PDA

View Full Version : ERROR - Access is Denied

Aegix-Drakan
Mar 13, 2016, 11:06 AM
Last night, PSO2 was working just fine. I load it up this morning and in the Tweaker I'm greeted with a generic "ERROR - Access is Denied" message.

There's no error code or anything, and some quick googling gave me no helpful results.

I tried just about everything in the Troubleshooting menu and it's still giving me this error.

Any idea what the heck is going on?

EDIT: It's not my antivirus suddenly getting picky either. I made an Exception for PSo2, and it still tells me access is denied.

EDIT2: On trying to run PSO2 raw from the folder, it tells me it can't access the specified folder/path or that I'm lacking the right Permissions (Even running as admin does not have enough permissions). Am I supposed to fully reinstall or something in this circumstance?

Anduril
Mar 13, 2016, 12:26 PM
For the sake of completeness, first thing: have you rebooted your computer since getting the error?
As to reinstalling, PSO2 is nice in that you can just move the entire folder to a new location without uninstalling/reinstalling and the game will run with no issue.

Aegix-Drakan
Mar 13, 2016, 12:56 PM
Well, rebooting fixed the "ERROR - Access Denied" problem. 0_o That was unexpected.

Now I'm getting a black title screen when I load the game, though. That's usually an issue with the patches not being compatible with the server/game right?

Anduril
Mar 13, 2016, 03:55 PM
Well, rebooting fixed the "ERROR - Access Denied" problem. 0_o That was unexpected.

Now I'm getting a black title screen when I load the game, though. That's usually an issue with the patches not being compatible with the server/game right?
Run a filecheck (either "Check for Old/Missing files" or "Check for PSO2 Update" (non-New Method) in the Tweaker, or let the official launcher run) then try reinstalling the English patch.

Aegix-Drakan
Mar 13, 2016, 04:12 PM
Run a filecheck (either "Check for Old/Missing files" or "Check for PSO2 Update" (non-New Method) in the Tweaker, or let the official launcher run) then try reinstalling the English patch.

Yeah, reinstalling/updating the English Patch fixed it. Thanks!