PDA

View Full Version : English story problem

x3r0z3r0
Apr 14, 2016, 11:19 PM
I have installed phantasy star 2 online and I am playing. The game is awesome good job Sega even though I'm playing years after it came out still really good brings back memory's of older games!! GameCube hehe.. I need help everyone, though I am playing my patch for the story to be in English and the other two patches are on but for some reason it is all still in Japanese I have turned on the options for English patches I don't know what to do huhu? Any takers?

x3r0z3r0
Apr 14, 2016, 11:22 PM
Update, my story patch has now disappeared it says its not installed anymore but it found story patch backup so hopefully it works =] I have learned that with the twicker you have to tinker with it to get it on the right path to working right ahaha. Everyone have fun hope to see any of you on.

Loveless62
Apr 15, 2016, 09:23 AM
Not all of the story (and not all of the rest of the game) is currently translated.
Every time PSO2 is updated by a patch from Sega, all of the translation patches are uninstalled. You need to reinstall them in order for the in-game translation to resume functioning. I think the last patch from Sega was just a couple of weeks ago, and there will be one (a big one) coming next Wednesday.

I believe that the backup you found is a backup pf the original Japanese story files, so they probably won't help you get the game back to English. You just need to reinstall the patch.

zandra117
Apr 15, 2016, 05:45 PM
when you start a new game now you will begin in episode 4.
episode 4 is still very untranslated.
progress through the first chapter of episode 4 story until you unlock the tokyo free field.
then you should be able to log out and change to episode 1-3 when you log back in.
most of the episode 1-3 content and story is in english if your patch is properly installed.