PDA

View Full Version : Auth Key alternative?

zerolegends
Apr 12, 2016, 11:25 AM
Hello... i have not been here in a while and i havent played PSO2 since the early releases. i think dark falz was the last event i attended. Anyways i switched Computers and the reason why i gave up in the first place was because the Auth key never came in the mail. I use AOL as my mail and even if successfully log into the SegaID stuff i forgot my information for everything.

So ... i'm not sure if this has been done yet... but to my understanding PSO2 will not ask you for the Auth Key as long as its on the SAME machine rather then IP correct?

if thats the case, my old computer is still around and still has my login stuff and was able to log into it last time. is it possible to just copy everything PSO2 related and then just put it on this machine to prevent it from asking the auth key?

Matoi
Apr 13, 2016, 12:21 AM
It will ask for Auth regardless, i tested that a few days ago.

Plugged my drive to another PC, ran the game, logged, and it asked for it.

Be it same install or not. once it detects its other Machine/IP, it will trigger the Auth.

Only thing you can do is, Log on the old pc, and try to see if you can search for the info on it. be it on pso2.jp or the game.

wefwq
Apr 13, 2016, 07:47 AM
Try to remember any info of your old ID first, i think it only require you to choose one of the info, will it be your name, birthdate, or secret question/answer.
Though you may want to be very careful as in recently SEGA been putting stupid security measure that may potentially lock you out if you failed to fill those form with right info.
It can result on suspended ability to login your SEGA ID, temporary ban, or perma-ban-but-not-quite please contact us to relase the lock.

Normally, user will have to contact support if they having difficulty like this, but they won't even roll their eyes to see your face if you're not Japanese.

zerolegends
Apr 13, 2016, 10:34 AM
Both are you are not entirely wrong but i have an easier Solution to that, i will post it up later today :)