PDA

View Full Version : Help a newbie trying to be a good Force^^

akuma2002
May 18, 2016, 05:04 AM
Hello!

I'm quite new to PSO2, i started playing when the game got released on PS4. Currently i'm a female newman, FO/TE level 42/36. Seems like i can't post urls here since my post count is too low, i'll write them in plain text, sorry if it's a pain to read.

Force tree:
Technique Up 1 Lvl 3
Technique High Up Lvl Max
Element Conversion Lvl Max
Charge Escape Lvl Max
Charge PP Revival Lvl Max
Tech Charge Advance 1 Lvl Max
Tech Charge Advance 2 Lvl 5
Photon Flare Lvl 4
Photon Flare After Burst Lvl Max
Flame Mastery 1 Lvl Max
Flame Tech S Charge Lvl 2

Techer Tree
Technique Up 1 Lvl 3
Technique Up 2 Lvl 3
Long-time Assist Lvl Max
Wand Gear Lvl Max
PP Restorate Lvl Max
Wand Lovers Lvl 1
PP Convert Lvl 5
Territory Burst, Super Treatment and Wide Support Lvl Max
Territory PP Save Lvl 1
Light Mastery 1 Lvl 2
Dark Mastery 1 Lvl 2
Element Weak Hit Lvl 4

I don't think my character is bad. But i've done many EQ's, and it seems i'm very slow to do good dps compared to other classes. By the time i've finished charging a tech, those fighters, bouncers, etc... have already wiped put many of the mobs. And i don't want to end being a pure support only using Resta, Shifta and Deband. Maybe i'm doing something wrong.

1. Which weapons should i try to get? I plan to main fire, dark and light (okay, not original) and possibly rods since i don't like how Talis work.
2. How does the crafted tech work? Do they overwrite the current tech you possess? In that case, if you then find a higher level of that techn you're forced to re-craft?
3. Is it possible to find tech disks higher than level 10 in player shops? Most of the techs i own are level 10, but i've just seen the max level is 16...
4. I invested 5 points in Photon Flare and Foton Flare After Burst. Was it a good idea? Not sure it does really help me in battle...
5. My units are a full Hiei Set. Good choice or should i try getting something else?
6. Is it worth spending meseta in player shops to get 50 foton spheres to buy Fomelgion or is it too soon for me?

I think that's all for now, thanks in advance for your answes and advices :)

Dammy
May 18, 2016, 05:33 AM
1) i'm not sure about this one on low lvls ( i've levelled force like 3-4 years ago) , but i think you just need more atk , potentials doesnt really matter until 11*+
2)dont worry about that one , you can use high lv disks and it gets updated
3)no , you have to find them yourself
4)im not a fan of those skills either , could work on low lvls , because its static number , but when you have like 4000 atk it doesnt really matter
5)its okay if you have matterboard one , just craft it to raise defences
6)its not really needed on those levels , i would wait tbh. but if you can afford it, why not

btw , look at force thread for more info , especially crafted techs, you really need those

Perfect Chaos
May 18, 2016, 05:55 AM
Don't bother with Wand skills. A FO/TE shouldn't be using Wands as it'll do pitiful damage.
Also, get rid of Long-Time Assist and Wide Support, since those only take effect when your main class is TE. And don't bother with T-ATK Up 2 until the very end, since there are much better things to gain early on from skill points at the beginning. The first point alone in each element mastery skill is 5%, which is really useful (and prerequisite for Mastery 2 skills on the TE tree is only 2 points in Mastery 1). You should also focus on maxing Element Weak Hit and PP Convert early, as well.
As for Photon Flare, I used to use it, but have since abandoned it. As for leveling, I think it's better to max out Tech Charge Advance and (in your case) the fire-related skills as soon as possible, so not investing in Photon Flare can let you max those sooner.

akuma2002
May 18, 2016, 07:34 AM
I also forgot to ask:
- Is there a tech or a specific moment when it's best to spam uncharged than waiting for full charge?
- How does Il Barta exactly work? I've read you can pretty much kill any boss if you can chain it 7 times, but is it 7x charged?

Selphea
May 18, 2016, 09:00 AM
Skill Sim Link of the OP's build for convenience. Just use Goo.gl or Bit.ly next time: http://goo.gl/uI94Jw

And I hate to break it to you but your character is indeed pretty bad at this point You fell into the classic newbie trap of going for ATK skills first when they give so little damage that they should be taken last. You also went for Photon Flare which a Fire Fo/Te has no SPs to spare for.

Right now, compared to an optimized Fire + Talis build, you'll hit for about 60-70% the damage while taking almost twice as long to charge Fire techs. If you're wondering why your character feels weak, that's why.

By endgame, you will not have enough SPs for all Fire Fo/Te essentials like full Flame Mastery + Flame S Charge, Talis Tech Bonus, Tech JA Advance, both Tech Charge Advance skills and 1pt Rare Mastery. You'll need to drop Rare Mastery and one of the 1% skills. Use a skill reset if you can.

IMO, Charge PP Revival -> Ele Conv -> Flame Mastery 1 -> Flame Mastery 2 -> Flame S Charge -> Talis Tech -> 1% per point skills -> Everything else for Fo tree.

Learn to throw a Talis, Zondeel and Gifoie for mobs. It's almost derp-proof considering the huge AoE on Territory Burst Zondeel.

For Fire, you don't really need to do uncharged, because you have Flame Tech S Charge.

Ilbarta you cast 7 times. The 7th cast has an 8x multiplier to the Tech's Power. Trouble is, 8x doesn't mean much if your Element Weak Hit is only 4%, you have no Ice masteries and you can't stack it with a Talis Throw Bonus

Also, can you screenshot your weapon?

Loveless62
May 18, 2016, 09:52 AM
Another point to consider: some of the players you are encountering in EQs are probably experienced players that are leveling up a new class or leveling up an alt. They will often have their subclass at level 75, have endgame gear and have class stats bonuses for classes they have already maxed. I've seen players around your level with Austere weapons equipped, which is the best class of all weapons currently available at any level. As a truly new player, you will not be able to compete with them in EQs, so try not to worry about it too much.

akuma2002
May 18, 2016, 10:42 AM
Selphea > Well, i purchased new skill trees for both FO and TE, and removed Photon Flare. I invested those points into Flame Mastery 2 and Flame S charge. About Talis, the Talis Bonus is only applied if i use the normal throw then cast my tech right? So isn't that slower than casting immediately from a rod? Also isn't the Tech JA bonus available if you never use your rod to attack? Maybe i missed something during the tutorial, but it seems i can only JA if i first use a normal rod attack, then when the circle is red, i cast my tech.

I'm already using Zondeel -> Gifoie. Pretty much all the time. Need to get Fierce Zondeel Lvl 3 and Concentrated Gifoie lvl 3. But i'm low on money and dunno how to get PA fragment efficiently otherwise.

I also maxed Element weak hit, my 7th doing 25K damage to the boss from the volcano area, not sure it's great but better than before. Here is a link to my current weapon. I know it's not good, not even fire or dark, but couldn't find any better... imgur.com/6FN153Z Don't look at my weapon palettes, i changed them since then.

Loveless62 > You're right, one of my friends was level 63/62, guess i can't compete but i expected to kill more mobs though^^

Dammy
May 18, 2016, 11:01 AM
sorry to say that, but your weapon is horrible
for example , you can buy any cheap weapon with 90-100+ atk affixes and craft it , grind it to +10 too, until you find something better
also , you can JA tech into tech

akuma2002
May 18, 2016, 11:08 AM
By atk affixes, you mean the effects some weapons have, and that you can check in the 3rd tab of the weapon description?

Ah, didn't know i could JA a tech into another tech. Should try mastering that^^;

TehCubey
May 18, 2016, 02:49 PM
It's not the affix part that is important, though generally the better affixes (read: more atk) the better.

The most important part is to have a weapon grinded to +10. Also if it's below 10*, it's rubbish unless crafted. Almost all 10*s and many 11*s are rubbish as well but that depends on individual potentials.

The best pre-10* to craft is actually a red rod, due to its pot (the one that requires photon boosters). Also you want 50 element due to elemental conversion. That's what element grinding is for.

akuma2002
May 18, 2016, 03:17 PM
I see. Well so far i'm really unlucky, i got 2 level 10 weapons, but 2 swords. And i can't even exchange them for a 10* ticket because i'm not premium. I have to say, a free game is nice but blocking basic interactions like that, seriously Sega... ;)

Selphea
May 18, 2016, 03:20 PM
I wouldn't craft a Red at this point.

Search the player shops for a Fire element Garland NT (ガーランド-NT). Feed it more Garland NTs till it hits 50% attribute, feed it a buncha other weapons until +30 and roll with that.

Once you get a Nox Rod NT, you can then feed the Garland into that.

Flaoc
May 18, 2016, 03:29 PM
forget the nox rod just work on getting revolucio rod once able to (was it confirmed if the potential works with compounds)

Selphea
May 18, 2016, 03:31 PM
But you get the Nox Rod on the way to a Revo! And you need a +30 Nox Rod to feed into the Revo anyway.

akuma2002
May 18, 2016, 03:57 PM
I wouldn't craft a Red at this point.

Search the player shops for a Fire element Garland NT (ガーランド-NT). Feed it more Garland NTs till it hits 50% attribute, feed it a buncha other weapons until +30 and roll with that.

Once you get a Nox Rod NT, you can then feed the Garland into that.

Thanks for these infos :) The 50% is shown in the stats right? Is there any point of getting a Dark-oriented rod? Also, aside getting a better weapon and crafting techs, what should i do to become efficient?

Selphea
May 18, 2016, 03:59 PM
Yes it's shown in the stats. Build and weapon is most of it. After that is pure TATK Mag and pushing affixes as far as you can go.

Perfect Chaos
May 18, 2016, 04:57 PM
Is there any point of getting a Dark-oriented rod?Ideally, you'd want a weapon with the element (maxed of course) of the tech that you're using, since Element Conversion only gives half of the damage boost if your weapon element doesn't match your tech element.
As for a dark Rod specifically, Fomelgion actually has much more dark hits than fire hits, so using a dark Rod over a fire one (assuming same weapon potential) will usually net you more damage in most cases. A dark Rod is also useful for spamming Gi-Megid (with Concentrated 3 craft recipe).

akuma2002
May 18, 2016, 05:31 PM
Ideally, you'd want a weapon with the element (maxed of course) of the tech that you're using, since Element Conversion only gives half of the damage boost if your weapon element doesn't match your tech element.
As for a dark Rod specifically, Fomelgion actually has much more dark hits than fire hits, so using a dark Rod over a fire one (assuming same weapon potential) will usually net you more damage in most cases. A dark Rod is also useful for spamming Gi-Megid (with Concentrated 3 craft recipe).

I was indeed thinking of Fomelgion, i've seen a video and it looks awesome :) Guess i'm gonna try making two rods then^^

Great Pan
May 18, 2016, 07:01 PM
Use HU as a subclass.

Kappa

akuma2002
May 19, 2016, 12:51 PM
I got a Garland NT with fire element like mentioned. Then i made a search on new type weapons with the dark attribute, only found some Garland NT again. Isn't there any 9* NT weapon that's good with dark?

Selphea
May 19, 2016, 05:28 PM
If it ain't broke don't fix it. If your Fire Garland NT is working get a Dark one too.

akuma2002
May 20, 2016, 04:04 AM
Ok thanks. This is a bit misleading compared to other games that weapons here fan come with any attribute^^

Also, is there a way (with daily crafts for example) to get Tech PA fragment? I need more than one hundred to get my techs crafted and since they're at 5000 meseta each in players shops... And i'm low on money...
Same questions for the Foton Spheres. 15K each is a bit too much, i'd love to get Fomelgion as soon as possible. I think i need it more now than when i'll be level 75^^

Perfect Chaos
May 20, 2016, 05:51 AM
You get PA Fragment (T-ATK) by desynthesizing Technique and Jet Boots PA discs that are level 11 and above. Each give you 1 (lv 16 and 17 discs give you two) and a great success will triple the amount. You can get discs of these levels on VH difficulty and above.
As for Photon Sphere, you can get one for each 10* or 11* weapon that you recycle at the Recycle Shop. You can also trade in five 10* or five 11* units for 1 Photon Sphere, but in a lot of cases, it's not worth it (especially for 11* units). Items that are 10* and above become more common once you reach VH, as well.
All in all, a lot of the things in this game are centered around late/end game players, so access to such things for new players is scarce.

akuma2002
May 20, 2016, 06:00 AM
Ah damn, i was usually selling those disks^^; But anyway, getting the Foton spheres seem extremely tedious, guess i'm gonna spend time doing TA's from Clotho and dailies and then spend all my money to get the items i need^^

Perfect Chaos
May 20, 2016, 06:18 AM
You can't sell level 11+ discs. Unless you mean to the NPC Shop? If so, then that's very unfortunate.
The other way to get Photon Sphere, which is much more tedious (and the original way to obtain them), is to be in Episode 3 of the story and complete certain COs in Ultimate Quest, which was only available for lv70+ FO or TE. This is even more tedious for characters that were made after ep4 began.

Once you accumulate a good supply of Excubes (obtainable the same way as Photon Sphere, excluding unit recycling), you can get Rare Drop +250% with 6 Excubes. These help you get even more rare weapons to trade for more Excubes. When used during EQ, you'll pretty much always come out ahead on excubes. With this, you can easily get a surplus of weapons to get Photon Spheres if you can't afford to buy them. Just do EQ in general, though, and you'll be flooded in rare weapons, especially on SH+. Magatsu can easily net you over 100 rare weapons in a single session, but unfortunately, it's non-existent these days (since it's scheduled only).

akuma2002
May 20, 2016, 09:58 AM
I've done the Dark Falz Arms EQ two days ago with a friend. I got 6 excubes. But i didn't know it was possible to exchange level 10* at the recycle shop, thought that was limited to premium members. Guess i know what to do them with those i've stocked, sad i've only got 2...

Perfect Chaos
May 20, 2016, 10:04 AM
Falz Arm EQ is a bad EQ for excubes. It's really good for exp, though. It's mostly any EQ introduced from Magatsu onward that gives plenty of 10*+ weapons for Excubes/Photon Spheres, since Magatsu broke the Excube economy (some people in organized MPAs were able to get literally over 9000 Excubes in the span of a month) so SEGA had to fix it by making every EQ good for excubes to try to even the playing field.

akuma2002
May 20, 2016, 01:35 PM
I've yet to see those Magatsu EQ's. I've mainly participated in the Yamato EQ and the Tower defense which was quite epic :)

akuma2002
May 21, 2016, 04:39 AM
I have more questions:

1. How do you use Zanverse and Megiverse? Is there any reason to get these techs in your palettes when solo-ing?
2. Considering Anti with Super Treatment heals 25% of your HP and gives you better PP restoration for 30 seconds (dunno if this stacks with PP Restorate), doesn't that make it a better immediate healing spell? Efficient Anti lvl 3 + Territory PP save at max level makes it cost only 8PP right? (25-10 (great success of recipe) -7 (territory PP save level5))
3. How do you efficiently use PP Convert? Considering its 2 minutes cooldown, if i didn't kill the enemy during that 30 seconds effect, does that mean i'm doing things wrong?

Altiea
May 21, 2016, 06:50 AM
I have more questions:

1. How do you use Zanverse and Megiverse? Is there any reason to get these techs in your palettes when solo-ing?
2. Considering Anti with Super Treatment heals 25% of your HP and gives you better PP restoration for 30 seconds (dunno if this stacks with PP Restorate), doesn't that make it a better immediate healing spell? Efficient Anti lvl 3 + Territory PP save at max level makes it cost only 8PP right? (25-10 (great success of recipe) -7 (territory PP save level5))
3. How do you efficiently use PP Convert? Considering its 2 minutes cooldown, if i didn't kill the enemy during that 30 seconds effect, does that mean i'm doing things wrong?

1. Zanverse creates a field that applies an additional 20% Wind damage per attack that lands in its field. This is primarily used to spike DPS in big boss fights like Dark Falz. Megiverse works similarly, except it heals attackers for 25% of the damage they inflict in that field. It's used for survivability DPS, but it doesn't get used that often, I don't think.
2. The problem is that Anti is situational. Super Treatment will not proc unless it actually heals something, like someone's status condition. If used on a player unaffected by status, Anti has no effect, and thus Super Treatment doesn't either. (For the record, Super Treatment does stack with PP Restorate. Heal your own status, and you effectively get the regen rate of PP Convert with none of the downsides.)
3. I'm no PP Convert expert, so I'll let someone else explain that.

akuma2002
May 21, 2016, 07:01 AM
Oh right, i did forget Anti only works when you're affected by a status effect^^;

Petunia
May 21, 2016, 08:16 AM
Hello!

I'm quite new to PSO2, i started playing when the game got released on PS4. Currently i'm a female newman, FO/TE level 42/36. Seems like i can't post urls here since my post count is too low, i'll write them in plain text, sorry if it's a pain to read.

TEXTWALL

I don't think my character is bad. But i've done many EQ's, and it seems i'm very slow to do good dps compared to other classes. By the time i've finished charging a tech, those fighters, bouncers, etc... have already wiped put many of the mobs. And i don't want to end being a pure support only using Resta, Shifta and Deband. Maybe i'm doing something wrong.

1. Which weapons should i try to get? I plan to main fire, dark and light (okay, not original) and possibly rods since i don't like how Talis work.
2. How does the crafted tech work? Do they overwrite the current tech you possess? In that case, if you then find a higher level of that techn you're forced to re-craft?
3. Is it possible to find tech disks higher than level 10 in player shops? Most of the techs i own are level 10, but i've just seen the max level is 16...
4. I invested 5 points in Photon Flare and Foton Flare After Burst. Was it a good idea? Not sure it does really help me in battle...
5. My units are a full Hiei Set. Good choice or should i try getting something else?
6. Is it worth spending meseta in player shops to get 50 foton spheres to buy Fomelgion or is it too soon for me?

I think that's all for now, thanks in advance for your answes and advices :)

What's your Player ID Name? I've been maining Force from launch until just recently when I swapped to Su main. I can give you some tips in game n stuff.
c:

1. Reds. Red Wand and Red Talis will be your friends until you get something more final.
2. Yes, they overwrite the original Tech, but they still apply even if you upgrade the Tech to a higher level. So you don't need to worry about getting them to Lv17 before you Craft.
3. No, only Lv10 and lower can be sold in player shops. Any higher cannot be sold.
4. Not really, but it's down to preference. I never used Flare, I didn't have the SP for it
5. Hiei is good. Can explain more in-game, maybe even give you my old Hiei set with good affixes. c: You'll want to focus on an Ideal set, which is easy to get, or a Saiki set, which is pricey but well worth it.
6. No. You can get them for free. Unless they removed the COs from Ep3 Claris, which I doubt.

akuma2002
May 21, 2016, 09:16 AM
My ID is akuma2002, my character is スカーレット*スナイダー on Ship 2. I'm FO/TE level 45/40 now, thanks to all the EQ's i've done and the 15K exp tickets i get each day from PSO2es. After all the advices seen here, i've switched to a Garland NT. Currently +17, with fire at 50. I have a full Hiei Set i got for cheap but since i've never used affixes, it's probably weaker than the one you have.

Petunia
May 21, 2016, 02:54 PM
My ID is akuma2002, my character is スカーレット*スナイダー on Ship 2. I'm FO/TE level 45/40 now, thanks to all the EQ's i've done and the 15K exp tickets i get each day from PSO2es. After all the advices seen here, i've switched to a Garland NT. Currently +17, with fire at 50. I have a full Hiei Set i got for cheap but since i've never used affixes, it's probably weaker than the one you have.

Add you. Accept my friend request when you're online and I'll see what I can do to help. I might even have some spare weapons I might be able to give you.

akuma2002
May 21, 2016, 03:03 PM
Add you. Accept my friend request when you're online and I'll see what I can do to help. I might even have some spare weapons I might be able to give you.

Thanks! :) I'll play tomorrow in the afternoon (gmt+1 here) since i've been a bit busy with Valkyria Chronicles on PS4 today^^

Petunia
May 21, 2016, 03:06 PM
Thanks! :) I'll play tomorrow in the afternoon (gmt+1 here) since i've been a bit busy with Valkyria Chronicles on PS4 today^^

Same timezone as me I think. I can never remember if I'm gmt+0 or +1. I go by London time :v

akuma2002
May 21, 2016, 04:12 PM
Well if you live in London, it's gmt :)

Petunia
May 21, 2016, 05:16 PM
Well if you live in London, it's gmt :)

Yeah but things still get confusing since we do us daylight saving.

Altiea
May 21, 2016, 06:21 PM
Oh, by the way, if you plan on putting Zanverse to use, it's effect is boosted by Techer's Wind Mastery and relevant Wind Tech-boosting Potentials. Also, any damage dealt by its effect is attributed to you, which means bosses can get really, really upset at you if the bonus damage is high enough.

.razor.
May 21, 2016, 06:38 PM
fo/te fire, light or dark? wich is better and why?

Altiea
May 21, 2016, 06:47 PM
fo/te fire, light or dark? wich is better and why?

Light is a better general purpose element because Darkers. Dark boosts Fomelgion damage.

.razor.
May 21, 2016, 06:49 PM
Light is a better general purpose element because Darkers. Dark boosts Fomelgion damage.

thank you

any good light fo/te build (89/89)?

Petunia
May 21, 2016, 07:20 PM
thank you

any good light fo/te build (89/89)?

Depends.
The 2 main trees I use are as follows

Fire FO (http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/old/10/skillcalc.html?10fbxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIo 0jdodBIb000000000doIn0000000jdoib0000000fdo0000000 dBbsgAIN2SGBIk8cKIx00000ioInidfbnGAIbIkcKJIJ000000 fbIo0000000jdoIb0000000j)

Ice FO (http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/old/10/skillcalc.html?10fbxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIo 0jdodBIb000000000doIn0000000jdoib0000000fdo0000000 dBbsiN2SGB2XlkGAfdA00000ioInidfbnGAIbIkcKJIJ000000 fbIo0000000jdoIb0000000j)

They're far from perfect, imo, but they're what I use. Ice is for bossing, Fire is for mobbing.
I have an Electric tree too, but it was just to complete the eletriforce.
You might notice both FO trees have 5 points spare. Those 5 points go into Rod Shoot, but since the English skill sim doesn't have that I can't put them there. I don't really use Talis so for me those are wasted points, but a good FO is meant to use both. Rod Shoot is nice for when you're low on PP or just wanna do good damage without wasting PP. Once you get hold of a Queen Vera+40 you should be able to ignore the skill unless you want to be able to Rod smack things from a long range.
Talis weapon damage used to be the lowest until Summoner Takt, Rod Shoot on the other hand will have you doing up to 15k a JA on ele-weak mobs.

Use it as a rough guide on what you should take, but also take what you want. Just don't fall into the trap of taking anything that raises standard numbers until you have nothing else to take - Damage modifiers do more for you than stat increases.

.razor.
May 22, 2016, 03:16 AM
thanks!

what about technique customization?

Altiea
May 22, 2016, 03:31 AM
thanks!

what about technique customization?

It's always a good idea to get your Techs customized. You can squeeze more power out of them this way, and quite a few can either gain more utility or just simply become better overall.

Perfect Chaos
May 22, 2016, 07:28 AM
Depends.
The 2 main trees I use are as follows

Fire FO (http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/old/10/skillcalc.html?10fbxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIo 0jdodBIb000000000doIn0000000jdoib0000000fdo0000000 dBbsgAIN2SGBIk8cKIx00000ioInidfbnGAIbIkcKJIJ000000 fbIo0000000jdoIb0000000j)

Ice FO (http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/old/10/skillcalc.html?10fbxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIo 0jdodBIb000000000doIn0000000jdoib0000000fdo0000000 dBbsiN2SGB2XlkGAfdA00000ioInidfbnGAIbIkcKJIJ000000 fbIo0000000jdoIb0000000j)First of all, you're using an out-of-date simulator. But that's not too important. What's important that I need to mention is that Resta Advance is complete garbage, and no one should be putting a single point into it, let alone 5 into it. Crafted Resta for power nearly doubles its power so this is useless. I can pretty much heal to max HP with a single uncharged Resta without this, so yeah...
Also, due to this, you're missing out on the first point of Wind Mastery 2, which gives 5 whole percents to it. And not to mention the lost of Territory Burst, which is huge since the larger effect on Zondeel is godly. Also, maxing Wind Mastery 1 isn't really worth the extra points though, especially if it's for Zanverse only, since there're better things you can gain for those points.

IMO, THIS (http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php?11uDbxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIo bxIo0jdodBIb000000000doIn0000000jdoib0000000fdo000 0000dBbsiN2SGAIk8cKIk000009oInfcDjGAdBIkcKJI4fn000 009bIo0000000jdoIb0000000lo000000j) should be the staple build for a Fire+Light+Dark build. There are 9 extra points in the FO tree for miscellaneous preference choices like Charge Escape + Rod Keep Bonus (useful for saving a charged tech during downtime and have the first cast after be instant and free), Rod Shoot (only 3 points, since after that only adds power, but it's actually not that strong and you shouldn't be relying on that for damage, anyway), Talis Fast Throw (niche use but it can come in handy at times), Photon Flare + Afterburst (Afterburst gives a lot for its point investment), and Normal Tech Advance (to make Na-Megid with Innocent Form slightly stronger).

Petunia
May 22, 2016, 09:27 AM
First of all, you're using an out-of-date simulator. But that's not too important. What's important that I need to mention is the Resta Advance is complete garbage, and no one should be putting a single point into it, let alone 5 into it. Crafted Resta for power nearly doubles its power so this is useless. I can pretty much heal to max HP with a single uncharged Resta without this, so yeah...
Also, due to this, you're missing out on the first point of Wind Mastery 2, which gives 5 whole percents to it. And not to mention the lost of Territory Burst, which is huge since the larger effect on Zondeel is godly. Also, maxing Wind Mastery 1 isn't rally worth the extra points though, especially if it's for Zanverse only, since there's better things you can gain for those points.

IMO, THIS (http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php?11uDbxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIo bxIo0jdodBIb000000000doIn0000000jdoib0000000fdo000 0000dBbsiN2SGAIk8cKIk000009oInfcDjGAdBIkcKJI4fn000 009bIo0000000jdoIb0000000lo000000j) should be the staple build for a Fire+Light+Dark build. There are 9 extra points in the FO tree for miscellaneous preference choices like Charge Escape + Rod Keep Bonus (useful for saving a charged tech during downtime and have the first cast after be instant and free), Rod Shoot (only 3 points, since after that only adds power, but it's actually not that strong and you shouldn't be relying on that for damage, anyway), Talis Fast Throw (niche use but it can come in handy at times), Photon Flare + Afterburst (first point in Afterburst gives a lot for its point investment), and Normal Tech Advance (to make Na-Megid with Innocent Form slightly stronger).
I did say it was far from perfect :P
Thanks though, will look into it once we get more resets.

akuma2002
May 23, 2016, 04:16 AM
More questions, this time skill tree related:

- how does Rod Shoot work? You press the button of the normal attack and it's shooting bullets? No need to charge? No PP consumption? Also, that 1000% at level 5 doesn't make that skill a bit broken?
- Is it worth spending 10 points in tech JA advance? It's just 10% per JA, i could use these points to max Ice Mastery 1 for example...
- Why putting 1 point in Rare Mastery? It's only +30 T-atk... Or is there something more?

And for the Techer tree:
- I've seen many people maxing Tech Up 2. It's only +75 T-atk... Wouldn't it be better to invest them in Wind mastery 1? (assuming you've already maxed all light and dark masteries)

Altiea
May 23, 2016, 05:13 AM

- how does Rod Shoot work? You press the button of the normal attack and it's shooting bullets? No need to charge? No PP consumption? Also, that 1000% at level 5 doesn't make that skill a bit broken?
- Is it worth spending 10 points in tech JA advance? It's just 10% per JA, i could use these points to max Ice Mastery 1 for example...
- Why putting 1 point in Rare Mastery? It's only +30 T-atk... Or is there something more?

And for the Techer tree:
- I've seen many people maxing Tech Up 2. It's only +75 T-atk... Wouldn't it be better to invest them in Wind mastery 1? (assuming you've already maxed all light and dark masteries)

1. Rod Shoot causes your Rod to fire a Tech bullet at an enemy whenever you perform a normal attack. This bullet has great travel distance, homes in on targets, and recovers some PP on hit. The damage is calculated from your Rod's S-ATK, so the 1000% damage is actually rather small, approximately the same damage from one hit of an uncharged tech. The real point of the bullet is to restore PP at a safer distance than running up to a thing and smacking it, since depending on what you're fighting it can get really risky.
2. Tech JA Advance is more universal than Masteries, unless you intend to main that mastery. You'll be JA'ing a lot more often than you will be using Ice Techs if you aren't maining Ice.
3. It's free stats. Biggest single-point stat boost on the tree.
4. Same thing with the Tech JA Advance vs. Ice Mastery. You aren't going to dump into Masteries you aren't going to use, since it's a waste of points. You're better off getting the utility skill that works all the time than spending on a strong percentage-based skill you use 5% of the time. In addition, stat ups you get from the Tree contribute to your base stats, which allows you to equip gear.

Sandmind
May 23, 2016, 07:22 AM

And for the Techer tree:

Adding on to the previous poster's answer, since FOTE's elemental mastery only apply to one element (insert Captain Obvious's adward here), unless you can max both elemental mastery without having to sacrifice general damage boosting or utility, you're indeed wasting points. TE as a FO sub got enough spare SP to max out two elements fully, FO as main doesn't. Extra SP being dumped into Tatk up2 is literally just trying to squeeze what you can from the leftovers.

Rare Mastery +30 Tatk is roughly 1% damage these day, a better SP return than Tatk up2 in any case.

For Wind Mastery, 2 SP in the 1st for 6% and 1 SP in the 2nd for 5%, is a valid choice at the end of a Light/Dark tree.

I used to run a generalist FOTE build back in EP1-2 with maxed Fire1 and Dark1. It was ok until SH came out back then and suddenly, level capping became a chore. Sure, it was also the dark age for Force back then, but when I switched from that build (using forest AQ pp recovery rod) to a Bert Rodan (fire tech latent) Fire specced FOFI, suddenly those puny 4k Foie became 8k+ on the same SH Oodan. :wacko:

akuma2002
May 23, 2016, 01:58 PM
Ok, i understand. Guess i was trying to become an all-rounder, but since i'm not gonna use Ice or Wind techs, it's wasted SP's^^;

Perfect Chaos
May 23, 2016, 09:58 PM
1. Rod Shoot ... The damage is calculated from your Rod's S-ATK, so the 1000% damage is actually rather small, approximately the same damage from one hit of an uncharged tech.No, Rod Shoot is NOT based off of your S-ATK. (And even if it was based on S-ATK, that wouldn't make it as weak as it is, since Rods have pretty decent S-ATK stats.) The reason why it's so weak are as follows:
It is based off of your T-ATK, but the damage it deals is considered striking-type, so it doesn't get amplified by any of FO's multiplier skills. Not only that, but the 1000% is 1000% of its base power notation, not the actual power notation itself. Its base power notation is 30%, so at level 5, Rod Shoot's power notation is ten times that, at 300%. It's a bit roundabout that makes the properties of Rod Shoot confusing to most people.

As for akuma2002 that asked why one would get T-ATK Up skills, some of that have been covered by others, but I would like to add...
You pretty much never need every element at the same time, so the most ideal things to do with FO is to have multiple skill trees that that cover individual elements and also other things to maximize that element's damage. Then you just switch to the right tree when you plan to go on a quest that has enemies weak to that element. With TE, you get two elements because:
1. You can afford it without forgoing anything significant.
2. Oftentimes, you need light for Darkers (and plus Ra-Grants is overpowered even on enemies not weak to light) but also want dark to go with fire for Fomelgion. If you're running ice on FO tree, then you can use a Light+Wind TE tree to squeeze out more damage on Zanverse. And a Light+Wind tree will also help for Tokyo.

If you are 100% freemium, though, thus not being able to buy additional trees, then it wouldn't be completely horrible to sacrifice T-ATK Up 2 on the TE tree to max Wind Mastery 1.
But Tech JA Advance should never be sacrificed, as it's a core staple skill for FO.

akuma2002
May 24, 2016, 04:22 AM
Thanks, now i understand better. Maybe i'll spend one or two points into Rod Shoot, better be safe when i need to get some PP back^^

Now about Charge Escape and Rod Keep Bonus. If after evading an attack, the new tech is casted immediately without PP consumption, is there some mechanism preventing the player to: charge a tech -> press the evade button -> cast the tech for free? That would mean no PP consumption at all, did i miss something again here? ^^

Perfect Chaos
May 24, 2016, 06:16 AM
Thanks, now i understand better. Maybe i'll spend one or two points into Rod Shoot, better be safe when i need to get some PP back^^If you're going to get Rod Shoot, I would say preferably spend 3 points on it. If you don't have enough points, then spend just 1 on it. Don't use 2 on it, since you might as well spend 3 on it at that point.

Now about Charge Escape and Rod Keep Bonus. If after evading an attack, the new tech is casted immediately without PP consumption, is there some mechanism preventing the player to: chare a tech -> press the evade button -> cast the tech for free? That would mean no PP consumption at all, did i miss something again here? ^^That's how it works! As long as it's the same tech, you can continue to dodge cancel it over and over to save it if you so desire, although there's not really a point to doing that. It doesn't save the fact that it's JA'ed or not, though, so when you use a saved tech, you have to make sure to JA it again. Also, the tech is saved until you start charging another tech, change to a different weapon, or load into a different area. And I did mention that this was possible on the last page:

Charge Escape + Rod Keep Bonus (useful for saving a charged tech during downtime and have the first cast after be instant and free)One thing I sometimes like to do is pre-charge an Il-Foie in between waves of Tower Defense EQ for a free nuke at the beginning of the wave. But this is very situational, and a lot of the time, you're better off Zondeeling into Gi-Foie or Ra-Grants, unless you know that someone else is going to Zondeel for you.

Another thing to note is that despite it being called Charge Escape, it works for more than just Mirage Escape. It works with all types of dashes, including Mirage Step, which is good when you're casting from Jet Boots. But JB usage on a FO is really situational these days so it's rarely applicable.

akuma2002
May 25, 2016, 12:17 PM
About Skill Rings, the best for FO/TE is the R/C Strike Tech which gives more chances to do crits with tech attacks right? Anyone knows how much % chances we get with that, and the % of damage when crit'ing? And where can i find the Ruins Amethyst i need to craft it?
Also, isn't there any good left skill ring for FO/TE?

Perfect Chaos
May 25, 2016, 05:57 PM
No, I would say that the Critical Strike Tech ring is one of the worse rings for FO, since even with it at +20, your critical rate is still a measly 25% (ring adds 1% to crit rate per grind level, and only gives +3% damage on crit at +20; player innate crit rate is 5%), so on average, that's a 0.75% gain in damage. (I own 18 different rings, the majority of which are max leveled, but I'm not even bothering to get the Critical Strike Tech ring, which shows you how worthless I think it is.) If you want more damage, the best ring by far is the Perfect Keeper Tech ring. At +11, you get its max 3% damage boost; more levels than that just lowers the health threshold to make it easier to manage, but a FO can easily stay at max HP all the time that it rarely ever matters (since at +11, the threshold is at 92% health, IIRC), so you can stop at +11.
And all of the gems for the rings have the name of the field where you find them in their name...
As for left ring, the best one for FO is unanimously the Tech Charge Parrying ring.

akuma2002
May 26, 2016, 02:16 AM
Ok, thanks :) That left ring is great, but how do you Just Guard as a Force? I don't remember there is a button for that...

Altiea
May 26, 2016, 02:17 AM
Ok, thanks :) That left ring is great, but how do you Just Guard as a Force? I don't remember there is a button for that...

Tech C Parrying grants JG frames to the start of charging a Tech. Just start charging at the right time, and it'll work. Just note that at the first few levels, Tech C Parrying is god awful, but at +20, you get 0.6 seconds of Just Guard. I run this as a BO/HU main, it works wonders.

akuma2002
May 26, 2016, 03:11 AM
So many good equipments to level, so few meseta, guess i should do more time attack missions ;)

Perfect Chaos
May 26, 2016, 07:52 PM
Tech C Parrying grants JG frames to the start of charging a Tech. Just start charging at the right time, and it'll work.To add, keep in mind that the Tech Charge Parrying ring only blocks things from the front, so you still have to be facing the thing that's hitting you to block it.

akuma2002
May 29, 2016, 04:00 AM
Just to be sure, the chances of getting rare items, especially level 10+ weapon is not based on how many damage you do to the bosses, right? I'm doing a lot of EQ's with a friend, he's level 63 so he does way more damage than me. And in the log, he seems to get tons of level 10 weapons. So far, i only managed to get some level 10 units, but it's really a shame you need 5 to exchange for a Foton Sphere... (Yeah i'm still trying to get Fomelgion without spending too much money)

Selphea
May 29, 2016, 04:02 AM
Nope it's based on the amount of Rare Drop you pop. At the very least you should use 250%s for the boss EQs like Profound Darkness, Yamato, Magatsu

If you want Fomelgion just do Claris Claes' client order once you hit lv70. Just Gifoie or Gibarta a buncha UQ mobs and restart if a boss shows up. Get your friend to carry you if you need to.

akuma2002
May 31, 2016, 04:07 AM
Btw, how many SP would you invest into Territory PP Save to make it really efficient? 3 or 5?

Selphea
May 31, 2016, 04:50 AM
I go with 1 :D

akuma2002
May 31, 2016, 11:37 AM
Made some calculations. Considering you have 8 support techs (didn't count Freeze Ignition or Posion Ignition), they cost an average 23.25PP to cast.
So with 1SP in Territory PP save, techs cost an average 87% of their normal values. With 3SP, it's 78.5% and 70% with max Territory PP Save. I suppose i would be quite okay with only 1SP in that skill indeed, but since the 3 most used techs (Resta, Shifta and Deband) must be crafted for efficiency and their demerits increase PP...

Selphea
May 31, 2016, 06:52 PM
How often do you Shifta, Deband or Resta compared to Gifoie or Ragrants though?

Tunga
May 31, 2016, 09:31 PM
There's no point in investing more than 1 point in that skill. Craft your techs until you get a decent demerit (say <4) and call it a day.

Saagonsa
Jun 1, 2016, 12:54 AM
I'd say that there's no point in investing much into the skill if it weren't for the fact that it works with zondeel. That alone makes it more than worth it to max out, in my opinion.

akuma2002
Jun 1, 2016, 02:59 AM
Hmm i see. Just got my Resta crafted with a demerit of +5, should i try to get another one?

Saagonsa > i use Zondeel a lot but it's it's one the cheapest side, i never thought of it for that matter^^

Perfect Chaos
Jun 1, 2016, 01:55 PM
You should try to go for a good demerit for Resta if you have the extra resources, but it's not absolutely necessary. I would say that demerit should get more priority than merit on Brilliant Resta, though.
As for Territory PP Save, I only put one point into it, since the TE tree (http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php?11bqbxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIo bxIo0jdodBIb000000000doIn0000000jdoib0000000fdo000 0000Io00000000ioInfcDjGAdBIkcKJI4fn000009bIo000000 0jdoIb0000000lo000000j) on the main build that I frequently use needs exactly 89 points on it, and I'd rather sacrifice 3 points of Territory Burst to get 11.3% on wind for a slightly better Zanverse. Although, I do have three TE trees with each dual-element combination, so on max-Wind trees, I guess it's possible to sacrifice the 3 points in the third element and put them into Territory PP Save.

MegaMettaurX
Jun 19, 2016, 02:57 PM
I've been playing fo/te recently. Managed to get to level 60/50. Now I'm looking for ways to improve my character, since I just realized I wasted a lot of points already. I'm looking to salvage what I can by getting proper gear and just waiting for a free skill reset, or just outright buying one in the future.

I play via PS4, and get on PC rarely, just to look at the player shop, translated, and even look at the affixes some of my weapons have. It's pretty inconvenient to be honest, but that's what I get.

akuma2002
Jun 19, 2016, 04:39 PM
Buying new skill trees for each of your classes is cheaper than 2 skills reset^^ I've been a bit busy with The Witcher 3 Blood and Wine, i'm just FO/TE level 49/48, it's already taking ages to level up now, i'm worried for the last levels^^;

Flaoc
Jun 19, 2016, 05:38 PM
dont use deband on fo main just supply yourself with shifta and ur good to good

Kokurokoki
Aug 7, 2016, 09:23 PM
Buying new skill trees for each of your classes is cheaper than 2 skills reset^^ I've been a bit busy with The Witcher 3 Blood and Wine, i'm just FO/TE level 49/48, it's already taking ages to level up now, i'm worried for the last levels^^;

Wait we can buy skill resets?

udon-GE
Aug 7, 2016, 11:10 PM
You can reset 1 skill tree by using transfer skill function. Transfer it to the same class. Still cost you 500 AC though.

Sandmind
Aug 8, 2016, 12:26 AM
And you need to have 2 skill tree for that class, since as the above poster said, Sega's single tree AC reset just pick off one tree and put it to the selected class and you cannot take off and leave zero tree even if it's only for 1 sec. Effectively 1k AC to reset a tree the 1st time.