PDA

View Full Version : U.N fails again

Noblewine
Mar 11, 2016, 04:03 PM
U.N. attempted to ban Japan from distributing manga and video games to other regions of the world. Thank you Japan for standing firm to your beliefs and rights. Why doesn't the U.N. focus on more important matters like fixing world hunger, corruption or disease. =/

SilkaN
Mar 11, 2016, 04:22 PM
U.N. attempted to ban Japan from distributing manga and video games depicting sexual violence / assault against women to other regions of the world. Thank you Japan for standing firm to your beliefs and rights. Why doesn't the U.N. focus on more important matters like fixing world hunger, corruption or disease. =/

Fix'd.
Well, caring for real problems
1. requires effort and ressources
2. doesn't help to push anyone's shady agendas.
And you are still surprised about the United Nations?

If anyone is interested, the response from a representative of the "Women’s Institute Of Contemporary Media Culture" :

http://nichegamer.com/2016/03/japanese-representative-refutes-un-suggestion-to-ban-media-depicting-sexual-violence/

Outrider
Mar 11, 2016, 04:23 PM
U.N. attempted to ban Japan from distributing manga and video games to other regions of the world. Thank you Japan for standing firm to your beliefs and rights. Why doesn't the U.N. focus on more important matters like fixing world hunger, corruption or disease. =/

Okay, no. You are saying things that are, at best, marginally accurate.

The United Nations was making a call on Japan to put a limit on the representation of sexual violence towards women and children in works of media (such as manga and games).

http://www.ohchr.org/EN/NewsEvents/Pages/DisplayNews.aspx?NewsID=17028&LangID=E

A member of a Japanese organization (who doesn't appear to be anything close to an official representative of the Japanese government) responded and argued that violent acts in media should not be treated the same way as those same violent acts in real life.

Please make sure you actually read through what you're reposting next time, especially if you're going to make a thread like this that in no way representative of the actual events that happened.

Noblewine
Mar 11, 2016, 04:24 PM
Thanks Silkan for the correction. I read it though I admit, I was upset when I heard about this for the first time from Alpha omega sin. I think game developers should be allowed to put whatever on paper. Its their right Outrider.

Outrider
Mar 11, 2016, 04:35 PM
Your initial simplified a series of events to the level of wild hyperbole. Just... y'know: try to be more accurate next time.

Noblewine
Mar 11, 2016, 06:29 PM
I suppose Outrider but its still considered censorship over a silly issue from two frauds.

Sp-24
Mar 11, 2016, 07:04 PM
That's why they must always state (and be able to provide proof on demand) that those black and white drawings are all 18 years of age or older and have consented to appear in the work they are in.

Just you wait until you are required to have a firearm permit to play Gunner in the western version of PSO2.

Noblewine
Mar 11, 2016, 07:37 PM
That's why they must always state (and be able to provide proof on demand) that those black and white drawings are all 18 years of age or older and have consented to appear in the work they are in.

Just you wait until you are required to have a firearm permit to play Gunner in the western version of PSO2.

Remember Misty, Dawn or may from Pokemon anime. Your over-analzying the issue. Can you really put censor bars in front of your kids eye if you were at a public pool or beach? I love it how people are over reacting to this stuff. You do realize no one chased those two outta the gaming industry. They did it to themselves and look how they handled the situation. They ran to the U.N. to silence gamers--doesn't that bother you at all? I might as well add Nintendo since they've allowed morons who are not gamers and are pro pc (political correctness) into their business.

Fuck pso2! I don't trust Sega anymore because all I am to them is second place. All they care about is making money and using any means necessary to get it.

SilkaN
Mar 11, 2016, 07:56 PM
Remember Misty, Dawn or may from Pokemon anime. Your over-analzying the issue. Can you really put censor bars in front of your kids eye if you were at a public pool or beach? I love it how people are over reacting to this stuff. You do realize no one chased those two outta the gaming industry. They did it to themselves and look how they handled the situation. They ran to the U.N. to silence gamers--doesn't that bother you at all? I might as well add Nintendo since they've allowed morons who are not gamers and are pro pc (political correctness) into their business.

Fuck pso2! I don't trust Sega anymore because all I am to them is second place. All they care about is making money and using any means necessary to get it.

How does your post relate to the one you quoted and more importantly, how do the points you mentioned relate to each other?

Noblewine
Mar 11, 2016, 08:05 PM
I dunno just had to vent.

Nitro Vordex
Mar 11, 2016, 10:03 PM
This is interesting. I have to agree that the amount of gratuitous rape against both women and children in the form of video games and manga coming out of Japan is kinda worrying. That being said, the respondent does bring up an interesting point of them being two separate things; that being video games != real life. Is it uncomfortable? It very much can be. But the proposal also brings up other things as well. From what I understand, this isn't just about video games; this is about women's rights in Japan in general. There's quite a bit here that is VERY troubling, and should be addressed. I'm not entirely sure about how women's rights are in Japan, but the ridiculous amount of things that come from there...hell, I'd be uncomfortable knowing that such a large amount of material exists.

isCasted
Mar 12, 2016, 12:48 AM
From what I know, Japan has the lowest gender-related crime rates, and people are mostly modest and chill. There's also this correlation in US, where crime rates got lower with the rise of videogames (although it doesn't mean games are the reason for it, it's still a possible factor).

That's one of my reasons to believe that the wilder is media, the chiller is real life.

Sp-24
Mar 12, 2016, 01:46 AM
I've read that Japan has the lowest gender crime rates because a lot of it goes underreported.

Not sure how it works so well, though. Other civilized countries also cover up things like crime statistics by race in the US, or Rotherham in the UK, and it still sees the light.

landman
Mar 12, 2016, 03:15 AM
From what I know, Japan has the lowest gender-related crime rates, and people are mostly modest and chill.

This:

I've read that Japan has the lowest gender crime rates because a lot of it goes underreported.

It's not that it is uncovered, it's that the victims will not sue their company / superiors / whatever because of their "honour", and how would it disgrace their family to know that their daughter revealed such a shameful thing.

It's hard to know if comics / games with "inappropriate" content are the result of sick minds (because they buy and like them) or sick minds are the result of consuming them (I hardly doubt it). A comic or a game, as much inappropriate as it can be, has not harm anyone in the process of creating, there is not a victim of violence or sexual abuse, and sick people that can go nuts with a movie are everywhere. Banning comics would be like banning kitchen knives on homes, because, you know, your husband could go nuts and stab you.

the_importer_
Mar 12, 2016, 07:48 PM
The United Nations was making a call on Japan to put a limit on the representation of sexual violence towards women and children in works of media (such as manga and games).
http://www.ohchr.org/EN/NewsEvents/Pages/DisplayNews.aspx?NewsID=17028&LangID=E

But violence against men, that's OK, right U.N.??? So much for equality. Then again, we are talking about the same circus act that allowed Anita Sarkeesian to complain that people are criticising her on the Internet and that this should now be a crime -_-

RuneLateralus
Mar 13, 2016, 06:27 AM

Not sure how it works so well, though. Other civilized countries also cover up things like crime statistics by race in the US, or Rotherham in the UK, and it still sees the light.

Considering a pop star was forced to shave her head for being caught leaving a boyfriend's apartment, breaking the rule that allows male fans to fantasize that they a shot for her, I wouldn't be surprised how the whole honor thing goes for a woman to bring up stuff like that about bosses, classmates, and spouses/significant others.

Also, can we stop with stupid sensationalism when trying to convey information.

Outrider
Mar 14, 2016, 02:47 PM
This is interesting. I have to agree that the amount of gratuitous rape against both women and children in the form of video games and manga coming out of Japan is kinda worrying. That being said, the respondent does bring up an interesting point of them being two separate things; that being video games != real life. Is it uncomfortable? It very much can be. But the proposal also brings up other things as well. From what I understand, this isn't just about video games; this is about women's rights in Japan in general. There's quite a bit here that is VERY troubling, and should be addressed. I'm not entirely sure about how women's rights are in Japan, but the ridiculous amount of things that come from there...hell, I'd be uncomfortable knowing that such a large amount of material exists.

This is actually a topic that's been written about a ton in recent years. The blogs that have been covering this issue most recently have largely just been skipping any nuance and complaining about how censorship has been ruining everything rather than discussing the actual issue in a thoughtful manner.

(Real quick: the comments in this thread pretty quickly turned into a decent discussion on the matter instead of devolving into a mess. That's pretty great!)

But violence against men, that's OK, right U.N.??? So much for equality. Then again, we are talking about the same circus act that allowed Anita Sarkeesian to complain that people are criticising her on the Internet and that this should now be a crime -_-

The fact that women suffer from sexual threats and violence more than men probably has something to do with it. It's about addressing a problem that disproportionately affects a specific group of people.

Also, can we stop with stupid sensationalism when trying to convey information.

That was the point I was trying to make at the beginning of the thread. Thank you for stating it much better than I did.

PhotonDrop
Mar 14, 2016, 04:10 PM
Censorship is censorship is censorship. Trying to take the moral high ground because of soggy knees does not make it any better, especially when it stems from baseless conjecture.

"Oh, but don't you see? These are (fictional)woman and children! You like women and children don't you? It's for their own good!"

Appeal to emotion.

It is not the UN's place to dictate how sovereign nations carry themselves, especially within their own borders. Japan is well within their rights to tell them to fuck off. Just another case of Mighty Whitey trying to save those "less enlightened" than themselves.

Outrider
Mar 15, 2016, 12:53 PM
As a reminder, we're talking about the UN (a multicultural body) putting pressure on Japan. Japan has not, from what I can see, issued a formal response.

The response in question came from an individual at an organization that uses blogspot for its homepage, so I hesitate to assume they have any kind of formal relationship with the Japanese government.

So I think we can put aside the idea that Japan has told the UN to take a hike.

As for whether Japan should disallow creators to publish work with sexual violence against women or children, well, have at it.

Sp-24
Mar 15, 2016, 01:40 PM
What are the odds that Japan will bother to issue any sort of a statement? Yamada is at least affiliated with some sort of a feminist organization in Japan. A blog post seems like a more fitting level of discussion with an organization that campaigns against saying rude things on Twitter.

Outrider
Mar 15, 2016, 03:31 PM
Honestly? No clue. I guess it depends on how much the UN is pressuring the Japanese government, right?

I can't seem to find any information on Yamada's group outside of articles all sourcing the same Reddit post, so I have no idea if the organization is involved in the discussions at all.

I did find a pretty detailed DualShockers article that explained that Yamada's comments are based on an earlier, stricter request by the UN committee in question, and not the revised comments they made later on: http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/03/07/un-committee-pressures-japan-to-regulate-games-that-reinforce-sexual-violence-against-women/

Like I said: Details are always nice things to include when sharing news about events on the forums.

Sp-24
Mar 15, 2016, 09:59 PM
Dug around their blog, and it looks like WMC-JPN is an anti-censorship organization that's only active when the UN try to do anything. They are basically reiterating themselves from two years ago, when UN tried to extend the pressure on Japan's loose pedophilia laws to manga and videogames, with their current statement. Not entirely sure what to make of them, but they did spend 4 months over 10 different conventions (with attendance of only ~20 people) discussing the issue in 2013. The only thing of note they did in over a year of downtime was a discussion on freedom of expression after a girl artist got arrested for sharing obscene picture as what I assume was a part of her performance.

Outrider
Mar 16, 2016, 11:24 AM
Gotcha. I mean, even a small group of people can have important things to say on a divisive topic, but I think this definitely settles whether or not the organization has any formal connection with the Japanese government. Thanks for digging into it.

the_importer_
Mar 17, 2016, 09:37 AM
The fact that women suffer from sexual threats and violence more than men probably has something to do with it. It's about addressing a problem that disproportionately affects a specific group of people.

That's besides the point. You can't justify allowing attacks on one gender simply because the other gender already has enough, the ends do not justify the means. Fact of the matter is, men get as much (if not more) threats that women. Granted, they're not sexual threats in most cases, but violence is violence, period.

Outrider
Mar 17, 2016, 12:54 PM
That's besides the point. You can't justify allowing attacks on one gender simply because the other gender already has enough, the ends do not justify the means. Fact of the matter is, men get as much (if not more) threats that women. Granted, they're not sexual threats in most cases, but violence is violence, period.

If this was in any way an action that justifies "allowing attacks" on one gender by adding additional scrutiny to attacks on the other gender, then you would be correct.

It isn't.

The entire point of committees and task forces is to put special attention to a topic or group that is experiencing a disproportionate number of problems versus others. When something like that happens, it needs special attention instead of just bundling it up in other initiatives. That's how you tackle problems like this.

the_importer_
Mar 17, 2016, 01:13 PM
If this was in any way an action that justifies "allowing attacks" on one gender by adding additional scrutiny to attacks on the other gender, then you would be correct.

It isn't.

The entire point of committees and task forces is to put special attention to a topic or group that is experiencing a disproportionate number of problems versus others. When something like that happens, it needs special attention instead of just bundling it up in other initiatives. That's how you tackle problems like this.

These media are all about violence, just like GTA, any sort of crime that you could commit, you see. Yes, sexual assaults against women is something that does happen in real life unfortunately (not as often as gendered feminist would like you to believe, but that's an entire other beast to tackle), hence why it's in there just like murders and mugging. Not putting these things in fictional media would not make these things go away in real life.

The issue is that if you're going to bring the sexual assaults that you see in "adult" mangas, might as well bring up the rest of the violence in there. This is what happens when you cherry pick and then present that as an issue. If they would present the entire media to the public, they would see that the entire book would be covered from front to back with violence, making the rape section, ironically, look right at home in there.

If the U.N. is going to focus on fictional media instead of solving the real world problems that women in 3rd world countries are facing everyday (acid in the face rings a bell?), then I don't see why we need them honestly.

Outrider
Mar 17, 2016, 01:27 PM
We are not talking about the United Nations organization as a whole.

We are talking about the UN Committee on the Elimination of Discrimination against Women. Their request to Japan to prevent acts of sexual violence from appearing in published works is a small part of what the committee is doing. The way depictions of women in published media may or may not be discriminatory is exactly what this committee is supposed to be doing.

The implication that a single project of theirs is somehow indicative of what the organization as a whole is working on is far from accurate. This is one of the many reasons why I take major issues with the hyperbole that's been surrounding this topic.

PhotonDrop
Mar 17, 2016, 03:01 PM
Oh, but you are wrong there, this committee is an accurate reflection of the organization as a whole; a tremendous waste of resources. All the existence of such a committee says is that they have a grossly inflated/mismanaged budget. Undoubtedly it is stacked with individuals that are already doggedly sure of themselves, and won't look for an objective truth. Gotta justify those tax dollars at work, right?

If you don't like hyperbole and sensationalizing the topic, perhaps you should consider dropping that loaded language. It's a dishonest attempt to paint your side as self-evident.

the_importer_ is exactly right, singling out the sexual violence is skirting around the greater debate. But that's the hitch right there, isn't it? By allowing them to break down "depictions of violence in (media)" into "depictions of (adjective) violence against (minority) in media", more progress can be made. One small concession at a time until it is completely subverted and no one's the wiser.

the_importer_
Mar 17, 2016, 03:25 PM
Oh, but you are wrong there, this committee is an accurate reflection of the organization as a whole; a tremendous waste of resources. All the existence of such a committee says is that they have a grossly inflated/mismanaged budget. Undoubtedly it is stacked with individuals that are already doggedly sure of themselves, and won't look for an objective truth. Gotta justify those tax dollars at work, right?

If you don't like hyperbole and sensationalizing the topic, perhaps you should consider dropping that loaded language. It's a dishonest attempt to paint your side as self-evident.

the_importer_ is exactly right, singling out the sexual violence is skirting around the greater debate. But that's the hitch right there, isn't it? By allowing them to break down "depictions of violence in (media)" into "depictions of (adjective) violence against (minority) in media", more progress can be made. One small concession at a time until it is completely subverted and no one's the wiser.

Damn, just got back home and I had a huge reply constructed in my head, but I'm not gonna top that :(

Just gonna add a few things:

This is happening because a small, but loud, minority doesn't like something and nowadays, people think that because they do not like something, that it should not exist. I gave examples of violence and brought GTA in the discussion, but in reality, I'm not the biggest fan of pointless violence in media.

I do not play GTA games or any games like it, I always preferred Street Fighter's anime style and fair tournament combat style over Mortal Kombat's focus on blood and gore, I hate that since the last generation of video games, that FPS have become the poster child of my hobby instead of mascots like Mario. I don't watch dark and gory Anime and I can't really stand the average shōnen, I like comedies, slice of life, romance and magical girls.

That being said, not because I do not like something means that I will go out of my way to try remove it from other people's hands. You know what's my secret, I simply don't consume the media that I don't like, that's some crazy idea right?

Outrider
Mar 17, 2016, 04:17 PM
I think it's a stretch to argue that the United Nations is a waste of resources, but okay, sure.

Now, unless I'm mistaken, I don't recall ever saying whether or not I agree with the argument to ban the content in question. But the suggestion that this - a committee saying that illustrated kiddie and pro-rape porn is maybe a bad thing that (they argue) is too common in Japanese media and maybe the Japanese government should address it - is some huge hyperbolic international censorship campaign is where I find myself chiming in.

Assuming the criticism is accurate, that doesn't seem like an unreasonable criticism to make. In a perfect world any sort of idea could be presented as it is without any risk, but in the real world media normalizes both good and bad behaviors and ideas. That doesn't necessarily mean certain media should be banned - which is a super difficult and dangerous line to draw - but it does warrant a discussion of how we as a society should deal with this content.

Aside from some parts of the internet trying to bring this up as part of the wholly separate discussion of sexy pre-teens in JRPGs, the main discussion that's going on surrounding this issue is:

1.) Is it okay for this content to be published?
2.) Is the language of the request so broad that it begins censoring important creative works?

The point of the larger argument is that the language they're using is broad enough that it could include things such as a writer or artist dealing with their own sexual assault. That's a huge issue! That's the main point of contention here. That's largely what Yamada's response was based around. For example, if something like this was enacted in the US, depending on the strictness of the language, work by authors like Toni Morrison would be banned, which would obviously be a bad thing.

So you know, there are some good points to be made. That being said, suggesting it's a case of "people should just ignore what they don't like" is a gross oversimplification.

PhotonDrop
Mar 17, 2016, 07:02 PM
No, "just don't look" is precisely what the situation calls for. As I've said before, a foreign body attempting to influence a sovereign nation is dangerous and subversive, and should be shut down purely on principle.

You've already highlighted the #1 problem here, not "who decides?" but,"How do we manipulate the terms to include only what I don't like?" This is a giant warning sign that should not be taken lightly. Especially when the person in question is a leftist idealogue itching to make their mark on history.

In reality, this is the exact opposite of "over-simplified", this is a matter of making mountains out of molehills.

Noblewine
Mar 21, 2016, 07:31 PM
I'm glad Photon Drop gets it. Unless I read her post correctly.

Outrider
Mar 22, 2016, 04:46 PM
No, "just don't look" is precisely what the situation calls for. As I've said before, a foreign body attempting to influence a sovereign nation is dangerous and subversive, and should be shut down purely on principle.

You've already highlighted the #1 problem here, not "who decides?" but,"How do we manipulate the terms to include only what I don't like?" This is a giant warning sign that should not be taken lightly. Especially when the person in question is a leftist idealogue itching to make their mark on history.

In reality, this is the exact opposite of "over-simplified", this is a matter of making mountains out of molehills.

Last I checked, Japan is a member of the UN, so suggesting it's a foreign body trying to influence a sovereign nation is misleading to the point of being inaccurate. Japan pledged to join the UN to become part of an intergovernmental body for a variety of reasons and doing so doesn't make them immune to criticism from within that organization.

If you just have issues with the UN, then whatever, but please don't misrepresent things like the relationship between the UN and Japan in an attempt to prop up your argument.

You're suggesting that you're against any sort of limits on what people can say or create but I'm assuming you're exaggerating for effect. You don't think it's okay to shout "FIRE" in a crowded theater with the knowledge that doing so will create a stampede, right? Like, you don't actually support the creation of sexual material featuring real-life minors, right?

Assuming that's the case, then you're also arguing for rules that fit in with "How do we manipulate the terms to include only what I don't like?". Obviously my example are the classic extremes in free speech discussions, but the point of them is to show that the hard line of "no speech should be disallowed" isn't actually a realistic argument in a functioning society.

(I'm also not sure who the "leftist idealogue" you're referring to is. I don't recall seeing a specific name attached to the proposal, but I apologize if I missed that.)

That being said: I do agree that - as far as I know - this issue isn't really a major problem, but I also don't exactly claim to be an expert on Japanese culture.

Noblewine
Mar 24, 2016, 12:22 AM
You really have no idea what a SJW is do you Outrider? *facepalm*

If you want to know more than I suggest you watch Sargon of akkad. He'll fill you in on this stuff.

SilkaN
Mar 24, 2016, 03:45 AM
You really have no idea what a SJW is do you Outrider? *facepalm*

If you want to know more than I suggest you watch Sargon of akkad. He'll fill you in on this stuff.

I have no words for this.
While I don't agree with Outrider on most of the topics in here, it seems like he is more informed and does better research than you.

RuneLateralus
Mar 24, 2016, 05:43 AM
You really have no idea what a SJW is do you Outrider? *facepalm

I think he might. There is an article that someone linked here that posted that the mods here were SJWs since a thread about DOAX3 was closed. Consequently, he is also aware about how that term is thrown around for very petty reasons.

PhotonDrop
Mar 24, 2016, 10:44 AM
snip

I think you are the one that misunderstands the relationship the UN has with its member nations. Japan is a part of the UN, the UN is not Japan. The United Nations' charter does not grant it the authority to impose on the domestic affairs of any state unless it's a matter of international security. Hurt feelings, especially from people on the other side of the world, is not a human rights crisis.

Do not misconstrue my words as a problem with the UN. My problem is with people that make an appeal to authority when there is none to be found.

I won't name any names in regards to the leftist idealogue. All I will say is that I had false information about a certain someone, who is extremely invested in seeing misogyny where it doesn't exist, being appointed to the UN. If it were true, you could bet your ass they would be put on such a committee.

Free speech is a very nuanced issue. Forgive me, but I don't feel like delving into it any further.

I'm no expert on Japanese culture either. To my understanding, otakus are stigmatized enough. The entire investigation hinges on whether or not Loli Tentacle Rape High School leads to cases of real sexual assault. The very notion seems preposterous when you consider that far too many young men are dropping out of society all together. They have forsaken "3D" women in favor of their waifus, to the point where the nation is suffering a decline in birth rates. The last thing they need are some harpies from a different nation shrieking at them over imagined slights. Frankly I should have raised this point from the very beginning.

snip

Yikes. Calm down there, dude.

Zorafim
Mar 24, 2016, 11:53 AM
I think you are the one that misunderstands the relationship the UN has with its member nations. Japan is a part of the UN, the UN is not Japan. The United Nations' charter does not grant it the authority to impose on the domestic affairs of any state unless it's a matter of international security. Hurt feelings, especially from people on the other side of the world, is not a human rights crisis.

Do not misconstrue my words as a problem with the UN. My problem is with people that make an appeal to authority when there is none to be found.

I won't name any names in regards to the leftist idealogue. All I will say is that I had false information about a certain someone, who is extremely invested in seeing misogyny where it doesn't exist, being appointed to the UN. If it were true, you could bet your ass they would be put on such a committee.

Free speech is a very nuanced issue. Forgive me, but I don't feel like delving into it any further.

I'm no expert on Japanese culture either. To my understanding, otakus are stigmatized enough. The entire investigation hinges on whether or not Loli Tentacle Rape High School leads to cases of real sexual assault. The very notion seems preposterous when you consider that far too many young men are dropping out of society all together. They have forsaken "3D" women in favor of their waifus, to the point where the nation is suffering a decline in birth rates. The last thing they need are some harpies from a different nation shrieking at them over imagined slights. Frankly I should have raised this point from the very beginning.

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa368/Nek0Tan/Animated%20GIFs/50.gif

Noblewine
Mar 26, 2016, 09:43 PM
I have no words for this.
While I don't agree with Outrider on most of the topics in here, it seems like he is more informed and does better research than you.

I admit that I've been brash when choosing my words wisely while I've tried to explain the issues. My bad and I'll do better research. I'm just edgy about what's going on.

Keilyn
Mar 29, 2016, 03:31 PM

Rewriting Noblewine's opening post's first sentence to Academic English would be:

"U.N attempted to enact a commercial trade embargo against the nation of Japan covering manga and video games."

I want you to find the page on the main U.N website that actually has the discussion on the matter. I've been to all the major subdivisions of the U.N website including UNPAN itself and when I type in Anime, nothing pops up.

I also want you to find the actual abstract documentation of the council-session in which the discussion of a commercial trade-embargo against Japan is in deliberation covering these articles.

The U.N had nothing to with a petition being written on Change.Org meaning that naming this thread "U.N fails again" when the petition does not even meet the guidelines listed in the U.N Charter to even be opened to a consideration vote is a proof of your lack of education.

Zorafim
Mar 29, 2016, 04:58 PM
Yeah... I looked through the link at the beginning, and could barely see anything relating to what he was talking about.

Noblewine
Mar 29, 2016, 08:34 PM
Yeah... I looked through the link at the beginning, and could barely see anything relating to what he was talking about.

Lemme ask you a question first. If I showed you where I got the information from would you believe me?

Yikes. Calm down there, dude.

Um pd I was happy you understood what i was saying when you made that reply.

Rewriting Noblewine's opening post's first sentence to Academic English would be:

"U.N attempted to enact a commercial trade embargo against the nation of Japan covering manga and video games."

I want you to find the page on the main U.N website that actually has the discussion on the matter. I've been to all the major subdivisions of the U.N website including UNPAN itself and when I type in Anime, nothing pops up.

I also want you to find the actual abstract documentation of the council-session in which the discussion of a commercial trade-embargo against Japan is in deliberation covering these articles.

The U.N had nothing to with a petition being written on Change.Org meaning that naming this thread "U.N fails again" when the petition does not even meet the guidelines listed in the U.N Charter to even be opened to a consideration vote is a proof of your lack of education.

Your not helpin keilyn.

Zorafim
Mar 30, 2016, 03:29 PM
Lemme ask you a question first. If I showed you where I got the information from would you believe me?

Did you not link it in the first post?

Keilyn
Mar 31, 2016, 10:44 PM

Um pd I was happy you understood what i was saying when you made that reply.

Your not helpin keilyn.

You wish for my help? If so, all you needed to do was ask.

I believe that right now the centralized effort of the U.N is in dealing with the Brussels Bombings. Brussels is where the headquarters of the European Union and its government center exists. It is true that terrorist strikes occur throughout the world, but when a capital-city is actually hit, the implications and repercussions are far greater as well as the level of fear generated among the public as well.

What was hit this time were transportation-sector targets. In this case it was an Airport Terminal and a Metro Terminal. The priority of a world governmental organization in such a matter (as that is my opinion of the U.N) would be to quell any kind of uprising or resistance generated that would cause the opinion of the world to lose interest or belief in world governmental organizations.

There is too much activity in the world right now to even consider opening up a floor towards even considering a petition in regards to manga and video games. There is also no major reason or cause for attempting a commercial trade-embargo against Japan, considering there are nations in which part of their global trade networks consist of contraband and questionable merchandise such as firearms, IEDs and even the third highest crime in the world... Human Trafficking..

...Compared to such demeaning acts and the level of hostility raising the alert status of the world on global levels, I find the U.N is taking up more immediate action against these immediate threats as well as every major organization in the world that has chosen their side to leave their mark with on the matter.

Noblewine
Apr 9, 2016, 08:04 PM
I don't want your help Keilyn when your de-rail a topic. Nuff said..

I'm well aware a war is going currently and the immigration problem. I need to watch some vids on the topic since I don't like to watch ABC news or any other tv news channels. What does this have to do with the discussion though?

Keilyn
Apr 9, 2016, 09:21 PM
I don't want your help Keilyn when your de-rail a topic. Nuff said..

I'm well aware a war is going currently and the immigration problem. I need to watch some vids on the topic since I don't like to watch ABC news or any other tv news channels. What does this have to do with the discussion though?

This topic proves that you lack Fundamental knowledge in this area and also lack responsive/receptive abilities. Evidence is that my previous response was actually being nice to you and you took it the wrong way.

"No good deed goes unpunished" is how I feel about your response.

I will no longer post in this thread.