PDA

View Full Version : Potential solution to PSO2 not starting\Game Guard missing!

LilPika
Apr 12, 2016, 09:17 AM
So I'm going to give you my story and what worked for me to get the game running again!

I hadn't played PSO2 in over a year while I had been focusing on university and real life in general and after seeing the PSO2 Anime and the trailer for the new patch I thought it'd be a cool time to jump right back in and see what's changed. However after running Tweaker and updating the game simply refused to launch. (Nothing would happen PSO2 would be in task manager but nothing would show up.)

After doing some digging it seemed this was related to GG and after trying every possible solution I was ready to give up and move on to another game. Then on a whim I tried one last potential idea.

Here are the steps I took:
1. Download the English Installer from Arks. Install it.
2. Uninstall it via Programs\Features. Yes you read that right. No not run it. It seems this whole problem has something to do with registry errors. Installing and then uninstalling seems to get those files "Unstuck."
3. Check for another installation locations. I don't know what happened but I had an install in my base C: and one in program files x86. Manually remove any remaining installations.
4: Reinstall the English installer. DO NOT RUN AFTER INSTALL.
5: Install Tweaker DO NOT INSTALL ANY PATCHES.
6: Set your location and then attempt to run the game. This is your moment of truth. For me I went straight to a website telling me GG wasn't there. Close this website. If you do not get this website then this guide has not helped.
7: Click orb -> Troubleshoot -> Fix Game Guard Errors.
8: Launch the game. IT MAY GO TO A BLACK SCREEN. This is okay. Close your game.
9: Click orb -> Troubleshoot -> Check for Deleted\Empty files. _AND_ Missing files Now go browse over PSO world with a lovely beverage of your choice while these patches happen. Will take some time.... I went for tea. Love me some tea.
10: Do step 9 again. In fact do it a few times. Just to be sure.
11: Install all your patches.
12: Run the game.
12a: If you get a black screen repeat step 9 then reinstall English patches. Do this as many times as needed. May take mutiple attempts.

And then you should load just fine! I'm back in :D After losing a lot of hair due to pulling it out the above seemed to work. It would seem there is a messy registry entry at some point causing most of the issues!