transmuter of metals, and commander of four thousand legions of spirits". He rules 21 provinces. His planet is Venus.
Ophiel, "who commanded one hundred thousand legions of spirits". He rules 14 provinces. His planet is Mercury.
Phul, "lord of the powers of the moon and supreme lord of the waters". He rules 7 provinces. His "planet" is the Moon.

source: wiki

Och: Sun

Phul: Moon

well i guess it makes sense why they're together, not sure what element they are tho. Och is probably light and Phul probably water.

Zanverse
Sep 19, 2016, 06:09 PM
That BGM is truly something. It sounds like it's going to be the Exploration theme for the Moon Base. I'm hearing some English lyrics in there too. They sound very... sad.

Great Pan
Sep 19, 2016, 07:03 PM
Doesn't matter, be it men or women, Mazaa Kusta should all die, because ARKS IS JUSTICE and JUSTICE ALWAYS WINS!

EspeonageTieler
Sep 19, 2016, 08:09 PM
Anyone think Matoi will use light techs now instead of dark ones? I could see it happening but I could also see it not happening lol

Altiea
Sep 19, 2016, 08:13 PM
Anyone think Matoi will use light techs now instead of dark ones? I could see it happening but I could also see it not happening lol

That's already a thing. EP4 Matoi uses Light Techs.

EspeonageTieler
Sep 19, 2016, 08:15 PM

has she fought already? im slightly behind in the story but thought she wasnt back in action yet

Altiea
Sep 19, 2016, 08:20 PM
has she fought already? im slightly behind in the story but thought she wasnt back in action yet

You can get her as a Field Partner in an Emergency Code: Attack if you have 3-7 completed and have MB3-7 activated.

loafhero
Sep 19, 2016, 08:58 PM

Befitting of an expert Darker killer.

yoshiblue
Sep 19, 2016, 09:37 PM
That BGM is truly something. It sounds like it's going to be the Exploration theme for the Moon Base. I'm hearing some English lyrics in there too. They sound very... sad.

To be fair, the original moonlight sonata can be moving too.

Zanverse
Sep 19, 2016, 10:40 PM
To be fair, the original moonlight sonata can be moving too.

That's why it sounded so darn familiar. Quite the melancholic tune, I truly wonder about the lyrics.

mickbis
Sep 20, 2016, 03:43 AM
Mother's Moon base remind me of when we infiltrate Mothership hope it half that good
still.. it look like a straight hall way to the center where Mother is

arnd
Sep 20, 2016, 04:39 AM
Moon Base might also end up being a story-exclusive area, much like Mothership (excluding the deprecated limited quest and Beckoning Darkness, of course).

loafhero
Sep 20, 2016, 08:31 AM
Based on what little I've seen in the trailer, the moon base seems to be a complete straight path without anything of interest in its surroundings so it could very well be a story-exclusive area as arnd has said.

Vatallus
Sep 21, 2016, 12:14 AM
I finally figured out why Laplace looks so familiar...

WHAT HAPPENED TO SULLY!?

loafhero
Sep 21, 2016, 05:26 AM
Then Och is a grown up Boo?

黒雪Yacchi
Sep 21, 2016, 06:13 AM
If she's a grown up Boo, then she got the short end of the stick during puberty lol

Nyansan
Sep 21, 2016, 06:19 AM
I finally figured out why Laplace looks so familiar...

WHAT HAPPENED TO SULLY!?

He grew wings

Edit: apparently I'm dumb; Laplace is Sully and the flying eyeballs are Mike

loafhero
Sep 21, 2016, 07:41 AM
Oh, dear. If Laplace is Sully, then the Maxwells are Mike Wazwoski!

Poyonche
Sep 21, 2016, 08:23 AM
Still funny to see that, to Och, Laplace's Demon could be represented by Sully and Maxwell's demon by Mike. :wacko:

Tymek
Sep 21, 2016, 09:39 AM
I am now 100% convinced that Erdem or whatever his name is has ulterior motives:
http://www.bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Divine-Style.jpg

Why???
Are his eyes red???
Why is he paler than before???

Poyonche
Sep 21, 2016, 09:51 AM
Plot twist 1 : Mother Cluster are the good guys and Earth Guides (or just Erdem) the bad guys.

Plot twist 2 : Erdem is just a Luther V2 trying to put his hands on [Mother]'s semi-omniscience.

IchijinKali
Sep 21, 2016, 10:03 AM
Plot twist 2 : Erdem is just a Luther V2 trying to put his hands on [Mother]'s semi-omniscience.

Well we have been seeing alot of similarities between Episode 4 and the previous Episodes so that is quite the possibility.

Chalun-k_x_light
Sep 21, 2016, 10:17 AM
Plot twist 3 : Both of them are just the bad guys that try to takeover the earth for themselves.

Zysets
Sep 21, 2016, 10:22 AM

I can see that happening. Erdem turns out to be bad, Enga takes over Earth Guides, we fight Erdem, pretty much Episode 2.

Episode 4 has just been like the same as 1-3, except the player is now more of a mentor figure than the hero. Hitsugi + Aru is just the new Player + Matoi, with less romantic tension.

Chalun-k_x_light
Sep 21, 2016, 10:43 AM
If Erdem's true colors turnout to be like this guy.I'm not surprised at all.(Well,they have the same seiyuu.)
[SPOILER-BOX]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdMK1D7VAAABssJ.jpg
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Zysets
Sep 21, 2016, 11:05 AM
If Erdem's true colors turnout to be like this guy.I'm not surprised at all.(Well,they have the same seiyuu.)
[SPOILER-BOX]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdMK1D7VAAABssJ.jpg
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Wait really? Does he voice Terumi? Wow, I haven't played any Blazblue in years now, but I think that's a good sign that Erdem isn't exactly on our side. Voice actors who regularly voice villains tend to voice villains in the future as well.

Chalun-k_x_light
Sep 21, 2016, 11:46 AM
Wait really? Does he voice Terumi? Wow, I haven't played any Blazblue in years now, but I think that's a good sign that Erdem isn't exactly on our side. Voice actors who regularly voice villains tend to voice villains in the future as well.

Both of them are voiced by Nakamura Yuuichi.I'll say that he's one of the most talent seiyuu in this era.I found out by the time I watched Mahouka Koukou No Rettousei(voiced as Shiba Tatsuya.I really impressed how he can range his voice from a nice guy to a cruel sadistic and insane man like Terumi.

Tymek
Sep 21, 2016, 11:48 AM
Plot twist 1 : Mother Cluster are the good guys and Earth Guides (or just Erdem) the bad guys.

It might be a little bit of both.

Plot twist 3 : Both of them are just the bad guys that try to takeover the earth for themselves.
But this seems more likely.
Actually, I'd like for this to be the outcome. It would make the "What's next?" situation much more interesting.

You know, "what comes next" after the defeat of Mother Cluster and Earth Guide?

IchijinKali
Sep 21, 2016, 12:30 PM
You know, "what comes next" after the defeat of Mother Cluster and Earth Guide?

I'm pretty sure by the time we reach that point the story will be done with. This Episode has yet to feel like it will end in just 1 episode. It has just too many loose ends that it doesn't seem to want to answer. Huey seems to be the first character who will actually be involved with the story meaning it hasn't really reached a point that ARKs has considered the problems with Earth as a real concern, if at all.