PDA

View Full Version : Dark Falz's name (w/ some PS spoilers)

SammaeltheDark
Apr 27, 2003, 02:12 AM
One day out of extreme boredom, I pondered the translation of Dark Falz/Dark Force. I think I looked up his japanese name just to see if the romanji supports this next thought, but I forget if I ever found it or not. Anyhow, is it possible that his name was supposed to be something more along the lines of Dark Farce?
Think about it.. in every PS he's usually hiding and then pops up.
In one, you defeat Lassic and think you won when Falz jumps outta nowhere in a death trap.
In PSII, he takes the form of a treasure box.
In PSIV, he keeps coming back even though you think he's dead, and he takes the form of a party member.
In PSO, there's rumored to be an ancient civilization on Ragol until you find out that Ragol is the crash site of a space ship carrying Falz. And how you are in a peaceful, serene meadow right before he shows up.
Just food for thought.

zimmk2vgc
Apr 27, 2003, 04:23 AM
How many Phantasy Star games have there been?

EsperJ
Apr 27, 2003, 06:50 AM
Phantasy Star - Sega Master System (1988)
Phantasy Star II - Sega Genesis (1989)
Phanatsy Star III: Generations Of Doom - Sega Genesis (1991)
Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium - Sega Genesis (1994)
Phantasy Star Online - Sega Dreamcast (2001)
Phantasy Star Online Ver. 2 - Sega Dreamcast (2001)
Phantasy Star Online Ver. 2 - PC (2002)
Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II - Gamecube (2002)
Phantasy Star Collection - Gameboy Advance (2003)
Phantasy Star Online Episode I & II - Microsoft XBOX (2003)

10 forms of PSO, 5 originals (6 if u include Episode 2)

Raziel_Kai
Apr 27, 2003, 08:05 AM
You're right... it seems as Dark Falz is the 'ultimate evil' that plagues the PS mythos. Also, it would seem that this entity revels in the false facade that presents to the world until it is unveiled.
I noticed that too when I popped up PS Collection into my GBA and went through PS1 and 2... haven't played 3 yet, but I suspected something along the lines of Dark Falz appearing somewhere along the end.

*sorry, bad typing and too sleepy to notice my typos http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Raziel_Kai on 2003-04-27 06:06 ]</font>

Kalbelgarion
Apr 27, 2003, 11:32 AM
I'm one of those people who thinks that Dark Forces and Dark Falzes are separate, but related creatures (http://home.twcny.rr.com/phantasystar/forcevfalz.htm)(*PLUG PLUG*). After all, you can notice some distinct differences between the Dark Falzes (PSI, PSO) and the Dark Forces (PSII, PSIII, PSIV).

Droxitr
Apr 27, 2003, 11:46 AM
Wow. Nice site, Kalbelgarion. Very interesting read.

Blenjar
Apr 27, 2003, 12:15 PM
Cool, can't wait for another episode.

Hey what about Olga?

Reenee
Apr 27, 2003, 01:47 PM
On 2003-04-27 04:50, EsperJ wrote:

Nuh-uh. There'z a couple more. They were in Japanese and included Game Gear games and a downloadable story from Sega's failed MegaModem service. And then there'z the Saturn compilation...

If anyone has the Dreamcast PSO Versus Books guide, they can list off the rest.

Kupi
Apr 27, 2003, 01:59 PM
Well, if you've played through Phantasy Star 4, we see that the real ultimate evil of the PS universe is actually the Profound Darkness. Dark Falz is simply however much of the PD's essence slips through the seal when it weakens. I think. In any case, the Profound Darkness is the really really big bad guy (gal?).

ShadowChao
Apr 27, 2003, 02:06 PM
Olga Flow is just Flowen, infected with some of Dark Falz's Photon Energy. That and he had Olga's Core installed inside of him, it seems. At least, that's all what I gather from reading the messages left by Flowen.

Brundidge
Apr 27, 2003, 02:45 PM
Well I always thought Force/Falz were the same thing since Force/Falz is the trademark villain of the series. Never really got deep in the logic. Just always though he'd come up every 1000 years to wreck havoc again http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

But now makes thing sound a little bit better though (from the link http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif ). Like in PS4 your in the Abyss, you have that chance of finding an enemy (Phaelleous?) that looks like Dark Force in the 1st Phantasy Star. That Profound Darkness theory sounds nifty too though.

Jack
Apr 27, 2003, 03:18 PM
Rather disturbingly, Dark Falz was once translated to Dark Phallus. That's going to cause some nightmares.

CakeMan
Apr 27, 2003, 05:24 PM
On 2003-04-27 11:47, Shapiro wrote:

On 2003-04-27 04:50, EsperJ wrote:

Nuh-uh. There'z a couple more. They were in Japanese and included Game Gear games and a downloadable story from Sega's failed MegaModem service. And then there'z the Saturn compilation...

If anyone has the Dreamcast PSO Versus Books guide, they can list off the rest.

you forgot phantasy star gaiden and the phantasy star 5 for game gear.

SammaeltheDark
Apr 27, 2003, 06:17 PM
And here I originally meant the question as a translation thing more than a continuity thing.

I stopped trying to create a continuity between video games when my Final Fantasy timeline was shattered by the missing FFII, III, and V games. Zelda gave me nasty headaches, too. Some games just don't have a continuity or were ever meant to have one. ^_^

I guess I'll put the game in Japanese and run through Ruins to see what Falz's name is in Japanese. Faasu or Farusu will support my Dark Farce theory, anything else will mean... that I'm wrong. ^_^

Raziel_Kai
Apr 28, 2003, 12:06 AM
Most excellent website, Kalbelgarion... I am still enthralled reading it.
And yes, I apologize, the Profound Darkness is the main evil in the PS mythos (I never played PS4 but a close friend of mine did, although I couldn't see him complete the game and thus, I missed most of the story), not Dark Falz.
Still... Interesting theories about the Forces and Falz

Kalbelgarion
Apr 28, 2003, 12:53 PM
Thanks to all who read my webpage. Sometime soon I'll get around to updating it to compensate for the new facts revealed in Episode II. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Anyway, Phantasy Star most certainly does have a real continuity (which is one of the main reasons why it's my favotire video game series). Each Phantasy Star game had distinct and purposeful references to the games before it (Even PSO refers to a certain PSIV Protector). It's one of the few RPG series that holds a continity throughout the saga.

Also, to those looking for a list of all the PS games, I think this one is fairly close:
-Phantasy Star (SMS)
-Phantasy Star II (Genesis, Dreamcast)
-Phantasy Star III (Genesis)
-Phantasy Star Gaiden (Game Gear)
-Phantasy Star Adventure (Game Gear)
-Phantasy Star IV (Genesis)
-Phantasy Star Collection (I, II, III, IV) (Saturn)
-Phantasy Star II KAN games
-Phantasy Star Online (Dreamcast)
-Phantasy Star Online v2 (Dreamcast, PC)
-Phantasy Star Online Episode I and II (GCN, XBOX)
-Phantasy Star Collection (I, II, III) (GBA)

Blenjar
Apr 28, 2003, 01:45 PM
Let's not forget:
Phantasy Star Online Episode III: C.A.R.D. Revolution ( NGC )

zimmk2vgc
Apr 28, 2003, 01:48 PM
Phantasy Star Online Episode III: C.A.R.D. Revolution ( NGC )

I believe its GCN

SammaeltheDark
Apr 29, 2003, 12:16 AM
I believe its GCN

But that doesn't make any sense... Game Cube Nintendo.
As compared to NGC, Nintendo Game Cube.

Oh well....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SammaeltheDark on 2003-04-28 22:17 ]</font>

Jack
Apr 29, 2003, 07:42 AM
It's called GCN because NGC is already trademarked.

Danderdag
Apr 29, 2003, 08:03 AM
If you really want to know, Phantasy Star Pages is a good place for info on all the great PS games. or was, can't get there right now. Guess I should visit more than once a year.
Anyway, the whole 'falz' 'force' thing presumably just came around because PS1 in the US was translated so utterly horribly. Great game, but it was terribly inconsistant, later PS games basically just fixed everything and pretended they never f'd up in the first place (Noah/Lutz for instance). Seeing as, according to PS4, all the Dark Force/Falz' are incarnations of the profound darkness that manifest every however long it was (100? 1000? years?) I suspect the name really doesn't mean anything.
PS Collection is great for anyone that missed out on these games, but I'd recommend tracking down PS4, as it really puts a nice cap on the storyline, and you'll want that since 3 is basically just a gaiden type game, very little in common with 1 2 and 4.
Hopefully we'll see 4 on GBA...but it may just be too much of a pain, 4 was a HUGE cart back on the genesis (in terms of filesize, obviously it wasn't like 3 square feet =p), and it might be hard to get all those amazing cutscenes to fit and still look good on the gba (4 has better cutscenes than most games today with their lavish CG videos. It unfolded in these hugely complex overlays of individual pictures. Great ending too).

RuneLateralus
Apr 29, 2003, 12:27 PM
On 2003-04-28 10:53, Kalbelgarion wrote:
Thanks to all who read my webpage. Sometime soon I'll get around to updating it to compensate for the new facts revealed in Episode II. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Anyway, Phantasy Star most certainly does have a real continuity (which is one of the main reasons why it's my favotire video game series). Each Phantasy Star game had distinct and purposeful references to the games before it (Even PSO refers to a certain PSIV Protector). It's one of the few RPG series that holds a continity throughout the saga.

Also, to those looking for a list of all the PS games, I think this one is fairly close:
-Phantasy Star (SMS)
-Phantasy Star II (Genesis, Dreamcast)
-Phantasy Star III (Genesis)
-Phantasy Star Gaiden (Game Gear)
-Phantasy Star Adventure (Game Gear)
-Phantasy Star IV (Genesis)
-Phantasy Star Collection (I, II, III, IV) (Saturn)
-Phantasy Star II KAN games
-Phantasy Star Online (Dreamcast)
-Phantasy Star Online v2 (Dreamcast, PC)
-Phantasy Star Online Episode I and II (GCN, XBOX)
-Phantasy Star Collection (I, II, III) (GBA)

Nice list, but there was a version of Phantasy Star II on the Turbo Graphix 16...but the game is EXTREMELY rare and hard to find. Can't comment on it though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RuneLateralus on 2003-04-29 10:36 ]</font>

HaLLa
Apr 29, 2003, 12:51 PM
there is no PS5

Danderdag
Apr 29, 2003, 08:05 PM
Who said there was a PS5?
PS4 was meant to end the storyline, and it did pretty well.

HaLLa
Apr 29, 2003, 11:39 PM
someone on this thread said there was one for the Gamegear and there wasnt

I have all of the PS games and have played them all.

SammaeltheDark
Apr 30, 2003, 01:51 AM
On 2003-04-29 21:39, HaLLa wrote:
someone on this thread said there was one for the Gamegear and there wasnt

I have all of the PS games and have played them all.

There were at least two PS games for the Game Gear not released in the USA.

Update on Dark Falz/Force/Farce/Phallus:
I ran through Ruins in Japanese and found the romanji to be Daaku Farusu. This disturbingly points to Dark Phallus being a more legitimate translation than Falz or Force. ;P
But anyhow, If it was really meant to be Falz, I figured it would be Faruzu, and for Force it would've been Forusu. But in my opinion, Farce would be Faasu, not Farusu. But then again, while playing Ruins, I saw a lot of things that I thought would be something else (prime example: Nei Claw... Nei Koraa as opposed to Nei Kuraa?). Anyhow, this has been your rambling from some guy who likes to translate stuff back and forth from katakana too much.

Danderdag
Apr 30, 2003, 04:22 AM
Close enough to dark force/falz for me to believe the romanization. And yes, there were two game gear PS games, sheesh. I don't remember anyone saying it was PS5 in either case.

Kalbelgarion
Apr 30, 2003, 01:00 PM
Danderdag:
Since you've hung around phantasy-star.net, I assume that you're well aware that many Phantasy Star Phans instist that there's no such thing as a translation "error". And I'm one of them. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Each and every game released under the Phantasy Star name has been given the seal of approval by Sega, the one entity that has any right to say what is canon and what is not. They *intentionally* released the games that way in the US, and they've been re-released multiple times without being "corrected". Therefore, the name "Dark Falz" is 100% correct, as is the name of the Wizard in PS1 (Noah), and the Head Esper in PSII (Lutz). We *can't* just chalk things up to the all-encompassing demon known as the "translation error". Sega intentionally changed some things in the US release, and those changes are as valid as anything in any other version released by Sega that came before or after.

Oh, and PSIII isn't a Gaiden. After PSII, the storyline diverged: One game, PSIII, told of the Algolians that left Algol, and PSIV told of those who stayed. Phantasy Star has always been a series about the *people* from Algol, not the system itself, so it seems to me that PSIII is just as importance a piece as any other game.

UnitG3D
Apr 30, 2003, 01:48 PM
Kalbelgarion, that... was just out right amazing. I never saw those kinds of connections before, but now that you mention it. It does make alot of sense. Great site there.

Polenicus
Apr 30, 2003, 01:50 PM
On 2003-04-27 11:59, Kupi wrote:
Well, if you've played through Phantasy Star 4, we see that the real ultimate evil of the PS universe is actually the Profound Darkness. Dark Falz is simply however much of the PD's essence slips through the seal when it weakens. I think. In any case, the Profound Darkness is the really really big bad guy (gal?).

Okay, let's see if can put my research to good use. And believe it or not, there DOES appear to be continuity between the original 4 PS games and Phantasy Star Online.

The Algo star system originally had 3 habitable planets, Motavia, Palma and Dezorias (Names may vary due to crappy translations). Every 1000 years, a great evil named Dark Falz would appear, and throw the system into chaos.

Later in the series, we discover that Dark Falz is merely a fragment of the Profound Darkness, which is sealed under a massive three-part seal... the Algol star system itself! Each planet is a component of the seal. Unfortunately, Palma was destroyed in PS II, so things are not status quo.

Now, remember the seal on the ruins? A three part seal: Mutt... Dis... Powmn... Motavi, Dezorias, Palma? Food for thought. Also, someone once pointed out that the symbol for the ESPers in PS IV is IDENTICAL to the three glowing symbols on the entrance to the ruins, and the ones on the three monuments.

Now, in PS IV, the Profound Darkness was DESTROYED. However, it was never said if Dark Falz could survive without the Profound Darkness, and the weapon used to slay Dark Falz and the Profound Darkness, the Elysion, shattered in the final battle. So if Dark Falz survived, there was no longer any way to kill him.

Now, Algol also had one other thing. Before Palma was destroyed, the populace evacuated in huge Worldships. The fate of most of these ships is unknown, but one starred in PS III, and another crashed on Motavia (I think it was Motavia). These ships were HUGE... big enough to be the Ruins ship on Ragol.

Now, lets speculate.

After PS IV, Rune, the latest incarnation of Lavitz (This VERY long-lived Fomar-type appearing in 3 out of th 4 games) discovers that a Dark Falz has survived the destruction of the Profound Darkness. Allowed to roam free, this could be disasterous, but Rune lacked the ability to destroy it (Elysion went shatter).

So he and his Espers battled Falz, and sealed him in one of the derelict Worldships. Then, this Worldship was piloted to Ragol, a planet far from the Algol system, where it was crash-landed. The seal was reinforced with the three pillars (Which is why a habitable planet was used. Space suits were scarce at that time in algol's history). Rune then left Dark Falz to rot, never to threaten Algol again. And he didn't, because he found some NEW playmates...

Corelton
Apr 30, 2003, 03:08 PM
On 2003-04-27 12:06, ShadowChao wrote:
Olga Flow is just Flowen, infected with some of Dark Falz's Photon Energy. That and he had Olga's Core installed inside of him, it seems. At least, that's all what I gather from reading the messages left by Flowen.

Hmmm... who is Flowen? and what is Olga Flow... a boss?

err im confused

please explain

Corelton

Huntley
May 1, 2003, 12:21 AM
yeah i heard that the falz was just some mistranlation. u know what really blows ur mind?!?! and im surprised i never realized it before but Sonic's buddy Tail's real name is Miles Prower, which i never really thought anything of but then i realized its also saying Miles per hour, say it fast and ull see! i wonder if that was intentional...

SammaeltheDark
May 1, 2003, 10:21 PM
Heheh. Took me forever to get that Miles Power pun as a kid.

Anyhow, one more random Falz/Farce tidbit. I forgot that in PSO, each of Falz's forms leads you to believe that it has a different "head". First you're fighting that beast with the long, dragon necks, then the second form leads you to believe that the little guy sticking out is the "head"(and most resembles other Dark... thingies from previous PSs), then the final form, the weird lump on the top of Falz changes into another "head". It's pretty weak, but you could say that this is to try to confuse newcomers into thinking each for is it's last. Yet another minute reason I like the Farce translation.

Danderdag
May 1, 2003, 11:01 PM
Falz head doesn't change between forms except for the last one where it ditches the head it had for the previous ones.
And yes, miles prower was intended...i mean come on.

ophiel
May 1, 2003, 11:09 PM
[Hopefully this will shed some light on the original question. I didnt come up with this theory, but I do whole-heartedly support it. - It makes senese. Find more of these theories at this address: http://home.twcny.rr.com/phantasystar/pso.htm ]

Doesn't it seem odd that in both cases when the Protectors have encountered a creature named "Dark Falz", the creature has required a host body to wreck havoc, while every Dark Force encountered has its own body? Thus, I have concluded that Dark Forces are entirely different and separate from Dark Falzes, although they are related.

At the end of Phantasy Star I, the governor states:
"I'm sorry, I must have been possessed body and soul by evil."
Now, compare this to what Red Ring Rico says in the Ruins:
"Don't let it come in. The dark consciousness looks for the best animal to obtain its temporal host body."

Sound similar? I've concluded that both are similar in that they are entities. Dark Falzes are beings with no body and are dark spirits that look for, and sometimes hunt for, a host body to use for their own dark purposes. Then they transform into what monstrous form would be most suited to carry out specific evil deeds (Destroying Alis et al in PSI, and destroying the heroes in PSO to drive away the Pioneers).

Dark Forces are dark beings that have been seen in Phantasy Star II, III, and IV. Unlike Dark Falzes, Dark Forces do not need a host body to wreck havoc. In fact, they can even be attached to some abiotic thing, such as Kuran, and still fight with their full power. Dark Forces and Dark Falzes are different creatures.

But are they related? I say, yes, they are. Dark Falzes are generally weaker and less intelligent than Dark Forces. It is my thought that Dark Falzes come from Dark Forces. This is similar to the way Jellies and other biomonsters can create clones of themselves. After all, why would The Profound Darkness create a bodiless Dark Falz when it can send out a more powerful and unrestrained Dark Force? If a Dark Force feels the need to infest a certain area with a dark presence, needs a trustworthy soul to guard a place, or needs a group of troublesome people wiped out, but does not want to waste time doing the chore itself, it can "give birth" to a lesser spirit, Dark Falz. Since a Dark Falz has no body, it can subvert a person close to the enemy, as the Governor was close to Alis, or it can find the best animal to increase its power in battle, as was the case with Red Ring Rico. So, in a way, Dark Falzes are "baby" Dark Forces. The Profound Darkness can create Dark Forces, and the Dark Forces can create Dark Falzes.

We know that Dark Forces can live on once their parent, the Profound Darkness is destroyed, because PSIII ends several years after PSIV is concluded. Therefore, it is logical to assume that Dark Falzes can live on once their "parent" Dark Force is killed.

[end. again, head to this address: http://home.twcny.rr.com/phantasystar/pso.htm, for more information and theories.]

nathan
ophiel.
Lv. 66 fomar.
[mars army]
-lafayette division leader-
[echelon]

Danderdag
May 2, 2003, 12:48 AM
I disagree. I don't think there's really any compellign argument for PS3 actually ending AFTER ps4 firstly,
And secondly there's no indication that dark force DOESNT need to inhabit people, obviously it can create it's own form (as demonstrated by the fact that it OBVIOUSLY didn't possess Rico and look like a monster because of her). It could very likely not need a host but simply choose to do it's evil through one, I mean the only game that talked about it at all was PSO, which (no offense) should be taken with an EXTREME grain of salt in this regard. In PS1 Dark Falz seemed to be possessive because it wanted to cause strife by manipulation. In PS4 it's the same way, first by infecting...Zelan? (been awhile) I mean Zelan controlled the bio-monsters on the planet right? that sounds like Dark Force trying to manipulate to me.
Then posing as Seth eventually, Dark Force exhibited a great deal of intelligence, so what reason is there to believe that it doesn't choose whether to possess people or whatnot simply on it's own machinations?
The only game that contradicts any of this is PSO, and if there's any game which I'd say can be thrown out in that way it IS pso. Ragol isn't even in the same star system right?

SammaeltheDark
May 2, 2003, 09:29 AM
The home planet that the Pioneers are coming from is mentioned by name once... but I forget in which quest or in what part of ep2. And I forget the name of the planet. It wasn't a name of any of the Algo planets, but it might have been a derivative of one. That's why I'd like to remember it now.

Buuyon
May 2, 2003, 09:36 AM
...Hmmm...well the songs playing at dark falz...are called "IDOLA" the something and "IDOLA" the holy...who is IDOLA?

SammaeltheDark
May 2, 2003, 10:04 AM
who is IDOLA?
You know, it's IDOLA, the distorted (he's sometimes called IDOLA, the holy by his friends). He's a really cool guy. Have you ever met him? I mean, IDOLA have the immortal feather, and IDOLA have the divine blade. Man, if I had those...

;P

Buuyon
May 2, 2003, 10:46 AM
Ummm...what?

ophiel
May 2, 2003, 10:53 AM
Danderdag, your not making the distinctions between forces and falz's. You stated that in PS1 Dark Falz took control of another to cause strife and whatnot. - Thats true, because it HAS to have a host body in order to cause strife and whatnot.

Dark Force does not have to take control of others bodys. Why? Because he can shapeshift. PS4 gives the best examples. - The first time you encounter him, hes mutated into a "computer virus" of sorts, causing Kuran to run amok. - The Second time you encounter him, hes taken the form of a giant crab monster. - The third time, hes shape shifted into human form, "seth." And then finally he shifts, right before your eyes mind you (which rules out that he has to have a host body.) into the giant humanoid final form.

In PS3, as stated before, he comes in many shapes. - At one point, a treasure chest. - They are obviously much stronger than dark falz's.

I believe my theory is correct. You need to make the disctinction between the two. They are not the same types of creatures. - Dark Falz's are born of Dark forces, and forces are born of the profound darkness.

nathan
ophiel.
Lv. 66 fomar.
[mars army]
[echelon]

Kalbelgarion
May 3, 2003, 12:02 AM
Thanks for reading my theories, ophiel, and others. It means a lot to me to see that some people took the time to read them, and think I made a convincing case. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

First off, conserning PSI's Dark Falz...all we know is that it took over the Governor's body, and pocessed him. We don't know if that Dark Falz can exist in a substantial form without taking over another's body, as we never saw it do so. Therefore, if we do not resort to wild speculation boardering on Fan Fiction, we have to conclude that PSI's Dark Falz can only exist in spirt until a host body is found...which runs parrell to Red Ring Rico's observation in PSO:

"Dark Falz is a consciousness. This entity has no body."

...and...

"Don't let it come in. The dark consciousness looks for the best animal to obtain its temporal host body."

To me, it seems evident that Dark Falz is only a spirit that needs a host body (whether it be the Governor, or RRR), while Dark Force, although it can shape shift, can exist entirely on its own without the need for a host.

ophiel
May 3, 2003, 11:18 AM
Oh man! I cant believe I never noticed this before! I think I can prove now that dark falz and dark force are indeed two different entities!

Look here, at this image of Dark Falz, from PS1.
http://www.camineet.net/ps1images/darkfalz.gif

And here is a picture of a "prophallus" from PS4! You can only find them in one place in the game, the edge.
http://pscave.com/ps4/ps4e/prophallus.gif
I know the picture here is small, but you get the idea.

Now, what does that have to do with anything you ask? Well it has alot to do with proving that Dark Falz's and Dark Forces are two different types of creatures.

Ok. Let me start trying to explain this then. - Now we know that an entity known as Dark force can break through the planetary seal once every One Thousand Years, correct? So, for a thousand years, he sits back and watches Algo, waiting to make his move.

I would Imagine that Hed want to get as much as possible done while hes out, as he possibly can. - Because he wont get another chance for a thousand years. So It makes sense that he would create Dark falz's do go and do all the minor things while Hes away cracking down on Kuran, and whatnot.

Or It makes sense that Dark Force could have created all of the Prophallus's *Dark Falz's* to guard the Profound Darkness while hes away. - It makes perfect sense!

(takes a breath)
So let me try and sum all of this up again. Dark Force is released into Algo again during PS4. He has the ability to create Dark Falz's to help him out, but lets look at all of the things he has to do while hes away.

A) Manipulate Zio, and by proxy, creating a mortal cult to follow his commands.

B) Infest Kuran, effectively spreading Chaos to everywhere within its influence.

C) Infest the Garubrek Tower, Effectively stopping transportation on the planet of Dezolis.

D) Steal the Aero Prism.

All of these actions would require a great deal of intelligence. - Something we know that Dark Falz's come up short with. Dark Forces, we know, can at least speak, and It would be foolish to assume they arent capable of much more. (He manipulated Zio didnt he? And Zio wasnt some punk kid. He was a powerful wizard.)

So what Im getting at. Is that he couldnt send The Falz's out to do those jobs. He had to take care of those himself. - But What he could do, was create a bunch of them, and leave them in the Edge to help guard The Profound Darkness. - That explains why They cant be found anywhere else, and why Prophallus's look exactly like dark falz from PS1!

nathan
ophiel.
Lv. 69 fomar.
[mars army]
[echelon]