PDA

View Full Version : Game crashes about an hour in or so

MasterGunz2345
Apr 18, 2016, 12:43 PM
Ever since the pre-patch update, PSO2 keeps crashing for me about an hour in or so playing. I use Tweaker and I have tried the check for missing/empty/deleted files options, and nothing works. I also did those options because whenever PSO2 would crash, sometimes i couldnt get to the title screen and it would be a black screen right after the SEGA, NVIDIA logo and intro. Sometimes the checking files option would fix it and say there was a missing file, while other times it hasnt. Has anyone else had problems with PSO2 since this pre-patch update? I need help with the crashing issue. I had just recently gotten a brand new PC so if you need me to post the specs let me know, but keep in mind that I had this PC a few days before the pre-patch and everything was working fine. If you also need me to post my tier 6 settings let me know cause I have a gut feeling that might be the issue.

HentaiLolicon
Apr 18, 2016, 04:20 PM
update window, drivers; re-install directX 9, runtimes. Also try launching it with original client.

MasterGunz2345
Apr 18, 2016, 06:57 PM
update window, drivers; re-install directX 9, runtimes. Also try launching it with original client.

By original client u mean the official JP launcher right? Btw I cant uninstall DirectX 9 since it's not popping up in the list of programs I can uninstall, and my PC drivers, including processors, are up to date. I have Windows 10 and my specs are:

Processor: Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.71 GHz
RAM: 12.0 GB (11.9 GB usable)
System Type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

I heard PSO2 has had problems with Windows 10 and randomly crashes, and I things such as Tabtip or w/e solves the issue yet I don't see that program running in my device manager>detailed. I also heard the sound driver can cause issues and when I disable my sound driver there are no sounds soooo lol. I can't pinpoint what the problem is here and why it's crashing.

HentaiLolicon
Apr 19, 2016, 01:55 AM
I'm on win 10 also. I leave pso running 24/7 yet haven't had a crash so far. And, i'm using a clean JP client with no touch from tweaker. To pinpoint the problem, try using event viewer.

MasterGunz2345
Apr 20, 2016, 08:27 AM
Im gonna give the JP launcher a try if thats what u mean by client JP client. Wont i have to sit and wait for the JP to install the updates though? Pretty sure when I was having problems with tweaker in the past I had to sit through the JP launcher and wait for the updates to install. I also just used event viewer and this is what it said about PSO2:

"The program pso2.exe version 0.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 1c08
Start Time: 01d19af832886fb5
Termination Time: 218
Application Path: C:\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2\pso2_bin\pso2.exe
Report Id: a284c524-06f7-11e6-9bd8-94659cc4d28a
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID: "