PDA

View Full Version : Article: New article!

gideon
Feb 28, 2001, 08:51 AM
God writes, "Debo, ironically an unregistered user (feh.), submitted a 'news' item that was just to well done to live on the news page. It's been submitted to the Articles (viewarticles.php) area of the site. Entitled "I've fallen from grace" it's without a doubt a great read. "

Nicodemus
Feb 28, 2001, 07:45 PM
Other than this article acting as a venting therapy session for this unfortunate soul, I didn't see anything new there.
Sure, he lost a character, a lot of us have. In fact, that's how I found this page. I didn't whine about it or look for pity, you just move on. So what.
Personally, I find his reference to the Columbine incident infantile and in extremely bad-taste. If metaphor and bad analogy is all that it takes to get an article posted, then I believe that you should rethink your criteria.
Nicodemus

M_Bison
Feb 28, 2001, 08:07 PM
Wow! Give this guy a pulitzer!
Did this page suddenly become a therapy session? This guy is simply venting and you tell me this is a good read? It's nothing but whining with flowery writing around it. The reference to Columbine was tasteless and completely uncalled for.
This was obviously written by someone with the maturity of a 12 year old.
I hate to break this to you, Debo; but it's only A GAME! Your mother didn't die when you lost that character. Suck it up and quit begging for people to give you money and equipment. If you really played your way to level 100, then you should have friends that will help you out.
I know this sounds mean and ignorant, but this stuff is gonna happen. You have to keep in perspective that this is JUST A GAME! Enjoy the game. Most of the fun is leveling up anyway. Now you get to start a new character. If all you wanted to do was be able to wave your prick at all the people below you in level, then you shouldn't be playing video games.
END OF LINE...