PDA

View Full Version : Article: Sega announces new gaming system!

gideon
Jan 30, 2001, 04:43 PM
God writes, "That's right.. a new gaming system that will play all existing Dreamcast titles, only it doesn't have a CD-ROM drive. How is this possible? Apparently the unit will come complete with a 40GIG HD, (That's roughly 40 big titles) and you will download games. The unit is poised to be capable of video features other set top units like TiVO have. But with only a 40GIG HD how many games and video will you be able to store? Hopefully these aren't the final specs and they will see fit to include a GD-ROM/DVD-ROM player. You can read the full story over at MSNBC.
<A href=http://www.msnbc.com/news/523284.asp?0nm=-12N&cp1=1>http://www.msnbc.com/news/523284.asp?0nm=-12N&cp1=1</a>"

Jan 30, 2001, 07:45 PM
I think thats BULL! They are doing the thing they did to every other system. Make one then start on a new better system! Why dont they just keep dreamcast and add some stuff the dvd drive was a great idea for a add-on for dreamcast. SEGA DONT DO THIS TO DREAMCAST THIS IS YOUR BEST SYSTEM YET DONT SCREW UP!
peace

Feb 6, 2001, 10:53 AM
Sega doesn't know if it's going out of business, making a new system, being bought out or what. The dreamcast is the @$#*, I haven't played so many good games since the NES (The break through games, the online games, etc.). I've heard that Sega loses money with every Dreamcast purchased, Sega is worried about "The Street" and their stock. They believe if they jump ship, that the next ship should have calmer waters, but that hasn't been the case. The "Saturn" was a more powerful system than the PS, but the PS sold more than any system in the history of console systems. Sega shouldn't conceded and bow out to superior hardware. They should just add-on, don't piss off the consumer, the dreamcast was suppose to be the last system for Sega anyway, technology was suppose to be updated every year or so. Keep to that plan, a system for $100 and a system boost for $60 would be reasonable. "If you're scared get a dog, and keep making the best games"