PDA

View Full Version : Article: Update from Sega on Server Changes to Backups!

Ambrai
Mar 9, 2001, 02:00 AM
ambrai x`viento writes, "I spoke with Supervisor at Sega today and he gave me alittle insight into the future plans of Sega to combat cheaters." Brian related to me, that when Sega released the code that prevented players from doing backup restores, that they were unaware of the Xploder codes that allowed autoduping.
On this note he said that the server team is hard at work to find alternatives to combat the Xploder codes and as soon as they have some alternatives the current code that prevents backup restores will be removed!
What this means to you is to continue playing online. If you lose your items to a bug, just do a restore and play offline with that character until they remove the code.
He stated that changes to the server would be listed at www.sega.net and for us to watch for them.

Kafkala
Mar 9, 2001, 10:45 AM
you know this is beggining to get dumb. . . they are letting the cheaters get to them.
i dont like the cheaters as much as the others. . . but i dont think they should be wasting there time trying to combat them. . . time that could be well spent making pso2!!!
anway, great game. . . and you cheaters are defeating the purpose of the game. whatever
etc

Shadowhaxor
Mar 9, 2001, 11:38 AM
I understand what you mean, but this is a server-side team. They don't work on creating the games, they are the network engineers (so to speak)/whitehats, that monitor the PSO servers.
The Sonic Team is working on PSO2 as we speak. :)

b0n
Mar 9, 2001, 06:19 PM
i agree that more time should be going toward production or upkeep, there will always be cheaters
everytime a suspected cheater joins the game just hassle them and they will leave
i believe the battle against cheaters is in the hands of the players :)

Mar 10, 2001, 01:13 AM
i just wanted to warn people about a cheater called vegeta l(lvl 100) that will still your stuff then use some weird code that erases your game he is usually found in ship:titania

Mar 10, 2001, 02:00 AM
If sega wants to stop the cheating they have easy access to do so. The Game Shark Code Creators Club (Guys who make the Xploder DC Codes) have a link on their PSO codes to contact them if Sega would like to stop online cheating. So if Sega doesnt try stopping the cheating, it is their own fault. They have every resource to do so, but i'm guessing they are probably more concerned with PSO2, or just selling more games for their failing company, not fixing problems that arent as big as losing hundreds of millions of dollars. The moral is - if sega cant fix it, it is their fault as the solution is out there.

Mar 10, 2001, 12:49 PM
I think that they need to stop doing so much to stop duping.By stoping duping they encorage u to trade with other people but they havent set up a safe way to trade with people.Idupe thingss like spread neddle for backup not becouse of crashes but there r so many theives online.Im tierd of people saying they will trade 4 something and droping a saber+1 when u drop stag.they need to set up a way to trade like ultima online where each person must agree on the item they are getting before u trade.

Mar 11, 2001, 06:05 PM
Why bother having them contact this cheating jackass through email? His shit is ruining the game for thousands of people. I truly hope that they figure out a way to read the cheatcodes online, ban the entire account (buy a new CD, cheater, your serial number is toast) and find this ass and keep him in court for months. There is no excuse for this shit, at all.

cbwing0
Mar 12, 2001, 06:34 PM
I agree. It is always a good idea to keep a backup of your prized item if your are about to trade it to someone who you suspect is a thief. If a cheater wants to spend $50 on a gameshark, then I say let him cheat and don't complain. Chances are that even the best player who spends 200 hours on a level 100 character has cheated (this includes taking advantage of glitches, such as the one that lets you walk through walls, too, not just gameshark stuff). Sega should not try to ban cheaters, because they aren't hurting anyone but the guy who is complaining because he wasted 40 hours of his life hoarding rare items so that he could brag and make fun of newbies. Don't judge other players for cheating, because it doesn't hurt you, it doesn't hurt the "online community" and it's not a big deal. Take them to court? No way! Are you psycho? Also, let be be clear in saying that although I myself do not use codes or glitches to ruin the game, I do think that it should be tolerated, and that I am not trying to stir up trouble by giving what seems to be a very unpopular opinion.

cbwing0
Mar 12, 2001, 09:07 PM
I think that taking someone to court or banning their serial number for cheating is a bit severe. There is no reason to start name calling or get angry. There are also a number of ways to cheat without a gameshark, all of which are quite common and just as annoying, but does that mean that we should start a lynch mob to hunt down cheaters? Of course not! The real problem with PSO is thieves, which hurt many more players than cheaters ever could. This doesn't mean that cheaters are all bad, because they are just trying to have fun and play the game, and if they must use codes to do so, then let them and don't make a big deal about it.

Feb 19, 2002, 11:12 AM
Last night, I have no clue how it was done. But someone swaped my char with his/hers and disconnected while I was online. Is there anyway to get my stuff back and if not, is anyone aware of how this was done and what one can do to protect themself?

Mar 8, 2002, 10:22 AM
please does anyone have the anti Nol codes i bought a xploder because im fed up with being noled,Fsoded and so on i have the anti ck and anti fsod codes but i need the anti nol codes i also have the anti pk codes as well....