PDA

View Full Version : can you enjoy the game as much without using real money?

abkihara
Mar 21, 2016, 02:21 AM
I'm getting close to lvl 75 but I feel like I'm still not strong enough. Is it worth it to spend real money to get the benefits or is that usually just for customization purposes etc.?

Kondibon
Mar 21, 2016, 02:48 AM
The biggest benefit besides rolling scratches for cash I can think of would be getting premium so you can get weapon/unit trade passes.

morkie
Mar 21, 2016, 05:00 AM
it's about your gear and weapons, you must have 13*weapon and your gear must be +10 too, then affix it make it 100+atk each gear and weapon...AC is about passes and costume also multiple mag and skill tree

Sp-24
Mar 21, 2016, 05:02 AM
Premium is pretty helpful, but none of the AC stuff will make you stronger by itself.

Petunia
Mar 21, 2016, 05:02 AM
You can easily enjoy the game without spending a penny. Just keep in mind that in doing so, you basically force yourself to play the Grind game.
It's not pay to win, but it is Pay for convenience.

Where as a premium player can buy fodder for his units and get the right affixes instantly, you would have go out and farm the items and abilities and then roll the dice to move abilities around until you've got your units. Not to mention actually having to get lucky with the Unit drops.
That's really watering it down, mind you. There's tons more things you have to take the long route on as a non-premium player.
You can still enjoy the game, but you'll find yourself lagging pretty far behind those who spend money.

Kondibon
Mar 21, 2016, 05:05 AM
it's about your gear and weapons, you must have 13*weapon and your gear must be +10 too, then affix it make it 100+atk each gear and weapon...I don't think anyone but the most anal and obnoxious assholes would say you "must" have any of that except the +10.

AmanoMai
Mar 21, 2016, 05:45 AM
you can't buy 13* so AC doesn't help there.
Saiki units is so easy to farm. (i heard)
now all you need is to make money to grind and affix them which should also be easy by simply doing dailies and tacos.

so yea you don't need AC to make a strong character...
but no AC does take alot away from the enjoyment imo
stuck with a bad pug in a bad block for example

(then again from what I read i'll just assume you don't know enough about gameplay, builds and gearing, which isn't an AC problem)

hoangsea
Mar 21, 2016, 05:55 AM
you dont even need to spend a single penny for this game and still can enjoy it
by making an 100+ atk set is very easy and cheap which can make you strong enough
150 or 180+ atk equipments took alot more effort

if you want to make money faster, make 3 character and doing weekly TA, coxq. Try to do AQ as much as you can and don't forgot to participated in important EQ such as base 4, profound, 2 falz.

Coatl
Mar 21, 2016, 07:57 PM
The best stuff you can't even get with AC. And you can easily get good enough *11 or *12 gear until you grind for *13s.

Most *13s are farmable with a random MP. Albiet grindy, but doable.

Konquer
Mar 21, 2016, 09:39 PM
what class are you? also you need to upgrade your gears, im assuming you know how to do that

otherwise, just drop some cash to support the game

TaigaUC
Mar 21, 2016, 09:50 PM
Saiki units are easy to get now.
Just do the recommended quests every day, to get keys for bonus quest.
There's a fairly high chance of getting Saiki from the bonus quests.

I'd say the main benefits to buying AC would be:
- Buy extra item pack slots, so you can pick up a ton of stuff and get into another good run quickly, instead of wasting time sorting crap.
- Buy extra Mags, if you want to play multiple styles on a single character. Otherwise just make a character for each major attack type (S-ATK, R-ATK and T-ATK).
- Buy extra skill trees, if you need them (eg. optimal Force/Techer has trees for each element type, Braver may need Bow tree and Katana tree, Techer may need Wand melee tree, etc).
- Able to purchase 11-12 star stuff, but you can get 3x 12 star passes from the titles for doing XH.
- Able to get into populated blocks more easily, but this is mostly only useful if you want to play with certain friends.
- Buy AC scratch and sell that to get lots of in-game money easily.

TehCubey
Mar 22, 2016, 04:09 AM
Assembling a saiki set is easier now than ever. Other units (fahren set, crafted whatever) can carry you in the meantime.

EQs hand out decent 11*s like candy. Red weapons are available for all and very powerful. Best weapons are 13*s that you can't buy from other players either way, premium or not.

Only few classes require multiple skill trees for 100% top meta optimization, but for being a decent to good player, only one skill tree will suffice for all.

Meseta is easy to make so you can buy all those affix fodders or qt hairstyles and outfits you want.

Esthe counter passes are actually handed out as daily login rewards.

Playing this game without paying real money is definitely doable, and doesn't make you feel like a second class player.

The only really inconvenient parts is that you can't have more than one mag per character, and skill tree resets are distributed only infrequently - so be careful with your skill point allocation!

Where as a premium player can buy fodder for his units and get the right affixes instantly, you would have go out and farm the items and abilities

You realize, you don't need premium to buy fodder units, right? You may need a pass if it's 10* or 11* but there's plenty of fodder below that rarity.

Shiikii
Mar 22, 2016, 10:20 AM
You realize, you don't need premium to buy fodder units, right? You may need a pass if it's 10* or 11* but there's plenty of fodder below that rarity.

Example, 2 weeks ago:
5s weapon Modulator + 4 crap = 1m+ if 10* or higher, 1.5m+ if below 10*

Anyway.
Only reason to spend money IMO is to exchange few hundreds of 10/11/12* weaps and 10/11* units into Passes for use in future. So, one-time Premium, and that's all... Everything else is doable without Premium. You can take your place at block before it get's crowded and stay there. You can buy fodders but they could be a bit more expensive. If you want specific 10* or higher rarity item, you need to farm it instead of buying.

Being non-premium is not a shame. It's a bit more difficult path, but it's also a challange - You can't just buy your desire 12* weap. You need to drop it, you need to work for it. IMO - it's more satysfiing path, without premium.

Dephinix
Mar 23, 2016, 06:17 AM
Example, 2 weeks ago:
5s weapon Modulator + 4 crap = 1m+ if 10* or higher, 1.5m+ if below 10*

Anyway.
Only reason to spend money IMO is to exchange few hundreds of 10/11/12* weaps and 10/11* units into Passes for use in future. So, one-time Premium, and that's all... Everything else is doable without Premium. You can take your place at block before it get's crowded and stay there. You can buy fodders but they could be a bit more expensive. If you want specific 10* or higher rarity item, you need to farm it instead of buying.

Being non-premium is not a shame. It's a bit more difficult path, but it's also a challange - You can't just buy your desire 12* weap. You need to drop it, you need to work for it. IMO - it's more satysfiing path, without premium.

You trust randoms that much, damn. I for one don't have time to stay logged in all day or would want to put my pc through that work. I'll take prem to get in the same block for maybe 1 hour's time rather than idling for 6+ hours. Wasn't this a bad thing for many people early on?
Red weapons ruled out a lot of 12 star and under stuff, though sometimes getting in a good CM block needs premium, but sometimes you want to go to the one with less people anyways. Find a group that's right for you kind of thing.
Dropping a 12* isn't satisfying to me anymore, and even then... didn't we all get like, at least 2 freebie 12 star passes a couple of months ago from titles? I mean, if you're hurting for a 12 star, bam, there you go. If not, then you've been holding on to many passes you have nothing to do with, andf the last paragraph is irrelevant.

Stryfe Lenayus
Apr 9, 2016, 09:20 AM
so do you automatically get 10 star pass by going premium?

Kondibon
Apr 9, 2016, 09:21 AM
so do you automatically get 10 star pass by going premium?No, you have to exchange 10* weapons for them while having premium, but this is a pretty hardcore necro, you could have just used the quick questions thread (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213385)