PDA

View Full Version : PC Heads-Up > NVIDIA GeForce Latest Driver Issues

MDashK
Mar 11, 2016, 08:25 AM
Just a heads-up to everyone that uses a NVIDIA GPU and Driver.

Looks like the latest driver update (364.51) brings some problems and issues to the performance of PSO2.

My computer usually runs the game smoothly @ ~100-120 FPS, and after upgrading the drivers to the latest version today, I saw a MASSIVE drop to ~30-40 FPS.

I run a GeForce GTX 950M GPU, just for reference, with the game at maximum performance.

First symptom: Mouse lags and is not smoonth nor fluid. Activate the FPS ShadowPlay counter, and you'll see the drop for yourself.

Hope this bit of information helps out someone.

UPDATE: as of 01 May 2016, latest driver version is 364.72.
The issue is STILL NOT resolved. DO NOT UPGRADE FURTHER THAN 361.91.

gintaro
Mar 12, 2016, 08:44 PM
Also having similar issues with the newest update, dropping below 50 fps. If anyone knows a fix it would be much appreciated

MDashK
Mar 13, 2016, 03:09 AM
The fix is downgrade drivers to the previous version and wait for NVIDIA to fix they're sh*t up, because the drivers from the company have been decaying since last Xmas... =S

Personally, I downgraded to 361.91, but I've heard that ver. 362.00 from 01 Mar. are good to go.

364.51 are the ones with the issue.

Dragwind
Mar 13, 2016, 10:55 PM
I learned this lesson the hard way with another game. Updating to newest drivers isn't always a positive thing. Sometimes certain releases almost feel like an act of planned obsolescence. On games that I notice having framerate issues, sometimes I'll roll back to way older drivers and that particular game will simply work better with older drivers. It's unfortunate that it's this way, but for some reason it is. If you have the patience to maximize your performance with a particular game, it's handy to have a bunch of drivers handy for your gpu and swapping them around until you achieve what you desire.

Keep in mind though that while certain drivers might work better for one game, it might degrade others in terms of performance.

wefwq
Mar 14, 2016, 09:44 PM
IIRC new driver include Vulkan API, NVIDIA are never been good adding something new.
Better wait for like more 2-5 months for it working as intended and until they figured out how to make new feature don't mess with the old one :wacko:

DeificEpyon
Mar 15, 2016, 03:40 AM
Thanks for the heads-up MDashK. I just ordered a GTX 970 off of Amazon earlier today, and the last thing I want to deal with later is driver issues, lol. I'll be sure to get drivers from a previous version until Nvidia has it fixed.