PDA

View Full Version : Episode 4 Story Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13

Zysets
Sep 21, 2016, 04:21 PM
I'm pretty sure by the time we reach that point the story will be done with. This Episode has yet to feel like it will end in just 1 episode. It has just too many loose ends that it doesn't seem to want to answer. Huey seems to be the first character who will actually be involved with the story meaning it hasn't really reached a point that ARKs has considered the problems with Earth as a real concern, if at all.

I'm imagining this will take three or so episodes like the first part of the story, possibly four, as even Ep1-3 was cut short. The scenes 10 years in the past with Claris Claes II were supposed to be an entire episode if I remember correctly, so who knows what EP4+ will do.

loafhero
Sep 21, 2016, 10:40 PM
Hitsugi + Aru is just the new Player + Matoi, with less romantic tension.

And yet somehow, with a lot more risque moments (Aru appeared naked in front of Hitsugi and Aru accidentally groping Hitsugi).

In regards to MB 2-6, it wasn't necessarily planned to be a "whole episode" but was actually planned to be the first chapter of EP3. Personally, I'm glad it wasn't since MB 2-6 made for an awesome cliffhanger.

I really like the idea of Erdem being possibly a villain. Erdem more or less dropped the hint when he expressed mild dissatisfaction in the constant human conflicts. Someone in his position who regularly puts up with so much bullshit could eventually grow frustrated and start seeking easy alternatives.

Altiea
Sep 21, 2016, 10:49 PM
And yet somehow, with a lot more risque moments (Aru appeared naked in front of Hitsugi and Aru accidentally groping Hitsugi).

In regards to MB 2-6, it wasn't necessarily planned to be a "whole episode" but was actually planned to be the first chapter of EP3. Personally, I'm glad it wasn't since MB 2-6 made for an awesome cliffhanger.

I wouldn't really say risque moreso than "typical anime fluff".

That reminds me, we never finished translating those interviews. I had like, six pages left.

Meteor Weapon
Sep 21, 2016, 11:36 PM
Tbh, I hope PSO2es's story would somehow relate with the main story. I think there's still a lot of conflicts within ARK's itself even after Luther's supposed demise just looking at screenshots itself, like PSO2es has it's own field. Did Void Facility ever got absolved after Luther went AWOL into Double's inner universe or they went on doing their own thing hidden by ARKS authority? If they are Ulc sure has a lot of issue in her hands to deal with.

I hope weaponoids becoming their own thing in the main game in ep5.

Altiea
Sep 21, 2016, 11:44 PM
Tbh, I hope PSO2es's story would somehow relate with the main story. I think there's still a lot of conflicts within ARK's itself even after Luther's supposed demise just looking at screenshots itself, like PSO2es has it's own field. Did Void Facility ever got absolved after Luther went AWOL into Double's inner universe or they went on doing their own thing hidden by ARKS authority? If they are Ulc sure has a lot of issue in her hands to deal with.

I hope weaponoids becoming their own thing in the main game in ep5.

It's really exactly how canon es is, although EP2 accomodates for the time skip between PSO2 EP3 to EP4. The only thing is that they try their damned hardest to keep es isolated from PSO2. Luther gets mentioned once.

oratank
Sep 21, 2016, 11:47 PM
any story about birth of weaponoids or they just pop out by nowhere?

Altiea
Sep 21, 2016, 11:52 PM
any story about birth of weaponoids or they just pop out by nowhere?

es EP1 involves Dr. Cohen, a scientist from the Central Research Department who created Chips. I don't know if they explicity state how Weaponoids are created, but seeing where the current story is going, it might be a plot point somewhere down the line.

Sirius-91
Sep 22, 2016, 03:26 AM
es EP1 involves Dr. Cohen, a scientist from the Central Research Department who created Chips. I don't know if they explicity state how Weaponoids are created, but seeing where the current story is going, it might be a plot point somewhere down the line.

Weaponoids are a byproduct of Weapons Development, that's about it. The chip system was made to augment one's photon abilities, without being player-chan.

Meteor Weapon
Sep 22, 2016, 03:36 AM
PSO2es mc isn't the same person as the main story one right?

Altiea
Sep 22, 2016, 03:43 AM
PSO2es mc isn't the same person as the main story one right?

Depends on how you interpret it. Since you can use characters between games, it can be inferred that Player-chan and Leader-chan are the same character.

Dycize
Sep 22, 2016, 05:28 AM
While we're on the topic of es, I would also love it if we got weaponoids in the main game. Kinda sad they keep it separate.
Also putting this here about the latest es story.
[spoiler-box]So while we still don't know much about our new Falz friend, it's pretty much confirmed that the current antagonists are "monsteroids" (or nativoids or whatever, we can be tongue in cheek and call them beasts) ie: you take the process to make a weaponoid, but apply it to monster natives. So they can turn into a specific monster, which is actually paralleled in their human design, just like weaponoids. It's actually pretty obvious once you get to fight them in their boss form. Except Dante, due to being the most human of the bunch.[/spoiler-box]
The Ep4 story still has ways to go indeed. And like, we still haven't seen the old man from Mother Cluster ever since his introduction right?

oratank
Sep 22, 2016, 05:43 AM
"monsteroids" (or nativoids or whatever, we can be tongue in cheek and call them beasts)

beast race confrim?lol

yeah i saw loli with beast ear on old broadcast.is she a beast or just fashion accessory ?

Sizustar
Sep 22, 2016, 06:20 AM
beast race confrim?lol

yeah i saw loli with beast ear on old broadcast.is she a beast or just fashion accessory ?

A native that undergone the same treatment as weaponoid that grant them human form.

oratank
Sep 22, 2016, 07:06 AM
do science stuff that turn fang banshee into human form and have power to transform back to banshee look like they try to build beast race story there.

i mean when sega decide to add beast race into pso2. pso2es will support their exist.

Sizustar
Sep 22, 2016, 07:22 AM
do science stuff that turn fang banshee into human form and have power to transform back to banshee look like they try to build beast race story there.

I have no idea what you are saying.

But she's not the only monster to have undergone that treatment.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkajaIJWYAIe0YI.jpg

loafhero
Sep 22, 2016, 07:27 AM
I think we already have too many races in PSO2 that started off as Humans instead of originating from its own specific culture.

Altiea
Sep 22, 2016, 11:48 AM
I think we already have too many races in PSO2 that started off as Humans instead of originating from its own specific culture.

You mean all of them?

Altiea
Sep 22, 2016, 12:30 PM
Oh yeah, and there's Lord, who's possibly another Dark Falz.

Dycize
Sep 22, 2016, 08:38 PM
While I'm at it might as well dump a bit more about our es bad guys (disclaimer : I am no expert of japanese language, risk of errors abound!) :
[spoiler-box]So for starters, the beastly trio works for Lord. We don't actually know much about Lord, but from his appearances, he seems like a butthole, not caring for anything but getting what he wants and finding relationships and stuff "pointless". Levi (Fang Banther girl) and Fel (Dragon Ex kid) are fairly close and they don't seem to really work for Lord as if they *really* want to. It's kinda hard to say, It feels like they're doing it because they have no other option, at times. They also tend to be really aggressive towards our group so... The fact that they care about each others actually makes Gene question herself ("Could they really be that bad if they care so much?"). Their mission is to get Gene tho. Not that they've been able to succeed so far 'cause the merry friends and Leader aren't bad.

The last member of the trio is Dante, who gives me Hazama/Terumi (from BlazBlue) vibes. He's actually a yellow Org Blan and the 1st one we encounter to show off that transformation power. He's very shady overall, it's hard to say if he's loyal to Lord or if he's got his own plans. I actually couldn't get his dialogue very well ._. But he's good at russling jimmies. He also secretly keeps an eye on Levi & Fel, again, maybe for Lord, maybe for another reason.

Stuffs about our merry group of Gene, Moa(/More), Anette and Bruno :
Gene : everyone's beloved(or not) new heroine. She's got some stamina issues, still sort of a rookie ARKS. Some of her stamina issues might be due to something else, but I'm not clear on that... Neither is the plot. As it is, our current bad guys want her, why, I have no idea.
Moa : ...not much to say about him. Has issues with being called a piece of junk, sounds just like Anette's dead little brother. I hope one day he'll evolve into a proper weapon with a less grating voice. Or something.
Anette : our serious newman girl friend, has a dead little brother named Ryuro (or something like that, spelling's up in the air). Basically the only person to be at least semi-competent in the group until we come across...
Bruno : easily the best character in pso2es currently (*cough cough* I'm not biased at all). This guy's just so cool, and he's directly related to events, having been part of the Innocent Blue project (afaik, as some sort of mercenary/security more than anything else). This project is basically what led to native-people being made. So yeah. Also he's just really such a swell and laid back dude.[/spoiler-box]
Also yeah, if they ever want to introduce Beasts in PSO2, es would totally support them as another "man-made" race and would be ripe for a story link between the two. Nanoblasting into a boss form, can you imagine the ridiculousness it would be.

Zysets
Sep 22, 2016, 11:19 PM
I really don't think Beasts are ever coming back, at least not in PSO2. The Beast race's whole thing was Nanoblasting, which is a race specific ability, and PSO2 got rid of the Race specific abilities for all the other races, like SUV weapons and such, so it would be pretty ridiculous to do that. There's honestly no point in adding another race.

If they bring back race abilities in the future, I think it'll justify it, but as the game is now, no, not at all.

Meteor Weapon
Sep 22, 2016, 11:27 PM
Inb4 they'd re-introduce race specific abilities in EP5

loafhero
Sep 23, 2016, 02:59 AM
You mean all of them?

Yeah. If I'm not mistaken, PSU's non-human races aren't all man made and each race had their own home planets, unique history, beliefs and cultures which allowed its lore to include elements like racial conflict and understanding. That element of diversity is one part of PSU's lore that makes it more interesting to me than PSO2's lore.

PSO2's races are rather boring because of that lack of diversity and unique history (apart from their appearance). Deumans in PSO2 for example had to be retconned into existence rather than being treated as a brand new alien species in-universe. Although, I can understand that the writers probably wanted to simplify the story and have it focused as a personal driven story rather than world-building.

Inb4 they'd re-introduce race specific abilities in EP5

Or have the Player gain the ability to turn into a werebeast.

CocoCrispy
Sep 23, 2016, 03:39 AM
Yeah. If I'm not mistaken, PSU's non-human races aren't all man made and each race had their own home planets, unique history, beliefs and cultures which allowed its lore to include elements like racial conflict and understanding. That element of diversity is one part of PSU's lore that makes it more interesting to me than PSO2's lore.

Newmans and beasts were originally genetically modified humans in psu, at least the ancestors were. Casts were produced. It wasn't until later that they would split off to their own planets and develop their own unique culture, as well as the natural races giving birth to their children instead of making them test tube babies. The only dewman I really know about is Hyuga, but he wasn't necessarily genetically modified from science. More like a mutation. I never played the Portable series so I can't say where others came from such as Nagisa.

oratank
Sep 23, 2016, 03:45 AM
well psu race are all man made.they just rebel claim their human right war with human about 500 year before they got their own culture

loafhero
Sep 23, 2016, 05:50 AM
Oh, I see. Thanks for the correction. Still, PSU's world does seem a lot more fleshed out and complex than PSO2's world.

I guess the reason the PSO2-verse didn't have to deal with racial conflict like in PSU is because of the Darkers being a far more deadly and a more frequent threat, making them a common enemy that forces the inhabitants to put aside their problems and differences.

Dycize
Sep 23, 2016, 06:15 AM
PSU did have the SEED, but a much more fragmented setting, with each planet having its own race eventually, and the casts and beasts being used for labor and stuff like that in the past...Basically it was a lot more politically involved. Also Deumans were just humans infected by the SEED who survived and mutated into getting super saiyan eyepatch powers.
ARKS, for the most part, are just one big fleet made for the single purpose of protecting space from the Darker threat. All races were created for the purpose of fighting darkers, able to wield the power of photons (newmans are an offshoot of humans who can wield photons better, at the expense of lesser stamina, casts were created to regulate people with too strong sensitivity to photons (ie : they physically can't bear it, also maybe just being robots), and deumans are like extreme newmans, with even worse staying power). There's very little politics, since ARKS have a pretty clear objective and few reasons to break off into bits (and the one time this almost happened, it was because of Luther's shenanigans, and he got rid of his followers once he thought he was going to get what he always wanted).
Of course there are shady parts (like, all their shady experiments, which sometimes end up well (Mags, Deumans) and sometimes not (Hadred, all of PSO2es' plot), but they're not really the focus.

Altiea
Sep 23, 2016, 06:40 AM
Mind that the actual justification for the practically non-existent differences between races is that they eventually "perfected" Photon compatibility in the sense that all races can now perform on a level roughly on par with Humans.

loafhero
Sep 23, 2016, 07:37 AM
In a way, other than the fact that the setting isn't so fragmented, the Darkers are what keeps the races in PSO2 from potentially antagonizing each other.

I should have also taken into consideration that because the PSO2 world hasn't actually colonized any planet to call home yet (being more focused as a galactic defense force) and pretty much everyone living in ships which are nearly indistinguishable from the other, there was nothing that could have prompted certain groups to start developing different mentalities because everyone adapted to the same conditions.

AutumnChronicle
Sep 23, 2016, 09:02 PM
It'd be boring for them to go back to race wars again. We have enough of that in real life!

They could still bring back beasts, in a different way than we are used to at least. Remember that MAG fusion thing we were talking about before? Like what Matoi does with Anga to become Viel. ...though it probably wouldn't be very well received.

Meteor Weapon
Sep 23, 2016, 09:17 PM
Well from what was going on in ES, I think it's possible for beast to appear in the main game. Depends on how they apply it.

Zyrusticae
Sep 24, 2016, 12:47 AM
They're not giving any race anything special outside of appearance. It just isn't going to happen. You better hope for PSU2 if you want to see something like that again.

Zysets
Sep 24, 2016, 01:15 AM
I'll be honest, I wouldn't mind another game set in Gurhal, PSU had it's problems but I loved the setting.

loafhero
Sep 24, 2016, 03:23 AM
It'd be boring for them to go back to race wars again. We have enough of that in real life!

And yet, they chose Earth as a setting and have so many Earth clothing because they wanted EP4 to have content that's "relatable" to their target consumers...

Poyonche
Sep 24, 2016, 06:05 AM
What I was able to get with Google Translate cam :

-Kohri says "I have defended, because I'll release the Hitsugi-Chan to me ? Absolutely Hitsugi-Chan. Because it'll be so nice not to suffer anymore."
-Error 404 for Mother, could not make sense.
-"Mother Cluster, apostle of the day/sun (?) ! Och Miller !"
-"Mother Cluster, apostle of the night/moon (?) ! Phul Janice Lasswitz (wtf) ! "

I'm pretty sure we will get to fight Kohri too in this story. And somehow, I feel like Och and Phul are not the "major" thing in this chapter, just like Och and Laplace weren't the major event in the previous chapter.

loafhero
Sep 24, 2016, 07:14 AM
Not really looking forward too much to the the upcoming Story update but only because the Story update coming after it looks a lot more interesting:

[SPOILER-BOX]- Matoi and Player's reunion
- Huey vs Phaleg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Chalun-k_x_light
Sep 24, 2016, 08:10 AM
One thing i know is that i'm gonna do this to all Mother Cluster's member for sure.(Especially Kohri and Och for personal reason)
Well,if i can you know.^^
[SPOILER-BOX]https://i.imgur.com/tMfdOzY.gif[/SPOILER-BOX]

Meteor Weapon
Sep 24, 2016, 08:34 PM
The problem with ep4 is story quest are just extremely short compared to the past episode. Gimme back my dungeon style story quest.

Sirius-91
Sep 25, 2016, 08:38 AM
The problem with ep4 is story quest are just extremely short compared to the past episode. Gimme back my dungeon style story quest.
That's something I don't miss, yuck.

loafhero
Sep 25, 2016, 09:10 AM
As lackluster as EP4's Story has been in comparison to previous Episodes, the bigger focus on cutscenes and the improved cutscene direction is something I appreciate.

There is a lot less of "This NPC just stands there and talks to you about random stuff while you do nothing but listen" cutscenes of which there were a LOT in the previous Episodes. There is a lot more thought put into the use of Oracle NPCs in cutscenes. Seeing the Oracle NPCs we've familiarised with before interact with each other has been very fun to watch.

Additionally, the few Player & Oracle NPC only interactions are less boring to watch now as there's a bit more going on than just the NPCs blabbering on about stuff. Example being the recent Quna and Huey cutscene like Quna using her invisibility to tease the Player a bit and Huey making an explosive entrance. One more example being the first Io cutscene in EP4 where the Player suddenly moves in close to Io to troll her a bit while simultaneously trying to get Io to be a little more confident in her appearance.

(BTW, I'm dropping "Player-chan" as the fun of using that nickname is lost for me)

Meteor Weapon
Sep 25, 2016, 10:31 AM
That's something I don't miss, yuck.

Bu-but, MOTHERSHIP STORY QUEST WAS AWESOME <:3c

Chalun-k_x_light
Sep 25, 2016, 10:33 AM
Well,i like that type of story quest.But Matter-Board is quite trouble some.

IchijinKali
Sep 25, 2016, 12:50 PM
Well,i like that type of story quest.But Matter-Board is quite trouble some.

You don't know troublesome til you tried completing MB before they eased up on it. Back then it wasn't 1 or 2 kills for the mob to drop the item it was like 20-30 kills, even for bosses like EX. They also only opened ones directly beside the ones you completed. Pissed me off when they eased up on it when I was in the middle of fully completing Episode 3's MBs.

Chalun-k_x_light
Sep 25, 2016, 01:07 PM
You don't know troublesome til you tried completing MB before they eased up on it. Back then it wasn't 1 or 2 kills for the mob to drop the item it was like 20-30 kills, even for bosses like EX. They also only opened ones directly beside the ones you completed. Pissed me off when they eased up on it when I was in the middle of fully completing Episode 3's MBs.

Well,I know that feel.I started playing this game long before joining this community.So yeah,it really wasted my time back there.So that I gave up on some nodes and only collected the one that I need.

IchijinKali
Sep 25, 2016, 01:16 PM
Well,I know that feel.I started playing this game before joining this community.So yeah,it really wasted my time back there.So that I gave up on some nodes and only collected the one that I need.

I did that after awhile but once I found out there were title rewards for fully completing them I started doing that too, was also to give the next story mission time to be translated and released.

So far fully completing the boards has only been worth it once.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/rnw3H/7b9cb426df.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

And that is only because it is your weapon, story wise
[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/rnwfN/ef030d92cf.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Zysets
Sep 25, 2016, 04:09 PM
As lackluster as EP4's Story has been in comparison to previous Episodes, the bigger focus on cutscenes and the improved cutscene direction is something I appreciate.

There is a lot less of "This NPC just stands there and talks to you about random stuff while you do nothing but listen" cutscenes of which there were a LOT in the previous Episodes. There is a lot more thought put into the use of Oracle NPCs in cutscenes. Seeing the Oracle NPCs we've familiarised with before interact with each other has been very fun to watch.

Additionally, the few Player & Oracle NPC only interactions are less boring to watch now as there's a bit more going on than just the NPCs blabbering on about stuff. Example being the recent Quna and Huey cutscene like Quna using her invisibility to tease the Player a bit and Huey making an explosive entrance. One more example being the first Io cutscene in EP4 where the Player suddenly moves in close to Io to troll her a bit while simultaneously trying to get Io to be a little more confident in her appearance.

This is partly why I actually adore Episode 4 so far. The story is so so, not very good but not bad, but the real joy has been the side story cutscenes and seeing all the NPCs actually do things, I especially like the little relationship/rivalry going on with Katori and Pietro, it's fun to watch.

Zorua
Sep 25, 2016, 04:53 PM
Quna using her invisibility to tease the Player

This part confused me. I thought player-chan was able to see through Quna's invisibility.

IchijinKali
Sep 25, 2016, 05:13 PM
This part confused me. I thought player-chan was able to see through Quna's invisibility.

We are it just takes a sec to pinpoint it, a scene with Aika and Quna shows that we still can. Also the scene wasn't really teasing, except the end sorta. When Quna was in her combat gear she was talking about a fear she had as she was told her weapon might have actually made you forget her.

loafhero
Sep 25, 2016, 08:19 PM
If Quna triggers her invisibility in front of Player then Player can't see her for a short period of time. In that short window of time, she either moves far away from Player's range of sight or simply moves behind him/her. In other words, Quna has to be a lot smarter in using her invisibility against Player especially since her Idol charms don't work on Player.

Altiea
Sep 25, 2016, 10:07 PM
Since we mentioned PSO2es, are we gonna ignore Dark Falz or something?

[SPOILER-BOX]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CnkMaXKUEAA_z7e.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

NephyrisX
Sep 25, 2016, 11:19 PM

I always wonder how they will tie in PSO2es's story with the main plot. I have not seen a single fibre of it outside of the main female protagonist as a guest character.

loafhero
Sep 25, 2016, 11:28 PM

Ugh, never played or even bothered to look into es stuff but the design of this dude looks like a bad OC.

Altiea
Sep 25, 2016, 11:42 PM
Ugh, never played or even bothered to look into es stuff but the design of this dude looks like a bad OC.

I mean, this is also the game that has this.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/hp0Le7p.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

loafhero
Sep 26, 2016, 02:03 AM

Sheesh. Forget what I said about "Original". Its worse than I thought.

Dycize
Sep 26, 2016, 05:24 AM
It doesn't have that yet :<
Well, Zaccard himself has already appeared since the 1st part of the new PSO2es story is about chasing after him (where he is just bonkers, and he does not seem bonkers in that picture above). He also had properly working eyes and arms and no coat. Yay more Midorikawa.
I've stated it previously but there's barely anything we know about Lord, aside from him being kind of a dick to his subordinates. I'll be amused if he turns out to be a "darker weaponoid".

Zysets
Sep 26, 2016, 09:02 AM
I'll be amused if he turns out to be a "darker weaponoid".

That's what I thought, he's probably not a Falz, but a Darker that'd gone through the same process as his subordinates, of a enemy creature becoming person.

Tymek
Sep 26, 2016, 12:28 PM

Hahaha what

loafhero
Sep 27, 2016, 02:12 AM
We are it just takes a sec to pinpoint it, a scene with Aika and Quna shows that we still can. Also the scene wasn't really teasing, except the end sorta. When Quna was in her combat gear she was talking about a fear she had as she was told her weapon might have actually made you forget her.

Looking back at that Aika and Quna scene, we can still see that Aika can both hear and see Quna even while Quna is invisible. I guess this means that Quna can still choose who can see her even when her invisibility is on which I imagine can come in handy when doing cooperative work.

Altiea
Sep 27, 2016, 04:19 AM
I'm not sure if anyone's brought up something similar, but I'm currently subscribing to the theory that Aru's Falz form being able to control Photons is the result of the incomplete purification of Hitsugi in Chapter 1, which resulted in a Falz-like entity that retained the qualities of a Falz, but gained the power of Photons in place of Darker particles.

Chalun-k_x_light
Oct 3, 2016, 11:28 AM
Now that the new chapter is almost here.I just guessed what'll Kohri say when she meet Player-Chan&Enga before engage them in a combat.
Well,i think that she's gonna blame them for deceiving Hitsugi and turn her against Mother for sure.
And she's gonna blame that Player-Chan's existence is the main cause for ruining her life with Hitsugi and say something like if Player-Chan didn't exist,she could live peacefully with Hitsugi as it should be.

Well,kinda remind me of Ragna from Blazblue series.He often got blamed by others that he's the source of all-evil in the world that cause suffer to the others.

Great Pan
Oct 3, 2016, 07:00 PM
YEAH! FINALLY, WE GOT A CHANCE TO KILL THAT BITCH KOORI!

loafhero
Oct 3, 2016, 08:39 PM
I can already imagine how Player is going to convince Kohri to see the error of her ways.

After defeating Kohri

Kohri: This is all your fault!

Player: [insert meaningless optional dialogue which will have no effect on the story]

Enga: I will speak on behalf of [Player] because [Player] opinion is my opinion.

Kohri: I was wrong! Now I'm good again!

Chalun-k_x_light
Oct 3, 2016, 10:05 PM
Or worse is that after defeated by Player-Chan.
Dr.DIO(Ophiel of course) act on Mother's order to killed Kohri as Mother sees that Kohri won't be any useful to her anymore.

Great Pan
Oct 3, 2016, 11:18 PM
Dr.DIO(Ophiel of course) act on Mother's order to killed Kohri as Mother sees that Kohri won't be any useful to her anymore.

Doesn't matter, I want her dead anyway because ARKS IS JUSTICE!

Chalun-k_x_light
Oct 3, 2016, 11:35 PM
Doesn't matter, I want her dead anyway because ARKS IS JUSTICE!

As much as i want a slow & painful death for her.But i've got a feeling that Sega won't kill her for sure.

loafhero
Oct 4, 2016, 04:47 AM

Assuming Kohri fails and is shown no mercy by Mother then my prediction is that Ophiel, instead of using his multi-scalpel kill like he did with Bethor, will remotely stop Kohri's heart. In the previous chapter, Ophiel was somehow able to detect the rate of Kohri's heartbeat which made me think that Ophiel has implanted some kind of Ether device in Kohri's heart.

Zanverse
Oct 4, 2016, 11:14 AM
I don't get how people expect Kohri to be killed one chapter after her new reveal. I strongly doubt she'll be the one dying tomorrow. My bets are that Phul will get to see her bestie, Och, die at the hands of Enga, most likely.

Chalun-k_x_light
Oct 4, 2016, 11:54 AM
I don't get how people expect Kohri to be killed one chapter after her new reveal. I strongly doubt she'll be the one dying tomorrow. My bets are that Phul will get to see her bestie, Och, die at the hands of Enga, most likely.

Kohri is just like Thedore-kun,make her debut with a new power that she get from those she trust just to get defeated by Player-Chan in the next chapter.
But well,most people want her dead because her character & personality is just too annoying.
I'm not sure about Phul & Och but as long as Och doesn't say something that'll trigger Enga's anger,i'm pretty sure that they'll just retreat.
But judging from Och's brat-attitude,they might get killed for real.

Zysets
Oct 4, 2016, 12:24 PM
Assuming Kohri fails and is shown no mercy by Mother then my prediction is that Ophiel, instead of using his multi-scalpel kill like he did with Bethor, will remotely stop Kohri's heart. In the previous chapter, Ophiel was somehow able to detect the rate of Kohri's heartbeat which made me think that Ophiel has implanted some kind of Ether device in Kohri's heart.

Eh, I don't think he has anything on her of that sort, it might have just been dialogue to express that Kohri was nervous. Either that or the fact, he's a doctor, and we don't know what kind of powers he has with Ether. Maybe he's just able to detect body functions, and became a successful doctor with Ether, like how Hagito and Bethor became successful.

Chalun-k_x_light
Oct 4, 2016, 12:39 PM
Eh, I don't think he has anything on her of that sort, it might have just been dialogue to express that Kohri was nervous. Either that or the fact, he's a doctor, and we don't know what kind of powers he has with Ether. Maybe he's just able to detect body functions, and became a successful doctor with Ether, like how Hagito and Bethor became successful.

Well,we don't know what she's been through after Mother came to pick her up.Maybe Dr.Ophiel just modify her body using his knowledge of surgery to make her stronger in a short time.He's known to be God-Hand surgeon after all.So it's quite possible if he do something like implanting a device into her heart.But then again,why go such a complicated way when he's can just kill her directly like what he did to Bethor.

Poyonche
Oct 4, 2016, 01:16 PM
I'm not sure about Phul & Och but as long as Och doesn't say something that'll trigger Enga's anger,i'm pretty sure that they'll just retreat.
But judging from Och's brat-attitude,they might get killed for real.

I'm pretty sure that Player-Chan would be like "No Enga, don't kill, killing is bad mkay ?" :wacko:

Also as I said earlier, I'm pretty sure (again) that Phul and Och aren't the major event of the upcoming story quest, just like Och wasn't the key of the Chapter we got earlier in the month. I just hope we will not get hurt because of Dumbga or Hitsubitch.

IchijinKali
Oct 4, 2016, 06:02 PM

Well that loser director kinda was. Pretty much anyone who has stuck their head out too much didn't last long. But Kohri is Theodore and Hitsugi is her Ulc she isn't dying unless SEGA decides Kohri is the life we lose to get Hitsugi back, instead of the obvious Enga.

Kondibon
Oct 4, 2016, 06:18 PM
People expecting ANYONE to die.
http://i.imgur.com/xvYonmo.gif

IchijinKali
Oct 4, 2016, 06:37 PM
People expecting ANYONE to die.
http://i.imgur.com/xvYonmo.gif

Director dude is. Possibly the same with that tablet loser. Och has a high chance. On 'hero' side Enga has the highest chance just because generic anime and they already 'faked' it before.

Kondibon
Oct 4, 2016, 07:46 PM
Director dude is. Possibly the same with that tablet loser. Och has a high chance. On 'hero' side Enga has the highest chance just because generic anime and they already 'faked' it before.I probably should have worded that differently.

"People expecting the good guys to kill anyone"

Also I used the wrong gif. :wacko:
Meant to use this one.
http://i.imgur.com/IRl6s30.gif

IchijinKali
Oct 4, 2016, 08:11 PM
I probably should have worded that differently.

"People expecting the good guys to kill anyone"

Also I used the wrong gif. :wacko:
Meant to use this one.
http://i.imgur.com/IRl6s30.gif

Yup we are strictly hands off in kills. The worst we got was stabbing Matoi but we hated it so much we reversed time itself to save her.

Traumin
Oct 4, 2016, 08:37 PM
Yup we are strictly hands off in kills. The worst we got was stabbing Matoi but we hated it so much we reversed time itself to save her.

God do I wish we just stabbed Matoi and went on with our lives. So many of our current problems could be solved if we just offed her.

Sirius-91
Oct 4, 2016, 08:48 PM
God do I wish we just stabbed Matoi and went on with our lives. So many of our current problems could be solved if we just offed her.
Then you'd be persona, and you'd be constantly be trying to stop yourself from becoming yourself.

Meteor Weapon
Oct 4, 2016, 08:48 PM
Still wondering what was Persona doing all this time other than attempt collecting Clarissa fragments. He/She went AWOL for the rest of ep2, surely with PC's strength he/she could have the chance to kill Double off screen or cooperate with Xion to prevent Matoi from becoming PD. I guess so much things happen off-screen on Persona's side huh.

Traumin
Oct 4, 2016, 08:49 PM
Then you'd be persona, and you'd be constantly be trying to stop yourself from becoming yourself.
At some point in the loop, one Persona has to become self aware enough to say "fuck this" and just continue their life as Persona.

Zysets
Oct 4, 2016, 09:14 PM
At some point in the loop, one Persona has to become self aware enough to say "fuck this" and just continue their life as Persona.

Wasn't that just the player, the one who chose something besides "Kill Matoi"

Sirius-91
Oct 4, 2016, 09:32 PM
Wasn't that just the player, the one who chose something besides "Kill Matoi"
Yes, we save Matoi because all other options failed and you being you, never thought of this.

silo1991
Oct 4, 2016, 09:51 PM
i just want to know what happen in the first timeline , the original one , i mean i doubt our character and matoi ever meet in the circunstancies we did in the game

IchijinKali
Oct 4, 2016, 10:34 PM
i just want to know what happen in the first timeline , the original one , i mean i doubt our character and matoi ever meet in the circunstancies we did in the game

There is no original it is all conjoined into one. We were always Zeno's sensei, for like 2 days >_>. We always were the one to make Matoi wish for more in life, which caused her almost death XD. We always killed Matoi and became Persona, because of grief o_O. We always saved Matoi thanks to the interference of We, Farnsworth: 'I know a paradox when I see one'. We always tried to kill ourselves for some reason, an odd way to commit suicide but hey a perfect insurance scam :P.

Afin at one point basically pointed out how for our first mission we sure did a whole lot. Dealt with a darker outbreak and then left with Zeno and Echo. Ran into Persona and Gettemhart and Melorinda after which our mission was complete and we left. Then running into a comatose girl in the middle of the forest covered in white and having no idea of what happened of anything before meeting us.

Zysets
Oct 4, 2016, 10:58 PM
That was always something I found confusing with Episode 1 in particular. You don't just go back in time and make a different choice, you go back in time and the current and all previous choices ARE happening. I didn't quite pick up on that when Episode 1 was being updated, until sometime around the Dark Falz update.

Honestly, Episode 1 was really a mess until the second half or so.

IchijinKali
Oct 4, 2016, 11:54 PM
That was always something I found confusing with Episode 1 in particular. You don't just go back in time and make a different choice, you go back in time and the current and all previous choices ARE happening. I didn't quite pick up on that when Episode 1 was being updated, until sometime around the Dark Falz update.

Honestly, Episode 1 was really a mess until the second half or so.

The moment Afin said something about it I was like 'well that didn't take too long to fuck up did it?' It is all throughout the episode too. Fourier you meet TWICE for the same thing at different times of the day to hunt for the same thing. Yet the earlier in the day one is when we find them making the second hunt pointless if they are all conjoined, which they are.

Rakurai
Oct 5, 2016, 12:05 AM
I'm kind of expecting Kohri to be the actual final boss of the coming story quest.

This particular chapter feels a little too climactic for there to be just one boss fight.

udon-GE
Oct 5, 2016, 12:21 AM
I'm thinking Mother cluster incident is just the surface of this arc. I expect someone sinister is lurking behind all of this.

oratank
Oct 5, 2016, 04:19 AM
I'm thinking Mother cluster incident is just the surface of this arc. I expect someone sinister is lurking behind all of this.
http://media.tumblr.com/57fcaea0e076a5c296664d1b9175f845/tumblr_inline_n4rb0zma5j1r0j6cl.jpg

Vatallus
Oct 5, 2016, 04:22 AM
Boy that was a long and wild ride.

Screenshots:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://imgur.com/a/dgySJ[/SPOILER-BOX]

Meteor Weapon
Oct 5, 2016, 04:25 AM
So...is Moon mission available yet?

Chalun-k_x_light
Oct 5, 2016, 04:30 AM
Yes,it is.Kinda disappointed i'll say.

Vatallus
If you mean the new story mission, yes. It involves more than just the moon also.

Do it for Matoi's new partner card at least.

Meteor Weapon
I'm not sure where i can access it lol

Chalun-k_x_light
Oct 5, 2016, 04:32 AM
Just go to Sierra to access from story board as always.

Meteor Weapon
Oct 5, 2016, 04:36 AM
I'm actually kinda stuck tho, im not sure what i missed.

https://s21.postimg.org/mpdy2ub7b/pso20161005_183348_000.png

Chalun-k_x_light
Oct 5, 2016, 04:36 AM
Try exit the story board and enter again.

Meteor Weapon
Oct 5, 2016, 04:41 AM
Tried, I'm still stuck even when I restart game.

Poyonche
Oct 5, 2016, 05:18 AM
File check maybe ?

Meteor Weapon
Oct 5, 2016, 05:19 AM
Did it, still not working, guess I'll try on my other pc.

Moffen
Oct 5, 2016, 05:31 AM
Didnt even get matois card lol.

Not showing up on partner console anyway.

Chalun-k_x_light
Oct 5, 2016, 05:37 AM
Well,we'll have to wait for next story i believe...

Vatallus
Oct 5, 2016, 05:43 AM
Yeah, seems odd to me why it doesn't come with this story quest since we teamed back up with her.

loafhero
Oct 5, 2016, 05:46 AM
Do it for Matoi's new partner card at least.
I can't help but imagine that Player keeps a secret collage of Matoi's pictures that says "Do it for her (Partner Card)" in their room similar to this:
[SPOILER-BOX]40300[/SPOILER-BOX]

Anyway, to comment on the latest Story update (without knowledge from Kazanboshi translation):
[SPOILER-BOX]I'm actually pretty pleased with this chapter. A lot of stuff happens that keep the excitement up.

- Hearing Xion's theme as Mother's face is revealed was slightly nostalgic.

- Och and Phul do indeed die as some have predicted but as Kondibon predicted, not by Player nor Enga's hands. They committed BFF suicide + an attempt to take us down with them.

- Aratron is actually pretty badass for an old human guy.

- It seems that Mother knew about ARKS flawed security measure of disabling Photon weapon and Tech usage within the ships and are exploiting that. Matoi was already established back in EP2 as being so stupidly strong that she can bypass the Photon lock in the ships hence why she can fight.

- I won't deny that I nearly jumped in joy seeing Player reunite with Matoi in a heroic fashion and when they both proceed to fight as a duo again against Phantom fodder. I expected an epic reunion and I can say that the Story delivered that well enough.

- As I predicted a while back, Hitsugi does indeed spawns a brand new outfit and weapon upon gaining newfound willpower and can easily overpower Kohri now.

- Aru doesn't seem to be dead and there is hope to save him (so, hopefully this is the last we see of Aru's stupid looking outfit)[/SPOILER-BOX]

Xaeris
Oct 5, 2016, 05:54 AM
You know, I keep joking and calling embodied weapons zanpakutohs, but that was a straight up bankai right there.

Sirius-91
Oct 5, 2016, 05:57 AM
Fun

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/sBYFr7D.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

gabor100
Oct 5, 2016, 05:59 AM
What i expected from this story update:

[SPOILER-BOX]Player-chan: Enga you grab Hitsugi, i'll get Och and Phul.
Enga: Got it.

or

Aratron and Ophiel: Attention to all Arks, we invade you ship.
Aika: I will stop you

or

Mother and Kohri: I will absorb you Aru.
Aika: You want to absorb Aru? Over my dead body!

or

Aratron: I will hit you with my hammer!
-Matoi closes eye for whatever reason-
Aika: I help you out Matoi.

or

Player-chan: Good to see you again Matoi. - Player-chan gives Matoi a big hug-[/SPOILER-BOX]

Chalun-k_x_light
Oct 5, 2016, 06:08 AM
What i expected at the most : Keep stomping into Kohri's head like how Terumi do in Blazblue.
But really,they draw both Player-Chan & Matoi's attention away from Aru maybe because Mother isn't that strong hence why she needs Aru's unique power for herself.
But speaking of which,where the hell all story's NPCs have been by the time Arks ship was attacked.

loafhero
Oct 5, 2016, 06:08 AM
What i expected from this story update:

[SPOILER-BOX]Player-chan: Enga you grab Hitsugi, i'll get Och and Phul.
Enga: Got it.
[/SPOILER-BOX]
Oh, how I wish that was an option! As annoying as those two were, they were still just kids who had so much to live for nor were they as bad as Hagito and Bethor.

And yes, I had hoped for a hug between Player and Matoi (even if flawed animation/programming would have made the hug look stupid and awkward) but to be fair, it didn't seem like the right time for hugs. Hoping for the next Story update to give us that hug but I will remain skeptical.

Other possibilities could have been:

[SPOILER-BOX]One smart ARKS: Hey, everyone! Lets all just use our superior numbers to gang up on these two geezers using our superhuman physical conditioning!

ARKS: YEAH!![/SPOILER-BOX]

Chalun-k_x_light
Oct 5, 2016, 06:28 AM
Well,from my perspective as the new chapter progress.
Dr.Ophiel seems to be Commander & Mid range type.
While the old man(forgot his name again) is the Close range type.
But yeah,2on1 against a girl is a little bit...you know...

loafhero
Oct 5, 2016, 06:33 AM
But yeah,2on1 against a girl is a little bit...you know...

Actually, that seems like a fair match since that certain girl is one of the strongest characters in the Story. In fact, I had hoped that Matoi would go psycho and curb stomped Ophiel and Aratron like she did with Granny Apprentice. Although, if I had to apply some logic as to why Matoi almost lost despite being really strong its probably cause Matoi is better suited to fighting Darkers than Ether powered enemies.

Xaeris
Oct 5, 2016, 06:46 AM
I didn't realize Och had a snaggletooth until this chapter where we got a closeup. Like I always say, say what you like about Sega, but they know who their target audience is. That'll basically print money when it's available as scratch item frequency bonus. On a note related to that scene, when we were doing the whole endless recursion of time or whatever it was, I actually thought that was Mother at work, screwing with player-chan's time travel ability and using it against her. I was kinda disappointed to see that it was just Phul.

Give me more scenes like that and I'm 100% A-OK with Coat Doublis being player-chan's canon weapon. It's not often we get to roll onto a scene like a badass. I'm not surprised Matoi struggled. Ophiel and Aratron clearly aren't weaklings, and they're wielding bizarre abilities, unfamiliarity with which would slow her down. She just finished blocking a rain of scalpels, she probably needed an extra second to go "wut," which was all the opening Aratron needed.

Vatallus
Oct 5, 2016, 06:53 AM
I just assumed it was her first fight after waking up.

Chalun-k_x_light
Oct 5, 2016, 07:07 AM
Actually, that seems like a fair match since that certain girl is one of the strongest characters in the Story. In fact, I had hoped that Matoi would go psycho and curb stomped Ophiel and Aratron like she did with Granny Apprentice. Although, if I had to apply some logic as to why Matoi almost lost despite being really strong its probably cause Matoi is better suited to fighting Darkers than Ether powered enemies.

Well,those two are not some common enemy for Arks standard either.
Darkers seem don't have intelligence that much hence why she can beat them easily even when apprentice is around.It's most likely 1:1 for her.
For those two who I'll say that they a probably 2 of the top 3 of Mother's Apostle are not some weakling.Aratron is strong enough to deal with many Arks all by himself.And Ophiel,we didn't see much yet but he can attack Matoi while she was busy with Aratron to make her guard open for the next attack.And she's not a close range type either.

loafhero
Oct 5, 2016, 07:30 AM
Although, I still think Aratron and Ophiel shouldn't have given Matoi too much trouble (I'd think otherwise if it was Phaleg), it is worth it that it allowed Player to make a cool entrance.

Moffen
Oct 5, 2016, 07:39 AM
Kinda sad Aratron gets a huge hammer and we don't.

Gimme muh PSU axes back but shaped like hammers 3:<

NephyrisX
Oct 5, 2016, 07:44 AM
The Mathematician and Author are kinda pushovers, aren't they? I doubt they are dead though.

loafhero
Oct 5, 2016, 07:54 AM
Kinda sad Aratron gets a huge hammer and we don't.
Its obviously going to become a Sword camo later on with "smash" sound effect.

The Mathematician and Author are kinda pushovers, aren't they? I doubt they are dead though.

Apostles do seem to like following a predictable pattern of: Trash talking > Summon minions to fight for them while talking from a safe spot > Escape to safety > come back later to fight directly > lose.

mickbis
Oct 5, 2016, 07:55 AM
Seriously SEGA still give us more reason to hate Kohri
for her to injured Sierra... she deserved to die with full of despair....

Chalun-k_x_light
Oct 5, 2016, 07:58 AM
Well,that shows us just how twisted she has become.

loafhero
Oct 5, 2016, 08:07 AM
I did get a laugh out of how Och bluntly points out to the dumbfounded Kohri about how stabbing someone in the gut with a giant sword, complete with massive blood loss, would obviously kill them.

IchijinKali
Oct 5, 2016, 08:13 AM
Felt like I was watching an episode of Evangelion with the frickin Naked Inner Debate with oneself. Gotta love the I have power now skill doesn't mean shit in this scene.

Can't wait to see Kazan's translations just to see what BS SEGA tried to pull to make me care for Och and girl with monocle dying. Not by our hand but by self-destruct sequence.

The ARKs were finally involved in this stupid episode, funny how I mentioned that in this discussion awhile back. Character dies, probably not for long, but I don't care because his personality can be summed up as Onee-chan.

Dealing with characters from previous episodes always a plus. Got a great picture.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/ryx1q/02f0c4e0ce.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Zeroem
Oct 5, 2016, 11:01 AM
Well, (personal) rough translation incoming. As always, read it with a grain of salt, or just wait for Kazen's translation.

- Earth Guide is the one that found Mother Cluster's base.

- Lol, Kohri with her own brand logic. Unfortunately; unlike Munakata, you have no redeeming point...........so far.

- Apparently, Mother (and to some extend, Mother Cluster) was using Kohri and her yandere tendencies to certain point.

- While Aru healed her body, Kohri's heart was in pieces because of Kohri's attack

- Both Och and Phul are handed with the hard part of the mission

- And while we're on the subject of gratitude, it appears that Mother is really kind toward her Apostles

- Inside her shattered heart (which also leaves her naked. Actual barbie doll character model from SEGA confirmed?), Baka-tsugi contempelate about what happened, thinking to stop doing anything, and finally realized what her brother meant.

- Xiela (Sierra) confirmed that Moon was used to spread Ether around the world, with cooperation of countries. And the base was still operational, even after the original goal completed.

- Enga wondered if Mother cluster's reason to infiltrate ARKS is to stealing the technology

- Phul's field make someone who entered it to repeat the action and time inside it over and over again (also apparently a lot of hassle to setup).

- ARKS ship was hijacked by someone with authority as high as Shao (Xiao)

- Och and Phul was on the moon as distraction, knowingly that we would embark to save even the weakest member of ARKS and its allies. Basically, using our kindness to remove the ace of ARKS when th(e main show started.

- When asked as of why Och and Phul went so far for Mother, Och replied that Enga wouldn't know, and Phul added that Mother gave color to their world.

- Enga's teleport card are one time-use, and he originally wanted to use that for Bakatsugi.

- ARKS Ship where we reside are transported back to near Mothership. The ship cannot contact other ships, ship limiter system still operational, phantoms signature found inside ARKS Ship, and Xiela (Sierra) is cut off from doing all of her duties. Not even issue Interrupt and Emergency Code.

- Aratron is interested in ARKS' architecture.

- Ophiel was told by Mother that in-case ARKS ship is under attack, there are two exceptions to the ARKS Ship's limiter system: we, and Matoi.

- Xiela (Sierra) commented that the source of hacking is....a master key. Not Shao (Xiao), not Sierra (Xiela), nor Shao's copy. The intruder was using Shion's (Xion).

- Mother is, indeed, a failed copy of Shion (Xion) which was abandoned in sub-space and reached Earth. That caused her to resent Photoners (who selfishly created her and selfishly throwed her aside), so that she learn to have a heart with 'revenge'.

- Ophiel also confirmed that Och and Phul's goal are to make us stranded on Earth while they are wrecking havoc (and Mother get Aru).

- Mother noted that the power she gained from Aru (a.k.a. fusion between Ether and Photon) is still insufficient.

- Bakatsugi finally realized that what she did was stupid, and miserable. But at least she found her reason to fight. She hate being afraid and getting hurt, but also tired of being afraid and hurt.

- Bakatsugi's new sword is 「天叢雲」

- Xiera regain the control for the ARKS Ship from Mother using her ability.

Must say, while I did enjoy this story mission and what was revealed; I kinda felt that SEGA wasted the opportunity to expand Phul's role and characterization. Almost like SEGA wanted to rush things to wrap this before we reach 2017.

Also, I won't deny I was really giddy when I heard subspace in the dialogue. Now I can't wait for Emilia and Vivinne's cutscene.

mickbis
Oct 5, 2016, 11:47 AM
A fusion between Ether and Photon....? and her absorbed Aru is still insufficient !?
then after this... perhaps her goal might shift to Xiao in the future

Bakatsuki huh ? quite fitting name for her lol
but look like she just graduated from baka and return to her true self

Chalun-k_x_light
Oct 5, 2016, 11:54 AM
You know,Player-Chan should say something like "You kids underestimate Arks too much." to the dying Och&Phul before heading into teleporter with Enga.

And somehow,i think that Mother is not powerful at all.As when Hitsugi gain her new form in front of Mother.She just ordered Kohri to attack Hitsugi instead.And when Player-Chan&Matoi arrived,she ordered Ophiel to teleport them away from Arks Ship instead of dealing with them.
But her manipulation skill is another thing though.

I don't know if i'm thinking too much.But maybe in the end of Ep.4,Mother might finally have a heart-to-heart talk with Xion.

mickbis
Oct 5, 2016, 12:14 PM
You know,Player-Chan should say something like "You kids underestimate Arks too much." to the dying Och&Phul before heading into teleporter with Enga.

And somehow,i think that Mother is not powerful at all.As when Hitsugi gain her new form in front of Mother.She just ordered Kohri to attack Hitsugi instead.And when Player-Chan&Matoi arrived,she ordered Ophiel to teleport them away from Arks Ship instead of dealing with them.

I don't know if i'm thinking too much.But maybe in the end of Ep.4,Mother might finally have a heart-to-heart talk with Xion.

Now that you talk about her not bring a good fighter. I remember that Xion and Xiao too didn't fight and need someone else to do the job for them
Bring Akashic record...Observer.... perhaps their role really isn't meant for fighting
What mother seek might be the power that enable her to completely destroy Photoner legacy

and Xiao is more possible instead of Xion since to talk with Xion mean we need to do something with Profound Darkness ( and serve as reintroduction for Xiao )
She or Photon x Ether might be a key to stop Profound Darkness once and for all

starwind75043
Oct 5, 2016, 12:47 PM
I was originally thinking ep 4 would be a filler ep but looks like there going to make it worth while after all.

mickbis
Oct 5, 2016, 12:58 PM
I thought EP4 will act as like introduction just like EP1 at first
but now the scale is larger... we might even get to fight Mother at the end EP4

D-Inferno
Oct 5, 2016, 02:40 PM
Mother absorbing Aru is what will likely lead to those Phantom Darkers that were datamined.

Now to see if Xiao or even PD will get involved.

Zyrusticae
Oct 5, 2016, 03:10 PM
Huh. So the next field isn't going to be on Earth? Gonna be somewhere else in space? Very curious. Very curious, indeed.

Zysets
Oct 5, 2016, 04:25 PM
I figured we'd start moving away from Earth from the very beginning, even if they were trying to appeal to modern anime fans more, I didn't think we'd be stuck with Earth forever. It almost makes me sad to see all the people who left the game because they didn't like the start of Episode 4. Does anyone else remember someone on this forum who made a video of them deleting their inventory, storage, and finally their characters, after seeing the Ep4 trailers? That's really sad, I really think the story and setting is going to start moving up from here on out.

I'm glad it seems like it's moving to reintroducing PD and Xiao, I want closure with Persona's time looping, above all else.

IchijinKali
Oct 5, 2016, 04:53 PM
First cutscene is up. Honestly I wish I got to bad mouth Hitsugi, Enga gets all the fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7iQf8O2EOU

Xaeris
Oct 5, 2016, 05:16 PM
I wish the dialogue choices, inconsequential as they are, could express some anger. They kidnapped Bakatsugi (I approve of this renaming) right under my nose; where's the "let's go ride on these mofos" option?

Zeroem
Oct 5, 2016, 06:15 PM

I think that remark is not really far off, since Kohri was acting as Mother's hand. Mother ordered Kohri to attack because Bakatsugi's new attire and weapon didn't exist in her banks, and Mother realized that when both Guardians member are back within ARKS (and Xiela regain control over ship); then they are fighting a losing battle (also losing the element of surprise).

After all, there's a reason why Mother ordered Och and Phul to make us stranded on Earth.

IchijinKali
Oct 5, 2016, 06:43 PM
Also I would like to point out something this 'Mother' should've thought of before trying this dumb plan.

'Why wasn't PSO2 down for maintenance when she decided to invade?'

I mean seriously even without Bakatuski I could've just created a character and logged in myself. There was never a problem of not being able to get back to the ARKs ship thanks to that stupid Star Ocean 3 twist.

Zeroem
Oct 5, 2016, 07:03 PM
Also I would like to point out something this 'Mother' should've thought of before trying this dumb plan.

I mean seriously even without Bakatuski I could've just created a character and logged in myself. There was never a problem of not being able to get back to the ARKs ship thanks to that stupid Star Ocean 3 twist.

Well, to be fair, Och already counted that Bakatsugi's heart was 99% dead when Enga (and we) defeated both them and Phul. And no one (other than us, in a meta way) would believe that 1% will be the rock that ruin Mother's plan. Not like her plan was 100% ruined, since she still got the EtherxPhoton from Aru.

..............Well, I guess in that way, you could say that Mother is somehow bad at improvising on the spot.

IchijinKali
Oct 5, 2016, 07:17 PM
Saving Bakatuski was never my objective,. I'm sure I can get away with saying that is why I accompanied Enga as I never stated I was doing it for Bakatuski just that he was getting help. My objective was to keep Enga alive what we did or did not accomplish during that 'rescue' mission was inconsequential to the primary.

I know I'm not as smart as you guys with all this strategy shit. But, hey... I'm still alive, ain't I? I mean, you've *got* to be running out of bad guys by now, right? Huh? Mother? Honestly, you can tell me. I mean, how does that work? Got some kind of service or something? Some kind of 800 number? 1-800-HENCHMEN? Oh, you know what? I bet you're still on hold with, "Can I get another dead Asian hooker bitch over here right away?"

Felt that was an appropriate movie quote XD.

Great Pan
Oct 5, 2016, 07:42 PM
Aww, we didn't got to kill Koori...

Well, two dead brats were enough for me.

mickbis
Oct 5, 2016, 08:02 PM

My thought exactly lol about the game maintenance part
even if Bakatsuki didn't wake up in time
we alone could single hand foil mother plan

loafhero
Oct 5, 2016, 08:12 PM
It was pretty epic that for the first time in the Story, we get to fight within the Shop area. I won't deny that I've attempted a few "accidental" vandalisation of Dudu and Monica's shop despite the futility of it all.

I think most of the other stronger ARKS weren't around because of the recent need to have strong ARKS patrolling other Planets (mentioned by Huey in the previous update). Even then, the Ship limiter would have posed a problem for them.

Meteor Weapon
Oct 5, 2016, 08:42 PM
Probably due PD's corruption spreading further? I mean even Amduscia eventually fell into corruption.

Lol if Regius was around on that ship, he'd easily whooped their ass, limiter or not.

Hopefully Eucreta and Aurora makes an appearance soon, as Aurora is the only living photoner atm she may have a word or two towards Mother.

loafhero
Oct 6, 2016, 02:34 AM
Probably due PD's corruption spreading further? I mean even Amduscia eventually fell into corruption.

I think it was said by Huey that Earth has been receiving the higher threat priority as of recently and thus many more ARKS are deployed there. Strong higher ups like Huey and Claris Claes III (whose positions originally did not require them to do field work) are being deployed at the other Planets for patrols to compensate for the low numbers. The Earth problem has probably been forcing ARKS to expend more of their resources which left a brief window for Mother Cluster to launch a surprise attack on the ships.

Akero
Oct 6, 2016, 03:26 AM
I REALLY want to kill khori now.
Nobody does that to Xierra!

Gestriden
Oct 6, 2016, 03:29 AM
Well I held out on uploading this because of how spoilerific it was, but now that a lot of people have experienced Episode 4 Part 5 I'll post it now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBD3I7ZEq6M

oratank
Oct 6, 2016, 03:36 AM
"Mother noted that the power she gained from Aru (a.k.a. fusion between Ether and Photon) is still insufficient. "

Photon =/= Ether? i thought xerria said they are the same,didn't she?

Kondibon
Oct 6, 2016, 03:51 AM
Photon =/= Ether? i thought xerria said they are the same,didn't she?I'm pretty sure they said they're similar, not the same. I remember one of the key differences is that Ether is better at creating things or something like that.

loafhero
Oct 6, 2016, 04:51 AM
I'm pretty sure they said they're similar, not the same. I remember one of the key differences is that Ether is better at creating things or something like that.

Or as Hagito puts it: The Power of Fantasy. (Yes, EP4 actually tried to justify the "Phantasy" in Phantasy Star Online 2)

Well I held out on uploading this because of how spoilerific it was, but now that a lot of people have experienced Episode 4 Part 5 I'll post it now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBD3I7ZEq6M

Fitting that the theme sounds distorted to reflect how Mother is a more twisted version of Xion.

oratank
Oct 6, 2016, 04:55 AM
mother song is better than her original ver.

Vatallus
Oct 6, 2016, 05:17 AM
Mother not being strong enough could mean a lot of things, but ultimately Mother will need to be strong enough to beat the Player. She went as far as sending two of her members to their deaths trying to keep us out of the fight, and moved the Arks Ship so we couldn't just return to it.

That said I'm not sure if it was Hitsugi's new form or the realization we were back on the Arks Ship made Mother abandon ship after getting Aru. Personally I believe she wouldn't of stopped with just that if there was no one there to fight back.

Meteor Weapon
Oct 6, 2016, 05:33 AM
Not sure if she just completely forgot about the Council of Six, like she seriously has no idea how scary Maria can be despite her being the first Gen ARKS and just using a basic ARKS weaponary.

Zeroem
Oct 6, 2016, 06:22 AM
"Mother noted that the power she gained from Aru (a.k.a. fusion between Ether and Photon) is still insufficient. "

Photon =/= Ether? i thought xerria said they are the same,didn't she?

Photon and Ether is similar, yet not the same. And what Mother noted is the EtherxPhotons inside Aru. Remember, Aru is a special being born from both Ether and Photons.

Golgotha
Oct 6, 2016, 07:03 AM
Goodness, now with Aru back in the system Mother can finally start reviving whoever got killed recently.

The plan was so dumb that it worked exactly as intended. Both you and Hitsugi did jack all against it.

I think most of the other stronger ARKS weren't around because of the recent need to have strong ARKS patrolling other Planets (mentioned by Huey in the previous update). Even then, the Ship limiter would have posed a problem for them.
That's what Aratron and Ophiel cover. The only two people that mattered in the invasion were you and Matoi. You got lured to moonbase, and Matoi was busy with the surgeon@arheologist party.

loafhero
Oct 6, 2016, 07:18 AM
Not sure if she just completely forgot about the Council of Six, like she seriously has no idea how scary Maria can be despite her being the first Gen ARKS and just using a basic ARKS weaponary.

I think its evident that Mother's attack was meant to be a get in and get out as soon as possible kind of plan. Mother also had control of Xierra's ship and thus she could lock out anyone. It wouldn't matter how powerful of an ARKS is available at the moment if they have no means of entering the ship. The only difference that the likes of Maria or Regius would make is lowering Ophiel and Aratron's chances of survival/escape but even then, Ophiel and Aratron would still fulfil their part of providing a distraction for Mother.

The only way Mother's plan could have failed was if Xierra had the ability to defend herself decently enough against Mother and Kohri but unfortunately, Xierra was never made with combat abilities for some reason.

Vatallus
Oct 6, 2016, 07:54 AM
Everyone wants to kill Kohri and I'm like... I want that hairstyle.

oratank
Oct 6, 2016, 07:55 AM
yeah she call herself Hi-cast but don't have combat abilities kindda ruin a "Hi" word

about kohri she is too dumb don't deserve to die by my hand.she should die by mother hand with fuck up face

Vatallus
Oct 6, 2016, 08:12 AM
If only Xierra died when Kohri smacked her so we could of replaced her with a new operator. ;)

[SPOILER-BOX]40315[/SPOILER-BOX]

Chalun-k_x_light
Oct 6, 2016, 08:39 AM
yeah she call herself Hi-cast but don't have combat abilities kindda ruin a "Hi" word

about kohri she is too dumb don't deserve to die by my hand.she should die by mother hand with fuck up face

Well,that depends on what "Hi" terms they mean.
And yeah,dying by Mother's hand is quite satisfied one.
But still,I prefer slow & painful death by my hand.
Destroying all hope from her before killing is a perfect death for her.(From my opinion)
Call me cold or sadistic if you want.I already got that from friends and families a lot.

loafhero
Oct 6, 2016, 08:52 AM
I guess a Hi-CAST (if that's even a thing) swaps out combat abilities to make room for high speed brain processing power.

yoshiblue
Oct 6, 2016, 08:54 AM
Reminds me of Lou, but with less fighting and less look alikes. Yet.

Tymek
Oct 6, 2016, 10:21 AM
I guess a Hi-CAST (if that's even a thing) swaps out combat abilities to make room for high speed brain processing power.

Has nobody considered that "Hi-CAST" would be "High CAST"?
As in, a CAST in a higher position?
Or something?

Vintasticvin
Oct 6, 2016, 11:57 AM
Destroying all hope from her before killing is a perfect death for her.(From my opinion)
Call me cold or sadistic if you want.I already got that from friends and families a lot.

O_o Momma mia what did she do to have you cravin her pixilated blood?

starwind75043
Oct 6, 2016, 12:15 PM
Story is starting to feeling like there trying to wrap it up ASAP.

Chalun-k_x_light
Oct 6, 2016, 12:22 PM
O_o Momma mia what did she do to have you cravin her pixilated blood?

Well,if words are not enough to redeem her back.I'll just use a rough method instead.
If she's gonna keep hoping that Mother care for her,then i'll just rob that away and make her realize that Mother just care for her ONLY as long as she's useful.
If she realized her mistake and redeem herself then it's good.But if not after all these mocking & torturing then so be it.

Then again,don't take my idea seriously.
It's not like i can do something like this in real life.(If i do,i'll be in a big trouble.)^^

Mattykins
Oct 6, 2016, 12:37 PM

Maybe you can cut her on all that edge.

Chalun-k_x_light
Oct 6, 2016, 12:54 PM
Maybe you can cut her on all that edge.

Well,i prefer to kicking and stomping her instead.Cutting might be too quick.
I'd like to give her time to think about her resolve to fight for Mother.
As she keeps suffering,she'll starting doubting that why Mother isn't coming to save her.
Realize it or not,it's up to her.

Putting that aside,I'm just wondering if Loser-Chan(It's Luther,i just like to call him that) has something to do with the time Mother was created as a clone of Xion.

Shady3011
Oct 6, 2016, 01:07 PM
Aren't all ARKS operators supposed to have at least basic photon affinity? At least that was the case why Ulc couldn't even become an operator way back in episode 1 even though she wanted to be an ARKS member way more than Theodore. I mean, Seraphy doesn't look like it, but she showed in es that she can wield a launcher.

Chalun-k_x_light
Oct 6, 2016, 01:14 PM
Aren't all ARKS operators supposed to have at least basic photon affinity? At least that was the case why Ulc couldn't even become an operator way back in episode 1 even though she wanted to be an ARKS member way more than Theodore. I mean, Seraphy doesn't look like it, but she showed in es that she can wield a launcher.

I think that depends on what position they are in.Some position,photon is quite unnecessary i think.
I'm not sure about this one.
About Seraphy,if you mean the drawing illust chip one then no.

Shady3011
Oct 6, 2016, 01:21 PM
I think that depends on what position they are in.Some position,photon is quite unnecessary i think.
I'm not sure about this one.
About Seraphy,if you mean the drawing illust chip one then no.

Ulc was pretty clear that being any member of the ARKS team meant you had to have some level of photon affinity. Whether they backtracked on that or not I'm not entirely sure.

As for Seraphy, that chip illustration is from the fact that in the climax of the episode 1 story in es she helps the player attack the secret base that was doing darker research.

Zysets
Oct 6, 2016, 01:29 PM
Putting that aside,I'm just wondering if Loser-Chan(It's Luther,i just like to call him that) has something to do with the time Mother was created as a clone of Xion.

I'd love for Luther to be part of the story again, even if he's dead. I liked Luther, and that would also mean going into the Photoners more, which I've always been curious about.

Chalun-k_x_light
Oct 6, 2016, 02:03 PM
Ulc was pretty clear that being any member of the ARKS team meant you had to have some level of photon affinity. Whether they backtracked on that or not I'm not entirely sure.

As for Seraphy, that chip illustration is from the fact that in the climax of the episode 1 story in es she helps the player attack the secret base that was doing darker research.

Well,i totally forgot about es story...
As for Ulc's case.While she always complaining that she can't use photon hence why she can't become Arks.But somehow she had been finally accepted as Arks member.(Probably Loser-Chan's manipulation i think)And she died(from Ep.1 perspective) at her 1st mission.I'll say this case is exception.
While others might have might have photon affinity,but i think most of them are not skilled enough when it comes to fighting.

I'd love for Luther to be part of the story again, even if he's dead. I liked Luther, and that would also mean going into the Photoners more, which I've always been curious about.
Well,he's in Double's world enjoying his time there.
Since Mother's a failed clone of Xion created by Photoners.And Loser-Chan,stated by Kasra that he lived a long life transfering his mind to Kasra-Type Clone as his vessel.So i can't discard the idea that he might know things or two about Mother.

Vatallus
Oct 6, 2016, 03:17 PM
Show us on the doll where the big bad Kohri touched you.

Xaeris
Oct 6, 2016, 10:06 PM
Remembering the anime for a moment (I know, I know), I'm now wondering again how Itsuki and Rina could fit into Episode 4. Looking at them, a wardrobe change seems to be a standard feature of the embodied weapon (we really need a shorter name for that), but Bakatsugi only got hers once she got her head screwed on straight, so I'm thinking her embodied weapon was incomplete until now. So if Bakatsugi could bitchslap Mother and Kohri with her bankai complete embodied weapon, Itsuki and Rina shouldn't be that far off in terms of power. So if you needed reinforcements against Mother Cluster, especially when they roll up on in the ship, you might consider calling those two to log in. Obviously, Aika wouldn't consider doing that and endangering them, but Casra wouldn't blink twice.

Zysets
Oct 6, 2016, 10:11 PM
Remembering the anime for a moment (I know, I know), I'm now wondering again how Itsuki and Rina could fit into Episode 4. Looking at them, a wardrobe change seems to be a standard feature of the embodied weapon (we really need a shorter name for that), but Bakatsugi only got hers once she got her head screwed on straight, so I'm thinking her embodied weapon was incomplete until now. So if Bakatsugi could bitchslap Mother and Kohri with her bankai complete embodied weapon, Itsuki and Rina shouldn't be that far off in terms of power. So if you needed reinforcements against Mother Cluster, especially when they roll up on in the ship, you might consider calling those two to log in. Obviously, Aika wouldn't consider doing that and endangering them, but Casra wouldn't blink twice.

I like this, as much as people find the anime to be subpar (and honestly, it is) I really did enjoy it, I'd love to see Rina and Itsuki show up.
I also wouldn't mind for Itsuki's voice actor to do more for the game, I already own all his voice tickets

Meteor Weapon
Oct 6, 2016, 10:32 PM
Been wondering but does everyone know about PD's host being MC themselves? Or was classified info only known by a few people close to MC?

Xaeris
Oct 6, 2016, 10:39 PM
It's definitely meant to be a secret. Back on the story board node where Aika and Casra explain why Matoi had to go into cold sleep, Casra muses that no one knows why Dio Hunar came to help Matoi, but then pointedly asks, "I guess you wouldn't know either," or something like that.

Chalun-k_x_light
Oct 7, 2016, 12:40 AM
Probably a few who was involved in "that" incident.Or maybe only Xiao,Matoi,Player-Chan.

silo1991
Oct 7, 2016, 01:12 AM
thats true , since the EP2 ending i been wondering how everybody would react if they knew PD/persona is YOU from the future :/

Vatallus
Oct 7, 2016, 01:44 AM
Matoi, Council of Six cough7cough, Xion, Xiao, and probably Xierra. Though Xierra is just a maybe since Xiao could of left that information out. That is just people that would know for sure.

Casra mentioned that people who have been under Falz influence might be able to sense other people that have gone through the same ordeal. This comes up when we first meet Aika and ask her about her hair. (Or whatever the other choice was). While I doubt she would know we were PD, she might be able to sense we were at one point a Falz. Assuming she couldn't put two and two together when Casra mentioned what I typed above.

This is also the same story scene where Aika explains what Matoi did and that Dio Hunar showed up. Which is where Casra makes that little nudge toward us asking if we might know why Dio Hunar did what he/she did.

starwind75043
Oct 7, 2016, 01:50 AM
Some more thoughts on this

I assume HI-Cast mode gives her near total control of the Arks fleet near Xiaos lvl

If Aru is not enough, What will be mothers next target?

Speculation Time.
In her quest to gain as much power as quickly as possible. Mother will try to Eat Anga but it will over power her and start to corrupt her turning her into a Falz like creature. Mother will be the reason for the Corruption jumping to Amdusica. [/SPOILER-BOX]

I am hoping Lisa take part in the story as Aru and her seem to share a moment there.

I swear to god sega if you put Matois outfit in star gem scratch.....[S]Ill be a good boy and buy star gems just for that lol

Golgotha
Oct 7, 2016, 04:17 AM
Considering phantom darkers in datamine, it might go usual route of Mother going full PD.
Or maybe she is just going to run amok and make use of Aru's power to reinforce SNS. Rebuild base on moon, create Arks ship phantoms, whatever else is need for the raid soon to happen.

Sierra talked about her position a few events before that.
She called herself a high cast with specialization in calculations. While talking to you, she actually runs instructions to supervise entire ship.
People also forget that it is two years old and can barely speak properly. Again, from her talk she seems to be a supercomputer that learns human interaction with your help - for the sake of not making the same mistake as photoners.

Meteor Weapon
Oct 7, 2016, 06:16 AM
I guess the other difference between CAST and HI-CAST in pso2 is that CAST are originally humans who transferred their minds into a robotic body due to many factors. While HI-CAST such as Xierra is a full android with built in advanced AI.

starwind75043
Oct 7, 2016, 01:58 PM
This was all I could hear when I watch this scene

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/xNPFS5s.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqF5i4qloVE

Yden
Oct 7, 2016, 04:33 PM
I guess the other difference between CAST and HI-CAST in pso2 is that CAST are originally humans who transferred their minds into a robotic body due to many factors. While HI-CAST such as Xierra is a full android with built in advanced AI.

It's not just the minds but their ability to use photons as well as noted by Lisa's backstory. Then again photon manipulation may be part of the mind or maybe it's closer to transferring a soul to the new body.

Icis
Oct 7, 2016, 05:23 PM
People really call her Bakatsugi? I like her a million times more than Matoi.

Meteor Weapon
Oct 7, 2016, 05:40 PM
People call her Bakatsugi because of her tendency to boast herself with nothing to backup, rush out into battle without enough experience and get herself almost killed. Honestly I don't like the idea of having a character suddenly becoming too powerful right off the bat because of some energy shenanigans. The same goes with Itsuki who suddenly got a retarded powerup one-shot Apprentice when he never really actually deserved it. I hate characters with broken power compatibility to back up lack of battle experience. MC didn't get strong right of the bat like Hitsugi and Itsuki, they trained hard for it and spent a lot of time with Matoi and others to gain trust and get where they deserved.

Chris_Chocobo
Oct 7, 2016, 05:48 PM
Lol i just heard the Moon Base music and its the Moonlight Sonata singed :O really epic. Also, Mother's theme is like Xion. She's his failed sister or what? It's been two months since i left PSO2

Zeroem
Oct 7, 2016, 06:39 PM
Lol i just heard the Moon Base music and its the Moonlight Sonata singed :O really epic. Also, Mother's theme is like Xion. She's his failed sister or what? It's been two months since i left PSO2

If you want to put it that way, technically it's not wrong.
She's one of the failed attempt by Photoners to create their own Shion (Xion); so in a sense, just like Shao (Xiao) can be called as Shion's brother, Mother can be called as Shion's sister.

Shady3011
Oct 7, 2016, 07:04 PM
People call her Bakatsugi because of her tendency to boast herself with nothing to backup, rush out into battle without enough experience and get herself almost killed. Honestly I don't like the idea of having a character suddenly becoming too powerful right off the bat because of some energy shenanigans. The same goes with Itsuki who suddenly got a retarded powerup one-shot Apprentice when he never really actually deserved it. I hate characters with broken power compatibility to back up lack of battle experience. MC didn't get strong right of the bat like Hitsugi and Itsuki, they trained hard for it and spent a lot of time with Matoi and others to gain trust and get where they deserved.

For me at least, it is a lazy writing device a lot of animes love to use (mostly shonen ones). It removes any sense of tension the story has. Even when the Council of Six goes ham, they are pretty clear that it is a double-edged sword and can kill them if they overdo it. Basically, I'm not against strong characters but there needs to be checks in place otherwise you have no reason to care about what is happening if they can just flip a switch and win.

IchijinKali
Oct 7, 2016, 09:12 PM
For me at least, it is a lazy writing device a lot of animes love to use (mostly shonen ones). It removes any sense of tension the story has. Even when the Council of Six goes ham, they are pretty clear that it is a double-edged sword and can kill them if they overdo it. Basically, I'm not against strong characters but there needs to be checks in place otherwise you have no reason to care about what is happening if they can just flip a switch and win.

Here will be SEGA's lazy version of a downside, if they give one.
"She can't control it."

If you watched Mobile Fighter G Gundam, my favorite Gundam series, Domon has the ability to enter basically a Frenzied mode. The problem is he could never activate it when he wanted to and even some times it went off on its own. It wasn't until he was taught by 'Schwarz Bruder' that he learned the true version of this mode that he could control using a serene state of mind.

loafhero
Oct 7, 2016, 10:06 PM
My only disappointment with MB 2-6 was that Player's time with Matoi and little Zeno was roughly for 2 days. It would've been better if something went wrong with the time travelling and Player gets stuck in the past for almost a year. A year's worth of time with Matoi and as Zeno's master would have better justified their attachment and adoration of Player.

I personally find Matoi to be a better character than Hitsugi because Matoi is surprisingly more relatable. Matoi's backstory is that she was (and still is) a very powerful ARKS but being powerful wasn't all what its cut out to be for Matoi and that things that people take for granted like having friends and doing normal stuff is more meaningful. Its why I wanted Matoi vs Phaleg to happen because of the parallels between the two (not that I think Huey vs Phaleg is a bad thing). Phaleg is a woman who believes her great power should be something to be proud of and makes her think she's above everyone else. Matoi is a girl who believes being powerful doesn't make her more special than anyone else at all.

Also, yeah. It does seem very jarring for Hitsugi to go from struggling to block a playful swing of Kohri's Gram to being able to effortlessly one-handedly block a full swing of Kohri's Gram with only the scabbard of her Katana as well as being strong enough to force Mother to retreat. Still, it is done a whole lot better than Itsuki one-shotting Apprentice in the anime *shrug*.

ratatosk
Oct 7, 2016, 10:36 PM
Still, it is done a whole lot better than Itsuki one-shotting Apprentice in the anime *shrug*.
Power of FRIENDSHIP AND LOVEE

loafhero
Oct 8, 2016, 12:03 AM
To better explain what I mean by Hitsugi's power up being better done than Itsuki, at least Hitsugi acquired her power following the established rules and foreshadowing of her respective story. Itsuki, Aika and Rina simply used something completely unrelated to PSO2.

Chalun-k_x_light
Oct 8, 2016, 12:19 AM
Just think of it as a massive photon gathering in to one hit then.

Golgotha
Oct 8, 2016, 06:19 AM
Power of FRIENDSHIP AND LOVEE

It is pretty much how ether works though. If your kokoro is strong and you have high innate trion ether supply, you get what Rina/Hitsugi do. There is a talk about how you need to train the ether manipulation ability, but its evidently irrelevant with enough resolve and talent.
Well, AT LEAST anime finally connected with Pso2 lore structure and wasn't casted away as some spinoff anomaly.

Chris_Chocobo
Oct 8, 2016, 07:15 AM
If you want to put it that way, technically it's not wrong.
She's one of the failed attempt by Photoners to create their own Shion (Xion); so in a sense, just like Shao (Xiao) can be called as Shion's brother, Mother can be called as Shion's sister.

What are her goals? I dont get much the last episodes because the japanese. Or she's simply bad because being a failed Xion?

PS: Prepare for a remix of Death Place for the final Battle against her.

Zephyrion
Oct 8, 2016, 07:19 AM
What are her goals? I dont get much the last episodes because the japanese. Or she's simply bad because being a failed Xion?

PS: Prepare for a remix of Death Place for the final Battle against her.

Basically because she is a failed Xion
> Her goal is in her words "revenge" against the photoners for having created then discarded her (hence why she resides on earth)
> Sierra tells her photoners have disappeared from the universe long ago
> Not being able to exact her revenge, Mother decides to eradicate every trace of photoners' heritage, in other words, us

loafhero
Oct 8, 2016, 07:22 AM
Even with some degree of explanation, the Plot Gazer is still a massive ass pull.

Chalun-k_x_light
Oct 8, 2016, 07:40 AM
Basically because she is a failed Xion
> Her goal is in her words "revenge" against the photoners for having created then discarded her (hence why she resides on earth)
> Sierra tells her photoners have disappeared from the universe long ago
> Not being able to exact her revenge, Mother decides to eradicate every trace of photoners' heritage, in other words, us

Well,there're some of them left.
First is Loser-Chan,but we won't get him out to have a talk with Mother now as he's wandering in Double's inner world.As in,wandering in PD's inner world.
Second is Aurora,she appears to know Xion,Photoners&PD very well(Enough to call her Xion-Chan).But you know,she doesn't have any role in Ep.4 at all.

Meteor Weapon
Oct 8, 2016, 08:08 AM
Aurora might make an appearance just to tell how pitiful Mother was with her pointless revenge.

Aurora doesn't really know everything but she probably knows how bad enough the situation back then to know all the stuff. So bad that they accidentally created PD.

Loser doesn't care anyway whether ARKS perishes or survives.

oratank
Oct 8, 2016, 09:42 AM
but if you can tell luther about mother he will crazy for it because mother absorbed aru(who has a fragment of xion).also she is a xion copy.luther will think i will bring xion back in mother body.because he is a expert about transfer body/mind.

IchijinKali
Oct 9, 2016, 01:59 AM
I may not care but you guys might so here is the next two scenes from Kazan.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGfLvY4GP7s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4lOcUPsgJ4

Xaeris
Oct 9, 2016, 02:20 AM
XD, the Olsen twins actually call her a yandere.

loafhero
Oct 9, 2016, 02:26 AM
As the 40 minute long [103-C] will take time for Kazanboshi subbing to be released, my comments on [99-C],[100-C] and [101-C]:

[SPOILER-BOX][99-C]

- I laughed pretty hard at Enga saying he'll infiltrate the Moon Base alone. Yeah, like that's going to happen.

- Everyone seems a little too okay with Aru being a Falz like being.

[100-C]

- Mother is shown to be an effective bullshit artist, excusing Hitsugi's "unexpected" comatose state as a result of Mother not anticipating that Kohri would be so powerful (keep in mind that Aru saving Hitsugi and kidnapping Hitsugi instead of Aru was not part of the plan). Ophiel is also shown to be good at keeping up the bullshit, quickly seeing that Kohri posed Mother a question she might not have been able to answer.

- Mother actually does feel bad for manipulating Kohri and it turns out that she and the Apostles at the Moon Base do have a mutual bond formed out of gratitude. What makes Mother apparently different from Xion in this regard is that Xion knew when she was going too far and stopped herself from crossing the line while Mother continues to keep pushing past the line despite her attachments.

- I didn't notice that Phul called Och with the nickname "Chu".

- Och suggests that Kohri's unhinged state makes her a liability but Mother is confident that Kohri will remain loyal because of her "pure" desire.

- Rather than a snaggletooth, Och looks like she has tiny fangs which I imagine is meant to fit with her mean brat personality.

- Phul is also shown to be a huge fan of cliches like zombies and yandere.

- Its implied that Och and Phul had their talents shunned by society in the past because of their young age and their loyalty to Mother was because she saw past their age, recognized their talents and gave them opportunities.

- Phul's absence in the previous chapter was because she was busy setting up the time loop trap.

[101-C]

- Hitsugi's current state is because of her feelings of powerlessness. She admits that everything she's done was just her going with the flow rather than doing anything proactive. The exception being when she saved Aru from Hagito which was the first time she summoned her Katana.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Poyonche
Oct 9, 2016, 03:43 AM
The state of mind of Hitsugi kind of reminds me the one of Claris Claes II Matoi questionning herself about what is really her purpose.

Also I'm pretty sure that with all those negative feelings, If Hitsugi was in an environnment surrounded of photons she would get corrupted by Darkers and turn into a Dark Falz.

"I am Dark Falz [Baka], the sole reason of my existence is... Wait... What is my purpose ? What am I supposed to do ?" Endless loop. :wacko:

mickbis
Oct 9, 2016, 04:21 AM
Hitsugi resolves 'Search for place she belong and power to protect those she loved'

I could see she become Arks member at the end of this...
and Enga end up become official Earth Guide ambassador to Arks in order to keep watching over Hitsugi

loafhero
Oct 9, 2016, 05:14 AM
The state of mind of Hitsugi kind of reminds me the one of Claris Claes II Matoi questionning herself about what is really her purpose.

This was mentioned by Matoi about 2 chapters back where she notices that Hitsugi was facing the same dilemma of MY RESOLVE that Matoi went through when she was Claris Claes II. The difference is that Matoi was a total badass as Claris Claes II with a sadistic side and Hitsugi is a total whiny wimp (well, not any more at least)

mickbis
Oct 9, 2016, 05:22 AM
This was mentioned by Matoi about 2 chapters back where she notices that Hitsugi was facing the same dilemma of MY RESOLVE that Matoi went through when she was Claris Claes II. The difference is that Matoi was a total badass as Claris Claes II with a sadistic side and Hitsugi is a total whiny wimp (well, not any more at least)

Well to be fair, Matoi is already an Arks and grow in environment that required her to fight on daily basic
while Hitsugi is just normal teenager born in peaceful world who learn a very hard reality when facing a true monster...

Zeroem
Oct 9, 2016, 08:15 AM
I think, despite her total baka-ness, Bakatsugi's dilemma is arguably on the same level as Claris Claes II. While not on the same settings and situations.

Just imagine being in her shoes. She was playing an online game (which she later found out it's not a game) when a serious 'bug' (which she later found out it's not a bug) attacked her character; then a famous NPC saved her; and it's just going downwards from there. Not to add her encounter with ARKS (which is kind of similar to a teenager accidentally met aliens); thrown into conflict between Mother Cluster and ARKS that is leagues above her; forced to fight her best friend; and not to add her own personal issues to the boot.

Almost like her normal life was crashing down just like that.

loafhero
Oct 9, 2016, 10:50 AM
Hence, why I find the "highschool kid gaining super power and thrown into deadly situation" premise and "normal highschool protagonist" archetype so dreadfully dull.

Zeroem
Oct 9, 2016, 11:28 AM
Dull or not, well it comes back to each person and how it was executed. Archetypes and cliches both survived the wheel of time because both of them are not inherently a bad thing. When both of them are in a good hand, it will capture the attention of audience regardless of when they saw it.

If I'm going to say something about Bakatsugi, her characterization is crippled by how she was written. And I'm sure all of us already formed an opinion about how the EP4 writer fare so far regarding the story flow, characters, and how all things were connected into one coherent storyline. But I'm going off-topic here, so I'll stop.

Speaking of characterization, now that we know that Mother is only hostile toward Photoners (and ARKS) and actually care about her Apostles, I wonder what her ultimate fate would be.

Tymek
Oct 9, 2016, 02:32 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CuWXWMGXgAEEOUG.png
Where does this fit in PSO2 story canon?

IchijinKali
Oct 9, 2016, 05:05 PM
Speaking of characterization, now that we know that Mother is only hostile toward Photoners (and ARKS) and actually care about her Apostles, I wonder what her ultimate fate would be.

The same thing that happens to every apostle who loves her so. Death. Well my wish anyway I don't want any of these Mother Cluster characters around by the end. They could live as well I just don't want to see their faces ever again.

You know I just realized I keep comparing these Mother Clusters to Sensui Seven from Yu Yu Hakusho. They are working for someone who is trying accomplish a goal of revenge. They all seem to have been recruited by the leader's charm and kindness. They are all willing to do the leader's bidding regardless of consequences.

Now that I think about it I'm expecting Mother to have multiple personalities like Sensui had.

Zysets
Oct 9, 2016, 05:34 PM
Now that you mention it, I wouldn't be surprised if Mother's caring side is just how she gets her Apostles to do as she wants.

However, I'd love for the conflict with Mother to not be so simple Good vs Bad, it'll help Hitsugi's development, if they decide to keep going with it. I like Hitsugi much more than Matoi, to be completely honest, I want her to keep growing, she's been annoying but I understand where she's coming from, and the recent story update has really convinced me that she can be a good character in the futue. On top of that, she's had just as much development in Ep4 alone than Matoi did in the majority of Ep1-3. It's not the best character development, but I think it's agreed that Sega isn't very good with that in general...

Chris_Chocobo
Oct 9, 2016, 06:02 PM
Thanks for explaining me plot details guys. Story now looks interesting. When i quited the game looked like an high school shitty story :)

loafhero
Oct 9, 2016, 07:48 PM
I'm seeing more opposites between Mother and Xion. Mother is the controlling, helicopter parent while Xion is the humble, trusting parent.

Mother does care for her Apostles but its made evident that she's willing to use and dispose of them as is necessary for her objective. Its the opposite of Xion who originally made Matoi as a means of undoing her greatest mistake (the Darkers) but once she grew to care for her and got to know of Player, she put aside her objective and just wanted her two "children" to be alive and happy.

It looks like the story will be delving into the theme of revenge considering how far Mother is willing to go... which would feel forced at this point as most of EP4 has been focused on the theme of self-discovery and finding purpose.

On top of that, she's had just as much development in Ep4 alone than Matoi did in the majority of Ep1-3.

That's because Hitsugi takes all the leading role screen time. Its really more of quantity over quality when it comes to Hitsugi.

Zysets
Oct 9, 2016, 08:20 PM
It looks like the story will be delving into the theme of revenge considering how far Mother is willing to go... which would feel forced at this point as most of EP4 has been focused on the theme of self-discovery and finding purpose.

That's because Hitsugi takes all the leading role screen time. Its really more of quantity over quality when it comes to Hitsugi.

You have a point there, Ep1-3 had many different stories to tell that all lead to the final bit, I hadn't considered that.

And I think that ties into the the idea of Ep4 being about self-discovery. We don't know how many Episodes this story will be, but I can imagine Ep4 being about Hitsugi's self discovery, the next episode really developing Mother's want for Revenge, and ultimately having those two come together. Assuming this will also be a 3 Episode saga, but who knows. I doubt they'd finish it so soon though, it reminds me of Episode 1, I found it surprising that we were already up against "Dark Falz", assuming the Profound Darkness wasn't even going to be a thing. I'm sure this won't end here, even if we're already nearing the end of Episode 4.

IchijinKali
Oct 9, 2016, 08:36 PM
You have a point there, Ep1-3 had many different stories to tell that all lead to the final bit, I hadn't considered that.

And I think that ties into the the idea of Ep4 being about self-discovery. We don't know how many Episodes this story will be, but I can imagine Ep4 being about Hitsugi's self discovery, the next episode really developing Mother's want for Revenge, and ultimately having those two come together. Assuming this will also be a 3 Episode saga, but who knows. I doubt they'd finish it so soon though, it reminds me of Episode 1, I found it surprising that we were already up against "Dark Falz", assuming the Profound Darkness wasn't even going to be a thing. I'm sure this won't end here, even if we're already nearing the end of Episode 4.

At the rate we are killing her troops this is at most a 2 parter if she doesn't start playing some frickin defense. She is like a FE player who doesn't care who they lose as long as they beat the map. Hell it might go to 3 episodes just because the actual threat, Phaleg, starts becoming more active If that cutscene with her and Huey is any indication.

loafhero
Oct 9, 2016, 08:52 PM
My prediction is that Phaleg starts wrecking shit up in Vegas in a terrorist-like attempt to force Player into a rematch. Mother allows this as Phaleg is the only one that has a chance to beat Player, the biggest thorn in Mother's plans. Huey, being the heroic guy that he is, follows Player because he can't stand by and let Phaleg hurt others.

Chalun-k_x_light
Oct 9, 2016, 08:57 PM
Or she'll become a sole individual after Mother has been dealt with.Keep finding the strong beings to fight to her heart's content since she doesn't care about Mother enough that even Mother wasn't dare enough to add her in the latest operation.Instead of using two kids to distract Player-Chan's attention,using Phaleg might be more effective on that.

Zysets
Oct 9, 2016, 10:44 PM
What if Phaleg is this story's Luther character? As not the main antagonist of the overall story, but who's influence and defeat takes up an entire episode.

Chalun-k_x_light
Oct 9, 2016, 11:03 PM
What if Phaleg is this story's Luther character? As not the main antagonist of the overall story, but who's influence and defeat takes up an entire episode.

Maybe.She might not a main but she might be seen picking a fight with others in the whole story.

loafhero
Oct 10, 2016, 02:44 AM
Phaleg is obviously EP4's Gettemhart; the self-destructive side villain with almost no ambition and a slave to their desire (fighting) who has the potential to become something worse if left uncheck.

I have to wonder, though. We know that Phaleg is such a loose cannon that not even Mother would dare to order around but considering how much Phaleg wanted to challenge Player, shouldn't Mother have used that reasoning to convince Phaleg to stand by at the Moon Base instead of Och and Phul? She could have avoided sacrificing Och and Phul that way. The only reason I think Phaleg wasn't used as the distraction for Player is because Mother isn't truly confident that Phaleg could beat Player and that Mother plans to save Phaleg for later when things get too desperate.

Meteor Weapon
Oct 10, 2016, 03:08 AM
More like I think Phaleg don't like the idea of sitting on the moon or she was just told to standby on Earth or something. She is supposedly Mother's trump card if shit goes wrong.

And seriously we know so little about Phaleg we shouldn't make comparison with Phaleg and Gettemhart, she's probably the witch of the old ages considering she isn't even using Ether, Ether as we know might just be artificially created by Mother instead of naturally produced to replace the lack of Photon.

loafhero
Oct 10, 2016, 03:25 AM
I mean, some of us have already identified other similarities like "Kohri = Theo", "Aru = Matoi", "Enga = Zeno", "Hitsugi = Echo" and its not like Gettemhart was such a deeply layered character that comparing him with another character with similar fighting obsession would be hard.

Zysets
Oct 10, 2016, 10:39 AM
I was comparing to Luther, not on motivation or personality, but by the fact that I expect her to be a major antagonist (though not the main one), for an entire episode on her own. Luther was the one who we were up against for all but the very last scenes of Episode 2, which is what I imagine the situation may be with Phaleg. For all we know, comparing her to both Luther AND Gettemhart could be correct.

Zeroem
Oct 10, 2016, 11:31 AM
Honestly, comparing a new character to existing characters (even though both of them use the same cliches and archetype) is weird, since that is oversimplifying things. Even from what we know so far, the only thing Phaleg share with Gettemhart is the lust for battle.

As of.why Phaleg not the one who's running the distraction plan:
- Judging on what we know about Phaleg, she won't accept the mission. After all, you can't be seen fighting on the Moon. Which is not what Phaleg preferred.
- Without the time loop trap, the distraction mission would have a high chance of being failure.

Still, Phaleg do held some mysteries on her own. Let's just hope she will not be disposed on next story board update, like the Book&Ruler duo in the recent story board update.

IchijinKali
Oct 10, 2016, 05:03 PM
I just thought of something else. Mother Cluster is going to have a lovely time dealing with another consequence of their stupid half-baked plan Failure came up with, besides the loss of more members of their ever shrinking group. Bakatsugi has recovered Yandere even attacked her but was effortlessly pushed back. Yandere might start questioning things again and I doubt Doctor or Failure will be able to come up with something she will listen to.

In-house fight anyone?

Zysets
Oct 10, 2016, 07:15 PM
Honestly, comparing a new character to existing characters (even though both of them use the same cliches and archetype) is weird, since that is oversimplifying things. Even from what we know so far, the only thing Phaleg share with Gettemhart is the lust for battle.

I agree, I was just hypothesizing a possible next episode story based on what we've seen already. It's difficult to just say "This character is just this other character" because so far, even with quite a few similarities, the cast isn't all that similar. I think it just gives a good reference point for ideas and theories on where the story will go next.

loafhero
Oct 10, 2016, 08:08 PM
Och already foreshadowed how Kohri could become a danger to their group because of how crazy she is. Not to mention that Kohri's blind faith in Mother is based solely on her belief that Mother has never been wrong and can do anything.

Gestriden
Oct 11, 2016, 06:20 AM
So I'll upload these in a bit, it's left over mining from tuesday's update. It's more music however this should interest some people and support the "Subspace" idea.

The other new story update songs which as far as I know have not played yet in the current story ark have a VERY PSO Ep 1-3 feel towards them. They're no longer the technoish grungy style episode 4 introduced. They're a lot more orchestrated and potentially an idea of where things are heading towards. In fact there's a specific track that's VERY Pre-Ep4 music.

Edit: They could also just be from collabs so gg.

Edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZoCMZpCnYg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdtVcKMwzBA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VC4AGS_HoQ

Sonichi
Oct 11, 2016, 07:03 AM
So I'll upload these in a bit, it's left over mining from tuesday's update. It's more music however this should interest some people and support the "Subspace" idea.

The other new story update songs which as far as I know have not played yet in the current story ark have a VERY PSO Ep 1-3 feel towards them. They're no longer the technoish grungy style episode 4 introduced. They're a lot more orchestrated and potentially an idea of where things are heading towards. In fact there's a specific track that's VERY Pre-Ep4 music.

Edit: They could also just be from collabs so gg.

Edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZoCMZpCnYg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdtVcKMwzBA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VC4AGS_HoQ

These are all PSU tracks, found in CDs either now or upcoming.

Zysets
Oct 12, 2016, 10:43 PM
Yeah I remember all those tracks, I love PSU's OST. I mean I loved almost everything about PSU but that's besides the point. That game was kind of a mess, but it was a fun mess.

To go back to Episdoe 4 for a second though, I was thinking, if The Profound Darkness is the Xion clone that's the "Profound Darkness", could Mother be The Great Light?

In Phantasy Star IV, The Great Light and The Profound Darkness were both a single being that was split, and the Great Light is shown to not necessarily be "the good guy", just that it's goal is beneficial for the people of Algol. I originally thought Xion would be the Great Light for PSO2, but I feel like Mother would fit that role just as well, Mother is likely (if not already confirmed) to be a clone of Xion just like PD, and even if she cares for Earth, she's still our antagonist. Thoughts on this? I really only thought of this randomly earlier, and I figured it was worth mentioning.

Meteor Weapon
Oct 12, 2016, 11:32 PM
I thought Mother was based on Mother Brain, well I guess it's just name wise.

yoshiblue
Oct 12, 2016, 11:42 PM
Well with the Photon x Ether from Falz Cat Boy nonsense going on, they could easily go the Mother Trinity route. Which would involve Mother being corrupted by Falz mumbo jumbo and unleashing genocide on the planet. Believing it to be in the best interest of the planet.

From there once foes may turn ally to stop her, or die trying. If that becomes the case, Phaleg or Kohri could easily become the Reve of the story.

Zysets
Oct 13, 2016, 12:44 AM
No yeah, I supported the Mother Brain idea too, but it was just a thought. It could easily be both Mother Brain and Trinity, though I lean more towards Brain, because Earth is involved.

Edit- To clarify, I mean our Earth, not Coral. PSII had the Earthlings at the end and all.

IchijinKali
Oct 14, 2016, 05:33 AM
Guess what time it is?
Time sit on your ass and watch a nearly 40 min video involving the story again. YAY \[+]/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-YMmaxC8h4

*edit after watching video*
And on that note do Swords of the Gods really have the exact same design in every iteration of the story? Because seriously first thing that pops into Yandere's head is 'is that one of the three swords of the gods Ame no Murakumo?'. Looking online fuck no in fact it is quite a popular sword choice to give anime characters, considering I only got one result on the front page that wasn't related to frickin anime.

*edit after reading Kusanagi wiki, its 'new name'*
Pftahhahahahaa wow I can only assume this line is accurate. Because it is a Japanese weapon, it is sometimes misrepresented as a katana, even though the Kusanagi legend predates the katana design by a number of centuries. If archaeological evidence is to be taken into account, then Kusanagi would have been double-edged and much shorter than a katana.(Kusunagi in popular culture)

Meteor Weapon
Oct 14, 2016, 07:21 AM
Now I want some guy who cosplays Gilgamesh play throughout EP4 story mode using Ea camo and make an edit out of it.

loafhero
Oct 14, 2016, 07:57 AM
Glad that Kazanboshi completed translation of the 40min [103-C]. Translating that much is tiring:

[SPOILER-BOX]- I kinda liked that little moment of "Magic or Science" dialogue option.

- Its nice that Player retains bits of his/her time loop power. Its like a subtle way of showing that Xion, though gone, still continues to watch over Player.

- Phul, freaked out by Player's power, asking if there's something wrong with Player's head is actually quite funny as Kazanboshi's character has a Darker core attached to the head as an accessory.

- Also funny is how Och called Enga "30% Sexy Guy", which is a 30% drop from the "60% Sexy Guy" nickname from last chapter XD

- Och and Phul gloating over how they successfully served their purpose and fooled Player makes me more inclined to think that Player should have saved them but not just out of compassion but for the satisfaction of denying them of a "100%" successful plan. Plus, Player could have had the excuse that he/she was simply worried that Matoi would get mad if she knew that he/she let two kids die horribly in space but I think talking about how little Player ever thinks of Matoi throughout EP4 has been done to death.

- Aratron is actually kind of cool.

- That short fight scene of Matoi clashing with Aratron and Ophiel was actually done well by this game's standards. The motions were much faster, the execution of attacks feel very fast without feeling like they wasted any kind of movement and the use of blur effects was a nice touch.

- I think I should mention that Player still retains his/her "link" with Hitsugi back in Chapter 1 which is why Player could return to Oracle through Hitsugi.

- Kohri's complete lack of response towards Mother hurting Aru and attempting to put Hitsugi "back to sleep" continues to add more to why she's a massive moron. On top of that, her original reasoning that Hitsugi is brainwashed because of her weak will has now fallen apart as Hitsugi now shows willpower and RESOLVE that made her even stronger than Kohri. And yet, Kohri still thinks Hitsugi needs to be "taken back".

- It appears that other than RESOLVE, what also contributed to Hitsugi's power up may have been due to absorbing some of Player, Enga and Aru's power. I guess that's a more convincing reason since Player and Aru are quite powerful.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Chalun-k_x_light
Oct 14, 2016, 08:28 AM
Glad that Kazanboshi completed translation of the 40min [103-C]. Translating that much is tiring:

[SPOILER-BOX]- I kinda liked that little moment of "Magic or Science" dialogue option.

- Its nice that Player retains bits of his/her time loop power. Its like a subtle way of showing that Xion, though gone, still continues to watch over Player.

- Phul, freaked out by Player's power, asking if there's something wrong with Player's head is actually quite funny as Kazanboshi's character has a Darker core attached to the head as an accessory.

- Also funny is how Och called Enga "30% Sexy Guy", which is a 30% drop from the "60% Sexy Guy" nickname from last chapter XD

- Och and Phul gloating over how they successfully served their purpose and fooled Player makes me more inclined to think that Player should have saved them but not just out of compassion but for the satisfaction of denying them of a "100%" successful plan. Plus, Player could have had the excuse that he/she was simply worried that Matoi would get mad if she knew that he/she let two kids die horribly in space but I think talking about how little Player ever thinks of Matoi throughout EP4 has been done to death.

- Aratron is actually kind of cool.

- That short fight scene of Matoi clashing with Aratron and Ophiel was actually done well by this game's standards. The motions were much faster, the execution of attacks feel very fast without feeling like they wasted any kind of movement and the use of blur effects was a nice touch.

- I think I should mention that Player still retains his/her "link" with Hitsugi back in Chapter 1 which is why Player could return to Oracle through Hitsugi.

- Kohri's complete lack of response towards Mother hurting Aru and attempting to put Hitsugi "back to sleep" continues to add more to why she's a massive moron. On top of that, her original reasoning that Hitsugi is brainwashed because of her weak will has now fallen apart as Hitsugi now shows willpower and RESOLVE that made her even stronger than Kohri. And yet, Kohri still thinks Hitsugi needs to be "taken back".

- It appears that other than RESOLVE, what also contributed to Hitsugi's power up may have been due to absorbing some of Player, Enga and Aru's power. I guess that's a more convincing reason since Player and Aru are quite powerful.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Well,i guess because Player-Chan has been messing around with time travel ability for all this time that's why he/she figured out Phul's trap faster than they expected.
As for Phul&Och's last word,i'll just let them die right there enjoying their false satisfaction & tell them that they underestimated Arks too much.They're kids after all.
As for Kohri...well,i have nothing to say about it.She's too far beyond redemption now.

Meteor Weapon
Oct 14, 2016, 09:12 AM
The whole Och using x0% to everything was really annoying, if they really wanted to make her genius she'd say XX.XXXXXXX% or x/XXXX or pie or whatever. Using just x0% sounds moronic imo.

Good riddance she's gone....or is she?

loafhero
Oct 14, 2016, 09:21 AM
I just realized that like with the fight against Bethor's Train Ghidoran, the fight with Ophiel and Aratron's Phantoms also didn't have a cutscene played afterwards which ends the fight on an awkward note.

I can't help but feel mixed about Player being often praised and feared for his/her power. Its nice to be acknowledged as strong but I'm starting to feel like its gotten out of hand and isn't being well-executed. Its like the Story has dropped itself into the Shonen dilemma of its MC having become too strong and the lack of new compelling motivation to continue justifying the MC's role.

Chalun-k_x_light
Oct 14, 2016, 09:45 AM
Well,at least they have some cut-in display at the end.
Ophiel&Aratron mentioned that they should have bought enough time after the the fight.I guess that they just escaped after the fight.

As for Player-Chan,he/she already strong from Ep.1 most cut-scene made he/she seem so-so after every fight.As far as i recall,only Persona-Chan can make him/her struggle much(from the fight that they argued about killed or saved Matoi).

Poyonche
Oct 14, 2016, 12:09 PM
I didn't notice it when patch was released but they added a "enemy/en_dpp2.ice" (remember : dp is usually used for dark falzes internal names).

dpp2 is more complete than dpp1 so I wonder what they are going to do with this.

Xaeris
Oct 14, 2016, 01:05 PM
For a while there, I thought Mother was going to be a sympathetic villain. She's got a reasonable motive, seems to genuinely care about her mooks and even showed remorse for allowing Ophiel to enable Kohri's yandere shit. But with this latest translation, she's gone 100% wicked witch of the west. Photoners are all already dead and there's no one to take revenge on? kk, she'll just wipe out their legacy and kill everyone associated. Girl who has just had a near death experience at the hands of her best friend shows up and starts smiling deliriously? She'll stab her because she's creepy. Child she's about to kill stands his ground and looks her dead in the eye? She'll taunt him and tell him to cry. Jesus. I'll enjoy smacking around her big boss form at the end of the year.

Zeroem
Oct 14, 2016, 08:36 PM
I can't help but feel mixed about Player being often praised and feared for his/her power. Its nice to be acknowledged as strong but I'm starting to feel like its gotten out of hand and isn't being well-executed. Its like the Story has dropped itself into the Shonen dilemma of its MC having become too strong and the lack of new compelling motivation to continue justifying the MC's role.

Well, it is one problem that constantly plague a story when the MC is powerful. More than often when people see a broken MC, they tend to just supporting the sidekick or the less-evil villain. Why would you support a Gary/Mary Sue MC that would always win every battle s/he faces? No tension, no risks to MC, no character development. In simpler term, MC become the most boring character in their own story.

Thankfully, the villain in EP4 are mostly a dick, and the sidekick are somewhat moron.

For a while there, I thought Mother was going to be a sympathetic villain. She's got a reasonable motive, seems to genuinely care about her mooks and even showed remorse for allowing Ophiel to enable Kohri's yandere shit. But with this latest translation, she's gone 100% wicked witch of the west. Photoners are all already dead and there's no one to take revenge on? kk, she'll just wipe out their legacy and kill everyone associated. Girl whose just had a near death experience at the hands of her best friend shows up and starts smiling deleriously? She'll stab her because she's creepy. Child she's about to kill stands his ground and looks her dead in the eye? She'll taunt him and tell him to cry. Jesus. I'll enjoy smacking around her big boss form at the end of the year.

It's easier to just think that Mother is a dick to everyone but her 'children'. When you put it that way, all of her actions and words would make complete sense.

Meteor Weapon
Oct 14, 2016, 09:43 PM
Mother would really be surprised how the Profound Darkness was the MC themselves lol. What Mother probably didn't realise was that the energy she consumed from Aru was a purified Dark Falz Energy, and since Aru is pure in personality he is the Light falz not consumed by negativity. Having that absorbed, and with the negative emotion Mother hold so deep, "deep-seated revenge" she'll most likely mutate into a Dark Falz [Mother], aka Mother Brain/Cluster whatever name Sega would bring later on. Tbh, I hope Persona has a part in EP4, but most likely not.

loafhero
Oct 14, 2016, 10:49 PM
Persona is no more. There is only DIO... Hunar.

Well, it is one problem that constantly plague a story when the MC is powerful. More than often when people see a broken MC, they tend to just supporting the sidekick or the less-evil villain. Why would you support a Gary/Mary Sue MC that would always win every battle s/he faces? No tension, no risks to MC, no character development. In simpler term, MC become the most boring character in their own story.

Its like what happened to Fist of the North Star (Hokuto no Ken). By Part II (its sequel), the MC had become too strong and his personal story that served as his motivation in the first (saving his fiancee) had come to a conclusion. As a result, the focus had to be shifted to the sidekicks (now older and stronger) while the MC is relegated to an observer role while occasionally providing help because there's nothing about the MC to be invested about any more.

Zysets
Oct 15, 2016, 12:11 AM
Hitsugi can be a pain, but I am glad they brought in a new character with no knowledge or ability to take the lead role. This story would have been really boring without it. It actually kind of reminds me of the PSP PSU titles, the player character saves the day, but the sidekick character is the real focus of the story. Since you could transfer your characters from PSU to each PSP game (at least in the JP version), they would have had the same problem of an existing OP character. However, I think it was handled a bit better in the PSP games than here in PSO2.

Regardless, now that Ep4 is at it's current point, I'm really enjoying it. I hope we DO learn more about the Photoners with all of this. And speaking of Photoners, why don't we pull Luther out of PD so Mother can beat the crud out of him to vent. I don't completely blame her for being so pissed.

loafhero
Oct 15, 2016, 02:54 AM
I just noticed now that Mother's walk animation is a sexy walking style. What a bitch.

Xaeris
Oct 15, 2016, 03:00 AM
I actually meant to say something about that, but forgot. Sieging an Arks ship, but sauntering around like it's a fashion runway. What a floozie.

Poyonche
Oct 15, 2016, 06:17 AM
Mother would really be surprised how the Profound Darkness was the MC themselves lol. What Mother probably didn't realise was that the energy she consumed from Aru was a purified Dark Falz Energy, and since Aru is pure in personality he is the Light falz not consumed by negativity. Having that absorbed, and with the negative emotion Mother hold so deep, "deep-seated revenge" she'll most likely mutate into a Dark Falz [Mother], aka Mother Brain/Cluster whatever name Sega would bring later on. Tbh, I hope Persona has a part in EP4, but most likely not.

I re-watched the cutscene yesterday (with Kazan's subs), is it me or her voice sounded a bit more Dark Falz-ish after absorbing Aru ?