PDA

View Full Version : GC: FOmar chat

Neverwinter
Apr 26, 2003, 02:50 PM
Hi everyone, i will be chating here for a while till I have had enough. No FOmars are rubbish or insulting FOmars cause they r better than YOU!

blazeking240
Apr 27, 2003, 08:26 AM
i like fomars they have so much tp

rena-ko
Apr 27, 2003, 09:09 AM
i have a little fomar. he's lvl 1 and keeps tech disks i dont need yet.

Ness
Apr 27, 2003, 09:16 AM
I used to have a Fomar, but that was before I realized FOnewms are better.

muff
Apr 27, 2003, 10:19 AM
Fomars have good stats, but erm, look like girls.

Ness
Apr 27, 2003, 11:34 AM
On 2003-04-27 08:19, Cubis wrote:

I have theory that FOmars are gay. (I know not all gays are girly, but theses are girly gays).

BerserkerKutu
Apr 27, 2003, 11:51 AM
On 2003-04-27 09:34, Ness wrote:

I have theory that FOmars are gay. (I know not all gays are girly, but theses are girly gays).

Nah... They just bishoenens...

Blenjar
Apr 27, 2003, 12:20 PM
I think you 2 are gay..... ^_^

LamerPanda
Apr 27, 2003, 05:46 PM
Don't judge people on the way they dress. X_x Besides, saying a whole class is gay is silly, depends on the player.

FOmars are alright, but I'm lazy and mine is pretty much stuck at level 26.

Ender_Wiggin06
Apr 27, 2003, 09:51 PM
FOmars rock! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I had a FOmar at Level 38, but then I got corrupted yesterday..the strange thing I was offline and don't even have a modem adapter.

So I restarted. ^_^

Kent
Apr 28, 2003, 05:16 AM
On 2003-04-27 07:16, Ness wrote:

My current main character on Xbox PSO is a FOmar, and FOnewms are better if you want to go about blasting techniques everywhere (but that's about it), but FOmars are better at being able to do solid physical damage as well as high Gi-level technique damage.

Ever seen a FOmar with a Kaladbolg? They can kick some ass if you know what you're doing (my GC FOmar had one).

On 2003-04-27 09:34, Ness wrote:

Wouldn't that depend on how they were role-played? I sure don't act gay (or "girly") when I'm playing my FOmar...

rena-ko
Apr 28, 2003, 05:48 AM
its always funny to see how homophobe some people are...

back in the dc-times fonewmns were considered 'gay', now its the fomar.
i have both (as bank chara), but i'd rather play a fonewmn than a fomar (mainly because of the gi ra tech boost and they look fun to play). i'd consider both as rather cool characterclasses.

yes and like stated above, its simply how the player behind roleplays his or her character.

Neverwinter
Apr 29, 2003, 10:21 AM
Oh plz do shut up bout characters bieng gay. Ever heard of roabs! I'm not hear to talk about gays, im here to talk about the GAME and speak to ppl who have FORCES!!!!!!!!!!!

KenshinO5O
Apr 29, 2003, 05:53 PM
My FOmar is just plain weird...
He can kill a booma in one hard attack with a Brand and must use 2 zonde to kill it...
Well another weird thing is that my FOmar's attack beats his MST by like 100...
Well anyone else have a FOmar like mine?
(I don't want to be the only one!)

Nishpa
Apr 30, 2003, 02:07 AM
My fomar is primarily melee too. I make sure to have J/Z/S/D always on and keep a red saber equipped. He can handle most of ultimate pretty well (though he does have some trouble soloing online ult seabed, mostly due to morfos' beams and low hp).

ChibiRoy
May 2, 2003, 02:15 AM
FOmar looks gay? You should talk you actually can't make FOnewm look cool.

Toldan
May 2, 2003, 02:29 AM
1. Hi http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif New

FOmars aren't gay =p My main character is a FOmar level 108 and he's really cool! As people have said, depends on how you role-play.
Sure FOnewm's may be better but I think they're really ugly http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
As for the melee part of FOmars, yeah they have pretty much ATP, but I dont find it enough to be usable in Ultimate, I mostly use only techs, but maybe its just me, I have the wrong weapons and such.

Question: I've seen other Forces cast techniques perty fast, is there some kind of item to make you cast faster like there is the X/Battle melee?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Toldan on 2003-05-02 00:30 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Toldan on 2003-05-02 00:31 ]</font>

Tulathis
May 2, 2003, 02:39 AM
Question: I've seen other Forces cast techniques perty fast, is there some kind of item to make you cast faster like there is the X/Battle melee?
There's no item that allows FOmars to cast spells faster than normal, however they do cast spells faster when unarmed or using a Angry Fist or Brave Knuckles because of the animation. Also, the higher level your spell is, the faster you will cast it.

ChibiRoy
May 2, 2003, 02:56 AM
Aren't FOmar's naturally faster? I was just wondering, because on the character description it states"Quickness in battle". It also seems as if my FOmar cast's faster than my friends FOnewearl, same tech lvl 29 Foie. Yeah and FOnewm is really ugly isn't he? FOmar is really cool- looking as well http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif.

Toldan
May 2, 2003, 03:01 AM
Ahh..
I've played with another force or 2 that cast just about the same speed I do with no weapon, though they have a staff of some sort equipped...so I still cast fast with Angry fist? Thanks
Ah well, maybe its just me =p

Psst. All my techs are in the late 20's, except for Jellen which is 30 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Toldan on 2003-05-02 01:02 ]</font>

Tulathis
May 2, 2003, 03:26 AM
Aren't FOmar's naturally faster?
FOmars and FOnewms cast fastest unarmed or with a Brave Knuckle/Angry Fist, faster even than a FOnewewarl or FOmarl with a weapon, but only slightly. FOnewearls and FOmarls actually cast faster when armed with normal weapons than they do unarmed, but only slightly.

Neverwinter
May 2, 2003, 04:52 AM
True...i have noticed that FOmars foie just zooms for the enemy as at Lv1 it was slow and uneffective.
But having a FOmar is stil my best choice.

EsperFlame
May 2, 2003, 04:59 AM
To tell you the truth, once you reach ultimate, a fomar's meleeing ability severely drops. Their ATP, althought great for a Fo, is too underpowered to work well until they reach their higher levels. Their ATA is the worst in the entire game so they tend to miss alot even with a decent hit% weapon. and like all forces, their HP is just too low to go into melee and getting beaten around. As a force they're only sufficient as they have the lowest MST of all the forces which means other than Gi-techs, all of there damaging techs do less damage than any of the other forces.

Now, what am I saying exactly? I'm saying that as a melee class Fomar's aren't that great. I'm aslo saying as a Tech User they aren't that great. Overall though, the class is very well rounded and with their decent ATP they do get the ability to use a few of the more interesting Hunter Weapons. I do like Fomar's (and plan on playing on in the near future hopefully), but it's definately not a class for beginners. I may be a little biasedtho since I enjoy Fonewearls. I like having the highest MST in the game and I've seen lvl 150+ Fonewearls actually melee decently.

And just a brief comparison, Fomar and Fonewearls Gifoie techs with max level/MST. The Fomar does in fact do a little bit more damage with Gi-Techs, but all of the Fonewearls Techs do alot more damage(especially the basic ones). And you'd be surpised at how often even the basic techniquies are useful.

Sedyne
May 2, 2003, 06:31 AM
On 2003-04-26 12:50, Neverwinter wrote:
Hi everyone, i will be chating here for a while till I have had enough. No FOmars are rubbish or insulting FOmars cause they r better than YOU!

I'd like to argue that statement.

FOmars are crap because...

-They have low HP
-They don't excel or have the ability to do a great deal of damage in any area in comparison to any other class
-They are the most boring FO to use

I have a level 150 FOmar on GameCube with maxed materials used, all calculated out so none were wasted, and I could max my ATP or MST whichever i wanted during the given time.

Given the fact that they really can't excel in an offensive anywhere in the game, I believe they are one of the worst characters. Worst, meaning offensively, for support, they are great. That is why they are also only played by the most "skilled" of PSO players. I've seen a few people try to use FOmar and are just completely out of wack and try to mele 24/7 with their damned sabers. And reviving them is so annoying.

So given the statement you made...

FOmars aren't rubish, but they are "crap" in comparison to other FO's.

The user behind the FOmar I must say is very good at the game if they can get it to a high level.

And generally, any class is better than the FOmar, because they can dish out the damage better. k thx

Toldan
May 2, 2003, 08:45 AM
Err I didnt mean how fast the spells actually went, but rather the recovery time.

Sure FOmars are bad and do not excel in one area, but I like (role)playing a FOmar because I like everything about them except for the low MST compared to other Forces. And I'm level 108 now and it's not like I'm gonna start a new Force...

Jacko
May 2, 2003, 11:27 AM
FOmars are good cos they are fast and are quite good with weapons aswell.

Chernabog
May 2, 2003, 11:54 AM
On 2003-04-29 15:53, KenshinO5O wrote:
My FOmar is just plain weird...
He can kill a booma in one hard attack with a Brand and must use 2 zonde to kill it...
Well another weird thing is that my FOmar's attack beats his MST by like 100...
Well anyone else have a FOmar like mine?
(I don't want to be the only one!)

Well, if you're killing boomas you might have better luck using foie rather than zonde. Just a tip! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

My FOmar started as a secondary character, but he's starting to become my primary character replacing my RAmarl. FOmars are just damn fun to play! Stat-wise they're not really the best at anything, but in some ways it's nice to have a character that's a jack-of-all-trades.

Besides, the "dresses" not withstanding, FOmars bleed style! Their unarmed attack looks like some kind of funky Dim Mak technique, and they have the coolest twin sword animation sequence in the game IMHO.

Neverwinter
May 3, 2003, 06:53 AM
FOmars are cool wooand yay if u dont like em that is fine with me, soz bout calling sean smelly

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Neverwinter on 2003-05-09 03:04 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
May 3, 2003, 07:30 AM
I wuv my FOmars. They're fun to play as, and they look cool. Kind of similar to HUmars in a way, what with the jack of all trades, master of none thing they have going, but in reverse. Sometimes I'll twink 'em and play them like Hunters, sometimes I'll leave them be and play them like a Force.
And anyone meleeing and getting an arsebeating isn't meleeing right. I've taken out an entire room with an untwinked L2 FOmar before having to resort to melee attacks when I ran out of fluids. It just takes knowing what you're doing- Normal-Hard combo, run away, regroup, Normal-Heavy combo, repeat until it's a nice little bloodstain. Of course, 69 levels of being a HUmar teaches you a thing or two about fighting at close range. ^_-;;;
I'm so boring, though. Both my FOmars have the same hairstyle(Waist-length with a relatively un-stupid hat). And the default face. Although they look completely different, as one is max height, has dark brown hair and the red costume from the first row, and the second one is almost chibi, has golden blonde hair, and the white costume from the second row(And therefore looks annoyingly similar to the NPC FOmar from that one quest, but that was unintentional. He matches my FOnewearl. But yeah. I wuv my FOmars. Especially since they're the least goofy-looking Force. FOmarls have those idiotic-looking dresses, FOnewms just look... Wrong, and FOnewearls have all the facepaint and clown hats and weird outfits. FOmars have nice sane robes. ...Even if some of the hats are stupid and some of the robes look a lot like dresses. >_>;

MadCowChuck_
May 3, 2003, 10:54 AM
On 2003-05-03 04:53, Neverwinter wrote:
SeanX930 smells (cough, loser) FOmars are cool wooand yay

Heh he heh! HEH HEH HEH! Oh....hahahahaha! HAHAHA! No.

Anyway, I find many FOmars on PSO (in Ultimate) to be incoherent in the ways of the FOmar.

They either: a)Go around only blasting things with a psycho wand and doing 5 damage to everything, or b) Not J/Z/S/Ding the party & monsters, and doing 5 damage with a saber. And dying. A lot.

FOmars are nowhere near a beginner character. They require much skill, much determination, and usually a good bit o' twinking.

However, it cannot be denied that the hit the Ultimate wall pretty damn hard. Their meleeing skills are cut down drastically in the difficulty, their spells are resisted a good bit more, and their accuracy is just plain crap most times. Factor in that they have nowhere as much TP as newmen, and a good bit less HP than FOmarls, and they will get their ass kicked if they don't do things right. Which, like I stated, most FOmars are in the league of following: Not doing things right.

As far as I'm concerned, Sean is quite learned in the Zen of FOmar. I agree with some points of his from my own FOmar (though a much lower level) and experiences from other FOmars. It is valid to say many FOmars are not good at online for offensive purposes.

So, like some of you all, I agree that the person makes the character good here. However, their balanced stats tend to make them less effective in everything. It takes mucho skill and time to truly make a FOmar good.

My two pesos.

Robantifast
May 3, 2003, 02:34 PM
Ok, no one has mentioned this yet:

FOmarl's max MST: 1284 (Grants x 1.5 damage and Resta/S/D/Anti 2x Range)
FOmar's max MST: 1340 (Gi- and Grants x 1.3 damage S/D 2x Range)

So it appears that as an offensive spellcaster, FOmars are indeed better than FOmarls. They have a small amount more MST and a Gi- spell boost.

With that said, I do agree that FOmars suck comparitively in everything.

Melee: play a Hunter, the FOmar's HP and DEF are too low to be taking such a beating and their ATA is terrible, so you won't hit anything past V-Hard mines
Spells: play a newman FO, the FOnewearl has 410 more MST maxed plus insane simple tech damage and the FOnewm has the same boosts minus the grants boost plus RA tech bonus
Support: FOmarl, she gets a Resta and Anti boost along with Shifta and Deband
Guns: Rangers, FOmar has terrible ATA, need I say more?

Now, there is a reason why FOmars can actually be good. They require skill because you must blend everything. You better find a nice melee weapon, some insane armor, and some HP and Arm units if you're gonna play a FOmar, because you need all of them. Picture this: a FOmar and three HUmars are going through the Ruins. Suddenly, a pack of Arlans and a Bringer pops up. The FOmar immediately blasts off about a couple of Gifoie Spells to stun the arlans, then runs through a hole in the arlans' formation to dodge the Bringer's charge. He Jellen and Zalures the entire Arlan formation, hopefully getting the Bringer too. He blasts more Gifoie, to help the meleeing HUmars, and since Gifoie is so slow, he moves in with his nice saber/some kind of melee weapon and begins to help out with the melee before recasting, making sure to keep his high level S/D, J/Z and Resta going, and making sure to keep Gifoie waves going to stun/damage the approaching Arlans. When the Bringer gets close, a couple more Gifoies and J/Z are in order while one of the HUmars batters it to bits with his weapon.
Now that's how I picture a FOmar being effective. Sure the damage sucks in both areas, but add it up and you get powerful support. Solo is hard I'm sure, because I've tried it and quit because I wanted a better FO, but if you play online enough, eventually you will have plenty of MST to get through offline stuff.
So in short, FOmars do suck, but there is a correct way to play them so you don't suck quite as bad. You just have to think a bit.

Logical2u
May 3, 2003, 03:51 PM
Fomars are cool cuz they can cast Jellen and Zalure, and Shifta and deband...

And grants...

Robomonke
May 3, 2003, 06:06 PM
On 2003-05-03 04:53, Neverwinter wrote:
SeanX930 smells (cough, loser) FOmars are cool wooand yay

Sean had a 150 FOmar i played with him a few times. Hes not a loser and I'm sure knows more about FOmars than someone who just picked up thre game and is only on 38 with his FOmar, like you. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif

Robomonke
May 3, 2003, 06:07 PM
On 2003-05-03 13:51, Logical2u wrote:
Fomars are cool cuz they can cast Jellen and Zalure, and Shifta and deband...

And grants...

Every force class can...

MasterForce
May 3, 2003, 08:08 PM
Fomars are the best even if they do wear a dress

Neverwinter
May 4, 2003, 02:25 AM
Look ppl do NOT bring FOmars down cause they are cool IN MY OPINION so get over stating why they are not good and just talk. if u wanted to critisize look for my 'poll: which is the best class.'

silvermax
May 4, 2003, 03:04 AM
watching someone play a Fomar, you know instanly if there inexperience at the game, my sister, made a fomr simply for his looks.. i tryed to explain why she shouldnt go with him, but meh she never listeneds to me, so shes goten him to lvl 23, in norm mines, i think she's done http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
she never uses her S/D/J/Z.... never helps herself with her techs, just wacks everything with a brand, or a pole..... i hate to see what she'll do agianst vol opt

i prefer my little newearl, shes lvl 37, and pretty much i just blast simple techs at everything for one hit kills, and swiching between red,yellow,& blue merges, gives me a little extra punch for my other techs

Chernabog
May 5, 2003, 01:17 PM
It sounds like many people dismiss FOmars because they can't just jump in and slaughter everything. My FOmar is now at lvl 85 and I have absolutely no problem holding my own in Ultimate.

Anybody who's willing to spend time actually playing the game will quickly figure out the best way to play a FOmar. Normal through Very Hard you can rely on a FOmar's attacks, but when you hit Ultimate just disarm everything (except maybe a fist of some kind) and use Techs.

I don't know what other people are complaining about; I haven't had a problem. People just have to learn to change strategies. Too many seem to think that you should only play a character one way and be able to win every time, but I think that's just an immature way of looking at things. Are FOmars the easiest to play? No, but I wouldn't want to play a character if it was too easy anyway.

NodMan
May 5, 2003, 01:34 PM
On 2003-04-27 07:16, Ness wrote:

I agree if you want a Force make a FOnewm!

wizkid357
May 5, 2003, 05:14 PM
My Fomar`s above the level it`s soupposed to be in hard!

NodMan
May 6, 2003, 12:22 PM
On 2003-05-05 11:17, Chernabog wrote:
It sounds like many people dismiss FOmars because they can't just jump in and slaughter everything. My FOmar is now at lvl 85 and I have absolutely no problem holding my own in Ultimate.

Anybody who's willing to spend time actually playing the game will quickly figure out the best way to play a FOmar. Normal through Very Hard you can rely on a FOmar's attacks, but when you hit Ultimate just disarm everything (except maybe a fist of some kind) and use Techs.

I don't know what other people are complaining about; I haven't had a problem. People just have to learn to change strategies. Too many seem to think that you should only play a character one way and be able to win every time, but I think that's just an immature way of looking at things. Are FOmars the easiest to play? No, but I wouldn't want to play a character if it was too easy anyway.

Well my FOnewm has been in Ultimate Seabed ever since LV85 you probly still play in Episode 1 lame!

Chernabog
May 6, 2003, 03:01 PM
On 2003-05-06 10:22, NodMan wrote:

Well my FOnewm has been in Ultimate Seabed ever since LV85 you probly still play in Episode 1 lame!

Well I'm very proud of you, though I don't see why I should care. True, I haven't beaten Ultimate episode 1 yet, but I actually attribute that to time more than anything else. I really don't see what's "lame" about it, either. I'm not in a race with other people to beat Ulti-DF or OF; if I were more of a stat freak maybe I would be.

My point is that, whenever I play with anyone else (even in Ulti-Seabed), I don't die every four seconds. I don't need high stats to play smart and not jump into a fatal situation in which everybody has to revive my poor carcass. I suspect that's exactly what you do, since you seem to place such a high value on being ahead of other players. If that's the way you like to play, then that's fine. It's all good with me. I guess FOmars are just for players who have more patience.