PDA

View Full Version : FI/BR or BR/HU builds please

Arauna
Feb 8, 2016, 06:45 PM
I played a lot in 2013 and I just started playing again. I have seen that FI/BR can do a massive amount of damage and I am trying to build one. I need help with skill trees though. I cannot seem to find something that says what's best or ideal. Maybe the whole idea is stupid with the new release of Episode 4 and all the things I recently obtained may be obsolete. If you all could give me some options and skill tree builds I would appreciate it. Right now I am playing a FI/BR with 75/55 my hunter is nearly 70 and so I have to work the braver up either way, I have and Evil Katana and I am looking to maximize the damage. Either FI/BR or BR/HU I believe I'd be happy with.

Personally, I prefer using Guren Tessen over Sakura, but I have Guren at level 15. please show me the error in my ways.

un1t27
Feb 8, 2016, 07:09 PM
FI/BR

http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php?11fbxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIob xIo0jdodBIb000000000dodAI2bnInfGFGKsScFln00000fdoi b0000000fdo0000000Io00000000ioIn00000000doIo4NfdA6 rAHSGKdo00000jdoIb0000000lo000000j

DO WHATEVER YOU WANT WITH THE REST OF THE SP FOR BOTH CLASSES!

Nanaha
Feb 8, 2016, 08:39 PM
http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php?11eNbxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIo bxIodS0fdodBIbl2dnIpINGAjJksNI20000006doIn0000000j doib0000000fdo0000000Io00000000ioIn00000000doqB4Nf dF6rAHSGKdBbn00000fdoIb0000000lo000000j

Br/Hu. It's centered on only katana use though, speccing this for something else would be hard. Etc sp can go wherever.
*the katana combat stuff is optional
**dont forget to grab step advance on br or hu tree, your pick

Arauna
Feb 8, 2016, 08:41 PM
FI/BR
DO WHATEVER YOU WANT WITH THE REST OF THE SP FOR BOTH CLASSES!

EDIT: My mistake, I was able to get the link to work. Not sure what happened the first few times. Thank you very much for your help.

Arauna
Feb 8, 2016, 08:44 PM
Br/Hu. It's centered on only katana use though, speccing this for something else would be hard. Etc sp can go wherever.
*the katana combat stuff is optional
**dont forget to grab step advance on br or hu tree, your pick

Just Curious, why Quick Mate and NOT J Reversal Cover?

Nanaha
Feb 8, 2016, 08:53 PM
Just Curious, why Quick Mate and NOT J Reversal Cover?

J reversal cover should be in there...? I think I put all 5 points in there. And the quickmate is so automate can heal you practically anywhere.

Arauna
Feb 8, 2016, 09:25 PM
J reversal cover should be in there...? I think I put all 5 points in there. And the quickmate is so automate can heal you practically anywhere.

All right then! Thank you.

Flaoc
Feb 8, 2016, 11:09 PM
naw brhu>fibr for almost everything besides serious TA

Lumpen Thingy
Feb 8, 2016, 11:10 PM
br/hu since fi/br sucks http://goo.gl/KIWAZb

Arauna
Feb 9, 2016, 04:26 PM
br/hu since fi/br sucks

Thank you for taking the time to help!

Why do you avoid Automate?

Flaoc
Feb 9, 2016, 04:48 PM
Thank you for taking the time to help!

Why do you avoid Automate?

i was feeling lazy earlier but here is a good tree for brhu

http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php?11eNbxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIo bxIo0jdodBIbl2lNGAqnIdJksNI20000006doIn0000000jdoi b0000000fdo0000000Io00000000ioIn00000000doIo4NfdAr drFfrAHSGKdoI200000fdoIb0000000lo000000j

br side is using all 89 points and hu side has leftovers so do whatever with them (personally like 2 points in step advance)

Ryziou
Feb 9, 2016, 07:28 PM
> brhu
> fibr
> guren spammer

this isn't going well

Arauna
Feb 9, 2016, 10:31 PM
> brhu
> fibr
> guren spammer

this isn't going well

Could you elaborate on what your thinking, please?

Nanaha
Feb 9, 2016, 10:35 PM
fibr frankly just doesn't work well with guren most of the time.

Since Brave Stance is the choice stance to pick, you want to hit everything from the front. But since guren makes you go behind the target, no brave stance bonus. Of course you can just zoom back in front, but it's pretty pp inefficient. Or use guren when theyre not facing you(which generally doesnt really happen).

Exceptions would be enemies that only have a front(ie elder).

Or its just the general attitude that gurren is the lazy do alot katana move.

Arauna
Feb 9, 2016, 11:37 PM
fibr frankly just doesn't work well with guren most of the time.

Since Brave Stance is the choice stance to pick, you want to hit everything from the front. But since guren makes you go behind the target, no brave stance bonus. Of course you can just zoom back in front, but it's pretty pp inefficient. Or use guren when theyre not facing you(which generally doesnt really happen).

Exceptions would be enemies that only have a front(ie elder).

I had watched some damage tests and Gurren did more damage then Sakura. I also like being able to dash as well as run away from bosses mid attack.

Saagonsa
Feb 10, 2016, 12:22 AM
I had watched some damage tests and Gurren did more damage then Sakura. I also like being able to dash as well as run away from bosses mid attack.

Guren will not do more damage than Sakura unless you for some reason don't have the charge skill on the braver tree.

Also, if only Elder counted as all front. Iirc the back portion of his platform counts as his front and the portion of the platform closest to him counts as his back.

Ryziou
Feb 10, 2016, 10:43 AM
Could you elaborate on what your thinking, please?

The latter. I'm already tired of seeing Bravers spam Guren, I wish it didn't do any damage at all honestly so people can stop being brain dead.

Guren doesn't do more damage than Sakura but Bravers seem to think that Guren is the best. They need to get the idea into their dumb brain that they have 10 PA's aside from Guren, 4 of them being more useful in combat than Guren. These PA's are called Tsukimi, Kanran, Sakura and Hatou (others might disagree but in my opinion, these are the only useful ones aside from Guren)

If we're gonna go with Elder tactics then please, for the love of god just Hatou down his arm and wreck him.

Braver is irrelevant.

Kondibon
Feb 10, 2016, 11:04 AM
The latter. I'm already tired of seeing Bravers spam Guren, I wish it didn't do any damage at all honestly so people can stop being brain dead.

Guren doesn't do more damage than Sakura but Bravers seem to think that Guren is the best. They need to get the idea into their dumb brain that they have 10 PA's aside from Guren, 4 of them being more useful in combat than Guren. These PA's are called Tsukimi, Kanran, Sakura and Hatou (others might disagree but in my opinion, these are the only useful ones aside from Guren)

If we're gonna go with Elder tactics then please, for the love of god just Hatou down his arm and wreck him.

Braver is irrelevant.You forgot Kazan. _(:3

Gurren still isn't prenerf shunka though.

Ryziou
Feb 10, 2016, 11:10 AM
You forgot Kazan. _(:3

Gurren still isn't prenerf shunka though.

please

Arauna
Feb 10, 2016, 11:16 AM
This like shows the Guren does more damage then Sakura.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_b-JDTE6eU

Arauna
Feb 10, 2016, 11:31 AM
Also, how does one accomplish this? It looks likea FI/HU
https://giant.gfycat.com/ImpoliteEdibleBassethound.webm

Rendezvous
Feb 10, 2016, 11:38 AM
Also, how does one accomplish this? It looks likea FI/HU
https://giant.gfycat.com/ImpoliteEdibleBassethound.webm

Power of Volg Raptor + Tear Grid with Fighter damage ups.

escarlata
Feb 10, 2016, 11:45 AM

Player didn't Snatch JA Sakura

Kondibon
Feb 10, 2016, 11:55 AM
Who even cares which one does marginally more DPS? They're mechanically different enough that you'd have to be an idiot or lazy to use one for everything all the time anyway. I:

please
I'm 100% serious, crafted Kazan is great for dealing with mobs that don't die in one or two Kanrans.

Saagonsa
Feb 10, 2016, 03:13 PM

Yeah, he had the Mag SP action on for guren which bosted its damage, and then used sakura in like the slowest way possible. That's not even close to a fair test. Also he made no mention of whether his JA combo was at 5sp or 10sp which would also be a very important thing

Arauna
Feb 10, 2016, 03:18 PM
Who even cares which one does marginally more DPS? They're mechanically different enough that you'd have to be an idiot or lazy to use one for everything all the time anyway. I:

I'm 100% serious, crafted Kazan is great for dealing with mobs that don't die in one or two Kanrans.
I use it constantly on Bals or anything else that is far away from the player and you are stuck waiting.

Arauna
Feb 10, 2016, 03:23 PM
Yeah, he had the Mag SP action on for guren which bosted its damage, and then used sakura in like the slowest way possible. That's not even close to a fair test. Also he made no mention of whether his JA combo was at 5sp or 10sp which would also be a very important thing

I would love to see a better test. You all know more about it than I do. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

thehondachef
Feb 10, 2016, 03:28 PM
I like starting all of my palettes with Guren, where I used to use un-charged Shunka. Guren-Sakura-Sakura is pretty nice for rushing in, getting your hits in and using Guren to get away if needed. Guren-Hatou-Hatou is my other go-to for bossing. (Guren for dashing away, or dashing in to try and build up more PP.) Guren-Kanran-Kanran for mobbing, etc.

Edit: I have a Guren-Guren-Guren palette too. It's simply the best combo if you want to maintain airtime efficiently and keep hitting the same high target.

CoffeeMug
Feb 10, 2016, 03:32 PM
Bravers should be using both Katana and bullet bow depending on the situation.

Banish -> Kamikaze arrow X2 charged is extremely strong as a boss combo, especially with Rapid Shoot active.

For Katana, call me a scumbag but I actually use Gurren most of the time, but other PAs exist, Hatou is good on bigger high hp mobs and some bosses, Kazan also has a very generous AOE strike if you aim it right. Sakura Endo I actually for certain precision strikes on mobs if Gurren isn't going to be as efficient.

Would had posted build link but not 10 post yet so just copy paste this on the ark skill calc.

[SPOILER-BOX]11eUbxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIodSdS0dodBI bkAIkI2fdnINGAqnIdJkrAI20000006doIn0000000jdoib000 0000fdo0000000Io00000000ioIn00000000doIo4NfdArdrFf rAGFGKdoI200000fdoIb0000000lo000000j[/SPOILER-BOX]

Ryziou
Feb 10, 2016, 10:12 PM

lol

I didn't say Kazan was bad . 3.

Selphea
Feb 10, 2016, 10:18 PM
Not using Snatch Sakura aside, hasn't Sakura's JA timing already been patched so that Snatch isn't necessary anymore?

WEED420BLAZEIT
Feb 10, 2016, 10:45 PM
huh?

guren dps is good imho tbqh

like in td4, it can easily dish out 200k-250k per guren on exoda infection cores

fast and furious bbygurl

Selphea
Feb 10, 2016, 11:14 PM
But while you Guren another Braver would have hit 4 million on Banish :O!

wefwq
Feb 10, 2016, 11:17 PM
You guys make Br sounds like a class that hard to play with.
just because you disagree with the other's opinion doesn't automatically make your own opinion right :^)
I thought this kind of thread belong to gameplay discussion?

Arauna
Feb 10, 2016, 11:56 PM
You guys make Br sounds like a class that hard to play with.
just because you disagree with the other's opinion doesn't automatically make your own opinion right :^)
I thought this kind of thread belong to gameplay discussion?

You're not really adding to the thread. More just telling people their wrong. Please contribute to the discussion not post garbage.

Selphea
Feb 11, 2016, 12:20 AM
This whole thread will likely get moved to gameplay in the first place :wacko:

ArcaneTechs
Feb 11, 2016, 12:37 AM

He's rolling after every step snatch then doing SE, freakin why

WEED420BLAZEIT
Feb 11, 2016, 12:58 AM
But while you Guren another Braver would have hit 4 million on Banish :O!

sadly no other braver around that time lmao XDDDDD, they're busy stealing kills or whatever the fuck they do in green tower.

but please dont deny the fact that guren is one of braver strong points just like banish bbygurl.

well maybe until nerf comes :-?

Saagonsa
Feb 11, 2016, 01:07 AM
Guren really isn't as good as a lot of people seem to think it is. It's good at what it does and is great for dashing, but it's definitely not even close to nerf worthy nor does it even hold a candle to how broken banish arrow is.

wefwq
Feb 11, 2016, 01:31 AM
You're not really adding to the thread. More just telling people their wrong. Please contribute to the discussion not post garbage.
Can you point which part of my post that i was telling people that they're wrong?
You being offensive out of blue make your garbage post more smelly than mine :-?

Ryziou
Feb 11, 2016, 05:50 AM
huh?

guren dps is good imho tbqh

like in td4, it can easily dish out 200k-250k per guren on exoda infection cores

fast and furious bbygurl

: xD yeh mn guren is amazing, so gud!

Arauna
Feb 11, 2016, 02:23 PM
Can you point which part of my post that i was telling people that they're wrong?
You being offensive out of blue make your garbage post more smelly than mine :-?

Please stop posting here. Thank you.

milranduil
Feb 11, 2016, 11:19 PM
sadly no other braver around that time lmao XDDDDD, they're busy stealing kills or whatever the fuck they do in green tower.

but please dont deny the fact that guren is one of braver strong points just like banish bbygurl.

well maybe until nerf comes :-?

he means you should have been using banish instead of guren. banish gets a 4x multiplier instead of 1x because exoda logic.

Arauna
Feb 16, 2016, 12:54 PM
he means you should have been using banish instead of guren. banish gets a 4x multiplier instead of 1x because exoda logic.

Does Banish work with Katana damage afterwards, or only bow?

xxtrabeast
Feb 16, 2016, 12:57 PM
The Banish shot disappears if you switch to a non-Bow weapon.

aiMute
Feb 16, 2016, 02:11 PM
Wait, does that mean banish is actually x16 damage?!

Ryziou
Feb 16, 2016, 02:49 PM

Let's just say Banish > Guren for the forbidden ones.

milranduil
Feb 16, 2016, 04:48 PM

The multipliers I stated are the reflective damage... so no.

Deal 100k -> banish 100k with 1x
Deal 100k -> banish 400k with 4x (both of these are assuming no JA to make it easy to understand what I mean).