PDA

View Full Version : gunslash extend

DRAGONxNOGARD
Feb 2, 2016, 08:20 AM
i want ussing RA/HU for WB and HU for stronger melee and when i want extend my gunslash so will need 600 DEX for equip so should build mag PURE DEX?

Rupikachu
Feb 2, 2016, 08:28 AM
This is so wrong at many levels...

DRAGONxNOGARD
Feb 2, 2016, 08:30 AM
so...?

Kondibon
Feb 2, 2016, 08:50 AM
Use a requirement reducer and/or requirement changer instead. I think Fi/Hu would be better for a gunslash build though. WB is nice and all, but it's a rifle skill and bullet keep doesn't work with gunslashes so you'd either have to burst like a gunner or braver, or wait for WB to cool down.

Sacrificial
Feb 2, 2016, 08:59 AM
just a normal pure ratk mag. at 75/75 you have more than enough dex

Akero
Feb 2, 2016, 08:59 AM
goddamit イツキ

Ce'Nedra
Feb 2, 2016, 09:04 AM
I went S-atk and R-atk hybrid, so 100/100.

final_attack
Feb 2, 2016, 09:10 AM
i want ussing RA/HU for WB and HU for stronger melee and when i want extend my gunslash so will need 600 DEX for equip so should build mag PURE DEX?

Might want to focus on 1 part ...... if you're using Ra main, maybe better to use pure R-Atk Mag, along with R-Atk based only PAs, due to the nature of WHA.

If you want the melee-based or balanced one, I'd go FiHu.

I personally prefer melee one due to high-dps Serpentoire ._. Already wanted to make Gunslash based since months ago, finally get the budget (temporary) now ._.

As for weapon, if you're ranged, maybe go Skull Gunslash ...... or Ares. Melee can get away with CelestaLaser (if you play TAJA, since it's stronger than Ares due to high % bonus).

DRAGONxNOGARD
Feb 2, 2016, 09:15 AM
i want be hybrid with ranged and melee PA gunslash RA main for shot WB and kill it with addional bullet or strezwei

Macmaxi
Feb 2, 2016, 09:20 AM
last time i checked melee strezwei doesnt use RA multipliers and range version is for mobbing, but yeah add bully somewhat works

Ce'Nedra
Feb 2, 2016, 09:21 AM
I went S-atk and R-atk hybrid, so 100/100.

*raises hand*

I have the same idea bout my gunslash as you. IMO the attacks both benefit gunslash PAs since they use both to a extend, plus I can still bust out a sword or something if I feel like it :)

ZerotakerZX
Feb 2, 2016, 10:03 AM
Buy decent 12*, it's far better than any crafted junk. Some 12* like Queen Vera are quite easy to drop.

Qualia
Feb 2, 2016, 10:38 AM
"I want a specific gunslash build that doesn't even synergize very well. I need help but if you tell me my idea isn't good, I'll ignore you. Ra/Hu weak bullet gunslash 4lyfe"

No seriously though, there's a gunslash guide already. It hasn't been updated for like a year, but neither have gunslashes lol

DRAGONxNOGARD
Feb 2, 2016, 11:57 AM
"I want a specific gunslash build that doesn't even synergize very well. I need help but if you tell me my idea isn't good, I'll ignore you. Ra/Hu weak bullet gunslash 4lyfe"

No seriously though, there's a gunslash guide already. It hasn't been updated for like a year, but neither have gunslashes lol

what do you wanna say?

Qualia
Feb 2, 2016, 12:10 PM
I'm saying if you want to use both melee and ranged, don't use a range-oriented mainclass. Take final attack's advice with fihu, and split a mag's s/r-atk 100/100. Crafting also doesn't seem like a viable choice given the circumstances either.

DRAGONxNOGARD
Feb 2, 2016, 12:33 PM
I'm saying if you want to use both melee and ranged, don't use a range-oriented mainclass. Take final attack's advice with fihu, and split a mag's s/r-atk 100/100. Crafting also doesn't seem like a viable choice given the circumstances either.

ok ty for info

Keilyn
Feb 2, 2016, 03:02 PM

Extension is good if you plan on crafting it all the way to the end, but there are also 13* gunslashes out there. If you are going for a pure Dex Mag, look at classes that can take advantage of Dexterity as well.

Bouncer Mag, and Braver Mag perhaps?

The other thing is that if you need 600 DEX, you can raise on another character Bouncer and Braver and I think both classes add as Class Bonuses some Bonus Dexterity to all your characters.

nguuuquaaa
Feb 2, 2016, 04:42 PM
Bouncer Mag and Braver Mag are pure trash.
I wonder why people still think this is great.
I mean 5sp for 100 S-Atk, 100 R-Atk and 200 DEX and another 5sp for 100 S-Atk, 100 T-Atk and 200 DEX while you can just spend 0sp and get 200 S-Atk.

On the topic of gunslash, I disagree with the idea of 100/100 on Mag.
The most useful PA include Serpent Air (100% S-Atk based) and Slash Rave (91% S-Atk based) so I would rather focus on S-Atk and make a 100 S-Atk + 70 R-Atk unit set or something.

Qualia
Feb 2, 2016, 05:39 PM
The most useful PA include Serpent Air (100% S-Atk based) and Slash Rave (91% S-Atk based) so I would rather focus on S-Atk and make a 100 S-Atk + 70 R-Atk unit set or something.

Kreisenschlag tho

nguuuquaaa
Feb 2, 2016, 05:43 PM
Too many hitstops that I miss JA so many times :wacko:

Petunia
Feb 2, 2016, 07:29 PM
Do viable gunslash hybrid builds even exist?
From my experience, you end up far weaker than your peers.

Selphea
Feb 2, 2016, 07:49 PM
Gunslash is a good weapon, but like most other weapons in the game except TMGs, Katana and maybe Jet Boots, it's only good in one aspect i.e. mobs. Add Bullet has always been solid and Standing Snipe headshot Kreisen is just insane.

On the other hand, no block, no parry, no iframe shift button that can be used mid-PA, no BS high damage like Graptor/BHS/End Attract/Barantsion/Banish/Vinto/PBF/Torim Shout+Slash and practically no range on its highest DPS attack, Slash Rave so how do you even kill bosses efficiently.

Even as Fi/Ra which doesn't get 10% title bonus for Rifles, ever since End Attract was added I find that it's faster to just End Attract most bosses after WB than try to Gunslash them.

Ra/Hu with Gunslash for mobs, Rifle for bosses and the occasional Launcher? That's totally legitimate if not meta, but until I see someone clear Solo XQ stage 10 using Gunslash without 2000HP or Celestial Bullet, I'll maintain that Gunslash just doesn't work well against bosses.

nguuuquaaa
Feb 2, 2016, 09:52 PM
I use gunslash as a sub weapon for FI/HU against some annoying bosses, like Vardha, Magatsu, Chrome, Anga when it resists DS.....
Actually gunslash is quite good at bossing, it just being outclassed by other FI weapons. Serpent Air has notable DPS while having short animation making Step easier and Slash Rave can be spammed mindlessly if one builds Automate.

Also Regenschlag is godlike at mobbing too since the melee portion has surprisingly large range and also freezes things it touched.

RealKillaK
Feb 2, 2016, 10:00 PM
Are you sure the gunslash is not your main weapon you use it for mobbing+bossing.

NoobSpectre
Feb 2, 2016, 10:27 PM
ClaissenSchlag, aka gunslash shotgun, is pretty good for mobbing at close range, which SH or above mobs will gladly rush into.

if acccording to clock direction, it would be 12,9,11,12,12, the last 3 is ratk though. If taken practice, its not hard to pull 4-5 out of 5 shots.

Maybe when subbing fi, can TAJA into Add Bullet (vice versa?), but as this is only theory, I'm not sure flying mobs will willingly show you their head to be shot to.

And as usual, Only a MC can pull out a gunslash OrbitEnd.

nguuuquaaa
Feb 3, 2016, 07:26 AM
Are you sure the gunslash is not your main weapon you use it for mobbing+bossing.

I..... first leveled up FI to play gunslash :wacko:
But for serious gameplay I use DS.

DRAGONxNOGARD
Feb 3, 2016, 07:27 AM
standing/moving snipe work too for gunslash? aiming shot < limited bullet? i seen fi/gu with gunslash and chain skill...

Selphea
Feb 3, 2016, 07:33 AM
Yea works with the shooting-type attacks. Strezwei, jump Raketen and Kreisenschlag keep you in the same place if you want to take advantage of it.

nguuuquaaa
Feb 3, 2016, 07:52 AM
FI/GU is not that good. I tried it myself, and still struggle 1-hook-ing Bal Rodos where FI/HU can bring down easily with just Slash Rave spam. The problem comes from slow chain building and no decent PAs to use as finisher, also Limit Break and Zero Range Advance/Crit boosts different portions, no synergy at all.

DRAGONxNOGARD
Feb 3, 2016, 08:03 AM
what pb should use for gunslash?

nguuuquaaa
Feb 3, 2016, 08:12 AM
It's down to preference between Julius Nifta (massive Zondeel) and Ketos Proi (mini Combat Escape + mini PP Convert).
I prefer Ketos Proi myself.

DRAGONxNOGARD
Feb 3, 2016, 08:31 AM
so jullius nifta/ketos proi mag s-atk/r-atk 100/100?

nguuuquaaa
Feb 3, 2016, 08:40 AM
I recommend 200 S-Atk mag, since bossing PA depend more on S-Atk than R-Atk. Also Limit Break.

Macmaxi
Feb 3, 2016, 08:48 AM
someone did pd solo with fi/hu gunslash. its less damage than most weapons, i would say single target it's slightly above / below sword (not sure which one, small sample size duking it out with my sword buddy)

DRAGONxNOGARD
Feb 3, 2016, 09:08 AM
someone did pd solo with fi/hu gunslash. its less damage than most weapons, i would say single target it's slightly above / below sword (not sure which one, small sample size duking it out with my sword buddy)

[Profound Darkness] solo?

Macmaxi
Feb 3, 2016, 09:19 AM
yes the very same. he has about 33 million hp that you have to deplete within 60 minutes, and double of course which clocks in at about 17 million. constant limit break helps you meeting the timer

DRAGONxNOGARD
Feb 3, 2016, 09:25 AM
want see magatsu solo

Macmaxi
Feb 3, 2016, 09:28 AM
XH magatsu has 77m and you barely even have the 30 mins, i think the EQ would fail after 20 or so when he reaches the last gate, since you can't even protect the gates from the kurons

DRAGONxNOGARD
Feb 3, 2016, 09:32 AM
solo xh loser should instant kill you if you will be frozen during stop time