PDA

View Full Version : It is quests like the bottom of the heart that will keep thi

StryderPSO
Apr 26, 2003, 02:01 PM
It's really neat taht they are giving acess to new levels and new enimies...and possibly new rare items? I think that for this game to evolve into something that will be around for a long time like everquest, DAOC, and Asherons Call they need to release new content like this and I am very pleased and cannot wait. I really hope in the future versions serverside saving is implemented to prevent cheating. I hope that for the XBOX version they provide huge updates and maps to download. That would be sooo cool I cant wait to see where the future takes PSO, now that i have seen an example that sonic team has the capacity to have new levels, music quests etc.

Kenks23
Apr 26, 2003, 02:07 PM
On 2003-04-26 12:01, StryderPSO wrote:
It's really neat taht they are giving acess to new levels and new enimies...and possibly new rare items? I think that for this game to evolve into something that will be around for a long time like everquest, DAOC, and Asherons Call they need to release new content like this and I am very pleased and cannot wait. I really hope in the future versions serverside saving is implemented to prevent cheating. I hope that for the XBOX version they provide huge updates and maps to download. That would be sooo cool I cant wait to see where the future takes PSO, now that i have seen an example that sonic team has the capacity to have new levels, music quests etc.

Amen to that.

Jacko
Apr 26, 2003, 02:34 PM
hell yes.

dj_dan
Apr 26, 2003, 02:35 PM
I completely agree, but something like the Central Control Tower was already programmed into the PSOGC disk. If there are more areas to goto they must already be on the game disk.

However for PSOX, it is entirely possible to add new weapons/levels/enemies/etc. I doubt they will use that feature, but nonetheless, it's possible.

StryderPSO
Apr 26, 2003, 02:38 PM
yeah it is probably programmed in...but isnt it possible that since most of the areas in PSO are made up of areas seperated by doors, they could do remixes or areas...I hope central tower is more than that, but if it isnt its still cool and i hope they have more hidden areas like that. I really wish that a new outdoor area would be made available...That would be ideal. But i really hope Sonic Team develops XBOX live updates for the XBOX. Especially new levels

Castoth
Apr 26, 2003, 08:16 PM
Once it starts getting stale, Sega will use their hype machine and release a new expansion disc most likely. Heck, I'm all for more rares, new areas, and hopefully, the correction of bugs.

SATAN666
Apr 26, 2003, 10:09 PM
On 2003-04-26 18:16, Castoth wrote:
Once it starts getting stale, Sega will use their hype machine and release a new expansion disc most likely. Heck, I'm all for more rares, new areas, and hopefully, the correction of bugs.

By "expansion disc", of course you mean full-priced-new-hunter's-license-required-'version 2'.

Which I actually don't mind.

But it would be nice if they added more than the DC update got.

StryderPSO
Apr 26, 2003, 10:19 PM
i would pay for any game with the PSO brand name on it...i have em all might as well not stop now...I am an addict http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

rbf2000
Apr 26, 2003, 11:57 PM
They have to do updates like this, and they have to do them once a month.

Now that they charge per month (as opposed to a three month block), they have to add new content each month to keep people coming back.

northStar
Apr 27, 2003, 12:50 AM
I have been clamoring for new quests! The one coming April 30th is a step in the right direction. New monsters and expanded areas--you can't beat that. But, before you rejoice let's consider that the new monsters probably behave like their counterparts. Sega needs to up the antee on the creature AI. It's just all too redundant and predictable. The fact that you can just run out of a room and be safe could be re-worked in some quests. Let the quest be real difficult because the monsters follow you. Or just make them behave differently. Plus, entirely new areas are needed badly. I will play this quest, but I might be left feeling that more could have been done (like I did after the quick V-day quest).