PDA

View Full Version : Gu/Ra vs Gu/Hu?

FeartheGreat
Apr 23, 2016, 09:58 AM
So several years ago I created a Gu/Ra. She gets the job done pretty well. But now I hear talk that the way to go for Gunner mains is Gu/Hu? I already finished my Gu/Ra a long time ago but I been hesitant to change because I did not want to level her subclass again. But is it really worth doing? Is it that much of a difference having Hu as a sub instead of Ra? Is it really worth going back and leveling another class all over again?

Shinamori
Apr 23, 2016, 10:13 AM
GU/Ra is still better for overall damage. Gu/Hu is more for survivability.

FeartheGreat
Apr 23, 2016, 10:25 AM
Ah thank you. That is good to know. I figured as much but I wanted a second opinion. I am glad I won't have to bother.

Shinamori
Apr 23, 2016, 10:49 AM
However, if you want to do Solo XQ, you can go GU/Hu for survivability. with Massive Hunter, Automate Halfline, or Iron Will.

CelestialBlade
Apr 27, 2016, 09:37 AM
GU/RA has a much higher damage potential, but GU/HU is a significantly better solo combination. I've tried playing /RA several times and as someone who soloes quite a bit, I find it pretty miserable to not have all the extra defense. Given that much of the more challenging content (like the Heaven or Hell XQ) is solo-based, GU/HU is a solid choice.

Basically it comes down to this:

Ranger has
- Much, much higher situational damage potential with Weak Bullet
- Situational but more significant damage bonuses via Weak Hit Advance and Standing Snipe
- Gravity Bomb
- Slightly better R-ATK and R-DEF bonuses

Hunter has
- More survivability with Flash Guard, Iron Will, Massive Hunter, and better HP
- Less significant but always-on damage bonuses with Fury Stance and JA Bonus
- The option to have always-on Super Armor with Massive Hunter
- Higher crit potential if you have Valkyrie R25s, though IMO Fury Crit is a waste of points

Ranger may have the higher damage ceiling, but its damage is also far more situational than Hunter's consistent bonuses. And weak points aren't always easy to hit, so bear that in mind.

So you have to weigh the pros and cons and determine what better fits your playstyle. If you always play in parties, GU/RA is going to contribute more, but if you solo a lot or want to do difficult solo quests, GU/HU is going to keep you alive much better and you're still not going to have any trouble killing things with the right gear.

LEИ
Apr 29, 2016, 04:59 AM
You can also play as Gu/Ra and get the Massive Hunter ring. Because evading, after all, is a must. Whatever class and combination you pick.

Xaelouse
Apr 29, 2016, 12:19 PM
Automate Deadline is actually not all that bad if you have enough HP. GU has enough points to afford it for awhile now. Potentially makes HU sub even less needed but you really have to pay attention to your HP (you already do that with PK anyway) and know how much damage most enemies attacks deal. At the very least, it's more useful than Iron Will as a safety net.

Etherwolf
Apr 29, 2016, 01:07 PM
Long story short, which I'm sure many above have mentioned, it's a matter of survivability and constant light damage increase vs bursty af destroyer.