PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 doesn't open after launch from tweaker? Halp

Weiss Imperia
Feb 24, 2016, 03:58 PM
I don't really post on forum sites since I usually dont have a problem, but I've been trying to get this to work for 2 days and nothing. I also don't know if im posting this correctly, but I might as well give it a shot. I installed the tweaker no problem and downloaded the game, and when I first launched it it worked fine, english was no problem, loaded onto a ship, and got into character creator before getting notified that my server timed out. Didn't think much of it, turned off my laptop and went to bed. When i next tried launching PSO2 through the tweaker, it started downloading an approximately 4GB patch, and after it finished, when i tried launching PSO2, i get nothing, a few minutes, then i get a window saying "PSO2 doesn't appear to have opened yet. This can be caused by Gameguard Issues. Would you like the Tweaker to try to solve the issues and relaunch the game?" The patch was downloaded on Tuesday the 23rd.

I have looked through many various posts along this thread, I've tried some of the solutions, deleted the file to have the tweaker re-download it, it downloads a single file and not the folder, then when i run troubleshoot > analyze install for issues, it still says im missing the gameguard file and to go to >troubleshoot >fix game guard issues, though i had just done that. I even downloaded the full gameguard folder that AIDA put up for someone, and it still doesnt launch the game, and gives me the same "PSO2 doesnt appear to have opened yet" deal. I have no idea what to do, anyone? I use a windows 8 Envy dv7 laptop with AMD A8-4500M APU with Radeon 7640G , 8.0 Ram, if needed to know. I also tried seeing if a patch was a problem by hitting the check for updates, and it gave me "ERROR - Access to the path 'C:\Program Files (x86)\PSO2\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin\pso2launch er.exe' is denied." Since this seems like a complete mess of my files somehow, i wonder if just reinstalling everything is the better thing to do, but im reluctant to redownload the 32 or so gigabytes that i had to download from the Arks site.

Anduril
Feb 24, 2016, 04:37 PM
Ok, a couple of things:

First of all, where is your Tweaker located?

If it is located in either your Downloads or Program Files folder (or any sub-directory of them), this may be causing the issue. Try putting it in its own folder somewhere else.

Do you use an antivirus or Windows Defender?

In either case, you should make an exclusion for the PSO2 folder and wherever you have the Tweaker.

Also, it might be a good idea to use the official launcher (located in your pso2_bin) to patch the game back to vanilla, then reapplying the patches.
Also, also, if the above doesn't work, try launching via the .bat method (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3321007&postcount=1) to see if it is Gameguard being fucky with the Tweaker.

Weiss Imperia
Feb 24, 2016, 07:18 PM
Thank you for your timely response, it is much appreciated.
1) my tweaker is located in a folder on my desktop, none of its files are in the downloaded section.

2) I do not have much in the way of anti virus software available, I do have malware bytes but I made an exception for pso2 there just in case. I did not for the tweaker however, if I also need to do that in malware bytes I will look for it and do so. I do have the razor game booster in my hard drive but I made sure that it didn't touch the pso2 files, do I need to uninstall that? It worked fine the first time I launched it thoigh.

I did use the "pso2 launcher" in the pso2 folder, it was the only thing to get any reaction from the game. A Japanese window of the game popped up and began downloading I believe 40000 files, though I am unsure if that is the return to vanilla you mentioned. I'd have to use the tweaker to reinstall the three English patches ?

In regards to the .bat method, pardon my ignorance but I am not familiar with this, is it a file to execute? Thank you again for the help, it's very much appreciated

Ah it was a link I see, sorry. Create a document and place that code in from what I understand and run it as admin

Anduril
Feb 24, 2016, 07:43 PM
The official launcher does a full file check; it just shows the number of files it is checking and downloads the ones that are needed as it checks, and yes, you will need to reapply the English patches with the Tweaker afterward.

Weiss Imperia
Feb 24, 2016, 11:52 PM
Question, is the file itself called pso2.exe? because the only exe file i see in my pso2 bin is the pso2launcher.exe.bak, and i have not touched any of these files, because i have a file in the bin just called "pso2" and when i clicked on properties it said the file type was "Application (.exe)" so im not sure if thats what youre referring to. To make sure i even went back to the tweaker and hit troubleshoot > Fix PSO2 EXEs and it said it redownloaded the file, but theres no actual file i see with the name pso2.exe. From my narrow understanding, that IS the file youre referring to, but when trying the .bat method the command window says windows cannot find "pso2.exe"

Weiss Imperia
Feb 25, 2016, 12:52 AM
Scratch that i got the .bat file to work, i had to modify the location the prompt was using since it was very different. The administrator prompt came up asking me if i wanted to launch phatasy star online 2, i hit yes, still no game launch. I also tried launching from the Japanese menu after downloading the files it wanted, i hit game start but that one didnt start either. I'm baffled by this point

ShinKai
Mar 17, 2016, 05:10 PM
I might be a little late to this, But I've had to go through this too recently. Concerning the .bat file, have you set it to run as administrator?

You can't set the .bat file to run as admin automatically (Or at least I couldn't find a way) but you can make a shortcut to run as administrator. Basically, make the .bat file, and then make a shortcut to that .bat file you just made. Then right click to advanced settings and check run as administrator.

For some reason, my .bat file only runs like that. If I try to run it normally, it just opens a black box, but doesn't start PSO2.

It's shorcutception up in here. @_@