PDA

View Full Version : Noob questions

Makillda
Mar 14, 2016, 05:23 PM
Forgive me if this has been answered but my searching has provided little information. I installed the game (and the English patches) using Tweaker this morning and got it running. I managed to register a SEGA ID and get into the game. I created a character (which was fun as the menus are still in Japanese) and start the game.

My character emerges from a cylinder and engages in a conversation with a NPC. I'm thinking that I'm starting in Ep 4. Anyway, after the convo is over, I get a black screen with a small chat box in the lower right corner and can do nothing from there. I cannot read what is in the box and no matter what I press, nothing happens. There is a button in the top right of the chat window that makes it disappear when I press it but then I'm forced to close the game.

I have to be missing something simple. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

edit: Removed the Story Patch and got past that. I have read that I need top get to a certain point to select Ep 1 from the character select screen. I'll keep plugging away.

Anduril
Mar 14, 2016, 05:29 PM
It might be a Story Patch issue. Try uninstalling it (Orb>Restore Backup of JP Files>English Story Patch). The EP4 stuff (ie. anything with Sierra) is untranslated right now anyway, so there isn't much point in having it installed until you go back to Ep.1-3, and the cutscenes from the Tutorial can be viewed from the Event Chronicle in your room at a later time.
If you don't have the story patch installed, you should probably run a filecheck (in the Tweaker, either "Check for Old/Missing Files," or "Check for PSO2 updates" without the (new method) tag).

Makillda
Mar 14, 2016, 06:12 PM
I'm in-game now and in the lobby. I simply cannot figure out how to make a room and get down on the planet to do stuff. Are there any guides that show the menus and what each function is?

Thanks for the help.

Anduril
Mar 14, 2016, 07:22 PM
I'm in-game now and in the lobby. I simply cannot figure out how to make a room and get down on the planet to do stuff. Are there any guides that show the menus and what each function is?

Thanks for the help.
Assuming you have left the Bridge, you should go to the Gate Area and there you will see several NPCs. There are two on either side of the large gate dressed in blue (Rebbecca and Anneliese) that have the Quests that are available to you. After you run the first ARKS Quest, you will need to go to the white-haired NPC dressed in black (Koffie) to get Client Orders that unlock areas.
Older pictures, but they still match the layout:
[spoiler-box]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/AndurilCh/PSOWorld/pso20150123_183437_000_zps650976ba.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/AndurilCh/PSOWorld/pso20150123_183443_001_zps6a43c5d3.png[/spoiler-box]

Makillda
Mar 15, 2016, 11:58 AM
Thank you for the help. The English patch seems to be working for me now as I can actually read a lot more today than I could yesterday.

I'm still wondering how long until I can switch to Ep 1 from character select. I've killed Rockbear and moved into the volcanic caves.

I still have no idea what's going on but I am having a lot of fun. They took what I liked about PSO and PSU and smooshed them together. :)

edit: Did more googling and searching and have answered most of my own questions. Thanks again for the help.