PDA

View Full Version : Best 13* sword atm?

Squal_FFVIII
Mar 18, 2016, 05:35 AM
Been using my Elysion fully maxed out and its been serving me well for almost a year now, but I feel that I should upgrade to a 13* sword now :)

Weiss9029
Mar 18, 2016, 06:05 AM
Austere?

Naska
Mar 18, 2016, 06:25 AM
Austere if you mainly use Sword only, Orbit if you plan to get Austere Partisan/WL. And Orbit Sword pot 1 + Crazy Heart on Fi tree meaning you'll get extra 400% pp regen when you got a status effect on you. Super useful especially fighting a pack of Goldrahda since they stun you a lot. Even without Crazy Heart, 200% pp regen on Orbit alone is worth using. Though you don't gain pp from Just Guard PP Gain while using 1st potential though.

PS. Better asking the Quick Question thread or Hunter discussion instead of making a new one.

Squal_FFVIII
Mar 18, 2016, 06:43 AM
How do I get this Austere? Is a stone shop weapon? I tried going to the jp pso2 wiki but seems to be down or something.

nguuuquaaa
Mar 18, 2016, 06:54 AM
Austere can be exchanged at Zieg's shop. Costs an Invade weapon (exchange with 100 Caligulas), (another) 100 Caligulas (drop from PD), 100 Neros (drop from Dark Falzes), a bunch of XQ, UQ stones plus 10 Photon Boosters and 300 excubes, ALL of them for its 30 element Austere variance (lol :wacko:).

Still, Austere weapons are the best in the game, so it's still worth the hassle of gathering rocks.

Gaylar
Mar 18, 2016, 06:55 AM
You need

Invade Calibur (pre-req weapon, required 100 Caligula and 100 Excubes iirc)
100 Profound Caligula Fragment
100 Dark Nero Fragment
50 Galeru/Yurlungur Crystals
5 of each XQ Spellstone
10 Photon Boosters
300 Excubes

Squal_FFVIII
Mar 18, 2016, 10:21 AM
Seeing as the JP wiki is dead right now I can't find much info.

What's the pot on this sword? What makes it the best?

Weiss9029
Mar 18, 2016, 10:25 AM
Seeing as the JP wiki is dead right now I can't find much info.

What's the pot on this sword? What makes it the best?
Austere is 12% damage flat, doesn't rely on anything, plus 10% passive PP regen

Orbit is a bit more annoying to type out

Alma
Mar 18, 2016, 10:27 AM
it got highest ATK stat among all the *13 weapons (like 70-100 atk higher than the 2nd best *13)
and relatively strong and unconditional potential.
(12% dmg and 10% pp regen that always active without some weird/silly requirement to proc).

Sp-24
Mar 18, 2016, 10:28 AM
Highest base attack of all weapons by a huge margin, large unconditional damage multiplier, a slight increase in PP recovery.

It's the best because no weapon can compete without a list of ifs and buts speaking in its favor.

Squal_FFVIII
Mar 18, 2016, 10:33 AM
Wow cool sounds like my kinda weapon :) I don't like pots that rely on certain things in order to work.

That's why I like the Elysion that i'm currently using.

Flaoc
Mar 18, 2016, 12:17 PM
orbit weps are austeres direct competition in some cases having better dps overall..however in swords case i cannot really decide either would be good but probably austere for sword overall

Batty
Mar 18, 2016, 12:25 PM
if you maintain an offensive style of gameplay with sword, Orbit sword would actually be the best choice; the difference of dmg with austere is only 106 atk, however the atk buff is stronger (13% vs austere 12%) and like i said, if you keep an offensive style the pot 1 on orbit sword will beat austere feeble passive 10% pp regen (orbit potential 1 stops natural pp regen when weapon is unsheated, however it raises it by 200% when is sheathed and gives 60% more pp pet hit)

if that 106 atk difference pains you (i fail to see why it would) you can always exchange saiki set for orbit/kaiser set. You will have 25pp less than a pp crafted saiki, but with orbit pp shouldnt be a problem anyway, and the exchange would be double the amount of atk that saiki gives, and all your resistances untouched since you´re not supposed to craft it

if interested to see it in action, look for kanda_kiriko videos, he is a sword hu/fi that uses orbit sword and saiki set

Sp-24
Mar 18, 2016, 12:30 PM
orbit weps are austeres direct competition in some cases having better dps overall..however in swords case i cannot really decide either would be good but probably austere for sword overall
What Orbit outdamages its Austere counterpart? That 1% difference in multipliers never makes up for the like 6% disparage in base attack. Austere remains stronger overall.

Tunga
Mar 18, 2016, 12:34 PM
What Orbit outdamages its Austere counterpart? That 1% difference in multipliers never makes up for the like 6% disparage in base attack. Austere remains stronger overall.

Austere is only 3% stronger at best, bigger pain in the ass to get and some weapons (tmg, dbs for ex.) the extra pp regen makes austere look irrelevant.

Flaoc
Mar 18, 2016, 12:36 PM
austere has better burst damage orbit has better longer fight dps and austere is not 6% stronger than orbit its closer to 3% if anything which multiple people keep telling me when they calculate so if anyone wants to calculate here feel free.. wouldnt mind being proven wrong on the 3% between the 2 weps part

Sp-24
Mar 18, 2016, 12:43 PM
The difference is 2% on all weapons I bothered to compare. But Orbit's potential is not very easy to use, even on bows and TMGs, that let you unsheathe them on demand with your Ranger subclass. They by no means make Austere irrelevant.

Tunga
Mar 18, 2016, 12:51 PM
But Orbit's potential is not very easy to use,
All you do is play the game normally and the weapon does the rest. How is it not easy?

They by no means make Austere irrelevant.
By irrelevant i mean that it's on-par/superior to austere (outside tech weapons). But they're a lot faster and cheaper to get than austere.

Sp-24
Mar 18, 2016, 01:27 PM
I'm mostly speaking from my experience with bosses (something OP will have to look forward to if he insists on going swords only). You lose 2% damage for an, at best, about 15% increase in PP recovery if you always stay in enemy's face and land all hits. But you are left fresh out of PP if your targets move around a lot (or at all, really), and with no way to easily holster your weapon for the passive recovery bonus.

Orbit's PP recovery is great if you are hitting more than one target, but that shouldn't happen very often with sword's range. And if you have somebody to Zondeel for you, everything is likely dead before Braver can tessenport there.

Xaelouse
Mar 18, 2016, 01:44 PM
Better to save your austere resources for a weapon worth a damn

Batty
Mar 18, 2016, 03:04 PM
Better to save your austere resources for a weapon worth a damn

^

orbit sword is allready equal with austere and much easier to obtain, maybe better depending on your POV. Better to save those mats from an unrivaled austere weapon like a partizan or a rod

Loveless62
Mar 18, 2016, 04:31 PM
But you are left fresh out of PP if your targets move around a lot (or at all, really), and with no way to easily holster your weapon for the passive recovery bonus.
There are three means to quickly sheathe your weapon:

Lobby action (+ jump to cancel)
Switch to a weapon of a different type.
Cast a technique (works for all weapons (I think) that are not Row, Talis, Wand, and JB)

2 is a bit awkward, since you then have to switch back to sword(and deal with a decent amount of lag). 3 requires a subclass that enables techniques (which is probably unlikely for most HU mains) and some leftover PP.

However, I am not seeing a real drawback to 1, which counters your claim that there is "no way to easily holster your weapon". Maybe it's a bit awkward when you are in midair, but then you can just drop. You will probably then be able to cancel the LA soon by just moving or making a small hop when you land.

TaigaUC
Mar 19, 2016, 03:37 AM
Seiga Sword not good?

Sp-24
Mar 19, 2016, 03:52 AM
Seiga launcher was sitting right between Ares and Austere when I compared them. It's probably the same for the sword.

Naska
Mar 19, 2016, 05:28 AM
Seiga Sword not good?

Well the main reason people using Orbit instead of Austere sword is sacrificing a few % in dmg for more pp regen. Seiga sword healing doesn't offer as much since it's a whole 40s circle of using the same weapon just to get heal.

Batty
Mar 19, 2016, 08:54 AM
Seiga Sword not good?

Good but only as an early 13* till you get órbit or austere, the potential is kinda useless since HUs allready have automate for survability

ClairVauxBernardus
Mar 19, 2016, 01:56 PM
seiga sword for new XQ

Goukezitsu
Mar 20, 2016, 01:12 AM
Am I missing something here? Seiga Sword is 11% damage AND does the hp recovery thing unless I've been going crazy this whole time. It's also 5 more base damage than orbit which makes it a lot better than Ares seeing as building your pb for more damage isn't always beneficial especially for hunter since you usually use nifta over ketos (and ares without pb is 6% starting).

Austeres have always been only 3%ish stronger than orbit's first latent. The damage gap on austeres vs high end 13* is not very much. It's 3-5% depending upon the weapon. So that means if the weapon is decent there's no reason to immediately upgrade to austere beyond trying to have the most damage you can muster.

However, in some cases, orbit is seemingly better than austere. Personally I feel Orbit bow and Orbit sword are better than austere or at least greatly compete with it. Playstyle of sword if it's being done right is a lot of swinging and tech arts. Also, hunter as a whole is a multiple weapon affair. Mixing the weapon types and even using fighter sub weapons are something every hunter should be doing if they are taking it seriously. Sword only hunters are some antiquated idea that shouldn't be pursued if you're taking the class seriously as wired lance and partisan are vital for various situations for optimal damage output even though sword is a very versatile weapon and is one of the best for people who only choose to use a single weapon.

If you want some obviously good Austere picks to me its Rod, Katana, Partisan, Wired Lance, Knuckles. Those, for the most part, have pretty bad alternative 13* options (other than ideals for bossing).

Sp-24
Mar 20, 2016, 01:25 AM
The performance increase you get from upgrading is deceptively high. I can't even say why for sure, since the number difference checks out. Probably because 3% difference sometimes means 1 less hit on something that dies or breaks in just a couple attacks.

Off topic, but when are wired lances good? Been trying to make sense of them for a while now.

Goukezitsu
Mar 20, 2016, 01:55 AM
The performance increase you get from upgrading is deceptively high. I can't even say why for sure, since the number difference checks out. Probably because 3% difference sometimes means 1 less hit on something that dies or breaks in just a couple attacks.

Off topic, but when are wired lances good? Been trying to make sense of them for a while now.

I have austeres, ares, gal, serafis, orbits, all kinds of 13*s at +40 and 60% so I'm not speaking from ignorance just experience. 3% damage is not bad by any means and is good for things if you did need to 1 shot something and you were just below the threshold or just want the most damage a weapon can offer but for all the materials it takes to get an austere if you are in a situation where you need to pick between a few you certainly aren't going to pick up an austere that has 5 other 13*s that are just barely weaker / are debatable with the austere. The pp gains on orbit on hit and otherwise are being devalued here in terms of what that translates into for damage.

Wired lance are great mobbing tools for when the enemies have a lot of HP. Other spin procs stun which forces case advanced which can then force chase bind. Other cyclone has high damage for low pp vs sword which has higher burst damage but dumps pp out faster. Holding current is a situational tool and in some cases is the best damage based upon circumstance. It can also reach some areas that are otherwise impossible or difficult to reach while still outputting high damage (elder and loser cores).

Also, wild round is one of the safest high damage pas you could use in a dangerous situation on a boss. Anga slaps can be blocked with wild round hits going on in between them (there's other things too but that's an example).

Hunter is just a class with a big bag of tools. Some weapons being used for just 1 thing. It's fun stuff.

Naska
Mar 20, 2016, 04:52 AM
You forgot to mention WL is the most mobile weapon in Hunter's arsenal, can both do a quick burst damage and dodging attack with its I-frame (Heavenly Fall case), quick TAJA setup along with supreme air time (Adapt Spin), long range status effect applying tool (Kaiser Rise).
But the thing which make WL isn't good/OP is not just preference but rather hit-box problem.
Tons of mob and boss have outdated hit-boxes making it impossible to land Heavenly Fall (large boss like Maggy or GGG), again with Maggy, you're stationary during Holding Current, thus will make you clip into Maggy when it moved (if they fix the problem of standing on Maggy platform would move you as it move, it'd solved a whole lot of problems).

Squal_FFVIII
Mar 20, 2016, 06:40 AM
From my understanding Saiga sword is more of a "tanky" sword than a dps sword.

Sp-24
Mar 20, 2016, 06:55 AM
Its HP recovery barely matters when Hunter has Automate. On the other hand, it has higher attack and better damage multiplier than nearly every other sword. It's as much of a "DPS" weapon as anything else.

EvilMag
Mar 20, 2016, 09:45 AM
Seiga is good since its probably the easiest 13* sword to obtain since you don't need to dedicate your life around schedule only eqs. That and triggers are pretty easy to obtain.

Zorak000
Mar 20, 2016, 01:10 PM
The difference is 2% on all weapons I bothered to compare. But Orbit's potential is not very easy to use, even on bows and TMGs, that let you unsheathe them on demand with your Ranger subclass. They by no means make Austere irrelevant.

orbit potential is absurdly easy to use on tmg; especially since forward s roll ring came out

if there is no enemy in range to basic attack for pp it's either time to move to the next part of the map (sheathing the weapon) or you just s-roll through the air a bit to get to them