PDA

View Full Version : PC DS4 controller not behaving correctly suddenly

Jeane JWE
Feb 1, 2016, 06:00 PM
I've been using a DS4 controller interfacing as a 360 controller via DS4Windows for a few weeks now without any issues, but yesterday it's suddenly stopped behaving correctly. Buttons are not being themselves, ie. circle is being detected as square, cross is going through as circle, no triggers work, and the camera is continuously spinning.
This seems to be an issue specifically with PSO2 and the DS4 because:

Only PSO2 is doing this. Any other game is working with the controller just fine, even XPadder is detecting all of the inputs correctly.
A spare 360 controller worked just fine.

"Use the 360 controller?"
Heck No. That is an awful idea. Why would you ever suggest that someone.

"Use the keyboard?"
I can't find any mouse sensitivity settings or I'd be willing to put up with it. That said, I still waaaay prefer playing an action game with a control setup I'm familiar with as I am with the DS4 controller, so I would really like to find a solution for this.

jooozek
Feb 1, 2016, 07:25 PM
was yesterday the first day you played the game after episode 4 launch? in some other thread there is a mention of SEGA adding native support for DS4 on ep4 launch, apparently it's borked for people who used wrappers like DS4tool
calibrating the gamepad ingame would fix some of the issues (like wrong faceplates)

Jeane JWE
Feb 1, 2016, 07:41 PM
No, I'd played fine for a few days prior, but maybe I should try playing using the DS4 without the tool, that hadn't occurred to me.

Jeane JWE
Feb 2, 2016, 03:11 AM
No luck. I tried uninstalling DS4Tool's drivers, but the issue persists, it's likely that the wrapper isn't actually related.