PDA

View Full Version : Thank GOD good news about xbox hacks

Belmont
Apr 25, 2003, 10:11 PM
http://www.cd-rw.org/news/archive/3075.cfm
this is true and have backed it with my resorses from microsoft they are putting the smack down on Mods for one they are banning anyone with a mod from Xbox live so no more pso cheaters no mod chip no hacks?so if you got a mod chip dont be suprised to find your xbox live disconeted left and right i wasnt told when they are taking this action but soon and xbox will be mostl likly online hack free

raiden999
Apr 25, 2003, 10:21 PM
Wow, that was fast... know whats gonna be faster? The amount of people who recreate these mod chips just to keep the hacking going... let's face it, psox is hacked, and will be hacked...

Kthak
Apr 25, 2003, 10:21 PM
Belmont, in the moaners thread you said that you didn't believe people were duping and that anyone who did was a n00b... now you are saying thank god that MS is cracking down on something you don't even believe is happening.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kthak on 2003-04-25 20:23 ]</font>

Belmont
Apr 26, 2003, 12:13 AM
Ok i understands you guys dont get the whole picture according to mircosoft any xbox with a mod in it will not be able to use xbox live and dont be naive they can detect if it has a mod and also so far out of the 300+ people i have asked no one has seen any signs of hacking so dont be so naive

Belmont
Apr 26, 2003, 12:15 AM
oh and to answer the 2nd question i dont believe its happening why drrr there not allowing mod chips to be used online and yes your comment made you sound like a complete n00b cause have you seen these hacks no you hearing whats called a rumor dont spread stuff you dont know about if i dint have full proof from MS i wouldnt have posted this.

Danderdag
Apr 26, 2003, 06:08 AM
hacking has definately happened, but Malcom X has supposedly already been banned, and I've not heard of anyone else doing it yet. Face it, it's not every jerkoff in the US who A) has two xboxes, one to hack with, one to go online with, and B) wants to keep spending 50 bucks on new XBL accounts.

MonoxideChild
Apr 26, 2003, 07:26 AM
All I have to say is look on the cmgsccc.com forums, or perhaps would you like to see a Yas 9000 with 90% dark?

It's happening.

Belmont
Apr 26, 2003, 08:46 AM
please so far i'll i have heard it on the forums OH GMY GOD Hacks i know this guy..gee i wonder if all you naive 12 year kids get i want in 26+ loobys and asked 100's of people if any hack sites and none!

fools.....12 yr n00bs

PentUpAnger
Apr 26, 2003, 09:38 AM
You make the name Belmont look bad...

btw... you can hack PSOX without a modchip... and no it doesn't require a cheat device like an Action Replay...

also... MS cracking down on modchip owners and banning them from XBox Live... where have you been since Live came out... they have been doing that since day one.

dont be two-faced... if you say that you dont believe something in one thread dont jump to another thread and act like your word is GOD saying that you are glad MS is doing something against what you dont even believe is happening.... you make yourself look very bad when you do this...

this topic has already been discussed in various other threads... junk threads are junk threads.
I am done...

Shoryu
Apr 26, 2003, 10:23 AM
on hacking pso without a modchip:
this requires physically taking your hard drive out of your xbox and installing it in your computer. of course, your computer won't be able to just read it, you'll have to crack the 2056-bit encryption on it first, then hex-edit your save. Not exactly easy stuff, right?

Belmont
Apr 26, 2003, 10:40 AM
no not easy and sence you n00bs yes still n00bs havnt said you have seen these hacks guess what you really dont need to say anything on here all you people do are talk about how its ruining the xbox pso news flash its one of the most secure pso yet sence its easy to dup items on Gamecube so unless your willing to stand by your facts which i doubt you are go on XBOX Live and show me

excuses are for the weak...

Belmont
Apr 26, 2003, 10:46 AM
oh and Shoryu
you got the right idea of cource its possible drrr but heres the best part say someone was creative enough to do that??once about 3-10 people give MS some good ole feedback on this guy hes out and lost $50 for his XBOX live for being a jackass MS will make this game a safe envoriment for pso gamers so i ask for you who are smarter than this guy who believe the lastest post on the forums or so photopics in fact i just might make some photoshop fakes my self to show how insecure and n00bish some of you are....and for the rest of you who are not going to believe the goose chases

raiden999
Apr 26, 2003, 11:29 AM
On 2003-04-26 06:46, Belmont wrote:
fools.....12 yr n00bs

Maybe this could be reversed since you think that this is actually going to prevent hacking. Breaking the encryption on the xbox HDD may be hard to do, but you know someone's gonna do it just because, then they'll have no problems hacking now will they. Oh wait... one of my friends at school have already broken the encryption when they put the HDD into the comp.

Kthak
Apr 26, 2003, 01:06 PM
Belmont, the only person you are making fun of when you call us noobs is... yourself. You show how unbelievably fanboyish and naive YOU are. "PSOX is the most secure PSO yet," when only a week into we have screenshots of LV 200 players with rare after rare after rare. Last time I looked, PSOX came out after both Christmas and Halloween... so what are Jack O'Lanterns and Christmas Presents doing there?

We have proof that hacking is happening and you say it is photoshopped.... yeah right. It is kind of sad really... even if you came across a Lv 200 player laying the most rare items in the game on the ground for anyone to take, you will probably still deny that your high and mighty PSOX could ever be hacked.

Axelay
Apr 26, 2003, 01:40 PM
On 2003-04-26 08:46, Belmont wrote:
oh and Shoryu
you got the right idea of cource its possible drrr but heres the best part say someone was creative enough to do that??once about 3-10 people give MS some good ole feedback on this guy hes out and lost $50 for his XBOX live for being a jackass MS will make this game a safe envoriment for pso gamers so i ask for you who are smarter than this guy who believe the lastest post on the forums or so photopics in fact i just might make some photoshop fakes my self to show how insecure and n00bish some of you are....and for the rest of you who are not going to believe the goose chases

Perhaps the person doing the hacking keeps a really low profile so that no one is aware that he/she is hacking...? Let's just pretend for a minute that IF I were to hack anything, expendable non-rare items would be at the top of my list. Rares are too easy of a giveaway.

Or perhaps if I did hack anything (and let me come right out now and say that I have not... but I might just consider it if I knew I wold not get caught), I would not go around showing it off to everyone else whom I did not know from Adam's housecat. Perhaps just my small group of friends and I who regularly play together would keep this kind of thing on the downlow and not disrupt the community by showing off.

Real cheating/hacking/stealing/whatever is done by keeping a low profile in mind. If no one but you knows you did it, you'll be a good sight harder to catch.

PentUpAnger
Apr 26, 2003, 01:47 PM
hmm... can you save PSOX characters on a memory card? Because if you can.. you can easily dupe.

It is wide known that the ports for the XBox are actually USB... even though the plug isnt. Therefore you can use any USB device on it and it should work... if you have the adapter... but those are easy to make.

Meaning... you can have a USB external HDD that you can save your PSOX saves onto... which means they can be hacked on a PC.

BTW.. only "n00bs" say "n00bs" anyone with half a brain knows it is "newbs".... and before you call anyone a "n00b" again.. take an english class, ok?

btw.. about breaking the encryption on the XBox HDD... it's been done for quite awhile.

your whole attitude about this thread should get you banned, but it probably wont.

Belmont
Apr 26, 2003, 03:03 PM
my point "one of my friends at school"
only does this mean that he is prob just a kid ages of 12-14 playing hackers lol dont worry i know the stage your going through just cause your little friend claims he can hack stuff lol like i said these little n00b hacks will be caught oh and according to the ILA it is illeage for people to be hacking the xbox so if there caught they will be fined and as a supporter of this cause i would like to know the name of your friend so i can report him and any other offenives alot of you guys dont understand that MS isnt you ordanary nintendo company there seriouse about here products and hack will be stoped....end of discussion, and please no more comments about my buddie from school can hack anything cause he cant he is just someone trying to sound cool. i understand PSO isnt just for people with intalect and over the age of 18 and passed high school of cource but please dont act all cool about the hacking subject stick to rare items.

Belmont
Apr 26, 2003, 03:10 PM
oh and no you cant save your chara to your mem card thats just asking for dupes MS knows what there doing i think Playstion should get pso (note i dont like the PS2) but at least they know how to make a game online (Everquest) but no the only way to be proven to hack pso is a mod and live is protected from mods and such hacks if you hook your xbox and hack the HDD live will detect your HDD was modified and will not allow you to connect to live i guess you can save chara to GC though....not good so far out of playing pso ver 1 and 2 on DC GC and XBOX Xbox looks to be the most secure so i sold my GC and i only play on xbox

Reenee
Apr 26, 2003, 03:21 PM
Holy shit, that took ages to decipher. Jeez, Belmont, can you please make the effort to actually put some friggin' punctuation in your sentences? Other people are (attempting to) reading your posts.

Belmont, face the facts: hackers are potent. Sure, they can ban those modifed XBoxes, but as someone stated, they can reconfigure the chips. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they devised a hack to make the chip go into stealth mode (if possible). And already someone stated you don't need a modifed XBox to hack.

I also resent your attitude: you think you're high and mighty when you keep calling us newbies repeatedly and restate the obvious.

Vitamin_D
Apr 26, 2003, 04:47 PM
First you said...

all i have seen is pictures that could have been edited on photoshop or it could be a offline thing most of this people have not even seen the so called "Hacks" my opinion if you havnt seen or done it dont talk about it noobs

And then you say...

i wasnt told when they are taking this action but soon and xbox will be mostl likly online hack free

Hmmmm....

Orange_Coconut
Apr 26, 2003, 05:01 PM
Unfortunately I don't think it's possible to have any system be "hack free". Both Xbox and Gamecube will have cheating on them, why not just face the facts?

PentUpAnger
Apr 26, 2003, 05:19 PM
On 2003-04-26 15:01, Orange_Coconut wrote:

...why not just face the facts?

Because he cant. Fanboy-ism has gotten the best of him.

I would be playing PSOX if I could get broadband where I live. But having 1000+ hours on the GCN version is not something to overlook.

Belmont
Apr 26, 2003, 05:20 PM
ok ok i understand you guys prob only play pso and have no other video games you play online right? drrr i dunno but sence i have like about 27 different online games i play and enjoy....like lets say EverQuest you never see hacks on there why drrr cause there on it everytime there is a new hack boom the fix that asap so yes there is such a thing as hack free inviroment get off your pso game station just cause we where all hacked by DC doesnt mean there cant be hack free if there is a hacker smart enough to hack it then there is forsure someone else who can fix it its logic.....well now that i figured out the solution that you people just dont have much online experance and dont keep up on resoruses about your favorite online games cause all you guys through at me are nothing but pityful insults blah...you speak for nothing but your own independant minds so I'm glad people such as your self dont wanna play xbox cause psox doesnt need any more ignornamuses runing around talking like they have clue so ends my point dont get pso for xbox for mine and the other hapily online gamers on there now but i encourage you all to do more research than live on the forums of PSO well i have way more things to do like get more information that basicly lets me know that i know whats going on with the online gaming Industry sence i was a game devolper for EQ for about 2 years i know what online games go through and how they stop hacks so please dont respond if you havnt seen these hacks for your self or have some true professinal online gaming exprience cause sounds like just a bunch of people who sit around play pso and only pso and dont really know how the internet gaming works truly can anyone here honstly say you have had experience in online gaming or hosting??? or do you just sit around and play the games and make up stuff or do you find the facts....find the facts before you speak next time

PentUpAnger
Apr 26, 2003, 05:30 PM
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD... LEARN HOW TO TYPE IN SENTENCES!

You type like a 12 year old.

name the other online games that you play other than PSO and EQ.. you have 25 or so to name. If you cant name them then why say you play them?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PentUpAnger on 2003-04-26 15:31 ]</font>

saffaya
Apr 26, 2003, 05:35 PM
mmh .. guys .. the article pointed to at the beginning of the thread is dated 6/27/2002 ..
Lots of modchips have been manufactured since. And they are legal since they are made blank. The owner has then to put a program in them.

The main problem with having a cheat free PSO is that SOnic Team doesn't give a sh*t anymore about the game.
They're busy porting/developping new games on the GC, and are leaving PSO behind.

Kthak
Apr 26, 2003, 06:22 PM
On 2003-04-26 15:20, Belmont wrote:
ok ok i understand you guys prob only play pso and have no other video games you play online right? drrr i dunno but sence i have like about 27 different online games i play and enjoy....like lets say EverQuest you never see hacks on there why drrr cause there on it everytime there is a new hack boom the fix that asap so yes there is such a thing as hack free inviroment get off your pso game station just cause we where all hacked by DC doesnt mean there cant be hack free if there is a hacker smart enough to hack it then there is forsure someone else who can fix it its logic.....well now that i figured out the solution that you people just dont have much online experance and dont keep up on resoruses about your favorite online games cause all you guys through at me are nothing but pityful insults blah...you speak for nothing but your own independant minds so I'm glad people such as your self dont wanna play xbox cause psox doesnt need any more ignornamuses runing around talking like they have clue so ends my point dont get pso for xbox for mine and the other hapily online gamers on there now but i encourage you all to do more research than live on the forums of PSO well i have way more things to do like get more information that basicly lets me know that i know whats going on with the online gaming Industry sence i was a game devolper for EQ for about 2 years i know what online games go through and how they stop hacks so please dont respond if you havnt seen these hacks for your self or have some true professinal online gaming exprience cause sounds like just a bunch of people who sit around play pso and only pso and dont really know how the internet gaming works truly can anyone here honstly say you have had experience in online gaming or hosting??? or do you just sit around and play the games and make up stuff or do you find the facts....find the facts before you speak next time

I play several online games, for example I cancelled both of my Ultima Online accounts (4 years old) to play PSO online. I have also beta tested and played Earth and Beyond, and I will hopefully beta test FFXI. I have also run my own servers before, mostly for Ultima Online. All of these games hold all information server side and all of them have cheaters on them. I have extensive knowledge of hacking and cheating in UO and there are some exploits and cheats that have never been fixed, in 4 years of playing. If you honestly believe that ST is going to magically fix all problems that arise on PSOX you are sadly mistaken.

I also highly doubt YOU were a developer that worked on EQ (let alone any major video game) since your mastery of the English language is basic at best. Let me show you what you wrote would look like if you used correct spelling and grammar. This will be fun. Actually... nevermind. I got all the way to "so get off your PSO game station just cause we where all hacked by DC" and just gave up.

And all we throw at you are petty insults? Excuse me but who is calling who n00b? Who called who an ignoramus (which is funny, because while I use punctuation and know how to spell correctly, you refuse to do either)? You also say we don't provide any facts, yet we continually refer to another post that not only provides pictures OF THE HACKS, but also links to other sites that describe in DETAIL what is happening. You just say we are stupid, and naive... that we are being fooled by photoshopped pictures and that MicroSoft will wipe out hacking all together, something no other company has ever been able to do with an online game.

I guess all I can really say, is that you Belmont are an idiot XBox fanboy. I really am glad that I'm not on PSOX or else I would have to deal with losers like you.

Belmont
Apr 26, 2003, 07:49 PM
Like i said I've had enough with you people one i dont believe you one if you where going to be a beta tester for FFXI you would know that there is a slim chance that we might not see a FFXI and square soft may cancel the relase date on it because its been doing so badly in japan but you would know that right?Oh did you say ultima online?lol yeah i might believe you have something to do with that what they call "online rpg entertainment" i noticed you dint seem to have experience with any type of major industry and i dont need to use correct grammar with people like you and why do i like the xbox mabye cause i own GC and DC both are easly hacked and frusterating i like Xbox live cause i have been dealing with MS sence i was prob your age lol mabye not that young?And i know there plans for Live and i know the security they take with it
you most likly dont have a T1, or cable connection so you cant get xbox live lol but being as server you would think you would be running a T1 right but I'm getting very sick of listin to you whiners i have to put up with it at EQ support though 1/2 my day so dealing with snoobs like you who most likly dont even have jobs still in school and want to be imporant enough to discuss hacks and server support well i no longer waste my time with pathitic people I'm going to enjoy a night of hack free pso/eq

Bloodberry
Apr 26, 2003, 08:17 PM
Belmont -

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2002/20021011l.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bloodberry on 2003-04-26 18:27 ]</font>

LollipopLolita
Apr 26, 2003, 08:19 PM
belmont, quit the attitude problems, if you have issues, take em somewhere else.

Reenee
Apr 26, 2003, 09:43 PM
Should Belmont come back, I'd like to add that he should make the attempt to be reasonable, not come up with blasphemous examples.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shapiro on 2003-04-26 19:44 ]</font>