PDA

View Full Version : Tweaker crashes when trying to turn on plugins

SuperJoe
May 26, 2016, 11:15 AM
I started the tweaker, downloaded the patch, and I got a black screen when I started PSO2. Using the tweaker, I searched for missing files, reinstalled the English, large files, and the English story patch, but when I try to turn on plugins, the tweaker crashes. PSO2 runs fine without the plugin, but it'd be nice to know what I'm picking up.

5/26/2016 12:05:56 PM Checking for updates to patches...
5/26/2016 12:05:56 PM Current EN Patch version is: patch_2016_05_11_v3
5/26/2016 12:05:56 PM Current Large Files version is: 4/20/2016
5/26/2016 12:05:56 PM Current Story Patch version is: 5/8/2016
5/26/2016 12:05:56 PM No plugin updates available. [OK!]
5/26/2016 12:05:56 PM All done - System ready!
5/26/2016 12:06:12 PM: DEBUG - Exception: Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.Unhandle dExceptionEventArgs/ Message: mscorlib

Thanks for the help

SasoriHanamura
May 26, 2016, 01:44 PM
So, when you enable the plugins, you can't click anything else for a bit and then it crashes yes?

If that is the case, try just leaving it alone for afew moments after enabling the plugins, as it may be processing some stuff. However, if this isn't the case, you could also just try reinstalling the tweaker.

If these two things don't help I'm sure someone else will come along and help better than I can.

Sirius-91
May 26, 2016, 03:03 PM
I started the tweaker, downloaded the patch, and I got a black screen when I started PSO2. Using the tweaker, I searched for missing files, reinstalled the English, large files, and the English story patch, but when I try to turn on plugins, the tweaker crashes. PSO2 runs fine without the plugin, but it'd be nice to know what I'm picking up.

Thanks for the help

Close the tweaker and open your registry editor (win key+r, type in regedit).
Delete the registry key Named "PluginsEnabled" in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/AIDA" and close it, then try opening the tweaker and disable plugins.

SuperJoe
May 26, 2016, 03:47 PM
If that is the case, try just leaving it alone for a few moments after enabling the plugins, as it may be processing some stuff. However, if this isn't the case, you could also just try reinstalling the tweaker.

When I open the plugin menu and click save or force plugin check, the tweaker crashes, opening a tab to pastebin with the information I posted.

Close the tweaker and open your registry editor (win key+r, type in regedit).
Delete the registry key Named "PluginsEnabled" in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/AIDA" and close it, then try opening the tweaker and disable plugins.

I did this, and the tweaker still crashes if I click Save or Force Plugin Check. =/

SuperJoe
May 26, 2016, 03:54 PM
I felt like it went without saying, but I've already deleted and redownloaded the tweaker with no luck.

Also a second plugin option appeared for the PSO2 Proxy. I don't know why or where it came from. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Sirius-91
May 26, 2016, 05:05 PM
I felt like it went without saying, but I've already deleted and redownloaded the tweaker with no luck.

Also a second plugin option appeared for the PSO2 Proxy. I don't know why or where it came from. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Ok, time for a hard reset of the tweaker.

Open the registry again, but this time delete the AIDA folder in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/"

And delete the plugins folder where you installed PSO2. This will reset the tweaker as if you first ran it.

SuperJoe
May 28, 2016, 07:09 PM
Ok, time for a hard reset of the tweaker.

Open the registry again, but this time delete the AIDA folder in "HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/"

And delete the plugins folder where you installed PSO2. This will reset the tweaker as if you first ran it.

This worked perfectly. Thank you so much for the help!