PDA

View Full Version : My Opinion on the Appenix disc

myau1
Mar 9, 2001, 03:04 AM
How disappointing! Sega should have had these problems fixed before PSO was released. Sega is also trying to hard to stop cheaters! Focus on the game Sega, and let people play how they see fit. This isnt Doom and cheating doesnt affect anyones game but the cheaters. Now Sega wants us to buy another disc to use that will fix bugs, and stop codes from working? What are they thinking??? Cheaters arent going to buy that disc and there goes about 70% of the PSO population and I sure as hell dont want to spend any money on a game that I finished in about 5 days! Im too busy playing Skies of Arcadia! I'll wait for PSO 2 and see if Sega can do Phantasy Star the way it should be done next time. Although the disc MIGHT be worth it if they include at least 2 more levels a new ending and some new items on it, but I dont think that will happen.

Shado
Mar 9, 2001, 03:32 AM
myau1,

The append disc, IF it happens, isn't about bugs or stopping cheaters. It would be an expansion to the existing game. (i.e. more quests, items, levels, monsters, maybe even the other nine characters that Naka himself stated got left out due to time constraints.) While I don't doubt Sonic Team would put extra measures in eliminating the possibility of cheating onto the disc, it wouldn't be the primary reason for it.

diospadre
Mar 9, 2001, 04:18 AM
well since that ign article is all the information we have, and it only talks about bug fixes and cheating, we have no reason as of yet to believe that it would do anything but that.

however i believe that there will be some added incentive to get this disc, maybe extra levels, more weapons (hopefully, everything as of now has been duped to worthlessness) etc. i cant fgure out any way to distribute the thing, though. most people arent gonna waant to buy it. if it costs more than twenty bucks or so i sure wont.

Draekkan
Mar 9, 2001, 06:17 AM
What if SEGA decides to REQUIRE the expansion disk in order to connect to certain servers?

I would believe this disk would substitute the PSO disk on the DC, and it would basically be an upgraded version of the current game, though it requires the serial Number and Access Key, and saved char of the first game.

Otherwise, how could they store the info on this expansion disk? In memory? I don't think there is enough memory left while the game is running....

Marlboro
Mar 9, 2001, 06:26 AM
I'll go along with it if it adds to the game and allows a backup save(If you wanna start from scracth from BSOD or whatever go for it but the masses have spoken)

Have to wait for more info but it sounds good to me.

JaMaWu
Mar 9, 2001, 06:43 AM
If sega were to require this disc to connect to servers they would get one LARGE flame letter from myself. I do not cheat, and do not plan to cheat, why should I shell out more of my hard earned cash to play this game? Hell I've already had to buy kb just for this game...gimmie a break sega, please do not do this.

myau1
Mar 9, 2001, 12:57 PM
Well the disc better have some more levels and character classes. And if Sega REQUIRES you to use this disc to play online that would be total crap. I already paid damn near 60 bucks for the game I dont want to pay more money for a game that i have already beaten several times and only play now when I need a break from SOA!

Jaiden
Mar 9, 2001, 07:55 PM
dude you guys are freakin out. if its just a bunch of bug fixes, it'll be free. if there is new content, then MAYBE there will be a cost associated with it.

1) they won't require you to use the new disc to play. SEGA will add more servers exclusively for playing with the new disc. A safe haven for all of us non-cheaters who don't want duper ruining the game for us.

GOD I CAN'T WAIT.

2) the old servers will continue to support the original disc.

3) you can import the character and use it with the append game, but not the other way around.

This is just my own speculation but it seems easy and probably the only way to do it so everyone is happy.

Sheesh lighten up people!

Manifest
Mar 9, 2001, 08:26 PM
dude this is the first Ive heard of a new disk. I remember reading an interview where they said they wouldnt do expansions, just sequels. But this would rock.

Spasm
Mar 9, 2001, 09:10 PM
Listen to Jaiden! He had his appendix out a long time ago! He knows what it's like.

b0n
Mar 9, 2001, 09:19 PM
i do hope that a few surprises do find their way onto the disk
i will buy it regardless
because i love the game