PDA

View Full Version : Waaah! My Slimes Won't Split!

Droxitr
Apr 26, 2003, 07:05 PM
I dunno if I'm doing something wrong, but just today I missed a slime FIVE times in a row... when people say that you have to hit it with the third in a combo, do they mean miss-miss-hit? I can only get it to wobble with little circles coming out. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Vanango
Apr 26, 2003, 07:19 PM
you don't have to miss, you just have to hit it on your third combo... barta works as well but it looks like you're a mech... do freeze traps work?

Hmm...

CrazyJ
Apr 26, 2003, 07:24 PM
Yeah you have to miss miss hit.

The easiest way to do this is to either:

1. Use your Special Attack twice (most likely to miss) followed by a normal hit.

2. Predict the spot where the slime will end up and start your shooting before he gets there. By this I mean shoot twice before he springs up and the third hit will split him.

The second method takes better timing and patience.

Also if you have a character that can use Techniques then try using Rabarta to split the slimes.

Vanango
Apr 27, 2003, 09:48 AM
On 2003-04-26 17:24, CrazyJ wrote:
Yeah you have to miss miss hit.

The easiest way to do this is to either:

1. Use your Special Attack twice (most likely to miss) followed by a normal hit.

2. Predict the spot where the slime will end up and start your shooting before he gets there. By this I mean shoot twice before he springs up and the third hit will split him.

The second method takes better timing and patience.

Also if you have a character that can use Techniques then try using Rabarta to split the slimes.

maybe you just have to miss once...

zimmk2vgc
Apr 27, 2003, 02:35 PM
It is definitely miss miss hit.

Davion
Apr 27, 2003, 02:58 PM
You don't need to miss at all. I time it so I only ever hit the slime on the 3rd hit of a combo.

IceBlink
Apr 27, 2003, 03:55 PM
just find a varista or some ???? handgun, and don't tek it. Use the special function. Since the special is untekked, it doesn't allow you to hit anything with it, and so, you'll miss easily.

kidterru
Apr 28, 2003, 04:30 AM
best way to go is with an untekked special wep. Just use the special twice then a normal hit and the slime is sure to split.