PDA

View Full Version : Episode 4 Story Discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13

Zysets
Nov 18, 2016, 08:00 PM
I don't know, I personally like my partner not to be dying, but I guess everyone has their kinks.

loafhero
Nov 18, 2016, 08:29 PM
I don't know, I personally like my partner not to be dying, but I guess everyone has their kinks.

PSO2's cosmetic options are all about catering to its players kinks :razz:

Xaeris
Nov 18, 2016, 11:31 PM
Going by the trailers today, Mother was first found by Aratron. Possibly on the Moon, looking at what he's wearing.

I'm just saying.
[spoiler-box]
http://i.imgur.com/TAx5SnS.png
[/spoiler-box]

loafhero
Nov 18, 2016, 11:36 PM
Going by the trailers today, Mother was first found by Aratron. Possibly on the Moon, looking at what he's wearing.

I'm just saying.
[spoiler-box]
http://i.imgur.com/TAx5SnS.png
[/spoiler-box]

Cannot. Unsee.

- proceeds to listen to the MMPR theme song again -

... So, that makes Xiao Zordon and Xierra is Alpha.

Zysets
Nov 19, 2016, 01:17 AM
Xierra is Alpha.

Accurate

sasagi.jp
Nov 19, 2016, 07:25 AM
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/rOKetfC.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Poyonche
Nov 19, 2016, 08:13 AM
If there is a link between Aratron and Mother, I now might understand why there is a "_uniq" variant of Aratron's enemy file.

Meteor Weapon
Nov 19, 2016, 08:38 AM
At the end of episode im guessing something like this happens

Mother is defeated and repents.

Profound Darkness essence started to take control of Mother.

MC and Matoi tries to separate Mother from PD essence

They succeeded but now Mother's monstrous body is separated and will repeat the events.

With Mother now losing her authority on controlling both ether and Phantoms with PD now taking influence over them Earth universe, Mother now feels responsible to works together with Xiao on how to stop PD in another 2 years again...lol

loafhero
Nov 19, 2016, 09:42 AM
I'd prefer that she just die and fades away from existence. She's not that good of a villain nor even memorable.

Meteor Weapon
Nov 19, 2016, 11:44 AM
I guess it's because of her crappy motives and execution. Then again, makes me wonder why no one bothered to quarantine Aru the moment he went Falz-like appearance. Casra would have certainly done something about it.

Zysets
Nov 19, 2016, 12:01 PM
I mean Eucreta was technically a Falz (even if she wasn't actually a Falz), and it seems like they just let her run around as she pleases with Afin and Aurora.

Meteor Weapon
Nov 19, 2016, 01:14 PM
Because we've confirmed that Eucreta is no longer a Falz, Aru on the other hand, no one in ARKS ever confirmed what the hell he is and someone obviously wants him and there's no major precautions other than having to rely on MC all the time.

I'm disappointing about why there is no explanation of Aru's transformation and no say about it, it's like....he just transformed into a falz like being and no one in ARKS bats an eye other than Mother Clusters themselves who wants him. Waiting for an explanation when they just missed their chance to do so is gonna take forever.

I guess prevention of getting invaded and get their ship hijacked by another intelligent species from another planet isn't within ARKS expertise, because they were fighting hords of near brainless Darker all the time to even think about it.

Altiea
Nov 19, 2016, 08:08 PM
I hope an EP4 Materials Collection that they will make and I will ultimately buy will answer a few questions.

Chris_Chocobo
Nov 19, 2016, 09:23 PM
I just only want Death Place PSO2 Ver. Remixes from old classics are one of the things i like most about those Raid Boss battles :)

loafhero
Nov 19, 2016, 09:32 PM
I hope an EP4 Materials Collection that they will make and I will ultimately buy will answer a few questions.

I'd rather they just answer the important question in the goddamn story.

Poyonche
Nov 20, 2016, 06:03 AM
I think they just did the bad decision with the "1 chapter per month", because of that they had to rush important things such as Mother character developpment and the Dark Falz Aru thingy.

But if it allows us to get a one hour story quest for 4-7 then no prob. :wacko:

loafhero
Nov 20, 2016, 08:50 AM
I think they just did the bad decision with the "1 chapter per month", because of that they had to rush important things such as Mother character developpment and the Dark Falz Aru thingy.

The problem is that 1 Story chapter is roughly 30 minutes in content. There's really not much to squeeze into 30 minutes so certain characters get the short end of the stick.

Meteor Weapon
Nov 20, 2016, 09:12 AM
The thing about EP4 Story Quest is that....it's just cut scenes over and over and only like...1-2% gameplay.

While Ep1-3 had that Matter Board thing, doing a Story Quest was really satisfying because we of the effort we to get through to the end of the chapter and EP2 did that very well at the Luther's chapter. Theodore and Falz Angel was also the first story boss of the game that was a serious threat. I remember how Theodore could wipe the floor with you if you aren't careful enough lol.

EP4's story quest lacks the satisfaction upon completing it, I can't remember how many times I felt "Wait, what that's it?"everytime a chapter ends. Because every chapter always feels too short with us doing almost nothing but watching cutscenes. I wished the Moon Base Story Quest wasn't so lazy and let us explore...but nope just timeloop bullshit and super straight foward map.

I'm gonna bet that Mother's Mothership interior story quest is just 99% cutscenese again.

Chalun-k_x_light
Nov 20, 2016, 11:05 AM
Well,maybe because Player-Chan's role in Ep.4 is nothing but a bystander.Especially the cutscenes set that make us watching Hitsugi's daily life.
Anyway,at least after this week's maintenance I can make myself busy with beating Kohri to my heart's content for awhile. LoL

loafhero
Nov 20, 2016, 07:47 PM
What Chalunk said.

Having more cutscenes over gameplay would not have been so bad if the focus wasn't on another character aside from Player. The most important thing in a story is getting your viewers to feel invested in the events. Having our own character become a bystander in another character's story is a surefire way of boring your viewers.

Alternatively, they could have taken a more riskier route of having our character not involved in the Story at all but that would mean having to make Hitsugi actually interesting or let us control Hitsugi's dialogues Telltale Games style:

"Kohri will remember that"

Meteor Weapon
Nov 20, 2016, 10:58 PM
Or having an alternate character of ours that was not part of the main story doing a side story. I only have my first character doing the main story and leave the others uninvolved.

Zysets
Nov 21, 2016, 01:52 AM
Or having an alternate character of ours that was not part of the main story doing a side story. I only have my first character doing the main story and leave the others uninvolved.

Support Partner? That would be interesting, but I doubt Sega (or anyone) could do it well and keep it interesting.

loafhero
Nov 21, 2016, 03:16 AM
Meteor Weapon was referring to other characters we have in our character select screen. I guess what he had in mind is something similar to Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2's story where two characters we've created (one in the first and the other in the second game) exist as main characters in the main story, with the first character being like a mentor/character to aspire to for our 2nd character.

Also, it would be nice if our Support Partner gets another Story-relevant cutscene again like in MB 2-4 where Xiao possessed one of our SP's to help save Ulc. Maybe Xiao could do that again when fighting against Mother's first form.

Zeroem
Nov 24, 2016, 05:06 AM
Welp, I'm going to drop this bit real quick (still working on the rest, would update ASAP).
As usual, fast and amateur translation. Read it with a grain of salt.

Node 121-C
- Mother is indeed a copy of the Shion. The very first copy made by Photoners, in fact.
- Reports on the Mother Cluster's invasion on ARKS ship:
--> Ship control was temporarily robbed, but already back to normal.
--> The ARKS ship that was sent back to Oracle are already back on Earth sphere.
--> Only small injuries on ARKS side, since majority of ARKS was evacuated due to the limiter.
--> Basically, the only thing Mother Cluster managed to do to ARKS are minor injuries to those ARKS that went Leeroy on Aratron + Ophiel; and obtaining Aru
- Aether and Photon are similar in origin, so no wonder those 2 are similar.
- The humanoid dark shadow that popped up in EP4 Chapter 1 is............Dark Falz (to be precise, a 'seed' of Dark Falz),
- That 'seed' of Dark Falz was formed when we, the player, are back in the big picture.
- Why that 'seed' appeared in front of us and Hitsugi? The 'seed' wanted to create a new Dark Falz. Even so, Xiela stated that Aru is not a Dark Falz.
- What happened behind Aru's creation is a miraculous balance between the Aether from Hitsugi's avatar that are left behind (when she logged out), player's photon, and Dark Falz's negative photons.
- Why those 3 different elements are balanced out? Because our Photon kept the Dark Falz's photon in check. Whenever the Dark Falz's photons are rising in number, our photons would 'consume' the Dark Falz's photons. In short, our photons and Dark Falz's photons are stuck in endless cycle of "battle" (nice subtle callback to how Endu was created. Then again, Aru's existence are a callback of Endu).

Vatallus
Nov 24, 2016, 05:14 AM
They finally remembered we had the power to purify.

Meteor Weapon
Nov 24, 2016, 05:46 AM
All in all, Kohri was like that because Ophiel is a colossal dick. Who would've thought that Ophiel gave her some brainwashing meth lol

oratank
Nov 24, 2016, 05:50 AM
lol that's explain every dumb thing she has done

Chalun-k_x_light
Nov 24, 2016, 06:12 AM
Well,to be honest.I already figured that out from the moment that Dr.Ophiel talked to her when they attack Las Vegas while Player-Chan was meeting with Mr.Adem.

Meteor Weapon
Nov 24, 2016, 06:20 AM
Didn't stop you from wanting to beat her to a pulp do you lol, well actually we all do until we all found out Ophiel being a Colossal Profound Dick for that lol.

Chalun-k_x_light
Nov 24, 2016, 06:25 AM
Well,not at all.Since she let herself to become like that from the beginning.lol

Zeroem
Nov 24, 2016, 06:48 AM
Wow, today's story update was bigger than I expected. This is gonna take a while.

Node 123-125 C
[SPOILER-BOX]- The new enemies has the composition of Phantoms, and the parameters of Darker. In summary, hybrid.
- The new enemies are dubbed as 'Esca-Darker'
- Actually, Darker did appeared on Earth back then. But it was exterminated in secret by the Earth Guide (with the help of ARKS. I presume it's Aika).
- Lol. Kohri blamed us for Hitsugi being 'crazy'. Talk about supreme-grade irony.
- Double lol. Enga asked why Kohri's behavior is weird, Hitsugi answered that Kohri's behavior is indeed weird. Enga remarked that Hitsugi should pick her friend better.
- After something break inside Kohri's mind, Kohri was about to recover when Ophiel came by surprise and basically stop her from thinking and a brain wash.
- Ophiel already checked Hitsugi's body thoroughly and give a compliment about Hitsugi's........'fine detail'.
- Ophiel is the Apostle of Water.
- Fuck, talking about what Ophiel did reminded me on a certain character on Triage X. Fuuuuuuuuuuuu-
[/SPOILER-BOX]
Node 126-C
[SPOILER-BOX]- Mother did have control over the Aether-Photon, but not full control. The reason is because our photons and Hitsugi's connection with Aru are in the way.
- To assume full control over Aether-Photon, Mother's order is to kill both us and Hitsugi, Kohri protested, and Ophiel said that Hitsugi's "brainwash" are too deep, and cannot be operated even by him. Such lies.
- Aratron questioned many weird things happened lately, such as Kohri's situation and Mother's order to kill Earthlings. Ophiel said that sacrifices are inevitable.
- Aratron then asked why Ophiel killed Belthor. Ophiel answered that is Mother's order. Aratron asked back why Hagito is left alone (military otaku is still around apparently).
- Ophiel answered by asking how was the state of Earth. Ophiel said that humanity's progress is stalled; both in technology, genetic, and mental. Even borderline degenerative. His motive is pretty much to reorganize the humanity, and sacrifices are necessary. With that, he walked off. Aratron's last remark are "Earth's future.....or omission should be said by a thinker, not by a doctor".[/SPOILER-BOX]

Chalun-k_x_light
Nov 24, 2016, 06:55 AM
Well,i guess that Hagito's still prove to be some useful to Ophiel.
Speaking of which,Ophiel also seems to be in a very bad terms with Phaleg.
As she stated that she dislike almost everything about him.(From my rough translation)
She even try to kill him without Mother's Order.

mickbis
Nov 24, 2016, 07:16 AM
Phaleg at the end is a nice surprise.. and seem like she isn't in Mother inner circle either
so we can hope that she will be possible ally in the future

Chalun-k_x_light
Nov 24, 2016, 07:20 AM
Well,she's in because she just hope that Mother can find strong enemy for her.

Poyonche
Nov 24, 2016, 07:24 AM
So I looked at the next story icons quickly, and I had to left home quick, so here is what I can tell you for the moment (will upload when back home):
-Aratron's combat form is badass
-Erdem is actually a dick

Chalun-k_x_light
Nov 24, 2016, 07:33 AM
So I looked at the next story icons quickly, and I had to left home quick, so here is what I can tell you for the moment (will upload when back home):
-Aratron's combat form is badass

Well,not surprised about Erdem at all.

Zeroem
Nov 24, 2016, 08:20 AM
Whew, only a few more.....I hope.
You know the drill. Fast, amateur translation, read it with grain of salt.

Node 127-128 B

- Xiela commented that Esca-Darker is dangerous because it is more powerful thanks to the aether-photon fusion, and how it can pop anywhere.
- Casra questioned Xiela about the invasion, and suspected Hitsugi and Enga for being traitors. We vouched for them both.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Node 127 C
[SPOILER-BOX]- How Hitsugi and Kohri met: They met via Mother Cluster back in high school. During the time both of them entered student council, Kohri was bullied by her classmates. Kohri smiled through the whole thing. The original subject of bullying was Hitsugi, but since Kohri stop bullying Hitsugi, she became the new target of bullying. One day, Hitsugi finally noticed the meaning behind Kohri's smile.

She was asking for help.

Hitsugi then had a fight with the bully group, teacher came, and the matter was exploded. Bullying died down, and Kohri stuck to Hitsugi like a puppy.
- Hitsugi realized the way Kohri laughed when fighting her earlier is the same. Kohri is asking Hitsugi to help her.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Node 127 D (I dubbed this......Xiela's Breast Envy)[SPOILER-BOX]
- Xiela wondered why her chest size is not as big as Ulc. We walked away, but Xiela tried to stop us.
- Xiela explained that Xiela is not a name, but the type of High-CAST. They specialize in management control and almost zero battle ability. They was produced 2 years ago, and used Ulc as character reference.
- However, Xiela wanted that Ulc's body size also be used as reference, not just her personality. She understand the reason for her current chest size (bigger production cost and getting in the way for desk-work), but she still felt her dignity being trampled as a woman. She lamented that every-time she contact Ulc, she got mental damage. And every Xiela type in other ship agreed with our Xiela.
- Xiela sent a petition to Xiao about this, and immediately scolded. She still fighting for it, and asked for our help. [/SPOILER-BOX]

Node 127-E[SPOILER-BOX]
- Patty and Tea (well, mostly Patty) asked Xiela to gave them dedicated title.
- The reason why Guardian was made: Xiela said that there was this idea to make the new Six Heroes, but they realized that Six Heroes is not something that's decided by individual opinion; and both us and Matoi cannot be elected in this way (I guess regarding the nature of our adventures and feats from EP1 to 3). Also, it would be a waste if both us and Matoi are tied to organization. Hence, the Guardians division.
- Xiela said that she think the way for both of Patty and Tea to get their own title is to achieve great accomplishment. Patty then resolved to find a story that would shook ARKS. Her aim? to find out how to erase [Profound Darkness] before Shao did.
[/SPOILER-BOX]
Also, before I head deep into translating again.....

-[SPOILER]Aratron's combat form is badass

Honestly, just from translating today's story node, I can already see signs of point number 2 being true.

NephyrisX
Nov 24, 2016, 08:24 AM
Ophiel still remains the most face-punchable dick lol.

Anyway, I am really hoping Phaleg eventually become a vitriolic ally to us. She's awesome as always.

oratank
Nov 24, 2016, 08:44 AM
"Xiela sent a petition to Xiao about this, and immediately scolded"
-Xiao would fell like i am a fucking copy of Xion and i am a boy do you know how i feel?

"Ophiel still remains the most face-punchable dick lol."
he was dio after all dio don't care what method he have to use

loafhero
Nov 24, 2016, 08:49 AM
Patty and Tea appearing and talking with Xierra was a nice surprise. Good to see Xierra talk with other characters for a change.

Oh, Kohri was saved because she was merely brainwashed... yaaaaay.

Kohri as a boss wasn't anything worth getting excited about besides the obvious thrill of being able to beat the shit out of her (TWICE! :D :D Thank you, SEGA!). I found it funny that Kohri's attacks were so slow and had really obvious telegraphs. Really saw no point in making Kohri's unique Sonic Arrow have a slight curve to it although I do love the idea of a possible crafted Sonic Arrow that homes in on multiple targets.

I love how Player grabbed Hitsugi's katana as she was about to swing it like a badass! Finally, a bit of action by Player instead of constantly acting as a silent observer all the time.

Anyway, following Zeroem's rough translation of what Aru is, what I understood is that Aru is more or less an aborted baby and is like a horrible love child of Player and Hitsugi. Look at it this way; a Dark Falz's "seed" tried to impregnate Player but knocked up Hitsugi instead so Player aborted the "seed" out of her but some of Player's own "seed" got caught in the mix due to Player being one horny bastard, creating the abomination that is Aru.

Chalun-k_x_light
Nov 24, 2016, 09:22 AM
"Xiela sent a petition to Xiao about this, and immediately scolded"
-Xiao would fell like i am a fucking copy of Xion and i am a boy do you know how i feel?

"Ophiel still remains the most face-punchable dick lol."
he was dio after all dio don't care what method he have to use

Shame that he didn't ZA WARUDO on Phaleg. LoL

mickbis
Nov 24, 2016, 10:02 AM
Xierra one will be even more funny if player character is a 139 flat loli

Zeroem
Nov 24, 2016, 10:10 AM
Whew, finally finished all that I can translate.
First of all, fuck you SEGA. Throw us into a big cliffhanger just when it was.......well, silly. Still, the worst kind of cliffhanger IMO
Second, you know the drill.

Episode 4 Chapter 6
[My Best Friend]
[SPOILER-BOX]- Kohri wandered around, and reached her school. She thought it was normal, since she's a high school student. She called Hitsugi in her back, but only Esca-Darkers behind her.
- Kohri's mind are jumbled between protecting her school, and destroying it. She unconsciously broke Ophiel's 'surgery'. She went frantic when one of the Esca-Darker move forward and slashed it. She decided to protect her school.
- When Kohri was cornered, Our group (Enga, us, Hitsugi) came to the rescue.
- After the Esca-Darker exterminated, Kohri apologized to Hitsugi for trying to destroy the school. Hitsugi said you defended it anyway.
- Suddenly, Ophiel (who's in the roof) 'operate' Kohri's brain again. Kohri begged for him to stop, but alas she's back to being crazy. 'If I did not kill Hitsugi and player, Mother would be not pleased. So,die Hitsugi! When Hitsugi died, you will come back to me!'
........Yeah.
- After the battle with Kohri, both Hitsugi and Kohri refused to stand down. Xiela noted that Kohri's vital is abnormal. Her body is overloaded from using too much power, even standing should be painful for her.
- Enga noticed Hitsugi's reluctance and offered to finish Kohri. Hitsugi denied her brother's offer and wanted to be the one to finish her. While gathering her will to do it, she remembered what Kohri said the first time they become friends.

Do not worry, Hitsugi.
I don't want to see suffering in your face.

I was always lonely.
You are my first friend. My first important person.

....Always, anytime.
Together forever, Hitsugi-chan
- We stopped Hitsugi's blade, asked her to not give up. Hitsugi said she don't want to give up, but to see Kohri suffering......Xiela added that if Hitsugi give up, there's nothing Xiela can do. Hitsugi's power came from her wish, so if she gave up, her power would be useless. Hitsugi finally give up on killing Kohri, saying that the aftertaste would be bad.
- With Enga's last remark (You were saying you wanted to save Aru as well, right? Then go save both of them! Make your dreams come true with your own hands!), she gathered her will to gave her the power to make her wish come true. She felt a warm light, and saw us lending her our photons. With that, she slashed Kohri. Kohri's Aether form shattered.
- After came to her senses, Kohri apologized to Hitsugi, and Hitsugi apologized as well to Kohri for being a bad friend. Hitsugi asked Kohri if she want to start over from the beginning again, when they first met. Kohri cried in Hitsugi's arms. Meanwhile....
- Back on the roof, Ophiel was taken back as his 'surgery' on Kohri was ended forcefully with a slash. And not leaving a mark on Kohri as well. Ophiel then noted Hitsugi's sword, [天叢雲], and wondered if Hitsugi channeled the purification power of Ame-no-Murakumo. He wondered if Aether fulfilled Hitsugi's wish.
- Suddenly, Phaleg showed up and attacked Ophiel. Ophiel asked what she's going to do, and Phaleg answered that it's obvious she wanted to kill him.
- Ophiel asked why she wanted to do that, and Phaleg answered because she hated his smell. The smell of arrogance.
- Ophiel ran away, and Phaleg simply say she could kill him later. Before leaving, she looked at Hitsugi and commended her growth.
- .......20 minutes later since Ophiel's surgery was cut, Kohri still cried in Hitsugi's arms. Well, more like pretended to cry and using that to prolong the body contact with Hitsugi. Enga sighed and preparing to go somewhere when Xiela contacted all of them in a hurry. Xiela asked all of them to look at the moon. The moon was like this.
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/smurfs/images/8/83/Blue_Moon_Movie.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20111203033942[/SPOILER-BOX]

Overall, cliffhanger aside, the story update was okay.
- Kohri being saved is a surprise to no one
- While the sight of Phaleg want to shove her hand into Ophiel's arse was a good sight, can't help but feel that it was done to 'kill' Ophiel from the main stage. Not to add his power was quite powerful as well, as long as you didn't trigger or ask the 'patient' to do something that would break the 'surgery'.
- Xiela's "breast envy" was fun to watch. Wait, don't tell me Ulc's breast size grew bigger during timeskip?
- Now that I think of it, the blue moon scene looked like a combination between [Elder]'s departure from Naberius and [Profound Darkness]'s descent to Naberius.
- Poyonche already talked about it earlier, but one scene from today's story update did made me question Ardem's nature.

mickbis
Nov 24, 2016, 10:17 AM
I just can't see Phaleg as a villain or enemy now with the above summary
We see her trash a phantom
We see her almost successfully kick Ophiel to death unlike how she isn't even go all out against us and Huey eventhough we are suppose to be enemy

if that foreshadow is right and someone isn't what he seem to be....
her action in Las Vegas will be justify as well

loafhero
Nov 24, 2016, 10:21 AM
Lol, again with Kohri logic:

"I'm perfectly okay with stabbing my best friend, Mother letting two of our members kill themselves, attacking a pig-tail girl I don't know and letting Aru get stabbed but I draw the line at destroying my currently empty school where no one will actually get hurt!" XD XD

Dileth
Nov 24, 2016, 10:28 AM
Kohri gets saved..... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUU

On the plus side, the Esca-Darkers look bad-ass.

mickbis
Nov 24, 2016, 10:29 AM
Lol, again with Kohri logic:

"I'm perfectly okay with stabbing my best friend, Mother letting two of our members kill themselves, attacking a pig-tail girl I don't know and letting Aru get stabbed but I draw the line at destroying my currently empty school where no one will actually get hurt!" XD XD

maybe the brainwash effect start to fade away after got beat by us... our photon can help purify after all or we just hit her too hard she start to come back to her sense

loafhero
Nov 24, 2016, 10:33 AM
I also find it funny that Phaleg wanted to kill Ophiel because he smelled of arrogance when Phaleg probably reeks of arrogance herself.

maybe the brainwash effect start to fade away after got beat by us... our photon can help purify after all or we just hit her too hard she start to come back to her sense

That's true but still, THAT'S her boiling point? It could have at least been something with more serious implications.

Chalun-k_x_light
Nov 24, 2016, 10:36 AM
Whew, finally finished all that I can translate.
First of all, fuck you SEGA. Throw us into a big cliffhanger just when it was.......well, silly. Still, the worst kind of cliffhanger IMO
Second, you know the drill.

Episode 4 Chapter 6
[My Best Friend]
[SPOILER-BOX]- Kohri wandered around, and reached her school. She thought it was normal, since she's a high school student. She called Hitsugi in her back, but only Esca-Darkers behind her.
- Kohri's mind are jumbled between protecting her school, and destroying it. She unconsciously broke Ophiel's 'surgery'. She went frantic when one of the Esca-Darker move forward and slashed it. She decided to protect her school.
- When Kohri was cornered, Our group (Enga, us, Hitsugi) came to the rescue.
- After the Esca-Darker exterminated, Kohri apologized to Hitsugi for trying to destroy the school. Hitsugi said you defended it anyway.
- Suddenly, Ophiel (who's in the roof) 'operate' Kohri's brain again. Kohri begged for him to stop, but alas she's back to being crazy. 'If I did not kill Hitsugi and player, Mother would be not pleased. So,die Hitsugi! When Hitsugi died, you will come back to me!'
........Yeah.
- After the battle with Kohri, both Hitsugi and Kohri refused to stand down. Xiela noted that Kohri's vital is abnormal. Her body is overloaded from using too much power, even standing should be painful for her.
- Enga noticed Hitsugi's reluctance and offered to finish Kohri. Hitsugi denied her brother's offer and wanted to be the one to finish her. While gathering her will to do it, she remembered what Kohri said the first time they become friends.

Do not worry, Hitsugi.
I don't want to see suffering in your face.

I was always lonely.
You are my first friend. My first important person.

....Always, anytime.
Together forever, Hitsugi-chan
- We stopped Hitsugi's blade, asked her to not give up. Hitsugi said she don't want to give up, but to see Kohri suffering......Xiela added that if Hitsugi give up, there's nothing Xiela can do. Hitsugi's power came from her wish, so if she game up, her power would be useless. Hitsugi finally gave up on killing Kohri, saying that the aftertaste would be bad.
- With Enga's last remark (You were saying you wanted to save Aru as well, right? Then go save both of them! Make your dreams come true with your own hands!), she gathered her will to gave her the power to make her wish come true. She felt a warm light, and saw us lending her our photons. With that, she slashed Kohri. Kohri's Aether form shattered.
- After came to her senses, Kohri apologized to Hitsugi, and Hitsugi apologized as well to Kohri for being a bad friend. Hitsugi asked Kohri if she want to start over from the beginning again, when they first met. Kohri cried in Hitsugi's arms. Meanwhile....
- Back on the roof, Ophiel was taken back as his 'surgery' on Kohri was ended forcefully with a slash. And not leaving a mark on Kohri as well. Ophiel then noted Hitsugi's sword, [天叢雲], and wondered if Hitsugi channeled the purification power of Ame-no-Murakumo. He wondered if Aether fulfilled Hitsugi's wish.
- Suddenly, Phaleg showed up and attacked Ophiel. Ophiel asked what she's going to do, and Phaleg answered that it's obvious she wanted to kill him.
- Ophiel asked why she wanted to do that, and Phaleg answered because she hated his smell. The smell of arrogance.
- Ophiel ran away, and Phaleg simply say she could kill him later. Before leaving, she looked at Hitsugi and commended her growth.
- .......20 minutes later since Ophiel's surgery was cut, Kohri still cried in Hitsugi's arms. Well, more like pretended to cry and using that to prolong the body contact with Hitsugi. Enga sighed and preparing to go somewhere when Xiela contacted all of them in a hurry. Xiela asked all of them to look at the moon. The moon was like this.
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/smurfs/images/8/83/Blue_Moon_Movie.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20111203033942[/SPOILER-BOX]

Well,I should add this too.
Since when Player-Chan stopped Hitsugi from killing Kohri.
Dialogue choice appeared(again)
Since you've translated the 2nd,so I'll translate the first choice.
[SPOILER-BOX]
-At the 1st choice.Player-Chan'll ask Hitsugi if she's really going to kill Kohri.She'll answer that of course she want to help her but she doesn't want to see Kohri suffers like this.
-Just when she try to kill her,Player-Chan've come to stop her again.Hitsugi then ask Player-Chan "Are you still not giving up in me?"
-Before Player-Chan can answer her,Xiera cut-in and says that the one who stands before Hitsugi(Meaning Player-Chan of course) is the one who'll never give up no matter what kind of situation he/she is in.
-Player-Chan will give her a nod.(Well,as expected from Player-Chan)And then Enga'll say his line that already translated above.
[/SPOILER-BOX]
Please note that this is a rough translation from my tiny little japanese skills.So don't expect it to be 100% accurate. :V

Zysets
Nov 24, 2016, 10:37 AM
I'm surprised Phaleg seems to be, if not on our side, neutral to the whole situation, I like that.

Waiting to see what's up with Ardem, but I totally called him being an asshole when he was introduced, he gives Luther vibes. I expected this story to be longer, and thought he would be a new villain as Luther was in Episode 2, but oh well.

Zeroem
Nov 24, 2016, 10:38 AM
Well,I should add this too.
Since when Player-Chan stopped Hitsugi from killing Kohri.
Dialogue choice appeared(again)
Since you've translated the 2nd,so I'll translate the first choice.
[SPOILER-BOX]
-At the 1st choice.Player-Chan'll ask Hitsugi if she's really going to kill Kohri.She'll answer that of course she want to help her but she doesn't want to see Kohri suffers like this.
-Just when she try to kill her,Player-Chan've come to stop her again.Hitsugi then ask Player-Chan "Are you still not giving up in me?"
-Before Player-Chan can answer her,Xiera cut-in and says that the one who stands before Hitsugi(Meaning Player-Chan of course) is the one who'll never give up no matter what kind of situation he/she is in.
-Player-Chan will give her a nod.(Well,as expected from Player-Chan)And then Enga'll say his line that already translated above.
[/SPOILER-BOX]
Please note that this is a rough translation from my tiny little Japanese skills.So don't expect it to be 100% accurate. :V

Oh yeah, forgot about the first choice.
Thanks

Meteor Weapon
Nov 24, 2016, 10:43 AM
Where was this story icon about Erdem again?

Zeroem
Nov 24, 2016, 10:44 AM
Where was this story icon about Erdem again?

121-C. Unless you were referring to Poyonche's datamined icon

Meteor Weapon
Nov 24, 2016, 10:48 AM
Haven't really watched myself, what's the story with Erdem?

Zeroem
Nov 24, 2016, 10:57 AM
Haven't really watched myself, what's the story with Erdem?

No idea about the Poyonche one but the one on 121-C (rough translation) was when Xiela was explaining about Mother's origin and how Aether came to be on Earth. Ardem (or Erdem) response was he pretty much did not care about Mother's origin; (while saying sorry to everyone at ARKS) and his concern pretty much on how Mother's arrival spark the evolution of Earthlings, and how the recent events are a wall Earthlings must overcome to reach evolution and development.

I mean, that was a quite different tone when compared to when we first met him. Not drastic, but still spark some question.

Poyonche
Nov 24, 2016, 12:01 PM
Here are the datamined pictures (only uploaded the one that seem interesting)

http://imgur.com/a/cwhK8

mickbis
Nov 24, 2016, 12:16 PM
holyshit ... that look like it will be awesome

Zephyrion
Nov 24, 2016, 12:20 PM
We could infer that while not being completely evil, Erdem is questioning mankind development in the EXACT same way that Ophiel does when being confronted by Aratron.. So we can pretty much assume that they'll gang up at some point, or have been allies for a while. They probably see Mother's current state as a way to bring a new era of progress for mankind, pretty much like Photoners did with XIon....and we all know how that ended.

Kintama
Nov 24, 2016, 12:47 PM
Aratron is definitely a badass!

...Is that Kohri in the background if the final pic, ready to help against Mother...ugh....*throw up*

Chalun-k_x_light
Nov 24, 2016, 01:04 PM
We could infer that while not being completely evil, Erdem is questioning mankind development in the EXACT same way that Ophiel does when being confronted by Aratron.. So we can pretty much assume that they'll gang up at some point, or have been allies for a while. They probably see Mother's current state as a way to bring a new era of progress for mankind, pretty much like Photoners did with XIon....and we all know how that ended.

Or Ophiel is the spy working for Earth Guide from the beginning.And they both plan to overthrow Mother and take Aru's power for themselves. :V
Ophiel is being quite suspicious and very manipulative from the beginning.
While he always state that he'll do only for Mother but I have a feeling he has to be more than that.
Even Aratron still don't know about his true intentions.(While he claim that is for humanity's evolution,but he never say about how will he achieve that)
Killing Bethor but spare Hagito might proves that he might have some plans in his stock.And he needs Hagito but doesn't need Bethor.

Xaeris
Nov 24, 2016, 01:15 PM
I know what they were going for with Kohri's hair, but this is all I ever see when she's talking.
[spoiler-box]
http://i.imgur.com/0g2H2Jn.png
[/spoiler-box]

Everyone's acting like these ESC-A Darkers are a big deal while my character's just thinking, "so, you replaced your original troopers, the ones with intermittently accessible weakpoints and a vulnerability to one of my worst elements, with foot soldiers that I have a proven record of demolishing and a vulnerability to the most OP tech in my repertoire. I don't know if you've thought this clever plan through, Mother."

mickbis
Nov 24, 2016, 01:38 PM
Look at all those Darker Phantom on the moon at the end of today story update
it really is big deal......

Zysets
Nov 24, 2016, 01:57 PM
You know what would have been a neat plot twist? If the raid boss was actually Ardem, taken Mother's powers and revealing himself as the antagonist (whether his ideas and plans with humanity are in good intentions or not).

It'd probably never happen, but it was just a thought I had.

Chalun-k_x_light
Nov 24, 2016, 02:04 PM
You know what would have been a neat plot twist? If the raid boss was actually Ardem, taken Mother's powers and revealing himself as the antagonist (whether his ideas and plans with humanity are in good intentions or not).

It'd probably never happen, but it was just a thought I had.

More plot twist is that Erdem is one of the Photoners that suppose to be dead and the one that create Mother.
And he might just absorb Mother into himself like Lose-Chanr did to Xion and became the new raid boss.
Then again,just my weird imagination. LoL

Poyonche
Nov 24, 2016, 02:17 PM
More plot twist is that Erdem is one of the Photoners that suppose to be dead and the one that create Mother.
And he might just absorb Mother into himself like Lose-Chanr did to Xion and became the new raid boss.
Then again,just my weird imagination. LoL

Uh... dpp voice files have two variant : uniq and "normal".

uniq one sounds a bit more woman-ish than the normal one. I'll upload this soon.

Poyonche
Nov 24, 2016, 02:52 PM
dpp : https://www.dropbox.com/s/h3zqsnd5e5v285w/11_sound_voice_ptm3_dpp.rar?dl=0

dpp_u (i guess the u stands for the uniq) : https://www.dropbox.com/s/dry10ygizt2cq80/11_sound_voice_ptm3_dpp_u.rar?dl=0

mickbis
Nov 24, 2016, 03:08 PM
the u one used normal Mother voice but the normal one lean toward masculine
maybe the normal one is when we fought her normally and we need to break something for her to sound like u?

Zysets
Nov 24, 2016, 03:08 PM
Hm Interesting. PD has a male and female voice depending on the gender of the player character, is that the case here? Mother is becoming her own "PD" basically. Then again, PD only has that difference because of Persona.

Maybe one voice is used during the chase, but the other is the fight? Affected by her HP? Fun to think about what this could mean.

Poyonche
Nov 24, 2016, 03:25 PM
If the "u" really stands for the "uniq", then it means that it will be story exclusive. Guess I'll just wait for other dataminers to see if there is a "dpp_uniq", just like there is a "char24_ALT uniq (=Aratron)"

Gestriden
Nov 24, 2016, 05:04 PM
Throwing what I said in the datamine here, but will mark as spoilers anyways incas.

Mother's music files are labeled as mdch, an mdcl. The big note there is the "md". Sega has also added two new CPK files of Dark Falz Luther, and Dark Falz Angel. However the interesting thing is that. they are labeled as MDF2md an BDFmd. And no they didn't replace the EQ Luther fights with these. These are whole new packs.

Too add on to that There's none for Elder Apprentice or Double, and Angel is not part of the 4 hands Mother use, are we possibly going to be seeing a Phantom variant EQ of Dark Falz Luther? But since Angel got one too it might play out in story too.

Great Pan
Nov 24, 2016, 07:02 PM
Dissapointed, KOHRI NOT DEAD BY MY HANDS.

Well, she got her ass handed to me TWICE, though.

loafhero
Nov 24, 2016, 07:24 PM
Its awesome that Aratron turned out to be a real badass and instead of commanding a Boss Phantom, he transforms into a Boss Phantom with similarities to Knight Gear's design.

It does make sense to keep Hagito alive but kill off Bethor. Hagito's company regularly creates new apps that makes the population's lives more convenient (while allowing Mother Cluster to monitor the population at the same time due to how many Earth apps being linked to Hagito's company). Bethor was just an asshole who made movies with lots of explosions (basically PSO2's Michael Bay).

Erdem being possibly a Photoner doesn't sound too off. A common design theme with Photoners is that they wear lavish clothing and act like society's elites and Erdem fits that description.

I'm surprised Phaleg seems to be, if not on our side, neutral to the whole situation, I like that.

She did pretty much say she was neutral to this entire situation in her first appearance. All she cares about is fighting strong people and maybe kill off people that just annoys her. I doubt she'll ally herself with the good guys but she does have all the standard anime traits of an anti-hero/villain rival character.

silo1991
Nov 24, 2016, 09:28 PM
as far as i saw the phantom darkers , they seems to be discarted abberations for UQ i notice that on the bears , falcons and goldradas( potato bugs) for the others it were just reskins same movements and patterns . once again the phantoms were a lost cause from the beginning their aesthetics was so sloth enought that sega needed to recycle the darkersjust for rescue them :/

also after seen kohri using an ice over end, was awesome ; is this a clue for a future PA custom :P

loafhero
Nov 24, 2016, 09:51 PM
I just noticed that the BGM played during Patty and Tea's scene with Xierra is something new. Its actually pretty nice to hear and represents Patty and Tea along with the tone of the scene pretty well. Its certainly less grating than the stupidly cheerful and makes-you-wanna-strangle-a-bitch BGM that often plays during Hitsugi and Kohri's highschool cutscenes.

Zanverse
Nov 24, 2016, 10:20 PM
dpp : https://www.dropbox.com/s/h3zqsnd5e5v285w/11_sound_voice_ptm3_dpp.rar?dl=0

dpp_u (i guess the u stands for the uniq) : https://www.dropbox.com/s/dry10ygizt2cq80/11_sound_voice_ptm3_dpp_u.rar?dl=0

The deeper sounding voice... sounds a lot like Xiao. Maybe it's just me...

Vatallus
Nov 24, 2016, 10:41 PM
Isn't the BGM that plays during Patty and Tea's cutscene just a soundtrack from the anime?

Meteor Weapon
Nov 24, 2016, 10:52 PM
The unique voice one is probably the one you fight for the first time, the normal one being Mother's monstrous form being taken over by Dark Falz influence completely and just repeatedly spawn just like how Elder kept coming back after getting his ass kicked(current story he probably got cloned), Loser got Cloned (by Double), Apprentice just kept coming back because it was using the planet as the host and PD got timelooped over and over. Mother doesn't sound like she was in her right mind either.

I'm not sure why PD needs another Dark Falz though.

So Mother isn't really a fully failed copy of Xion, but just uncontrollable. While PD is the Perfect Copy of Xion, but was influenced by the massive amount of negative emotion of Photoners corrupting the very photons around it and PD just absorbed it then decided to end the universe and it took the entire Photoner race to seal it away.

Inb4 they revealed that the PD we fought isn't the PD we understood in PSO2 but was actually the very same Profound Darkness from the Genesis Era Games and all it did was influencing the Perfect Copy of Xion to wreck havoc, the story would probably get a lot more hectic due to subspace travel coming into play, what with Emilia and Vivienne casually travelling from one subspace to another.

Zysets
Nov 25, 2016, 12:18 AM
I'm not sure why PD needs another Dark Falz though.

PSO2's PD is stuck in a time loop because of Persona. Dark Falz (or Dark Force, maybe even "Dark Phallus" if you want to be dumb, you did mention the classic series) is just a tool used by PD to unseal/resurrect itself. It probably wanted to make a new Dark Falz so it could find a way to break the time loop. Like how in Phantasy Star II, it used Dark Falz to take over the Earthling's Mother Brain, and destroy Planet Palma to weaken the seal that was placed on it, giving it a chance to try and escape in PSIV.

While typing this, I now realized that Sega basically took inspiration from most of the important aspects of PSII's story and reimagined them into Episode 4...
Makes "Death Place" in Mother's boss theme seem even more fitting, in my eyes.

once again the phantoms were a lost cause from the beginning their aesthetics was so sloth enought that sega needed to recycle the darkersjust for rescue them :/

Personally, I think it's wrong to assume the Phantoms were supposed to replace Darkers. I see the Phantoms as just Earth's native enemies, like the Dragonkin on Amduscia, or Mechs on Lilipa. Darkers still show up on Earth fields, and they always have. They brought back Darkers, because they will always be the enemy of ARKS, ARKS was created specifically to fight the Darkers.

silo1991
Nov 25, 2016, 12:57 AM
that makes sense , also i cant deny the story its getting interesting , does anybody think in the future we will be fighting a sect like PSIV or the endrum collective from PSU

loafhero
Nov 25, 2016, 02:22 AM
Isn't the BGM that plays during Patty and Tea's cutscene just a soundtrack from the anime?

It is? I couldn't tell cause the anime was pretty forgettable.

Vatallus
Nov 25, 2016, 04:19 AM
It is? I couldn't tell cause the anime was pretty forgettable.

I only know because my original Regiment of the Wicked 2016 video got flagged for it appearing during the EC with Katori and Pedro. So I wasted time figuring out why it was flagged and if it was legit. The company that published the PSO2 Anime flagged it.

Tymek
Nov 25, 2016, 05:54 AM
I have so much to say about so many things.
But first;

why were Pattientia permitted to enter the Bridge, but not Itsuki or Rina?

TehCubey
Nov 25, 2016, 06:30 AM
why were Pattientia permitted to enter the Bridge, but not Itsuki or Rina?

Only good characters are allowed on the bridge. You have to be either entertaining or well-written, preferably both.

Traumin
Nov 25, 2016, 06:38 AM
Only good characters are allowed on the bridge. You have to be either entertaining or well-written, preferably both.
Also I think that'd be a lot of major violations there. Cause, y'know...Earthlings. Making contact with Xierra.

Tymek
Nov 25, 2016, 11:19 AM
Also I think that'd be a lot of major violations there. Cause, y'know...Earthlings. Making contact with Xierra.
Kohri.
Hitsugi.
Enga.

loafhero
Nov 25, 2016, 11:38 AM
Kohri.
Hitsugi.
Enga.

The whole Aru shenanigans and Hitsugi having Player's Photons linked to her were basically a free invite to the Bridge area. Enga is part of Earth Guide who helped make it possible for Aika to go undercover on Earth (and probably came up with "Suzuki" as her fake surname).

Meteor Weapon
Nov 25, 2016, 11:51 AM
Itsuki really had no reason to go to the bridge in the first place.

Kintama
Nov 25, 2016, 11:58 AM
Why are we talking about trash characters like they have something to bring on the table?

Xaeris
Nov 25, 2016, 01:11 PM
Kazanboshi has some videos up.

"Although, I've already allowed myself to examine enough in detail of your body."

Dude. Squick.

Zorak000
Nov 25, 2016, 01:52 PM
we saved Eucreta and Matoi, Khori seemed less far-gone than those two were; she was at least semi-aware of being just a puppet, the other two had already resigned themselves to their fate

Gestriden
Nov 25, 2016, 05:11 PM
Sega dunu goofd

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cxmgj6-UcAAgNee.jpg

エスカファルス・マザー

ESCA Falz Mother

and with the leaked md files this might confirm and clear up the confusion I had earlier with the other files

ESCA Falz Luther and Angel

Poyonche
Nov 25, 2016, 05:43 PM
So uh I guess the theory that the potential uniq and normal variant of the voice files are that the normal one is when Falz influence took over Mother.

But... She is supposed to be the final boss of this Episode, Why ESCA Falz Luther and Angel now, might it be related to Erdickem ?

Demn it I'm sure I could get bunch of interesting infos from Xierra's voice files (as an operator) but the hca2wav don't want to convert them like it used to do, I always get an error message.

Zysets
Nov 25, 2016, 06:34 PM
I hope this means Luther is coming back, or Erdem is a new "Loser". I love Luther, he was my favorite NPC character, in all honesty.

Gestriden
Nov 25, 2016, 07:27 PM
So uh I guess the theory that the potential uniq and normal variant of the voice files are that the normal one is when Falz influence took over Mother.

But... She is supposed to be the final boss of this Episode, Why ESCA Falz Luther and Angel now, might it be related to Erdickem ?

Demn it I'm sure I could get bunch of interesting infos from Xierra's voice files (as an operator) but the hca2wav don't want to convert them like it used to do, I always get an error message.

Send em my way, I can probably do it.

oratank
Nov 25, 2016, 08:29 PM
so about es story any update?

IchijinKali
Nov 25, 2016, 09:50 PM
I've been gone for about a week or so. You can blame Fallout New Vegas demanding I start a whole new file and play til the end and 90 in-game hours later that was done. To those that care to know I played a female sided with Legion and technically I am now ˈKaizar's personal physician.

Anyway I didn't see any links to kazen's translations just someone mentioning them so I'll go ahead and post what has been put up so far.

First is another intro to Franka's Cafe, a THIRD ONE, 「Welcome To Franka's Café! 3」
[SPOILER-BOX]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuedvUmHf4Q[/SPOILER-BOX]

Next set is the cutscenes related to PSP2 with Emilia and Vivienne.
[SPOILER-BOX]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6TxSSqUctc 「My Name Is Emilia」
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GX5QtLQsDk 「Visitors From The Subspace」
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdMVuUrpfaY 「Vivienne’s Purpose」
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cGDVdz0NHo 「Emilia’s Purpose」
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdmF02EZBjg 「Emilia’s Ready Wits」
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpukRfDgNoo 「Thanks From Both Of Them」
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKZ7lRqFFsw 「Vivienne’s Intuition」[/SPOILER-BOX]

Last set is current story scene progress.
[SPOILER-BOX]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vq9JM9-HJM 「Aru's Identity」
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ervrKUKBCiY 「Phantom Of Darkness」
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-cvfEDR0AA 「The Ones Out Of Control」
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0KyH6lItw8 「Appearance Of ESCA Darkers」
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnnqZ6RyYMk 「The Way Kōri Laughs」[/SPOILER-BOX]

That last one enjoy SEGA's half assed attempt to make you care about Kohri.

loafhero
Nov 25, 2016, 10:11 PM
we saved Eucreta and Matoi, Khori seemed less far-gone than those two were; she was at least semi-aware of being just a puppet, the other two had already resigned themselves to their fate

Especially since there is a clear physical person actively controlling Kohri and said person isn't all that powerful compared to PD and Apprentice's influence.

yoshiblue
Nov 25, 2016, 10:48 PM
Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of Copy-CAST Vivienne. Her continuing mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before.

Meteor Weapon
Nov 26, 2016, 12:11 AM
And accidentally bring back some Darkers, bringing another new threat to Gurhal lol

Zysets
Nov 26, 2016, 12:20 AM
There is a Part 3 to the PSU anniversary event, I know we're gonna see Laia, would be cool to have a small side story like that.

Zeroem
Nov 26, 2016, 03:39 AM
There is a Part 3 to the PSU anniversary event, I know we're gonna see Laia, would be cool to have a small side story like that.

The story probably still about sub-space shenanigans. Well, how much shenanigans is up to the question here. It could be a proper sub-space travel instead of accidents like Emilia+Vivienne case, or still the accident scenario all over again.

If the PSU part 3 collab did resolve around proper sub-space travel, it would make perfect sense if Laia visit Oracle (you know, current president of GUARDIANS). The bigger question for this case is who would accompany her. The possibilities are quite broad, to be honest. It could be:
- Kurtz, the current head of AMF
- Hyuuga, current president of GRM. Also, technically the first Deuman.
- Ursula/Crouch, leaders of Little Wing
- Maya/Lumia/Lou, current member of GUARDIANS.

On the other hand, if it was accidents (again), then there's a chance her partner would be Shizuru.

Kole
Nov 26, 2016, 04:01 AM
I just can't see Phaleg as a villain or enemy now with the above summary
We see her trash a phantom
We see her almost successfully kick Ophiel to death unlike how she isn't even go all out against us and Huey eventhough we are suppose to be enemy

if that foreshadow is right and someone isn't what he seem to be....
her action in Las Vegas will be justify as well

Personally I think she's like Huey. (which would answer a number of things)

loafhero
Nov 26, 2016, 05:35 AM
Watching through Kazanboshi's current translations:

[122-C]
[SPOILER-BOX]- I really had to try very, VERY hard not to use my right arrow key to skip through the scene 5 seconds at a time (out of respect for Kazanboshi's work) every time Hitsugi and Enga go through ANOTHER talk about "don't rely on yourself all the time". EP4 has been dreadfully excessive in reiterating the same speeches of about the same theme. I get it, okay!... Sheesh, might as well make a drinking game out of this every time a character talks about any iteration of "don't rely on yourself all the time" for the nth time. Wouldn't do good for my liver, though.

- I laughed at the scene of Enga and Hitsugi mentioning Kohri's weirdness where Enga points out the obvious and Hitsugi answering that that is how Kohri always is and Enga retorting that Hitsugi needs to choose her friends better :D

Enga: Oi, Hitsugi... I think you know this already but, there's something wrong with her.

Me: 40478

- I particularly enjoyed how Hitsugi reacted in physical disgust in response to Ophiel's double entendre words about examining her body "in detail", the way Ophiel moved waved his hands in an S-shape as if describing Hitsugi's figure, and the fact that his last name is "Herbert" which rhymes with "Pervert" in English :D I guess Och was somewhat right about Ophiel being a perverted old man.

Suffice to say, I don't think I can resist calling Ophiel by his last name from now on :-P
[/SPOILER-BOX]
[126-C]
[SPOILER-BOX]- Mother is sounding a little more crazy now and Aratron is rightfully suspicious.

- Turns out, Mother really was a kind person who connected with her people despite having a goal that was obviously bad. Aratron's complaints are more towards the degree of Mother's recent ruthlessness rather than the existence of Mother's ruthless decisions. So, basically they were jerks before but the recent events just made them into bigger jerks.

- Herbert's vague goals for "ZA WARUDO" doesn't sit right with Aratron once we learn that Herbert killing Bethor was never Mother's orders (though, Aratron wonders why Mother let that slide). At this point, it seems that Herbert thinks of Mother as a means to an ends instead of being zealously devoted to Mother like some of the other Apostles.
[/SPOILER-BOX]
[127-B]
[SPOILER-BOX]- Apparently, Xierra says that Esca Darkers are stronger than regular Darkers. Hard to believe that as Esca Darkers aren't that different at all from normal Darkers, gameplay-wise. If they had the ability change or hide their weakpoints like Phantoms do, maybe I could see them as more threatening. [/SPOILER-BOX]
[127-C]
[SPOILER-BOX]- MAN, was it satisfying to see Player smack Hitsugi in the back (or head, depending on height)!

- Can't really say I sympathise with Kohri much after listening to that awkwardly delivered backstory exposition. Would have preferred if instead of listening to Hitsugi talk, we see the entire flashback played out in full motion. [/SPOILER-BOX]

Meteor Weapon
Nov 26, 2016, 06:21 AM
[/SPOILER-BOX]
[127-B]
[SPOILER-BOX]- Apparently, Xierra says that Esca Darkers are stronger than regular Darkers. Hard to believe that as Esca Darkers aren't that different at all from normal Darkers, gameplay-wise. If they had the ability change or hide their weakpoints like Phantoms do, maybe I could see them as more threatening. [/SPOILER-BOX]
[127-C]

If they're shown to be a lot more destructive/powerful than Aberration Darker's, then I would've believe so but considering Kohri could just one shot a single ESCA Goldrahda then it's questionable. It's funny that Xiao doesn't really show his face or bother much with the whole Mother incident, well considering Profound Darkness is the more obvious threat for him to find a way to stop it.

Chalun-k_x_light
Nov 26, 2016, 06:35 AM

[122-C]
[SPOILER-BOX]- I really had to try very, VERY hard not to use my right arrow key to skip through the scene 5 seconds at a time (out of respect for Kazanboshi's work) every time Hitsugi and Enga go through ANOTHER talk about "don't rely on yourself all the time". EP4 has been dreadfully excessive in reiterating the same speeches of about the same theme. I get it, okay!... Sheesh, might as well make a drinking game out of this every time a character talks about any iteration of "don't rely on yourself all the time" for the nth time. Wouldn't do good for my liver, though.

- I laughed at the scene of Enga and Hitsugi mentioning Kohri's weirdness where Enga points out the obvious and Hitsugi answering that that is how Kohri always is and Enga retorting that Hitsugi needs to choose her friends better :D

Enga: Oi, Hitsugi... I think you know this already but, there's something wrong her.

Me: 40478

- I particularly enjoyed how Hitsugi reacted in physical disgust in response to Ophiel's double entendre words about examining her body "in detail", the way Ophiel moved waved his hands in an S-shape as if describing Hitsugi's figure, and the fact that his last name is "Herbert" which rhymes with "Pervert" in English :D I guess Och was somewhat right about Ophiel being a perverted old man.

Suffice to say, I don't think I can resist calling Ophiel by his last name from now on :-P
[/SPOILER-BOX]
[126-C]
[SPOILER-BOX]- Mother is sounding a little more crazy now and Aratron is rightfully suspicious.

- Turns out, Mother really was a kind person who connected with her people despite having a goal that was obviously bad. Aratron's complaints are more towards the degree of Mother's recent ruthlessness rather than the existence of Mother's ruthless decisions. So, basically they were jerks before but the recent events just made them into bigger jerks.

- Herbert's vague goals for "ZA WARUDO" doesn't sit right with Aratron once we learn that Herbert killing Bethor was never Mother's orders (though, Aratron wonders why Mother let that slide). At this point, it seems that Herbert thinks of Mother as a means to an ends instead of being zealously devoted to Mother like some of the other Apostles.
[/SPOILER-BOX]
[127-B]
[127-C]
[SPOILER-BOX]- MAN, was it satisfying to see Player smack Hitsugi in the back (or head, depending on height)!

- Can't really say I sympathise with Kohri much after listening to that awkwardly delivered backstory exposition. Would have preferred if instead of listening to Hitsugi talk, we see the entire flashback played out in full motion. [/SPOILER-BOX]

Well,the tone that Dr.Pervert speaking about Hitsugi's body suggest much. LoL
About Bethor,maybe Mother let it slide because it doesn't impact to her plan at all.While Hagito is quite different.
About Mother,maybe the negative photon has started to urge her hatred and corrupted her mind slowly.
Esca-Darker,while not physically different from normal one.But their attack move is upgraded.
About Kohri...well,i have nothing to say.LoL Even knowing her past from Hitsugi,it's just can't change my thoughts on her. :V

Zysets
Nov 26, 2016, 02:03 PM
The story probably still about sub-space shenanigans. Well, how much shenanigans is up to the question here. It could be a proper sub-space travel instead of accidents like Emilia+Vivienne case, or still the accident scenario all over again.

If the PSU part 3 collab did resolve around proper sub-space travel, it would make perfect sense if Laia visit Oracle (you know, current president of GUARDIANS). The bigger question for this case is who would accompany her. The possibilities are quite broad, to be honest. It could be:
- Kurtz, the current head of AMF
- Hyuuga, current president of GRM. Also, technically the first Deuman.
- Ursula/Crouch, leaders of Little Wing
- Maya/Lumia/Lou, current member of GUARDIANS.

On the other hand, if it was accidents (again), then there's a chance her partner would be Shizuru.

Personally, I would hope for Hyuuga, finish the set of Ethan/Karen/Hyuuga, plus being one of the first Deumans, it would be fun to see if they include cutscenes with PSO2's Deumans.

yoshiblue
Nov 26, 2016, 02:12 PM
First cutscene, you see him skirt chasing Io.

Tymek
Nov 26, 2016, 02:27 PM
[127-C]
[SPOILER-BOX]- MAN, was it satisfying to see Player smack Hitsugi in the back (or head, depending on height)![/SPOILER-BOX]
[SPOILER-BOX]Wait, that was a smack? I thought Player was trying to give her a friendly pat and she flinched because physical contact[/SPOILER-BOX]

Zysets
Nov 26, 2016, 02:59 PM
First cutscene, you see him skirt chasing Io.

He can be Pietro 2.0, but... not with pets.

starwind75043
Nov 26, 2016, 07:18 PM
I really hope its a beast + Hyuuga or Lou

I really miss my beast girl from psu.

Anyone else hoping a for a new border breaker boss encounter featuring a psu boss?

Zysets
Nov 26, 2016, 07:57 PM
I really hope its a beast + Hyuuga or Lou

I really miss my beast girl from psu.

Anyone else hoping a for a new border breaker boss encounter featuring a psu boss?

I mean Laia is basically confirmed because she's been in all the event artwork since the start, along with Karen (dressed as Mirei) and Vivienne.

IchijinKali
Nov 26, 2016, 10:33 PM
The moment I saw what she was doing when I first played this scene I already knew what it was about. Having Kazen's translations confirm it just annoys me to no end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL47pEaw_n0 「Xiera's Serious Worry」

Personally I would've kept walking. Side note any females here actually give two shits about their bust size? Thirdly I didn't think I would run into another terrible example of a CAST, but Fourier redeemed herself after that lilipan crap.

loafhero
Nov 26, 2016, 10:45 PM
Fourier is the perfect example of inner beauty. She doesn't have a conventionally sexy or cute design but she has great personality.

[SPOILER-BOX]Wait, that was a smack? I thought Player was trying to give her a friendly pat and she flinched because physical contact[/SPOILER-BOX]

JUST LET ME HAVE THIS!!

Traumin
Nov 26, 2016, 10:47 PM
The moment I saw what she was doing when I first played this scene I already knew what it was about. Having Kazen's translations confirm it just annoys me to no end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BL47pEaw_n0 「Xiera's Serious Worry」

Personally I would've kept walking. Side note any females here actually give two shits about their bust size? Thirdly I didn't think I would run into another terrible example of a CAST, but Fourier redeemed herself after that lilipan crap.

Female here: it's dependent, I suppose. Don't really give a shit about my bust size.

Meteor Weapon
Nov 26, 2016, 11:08 PM
I still can't believe Sega wasted their time to do a chapter about bust size. Patty and Tea never talked about it, why should Xierra?

Zysets
Nov 26, 2016, 11:12 PM
I still can't believe Sega wasted their time to do a chapter about bust size. Patty and Tea never talked about it, why should Xierra?

Probably to appeal to hormonal anime fans, even the anime had a scene about bust size, kind of ridiculous, but whatever.

IchijinKali
Nov 26, 2016, 11:32 PM

Yes it was a smack, or punch o(○`ω´○)9, and I enjoyed it quite a bit.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/svKA7/7c14593e4e.png
http://puu.sh/svKAG/cfca5e5e90.png
http://puu.sh/svKyv/590e524406.png
http://puu.sh/svKCA/6013e8d23e.png
http://puu.sh/svKZk/7c9e1bf41a.png
http://puu.sh/svKE7/a966a62133.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Took about 6 tries to get all those pics and sitting through that half-baked sob story. Totally worth it.

oratank
Nov 26, 2016, 11:34 PM
tea was talked about patty boob that bigger than her

Zysets
Nov 27, 2016, 12:34 AM

Took about 6 tries to get all those pics and sitting through that half-baked sob story. Totally worth it.

With the Elder outfit, I'm imagining you were going for a head pat but the bigass sleeves made you smack her head instead.

IchijinKali
Nov 27, 2016, 12:54 AM
With the Elder outfit, I'm imagining you were going for a head pat but the bigass sleeves made you smack her head instead.

You are right it looks like I tried to be nice and failed. Lets fix that ψ(`Д´)ψ
[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/svOjd/074c201215.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/svOit/47c0bc78a7.png
There we go much better metal arm to the back of the head (ʃƪ¬‿¬)[/SPOILER-BOX]

[SPOILER-BOX]Thanks SEGA for making the RAcast's rig very awkward.
http://puu.sh/svOk9/cce1e4f795.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

oratank
Nov 27, 2016, 01:00 AM
try put drill on how that gonna be?

IchijinKali
Nov 27, 2016, 01:17 AM
try put drill on how that gonna be?

Nah I've tortured her enough for today, with this character.
[SPOILER-BOX]http://puu.sh/svPrB/0e30cc0e84.png
http://puu.sh/svPrh/99734203a5.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Zeroem
Nov 27, 2016, 02:01 AM
If you ask me, the NPC that would most likely accompany Laia on PSU part 3 are between Kurtz and Hyuuga.
- It would be weird to not include Hyuuga after his 2 old team member are 'summoned' on Oracle. Besides, he's (like I said earlier) the president of GRM and one of the first Deuman on Gurhal.
- On the other hand, since we got crucial figures on PSU appeared on Oracle (the hero, the not-holy-maidenheroine, one of the brains behind sub-space travel, and a special CAST), the most logical choice would be the last of the big 3 (GUARDIANS, Communion, and AMF) leaders to accompany Laia.

To be honest, I'm surprised it took 2 years for Xiela to throw protest about her body specs at Shao.
That's like stay silent when getting shot at, then retaliate after being close to near death.

Chalun-k_x_light
Nov 27, 2016, 02:05 AM
To be honest, I'm surprised it took 2 years for Xiela to throw protest about her body specs at Shao.
That's like stay silent when getting shot at, then retaliate after being close to near death.

Maybe,she keep quiet about it all the time until Player-Chan ask her about it. LoL

Traumin
Nov 27, 2016, 02:38 AM
Maybe,she keep quiet about it all the time until Player-Chan ask her about it. LoL

I mean, we didn't even ask her directly. We thought she was doing something weird, and she went off on a tangent.

Chalun-k_x_light
Nov 27, 2016, 02:51 AM
I mean, we didn't even ask her directly. We thought she was doing something weird, and she went off on a tangent.

Maybe she want someone to listen to her about it for all this time.
So yeah,even if indirectly Player-Chan just appear at the wrong time.
(Appear when she was thinking about her breast and ask her what she's doing is quite a bad timing i'll say LoL.)

Xaeris
Nov 27, 2016, 03:06 AM
I love player-chan's reaction to Xiera's serious worry. "Nope."

Personally, I find the scene amusing, so I'm happy with it by itself, but the timing is weird. You just got through fending off an invasion, the existence of one of your own is imperiled, and the Ragrants-fodder ostensibly got a power up, but you found a spare minute to squeeze in a soliloquy regarding your breast envy? k.

loafhero
Nov 27, 2016, 05:07 AM
Lets not forget that these are the same people who spent resources on a typical anime bath scene...

Its pretty common nowadays to see animes where there is at least one scene of a girl feeling inferiority issues because of their bust size. A big reason for this is that in Japan, bust size is a symbol of femininity.

Anyway, I was pretty surprised to learn that there are more than one Xierra. Would be cool if they come in different colors.

All that's missing now is a good dosage of CLANG (https://youtu.be/kd912tf6ois)

AutumnChronicle
Nov 27, 2016, 07:31 AM
I couldn't really pick up that she was lamenting her bust size until I caught up on the thread but at least her voice actor made it adorable. Patty and Tea cutscene was adorable too! What if it was foreshadowing?!?

The Lunar Cryblue moon cinematic was a total rip off >:O
[SPOILER-BOX]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNg7pwqIVf4[/SPOILER-BOX]

ALSO I like how Ophiel gives good reason to hate him. Like he's not just the bad guy, he's obviously morally reprehensible in the way he sexually harasses Hitsugi/Kohri. Can't wait to punch his face in.

Chalun-k_x_light
Nov 27, 2016, 08:24 AM
ALSO I like how Ophiel gives good reason to hate him. Like he's not just the bad guy, he's obviously morally reprehensible in the way he sexually harasses Hitsugi/Kohri. Can't wait to punch his face in.

Well,Japanese twitter often use him for a meme purpose especially from the scene that he did a weird habits(Like when he instantly show his face in front of Kohri very close when she was talking to Mother.)There's a lot of this kind of thing regard to Dr.Pervert i'll say. LoL
But i really wonder if we can punch his face since the next chapter trailer only mention that we can have some fun with Aratron and Mother for sure.

loafhero
Nov 27, 2016, 08:53 AM
Same here. I can't wait to punch Herbert in the face.

loafhero
Nov 27, 2016, 10:37 AM
My comments on [127-E]:

- Its actually nice knowing that Player and Matoi were originally considered to be appointed (or in Matoi's case, re-appointed) to become part of the new Six Pillars but I like that Player and Matoi were given a more unique title with its own privileges.

- Looking back, Player and Matoi did manage to produce amazing results by disregarding protocol and higher-up approval. For example, willing to fight back against ARKS to rescue Xion which led to ending Luther's corruption and hold over ARKS, and then in EP3, willingly getting involved in the Harukotan war that had nothing to do with ARKS which led to ARKS acquiring the most powerful person in Harukotan as an ally.

Then there's Player's individual accomplishments like restoring good relations between ARKS and Dragonkin which allowed ARKS access to the Dragon Altar area, helping a sweet CAST girl form good relations with Lilipans which helped make Lilipans more open to communication with other ARKS, and ending the Hadred problem (which simultaneously stopped a certain assassin from harassing other ARKS in her search) in the most humane way possible (made possible thanks to earning the Dragonkin's trust and respect).

- As always, I never tire of Patty and Tea's comedy duo act (known in Japan as the Boke and Tsukkomi play). I'd actually like the idea of Patty managing to find out how to beat PD permanently before Xiao does just for the sake of witnessing something so hilarious and epic. Not to mention that back in EP1, certain Patty cutscenes have shown her to be surprisingly insightful and wise sometimes. Would be nice to see a smart Patty after so long.

Tymek
Nov 27, 2016, 11:24 AM
So...why exactly did Player smack Hitsugi?

IchijinKali
Nov 27, 2016, 11:33 AM
So...why exactly did Player smack Hitsugi?

Because she was once again talking about doing stuff on her own which caused too many problems and a couple scenes ago we just got done telling her she isn't alone, not my choice. Also because it was long overdue.

ralf542
Nov 27, 2016, 12:25 PM
So Ulc who wasn't good enough to be an Arks is now commander-in-chief and she's so good that cloning her would be a great idea. Thank god partner Afin isn't around anymore but peon is still there...

I'm waiting to get help from other strong people to fight Mother, like Quna(maybe), Maria or that cast bastard or Aika is she's still alive.

Zysets
Nov 27, 2016, 01:12 PM
Well,Japanese twitter often use him for a meme purpose especially from the scene that he did a weird habits(Like when he instantly show his face in front of Kohri very close when she was talking to Mother.)There's a lot of this kind of thing regard to Dr.Pervert i'll say. LoL
But i really wonder if we can punch his face since the next chapter trailer only mention that we can have some fun with Aratron and Mother for sure.

I've seen the jokes in the Japanese twitter community, they're pretty hilarious sometimes.

On a side note, it would be weird not to fight him, maybe he'll be the "Theodore" in the order we fight the remaining enemies. Like how we fight Theodore before we finally reach Luther in Episode 2? So we beat Ophiel, then move to Aratron and Mother.

Tymek
Nov 27, 2016, 03:33 PM
I've seen the jokes in the Japanese twitter community, they're pretty hilarious sometimes.

On a side note, it would be weird not to fight him, maybe he'll be the "Theodore" in the order we fight the remaining enemies. Like how we fight Theodore before we finally reach Luther in Episode 2? So we beat Ophiel, then move to Aratron and Mother.

That is unlikely, when you take into account the leaked Story Board images.
I think it's Aratron before Ophiel and Mother.

silo1991
Nov 27, 2016, 04:53 PM
im expecting aratron start a civil war between the phantoms , because he said mother changed for bad and the esca darkers are violent by nature

also i think we will see in the future esca-dragonkin, esca-oceanids ; you get my point , im going to see how sega take advantage of ED

IchijinKali
Nov 27, 2016, 08:12 PM
So Ulc who wasn't good enough to be an Arks is now commander-in-chief and she's so good that cloning her would be a great idea.

Lets not forget she is also too good to even pop in and say hello to one of the people who saved her dumbass. Hell if she can't even do that I doubt she has time for mentally unstable boy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnzSG5bOjWo 「A Non-self-proclaimed Title!」
Suffice to say I'm in favor of them getting a title. I mean quite honestly they did help me in intelligence gathering by giving me very good ideas where to look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rAIVj7ARh0 「Confirmation From The Commander Himself」
Someone getting slightly along with Casra now that is a rarity.

loafhero
Nov 27, 2016, 09:20 PM
For [128-B]:

- With info we got from datamined info, a traitor from Earth is pretty much confirmed for us so Casra's suspicions are half-correct. It couldn't have been Hitsugi, not when Aru was in the ship at the time. It couldn't have been Enga because he wouldn't do anything that could risk putting Hitsugi in danger.

- I'm starting to think Casra might have a crush on Player seeing as how he's a dick to everyone except towards Player. Not to mention how Player is the only one Casra ever confides his honest opinion and feelings towards. Its almost as if he's trying to woo Player.

Hell if she can't even do that I doubt she has time for mentally unstable boy.

Theo is now her secretary so their respective jobs make them obligated to be with each other at all times. Works best for the two.

IchijinKali
Nov 27, 2016, 10:06 PM
Theo is now her secretary so their respective jobs make them obligated to be with each other at all times. Works best for the two.

[SPOILER-BOX]Theodore . . . as . . . a secretary mismanagement of resources doesn't even begin to describe that situation. Seriously where are these people's qualifications of their positions. Matoi and I got ours because regardless of the rules we do w/e the hell we want, as long as it is for a good cause, and I am a frickin plank of wood with a drive to do good.

Ulc becomes CiC because REASONS she is then "replicated", because she sure as hell wasn't cloned, in 'High' CAST form, with probably 0 actual physical similarities to the original, with each replication ordered to run a ship. Those 'High' CASTs apparently are so in tune with their human side that they complain they don't have breasts like the size of their progenitor. Further making me question if Ulc is even physiologically stable enough to be in charge of pretty much an entire fleet. When her replicates seem to have been discussing such a thing at length to the point they were demanding to be remolded with bigger breasts despite already knowing how there would be zero chance in such a thing actually happening.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Going to guess anime told/showed that because I don't recall such a thing.

loafhero
Nov 27, 2016, 10:28 PM
I can understand that the lack of enough context behind Ulc and Theo's ascension is rubbing people off the wrong way. The story has always been "Tell, Don't Show" but I've grown numb to it at this point.

Nyansan
Nov 27, 2016, 10:34 PM
I can understand that the lack of enough context behind Ulc and Theo's ascension is rubbing people off the wrong way. The story has always been "Tell, Don't Show" but I've grown numb to it at this point.

Cant do anything if the voice actors can't commit to PSO2 :-?

loafhero
Nov 27, 2016, 10:38 PM
Cant do anything if the voice actors can't commit to PSO2 :-?

I mean, even without the VAs, a flashback sequence akin to the Kohri sob story that no one gives-a-fuck-about would have been a good alternative. No need for voices aside from Xierra narrating Ulc's ascension and the creation of the Xierras.

I guess the problem is that most dislike how Ulc suddenly has all these amazing credentials without much explanation and we're required to just accept it. In other words, Ulc is slowly verging on the dreaded Mary Sue archetype.

Zysets
Nov 27, 2016, 11:44 PM
I guess the problem is that most dislike how Ulc suddenly has all these amazing credentials without much explanation and we're required to just accept it. In other words, Ulc is slowly verging on the dreaded Mary Sue archetype.
Most Mary Sue type characters are obnoxious because they're in your face flaunting their plot given powers, but I forget Ulc exists unless she's mentioned at this point.

I'd settle for just "Ulc happened to be really good at desk work and management" as an explanation, but they didn't even say that, but really, I don't care enough to feel bothered by her position.

IchijinKali
Nov 28, 2016, 01:07 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cwxE4iAVf4 「My Best Friend」

I doubt anyone needs to see the translations to know this Snoreville's main point but whatever..

Kondibon
Nov 28, 2016, 01:09 AM
I'd settle for just "Ulc happened to be really good at desk work and management" as an explanation, but they didn't even say that, They kinda talked about it indirectly actually, very early on. She always wanted to be an ARKS member, but due to a lack of photon proficiency ended up just trying REALLY hard to get in at all. It would actually make a ton sense for her to be good at that kind of stuff even without being said directly.

Chalun-k_x_light
Nov 28, 2016, 01:11 AM
Most Mary Sue type characters are obnoxious because they're in your face flaunting their plot given powers, but I forget Ulc exists unless she's mentioned at this point.

I'd settle for just "Ulc happened to be really good at desk work and management" as an explanation, but they didn't even say that, but really, I don't care enough to feel bothered by her position.

Well,she's the one who came up with an idea of lobby's current appearance.So,i'm not surprised that she make up to her position at all.

Xaeris
Nov 28, 2016, 02:04 AM
Oh, Ulc is responsible for those gaudy ass palm trees in the shop area? That explains a lot.

Zephyrion
Nov 28, 2016, 04:11 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]Theodore . . . as . . . a secretary mismanagement of resources doesn't even begin to describe that situation. Seriously where are these people's qualifications of their positions. Matoi and I got ours because regardless of the rules we do w/e the hell we want, as long as it is for a good cause, and I am a frickin plank of wood with a drive to do good.

Ulc becomes CiC because REASONS she is then "replicated", because she sure as hell wasn't cloned, in 'High' CAST form, with probably 0 actual physical similarities to the original, with each replication ordered to run a ship. Those 'High' CASTs apparently are so in tune with their human side that they complain they don't have breasts like the size of their progenitor. Further making me question if Ulc is even physiologically stable enough to be in charge of pretty much an entire fleet. When her replicates seem to have been discussing such a thing at length to the point they were demanding to be remolded with bigger breasts despite already knowing how there would be zero chance in such a thing actually happening.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Going to guess anime told/showed that because I don't recall such a thing.

Well for Theodore, don't forget that pretty much the whole mess that happened was primarily because he felt guilty to be appointed as an ARKS even though he doesn't want to fight, where Ulc couldn't get in despite all of her efforts. Theodore in EP1 is also hinted to be a hard worker, as he still accomplishes all of his duties despite utterly hating the job. Actually makes sense to me for him to be a secretary. since his personality pre-EP2 matches that. Still an obvious case of nepotism, but let's let it slide xD

oratank
Nov 28, 2016, 04:40 AM
Xiera are full body artifact why make her boob bigger is zero chance. just make artifact breast like push up bra so she can take it off for deskwok.this way doesn't even need to have Xiao permission at all.i know Uncle Zeig can do it

Zeroem
Nov 28, 2016, 05:45 AM
While subtle, the traitor from the Earth side is most likely to be Ardem. I mean, just from logical standpoint, major Earthling characters that ARKS know(and cooperated with) are Enga, Hitsugi, PSO2:TA characters (by extension), Ardem, and Earth Guide. Enga and Hitsugi definitely are not the mole, Kohri's also not possible to be the mole, Itsuki and co are out of option (also gained nothing from helping Mother Cluster. Hek, I wonder if they actually knew the existence of Mother Cluster at all). That leaves out Earth Guide peeps. And who would be the perfect mole other than Earth Guide leader himself?

(also someone already released the datamined story icons where Ardem and Ophiel stand side-by-side, so yeah. We spoiled the identity of the mole ourselves)

Well, since SEGA are going to start improving people's feeling about Kohri after this story mission, they need another character to be hate-sink. And being rapey is almost the perfect blend to make people hate a character. Especially if the said character share the same seiyuu who voiced the magnificent bastard known as Dio.

loafhero
Nov 28, 2016, 06:19 AM
Well for Theodore, don't forget that pretty much the whole mess that happened was primarily because he felt guilty to be appointed as an ARKS even though he doesn't want to fight, where Ulc couldn't get in despite all of her efforts. Theodore in EP1 is also hinted to be a hard worker, as he still accomplishes all of his duties despite utterly hating the job. Actually makes sense to me for him to be a secretary. since his personality pre-EP2 matches that. Still an obvious case of nepotism, but let's let it slide xD

Actually, rather than a hard-worker, Theo was a natural talent when it came to Technics. Its why Luther scouted him out (just as he "scouted" little Sara for her latent power). Its a reasonable explanation for why someone who lacked motivation for his job (in EP1) could still be so outstanding at it at the same time.

Theo becoming Ulc's secretary also had slight foreshadowing as, in EP3, he helped organized Ulc's daily tasks (because Ulc kept taking on too many tasks at once) and did so very calmly. Those are qualities of a secretary along with the fact that the both of them probably bone a lot

One of my theories is that Theo is, unknowingly, a Casra clone too just like current Casra. It would explain why he was so powerful with Technics and then there's the fact that Theo (as a Newman) kinda resembles Casra.

Chalun-k_x_light
Nov 28, 2016, 06:44 AM
Well, since SEGA are going to start improving people's feeling about Kohri after this story mission, they need another character to be hate-sink. And being rapey is almost the perfect blend to make people hate a character. Especially if the said character share the same seiyuu who voiced the magnificent bastard known as Dio.

Well,somehow it doesn't matter to me at all.Since Kohri chose to be like that from the beginning.Dr.Pervert just made sure that she'll keep it that way.But then again i really wonder if Dr.Pervert is just another "All Bark And No Bite" type,how the hell did he become the commander of the apostle anyway.
Since Aratron is more suit in that position in my opinion.(Well,he's not just a bluff type after all.)

Meteor Weapon
Nov 28, 2016, 07:35 AM
She didn't exactly choose to be that way,every person around her(even Hitsugi herself) pushed her to what she became. You know how easily every angst teenager can be lost/manipulated when there's no one around to help. As much as she got her beating, she didn't really deserve all that bullshit she got, especially Ophiel's Meth-ing.

Well then again I blame the story writing of ep4 for using a teenage angst in the first place. I'm not sure if anyone remembered Kohri was in a similar mental state as Theodore when he went cuckoo lol.

Chalun-k_x_light
Nov 28, 2016, 07:59 AM
She didn't exactly choose to be that way,every person around her(even Hitsugi herself) pushed her to what she became. You know how easily every angst teenager can be lost/manipulated when there's no one around to help. As much as she got her beating, she didn't really deserve all that bullshit she got, especially Ophiel's Meth-ing.

Well then again I blame the story writing of ep4 for using a teenage angst in the first place. I'm not sure if anyone remembered Kohri was in a similar mental state as Theodore when he went cuckoo lol.

Well,she still believe in Mother after seeing what Hagito-Kun was doing just to get Aru.
In the end,she's just thinking about herself. Well,it can't be help since she's just a kid(Well,her head exactly).
She's a part to blame about it.But Dr.Pervert & Mother just made it worse than it should be.

Well,i can't tell that between her and Theodore-Kun who's been in more worse situation.
One thought that his lover has dead and began to blame his weakness.(Even before go with Loser-Chan)And the power he got after being changed into Dewman just made him more crazed.
One thought that her only friend has defected from Mother's order because of Player-Chan(Well,i assume that because she left her with Player-Chan.) and didn't get a proper explanation from her.And the brainwash she got just reinforced the thought that Mother's always right and her thought the she got defected for real.

loafhero
Nov 28, 2016, 08:37 AM
Teenage angst doesn't cut it for Kohri. Its that she's ridiculously stupid even by regular teenage standards and was a blind follower of Mother even before the brainwashing. A lot of hate for her in this thread started of when she sold out Hitsugi to Hagito and then still thought Mother was somehow right. No brainwashing was ever needed then. Kohri was just that stupid. Her character is so grating and unlikable, with or without the brainwashing. I doubt Herbert taking over the demented creep villain role isn't gonna shift my hate from Kohri because at least Herbert has some charisma (in part, thanks to his voice).

At least with Theo, there is decent build up and decent logic to his eventual breakdown starting with relationship troubles with Ulc, Ulc thought to be dead just when Theo was at his happiest, lack of anyone else to help support him during his time of crisis and his sense of guilt crushing him.

Anyway, my comments on [129-C]:

[SPOILER-BOX]- I find it hilariously awkward that so much talking was done between Player, Hitsugi and Enga while Kohri just stood there silent while looking stupid.

- I feel like the reason the Goldrahda's got a noticeable design change unlike the other Esca Darkers is solely because their the only Esca Darkers meant to appear in the CGI cutscene involving the moon.

[/SPOILER-BOX]

oratank
Nov 28, 2016, 08:48 AM
because she start thinking about mother want to kill hitsugi that why she has to brainwashed, isn't it?

Chalun-k_x_light
Nov 28, 2016, 08:56 AM
Teenage angst doesn't cut it for Kohri. Its that she's ridiculously stupid even by regular teenage standards and was a blind follower of Mother even before the brainwashing. A lot of hate for her in this thread started of when she sold out Hitsugi to Hagito and then still thought Mother was somehow right. No brainwashing was ever needed then. Kohri was just that stupid. Her character is so grating and unlikable, with or without the brainwashing. I doubt Herbert taking over the demented creep villain role isn't gonna shift my hate from Kohri because at least Herbert has some charisma (in part, thanks to his voice).

At least with Theo, there is decent build up and decent logic to his eventual breakdown starting with relationship troubles with Ulc, Ulc thought to be dead just when Theo was at his happiest, and lack of anyone else to help support him during his time of crisis.

Well,i agreed with you about this.That's why i said that even knowing that she's been under controlled of Dr.Pervert.It's just doesn't change my thoughts of her at all.
My thoughts about her are "Childish Stupid & Loyal Fool"
Her childish personality just annoy me so much that i have to skip the cutscene whenever she appears.

oratank
Nov 28, 2016, 10:59 AM
do we need pass new story mode to meet esca ragne?

http://futalog.com/pic_d/l/161126/19707152964801.jpg

Kondibon
Nov 28, 2016, 11:05 AM
At least with Theo, there is decent build up and decent logic to his eventual breakdown starting with relationship troubles with Ulc, Ulc thought to be dead just when Theo was at his happiest, lack of anyone else to help support him during his time of crisis and his sense of guilt crushing him.
Don't forget Luther basically encouraging him to take advantage of it. Overall I liked Theo's thing way more than Khori. There just hasn't been a decent explanation for how she acted before. I mean. The fact that she believed someone she didn't know about her best friend being... whatever Hagito said. Like, she barely even questioned it. It's like if you caught a cop attacking your friend, the cop said they're a terrorist, and your response was to tell your friend to turn them self in so they can do their time without even asking why the cop thinks that.

Shinamori
Nov 28, 2016, 01:37 PM
do we need pass new story mode to meet esca ragne?

http://futalog.com/pic_d/l/161126/19707152964801.jpg
Yep...

IchijinKali
Nov 28, 2016, 07:13 PM
Not really a translation but Kazen decided to post a video of them fighting XH variant of Esca Decol. In short meh I saw nothing that makes it a bigger "threat" than the original.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-6uIkb41gw

loafhero
Nov 28, 2016, 08:01 PM
Don't forget Luther basically encouraging him to take advantage of it.

I've always liked Luther's "deal with the devil" thing he had going. He may have been a prick, but it can't be denied that he was really good with words.

Also, Theo's boss fight was like WAY better than Kohri. I mean, Theo telegraphs his attacks too but at least they were harder to dodge/just guard. Kohri's winds up her attacks a little too long.

Zysets
Nov 28, 2016, 09:57 PM
Luther is my absolute favorite character in PSO2, I hope he's still alive within the Profound Darkness. Also with ESCA Loser and all that being datamined, I'd be glad if that means we get to see him even for one scene.

Chalun-k_x_light
Nov 28, 2016, 11:03 PM
I've always liked Luther's "deal with the devil" thing he had going. He may have been a prick, but it can't be denied that he was really good with words.

Also, Theo's boss fight was like WAY better than Kohri. I mean, Theo telegraphs his attacks too but at least they were harder to dodge/just guard. Kohri's winds up her attacks a little too long.

Maybe Sega really try to suggest that she's physically weak.Wielding a big sword like that and only one hit per attack.No combo at all I'll say.
The main reason that she overpowered Hitsugi in the 1st time is because of Hitsugi's unwillingness to fight her.

Luther is very good with his words indeed.He can control Theodore-Kun completely with just that.Unlike Dr.Pervert who need to use his power to keep Kohri under his control.

silo1991
Nov 28, 2016, 11:33 PM
esca ragne oh my word :O i hope he is not a reskin just like ESCA decol because that mini boss ,esca boxes , esca dagasha and esca vidos doesnt have any diference with their original counterparts :/

Anduril
Nov 28, 2016, 11:44 PM
esca ragne oh my word :O i hope he is not a reskin just like ESCA decol because that mini boss ,esca boxes , esca dagasha and esca vidos doesnt have any diference with their original counterparts :/

I saw a video of it, and it looks like there are a couple of differences: it shoots out a web wall in front of it (like a darker wall in TD), and it only falls when all four legs are broken.

EDIT: Found it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GubGoRhgjTU

IchijinKali
Nov 29, 2016, 12:07 AM
I saw a video of it, and it looks like there are a couple of differences: it shoots out a web wall in front of it (like a darker wall in TD), and it only falls when all four legs are broken.

EDIT: Found it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GubGoRhgjTU

So he has nothing worth noting as a stand out from the original. The wall was circumvented by them jumping over it but it also seems to only have a standing time of like 10 seconds and he really didn't take advantage of that wall besides throwing discs at them.

The potential to give a full paralysis.

And the leg thing which when I see people fighting Ragne the legs are rarely targeted unless it is a TD, and only if to stop him from damaging the tower.

So like Decol no change in strategy.

loafhero
Nov 29, 2016, 01:56 AM
I kinda like how when you break one leg, Esca Ragne looks like its about to fall like the original but then goes all "Nope". It seems that its web wall ability works best for Tokyo because of its narrow paths surrounded by walls (the buildings). I also think the white blue color scheme looks really good for Esca Ragne.

Maybe Sega really try to suggest that she's physically weak.Wielding a big sword like that and only one hit per attack.No combo at all I'll say.

Well, I guess that's what you get when a dumb highschool pervert tries to imitate Dark Soul's Artorias (who also wields a giant sword with one-hand and also tends to drag it around)

I am sort of jealous of her unique Sword PAs (or rather, Aether Arts/AA), particularly her Rising Edge. It reminds me a lot of Guilty Gear's Sol Badguy's signature attack, the Gun Flame which launches quick bursts of flames moving forward (like Kohri's but hers are ice spikes) like so:

Here's hoping that we get a crafted Rising Edge (not the PvP-only one that we're getting later) that launches Photon beams.

Zysets
Nov 29, 2016, 02:09 AM
I am sort of jealous of her unique Sword PAs (or rather, Aether Arts/AA), particularly her Rising Edge. It reminds me a lot of Guilty Gear's Sol Badguy's signature attack, the Gun Flame which launches quick bursts of flames moving forward (like Kohri's but hers are ice spikes) like so:

Here's hoping that we get a crafted Rising Edge (not the PvP-only one that we're getting later) that launches Photon beams.

As a Sol Badguy main for 11+ years in Guilty Gear, and owning all the Sol cosmetic items on my alt character, I would LOVE to have a move like that as a PA. Definitely, I'll probably be way too excited to use it effectively.

arnd
Nov 29, 2016, 03:48 AM
It's a little bit ironic that the new Ragne uses lightning, even though it was a six-year gap between ESCA Ragne and pre-alpha Ragne.

loafhero
Dec 1, 2016, 01:23 AM
Seeing that Patty and Tea cutscene again and their talk about wanting to receive a special title, I so hope that their characters are brought into the upcoming Battle Arena as sports commentators and announcers. I can't think of any other characters that would do a sports commentating/announcing parody as well as these two.

Just imagine Patty yelling out something like "Double Kill!", "Triple Kill", or "Kilimanjaro" each time a player scores and Tea retorting that most of what Patty says is stupid :-D

Meteor Weapon
Dec 1, 2016, 08:12 AM
I don't really think Patty and Tea is worthy enough at the moment to gain the Guardian title atm, I mean even Tea knew very well both are not fit and didn't really think about it. She just wanted Patty to stop pestering lol. We already have the Intelligence Unit for that and Patty and Tea fit more in there.

Not to mention to gain the Guardian title, an ARKS Ops need to be both a massive game changer to the Oracle History and be stupidly strong.

If they do get the Guardian title then they'd better get it in a legit hardworking way, not being an asspull out of nowhere like what Itsuki did( he didn't get any of that title, but that's just an example)

Zysets
Dec 1, 2016, 10:40 AM
Are you talking about Itsuki getting his weapon like Hitsugi? Or the friendship laser sword deal. I feel like they at least showed that he was surprisingly good at the game despite not playing it before. I'm surprised they didn't just recycle Itsuki and Rina in the story, actually.

Zanverse
Dec 1, 2016, 01:49 PM
Someone refresh my memory a bit; did Itsuki get banned from entering ORACLE, which is why he's not around anymore? It would've been cool to at least see him on Earth, and maybe find a way to have him and Hitsugi interact with each other, unless ORACLE completely wiped out his memory.

ShinMegamiSensei
Dec 1, 2016, 04:05 PM
He has visited ARKS lobby in character form along with Rina but they aren't able to enter their own bodies into pso2 anymore. Having the Itsuki awakened partner card really clashes with that, but it's probably just an anime promo without thinking about what's canon or not.

Tymek
Dec 1, 2016, 05:34 PM
Having the Itsuki awakened partner card really clashes with that

Not really.
Prior to his transformation, his character transformed into his Awakened state temporarily while in-game. Aika was the one that made note of it, as he himself hadn't even noticed somehow.
Not that anyone would remember since the anime is not memorable at all.

speaking of which; it seems they made that anime music Pattientia's main theme. It was playing in their VD too.

loafhero
Dec 1, 2016, 07:38 PM
Are you talking about Itsuki getting his weapon like Hitsugi? Or the friendship laser sword deal. I feel like they at least showed that he was surprisingly good at the game despite not playing it before.

Being good at the game doesn't really translate to "Friendship laser sword to one shot raid boss". Plus, Itsuki was a mediocre player when playing it through his not-PS Vita or his PC. His only notable accomplishment when playing through his not-PS Vita or PC was beating a VH Rockbear.

As an awakened, his skill is laughably inconsistent. From one-shotting a Vol Dragon (of a difficulty level I don't remember) with an Over End (that functioned like a Kazan Nadeshiko) to barely being able to beat just one Ult trash mob.

I'm surprised they didn't just recycle Itsuki and Rina in the story, actually.

And lets hope they never do. That said, Itsuki and Rina along with the other anime characters with PSO2 characters now often appear in monthly Emergency Quests as random NPCs that can pop out during an event.

Not really.
speaking of which; it seems they made that anime music Pattientia's main theme. It was playing in their VD too.

Fits them perfectly.

Meteor Weapon
Dec 1, 2016, 09:04 PM
Was beating a VH Rockbear.

As an awakened, his skill is laughably inconsistent. From one-shotting a Vol Dragon (of a difficulty level I don't remember) with an Over End (that functioned like a Kazan Nadeshiko) to barely being able to beat just one Ult trash mob.

Hard mode actually.

And lol that was just Rinze Drahda(or probably boosted Goldrahda)

I find it funny he almost got his ass kicked by a boosted Predicahda.

AutumnChronicle
Dec 1, 2016, 10:01 PM
Hard mode actually.

And lol that was just Rinze Drahda(or probably boosted Goldrahda)

I find it funny he almost got his ass kicked by a boosted Predicahda.

And yet somehow he manages to one-shot an awakened version of a boss that would normally take 12 people to do with the help of a photon cannon. Where is our awesome feat of strength, SEGA?!?

Recent storyboard update was a step in the right direction in involving the PC but it's like we're so modest that we don't exert any power at all. We don't even get to do cool jumps like the Council :(

Zysets
Dec 1, 2016, 10:09 PM
And yet somehow he manages to one-shot an awakened version of a boss that would normally take 12 people to do with the help of a photon cannon. Where is our awesome feat of strength, SEGA?!?

Recent storyboard update was a step in the right direction in involving the PC but it's like we're so modest that we don't exert any power at all. We don't even get to do cool jumps like the Council :(

I think the reason the Player is so boring (for lack of a better word), is because they want to avoid giving the Player character too much input and personality, because that would make it weird for players who have a specific idea of what their character is like.

I never felt like Player characters in the Online Phantasy Star games ever had many cool gimmicks or personality traits on their own, they were always more of an extension of the "partner" for that particular story arc (Vivienne, Emilia, Laia, etc.) it's just so much more apparent in PSO2, because it seems like everyone NPC and their dog has some cool power besides "Good at fighting".

loafhero
Dec 1, 2016, 10:29 PM
We don't even get to do cool jumps like the Council :(

Player still managed to outrun Huey anyway in the second Phaleg encounter. Still, it is disappointing that we can't do flashy Kamen Rider jumps like the Council.

Secretary Theo: Hmm, since Player is now on the same power scale as the Council, maybe we should grant Player the ability to jump high like the rest of the Council?

Commander Ulc: That's too expensive! We'll just let Matoi-san hold his/her hand while she flies. That saves more money and we're releasing a new jump skill ring later that's sorta close to what the Council can do so no biggie.

Matoi: YAY!

Player: ... ...

And this brings to mind of this funny little clip:
[SPOILER-BOX]
https://youtu.be/aaP-UzpxdHo

Imagine Superman, Wonder Woman, and Martian Manhunter as any of the Council; Green Lantern and Batman as Matoi and Player respectively and that one villain as Falz Hunar.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Xaeris
Dec 2, 2016, 12:32 AM
Secretary Theo: Hmm, since Player is now on the same power scale as the Council, maybe we should grant Player the ability to jump high like the rest of the Council?

Commander Ulc: That's too expensive! Especially with the Xiera-types clamoring for some kind of "chassis upgrades." We'll just let Matoi-san hold his/her hand while she flies. That saves more money and we're releasing a new jump skill ring later that's sorta close to what the Council can do so no biggie.

Matoi: YAY!

Player: ... ...

In completer detail.

Moffen
Dec 2, 2016, 12:57 AM
Has anyone complained about the really lackluster Phaleg Vs Huey scene that everyone hyped up but eventually amounted to Phaleg getting little more than a slap on the wrist?

Was really hoping for a longer cutscene for that.

IchijinKali
Dec 2, 2016, 01:40 AM
Has anyone complained about the really lackluster Phaleg Vs Huey scene that everyone hyped up but eventually amounted to Phaleg getting little more than a slap on the wrist?

Was really hoping for a longer cutscene for that.

People hyped that o_O
Man you guys hype some weird things. There has never been a good scripted fight scene in this game involving close range fighters. I mean I remember the fight between council members can be easily amounted to the lightsaber duel between Obi-Wan and Vader in A New Hope. Just tapping at each other's swords and alot of talking.

loafhero
Dec 2, 2016, 02:06 AM
Seeing as how Phaleg has been teasing her full power in each of her appearance so far, I'm inclined to believe that the game is saving Phaleg as a boss for a possible EX Chapter.

AutumnChronicle
Dec 2, 2016, 05:31 AM
Player still managed to outrun Huey anyway in the second Phaleg encounter. Still, it is disappointing that we can't do flashy Kamen Rider jumps like the Council.

And this brings to mind of this funny little clip:
[SPOILER-BOX]
https://youtu.be/aaP-UzpxdHo

Imagine Superman, Wonder Woman, and Martian Manhunter as any of the Council; Green Lantern and Batman as Matoi and Player respectively and that one villain as Falz Hunar.[/SPOILER-BOX]

To be perfectly honest, I'd love to see that. Matoi being all excited to do something with the PC while we get all disappointed.

People hyped that o_O
Man you guys hype some weird things. There has never been a good scripted fight scene in this game involving close range fighters. I mean I remember the fight between council members can be easily amounted to the lightsaber duel between Obi-Wan and Vader in A New Hope. Just tapping at each other's swords and alot of talking.

PSU had some really good fights though .___. But yea, that makes PSO2 seriously disappointing in that regard.

loafhero
Dec 3, 2016, 06:49 AM
PSU had some really good fights though .___. But yea, that makes PSO2 seriously disappointing in that regard.

PSU's cutscene fights were better when compared to PSO2's cutscene fights. On its own, though?... Eeeeh, too much spinning around for my tastes.

Zysets
Dec 3, 2016, 01:21 PM
PSU's cutscene fights were better when compared to PSO2's cutscene fights. On its own, though?... Eeeeh, too much spinning around for my tastes.

PSU used actual prerendered video cutscenes a lot, so I guess they weren't limited by the game itself.

I still love the fight between Luke and Vader Ethan and Magashi at the end of Episode 1.

IchijinKali
Dec 3, 2016, 06:00 PM
PSU used actual prerendered video cutscenes a lot, so I guess they weren't limited by the game itself.

I still love the fight between Luke and Vader Ethan and Magashi at the end of Episode 1.

For those of you who never finished Episode 1, because who wants to play as Ethan instead of their own character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HRIjGH-O5o

Zysets
Dec 3, 2016, 07:21 PM
I still love the track that plays in that scene. "The Last Story", the full version is really good, but I don't remember it being used in anything but that scene.

On a side note, I actually like Itsuki as ridiculous and dumb his character was, but jeez even Ethan was a more logical and interesting as a character when compared to him.

ZER0 DX
Dec 3, 2016, 07:28 PM
It got used in the second form Dark Falz fight as well which didn't happen until the end of Episode 3.

Dileth
Dec 4, 2016, 12:17 PM
Alright. Let me get this out of the way: Matoi is going to be impaled again in the next story update.

Meteor Weapon
Dec 4, 2016, 06:55 PM
Matoi's shenanigens wasn't that big in this ep4....i mean lol the big 6 wasn't involved much in EP4. Xiao didn't even make a comment with what's going. PD is probably a much bigger threat than what Mama could ever done.

It's weird that we didn't really give much comment on Harukotan but that's probably because we knew Double was involved and it's ARKS responsibility to act and fix the shit that Double did. Sukunahime is way more interesting than whatever angst Hitsugi could bring up.

Tbh, I don't feel any sense of responsibility when it comes to earth no matter how much explanation they did, it doesn't remove the feel that we were just....there.

IchijinKali
Dec 4, 2016, 07:16 PM
Until that CHILD is an actual threat I've yet to care about her tantrums and the 'damage' her actions cause Earth; we don't live there and besides Enga I hate all the Earthlings we have met. I mean how many people died in that 'assault' on our ships, no exact number just that it was small.

There has yet to be something that just screams we have to stop CHILD at all costs because she only seems to attack Earth so yeah don't care.

loafhero
Dec 4, 2016, 07:28 PM
Alright. Let me get this out of the way: Matoi is going to be impaled again in the next story update.

"Impaled"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Zysets
Dec 4, 2016, 07:46 PM
Tbh, I don't feel any sense of responsibility when it comes to earth no matter how much explanation they did, it doesn't remove the feel that we were just....there.

That's basically what's happened, I don't think anyone besides Xiera and the Player (maybe Matoi?) have any form of relationship with Earthlings, ARKS is basically there to clean up after the Photoners. Same thing happened with Harukotan, Only Matoi and the Player had any relationship with Sukunahime, the rest of ARKS was basically just there to deal with, again, the mess the Photoners left behind.

loafhero
Dec 4, 2016, 09:10 PM
Sukunahime wasn't just an ordinary inhabitant of her planet (unlike Hitsugi). Sukunahime's existence had a huge influence in Harukotan's history and present events. She's the most powerful person on the planet (and one of the most powerful characters in general) yet she has a great sense of humor and charisma to make her an interesting character. Bonus points for having an odd yet endearing mother-and-son relationship with the giant Kotoshiro.

Sukunahime is more of a proactive character instead of a reactive one. While Hitsugi just reacts to whatever shit goes down and just follows whatever people tell her to do (granted, the plot acknowledges that this is a character flaw of Hitsugi but that doesn't make it any better), Sukunahime makes things happen.

Zysets
Dec 5, 2016, 12:00 AM
Sukunahime wasn't just an ordinary inhabitant of her planet (unlike Hitsugi). Sukunahime's existence had a huge influence in Harukotan's history and present events. She's the most powerful person on the planet (and one of the most powerful characters in general) yet she has a great sense of humor and charisma to make her an interesting character. Bonus points for having an odd yet endearing mother-and-son relationship with the giant Kotoshiro.

Sukunahime is more of a proactive character instead of a reactive one. While Hitsugi just reacts to whatever shit goes down and just follows whatever people tell her to do (granted, the plot acknowledges that this is a character flaw of Hitsugi but that doesn't make it any better), Sukunahime makes things happen.

Oh yeah of course, I was just pointing out that ARKS as a whole is really just picking up after their Ancestor's mess, be it Xion clones or Falz, it's only the player and those around them that really get to know the inhabitants of these planets.

Zeroem
Dec 5, 2016, 08:39 AM
For those of you who never finished Episode 1, because who wants to play as Ethan instead of their own character.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HRIjGH-O5o

The JP version, FYI. Because one does not simply watch Magashi's cut-scene without mentioning Wakamoto's voice.

[SPOILER-BOX](No idea how linking YT video at the exact time here, so just skip directly to 8:22 for the same battle scene)

https://youtu.be/0V2fXVb8D-k?t=8m22s[/SPOILER-BOX]
The link version: https://youtu.be/0V2fXVb8D-k?t=8m22s

loafhero
Dec 5, 2016, 08:51 AM
Oh, how I hope Norio Wakamoto gets to voice a villain character in PSO2's Story in the near future.

Vatallus
Dec 5, 2016, 08:52 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QP1aGV_P4o

loafhero
Dec 5, 2016, 09:01 AM
I mean, we already had Freeza (Bethor and Drago Deadlion's VA) in PSO2. Might as well have Cell in the next Episode.

Chalun-k_x_light
Dec 5, 2016, 09:03 AM
You know,when he casted as Xemnas.He really made his sound so melodramatic. LoL

Moffen
Dec 5, 2016, 10:44 AM
I just hope we get to beat the hell out of Hagito purely because he's annoying and so is his Phantom form.
I absolutely love the new XQ but I want to demolish him purely due to his annoying stun attack lmao.

Zeroem
Dec 5, 2016, 10:52 AM
If Wakamoto voiced a villain in PSO2, I'm afraid SEGA would make his character's motivations of being evil is to become a bird (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqZysUY5Mhs). Then again, if SEGA did that, they would (probably) be roasted by Japan.

Zysets
Dec 5, 2016, 12:00 PM
I have actually never heard Wakamoto's Magashi voice before, I played PSU with the dub, and never got around to checking the JP voices (who wants to play Ep1 twice? Right?) It's really good, different from the dub Magashi.

I'd love to see him do a villain in PSO2. I mean Xion clones don't have to be female right? If the story is written correctly, and his voice is as good as ever, he could be really menacing as a Xion clone, unlike a particular angry mom....

Or hell, a totally new villain, I just imagined a Xion clone because there's likely to be many of them out there, and I imagine that's what Sega is going for, but a completely new villain would be awesome!

Meteor Weapon
Dec 5, 2016, 09:44 PM
Bring in the lovecraftians-esque beings and it'll be interesting lmao

loafhero
Dec 6, 2016, 07:28 AM
Bring in the lovecraftians-esque beings and it'll be interesting lmao

Come on, now. I know PSO2 is heavily anime but that's just giving the devs an excuse to include creepy tentacles into the mix... besides the already existing tentacle creatures of Vopar.

Poyonche
Dec 6, 2016, 03:53 PM
Oh boy, can't wait tomorrow, so many questions waiting for an answer.

What is Angry Mom's plan with her Mothership Moon Edition+Profound Darkness Spear-like thingy ?
Will Kohri be an enjoyable and useful character ?
What kind of bitch Erdem is ?
Will we get to punch Ophiel ?
Is Aratron badass ?
Is Matoi going to be impaled (again)?
Are Player and Matoi going to save the world again ?

IchijinKali
Dec 6, 2016, 04:15 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45QgF9Ha7kE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwSts2s4ba4

Kintama
Dec 6, 2016, 06:46 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIibPq6fDjM

Why can't you immediately recognize a shi.. a fairy-tail levels of design character when you see one? You know what fuck it i didn't say anything, i should just stop getting triggered by people putting hopes in hack charas.

Great Pan
Dec 6, 2016, 06:52 PM
I really wished for a dark, gritty, on the edge story in PSO2. Like everyone suffers, or dies, in the end.

starwind75043
Dec 6, 2016, 07:36 PM
I really wished for a dark, gritty, on the edge story in PSO2. Like everyone suffers, or dies, in the end.

i heard they did something similar in nova like that.

Meteor Weapon
Dec 6, 2016, 07:36 PM
Storywise, how would you rate nova compared to pso2's story?

loafhero
Dec 6, 2016, 07:47 PM
Is Matoi going to be impaled (again)?

Preview pics suggest that shes sitting back for the final showdown and will get a side-cutscene with Claris Claes III. Not a problem for me personally as I find Matoi and Claris Claes III's interactions in EP3's EX chapter to be adorable.

Still, its kind of a loss that Matoi might not join in. It would have been a nice callback to when Matoi fought together with Player as a team for the first time in the Mothership while rescuing Xion (this time, its Xiao who might be in danger) just like back in MB2-5.

Renvalt
Dec 6, 2016, 07:59 PM
The JP version, FYI. Because one does not simply watch Magashi's cut-scene without mentioning Wakamoto's voice.

[SPOILER-BOX](No idea how linking YT video at the exact time here, so just skip directly to 8:22 for the same battle scene)

https://youtu.be/0V2fXVb8D-k?t=8m22s[/SPOILER-BOX]
The link version: https://youtu.be/0V2fXVb8D-k?t=8m22s

Sorry, I know this is going to sound so contrasting compared to all the JP voice lovers in this forum, but I actually think the English dub portrayed this particular scene better. Hell, maybe it's just me, but PSU's dub was actually pretty decent (again, that's because I never played the Japanese version).

Perhaps that's why hearing Tanaka Rie as Karen sounds so fucking jarring.

Kintama
Dec 6, 2016, 07:59 PM
Preview pics suggest that shes sitting back for the final showdown and will get a side-cutscene with Claris Claes III. Not a problem for me personally as I find Matoi and Claris Claes III's interactions in EP3's EX chapter to be adorable.

Still, its kind of a loss that Matoi might not join in. It would have been a nice callback to when Matoi fought together with Player as a team for the first time in the Mothership while rescuing Xion (this time, its Xiao who might be in danger) just like back in MB2-5.

Makes sense as she's obviously not the heroine anymore, the new heroine is shitsugi, long as we stay on earth that is, if episode 4 carries on after the tokyo/vegas/mother mediocre events, i'll think on deleting my char for real.

Renvalt
Dec 6, 2016, 08:09 PM
Makes sense as she's obviously not the heroine anymore, the new heroine is shitsugi, long as we stay on earth that is, if episode 4 carries on after the tokyo/vegas/mother mediocre events, i'll think on deleting my char for real.

Well, if the recent appearance of the PSPo universe characters is anything to go by, I'd get to deleting them soon - I feel their presence is an omen that the story will become even shittier.

Zysets
Dec 6, 2016, 08:10 PM
Sorry, I know this is going to sound so contrasting compared to all the JP voice lovers in this forum, but I actually think the English dub portrayed this particular scene better. Hell, maybe it's just me, but PSU's dub was actually pretty decent (again, that's because I never played the Japanese version).

I actually agree with you, and I played both JP and English. PSU is a game where I don't particular like comparing the dub with the original audio, because I honestly enjoy both nearly equally. There's some differences between both, but I really don't think one is better than the other. I think Sega did a really good job with the dub casting, even if it was a bit awkward sometimes.

And honestly, with Karen being one of my top favorite Phantasy Star characters, maybe only rivaled by Alis from the original, I can't even begin to pick between Rie Tanaka or Erin Cahill. Both did a great job playing the role, in my opinion.

Well, if the recent appearance of the PSPo universe characters is anything to go by, I'd get to deleting them soon - I feel their presence is an omen that the story will become even shittier.

How so? They're just celebrating PSU's 10th anniversary with a multipart event. I'd be surprised if they didn't do anything for PSU/PSPo.

loafhero
Dec 6, 2016, 08:13 PM
I can never go back to hearing the PSU dub and its nauseating amounts of awkward grunting sounds after listening to what the original JP voiceover for PSU actually sounds like.

Zysets
Dec 6, 2016, 08:17 PM
The weird grunting was part of what I meant by awkward, but I think the actual voices are good. That's really my only complaint with the PSU dub, that I can remember.

loafhero
Dec 6, 2016, 08:44 PM
Besides the awkward grunting, there's also the delivery of dialogue. Examples; Dub Ethan speaks some of his lines way too fast and the way he says "Why you!" (which he does a lot) is more funny than serious. Dub Karen sounds like she constantly has a blocked nose. Dub Tonio was very grating on the ears.

Dubbed voices I'm okay with were Hyuga and Leo.

I hope to see Hyuga appear in the next PSU collab with cutscenes of him hitting on the younger girls of ARKS. He'd probably get along well with Enga as long as he doesn't hit on Hitsugi (though, it wouldn't be the first time he flirted with a red headed dude's underaged sister)

Would love to see Kohri get slapped again. To this day, watching Hagito slap Kohri in the face (and the hilarious mocap error of Kohri's face flinching in the opposite direction of where Hagito swung his slapping hand) a few chapters back is still so cathartic.

Zysets
Dec 6, 2016, 08:47 PM
Maybe I'm just drowning in PSU nostalgia, I like the dub a lot, oh well.

But yes, I'd love for Hyuga to get an NPC in PSO2, I know for sure Laia is, but I'll be praying for Hyuga, he'd be fun to have around.

Zeroem
Dec 6, 2016, 10:02 PM

It was never my intention to make comparison between dub and original version of PSU. Both version (JP and EN voices) has their strong points and weak ones, just like every other media form who have both original and the localized version. Just like how people prefer dubKamina to japKamina and dubRoxas to japRoxas; while at the same time prefer japDemyx to dubDemyx and japAdd to korAdd.

What I did was just pointing out that "Hey, here's the JP version of the fight." Besides, missing Wakamoto's performance as Magashi is just a shame, really.
(Also to not make idiots who spout, 'PSU is English-voiced and in English? PSO2 in the west when?' pop out and not to confuse people who bought Magashi's voice as of why Wakamoto voiced the line)

Zysets
Dec 6, 2016, 10:19 PM
To move back to PSO2, I just got around to watching 126-C in english(and the rest of the recent update), and I like the parallels to Phantasy Star II a lot. Mother is becoming more machine like, which is obviously the Mother Brain reference there, but I also like that Mother purposely absorbed a Falz and is losing control from what I understand, which is exactly what happened in PSII, Mother Brain was infected by Dark Falz and went nuts.
I got it when I watched it in game, but it really makes a difference to watch it in english, my japanese just isn't good enough yet.

Episode 4 is poorly written, but I love to think of it as a new reimagining of PSII, keeps me interested to see how they redo that game in this.

TheMagickHat77
Dec 6, 2016, 11:55 PM
Just finished reading through this thread for two days, because I'm coming back to PSO2 after a several month hiatus and wanted to catch up on story. Reading the lore insights from everybody was nice, too.

So how far behind am I in the story? Enga just boarded the ARKS ship, he and Hitsugi have their argument, Matoi finds and gives advice, and I think we're about to hit Las Vegas for the first time, for frame of reference.

Alenoir
Dec 7, 2016, 12:15 AM
So how far behind am I in the story? Enga just boarded the ARKS ship, he and Hitsugi have their argument, Matoi finds and gives advice, and I think we're about to hit Las Vegas for the first time, for frame of reference.

You can probably catch up in 2 to 3 hours if you spend time reading text and have no trouble dropping things in story quest.

IchijinKali
Dec 7, 2016, 12:17 AM
Just finished reading through this thread for two days, because I'm coming back to PSO2 after a several month hiatus and wanted to catch up on story. Reading the lore insights from everybody was nice, too.

Lets see. 1 kidnapping, 2 rescue, 3 rehabilitate, so yeah you are behind by only 3 story missions going by the 'Matoi gives advice'. 4 if you want to count the Huey mission but its not required.

Just watch Kazen's translations to see what is coming up while you wait for maint to end or want to just kill some time.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAx8N8-oeCkQzAZoW2Ll0-Q

TheMagickHat77
Dec 7, 2016, 01:00 AM
I usually do read text, or at least as much as I can since my Japanese is weak, and I usually try to do everything. I don't usually mind taking a long time, though, and I'm actually having fun with EP. 4 so far, despite the clear and present gripe material in the storytelling.

Lets see. 1 kidnapping, 2 rescue, 3 rehabilitate, so yeah you are behind by only 3 story missions going by the 'Matoi gives advice'. 4 if you want to count the Huey mission but its not required.

Just watch Kazen's translations to see what is coming up while you wait for maint to end or want to just kill some time.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAx8N8-oeCkQzAZoW2Ll0-Q

Thanks, I'll do that. From what I've read, everyone here regards his work highly.

loafhero
Dec 7, 2016, 02:05 AM
From what I've read, everyone here regards his work highly.

Well, by default of being the only one providing quick and convenient translations for EP4. I'm still grateful for it, though.

Zeroem
Dec 7, 2016, 03:11 AM
Well, by default of being the only one providing quick and convenient translations for EP4. I'm still grateful for it, though.

More like 'professional' translation tho, because if you want a quick translation, DIY is way faster.
Even with Google Translate, should be clear enough to get the gist of the dialogue.

Anyway, ugh, why the first node have the video form?

mickbis
Dec 7, 2016, 03:47 AM
The music during first Ardem node in today story update really really giveaway his intention ...

loafhero
Dec 7, 2016, 03:53 AM
More like 'professional' translation tho

That too.

Double points for being Youtube vids which makes it possible to move through or repeat particular points of the cutscene at your own leisure instead of having to watch the entire scene again through the actual game. Only downside about Kazanboshi translations is that they don't do alternate dialogue scenes (even though most cutscenes don't really have NPCs changing their response) but its not much of a problem since you can just post a comment in a Kazan translated cutscene vid asking what the alternate response is and Kazanboshi is most likely to give an answer.

Zeroem
Dec 7, 2016, 04:15 AM
Alright, 136-C and 137-C for starters.
Usual reminder from mine. Raw, amateur, quick translation. Read it with grain of salt, or wait for certain YT site.

136-C
[SPOILER-BOX]
- Aratron is looking for Mother when EscaDarker pop up inside the notMothership. Aratron suspect it's because that place can be said as the source of Ether.
- Aratron prepare to bash some more Escadarker when the creature destroyed and absorbed back by Mother.
- Aratron reporting the circumstances between Kohri and Ophiel.
- After that, Mother asked Aratron to not stay with her. Aratron reminisced about his first meeting with Mother, 20 years ago.
- Aratron said what Mother did and would do, whether it was a good or bad thing, time would tell.
- Meanwhile........Ardem is back at the office, saying that he cannot make a mistake now that things have moved to the final phase. He need to make a move for evolution and development of humanity
[/SPOILER-BOX]

137-C
[SPOILER-BOX]
- Sierra talked about the massive swarm of EscaDarker's progression to Earth.
- Kohri confirmed that Mother is currently on Moon.
- Kohri also said that the place Hitsugi was pretty much disposable facility. Mother's location is somewhere else.
- Enga noted the difference in Earth Guide's intel, and Kohri quickly apologized. Enga just scoffed and said that there are others she need to apologize.
- Kohri apologized to ARKS, Xiela said it's fine. Kohri insisted that she need to be punished. Xiela quickly left the decision to you while Kohri was rambling about her punishment.
- Kohri want to be punished, but do not want the punishment to be hurt all the time. Kohri's idea of punishment also include being a maid and paying with her body (while also plead Hitsugi to not looking at her). Xiela just said that Kohri reminded her of Hitsugi when she first came. Hitsugi said to not make her remember of that.
- 2 options here, I pick the lower one. (Support Hitsugi)
- Kohri's confused, Enga just said that he need a break and someone to look after Hitsugi. Hitsugi asked Kohri to follow her properly, and Kohri said yes. Multiple times.
- Xiela said that now the destination and the purpose is set, she asked everyone to gather their energy until the operation.
[/SPOILER-BOX]

mickbis
Dec 7, 2016, 04:37 AM
Just finished the long story quest
beware this quest final boss .
overall I think its stage is a bit shorter than EP2 but the difficulty is there indeed

The twisted at the end .with Ardem and Ophiel is expected from the leaked but really got me

Shinamori
Dec 7, 2016, 04:56 AM
I'm really upset at that twist.

Chalun-k_x_light
Dec 7, 2016, 05:36 AM
Well,i already expected that so not really surprise that much.
Ophiel being the spy from Earth-Guide and Adem being the one Player-Chan should deal with in the end.
Somehow,i kinda hope that Mother should get back to arks and learn about life more now that she finally let go of her hatred.(But sega sure thinks otherwise.)
Also didn't expect Phaleg to showup though.

mickbis
Dec 7, 2016, 06:47 AM
Phaleg might already know what going on behind scene so she going around wrecking Earth Guide in Las Vegas along with Phantom.. I would like to know what she said after the duel between her and Ardem

Kintama
Dec 7, 2016, 07:01 AM
The quest itself was litterally streamlined, also shorter, blue mothership, expected that much from sega anyway.. the quest itself wasn't any difficult, well of course not at level 70, barely saw any mother attack as she died in seconds.

Now for the good stuff, the player-chan and matoi choregraphy was good during the sealing scene, and that twist kill was brutal, so props to the culprit.

Gestriden
Dec 7, 2016, 07:35 AM
The upcoming EQ feels so disconnected from the story now because of this update it kinda feels super lame. Like REALLY disappointed in that.

loafhero
Dec 7, 2016, 07:37 AM
Before I go for the long combat quest in the Mothership, I just gotta say that I love the cutscenes involving the Oracle NPCs. I've said it before quite a few times now but the cutscenes involving the Oracle NPCs we've known for quite a while now are the real high points of EP4's Story.

D-Inferno
Dec 7, 2016, 07:39 AM
Looks like the upcoming EQ isn't the finale of Ep4...

Kintama
Dec 7, 2016, 07:47 AM
The upcoming EQ feels so disconnected from the story now because of this update it kinda feels super lame. Like REALLY disappointed in that.

That and we didn't get any explication as to how and why it happens in the first place, it just feels like sega just pressed the spawn button :x

Vatallus
Dec 7, 2016, 07:52 AM
Images.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://imgur.com/a/0BKXa[/SPOILER-BOX]

Zeroem
Dec 7, 2016, 08:02 AM
After resolving with the sudden lag, finally I can finished the story mission. We got the spy, not the one we wanted (and expected) tho.
I guess we're going to stay in Earth for a little while longer. SEGA writer finally surprise us with something.

Anyway, gonna work on the text shortly. Too many video format.

loafhero
Dec 7, 2016, 08:39 AM
Finally! A proper Player and Matoi tag team display! Watching Matoi run at high speeds (while still in those super uncomfortable high heels), Player quickly matching Matoi's running speed as if instinctively knowing what to do, dodging Mother arms with the grace of professional figure skaters in perfect sync, and then using Clarissa III's purification power together.

Next thing we know, Player and Matoi become actual professional figure skaters! XD

Suffice to say, struggling through several chapters of highschool bullshit, awkward shotacon pandering, bland protagonists and KOHRI were all DAMN worth it for that triumphant moment of the two Guardians finally in action together. If the next Episode Story has more of that and WAY less of whatever EP4 had before, I will be very pleased.

oratank
Dec 7, 2016, 08:46 AM
matoi scene team up kinda "what?" why she let us fight df alone.did she just finished training with claris?

loafhero
Dec 7, 2016, 08:54 AM
matoi scene team up kinda "what?" why she let us fight df alone.did she just finished training with claris?

She's obviously just trying to repay Player's fashionably late heroic entrance a few chapters back by making her own fashionably late heroic entrance.