PDA

View Full Version : Guide Summoner Q&A: Beginner Guide and General Info. Maron/Melon, Rappy info dump at bottom

Pages : [1] 2

TaigaUC
Jan 28, 2016, 03:48 AM
Thought I'd throw this together to answer basic questions and get people started.
Trying to compile information so people don't need to search through a billion threads.

Note that it's still early and everyone's still learning Summoner.
Some of this info may be incorrect or incomplete.

Recent updates:
- Went through the guide and rewrote a bunch of stuff, fixed many errors and added info here and there.
- Shuffled the order of some stuff, moved some questions into different categories.
- Added a few new things here and there, clarifying which attacks/candies are good to use, etc.
- Added a Quick Start Guide for people who can't be bothered reading through the Q&A.
- Added a palette setup example to the Setting Up section.
- Corrected error about Candy Remover.
- Added Candy Box examples.
- Edited Quick Start Guide.
- Added info about compressed candy being bound to you.
- Added mechanics Q&A translations from swiki.
- Added info about how to search for rarer eggs.
- Added info about units.
- Added a few tips on how to play.
- Added info regarding Summoner as Friend Partner.
- Added clarification of the subclass EXP skill.
- Replaced the Summoner main skill tree links with English links.

Old updates:
- Added PSO2ES info.
- Added high-grade candy info.
- Added maximum level per rarity info.
- Added pet personalities.
- Added pet attacks.
- Corrected method to increase pet rarity.
- Corrected info about candies supposedly breaking.
- Specified that lock-on can be used to target specific enemies.
- Added clarifications about pet and pet name visibility to other players.
- Added PSo2ES chip info.
- Added info about moving candies within box.
- Added info on how to change pet personality.
- Added info about limits of each candy type.
- Clarified info about removing different kinds of blocks from the candy box.
- Added info about maximum bonus stats and rarity.
- A few other corrections and additional clarifications here and there.
- Clarified that pets are bound to character.
- Added more info about pet attacks.
- Added a sample skill tree.
- Added info on how to delete pet.
- Added note about not being able to use two of the same Parfait.
- Clarified ability to change personality using same level rarity.
- Added some clarification, info and suggestions on which stat to focus on.
- Added info about changing personality not resetting level.
- Added recommendation to decide on personality before going above rarity 9.
- Added some clarification on pet damage calculations.
- Added title reward parfait and roll info.

Quick Start Guide:
Q. I don't have time to read all these Q&As, just tell me what to do to get Summoner up and running.
0. You can try Selphea's guide instead: http://www.fulldive.nu/2016/02/08/summoner-guide-pt-3-gearing-and-raising-pets/
1. Decide on a subclass. Braver and Gunner seem best. Fighter is decent. Techer and Bouncer if you intend to get rainbow element pets. You may want ro decide based on existing units/Mag (attack stat).
2. Do Pietro's starter orders to get a few items for free.
3. Starting Wanda should be light element. Buy a Super Sunny personality egg (and a rank 9 egg if you need to) and upgrade Pet personality+rarity.
4. Buy light element Torimu and Sarii eggs at rarity 7. Find Super Persistent and Super Brisk eggs of rarity 7 or 8 (9 is too rare/expensive) and then upgrade personality+rarity as with Wanda.
5. Get yourself good pancakes to increase element. Which one depends on how rich you are. I went with rank 2 x2. Slap those into the Candy Box immediately.
6. If you can afford to, remove all Caramel Blocks on your pet Candy Boxes. It'll be a total of 64 cubes for each pet.
7. Use collected or bought/exchanged candy to fill your Candy Box. Depending on your main attack stat, you'll want to put in an attack stat cookie or two. Those add about 35 attack each.
8. Use this as an example for setting up Candy Box (http://puu.sh/mUsOD/9edfe50b3f.png). Feel free to interchange with defensive stuff if necessary.
9. Get these skills (http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php?11yNbxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIo bxIo0jdodBIb000000000doIn0000000jdoib0000000fdo000 0000Io00000000ioIn00000000IbIo4Ni2jJkIhGAcK000006d oIb0000000lodBIbGFrBGFqobsHnik0000j). Priority: preferred stat switch > All Attack Bonus > Point Assist (at least 5 points) > Support Fire > all the Sympathy skills > Attack High Up, Pet Element skills, Alter Ego.
10. Always keep Point Assist up. Use Torimu Stab or Sari Chaser/Territory/Plode to kill everything. Torimu Shout before PAs, and Torimu Spiral for static/stunned bosses. Wanda if your other pets die.
11. Feed your pets as often as you can. Get them to max level ASAP. Don't worry about bonus stats, you can always do that later.
12. You should now have a decent Summoner starter setup. Enjoy! Keep any "super" personality eggs to sell on My Shop later.
13. As you grind parfaits and get your pets to level 80 (rarity 10 required) you can get some good parfaits and rolls from titles.
[/spoiler-box]

Introduction:
Q. What is Summoner?
A new class implemented in episode 4. See here (http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-episode-4-reveals-summoner-class-and-planet-earth) for details.

Q. Sounds good. How do I try it out?
Simply select Summoner as your class.

Q. I can't seem to select Summoner on PSO2ES?
Summoner isn't supported on PSO2ES right now.
However, you can use chips to feed pets. See the Pet Care section for more details.

Q. Is Summoner a viable subclass? Can I use pets as a different main?
No, Summoner skills are lacking in damage. Also, pets are main class only. Yes, it's stupid.
That's why Summoner has a (crappy) skill to increase subclass EXP gain.
Note that the Tact is also main only, and cannot be extended.

Q. Is the subclass EXP gain skill good? Can I use it to get to level 75 on subclass?
No, the gain is only during Quests, and only double the default (ie. 20% gain instead of 10%)
It also has no effect once subclass reaches level 55 (the maximum limit for subclass EXP gain).

Q. Okay, I'm Summoner. What now?
Talk to Pietro, standing next to Echo near the Class Counter.
He will give you some basic tutorials, orders, and goodies.

Q. How do I get a pet?
Pietro will give you a starting Wanda egg.

Q. What about Torim and Sari?
They can drop as rare eggs. You can also buy them from player shops.

Q. Are pets shared with all characters on my account?
No, they're bound to the character you use them on. Just like with Mags.

Q. Can I have the same pet multiple times?
Yes. Just be aware that you can't switch out pets from the palette without losing all configured PAs on that palette.
Meaning you can't replace dead pets easily. You need to have multiple palettes with different pets prepared beforehand.

Q. So if I only use Torimu, I could have 6 different Torimus for each weapon slot?
Yes. This means that even if one of your Torimus gets knocked unconscious, you can just switch to another Torimu on a different slot.

Q. How many pets can I have?
10 pets maximum. Note that they will likely add new pets later, so don't just use up all the slots.

Q. Is Summoner a good Friend Partner class?
No. Friend Partner Summoner's bot will die almost immediately, and hit for very poor damage.
They don't even seem to use PAs. The bot will also not switch pets if the initial pet gets knocked out.

Q. Can I trade pet related items?
Yes. But there are limitations. 10 star and above pets are bound.
Some candies also cannot be traded. Note that compressing Candy will bound it to you.

Q. Can other people see my pets?
In quest, yes. Not in the lobby. Just like with Mags.

Q. I spent ages coming up with an awesome name! Can others see it?!
No. Not at all. Not even in quests, and not even party members can see it.
Extremely lame, I know.

Q. English Patch is broken. Can you translate the menus?
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231952

Q. Can you explain the stuff on the Summoner Skill Tree?

[spoiler-box]
http://i.imgur.com/WhRzNcO.png
[/spoiler-box]
[/spoiler-box]

Setting Up:
[spoiler-box]Q. What Skills should I get? Can you recommend a Skill Tree?
Now that I'm somewhat familiar with the class and mechanics, I'd recommend something like this. (http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php?11yNbxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIo bxIo0jdodBIb000000000doIn0000000jdoib0000000fdo000 0000Io00000000ioIn00000000IbIo4Ni2jJkIhGAcK000006d oIb0000000lodBIbGFrBGFqobsHnik0000j)
Feel free to move some points between skills.

Q. How about a Skill Tree for Summoner as a subclass?
Don't know why you'd want to do that, but maybe something like this:
http://pso2skillsimulator.com/simulator/?code=8c9.8gV.8iB.8np.8qF.8x5.8BV.8K6.8Nd.8OW.8Qr. 8Sa.8TF.8Vo.9*0-4*0

Q. What units are good for Summoner?
If you already have a good unit set, then that's fine. Just make sure you get the Switch skill that corresponds to your main attack stat.
If you don't already have a good unit set, then Saiki is still the best. Drops from Gunne Ginnegam, or can be bought from player stores using 11 star unit trade passes.
Alternatively, do Zieg's orders and grab one of his unit sets. They are pretty decent. Only problem is you won't be able to sell them off afterwards.

Q. Are there any better Tacts?
Currently, there is only the default Tact. You can grind it to +10, but it doesn't affect pet damage.
You cannot affix or increase its element (it has none).

Q. The default Tact looks awful, and camos are too expensive. Any other options?
If you have Ragol Memories (distributed by SEGA via various campaigns) you can exchange 3 memories for a C.A.R.D. Tact camo.
Simply visit the badge/memory exchange shop, and you can exchange it there.

Q. What subclass is best for Summoner?
Still currently disputed. I'll list them in order of most recommended/popular:
Braver: Generally safest and most reliable. Attack Advance increases regular damage by a lot. There aren't many charged-based skills, so be mindful of that.
Gunner: Benefits from PP regeneration, Chain Trigger, etc. Does not benefit from Zero Range.
Fighter: Highest damage, but unreliable due to stance. PP regen issues.
Techer: Good support skills, and good damage if you have a rainbow set of pets for each element.
Bouncer: Like Techer, good for rainbow element setups.
Force: Not recommended. Does not benefit from most skills.
Ranger: Not recommended. Does not benefit from most skills.
[/quote]

Q. Which stat does pet damage scale from?
Summoner scales from T-ATK stat by default. All pets also scale from T-ATK by default.
However, there are skills that allow you to switch the main stat to R-ATK or S-ATK.
These only cost 1 skill point, and need to be activated like a stance.
They are basically the same as the Bouncer S-ATK switch skill.
Note that these skills will deactivate whenever you change quests. Very irritating.

Q. So which stat is the best then?
It depends on what sub, what Mag stats and what skills you have.
For example, if you are using Fighter sub with lots of +S-ATK skills and an S-ATK Mag, then S-ATK switch may be best.
If you're using Gunner sub, with lots of +R-ATK skills and an R-ATK mag, then R-ATK switch would probably be best.
I've also heard that R-ATK is best for Braver sub, but I forget why. I'm sure Braver would also work with S-ATK.
Note that these are for BEST setups. You can still be decently viable using whatever you have available.
Summoner is designed to work with any main attack stat setup.

Q. What kind of Mag do I need for Summoner?
If you get the Switch skills, you can use any ATK stat mag.

Q. Which pets are good for what situation?
Wanda is a general purpose pet. Is quite durable, but startup time on each attack is kinda slow. So-so AOE. Least popular pet right now.
Torim is fast and hits hard, but dies easily. The best pet, as long as it's not dead. So-so AOE. Has a boss killer attack that takes forever to charge, but hits for HUGE damage if successful.
Sari can stay safe by your side, throwing magic from afar. Decent AOE. Has some support abilities, such as ranged vacuum attack and enemy debuff.

Q. Pets have elements?
Yes, just like weapons. You start at 10, and should try to get it to at least 30 immediately.
Element significantly affects amount of damage dealt.

Q. How do I increase pet element?
Via candy. See the candy section for more details.
Note that you can only have two +element items in the candy box at one time.
It will also cost a lot of Synthesizers to increase element.
If you have lots of EXP cubes, this should be easy. Simply recycle cubes for Synthesizers.

Q. How do I change pet element?
You need to by an element changing item (just like for weapons) and exchange it for element change candy.
It only takes up one slot, but don't forget that once you add it to the box, you won't be able to remove it easily.

Q. How do I change my pet name?
Go to the Pet Lab, and there's an option there.
It costs a small Meseta fee.

Q. How do I get rid of my pet?
You have to deequip it first. Then you can delete it.
I don't know if you can return it to egg form once you've deequipped it.

Q. What are the pet personalities?
See the personality section below.

Q. How do I level up pet personality?
Personality level automatically grows along with the pet.

Q. How do I change pet personality?
When you change pet rarity, you'll get an option to select personality, similar to how you can select potentials.
Note that you need to have an egg of the same rarity or higher.
With this in mind, you should decide on a personality before you upgrade rarity beyond 9, because it will be difficult getting rarer eggs.

Q. Do I have to level up the new personality?
No, it stays at the level your previous personality was at.

Q. Can you recommend a good weapon palette setup?
This is what I am currently using:
1. Wanda: Wanda Shock (AOE), Wanda Slicer (single target) and Wanda Assault (recall).
2. Sari: Sari Chaser (tagging), Sari Fall (ranged enemy gathering) and Sari Territory (ranged AOE/damage over time)
3. Subclass weapon. For example, Katana with Guren Tessen for fast travel. Alternatively, use Il Zonde for travel.
4. Torimu: Torimu Stab (kill everything), Torimu Shout (buff) and Torimu Shoot (recall).
5. Torimu: Torimu Spiral (kill bosses), Torimu Shout (buff) and Torimu Shoot (recall).
6. Gunslash for PP regen or whatever. Alternatively, +EXP/+Lucky Drop weapon.
[/spoiler-box]

Raising Pets:
[spoiler-box]Q. How do pets get new attacks?
They learn a new PA every 20 levels. The rank of these PAs increases as pets level up.

Q. How do pets level up?
You feed them eggs. They do not gain EXP from battle.
The rarer the eggs, the more EXP they get.

Q. Where do I get eggs?
EXP eggs drop randomly in quests.
Rare pet eggs tend to drop from bosses and rare boxes.
You can also get these drops even if you are not Summoner.

Q. Any confirmed locations for good eggs?
10 stars can rarely drop in SH. Other than that, the good stuff drops on XH. It seems that specific locations drop certain pets of high rarities.

Native bosses drop the wonda eggs up to 12* depending on difficulty (13* needs ot be confirmed)
Dragonkin bosses drop the support pet eggs up to 12* depending on difficulty
oceanid and harkotan (and koron?) bosses drop the bird eggs up to 12* etc

Darker bosses seem to drop only candy (and it seems that candy is probably shared between a huge pool of random bosses)

However i've also noticed that darker mobs (Breedha/el arda/predicharda) seem to drop verious 7* eggs

Im not sure about the toyko field or mobs, but i know the XH train boss drops 8/10/13* wonda eggs at least

Q. What do I do with these rare eggs?
If you haven't already done so, you need to identify them as you would for rare weapons.
Rare eggs will have bonus stats and different personalities.
Make sure you don't accidentally scrap eggs with good rarity or personality.
They are usually worth a lot on the player shop, too. 9 star "super" personality eggs seem to be very rare.

Q. I have better version eggs of a particular pet. Do I have to make a new pet?
No, you can use them to increase pet rarity. Don't feed them to your pet.
See the next answer for details.

Q. Can I raise the rarity of my pet without starting a new one?
Yes, by going to the Pet Lab and selecting Increase Pet Rarity.
You will need to have an egg of higher rarity to do this. And some meseta.
WARNING: Don't raise the rarity of your pet above 7-9 until you've decided on a personality, otherwise it'll be a huge pain trying to change it later.

Q. What's the maximum level for pets?
Depends on their rarity. Higher rarity have higher max levels.
Rarity 6 = Lv60
Rarity 7 = Lv65
Rarity 8 = Lv70
Rarity 9 = Lv75
Rarity 10 = Lv85
Etcetra.

Q. Where do I get higher rarity eggs?
Certain bosses drop certain eggs. Higher rarity drops from higher difficulties.
If you want to know what drops where, simply go to the Quest Counter and check the history of quest drops.
If there's a high rarity pet egg, it should show up in the list.

Q. Should I only feed them EXP eggs or try to add bonus stats per level?
You can keep feeding them bonus stats even after they reach maximum level.
So it doesn't really matter. Personally, I'd try to get them to at least level 50 ASAP.

Q. Is there a limit to bonus stats?
The bonus stats seem to be limited based on pet.
Wanda, Torimu, Sari:
HP - 60, 100, 125
S-Atk - 90, 100, 115
R-Atk - 110, 90, 100
T-Atk - 130, 80, 95
Dex - 150, 90, 95

Q. How do I feed pets?
Under pet menu, select your pet and then select feed eggs.
You can also feed them via PSO2ES, using both eggs and chips.

Q. How often can I feed my pet?
There are 5 star-shaped icons indicating how many times you can feed it.
It takes time before these regenerate. The game displays how long.
You can pay AC if you have real money to burn and don't want to wait.

Q. How can I make my pet stronger?
Make sure you've set up their Candy Box with good candies.
Pets also naturally gain stats as they level up.
Feeding them eggs with bonus stats will add to their stats.
You can also feed them PSO2ES chips. Chips above rarity 9 will give bonus stats.

Q. Which PSO2ES chips have what effect when fed to pets?
Fire = S-ATK
Ice = R-ATK
Bolt = T-ATK
Wind = DEX
Light/Dark = HP
Rarity 9 = +1 of the corresponding above stat
Rarity 10 = +2 of the corresponding above stat
Rarity 11 = +3 of the corresponding above stat
Rarity 12 = +4 of the corresponding above stat
[/spoiler-box]

Candy Box:
[spoiler-box]Q. What's candy used for?
Adds bonus stats to pets. Stuff like blow/shot/mind resist, stamina, PP, etc.
Think of it as similar to affixing stats to units, but for pets.
They can also be used to increase or change pet element.
Rarer candies have more unique effects, such as reducing pet downtime.

Q. How do I get candy?
Random candy can drop during battle, as small dark purple candy wrappers.
You can also purchase candy from the new Pet Lab NPC, Ariel.
She sells candy in exchange for grinders and synthesizers.

Q. I want some better candy, but they won't drop for me?
There are some titles given for reaching level 80 on each pet (rarity 10 pet required) as well as compressing parfaits (13 stars).
These titles give some good rolls and parfaits.

Q. Which candies are good?
From Selphea's blog post (http://www.fulldive.nu/2016/01/27/phantasy-summoners-online-2/):

For candies, these seem to be the good ones from the shops:

Pancake – Attribute enhancers from the new pet NPC, Ariel. You get what you pay for. 2800 total Synthesizers for a level 3 Pancake since it requires buying lots of lower level pancakes. Pre-grinded level 3 pancakes can be bought with 5% and 10% attribute enhancers. The rest of Ariel’s stuff seem to be newbie traps.
Megaton Parfait – 18% more damage vs bosses, bought from Mutan, the Challenge Quest NPC. Costs 180k Challenge Miles.
Invincibility Roll (むてきロール) – When Photon Blast Gauge is full, your pet becomes invincible for a while. Costs 50 Kagaseo stones from Earth.
Stability Roll (しっかりロール) – Reduces pet KO’d time. Costs 50 Kagaseo stones from Earth.
Support Roll (おうえんロール) – When Shifta’d or Debanded, pet damage, defense and critical chance increases. Costs 100 Durga and 100 Shiva stones from Magatsu.
Blast Parfait – Pet gets more damage when Photon Blast gauge is full. Costs 60 Ares stones.

The Nab and Lilipa UQ stone candies don’t seem worth the grind for now, but I might revisit this later. Nab UQ candy reduces incoming damage to the pet, Lilipa UQ candy reduces PP consumption during Alter Ego.

I personally picked up a Support Roll and grinded it twice. I can only imagine how big a meseta sink this is going to be.

Q. What candies do you recommend when starting ou?
The first thing you should do is get rank 1 pancakes x2 (+10% element x2) or if you can afford it, rank 2 pancake x2 (+20% element x2).
If you're super rich, just get a +5% or +10% element item and exchange it for a rank 3 pancake.
Depending on your main attack stat, you'll want to put in an attack stat cookie or two. Those add about 35 attack each.
For survival, a resist candy of each type (blow, shoot, mind resist) and a spirita candy. Stamina gumis and defense sandwiches for all the leftover gaps.
You can also get stamina cookies at +100 HP each.

Q. How do I place candy and stuff?
Under pet menu, select your pet and then select Candy Box.
You can "virtually" place candy before finalizing the setup.

Q. It won't let me place candy?
There are limits to the number of candy of each type you can place into a box at once.
These are listed at the bottom of the candy box window. The limits are as follows:
2 Parfaits.
2 Rolls.
3 Cookies.
2 Pancakes.
1 Soda Pop.
1 Crepe.
4 Candy Canes.
5 Sandwiches.
20 Gumdrops.
Note that you also cannot use two of the same type of certain candies (eg. Parfait that gives a specific buff cannot be used twice).

Q. Can I rotate candy?
No.

Q. I can't seem to move the candy after placing it?
If you haven't finalized placement, you can move it by exiting the "insert candy" menu and selecting the "move and erase candy" menu.
It's clunky.

Q. I removed candy temporarily, how do I put it back in?
You have to exit the remove/move candy window and select the "place candy" window. Your "temporarily removed" candy will be highlighted in red on the left menu.

Q. Once I've "finalized" candy position, are they permanently stuck in those slots?
No, you can actually move them within the box. You can't take them out unless you obtain certain items, though.

Q. How do I remove candy? Can candy be re-used?
You can purchase a Candy Erase from the Pet Lab for 10 grinders.
You will lose the erased candy forever.
If you want to re-use candy, you'll need a Candy Remover. These are obtained for 8 AC items in the Recycle Shop.
Note that Candy Remover only removes one piece of candy.

Q. How do I get rid of the brown, grey/black and blue blocks?
Blue ones (Jelly Cubes) vanish at level 50. Grey/black ones (Paper Cubes) cannot be removed.
Brown ones are called "Caramel Cubes". You'll need a Caramel Crusher to remove them.
These can be obtained via the EXPcube exchange shop.
It costs 8 cubes per Caramel Crusher. There will always be 8 Caramel Cubes on any new pet.

Q. What's this about grinding candies?
You can compress them into smaller sizes by grinding them. This allows you to fit more candies into a single box.
Compressing costs grinders and meseta. Price goes up depending on compression level and candy rarity.

Q. I already put the candy inside the box though?
You can compress candies both inside item pack and inside candy box.

Q. I tried grinding a candy and it disappeared?
There are different grinding limits for each piece of candy, and sometimes they disappear from the compress menu list.
They should still be in your inventory. They won't break and disappear.

Q. So what does each type of candy do? Got any details?
Parfait (13 star) = Special Ability (Challenge Miles shop). Default size = 4x4. Max of 2. Max compression = 2x2.
Roll (12 star) = Special Ability (from stone exchange). Default size = 4x2. Max of 2. Max compression = 2x2.
Cookie (9 star) = +Atk. Default size = 3x3. Max of 3. Max compression = 2x2.
Pancake = Increases element. Default size = 4x3. Max of 2. Max compression = 2x2.
Soda Pop = Changes pet element. Default size = 3x3. Max of 1. Max compression = 1x1.
Crepe = Currently unknown. Default size = 4x4. Max of 1. Max compression = 2x2.
Candy Cane (6 star) = +Resist, +Ability. Default size = 1x4 or 4x1. Max of 4. Cannot be compressed.
Sandwich (3 star) = +Def. Default size = 2x1. Max of 5. Cannot be compressed.
Gumdrop (3 star) = +HP. Default size = 1x1. Max of 20. Cannot be compressed.

Q. Can you list more details about candy?
Here's a link to Sp-24's candy description thread:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231972

Q. Any examples of a good Candy box setup?
http://mmoloda.com/pso2/image.php?id=73754

use Torim B over Torim A (good for defenses). I personally went full offense like this:
[spoiler-box]http://puu.sh/mUsOD/9edfe50b3f.png[/spoiler-box]
[/spoiler-box]

How to Play:
[spoiler-box]Q. How do I switch between pets?
You can assign a pet to a Tact weapon palette.
Switching between Tacts with different pets will switch to different pets.
Note that dragging a different pet onto a Tact will reset the palette PAs, even if it's the same kind of pet.
Meaning you can't easily switch live and dead pets out without having to reconfigure.

Q. What should I use where and when?
- Keep Pet Assist up at all times. If you max it out, you can use it every 15 seconds.
- Alter Ego for a damage boost, but only when you're unlikely to get hit. Otherwise you will probably die very quickly.
- Don't forget you can disable Alter Ego if you need to. Simply use it while active to disable it.
- Even if you dodge, pets can still get hit. You can avoid this by changing to a non-pet weapon, which will despawn your pet.
- Torimu is currently the best pet in general, as long as it's not dead.
- Torimu Shout before using Torimu attacks, so that you get a damage buff.
- Torimu Stab annihilates most enemies, even at long distance.
- If you're in position for a boss spawn, or a boss is stunned for at least 6 seconds, you can use Torimu Spiral.
- Sari Chaser for tagging enemies, Sari plode for unloading quick splash damage on enemies.
- Sari Fall for sucking enemies up at range, otherwise just use Zondeel if you're close.
- Sari Territory on enemies that aren't going to move out of its range. Large damage-over-time for as long as your PP pool can sustain it.
- Wanda when your other pets are dead, or if you want the shock stun.

Q. How do I make my pet dodge attacks?
You can't. The only way is to either call them back, or switch to a non-pet weapon to despawn them.
Reportedly, some pet attacks have brief invulnerability windows. If you time them correctly, you may be able to prevent your pet taking damage.

Q. My pet got knocked dizzy. How do I "revive" it?
I don't think you can. You have to wait until it recovers.
Alternatively, switch to another pet.

Q. My pet won't attack the target I want it to?
You may have to use lock-on.

Q. My pet keeps attacking by itself. How do I tell it to stop?
Every pet has a PA that calls them back to your side.
It's usually the third starting PA.

Q. I can't tell where my pets are in combat!
There's a small line linking you to your pet. Yes, it's hard to see.
Your pet may also have a circular crosshair around them.

Q. How can I see my pet's HP?
You have to view the bar above them. There's no health bar on the static GUI.
Alternatively, activate Alter Ego. If you suddenly take huge damage from nothing, then your pet is probably dying or about to die.

Q. Am I supposed to be doing something while my pet is attacking?
If you're not channeling a pet PA, you can cast support Techs.
Tact seems to also deal very limited damage if within range.
You can't use other weapons because switching from Tact will de-summon the pet.
Pets will occasionally call for Resta or Shifta but only if you have Pet Sympathy.

Q. How does Pet Sympathy work?
It temporary buffs your pet. Pets will randomly ask for Shifta, and usually ask for Resta when low on health.
You can increase the request frequency via Skill Tree. Watch for a glowing visual above your pet.
The right side of the visual will indicate which Tech your pet wants, via an icon matching a Tech. It doesn't need to be a charged Tech.
If you successfully placate your pet, the icon will change to a musical note.

Q. Do other players' Techs affect my pets?
Other players can buff and heal your pet, but they won't affect Pet Sympathy.
[/spoiler-box]

Pet Attacks:
[spoiler-box]Wanda:

Wanda Slicer:
Wanda will initiate a low-range double slashing attack.

Wanda Break:
Wanda will spin around. Only hits once, has decent AOE range.

Wanda Assault:
Wanda will hit once and return to the player.
This can be used to recall Wanda, or to send Wanda in a certain direction.
Can also be comboed if you cancel the return motion.

Wanda Shock:
Gained at level 20. Wanda will use an attack similar to Na Zonde. This may be able to knock down enemies like El Ada.
Can also stun.

Wanda Pulsar:
Gained at level 40. Wanda will charge upwards. Seems to apply a debuff that deals damage over time.

Torimu:

Torimu Stab:
Torimu stabs an enemy. Works like the first part of Guren Tessen and puts Torimu on the other side of an enemy if they're small enough.
It also stops instantly once it reaches whatever you have targeted. This is a very popular and effective attack.

Torimu Rush:
Torimu rushes at an enemy.

Torimu Bullet:
Torimu shoots a bullet and then returns to the player. Seems to apply a debuff that deals damage over time.

Torimu Shout:
Gained at level 20. Short-range AOE shout that buffs Torimu's PAs. Does a little damage on its own.

Torimu Spiral:
Gained at level 40. A hard hitting attack. Needs to be charged for 5 full seconds in order to do its max damage.
Does rubbish damage without charge, and so-so damage when half charged.
Note that once Torimu starts charging, it will not move or turn to face a locked-on target.
The attack also gets cancelled if you are hit out of channeling.

Sari:

Sari Fall:
Similar to Gravity Point. Roughly the same suck-in range, and hits 4 times while sucking up enemies.
You can aim it at the floor from a decent distance.

Sari Curse:
Shoots a slow homing projectile that applies Jellen to a target (ie. debuffs target with less attack power debuff).

Sari Plode:
A projectile similar to Na Foie, but difficult to aim (no marker). Hits pretty hard, and has some AOE splash damage.

Sari Chaser:
Gained at level 20. A chain-type magic attack ala Ilmegid or Gizonde. Can knock some enemies down.
The chain range seems to be pretty large. Good for tagging enemies in Mining Base Defense.

Sari Territory:
Gained at level 40. Generates a locked-on force field that damages targets within range.
Range is roughly that of Megiverse. Hold the button to keep the field active, at a cost of PP drain.
Damage increases after a few seconds. You will see the effect becomes larger and brighter.
The attack gets cancelled if you are hit out of channeling.
[/spoiler-box]

Pet Personalities:
[spoiler-box]Wanda:

Likes sunny weather: 晴れ好き
Damage dealt increases when weather is sunny.

Really likes sunny weather: 超晴れ好き
Item drop rate increase, and increased damage when weather is sunny.

Guts: こんじょう
Rare chance to prevent mortal wound, with temporary invulnerability.

Super guts: 超こんじょう
Item drop rate increase, and rare chance to prevent mortal wound, with temporary invulnerability.

Torimu:

Clever: おりこうさん
Increased damage on enemies suffering from debuffs.

Very clever: 超おりこうさん
Item drop rate increase, and increased damage on enemies suffering from debuffs.

Persistent: がんばりや
Photon Art damage and PP consumption increased upon use.

Very persistent: 超がんばりや
Item drop rate increase, and photon Art damage and PP consumption increased upon use.

Sari:

Gentle: やさしい
After a certain period of time, heals previous pet's HP when changing pets.

Very gentle: 超やさしい
Item drop rate increase, and after a certain period of time, heals previous pet's HP when changing pets.

Brisk: てきぱき
Faster PP recovery from attacks.

Very brisk: 超てきぱき
Item drop rate increase, and faster PP recovery from attacks.
[/spoiler-box]

Pet Mechanics:
[spoiler-box]Q. How do pet stats work?
Pets fundamentally use the player's T-ATK, but this can be changed via the S-ATK and R-ATK skills on the Skill Tree.
I can't find information on how the bonus stats (ie. via rare eggs, rare chips and candy) affect damage.

Q. Do pets use the player's HP or defense stats?
Reportedly, no.

Q. What type of damage do pets use?
Their damage does not count as Striking, Ranged or Tech.
It's considered "magic damage". As such, it is calculated via the enemy's "magic defense".
It's important to note that they are not Techs, and don't function like Techs.
More info to come later.

Q. Do pets use their own PP?
No, they use yours. You also regain PP from pets doing normal attacks.

Q. Can pets headshot?
Reportedly, no.

Q. What other stuff affects and does not affect pet damage?
Unit affixes and set bonuses boost pet damage. Mag base stats affect pet damage.
Fighter "Slayer" skills don't seem to affect pet damage.
Grinding the Tact does not do anything to pet damage.
Shifta drink boosts pet damage.
See below for even more info.

Q. Pets have elements?
Yes, just like weapons. They start at 10 and can reach 50. 13 star pets can have up to 60 element.
You can purchase element increasing and changing items from the Pet Lab in exchange for a hefty amount of expensive materials.
An element change item will take up 1 Candy Box slot, so be wary of that.

Q. Do pets use Just Attacks?
You can JA from techs like Resta, etc. However, pet damage does not change even if you JA. You cannot clear Io's JA orders.
There are reports that JA related skills do in fact take effect.

Q. Does Chain Trigger work with pets?
Yes.

Q. Do Stances and damage multiplier skills work on pets? Which ones?
All stances but Fury Stance work. Brave/Wise Stance, Average/Weak Stance.
Gunner's Perfect Keeper, Techer's Elemental Weak Hit also work.
Zero Range and PP slayer do not affect pets.

Q. Is Brave/Wise Stance relative to the player character or the pet?
Reportedly, it is relative to the pet, not the player.

Q. Does Tact grinding affect pet?
No. +0 and +10 = same pet damage.

Q. Do mags and units affect pets?
Yes. Pet damage is influenced as such: "Player's base stats + Mag + unit set bonus + affixes (OP) + drink effects".

Q. If the player is buffed with Shifta, does the pet's damage increase?
No. It needs to be applied to the pet itself.

Q. I can't destroy Bal Lodos' giant attack using turrets.
According to reports, there is a very high chance that pets count as 1 Arks (ie. similar to a player or friend/supoprt partner).
As such, Ringarda's down time, the amount of enemies that spawn, and E Trial clear conditions are very likely influenced by the presence of pets.

Q. How about Extreme Quest "no healing" Stage Order condition?
Only applies to the player. You can heal pets without failing the Stage Order.

Q. How about Extreme Quest "atatck from front/back" conditions?
There are reports that this applies to pets. It likely uses the same mechanics as Brave/Wise Stance.

Q. During the Emergency Trial to rescue Lilipas, do pet attacks hit the Gilnas Arms?
No. Similarly, even if you hit the wrong section of the house toys, it won't count as an incorrect hit.

Q. Regarding Pet Switch Strike/Shoot...
Pet damage is calculated as Tech damage. These skills exist for people who only have a Mag and subclass setup of specific attack type.
For example, fighter with S-ATK maxed via skills and mag, can take advantage of Pet Switch Strike.
Note that it does not allow Fury Stance and Weak Hit Advance to take effect.

Q. Pet auto attack issues...
If an attack command is issued to a pet, the pet will go into attack mode and continue to auto-attack enemies even after the initial target no longer exists.
During this attack mode, if you don't issue an attack command for a certain amount of time, even if the original target is still alive, the pet will stop attacking.
Using the "recall" PAs will also return the pet to you, regardless whether it hits or misses.

Q. Does Fighter's Adrenaline increase pet Shifta time?
Reportedly, no.

Q. Does Fighter's Chase Advance affect pets?
Pet damage isn't considered S-ATK, so the answer is no. However, Chase Advance Plus does affect pets.

Q. Is Wanda Pulsar's sustained damage affected by Fighter's Chase Advance Plus?
Currently unknown.

Q. Does Fighter's PP Slayer increase pet damage?
Reportedly, no. I'm hearing that the other Slayer skills also have no effect.

Q. How about Fighter's Crazy Heart PP regeneration effects?
Natural PP regeneration increases, but PP regeneration from pet attacks does not. It has been confirmed to be a bug.

Q. How about Fighter's Tech JA PP Save?
There are reports that it does take effect when JAing from a Tech such as Resta into a pet PA.

Q. Are pets affected by Braver's Attack Advance?
Reportedly, yes.

Q. Does Braver's Weak Stance increase damage done to enemy elemental weakness?
Reportedly, no. It only takes affect when attacking weak points.

Q. Are Support Fire or Point Assist affected by Braver Weak Stance when attacking parts other than weak points?
Lacking information.

Q. Is Ranger Killing Bonus based on pet or player?
Player.

Q. Is Gunner's Perfect Keeper based on pet or player?
Pet's HP.

Q. Does Gunner's Attack PP Restorate affect pet attacks?
Yes.

Q. Are pets affected by Bouncer fields?
Unknown.

Q. With Bouncer's Shifta Attack Boost, does the player or pet need to be in the air? Or does it not affect either?
Reportedly, it is always in effect. Pet take no damage from standing in lava, so it is assume they are considered flying.
Also, Deband PP Restorate works on pets. Lacking in reports, so feel free to confirm.

Q. For Bouncer's Heal Bonus, doe HP Restorate take effect?
Reportedly, yes.

Q. For Bouncer's Heal Bonus, does Pet Recovery take effect?
Not enough info at this time.

Q. Does Force's Photon Flare increase pet damage?
Reportedly, yes. Photon Flare is an increase in T-ATK, so it may not take effect if using Switch Strike or Shoot.
[/spoiler-box]

Credits:
- Selphea
- LonelyGaruga
- dot_Hacker
- Sp-24
- Dnd
- Kondibon
- nevershootme
- Z-0
- Everyone else on this forum who contributed information.
- JP swiki

If you notice any inconsistencies or think of anything to add, please feel free to post about it.

Unsorted stuff:

Not a lot of people seem to know about the buff effects of Torim Shout so I guess I'll list them here.

Torim Shout buff lasts for 20 seconds
1. +20% damage to Torim Slash
2. +66-67% damage to Torim Bullet(My personal tests seem to indicate that it's 66.67%, so close enough)
3. +150% damage to Torim Spiral

"Hot PAs" eh, almost everything has some use.
For Wanda
Wanda Slicer serves a similar purpose to Katana's Sakura Endo with a bit more AoE but weaker.
Wanda Shock is about Katana's Kanran circular AoE.
Wanda Break is a circular AoE but has less range than Wanda Shock but does more damage if you can get enemies close enough.
Wanda Pulser deals damage throughout time. Worth using this and Wanda Slicer for bosses.
Wanda Assault is just to call your pet back to keep it safe or to buff it for sympathy time.

For Torim
Torim Stab may be used to close a gap and great for spamming for burst damage.
Torim Slash is a PP efficient PA capable of dealing good damage, it's also Torim's only decent AoE for directly dealing damage. The flaw with this PA is that the attack stops if your targeted spot disappears.
Torim Shout should be used for its buffing effects to other PAs. See top of the post.
Torim Bullet is to call your pet just like for Wanda Assault. It's worth using for damaging bosses over time when used with the Shout buff.
Torim Spiral highest damaging PA but requires 5 seconds and piss-poor range, so it's merely a PA to use as things spawn or immobilized for long enough.
For bosses that will most likely not get hit by Torim Spiral, use a mix of Torim Bullet(w/ Shout buff), Stab, and Slash.

I don't touch Sally because ew. I'll let someone more knowledgeable post about that pet.

With Sally too all the PAs have their use.

Sally Curse is just here to apply Jellen, which can be useful in TD when a mini boss is close to a tower and it is starting to hit
Sally Fall is kind of a Gravity Point for bow, hit 4 times, damages aren't that bad even tho it could be better, but it is important for the two following PAs
When enemies are gathered, just spam the shit out of Sally Plode, or Sally Territory, tho this one is taking more time to be op (there is a glitch to cast it w/o PP decreasing).
Sally Chaser is uh... when enemies are far and close to each other, just spam this, it knocks down enemies and ... chase what is close to it.

Actually, I find Sally to be useful in TD quest, it is the support pet afterall.
( I would have liked that Sally Curse applies Jellen and Zalure tho _(:3」∠)_ )

Maron and Melon info dump:

They charge up when hit and have a PA to throw them that makes them explode to deal damage. Maron's is REALLY strong, but Melon's can be used multiple times if you time it right. Melon also revives faster than every other pet. If you leave them at full charge they explode anyway, and if they're near you when they do it damages you too. It won't drop you below 1 hp though. Switching pets makes them lose their charges.

I already explained how their charges work to someone else.

Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
EDIT: alright, yeah, it's based off the number of hits, not the damage and there's 3 charge levels if you include no charge. Melon goes up one charge each time its hit, so it only takes 2 hits to get it to max charge. Maron goes up a charge every 3 hits, so it takes 6 hits to get it to max. Also they only seem to automatically explode at max charge. You can tell they're at max because of the fire effect on them. If they have just the glow then they're only at one charge level.

As for their PAs, they share all of them mechanically, and the only differences are some slight number tweaks. Also 3 of their PAs are alternate versions of other pet PAs

Melon/Maron Shield: lets you use them to block, you're basically invincible from the front until they die or you stop holding down the PA. It costs 5 pp and drains about 1 every 2 seconds, so it's not hard to maintain.

Melon/Maron Strike: You throw them and they explode. Maron's is stronger, and Melon's lets you throw it multiple times if you time it right, though it'll still eventually blow up automatically at full charge either way. Also, they won't explode unless they hit an enemy, so if you throw them at a wall or a non-enemy destructable (boxes, baize, those rocks in forest, etc), they just kinda bounce off. It can be useful for keeping Melon alive since it'll still faint if you hit an enemy with it without continuing the chain.

Melon/Maron Break: Like Wonda break but lower PP cost and no knock down. Melon's is weaker and costs more pp than Maron's though, for some reason (probably because of its higher base attack).

Melon/Maron Chaser: Like Cery chaser but with a higher cost, and the projectile is slower, longer lasting, doesn't knock things down, and is weaker. Because it's slower and lasts longer though it tends to loop around and hit things easier, so it can actually be pretty good to throw out a few if you're using them for mobbing for whatever reason. Again, Melon's is weaker, but the cost is the same.

Melon/Maron Curse: Like Torim Bullet, but has a higher damage notation, and pp cost. [s]I haven't tested it enough to know what the difference is.

EDIT: It tics faster, that seems to be the difference.

Finally they both have the same personalities. やせ我慢 gives them a chance to heal when hit, 逆境 makes them do more damage at low hp, but I don't know what the percent is (JP wiki says 10% at lv3).

And finally, Melon has the highest defense and lowest hp of all the pets; Maron has the highest hp, and second lowest defense.

I remembered the explosions stun enemies too, so stunlocking stuff might be an option for melon. I don't think there's enough content that would be useful for though. It might be good for TD, but getting melon to max charge without dying there might actually be hard. I know it's usful in UQs, but those aren't even relevant ATM.

Also, I joked before the update about 5 Marons and a Torim or Melon being the new SU meta. I actually think it might work for some stuff. >_>

Melon can stun mobs.. but it's range is horrible compared to Wanda shock.

And only the small fry can be stunned in TD, not the Goldrahdas.

In fact, Sega should have introduced status effect modifiers (maybe in a form of candy...)

Either way, I wanna know how good is the Rappy pet..

Go with the damage personality for both. If you need to heal your pet, then you have the ability to call them back with either shield or strike PAs and proceed to use an uncharged resta.

You may also Just Guard with the shield PA.

They won't get charges if you do that though.

But that segues nicely into something else. They DO get charges from hits that proc Pet Photon barrier.

Honestly the justguard from it seems to be what happens if an enemy somehow hits YOU from the front. I have it happen even when I've been guarding for a while If I'm too close to something, turning quickly, or get hit from an angle.

[s]Wouldn't strike resist candy sticks be more useful than gummies on Maron?

Derp, I forgot they're horizontal, not vertical.

EDIT: Oh, and I know that's your Maron, but the revive speed rolls aren't worth it on Melon, it already revives in less than 20 seconds and the revive speed bonus is a percent, you'd be better off with hp cookies or conversion rolls depending on how well you think you can keep the poor thing alive.

http://pso2summoner.wp.xdomain.jp/post-1183/

A site with some Maron Meron Candy Box setup stuff.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag232/altumbra/pso20160310_195600_000_zpsbadjdkam.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Pancake 2
Pancake 3
Hell-bent Parfait
Blast Parfait
Cookie
2 Revive faster rolls
4 Body Sandwiches
Bunch of Stamina Gummies

Maron notes after a month of usage:
For single target, use Curse+Point Assist then Chaser and/or normal attacks.
For multi target, use Chaser.
Don't go out of the way to build up hits on Maron as it does enough damage on its own. Only shield when you really need to or if its a painfully obvious situation you can take advantage of. Other than that, let it get hit on its own and use mirage escape for defense.
Normal Attack recovers 13 > 14 > 15 pp. An enormous amount on top of very high normal attack damage. 2nd and 3rd normal attack hits deal significantly more damage, even more than Torim.
Mixing in normal attacks inbetween PAs can keep your PP pool really healthy. With substitute roll + alter ego, you can consistently land 'normal attack > chaser > normal attack > chaser ...' when you are at single digit pp.
Chaser, Break, and Curse cause Maron to move backwards a bit after usage.
Throwing Maron with Alter Ego does not deal damage to you.
Use Shield to recall, defend, and/or force hits on Maron. Can also be used to get a good look at Maron's size if unsure.
Traps and some stage hazards can be used to build up hits on Maron.
After Maron gets hit 6 times, Maron will be ready to be thrown and will self-destruct in 15 seconds. Self-destruct does not damage enemies, so it is important to recognize how much time you have and act accordingly.
You may benefit from having 2 or 3 Marons, especially if your other pets are not 13-star.

I've been primarily using Maron for the past couple weeks and have been consistently getting top of parser. All parser jokes aside, it looks like it averages around 10mil damage in XH mpas. Most of the time, I don't ever get to throw it at maximum size. The potency of this pet is no mistake. Chaser is the majority of my damage as one chaser can hit single or multiple enemies consecutive times. Due to Maron's high PP recovery, spamming Chaser is easy. Curse + Normal attacks can rack up damage on single targets very well. All-in-all, an extremely versatile pet that offers consistent damage in any situation with ease.

PS: This is as Su/Br or Su/Fi with 12-star Maron.

Bonus note for Melon: Almost everything applies about Melon from above. However, I found its quite efficient to multi-throw Melon at stage 2, but not before throwing a few Chasers or a Curse. Readying Melon to throw again then mirage escaping will allow you to retain your Melon's life, particularly when Melon is at stage 2.

http://i.imgur.com/UjdeR60.jpg

Don't forget to use Point Assist every time its up! (thats every 15 seconds)

So, after using the Rappy for about two hours, I think I have some sufficient data about how it works. I thought it'd be productive to dump everything I know into a guide about Summoners, so here ya go.

Rappy

How to acquire: Deluxe Package ($60~$70)

What's it like?: You know how Wanda is the "mobbing" pet, Trim is the "bossing" pet, and Sari is the "support" pet? Well, Rappy does all of those. He's effectively the "jack of all trades" pet that handles everything pretty well, but isn't too overpowered or anything (*cough*Maron*cough*).

Stats: Low. Like, really low. But you knew that already. HP caps out at low 1400~, ATK caps out at low to mid 600~, not counting bonus stats. DEF is fair; compare to a Maron.

Personality: Super-Early Wake Up -- Reduces Pet KO time for all Pets (and something about Rare Items).

Normal Attack: Two pecks, recovers about 10 PP total. Unlike other normal attacks, Rappy's normal attack doesn't flow into stronger attacks, you just get the two pecks.

Photon Arts:
Rappy Melody: 20 PP, 763 Power at Lv. 17. Weak Resta effect with a weak DOT effect. Resta effect extends to both itself and all allied units, effectively making it the only Pet that can self-heal. DOT deals as much damage as a normal attack; worthless except for taking out low-grade trash.

Rappy Drop: 20 PP, 1530 Power at Lv. 17. Rappy quickly rises into the air then stomps the ground with an AOE effect. Essentially the Rappy version of Wanda/Maron Break, except it costs more and is slightly more potent. Quick execution means that it's very easily spammable as long as PP is left in the bucket. AOE range isn't half-bad as well, allowing you to take out groups within a Step and a half of Rappy.

Rappy Cannon: 15 PP, 1032 Power at Lv. 17. Rappy spawns Rappy Cannons that have a spawn delay, then launch Rappies out that fly towards enemies and explode on contact. Rappy's resident recall PA; using it just once will bring it back to you. As the projectile arcs like an actual rocket, close-range usage is effectively pointless. Damage is rather high, and holding the button will continuously spawn rockets. Will not be effective if anything is between the rocket and the target, since the rocket will explode on contact.

Rappy Sonic: 20 PP, 4401 Power at Lv. 17. Rappy pecks, and if the peck connects, Rappies converge on the point of contact at high speed and deal five hits of damage. Effectively the Rappy version of Trim Rush, except it's a lot less wieldy. The PA will eat your PP regardless of whether the initial peck connects or not, and once it does, the Rappy barrage will not track the target in question, rendering it ineffective against moving targets. However, it makes up for it in high potency, and is wonderfully useful when enemies aren't actively running away from you.

Rappy End: 40 PP, 7777 Power at Lv. 17. Rappy faces the intended target and begins to summon a large stack of Rappies upon itself. When the buttons is depressed, Rappy slams the stack down, dealing huge damage to anyone in direct contact with the tower. Think of it like Trim Spiral, except it's slightly cheaper, substantially faster, and significantly weaker. The effective range is also pretty large. Once charging starts, Rappy's position is locked in, meaning that you had better hope that what you're fighting isn't going to run away within the next second and a half. Damage is rather high as expected, and with a stunned target and enough PP in the pool, you can pull off three Rappy Ends in the time it takes to pull off Trim Shout + fully charged Trim Spiral.

How good is it?: 7/10. Good power and coverage, but PAs are rather slippery to control and stats are low. For a Pet, it's actually pretty balanced, as it's decent in everything, but doesn't excel in anything.

Rehal
Jan 28, 2016, 04:16 AM
I would like to see a video footage of candy getting broken after a failed grind. \. _./

desuchan4432
Jan 28, 2016, 09:44 AM
Thank you for the compilation of information.

But why is Br Weak Stance so weak; are pets unable to hit weak spots due to their typeless damage?

Selphea
Jan 28, 2016, 09:49 AM
It's because it was tested on non-weak mobs. On an actual weak point it should kick in, but what I was trying to look for was whether Weak Stance behavior worked like how techs work i.e. full effect as long as weak element, or like how striking and ranged attacks work, i.e. must hit a weak spot despite elemental weakness.

Also Force and Techer look a bit better than they really are because they were tested on a lowbie, and I took TATK Ups on those classes and didn't turn on any of the Switch skills for other classes.

nguuuquaaa
Jan 28, 2016, 10:00 AM
So, can pet personality level up?

Sp-24
Jan 28, 2016, 10:02 AM
Yes, it does along with the pet.

sadmanex
Jan 28, 2016, 10:27 AM
how to increase pet rarety? pet already max level andalready fed higher rarety egg but nothing happen

Sp-24
Jan 28, 2016, 10:33 AM
You don't feed it a rare egg. You need to go to the shop area to the pet lab and let the woman do her Dudu magic by selecting "Increase Pet Rarity".

TaigaUC
Jan 28, 2016, 10:42 AM
Then I got it wrong. I thought my pet went up in rarity from feeding.
Thanks.

Someone somewhere said levelling pet personality/potential also increases rarity.
Is that a thing or what?

Sp-24
Jan 28, 2016, 10:45 AM
I thought the only way to increase the personality's level was to level up the pet.

TaigaUC
Jan 28, 2016, 11:10 AM
Okay. I haven't messed with personality myself yet.

fuusen_gum
Jan 28, 2016, 11:32 AM
what kind of egg stat should i feed to my pet ? should i just feed it with egg that give t-atk only ? or i can feed it with any egg that have various stat

Sora Yuuki
Jan 28, 2016, 11:48 AM
Is there a cumulative bonus stat cap from the eggs you feed your pet?

FANSean
Jan 28, 2016, 12:55 PM
I would request that you remove the part in the Candy QA about the Candies breaking, I have seen no such instance of them breaking.

The misconception is caused by three things:
1) When max grind is attained, it uses a poorly thought out sound effect that resembles a 'wacky failure' effect
2) When max grind is attained, the item disappears from the list (Though frankly, a friend and I argued that's a feature everything grindable should have had to reduce clutter)
3) The candies have different individual grind limits that people are still working out.

But I have still been able to use things I grinded even after the message that people mistook for the critical failure message. I've seen only one unmistakable failure and the candy didn't break from that either.

From what I can tell, things like the Ability Candies and the Defense Boosting candies cannot be grinded at all (And naturally anything that's 1x1 can't either), the 3x3 Attack and Dex boosting candies can be grinded twice (turning them into 2x2) and the Pancakes can be Grinded to +3 (I think going from 4x4 to 2x2? I don't know for sure yet), I heard the 13* Parfaits can be grinded to +3 but I have no confirmation on that yet.

TaigaUC
Jan 28, 2016, 01:09 PM
Yeah, I'm messing with it now and having weird issues with candies vanishing but not vanishing.
Thanks.

I don't know if there's a stat cap yet. I don't think anybody's gotten that far.
I'm also confused about the stat bonuses. I'm wondering if they are linked to the base/switch stat, or based on damage per pet PA/Tech.

Will check the swiki and see if there's any info about the above.

FANSean
Jan 28, 2016, 01:14 PM
They just seem to disappear from the menu once they've been fully grinded. It's something we probably should have had for weapons and units too, would be a nice convenience for people toting a lot of maxed gear at one time.

Bellion
Jan 28, 2016, 01:31 PM
Blast Parfait can be ground 4 times into a 2x2 from 4x4. They do require Lambda Grinders like any 13* stuff.
[SPOILER-BOX]
http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag232/altumbra/pso20160128_132844_000_zpsz38vws5s.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Feramus
Jan 28, 2016, 01:43 PM
Thanks for the guide, hehe.
umm, about JA. actually pets can do JA. by doing tech(from sub-pallete)>then attack but its very not effective since we will waste pp for doing JA only.

pkemr4
Jan 28, 2016, 03:52 PM
i don't understand the bonus stat that well. is it just bonus pts and it doesnt affect how the pets stats raise when leveling up?

Achelousaurus
Jan 28, 2016, 04:10 PM
YES!
Thanks Taiga!
It's awesome how you create so many good guides all the time. I really use and abuse them XD

Kondibon
Jan 28, 2016, 04:25 PM
Just a couple of notes about the PAs.

Wonda Shock can stun. I'm not sure if it's a chance or 100% but I've seen it stun multiple times.

Torim Stab works like the first part of Gurren and puts Torim on the other side of the enemy if they're small enough. It also stops instantly once it reaches whatever you have targeted.

Torim Spiral needs to be charged for a while to do it's max damage.

Cery/Sari Territory starts doing more damage per pulse after a few seconds.

I'll check how long exactly Torim Spiral and Cery Territory need next time I'm on. If no one else does by then.

Shirokami
Jan 28, 2016, 04:41 PM
http://i.imgur.com/cuAuhhZ.png

Would you please take down this image? There's no data behind any of the numbers except for "Weak stance on, but not hitting weakspot" which completely kills the purpose.

Also, requesting source on: "Q. What damage type do pets have?
Their damage does not count as Striking, Ranged or Tech.
This means that they cannot be affected by Skills or Stances that specifically refer to these damage types."

Qualia
Jan 28, 2016, 05:07 PM
Also questioning whether or not average stance should be used, since the skill clearly states that it boosts the three damage types and not your overall damage output.

Kondibon
Jan 28, 2016, 05:37 PM
Adding to my list of things about PAs

Wonda Pulsar and Torim Bullet seem to have a debuff effect that deals damage over time. It would explain why the damage from the hits is so low.

EDIT: also Chaser knocks things down.

Alisha
Jan 28, 2016, 05:53 PM
Q. Can Summoner subclass still use pets?
No, pets are main class only. Yes, it's stupid.

i fail to see how this is stupid classes can do to much as it is already. lets give away the main feature of another class....

Ezodagrom
Jan 28, 2016, 06:20 PM
i fail to see how this is stupid classes can do to much as it is already. lets give away the main feature of another class....
It's stupid because pretty much there's no point in using Summoner as a subclass. No other class is as restrictive as Summoner when it comes to being used as a subclass.
With all the "main class only" restrictions we've been getting, why create a subclass system to begin with...

Wish the class system in pso2 was more like the portable 2 games, only 4 base classes (melee, ranged, technic, hybrid), and being able to get whatever weapons we want using a point system (with each weapon type having different points requirements based on the class being used).

Perfect Chaos
Jan 28, 2016, 06:22 PM
On the skill tree image, the description for All ATK (High) Up is a bit misleading, since the skill increases stats. The description makes it seem like it's a damage multiplier increase like All Attack Bonus. Since it's an image, it'll be more tedious to edit, but I'm just pointing that out in case you do want to change it.

Also, I haven't dabbled in Pet raising yet, but I'm assuming Pets act as items that can be shared among different characters on one's account?

Kondibon
Jan 28, 2016, 06:29 PM
Also, I haven't dabbled in Pet raising yet, but I'm assuming Pets act as items that can be shared among different characters on one's account?Once you use an egg it's tied to your character as far as I know.

LonelyGaruga
Jan 28, 2016, 07:39 PM
Also, requesting source on: "Q. What damage type do pets have?

hi

The attacks don't qualify for Fury Stance. This means they aren't striking (or ranged) attacks.
The attacks don't qualify for head-shots. This means they aren't ranged attacks.
The attacks don't qualify for Force or Techer's element Mastery skills. This means they aren't tech attacks.

Through process of elimination, they aren't striking, ranged, or tech attacks.

Also questioning whether or not average stance should be used, since the skill clearly states that it boosts the three damage types and not your overall damage output.

Really?
無条件にダメージボーナスを得るスタンススキル
Stance skill that grants an unconditional damage bonus.

Selphea
Jan 28, 2016, 07:46 PM
I suppose the check for tech damage would be Normal Tech Advance, since most of pet damage is non-elemental.

Unfortunately I don't have a build with that. Does anyone have two Force build with equal TATK, one with NTA and one without?

Kondibon
Jan 28, 2016, 07:51 PM
The attacks don't qualify for Force or Techer's element Mastery skills. This means they aren't tech attacks.Don't techs all deal pure elemental damage, not tech damage? That pets don't work with element mastery skills doesn't really mean much if that's the case.

LonelyGaruga
Jan 28, 2016, 08:05 PM
They target an enemy's elemental hitzone, but they're tech-type attacks, which is why Wand Gear, which also targets an enemy's elemental hitzone, doesn't work with them, being a striking-type attack.

Y'know what, maybe I should just throw this (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%80%E3%83%A1%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B8%E8% A8%88%E7%AE%97#pfdc56df) out here. This is a chart that explains how attacks are calculated. Though it's not up-to-date with Summoner's attacks. It's pretty easy to understand with a machine translation so that should be fine.

Shirokami
Jan 28, 2016, 08:30 PM
hi

The attacks don't qualify for Fury Stance. This means they aren't striking (or ranged) attacks.
The attacks don't qualify for head-shots. This means they aren't ranged attacks.
The attacks don't qualify for Force or Techer's element Mastery skills. This means they aren't tech attacks.

Through process of elimination, they aren't striking, ranged, or tech attacks.

Really?
無条件にダメージボーナスを得るスタンススキル
Stance skill that grants an unconditional damage bonus.

http://puu.sh/mNyPu/cb7c0b8e99.jpg
No, it clearly shows that it boosts each damage type.

Selphea
Jan 28, 2016, 08:37 PM
Normal Tech Advance may be the answer to this, since Average Stance doesn't buff Zanverse and so cannot be said to buff everything. I suspect it may be Tech type after all, except it's Tech type that isn't bound to any element (no Mastery), cannot be JAed (no Tech JA) and cannot be charged (no Charge Advance).

I really don't want to get another Force tree though ;_;

LonelyGaruga
Jan 28, 2016, 08:40 PM
I just quoted the description, and it works just fine on things like traps and PBs that don't have damage types, so I don't know what I'm supposed to say.

Average Stance has already been confirmed to work with pets anyway.

Normal Tech Advance may be the answer to this, since Average Stance doesn't buff Zanverse and so cannot be said to buff everything. I suspect it may be Tech type after all, except it's Tech type that isn't bound to any element (no Mastery), cannot be JAed (no Tech JA) and cannot be charged (no Charge Advance)

Well, I guess pets could be techs, since Freeze/Poison Ignition are also techs, but the only skill that works with them is Normal Tech Advance, since they cannot be JA'd, cannot be charged, and are non-elemental. That's a fair point.

Guess I'll dig around swiki more.

Aine
Jan 28, 2016, 08:47 PM
Apparently it's classified as a tech attack (distinct from a Technic). The distinction between an untyped attack and a tech attack is probably moot since AFAIK there's nothing that boosts 'tech attack' damage, and I don't know if there's any enemy that resists it or if we can even test that somehow.

EDIT: Actually looking at the screenshot Shirokami posted, I guess that confirms it as tech-damage

GoldenFalcon
Jan 28, 2016, 10:33 PM
I just quoted the description, and it works just fine on things like traps and PBs that don't have damage types

Isn't that because traps are non-typed ranged damage? And PB's are non-typed striking/ranged/magic damage depending on the mag?

The oddness of ranged "element" vs ranged "damage" etc.

LonelyGaruga
Jan 28, 2016, 10:46 PM
Traps use R-ATK but don't apply ranged damage, that's a damage type. Though I might be mistaken about Average Stance working on traps actually, there's very little information about what boosts them and what does not.

PBs are just plain difficult to ascertain what kind of damage they do. I know some R-ATK ones can head-shot, which means they do inflict ranged damage, but I don't know whether all of them can head-shot or not, and the S-ATK and T-ATK ones have no easy way to ascertain what kind of damage they do. I've just been assuming that normally they're typeless, but it's pretty much impossible to tell for the T-ATK ones, for the same reasons Aine mentioned about Summoner.

Though truth be told there are actually a number of contradictions to this rule of thumb. Kamikaze Arrow can head-shot for one hit, but that head-shotting attack is a striking attack, and Slash Rave has a ranged attack that head-shots that uses S-ATK, for two examples I've been informed of. So there are no actual concrete infallible rules to follow when it comes to damage, only generalizations. For all I know PBs really are type-less and the ones that can head-shot can head-shot just because they're programmed to be able to.

Dnd
Jan 28, 2016, 11:00 PM
So been doing messing around..

Armour affixes and set bonuses boost pets damage
Mag base stats also effect pet damage
The fighter slayer skills don't seem to effect it when they should be active
Grinding the baton does nothing for pet damage, nor can it be affixed
brave stance is based on the pets position not yours (100% confirmed)
Shifta drink boosts its damage aswell

Nitro Vordex
Jan 28, 2016, 11:01 PM
Thanks for the guide, hehe.
umm, about JA. actually pets can do JA. by doing tech(from sub-pallete)>then attack but its very not effective since we will waste pp for doing JA only.
Yeah the JA does not grant you bonus damage for the pet. It might grant you bonus damage for the Baton smack though. :wacko:

Arzon
Jan 28, 2016, 11:26 PM
Is my Braver and my S-ATK mag work with the summoner as main class? Or the fighter is better?

zandra117
Jan 28, 2016, 11:27 PM
how is summoner applicable as a sub class?

Nitro Vordex
Jan 28, 2016, 11:33 PM
Is my Braver and my S-ATK mag work with the summoner as main class? Or the fighter is better?
Depends on what you plan on doing, really.

how is summoner applicable as a sub class?
The short of it is it's a terrible subclass (at the moment.)

Arzon
Jan 28, 2016, 11:51 PM
I tried at lvl 1 with my summoner with sub braver, WITHOUT Average Stance i do 75 to an oodan, WITH Average Stance i do 94 to an oodan, so yes, it work :D

Dnd
Jan 29, 2016, 12:47 AM
Also, black ones cant be removed ever, blue ones are done via leveling up, orange ones are the caramel crushers

Rakurai
Jan 29, 2016, 12:51 AM
I think the little bit about the different pets being prone to dropping from certain enemy types bears mentioning.

I can at least confirm that 12* Sari drops from Vol Dragon/Burn Draal, since I just got one from my first kill of a max boosted version of the latter.

Achelousaurus
Jan 29, 2016, 01:00 AM
こんじょう means guts / willpower. It's used in about every shonen anime ever :V

Dnd
Jan 29, 2016, 01:01 AM
I think the little bit about the different pets being prone to dropping from certain enemy types bears mentioning.

I can at least confirm that 12* Sari drops from Vol Dragon/Burn Draal, since I just got one from my first kill of a max boosted version of the latter.

I've said it in at least two other threads lol, but generally:

Native bosses drop the wonda eggs up to 12* depending on difficulty
Dragonkin bosses drop the support (sari?) pet eggs up to 12* depending on difficulty
oceanid and harkotan (and koron?) bosses drop the bird (tora?) eggs up to 12* etc

Darker bosses seem to drop only candy (and it seems that candy is probably shared between a huge pool of random bosses)

However i've also noticed that darker mobs (Breedha/el arda/predicharda) seem to drop verious 7* eggs

Im not sure about the toyko field or mobs, but i know the XH train boss drops 8/10/13* wonda eggs at least.

Also I have no idea but, 9* eggs seem really damn rare and I can't figure out why

Alisha
Jan 29, 2016, 01:11 AM
It's stupid because pretty much there's no point in using Summoner as a subclass. No other class is as restrictive as Summoner when it comes to being used as a subclass.
With all the "main class only" restrictions we've been getting, why create a subclass system to begin with...

Wish the class system in pso2 was more like the portable 2 games, only 4 base classes (melee, ranged, technic, hybrid), and being able to get whatever weapons we want using a point system (with each weapon type having different points requirements based on the class being used).

please tell me this is a joke post? the point of the subclass system is to be able to add skills to synergize with your main class.

it's been a while since i played infinity but there were still main class restrictions like EX traps on vanguard. the problem with this game is people just pick the class that can most easily abuse the weapon they want to use. everyone just wants to use Fi as a main and get thier weapon from thier sub class. and sega has failed horribly at bringing other classes up to Fi's level or nerfing Fi. the fact sega has continued to allow this to happen while restricting new classes suggests to me that sega knows its OP and doesnt have the balls to nerf Fi. because you know if they did bandwagon players might stop playing.

Xaelouse
Jan 29, 2016, 01:15 AM
FI hasn't been "OP" for awhile

Achelousaurus
Jan 29, 2016, 01:50 AM
It is, for melee.
Fi ain't nothing compared to fo or ra but if you melee might as well main fi for LB on easy bosses.
Still need to see people pull off stance boost as consistently as everyone claims in mobbing eqs tho.

TaigaUC
Jan 29, 2016, 04:13 AM
こんじょう means guts / willpower. It's used in about every shonen anime ever :V

That's what I thought. But when I ran it through several translators they all said "kind".
I checked again and apparently "kind" is just one of the possible meanings for the same reading. Great.

Will fix it now.

Ezodagrom
Jan 29, 2016, 05:08 AM
please tell me this is a joke post? the point of the subclass system is to be able to add skills to synergize with your main class.
And Summoner is the class that offers the least as a subclass, it's one thing to restrict a few skills as main class only and another to restrict the whole weapon type.

TaigaUC
Jan 29, 2016, 08:10 AM

Lengthy reply.
[spoiler-box]Okay, let's think about what "class" means in PSO2.
Weapons are supposed to be based on class, but there are ways to get around that.
So, what's unique to "class"?

- Leveling EXP.
- Class-based titles, orders, etc.
- Base stats.
- Skill Trees.
- Probably something else I've forgotten.

Most classes have several skills that can be applied to other classes.
This allows for interesting mix and matching, for more gameplay depth.
Players can then experiment and find their own playstyle.

Now, let's look at Summoner.
Summoner pets are main only. So you can't experiment with other classes + pets.
Even if you could, pets are tied to Baton. You can't switch to other weapons without Pets being desummoned.
On top of this, Summoner seems lacking in skills that benefit other classes. Most of its skills are "main class only". Far more than any other class.
And many skills that benefit other classes have no effect on Summoner.
Thus, Summoner is much more "isolated" from the other classes. That means Summoner only has about as much depth as Summoner itself.

Let's look at how Summoner is designed.
The pets are essentially long range weapons. Many of their attacks are very simliar to existing attacks from other weapons.
I don't think Summoner combat playstyle offers much in terms of gameplay. It's essentially the same thing - use PAs and Skills at the right times for higher damage.
What's really unique to Summoner is the whole pet raising thing. Which is also strange, because it again isolates itself from the game's traditional mechanics.
Pets don't have affixing and weapon grinding, they have Candy. They don't have weapon potentials, they have pet personalities.
It's esssentially the same stuff repackaged. So I don't think Summoner is so much "unique" as it's "isolated".

Lately, game devs have been restricting/limiting many possibilities, for easier balancing or to avoid bugs/issues.
Many games nowadays are designed with the intent of forcing every player to have nearly the exact same experience.
Sadly, this ends up making everything a hell of a lot more simple, shallow and boring.
I'm not a fan of this mindset. I was looking forward to the possibilities of using pets alongside other weapons.
I really hope Summoner isn't the beginning of a trend, where each new class is something nearly completely separate from everything else in the game.

If your primary concern is that the classes aren't unique enough, that's a PSO2 design issue.
They could have come up with ways to integrate pets with other classes whilst keeping Summoner unique in itself.
They took the simpler, easier route. That's why I think I have the right to refer to their design as "stupid".
I'm also not the only person who feels that implementing a subclass system and then phasing it out is a stupid decision.

I personally think it's "stupid" to unnecessarily or excessively simplify and restrict possibilities.
Good game devs/designers are capable of coming up with interesting, deep mechanics for players to freely mess around with.
I can somewhat understand if there are unavoidable serious technical limitations, but I think PSO2 already suffers from so many of those limiltations.
PSO2 Episode 4 calls itself "Reborn". They're redoing the visuals, yes. But they could have redone a lot more.

If I recall correctly, Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn is a complete overhaul and very different from the original game.
I guess PSO2 doesn't need to do go that far because it wasn't such an epic failure that nobody was playing it.
[/spoiler-box]

Arzon
Jan 29, 2016, 09:13 AM
Guys, just to be sure, can i bring my pet to level cap and ONLY THEN rais his stats with the chips of PSO2es? Or i cant? And what's the cap for each stats?

TaigaUC
Jan 29, 2016, 10:39 AM
Cap for each stat depends on rarity.
You get a ton of EXP for levelling via PSO2ES chips, so it'd be kind of a waste.

Arzon
Jan 29, 2016, 11:59 AM
What do you mean depends on rarity? Of the pet? What if it's 9 (which is the max atm right?)?
And what do you mean when you say that it's a waste to lvl them with the chips?
And still, when it's at cap, can i still raise his stats with chips/eggs?

TaigaUC
Jan 29, 2016, 12:31 PM
The max atm is rarity 13 or something.
I mean it's a waste if you're already at max, because you get huge EXP at the same time.
You can keep raising stats after it reaches level cap.

My 10-star Torim capped at:

Level: 85
HP: +100
SATK: +100
RATK: +90
TATK: +80
DEX: +90

Arzon
Jan 29, 2016, 12:59 PM
Each stat have different caps or i've to be careful?
By the way thanks a lot for your answers, i'm so scared about screwing things, like with the mag q.q

Dnd
Jan 29, 2016, 01:15 PM
When your 13* pet hits lv100 you can speak to that summoner dude and pet limit break, i dc'd half way through this process so im not 100% sure what changed however now

My personality is lv5 and my pet is no longer capped at lv100 (I think it goes to 101) but 8* eggs give like, 2% exp on the bar so its gonna be a huge grind.

Also wonda gets capped at 90 s-atk for 13*, both pre and post limit break cutscene

Arzon
Jan 29, 2016, 01:42 PM
So 90 is the limit for s-atk or it's a shared cap for all the stats? And how can i get a pet 13*? (i've the premium if that can help :X)

Dnd
Jan 29, 2016, 01:55 PM
So 90 is the limit for s-atk or it's a shared cap for all the stats? And how can i get a pet 13*? (i've the premium if that can help :X)

For the wonda pet, it seems 90 s-atk is the cap, but the torim goes to 100 s-atk or maybe even higher - but there is no overall stat cap like a mag, just the individual one

the 13* wonda egg drops from the toyko train boss in extra hard, i saw a 13* torim egg drop from td3 in XH (1 in the dropcharts) but i have no idea where the proper drop is

Arzon
Jan 29, 2016, 02:02 PM
Oh i see, thanks.
So basically i can just get a pet and feed it whatever i can, even at cap, until it have all maxed, right?
And i've a 11* ticket weapon exchange, can i use it for an egg 11*? D:

Dnd
Jan 29, 2016, 02:09 PM
Yep, you can feed it what you want to it appears and it'll have no negitive effects, obviously you'd wanna prioritse your attacking stat you use and HP first but extra stats dont matter.

10*+ eggs can't be sold or traded atm, so unfortunately you have to farm for the higher raritys

Arzon
Jan 29, 2016, 02:11 PM
Ok, now i know everything it's important, still 1 thing i need to know (because i used them on the 6* basic wanda, damn me), how can i remove the candys? (and the caramel since we're here xD)

Dnd
Jan 29, 2016, 02:17 PM
Ok, now i know everything it's important, still 1 thing i need to know (because i used them on the 6* basic wanda, damn me), how can i remove the candys? (and the caramel since we're here xD)

Ok 5 things:

1) moving candy about in the box is free

2) Destorying a candy in the box requires a candy crusher/destoryer (idk). its in the pet assistant shop (4th option on the main menu). its a red spraycan icon and it takes 10 grinders per one. Using it you have to go into the same option to move candy about, click on the candy in the box and its the second option (temp remove), when you hit confirm it'll say blahblahblah and get you to confirm using the crushers

3) Removing a candy and saving it for later use needs an item from the recycle shop costing 8 ac items, which well, is expensive..

4) Caramel cubes can be removed using the caramel crushers, these cost 8excubes each from the excube shop. I forgot the options to pick but theres a sticky on the main pso2 board for that.

5) You can rarity evolve your pet from 6* -> whatever rarity your new egg is, the 3rd option on the pet lab sets this off. it carrys over everything from before and saved alot of hassle.

Consult the sticky :http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231952 for precise menu locations etc

Arzon
Jan 29, 2016, 02:32 PM
Thank you again, for the link too *-*, see you in game!

Dnd
Jan 29, 2016, 03:03 PM
Thank you again, for the link too *-*, see you in game!

No problem

The grind is real jesus christ
[SPOILER-BOX]http://imageshack.com/a/img922/4749/qqWhpZ.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Poyonche
Jan 29, 2016, 03:27 PM
So what does Limit Breaking a 13* pet do ?

Dnd
Jan 29, 2016, 03:45 PM
So what does Limit Breaking a 13* pet do ?

aside from the level cap increasing by (1 i think) and maybe getting lv5 on the personality (I didnt double check >_<) I have no idea. my connections been terrible today so i've not even been able to play and see if it got a new skill (at least nothing shows up on the subpalletes etc)

I'll do a stat comparision between 100 -> 101 if i get it. I'm using random pso2 ES chips inbetween cooldowns to power it along. but if anyone else has insight please share

Tyroki
Jan 29, 2016, 05:04 PM
Sorry if this was already answered, but how do you rarity up an existing pet?

Selphea
Jan 29, 2016, 05:06 PM
Go to the pet NPC, there should be an option called "Increase Rarity" or something similar. Click that, click a higher rarity egg of the same species as your pet, choose your desired personality and press OK.

Nasshu
Jan 30, 2016, 12:00 AM
Sorry if this was answered throughout, but what is the mag's relationship to the summoner and its pets?

Dnd
Jan 30, 2016, 12:12 AM
Sorry if this was answered throughout, but what is the mag's relationship to the summoner and its pets?

The mags stats get added to your pets. unequiping mine makes my wonda drop about 250 damage (3k -> 2750 when testing awhile ago)

EDIT:
I saw a 13* bird egg drop in TD3 XH, 13* support pet eggs drop from TD4 XH
Level caps are as follows
11* = lv90
12* = lv95
13* = lv100
13* limit break = ?

When you limit break a pet, it has the ability to level up more. As i said before idk if i attained anthing because i DC'd half way through and dont have all the logs however.
EXP from 100 -> 101 is retarded, 101 -> 102 is even worse and 102 -> 103, well...
http://imageshack.com/a/img923/5479/QwOGK4.jpg
(exp egg 6*)

also wondas sunlight damage bonus seems to be ~2-3% per level, from my messing around
element % also plays a huge factor in damage, so when you're pet is 13* i highly highly recommend getting a 3 layer and 2 layer pancake to max it, a single 3 layer is probably enough pre-13* rarity

Rehal
Jan 30, 2016, 12:50 AM
Torim's tryhard ability:

Lv.1 = +5% PP cost +2% damage
Lv.2 = +10% PP cost +3% damage
Lv.3 = +15% PP cost +5% damage

ThePageofHeart
Jan 30, 2016, 01:06 AM
So what is the Pet Limit Break option that Pietro has?

TaigaUC
Jan 30, 2016, 01:17 AM
Pet Limit Break seems to be equivalent to extra skill points for other classes.
Don't know the details, I'm not quite there yet.

Dragwind
Jan 30, 2016, 01:43 AM
Added to the floating sticky. As always, if anyone notices a good guide to add to the top, shoot me a PM.

Arzon
Jan 30, 2016, 02:04 AM
I've an other question, these 3 pets have their own "best stat" (Like Wanda > S-Atk or Sari > T-Atk)?

Dnd
Jan 30, 2016, 02:08 AM
I've an other question, these 3 pets have their own "best stat" (Like Wanda > S-Atk or Sari > T-Atk)?

All use t-atk unless you use strike switch/shoot switch or w/e they are called

Arzon
Jan 30, 2016, 03:07 AM
Oh D:, can i use s-switch with a braver as a sub and the s-atk mag? I mean, should i do that? xD

Sandmind
Jan 30, 2016, 03:37 AM
Damage type will stay the same regardless of which stat you use, so if Satk is higher by a good amount, including mag and units, then go ahead.

Right now, there is only the basic tact in game if I understood correctly. So offensive tech casting is out of the window for actual damage. Even if the game got image files for what look like more than tact camo. This plus more pet coming is a lot of drip feed.

Arzon
Jan 30, 2016, 03:47 AM
Wait, what's the "tact" xD, you mean the Baton? And when you say "Damage type will stay the same regardless of which stat you use" what it means?

Nasshu
Jan 30, 2016, 03:52 AM
I'm confused as well. So if you use Strike switch then your summoner's pets would benefit from a S-atk mag instead? Is that how it works?

But as is, by default the summoner and pets is a T-atk class?

EDIT: I think this should also be noted. If I am correct, in terms of egg stats, the 3 pets do benefit from different stats right?

Bird-R atk
Dog-S atk
Cat Fairy- T atk

Dnd
Jan 30, 2016, 03:56 AM
Wait, what's the "tact" xD, you mean the Baton? And when you say "Damage type will stay the same regardless of which stat you use" what it means?
basically it means the type of damage a pet does will remain the same no matter what attacking stat you go with. So far the actual classificaion of a pet damage type seems to be up in arms.

I'm confused as well. So if you use Strike switch then your summoner's pets would benefit from a S-atk mag instead? Is that how it works?

But as is, by default the summoner and pets is a T-atk class?

Correct - basically use the switch strike that your unit set/affixes/mag/sub class is geared towards for more damage

Arzon
Jan 30, 2016, 04:06 AM
So if i'm using Trim (which is r-atk based) with S-Switch i've no problem using him with my s-atk mags/units, right?

Kondibon
Jan 30, 2016, 04:54 AM
Ok, so, I mentioned that I think some of the pet PAs have i-frames. I'm now absolutely sure Torim Bullet does. I think Wonda Assault and Torim Stab do too, but I haven't really had a good chance to test them yet.

Lostbob117
Jan 30, 2016, 11:55 AM
Wait, am I able to raise my pet's rarity? Or do I need a new egg for that?

Z-0
Jan 30, 2016, 12:03 PM
You raise a pet's rarity by giving it a higher rarity egg at the pet lab (don't feed it).

So if i'm using Trim (which is r-atk based) with S-Switch i've no problem using him with my s-atk mags/units, right?
That's right, but while R-Atk is his highest, he naturally uses T-Atk if you don't have a switch running.

That being said though, R-Atk switch is probably the best one to use overall with Br sub and R-Atk Up, although if you're using SuTe, you'd be better not using a switch at all.

Lostbob117
Jan 30, 2016, 12:05 PM
You raise a pet's rarity by giving it a higher rarity egg at the pet lab (don't feed it).

That's right, but while R-Atk is his highest, he naturally uses T-Atk if you don't have a switch running.

That being said though, R-Atk switch is probably the best one to use overall with Br sub and R-Atk Up, although if you're using SuTe, you'd be better not using a switch at all.

Ahh, thank you. Didn't want to have to level up another pet.

Orangemelon
Jan 30, 2016, 01:15 PM
Is there a total stats cap for the pet? Like do I have to go pure TATK only or can I max all stats or is there a downside from doing this?

Z-0
Jan 30, 2016, 01:21 PM
There's no total stats cap, no, but each stat has an individual cap, which is:

HP - 60, 100, 125
S-Atk - 90, 100, 115
R-Atk - 110, 90, 100
T-Atk - 130, 80, 95
Dex - 150, 90, 95

Wanda / Torim / Sari

jooozek
Jan 30, 2016, 01:31 PM
i think you mixed up wanda stats with sally

Z-0
Jan 30, 2016, 01:40 PM
I didn't, the stat caps are low on the pets high in X stat. The stat increases are for helping their lowest stat.

Raujinn
Jan 30, 2016, 02:34 PM
Hm, figured I was gonna be OK going SuFi and Torim with S-atk and such. Am I crippling myself significantly or is another pet possibly a better idea for general play? Torim still seems fine for bossing like this.

Arzon
Jan 30, 2016, 05:17 PM
Hm, figured I was gonna be OK going SuFi and Torim with S-atk and such. Am I crippling myself significantly or is another pet possibly a better idea for general play? Torim still seems fine for bossing like this.

You can use every pet as you like better since there are this skills called "Switch", you can use them to fit your gamestyle, for example you wanna be Su/Gu? Switch to r-atk, do you want to be a Su/Te, then do not use any switch since all the pets use t-atk as their base stats.

Orangemelon
Jan 30, 2016, 06:40 PM
Which attribute should I pick for my pets? I got a wind Sally but I found an 11* Sally Ice attribute egg. Should I upgrade the wind one to 11* or ditch the wind one and use the ice?

Arzon
Jan 30, 2016, 06:54 PM
I would say that most useful elements are light, dark and fire :X

jooozek
Jan 30, 2016, 07:51 PM
Which attribute should I pick for my pets? I got a wind Sally but I found an 11* Sally Ice attribute egg. Should I upgrade the wind one to 11* or ditch the wind one and use the ice?

i'd first get a 7* with the element i want, then get a 8* or 9* with a potential i want if the 7* one didnt come with it and upgrade the 7* one and change potential and then upgrade that to 11*, to change potential you need a higher rarity egg so basically if the 11* one doesn't have the potential you want, good luck finding later a 12* or 13* with one :-o

Selphea
Jan 30, 2016, 08:21 PM
Any idea why Power Cookies and especially Body Sandwiches are so expensive compared to the others? The only reason I can think of is everyone is doing SATK Su/Fi with Conversion Roll, but I don't think people have farmed up 250 Galerus in such short notice have they?

Kondibon
Jan 30, 2016, 09:42 PM
but I don't think people have farmed up 250 Galerus in such short notice have they?They could have already had them.

Dnd
Jan 30, 2016, 10:09 PM
Lil update on level caps or lack of, what you see there is a 9* egg, its a lil better and thankfully 9~11* chips on ES do a chunk every hour or so which is nice
http://imageshack.com/a/img922/9744/ZuzO1l.jpg

Rehal
Jan 30, 2016, 10:41 PM
Is there any stats jump past lv 100?

davenger
Jan 30, 2016, 10:41 PM
Lil update on level caps or lack of, what you see there is a 9* egg, its a lil better and thankfully 9~11* chips on ES do a chunk every hour or so which is nice
http://imageshack.com/a/img922/9744/ZuzO1l.jpg

if this goes as far as 150 this is gonna be a special kind of hell

EDIT:because i have nothing better to do i checked swiki and apparently the limit is 120

Arzon
Jan 31, 2016, 12:19 AM
@Selphea What's conversion roll? D: I neger tried the fighter, so :X

nevershootme
Jan 31, 2016, 12:23 AM
@Selphea What's conversion roll? D: I neger tried the fighter, so :X

It's a 12* candy box roll that converts def stats into atk stats (swiki says 4%). costs 250 stones from Ultimate Nab

Loveless62
Jan 31, 2016, 12:32 AM
to change potential you need a higher rarity egg
You do not need a higher rarity egg to change pet personality. The personality of a 7* pet can be changed by using a 7* egg.

Synfull
Jan 31, 2016, 07:08 AM
pets go to lvl120 jp wiki gots all the info on them where they drop an stuffs
;-)

Dnd
Jan 31, 2016, 10:25 AM
after hours of playing about more, it seems pet (shifta) symphathy only works via hitting bosses OR hitting a mob that's in an e-code

Nyia Ulliel
Jan 31, 2016, 05:28 PM
Hey everyone ! I just wanted to ask.. has the duration of the Tokyo Rolls been found yet ? or.. ? The invicibility time and KO reduction time ?

Dephinix
Jan 31, 2016, 08:08 PM
after hours of playing about more, it seems pet (shifta) symphathy only works via hitting bosses OR hitting a mob that's in an e-code

Do you mean to get pet shifta sympathy request? I got it from using Wanda's area attack on five enemies at once.

Rakurai
Feb 2, 2016, 07:27 AM
After trying both the Coast and Seabed AQs for Torim eggs of 10*+, I'm thinking the latter is the better source, as max boosted Bal Dominus didn't drop a single 10* after multiple kills, whereas I got four from two Magisa Meduna.

DRAGONxNOGARD
Feb 3, 2016, 10:21 AM
when AIDA will translate summoner skill tree?

TaigaUC
Feb 3, 2016, 11:03 AM
No idea.

Scarlet Seilah
Feb 3, 2016, 04:54 PM
I have 2 questions regarding subs. I hope you guys won't mind answering
-Does Torim's Spiral Charge get's bonus damage from Ave./ Weak stance charge?

and

-What makes Fighter the strongest sub (in terms of damage) for Summoner?
Thanks in advance ;3

TaigaUC
Feb 4, 2016, 11:27 AM
I think it's assumed that Spiral Charge does get bonus damage from Ave/Weak charge, but I don't think anybody's confirmed it.

Fighter sub benefits from Brave Stance multipliers and Brave critical.
I've heard PP Slayer has no effect, but nobody has said anything about the others.

I'm checking the JP swiki now. There's a Q&A for how subclass skills affect Summoner.
I translated it below:

From JP swiki:

Summoner and Pet mechanics:
Q. Do they use JAs?
You can JA from techs like Resta, etc. However, pet damage does not change even if you JA. You cannot clear Io's JA orders.
There are reports that JA related skills do in fact take effect.

Q. Does Tact grinding affect pet?
No. +0 and +10 = same pet damage.

Q. Do mags and units affect pets?
Yes. Pet damage is influenced as such: "Player's base stats + Mag + unit set bonus + affixes (OP) + drink effects".

Q. If the player is buffed with Shifta, does the pet's damage increase?
No. It needs to be applied to the pet itself.

Q. I can't destroy Bal Lodos' giant attack using turrets.
According to reports, there is a very high chance that pets count as 1 Arks (ie. similar to a player or friend/supoprt partner).
As such, Ringarda's down time, the amount of enemies that spawn, and E Trial clear conditions are very likely influenced by the presence of pets.

Q. How about Extreme Quest "no healing" Stage Order condition?
Only applies to the player. You can heal pets without failing the Stage Order.

Q. How about Extreme Quest "atatck from front/back" conditions?
There are reports that this applies to pets. It likely uses the same mechanics as Brave/Wise Stance.

Q. During the Emergency Trial to rescue Lilipas, do pet attacks hit the Gilnas Arms?
No. Similarly, even if you hit the wrong section of the house toys, it won't count as an incorrect hit.

Q. Regarding Pet Switch Strike/Shoot...
Pet damage is calculated as Tech damage. These skills exist for people who only have a Mag and subclass setup of specific attack type.
For example, fighter with S-ATK maxed via skills and mag, can take advantage of Pet Switch Strike.
Note that it does not allow Fury Stance and Weak Hit Advance to take effect.

Q. Pet auto attack issues...
If an attack command is issued to a pet, the pet will go into attack mode and continue to auto-attack enemies even after the initial target no longer exists.
During this attack mode, if you don't issue an attack command for a certain amount of time, even if the original target is still alive, the pet will stop attacking.
Using the "recall" PAs will also return the pet to you, regardless whether it hits or misses.

Subclass skill mechanics:
Q. Do stances affect pets?
Yes.

Q. Is Brave Stance affected by pet position or player position?
Pet.

Q. Does Fighter's Adrenaline increase pet Shifta time?
Reportedly, no.

Q. Does Fighter's Chase Advance affect pets?
Pet damage isn't considered S-ATK, so the answer is no. However, Chase Advance Plus does affect pets.

Q. Is Wanda Pulsar's sustained damage affected by Fighter's Chase Advance Plus?
Currently unknown.

Q. Does Fighter's PP Slayer increase pet damage?
Reportedly, no.

Q. How about Fighter's Crazy Heart PP regeneration effects?
Natural PP regeneration increases, but PP regeneration from pet attacks does not. It has been confirmed to be a bug.

Q. How about Fighter's Tech JA PP Save?
There are reports that it does take effect when JAing from a Tech such as Resta into a pet PA.

Q. Are pets affected by Braver's Attack Advance?
Reportedly, yes.

Q. Does Braver's Weak Stance increase damage done to enemy elemental weakness?
Reportedly, no. It only takes affect when attacking weak points.

Q. Are Support Fire or Point Assist affected by Braver Weak Stance when attacking parts other than weak points?
Lacking information.

Q. Is Ranger Killing Bonus based on pet or player?
Player.

Q. Is Gunner's Perfect Keeper based on pet or player?
Pet's HP.

Q. Does Gunner's Attack PP Restorate affect pet attacks?
Yes.

Are pets affected by Bouncer fields?
Unknown.

Q. With Bouncer's SHifta Attack Boost, does the player or pet need to be in the air? Or does it not affect either?
Reportedly, it is always in effect. Pet take no damage from standing in lava, so it is assume they are considered flying.
Also, Deband PP Restorate works on pets. Lacking in reports, so feel free to confirm.

Q. For Bouncer's Heal Bonus, doe HP Restorate take effect?
Reportedly, yes.

Q. For Bouncer's Heal Bonus, does Pet Recovery take effect?
Not enough info.

Q. Does Force's Photon Flare increase pet damage?
Reportedly, yes. Photon Flare is an increase in T-ATK, so it may not take effect if using Switch Strike or Shoot.

Arzon
Feb 4, 2016, 11:36 AM
So if i put S-ATK on my skill trees the pet does not take advantage of it? Same for Average Stance?

And, someone can tell me where to get a 12* Torim? I don't have the link for the jp wiki :X

Scarlet Seilah
Feb 4, 2016, 12:02 PM
Wow, thanks for answering my question. I originally went for a T-atk focused suummoner since I had an extra character with an old T-atk Mag and unit set, but I guess I'll just have to wait for people to get to know about summoners before I make and build my own. (Since I don't have AC right now for mags and trees T-T)

Anyways, thanks for the reply, I appreciate it especially the guide :) Keep it up! Goodluck on your guide :3

TaigaUC
Feb 4, 2016, 12:10 PM
@Arzon
JP swiki just says level 56+ enemy.

@Scarlet
Thanks too. Sorry for the late reply.

Arzon
Feb 4, 2016, 12:31 PM
@Arzon
JP swiki just says level 56+ enemy.

Mmmh, i can only do SH for now, do i have good chance to find it somewhere with a 250% rdr?

davenger
Feb 4, 2016, 01:04 PM
i imagine the territory glitch has been fixed by now?

Arzon
Feb 4, 2016, 04:35 PM
Mmmh, guys, a good Unit Set that should work well with Su/Br?

nevershootme
Feb 4, 2016, 04:55 PM
i imagine the territory glitch has been fixed by now?

Still works.

Shinamori
Feb 4, 2016, 05:45 PM
Mmmh, i can only do SH for now, do i have good chance to find it somewhere with a 250% rdr?

Kuroina, Shironia, Floating Facility. It easier just to look at the drop information in quests.

Arzon
Feb 4, 2016, 06:42 PM
Kuroina, Shironia, Floating Facility. It easier just to look at the drop information in quests.

Those are free fields? And where can i see those drop informations? :X

davenger
Feb 4, 2016, 07:46 PM
Still works.

how does it exactly work,i can only seem to do it when i am completely out of PP

arokidaaron
Feb 4, 2016, 08:00 PM
Cast it till your pp is down to 0, but do not let go of your mouse key yet, wait till your pp regens and casts it again this time you could let key go, and the field just stays there

davenger
Feb 4, 2016, 08:02 PM
Cast it till your pp is down to 0, but do not let go of your mouse key yet, wait till your pp regens and casts it again this time you could let key go, and the field just stays there

can it not be done with more pp?i can do it without any

arokidaaron
Feb 4, 2016, 08:04 PM
Not sure, but that is the only way i know how lol

Kondibon
Feb 4, 2016, 08:05 PM
It can work with any ammount of PP, you have to use it for a VERY short period, like a single frame. The reason it's easier when you're out of PP is because you can't do it any longer due to the PP drain that starts immediately when you cast it.

Z-0
Feb 4, 2016, 08:14 PM
Yep, tap the button for a single frame only. It's easier the lower your FPS is.

Kondibon
Feb 4, 2016, 08:28 PM
Yep, tap the button for a single frame only. It's easier the lower your FPS is.That explains why I have such an easy time doing it.
http://i.imgur.com/uc03HNk.gif

TaigaUC
Feb 4, 2016, 10:03 PM
Mmmh, guys, a good Unit Set that should work well with Su/Br?

Last I heard, Saiki is still supposed to be the best for everything.
Unless you have something like Ideal or Austere weapon and want to get the set bonuses that go with the units.

nevershootme
Feb 5, 2016, 08:17 AM
Quick note: Grind reduction 30% is usable on the parfaits. Lesson learned the last time I try to get a +4 and lost half a million thinking reductions weren't usable initially (cookies) :(

ThePageofHeart
Feb 5, 2016, 11:50 AM
Taiga, i couldnt help to notice the Gamushara Parfait on the recommended Candy Boxes. I'm guessing it's a rare 13* Parfait from Magatsu since it has (Magatsu Parfait) under it :P
But any idea what the effects of it are?

Poyonche
Feb 5, 2016, 12:15 PM
Pretty sure it is Something like increase PP cost and damage.

Crevox
Feb 5, 2016, 12:23 PM
+25% PP Cost, +10% damage

Drops from Profound Invasion, Profound Darkness, Magatsu, Magatsu Sai.

TaigaUC
Feb 5, 2016, 02:14 PM
See this for candy info:
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231972

It's also linked from the guide.
Maybe I shouldn't have gone with a Q&A structure.

ThePageofHeart
Feb 5, 2016, 02:37 PM
+25% PP Cost, +10% damage

Drops from Profound Invasion, Profound Darkness, Magatsu, Magatsu Sai.

Oh it's Reckless Parfait. Yeah no I got it. I was just confused when I saw it as a different name on the Candy Box examples :wacko:

Arzon
Feb 5, 2016, 02:41 PM
Last I heard, Saiki is still supposed to be the best for everything.
Unless you have something like Ideal or Austere weapon and want to get the set bonuses that go with the units.

And mmh, let's say that i have the 11* tickets to buy it (don't have them xD, i can't be able to find any 11* to trade for tickets :<) how much can i spent from player shops to have at least 80-100 s-atk on those units?

nguuuquaaa
Feb 5, 2016, 04:53 PM
Last time I affixed, 115 T-Atk costs like 4~5m per unit with a 8% chance of failing (and failed twice :wacko:). Need several hundreds excubes though.

Arzon
Feb 5, 2016, 09:56 PM
Last time I affixed, 115 T-Atk costs like 4~5m per unit with a 8% chance of failing (and failed twice :wacko:). Need several hundreds excubes though.

No i mean, if i buy the unit already affixed by other players xD

TaigaUC
Feb 6, 2016, 02:31 AM
I recently sold 4 slot 60-80 ATK units for about 4-5m each, so 115 would likely be above that.

Edit: Updated the guide.

deusalkaiser
Feb 6, 2016, 04:51 AM
what are the best elements to have? right now i have 1 of each pet as light damage ( 8 star ) so thats 3 out of 10 how should i go about the rest of the pets? should i get 1 of each element for my favorite pet ( light-dark-fire-ice-wind-thunder) for a total of 8 pets? or 3 element for each to total 9?

what is the best single element to start making a single powerful pet on? is light safe bet?

TaigaUC
Feb 6, 2016, 04:54 AM
Yes, a good number of the enemies in the game are Darkers, and thus weak to Light.
That's why Light element is always the most expensive element to switch to, usually followed by Fire.
Outside of Tech weapons, Wand and Dual Blades, everyone usually just uses Light element.

If you have the element based skills and a sub with element based skills (ie. Techer, Bouncer) then it's worth getting each element for your favorite pet.

Arzon
Feb 6, 2016, 04:59 AM
What have you add on the guide? :3 Ty for your work by the way, you're always present for us :X

suzaku0zero0
Feb 6, 2016, 05:31 AM
anyone gotten 10* eggs from exq? cuz 10* drop from any lvl 40 or above bosses. Not sure if exq counts.

Arzon
Feb 6, 2016, 05:36 AM
anyone gotten 10* eggs from exq? cuz 10* drop from any lvl 40 or above bosses. Not sure if exq counts.

I got it in profund invasion, if you do it in SH with 350% rdr you can get even a 12*

suzaku0zero0
Feb 6, 2016, 07:14 AM
I got it in profund invasion, if you do it in SH with 350% rdr you can get even a 12*

Thanks, but swag sega hates me, gotta resort to more guaranteed methods

arokidaaron
Feb 6, 2016, 08:19 AM
I got my 10* trim from biol meduna with no rdr on while doing featured quests.

Arzon
Feb 6, 2016, 09:09 AM
Do someone know how to do all the Summoner Achievements?

nevershootme
Feb 6, 2016, 10:00 AM
Most are candy grinding, lvl up to cap (class and pets), bringing Pietro out as your support character in quests.

TaigaUC
Feb 6, 2016, 12:09 PM
According to JP comments, 10 star Torim can drop from SNOW Banther. <- Edit
And 12 star drops fairly often (with +350%) from Bal Lodos, it seems. Even on just free Beach SH.
I did Ultimate Lilipa earlier twice with +350% and got nothing.

@Arzon
I listed the updates in the updates log.

Rakurai
Feb 6, 2016, 06:10 PM
I killed three max boosted SHAQ Bal Dominus with 350% and didn't get even a 10* egg.

I'm starting to think that higher leveled enemies aren't necessarily better for getting egg drops.

.razor.
Feb 6, 2016, 08:33 PM
Any good Su/Br build?

Kondibon
Feb 6, 2016, 08:49 PM
Any good Su/Br build?This is pretty much all I think you'd "need" anything else comes down to preference. http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php?11yNbxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIo bxIo0jdodBIb000000000doIn0000000jdoib0000000fdo000 0000Io00000000ioIn00000000IbIo4Ni2jcKfGAIkIn00000j doIb0000000loIbIb4Sfqs4OfHNik0000j

Arzon
Feb 6, 2016, 09:23 PM
According to JP comments, 10 star Torim can drop from Banther.
And 12 star drops fairly often (with +350%) from Bal Lodos, it seems. Even on just free Beach SH.
I did Ultimate Lilipa earlier twice with +350% and got nothing.

@Arzon
I listed the updates in the updates log.

I did it several time with 350% but still nothing, i'm thinking, can i trade it with someone who have the premium?

Rakurai
Feb 6, 2016, 10:45 PM
You can't sell 10*+ eggs, so I doubt they're tradeable.

wahahaha
Feb 6, 2016, 10:58 PM
Instead of looking for a 12*, Do UQ riripa since it has a chance for 13* Torimu

TaigaUC
Feb 7, 2016, 02:24 AM
Beating up Bal Lodos is more exciting than UQ Lilipa though :/
But not by much.

I meant Snow Banther, not Banther. Fixed my post.

Arzon
Feb 7, 2016, 04:40 AM
Instead of looking for a 12*, Do UQ riripa since it has a chance for 13* Torimu

i can't do uq xD

LovelyCorinn
Feb 7, 2016, 12:37 PM
Can you please put the skill tree you are providing in english please? :)

TaigaUC
Feb 7, 2016, 12:58 PM
I couldn't at the time because the Arks Layer Skill Simulator didn't support it.
Will check now.

Edit: Done. Enjoy!

LovelyCorinn
Feb 7, 2016, 01:17 PM
Thank you :)

HeyItsTHK
Feb 7, 2016, 05:52 PM
so what are the hot PAs for each pet?

Scarlet Seilah
Feb 8, 2016, 12:05 AM
I have a question about evolving/ Increasing Rarity of Pets.

If for example I have a 7* Wanda if I use a 9* Wanda will it become a 9*? or just 8*?

Kondibon
Feb 8, 2016, 12:06 AM
I have a question about evolving/ Increasing Rarity of Pets.

If for example I have a 7* Wanda if I use a 9* Wanda will it become a 9*? or just 8*?It'll skip straight to 9* as far as I know.

Scarlet Seilah
Feb 8, 2016, 12:13 AM
Ohh I see, I haven't seen anyone bring this up even in the guide so I'm not sure.

TaigaUC
Feb 8, 2016, 01:31 AM
Well, it's like.. if a 13 star pet drops, and yours is rarity 8, it'd kinda suck if it only upgraded to rarity 9.
It'd go to rarity 13.

@HeyItsTHK
Guide should explain in the how to play section.
If you can't be bothered checking, just use Torim Stab to kill everything. Works for me.

Sir Francis XLII
Feb 8, 2016, 10:51 AM
Does the Ranger's Weak Hit Advance work with Pets? I wouldn't think so, since Pets don't deal "shooting" damage, but it would still be nice to know.

Sp-24
Feb 8, 2016, 10:55 AM
Does the Ranger's Weak Hit Advance work with Pets? I wouldn't think so, since Pets don't deal "shooting" damage, but it would still be nice to know.
It doesn't. In general, it seems that if a skill mentions the type of damage it affects, then it doesn't work with pets.

Charmeleon
Feb 8, 2016, 11:22 AM
Pets deal tech-type damage AFAIK. Their attacks don't count as techniques though so they don't get any multipliers from the force tree or elemental masteries.

Kondibon
Feb 8, 2016, 11:25 AM
According the JP wiki they do infact deal tech damage. I was looking for an enemy to test it on personally, and realized Vol dragon's damage multipliers are all based on damage types and elements, and it's wings have 1x multipliers, while the rest of it increases or decreases damage. If pets do tech damage then their damage should be decreased or increased relative to the wings when hitting Vol's other parts. If not then they'd do the same damage no matter where they hit it. I haven't tested it yet though. 3:

DRAGONxNOGARD
Feb 8, 2016, 01:25 PM
what if i want use pb as su?

Qualia
Feb 8, 2016, 01:27 PM
what if i want use pb as su?

Switch to a different weapon, so your pet isn't out.

DRAGONxNOGARD
Feb 8, 2016, 01:30 PM
and can name 2 pets in same name? and can soon rename it?

Sp-24
Feb 8, 2016, 01:38 PM
I don't know if you can give two pets the same name, but I'm pretty sure it should be allowed. Renaming a pet costs 500 meseta in the pet lab, and it can be done as many times as you want.

Qualia
Feb 8, 2016, 01:42 PM
Yes, you can. I just keep my pet names default though.

DRAGONxNOGARD
Feb 8, 2016, 01:42 PM
I don't know if you can give two pets the same name, but I'm pretty sure it should be allowed. Renaming a pet costs 500 meseta in the pet lab, and it can be done as many times as you want.

ok ty i thought that will cost AC

TaigaUC
Feb 9, 2016, 12:08 AM
Dunno why people keep talking about the damage type thing when I translated most of what was on the Swiki already.

Pet damage is considered "T-ATK" damage, but it's different from "Tech" damage.
I didn't translate the why it's different part though.

Dark Emerald EXE
Feb 9, 2016, 12:52 PM
Idk if this was answered and I apologize in advance if someone has but is there a max level personality goes up to? Mine seem to have stopped at 4.

Currently in the process of max out the pet stats... (bored) lol

Sp-24
Feb 9, 2016, 12:56 PM
Level 5 is the highest a personality can go. It's attained at level 100.

Dark Emerald EXE
Feb 9, 2016, 01:51 PM
Level 5 is the highest a personality can go. It's attained at level 100.

Ah that must be 13* only then since my Wanda is 12* and capped at level 95 and has been Level 4 for the longest lol

nevershootme
Feb 9, 2016, 02:52 PM
Finally got my wanda to lvl 100 and the pet limit release was underwhelming. Just an answer of yes or no and then a white flash. Oh and a warning saying your lower rarity eggs are kinda useless when leveling past 100

TaigaUC
Feb 9, 2016, 03:09 PM
WHITE FLASH!!

ThePageofHeart
Feb 9, 2016, 03:33 PM
So what exactly is the Pet Limit Break supposed to do anyway...?

TaigaUC
Feb 9, 2016, 03:35 PM
Just lets you level pet above maximum level.
But only to a different maximum. Kinda dumb really.

Poyonche
Feb 9, 2016, 03:59 PM
Break the limit to reveal another limit. :wacko:

nevershootme
Feb 9, 2016, 07:07 PM
The pet is supposed to be "reborn" as per the flavor text.

TaigaUC
Feb 9, 2016, 07:09 PM
Uhh. Does it really say that? What the hell.
I guess now we know what the PSO2 episode 4 subtitle means.

nevershootme
Feb 9, 2016, 07:13 PM
以下のペットの限界突破を行います。 よろしいですか?
※ 限界突破後は、 低レアリティのエッグでは成長しづらくなりますので、 ご注意ください

ピエトロに「 限界突破」 を依頼すると、 レベル100まで育てたペットでもさらにレベルを上げることができます

This is from my Google translate scans when talking to Pietro after having a lvl 100 pet

Selphea
Feb 9, 2016, 08:38 PM

ピエトロに「 限界突破」 を依頼すると、 レベル100まで育てたペットでもさらにレベルを上げることができます

This is from my Google translate scans when talking to Pietro after having a lvl 100 pet

The following pet's level limit will be broken. Would you like to go ahead with this?

Please note that once a pet's limit has been broken, lower rarity eggs will have a reduced effect.

TaigaUC
Feb 10, 2016, 05:18 AM
They could have named it EPISODE 4 - LIMIT BREAK

cheapgunner
Feb 10, 2016, 10:46 PM
What's the best way to hunt for higher rarity eggs, besides endlessly farming Bosses on quests like a madman? I have a 10* Wanda but want at least 12*s for each pet. ;_;

wahahaha
Feb 10, 2016, 11:09 PM
Current LQ drops tons of eggs.
mai friendo will be happy.

Selphea
Feb 10, 2016, 11:13 PM
Considering they only drop from bosses, the only way is to farm bosses and certain EQs. If you don't want to run quests then do a trigger run.

chewybar265
Feb 11, 2016, 06:22 AM
I'm sure this question has probably been answered already, but where does 13* torim drop?

TaigaUC
Feb 11, 2016, 06:36 AM
UQ Liilipa, or the limited quest.

chewybar265
Feb 11, 2016, 06:56 AM
UQ Liilipa, or the limited quest.

thanks! I've been wondering where for a long time now :)

deusalkaiser
Feb 13, 2016, 02:51 AM
how do i change pet personality? i saw it under options when i upgraded pet but can i use same rarity pets to change the personality? such as wanda dog pet 9 star ---> 9 star with different personality or did i just screw myself over by not changing early when its cheap? i allready invested a lot of +stats on the 3 light pets i have at 9 star and 9 star stuff are extremely expensive.

Dephinix
Feb 13, 2016, 03:46 AM
how do i change pet personality? i saw it under options when i upgraded pet but can i use same rarity pets to change the personality? such as wanda dog pet 9 star ---> 9 star with different personality or did i just screw myself over by not changing early when its cheap? i allready invested a lot of +stats on the 3 light pets i have at 9 star and 9 star stuff are extremely expensive.

On the first page of guide under the "Setting Up" section"

Q. How do I change pet personality?
When you change pet rarity, you'll get an option to select personality, similar to how you can select potentials.
Note that you need to have an egg of the same rarity or higher.
With this in mind, you should decide on a personality before you upgrade rarity beyond 9, because it will be difficult getting rarer eggs.

ArcaneTechs
Feb 13, 2016, 04:04 AM
How exactly does Wanda Pulser work? It felt like a weak upper attack, what am I missing?

Kondibon
Feb 13, 2016, 04:39 AM
How exactly does Wanda Pulser work? It felt like a weak upper attack, what am I missing?It has a DoT effect on the hitbox it hits, the same way Torim Shot does.

deusalkaiser
Feb 13, 2016, 05:03 AM
On the first page of guide under the "Setting Up" section"

thank you

jooozek
Feb 13, 2016, 09:17 AM
is the xie parfait worth if i don't have enough stones for other parfaits? got maybe 15 lambda grinders if i account in seals

nevershootme
Feb 13, 2016, 11:14 AM
is the xie parfait worth if i don't have enough stones for other parfaits? got maybe 15 lambda grinders if i account in seals

Swiki notes it's a 7% dmg increase on weak element. I'm probably going to keep a few as a just in case due to the low drop rate when doing MBD.

Z-0
Feb 13, 2016, 11:20 AM
Personally I don't think that one is worth it because doing rainbow pets is difficult due to the pet limit. You'd be better off just waiting for another parfait and spending badges on something else.

It might be alright to place without grinding it up but I wouldn't waste grinders or meseta on it.

Bellion
Feb 13, 2016, 11:31 AM
Yeah, just avoid that Parfait. I've seen others recommending that parfait and I don't know why anyone would actually do so with the limited amount of pets you can have. Blast + Megaton is a much more solid choice in terms of conditions + power.

TaigaUC
Feb 13, 2016, 11:48 AM
Is my guide difficult to navigate/read or something?
Should I bother rewriting it? I was thinking Selphea's guide already provides a good alternative.

I recommend against rainbow pets now, because it seems like they will be adding more pets fairly quickly.
10 slots will definitely not be enough.

starwind75043
Feb 13, 2016, 04:06 PM

I keep one in backup darker fighter pet but thats about it

ArcaneTechs
Feb 13, 2016, 09:47 PM
It has a DoT effect on the hitbox it hits, the same way Torim Shot does.
thanks, i kept attacking so i never really noticed the DoT

Dark Emerald EXE
Feb 13, 2016, 09:50 PM
Whats ideal (if any) personality for Torim?

Bellion
Feb 13, 2016, 10:13 PM
The one that increases your PA damage at the cost of increased PP. No idea what EN translation is but it should be along the lines of doing your best, hard worker, try hard, etc.

Go for the rare variant of the personality that is like very hard worker or something.

DRAGONxNOGARD
Feb 18, 2016, 10:19 AM
what is most summoner best subclass i think techer for buff and heal pet when pet sympathy is activated

TaigaUC
Feb 18, 2016, 11:10 AM
i think read guide good info maybe help i hope

tl;dr braver sub is nice

Tyroki
Feb 19, 2016, 12:41 AM
If the pet uses your stats for it's damages, what is the point of giving it cookies?
What is the point of raising it's S/R/T-Atk?

Rehal
Feb 19, 2016, 12:45 AM
Pets use both of your ATK stats and their own ATK stats.

Tyroki
Feb 19, 2016, 01:39 AM
Pets use both of your ATK stats and their own ATK stats.

Aaaaand that makes more sense. Thank you =)

leon098
Feb 19, 2016, 01:49 AM
just a question whats the parfait that is dropped at the new choco eq and what is its effect?

Sandmind
Feb 19, 2016, 02:59 AM
just a question whats the parfait that is dropped at the new choco eq and what is its effect?

Pretty sure the effect is something like 40% bonus on normal attack, aka Braver's skill. Might be nice on a SUBR as a placeholder ... if you're willing to spare the space or lambda grinder that is. Or if multiple of same pet?

leon098
Feb 19, 2016, 05:57 AM
Pretty sure the effect is something like 40% bonus on normal attack, aka Braver's skill. Might be nice on a SUBR as a placeholder ... if you're willing to spare the space or lambda grinder that is. Or if multiple of same pet?

thanks for the reply, hmm i think other parfait would still be good to get though

Rakurai
Feb 19, 2016, 06:01 AM
I only recently realized that both Wanda and Torim have a proper three-step normal attack combo, but will only use it if you're not hitting attack repeatedly and the target is remaining within a certain distance of them between each hit.

It's helpful to know, because the second and third hits of Wanda's attacks do about 50% and 80% more damage then the initial hit respectively.

domadoma80
Feb 19, 2016, 06:15 AM
am wondering what kind of mag do u guys have? what do u feed it for end game gear? pure dex or pure r atk mag? and best red weapon how can find one in auction what should i type?

leon098
Feb 19, 2016, 06:17 AM
now that you mention i've tried it also and yeah the attack pattern for the 2nd and 3rd is different and has different damage output too, as i've always just smash the normal attack for the pet to attack quickly i didn't notice about it

Rakurai
Feb 19, 2016, 05:38 PM
Am I correct in assuming Torim isn't actually that much better then Wanda in terms of raw DPS outside of moments where you're actually able to connect with a fully charged Spiral?

It just doesn't seem possible to use it when bosses aren't stunned in most cases due to how squishy it is.

Shinamori
Feb 21, 2016, 03:17 PM
Is there a real difference between S, T, or R atk-based pets?

Vatallus
Feb 21, 2016, 03:22 PM
Friend made a quick guide for raising 13* pets for max potential.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prti1PcZEgk

Kondibon
Feb 21, 2016, 03:22 PM
Is there a real difference between S, T, or R atk-based pets?The mag you have, and which subclass you want to get the most out of would be the determining factor of the stats on your pets.

Shinamori
Feb 21, 2016, 04:39 PM
Let's say I just want to use Br sub. I heard r-atk works better, but it could be either atk-type.

Kondibon
Feb 21, 2016, 04:44 PM
Let's say I just want to use Br sub. I heard r-atk works better, but it could be either atk-type.There's no difference, it would depend on your mag then. Just go with whichever stat you can get highest.

TaigaUC
Feb 21, 2016, 11:34 PM
After messing around with pets, I feel it goes something like this:

Wanda:
Good damage, but a bit slow. Good for prolonged fights. Doesn't use as much PP.
Has good survival. Default positioning may make it difficult to apply Pet Sympathy.
Not good for tagging because of slow execution. Not sure about PP regen speed.
Seems to perform well even without fancy candies.
Easy to farm high rarity pet if you just spam Train Gidoras triggers.

Torim:
Great for burst damage and killing stuff quickly, but sucks up PP quickly (because of personality).
Takes forever to regenerate PP. Dies very easily.
Torim Spiral is an amazing nuke, but very situational because of the long charging time and tight positioning.
Rarity above 9 almost never drops. Rare as hell.
Edit: Finally got a 12 star Torim from Bal Lodos in the Limited Quest.

Sari:
My least used pet.
Good for tagging weaker enemies, but doesn't seem good for tagging bosses like Decol Maluda.
Not sure if best for mobbing because the other pets can also cut through enemies quickly.
Very good PP regen if you have the personality for it. But switching pets in and out takes forever.
Ranged damage is pretty safe, but not sure how it compares to Torim and Wanda.
Ranged Zondeel is so-so, feels like running up and using Zondeel is more reliable.
Gets killed if you go anywhere near the enemies and then back off. Sari likes to stay next to the enemy and die.
Easiest to keep Pet Sympathy up. Has the least satisfying attacks (the least "impact" and feel).
Higher rarity versions drop pretty much everywhere, from everything.
Makes mewing sounds like a cat getting molested. Great, if you're into that. I'm not.

Soo... I'm thinking that if you're poor, you can probably just make do with a Wanda.

Kondibon
Feb 22, 2016, 12:25 AM
I would only consider switching to Cery specifically for PP regen worth while as a Su/Gu with max attack pp restorate.

Sandmind
Feb 22, 2016, 03:01 AM
I also don't use Sari that often, but unless I remember wrong, hitting normal attack with it far away usually reset it over your shoulder.

yoshiblue
Feb 22, 2016, 04:00 AM
The only time I use Sari is if all my other doods are dead, and it's not often. When I do use the cat dude, I often find myself saying, "No, stay up there where I wanted you," because sometimes I'll use a move and it will stay up in the air, and sometimes I will use the same move and it will come back to me. It's very bizarre.

Rehal
Feb 22, 2016, 04:45 AM
Sari will go off if you give PA command to somewhere that's out of its range, if it's close enough then it will go back to you then do PA from your side instead.

Kondibon
Feb 22, 2016, 02:21 PM
Sari will go off if you give PA command to somewhere that's out of its range, if it's close enough then it will go back to you then do PA from your side instead.
I just spent like half an hour trying various things, and I don't think that's how it works. It's like Cery has 3 modes (following you on every PA, Following the enemy on every PA, and staying in one spot to use PAs), and I have no idea how to switch between them or what triggers them. I'm sure it's not range though because I've had it run off to hit an enemy that was clearly in range of Cery Plode, or Curse, then had it use those PAs on things that were too far for it to even hit without even moving.

Rakurai
Feb 22, 2016, 09:24 PM
Sari just seems kind of broken, as I notice it failing to use its PAs despite PP being consumed rather frequently

Kondibon
Feb 22, 2016, 09:32 PM
Sari just seems kind of broken, as I notice it failing to use its PAs despite PP being consumed rather frequentlyThat's just caused by spamming them so fast that you cancel the previous one. Technically it's the same with Torim Slash and Wanda Slicer. It's less of a bug and more of an oversight from being able to give pets commands while they're doing something else.

I agree though. Cery seems kinda wonky in general, even compaired to the other pets. I really wish I could figure out what determines how it moves because being able to control it better would make it a lot more useful to me. :/

TaigaUC
Feb 23, 2016, 05:53 AM
Yeah I noticed Sari keeps going "*whinewhine*", eating up PP, spinning around, and then nothing comes out.
Wanda's generic dog sound kinda gets on my nerves too.

Kondibon
Feb 23, 2016, 08:00 AM
Wanda's generic dog sound kinda gets on my nerves too.Well... we know how it got its name at least.

wanwan wanwan wanwan (https://wanwan.moe/)

Rakurai
Feb 23, 2016, 11:42 PM
I noticed that the damage multiplier on Maron's explosion is considerably higher then that of even a Shout-boosted, fully charged Torim Spiral (25500 vs. 19075).

Wonder how much damage the thing needs to take in order to deal the maximum possible damage. It'll probably add some nice burst damage if it's used to soak some big attacks like Double's charge or Magatsu's explosion.

Kondibon
Feb 23, 2016, 11:51 PM
Blocking big stuff with it sounds like the best use to be honest. I can't imagine it would be worth it otherwise.

arokidaaron
Feb 24, 2016, 02:13 AM
I noticed that the damage multiplier on Maron's explosion is considerably higher then that of even a Shout-boosted, fully charged Torim Spiral (25500 vs. 19075).

Wonder how much damage the thing needs to take in order to deal the maximum possible damage. It'll probably add some nice burst damage if it's used to soak some big attacks like Double's charge or Magatsu's explosion.

if you check the trailer again here at 3:25 (https://youtu.be/FVC7HSM5pOw?t=273) you could see the explosion doing a decent amount of damage(considering that Alter Ego & Point Assist aren't even added in, let alone not hiting a weakpoin) . For that PA alone tho, i'm curious to see if average/weak stance charge would affect the damage(Or if the pa is even considered a charge PA).

Now as for building up the damage caused to Maron/Malon, I was thinking that casting zondeel + tagging them to take aggro might be a good way to take damage easily. Not sure if this will work tho, but wanna test it as soon as the update hits.

starwind75043
Feb 24, 2016, 05:51 PM
Yeah my Sari is mostly there
for Xq when ask to kill the ____with a status affect
and to take Doubles and PD rocket Attack

DRAGONxNOGARD
Feb 26, 2016, 11:41 AM
Q. What subclass is best for Summoner?
Still currently disputed. I'll list them in order of most recommended/popular:
Braver: Generally safest and most reliable. Attack Advance increases regular damage by a lot. There aren't many charged-based skills, so be mindful of that.
Gunner: Benefits from PP regeneration, Chain Trigger, etc. Does not benefit from Zero Range.
Fighter: Highest damage, but unreliable due to stance. PP regen issues.
Techer: Good support skills, and good damage if you have a rainbow set of pets for each element.
Bouncer: Like Techer, good for rainbow element setups.
Force: Not recommended. Does not benefit from most skills.
Ranger: Not recommended. Does not benefit from most skills.

what about su/hu?

Sp-24
Feb 26, 2016, 11:46 AM
Su/Hu and Su/Ra are the worst ideas for Summoner builds. They don't work together pretty much at all.

DRAGONxNOGARD
Feb 26, 2016, 11:51 AM
Su/Hu and Su/Ra are the worst ideas for Summoner builds. They don't work together pretty much at all.

i have hu/fi char and im lazy lv next 75 su/br...so...su/fi?

Sp-24
Feb 26, 2016, 12:00 PM
Probably. On paper, it's the strongest subclass, but you need to properly position your pet to not lose a good chunk of your damage. Don't know how it compares to /Br in practice.

akitalevia
Feb 27, 2016, 02:39 AM
Suprised that lvl 65 Bio Meduna from the TACO can dropp a 12* Torim egg

GHNeko
Feb 27, 2016, 03:01 AM
Is Support Roll worth it for Rainbow Sally, or would the Substitute Roll be a better choice?