PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Unlocking more Stages

leelustig
May 6, 2016, 06:06 PM
Hey guys,
So I've been playing PSO2 for a few days now, and I've unlocked the Forest, Caves, Desert, and Beach stages. How do I progress further from here? I have beaten all the missions and fought the mini-bosses at the end of each one. I've done all the tutorial missions and also the Dark Falz boss missions. Not sure if those count towards anything in single-player mode, though. I've seen the 'bumped' guide and it is of no help really.

Anybody know how to get past these 4 worlds? I can't wait to see what other stages this game has to offer.

Kondibon
May 6, 2016, 09:01 PM
Do coffee's client orders. I think you also need to get far enough in the episode 4 story to unlock tokyo (which isn't far).

leelustig
May 7, 2016, 02:13 AM
Do coffee's client orders. I think you also need to get far enough in the episode 4 story to unlock tokyo (which isn't far).
I don't exactly know what that entails. I'm playing the Japanese version so I don't fully understand the Coffee quest requirements. But I've beaten all the levels with S-rank a number of times and made sure to select and enable all of Coffee's quests. I don't really understand what I'm missing...

NoobSpectre
May 7, 2016, 02:30 AM
usually, you need to do a new area survey, which is in ARKS Quest (2nd one counting from top from quest counter?) then Cofy will contact you for new client orders.

Then, there will be more ARKS Quest unlocked of the same area, the next Cofy CO is you are required to finish those in certain amount of time while killing the species over there (Natives for Forest, Dragonkin for Volcano etc.) to get a specific item drop (usually 2).

Then new CO for Cofy is to finish that area in free exploration so that new area survey can be unlocked for you to do. Rinse and repeat.

Oh anyway that only works for EP1 and EP2 and maybe EP3 maps

leelustig
May 7, 2016, 02:56 AM
Well, never mind. I just figured it out.

To ADVANCE THE STORY MODE AND UNLOCK LEVELS!!!!!
You go upstairs and talk to the robot girl, and play the little cutscene movies from her menu.

I am beyond disappointed in the lack of coverage this game has on the internet. There is no good guide for just simply how to play the game and advance in the story mode and I find that very strange.

Everyone just keeps saying 'talk to Coffee. Thats it.' Well real helpful, guys. Don't you think I knew that if I unlocked these 4 levels? I'm sorry if this comes of harsh but honestly I have never once seen anyone mention the information I mentioned above, which is that you must TALK TO THE ROBOT GIRL AND ADVANCE WITH THE LITTLE CUTSCENES. I'm saying it twice so people read this and don't fall into the pit of the lack of help this game has online. Kinda disappointing.

Qualia
May 7, 2016, 03:53 AM
I think you also need to get far enough in the episode 4 story to unlock tokyo (which isn't far).

I'm sorry if this comes of harsh but honestly I have never once seen anyone mention the information I mentioned above, which is that you must TALK TO THE ROBOT GIRL AND ADVANCE WITH THE LITTLE CUTSCENES.

I mean..

It doesn't require any knowledge in Japanese to realize that cutscenes and story go hand in hand.

Edit: For future reference (http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-guide-list/)

leelustig
May 7, 2016, 01:49 PM
I mean..

It doesn't require any knowledge in Japanese to realize that cutscenes and story go hand in hand.

Edit: For future reference (http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-guide-list/)
Um. Yes it does...? How can you even say that? They sure as hell don't explain it in english! And again, NOBODY has ever mentioned that you need to MANUALLY unlock and and view the cutscenes. Can't just assume that everybody knows to do that, especially when she's all the way upstairs and no where near the quest counter. Excuse me for not figuring that out in Japanese.

Edit: I have used that guide you posted, and surveyed basically the entire site and what a surprise! NO MENTION OF THE ROBOT GIRL. Also, that site doesn't really help that much because they've only translated the basic menus and NONE of the sub menus, which are 75% of the game.

Edit 2: And by the way, what in the world is with these cutscenes!? How many of these things are there? I have gotten through almost 40 of them and it doesn't seem to be slowing down any time soon...So far this is definitely the weakest part of the game, and surely something I can do without. I just can't believe how many of them they are. It's pretty excessive.

Edit 3: This is insane! Honestly, how many of these things are there? I've been sitting here for over an hour just skipping these stupid things. If I was actually sitting through and listening to all of these I would NEVER FINISH! Good lord. Is there really a need for all of this? What in the world were they smoking? Do they think this is fun?

Edit 4: How do I unlock levels after Tokyo? I've gotten through ALL of the cutscenes now (I'm up to 51c), I have every Coffee mission enabled, I've beaten every level on S-rank, I have every quest item in my inventory currently. What am I missing now?

nguuuquaaa
May 7, 2016, 04:06 PM
Just to make sure, you aren't using Tweaker right?

And by robot girl, you mean this?
[spoiler-box]http://www.bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Interact-with-Xiera.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Qualia
May 7, 2016, 04:47 PM
Um. Yes it does...? How can you even say that? They sure as hell don't explain it in english! And again, NOBODY has ever mentioned that you need to MANUALLY unlock and and view the cutscenes. Can't just assume that everybody knows to do that, especially when she's all the way upstairs and no where near the quest counter. Excuse me for not figuring that out in Japanese.

Edit: I have used that guide you posted, and surveyed basically the entire site and what a surprise! NO MENTION OF THE ROBOT GIRL. Also, that site doesn't really help that much because they've only translated the basic menus and NONE of the sub menus, which are 75% of the game.

Edit 4: How do I unlock levels after Tokyo? I've gotten through ALL of the cutscenes now (I'm up to 51c), I have every Coffee mission enabled, I've beaten every level on S-rank, I have every quest item in my inventory currently. What am I missing now?

This (http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-guide-unlocking-quests-with-client-orders/) explains literally everything in plain English for you. If you can't figure this out, you obviously aren't trying.

Saffran
May 7, 2016, 05:16 PM
The thing is, since the game launched on PS4 (so like, two weeks ago?) it was probably changed around a lot.

All the guides were written for the PC, specifically during the Ep 1-2-3 era.
If you log in on the PC version, you have to choose between "ep1-2-3 mode" and "ep4 mode". Depending on which one you choose, the story progression and stage unlocking processes will change.
I have everything unlocked since their respective day one so I have no idea how things are right now for Episode 4.

That's why you may find a lot of guides that might not be helpful to you specifically.

Qualia
May 7, 2016, 05:51 PM
Except the bumped guides are updated for episode 4, and even include outdated guides in a separate section.

Saffran
May 7, 2016, 07:57 PM
They are? (I didn't look them up, I just assumed the changes were too recent for that)
Well then, if the person read them, surely there wouldn't be any troubles left?

Qualia
May 7, 2016, 08:04 PM
Yup, so obviously they didn't.

leelustig
May 8, 2016, 12:33 AM
This (http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-guide-unlocking-quests-with-client-orders/) explains literally everything in plain English for you. If you can't figure this out, you obviously aren't trying.

Oh really? Did you read the link you just posted? It doesn't mention ANYTHING about what I'm asking. I need more details than this site offers. And I've said numerous times that I've read this exact guide and have been sent this link many times. It is VERY VAGUE. Thanks for your shitty attitude though. Very helpful.

Read the link you send before you shove it in my face for the hundredth time I've seen it and give me a shit attitude. The site only tells you to talk to Coffee over and over again and 'complete the quests'. No shit but there is more to it than that. That clearly isn't all there is to it, because if it was I wouldn't be asking this question at all. There are items that need to be collected, and different requirements for every quest and none of that is discussed here. Where is the mention of the beach level? or the desert? This isn't a guide, just a vague overview. It's incomplete shit.

And if I wasn't 'trying' as you put it, I don't think I would have been able to play the Japanese version of this game on my PS4 in the first place. That wasn't exactly a piece of cake. And to get as far as I have now. Is that 'not trying?' You try to help me but then give me an unnecessary condescending bullshit attitude. I don't get your reasoning.

Basically, I need more information about how to progress through the quests. If you don't have it, then just say so. Don't give me this vague incomplete website for the hundredth time, and your dogshit attitude. Thanks.

And to the poster with the unintelligible name, no I am not using Tweaker, this is the PS4 version. And yes, that is the 'robot girl' in question.

leelustig
May 8, 2016, 01:14 AM
Yup, so obviously they didn't.

Obviously YOU didn't, or you'd realize they're massively incomplete and vague. Don't jump to judgment before you know what the hell you're talking about.

Qualia
May 8, 2016, 01:40 AM
Lmao there's literally a link on that page that takes you to all of Koffie's client orders and the requirements. Obviously you aren't looking hard enough.

Perfect Chaos
May 8, 2016, 02:03 AM
You know... When someone asks for help, acting like a jerk to those trying to help isn't the best course of action...

leelustig
May 8, 2016, 02:53 AM
Lmao there's literally a link on that page that takes you to all of Koffie's client orders and the requirements. Obviously you aren't looking hard enough.

OK. Gotchya

Qualia
May 8, 2016, 03:08 AM
Where is that? I admit, I'm an idiot because I honestly do not see that.
From the "PSO2 Guide: Unlocking Quests with Client Orders" that I linked earlier, scroll down to the "Koffie's Other Client Orders" drop down -> "View Entire List" blue button takes you to this (http://www.bumped.org/psublog/character-file-koffie/) page which lists all her client orders and what the objectives are.

leelustig
May 8, 2016, 03:10 AM
From the "PSO2 Guide: Unlocking Quests with Client Orders" that I linked earlier, scroll down to the "Koffie's Other Client Orders" drop down -> "View Entire List" blue button takes you to this (http://www.bumped.org/psublog/character-file-koffie/) page which lists all her client orders and what the objectives are.

Thanks man.