PDA

View Full Version : Wrong Ending Glitch

SammaeltheDark
Apr 26, 2003, 10:40 AM
Not too long ago, I beat normal ep 1 with my secondary character, but the ending sequence was one I never saw before. All the bosses being shown were their Ult forms, there were pictures like rappies just chillin', the hospital girls of Pioneer 2, and a really interesting image of Rico fighting Flowen. I talked to my friend and they said that that was the Ult ending of ep 1. I repeat, I had just beat it on normal.
Anyone else ever experience this? Is there a way to always get this ending, or do you think my CD just skipped for some reason and gave me the different ending?

zimmk2vgc
Apr 26, 2003, 11:03 AM
Its happened to me the first time I finished. Then when I did hard, the right one came up, although how one is supposed to own a calibur in normal is insane. I think if you finish falz at a higher level or someink then the ult credits. I maybe wrong, which isn't often.

EsperJ
Apr 26, 2003, 11:22 AM
Though doesn't that ending show when you've completed all the offline quests?

If so, its probrably regardless of which difficulty you're on.

Muku6
Apr 26, 2003, 12:10 PM
Correct. If you don't beat all offline quests and then beat the game, you'll get the normal ending. If you beat all offline quests in that difficulty you beat, you'll get a different one.

Kthak
Apr 26, 2003, 12:49 PM
Grah... I was only a few quests away from beating them all and then I went and beat DF. I don't rember seeing an ending at all... it looked like a ring fell and then went into the credits.

If I were to beat the game again, now that I have beaten all the quests, would I see the Ult ending?

zimmk2vgc
Apr 26, 2003, 04:12 PM
Its nothing special the Ult credits. Its just a bunch of pics of Ult, W/O you in da pic. But I have to say the last pic on the normal version seems weird. How can a HUmar get a calibur in normal?!?!?!?

noob-of-fury
Apr 26, 2003, 04:25 PM
that can't be right... beat all offline quests then beat the game to get a different one... I did that and got the normal ending, ring drops your get items walk through portal wha-la credits.

JavaMoon
Apr 26, 2003, 05:27 PM
As stated above, you have to have all quests completed in one difficulty. This happens when you can play any quest at any point and they never get grayed out.

The ending you see with the credits was the URAENDING of version 2. You could get that ending by typing URAENDING with your keyboard at the title screen on version 2.

Oh, and Rico isn't fighting Flowen. Her father, the principal, is seen training her when she was younger. I believe he holds an Elysion in the shot as well.

SammaeltheDark
Apr 27, 2003, 01:58 AM
Odd how I didn't see this before then. I thought I cleared all the quests before taking out DF when I beat Hard and VHard with Sammael. But I definately know I finished all the quests with Nyare before taking on Falz.
Oh well, I guess the best way to find out for sure will be when I finish up Hard with Nyare.

Para
Apr 27, 2003, 01:40 PM
URAENDING also exists in PC version and its alot easier to type uraending on a keyboard lol

frankly the URAENDING is just for patching up storyline ties.. like elenor and her mags... bernie and sue... and an prologue of young rico and her father

Saulot
Apr 28, 2003, 02:53 AM
On 2003-04-26 14:12, zimmk2vgc wrote:
But I have to say the last pic on the normal version seems weird. How can a HUmar get a calibur in normal?!?!?!?

I've done it before, but it takes a ton of leveling work (and personally I dislike the Calibur type weapons, they're too slow for my tastes). The most common method though is that the player plays almost strictly multi player games, and rarely plays single player.

Pickerel
Apr 28, 2003, 07:32 AM
I saw that ending only after beating every quest also.

noob-of-fury
Apr 28, 2003, 08:37 AM
On 2003-04-26 15:27, JavaMoon wrote:
As stated above, you have to have all quests completed in one difficulty. This happens when you can play any quest at any point and they never get grayed out.

The ending you see with the credits was the URAENDING of version 2. You could get that ending by typing URAENDING with your keyboard at the title screen on version 2.

Oh, and Rico isn't fighting Flowen. Her father, the principal, is seen training her when she was younger. I believe he holds an Elysion in the shot as well.

I did do every quest and was able to go back and play everything whenever, before I beat Falz on normal I had Soul Eater and that blasted Frying Pan. I never saw that ending... maybe I'm the one with the glitchy ending.

SammaeltheDark
May 1, 2003, 10:33 PM
Curious... very curious. I just beat VHard with Sammael again on a whim, and I know I've done every single quest, but no special ending... just the plain old one.

ophiel
May 1, 2003, 10:45 PM
On 2003-04-26 10:10, Muku6 wrote:
Correct. If you don't beat all offline quests and then beat the game, you'll get the normal ending. If you beat all offline quests in that difficulty you beat, you'll get a different one.

I dont know if thats correct.
When I beat the game for the first time, I had finished all the quests. I know I did because Im an EXP freak. I wont continue onto new areas until I finish all available quests.

Anyways, what Im getting at, is that I finished all my quests when I killed DF for the first time, and I didnt see the Ult ending.

nathan
ophiel.
Lv. 66 fomar.
[mars army]
-lafayette division leader-
[echelon]