PDA

View Full Version : Falz: The Beginning Chapter 1

noob-of-fury
Apr 26, 2003, 04:22 PM
The pair was walking down a busy corridor at the local marketplace talking back and forth about the creation of the hunters guild. It was a real lifesaver for them. Before it's foundation they had to search the land for jobs. That was when the hunters were called wanderers.

"Hey, hold on for a second Ky... It's a mission call," said Falz with a sudden lack of emotion.

"What is it this time? Nel's cat get abducted again," asked an angered Ky, it was his vacation.

"Not much info on it but Nel placed the call. Strange, it says that there has been a struggle. That's real strange, we haven't had a combcat call since we were wanderers," muttered Falz.

"Yeah... wierd," echoed Ky.

Falz walked to the nearest comstation to ready the rest of the team, they were finally gonna see some action.

"Hunters Guild, Dew speaking," said the new guild secretary.

"Yeah, this is Falz. Assemble my team now, tell them to meet at the bar in district B. Got that?

"Yes sir, they'll be there shortly. Happy hunting Falz."

Falz closed the connection and walked back over to Ky. Ky already knew the standard meeting place so he didn't need to be told. What Ky didn't know was that Falz had a really bad feeling about this mission. A feeling he hadn't had in years. They walked a ways down a few corridors to the bar where the meeting was supposed to take place. Their team members were running way late.

Three drinks later...

"I'll take a Darva," said a tired and frustrated Ky.

"Make mine a Gotters Gutt... make that a double," said Falz.

"Falz... something really urks you about this job huh? Last time I saw you like this all hell broke loose. Now is this a similiar feeling or are you just angry that the rest of our team is friggin two hours late," Ky said as he continued to grow more irate and irrational.

Falz just sat there and waited for thei latest drink orders to come. When they arrived Falz sat there while Ky began sipping at his latest order. Flaz just looked at the mug for a few minutes before he picked it up and downed it all in a matter of seconds.

"Ky, it's the same feeling. I think this mission is going to be like that mission," said Falz who was beginning to look depressed.

"Don't worry too much about it. We've never fumbled a job," said Ky obviously trying to comfort Falz.

"This is different... something is going to happen on a larger scale than last time. This mission gives me the creeps," said Falz in the closest to a normal tone he could conjure.

Ky turned from Falz and stared at his glass, mostly full. He looked at it for a mere second before downing the rest of it. No sooner than he put his glass down did their partners arrive.

"Welcome to the land of crap kiddies! Get yourselves something to drink and make it strong cause we have a doozy for ya," shouted Ky to Naomi And Den.

"What's going on? This can't be that bad of a mission," said Den.

"Not the mission per se, but the situation and feel of it. Falz also had his 'feeling' about it. So what are you waiting for? Drink damn you," commanded Ky as he threw back another drink.

"Falz, are you sure it's THE feeling?"

"Yeah Den... it is," replied Falz.

"What are you guys talking about," inquired Naomi.

"It's best to leave the subject alone Naomi," Den snapped back.

They all sat there with their drinks for hours. When they finally began to get ready to go back to their homes Naomi stopped Falz. She just had to know what was so bad about this 'feeling' that Falz has.

"Naomi, I know that you're new to my squad and are still pretty young, but some things are just better left alone," said Falz who was slightly inebriated.

"Dammit Falz, tell me what's going on!"

"Fine. Just remember, you wanted to know."

Falz and Naomi walked over to a table that was open in the back of a bar. Falz ordered them some more drinks and then began his story.

"Eight years ago Den, Ky, me and six others were on a job. The job just had this bad feeling about it, like it was a prank call or something. Just didn't seem legit. We were all under th impression that it was a fake and it turned out that it wasn't. We encountered very heavy resistance at a warehouse that we were sent to investigate. That was the normal part.

"After dispatching all of the resistance we continued with our investigation. After searching most of th warehouse we found a door hidden underneath some boxes, that's when I got the feeling. I warned everyone to turn on their barriers but only Den, Ky and I did... little help it did. Well, we opened the door and decended close to six stories before we came to an average sized hall. We found lots of blood and a man who was bound to an uppright operating table.

"He was trying to warn us... he tried to warn us to leave. We stayed and tried to rescue him. Since we were trying to unbind him we never saw it coming. I woke up in that same room and noticed that five of my men were missing. Ky was close to me so I woke him and told him to wake up Den and Jai. While he was waking them up I walked ahead to the front of the room, where we entered. There were the rest of my men, all disembowled lying in their own blood. That was the fastest we ever climbed stairs.

"Once we reached the surface we cam to face the thing that did that to them. Some seventeen foot tall behemoth who looked pretty damned hungry. We all ran towards the door but it cut us off and split Jai in two. he then proceeded to corner us. We only had one chance... I used the Sparta Cannon technique. It decimated everything, most of the warehouse was gone and lucky so was the creature.

"When we finally reported back to our client he told us we were missing for a month and a half. We didn't take any jobs for around six months," finished Falz.

"Oh my god, do you think that will happen again," Naomi asked.

"I don't think so... go home and get some rest. We start early tomarrow."

So how's it sound so far? If you like it I'll put up chapter 2 next week.

Night_Shadow
Apr 26, 2003, 05:47 PM
"Whoa" -- Neo. That's awesome!

blazeking240
Apr 26, 2003, 06:40 PM
awsome tottaly awsome

noob-of-fury
Apr 28, 2003, 01:39 AM
I'm glad that this was well recieved, I guess I'll put ch2 up a little sooner than I planned... it's not as good as 1 but it leads into 3.

CakeMan
Apr 28, 2003, 08:40 PM
not bad!