PDA

View Full Version : Article: BBA does work with PSO

gideon
Mar 14, 2001, 08:27 AM
Hey everyone!
In the last couple of weeks, I've heard that the BBA wouldnt support PSO. Suppossedly thats what sega said. But ive soon did a research around the internet and found out that you CAN use the BBA with PSO. Its very simple, and its not even hard to do it! People make it seem like its impossible to get it to work. I have DSL through Pacbell. I am running windows 2000 professional. what you need is: windows 98 - windows ME or windows 2000 and up. 2 eithernet cards - 1 for DSL and 1 for your Dreamcast and a CAT 5 crossover cable, also you will need to Download the BroadBand Passport CD for the dreamcast so you can setup the DSL on the dreamcast to make PSO go online. Here is a link ot download the file http://www.daytonsmisc.com/article14_default.htm its a great site!

Mar 16, 2001, 07:35 AM
I tried what the site said but i still cant actualy join a game with other people or have them join me. I have a linksys router (the 4 port model) and use pacbell PPOE and am running windows 2000 proffesional. I dont know if im doin somethin wrong or what. I have it set for DHCP server on the linksys router. I just dont get what im doin wrong I i also tried giving everything its own IP and stuff. Any ideas or should i just face its never goin to work for me?
Thanks...
email [email protected]

Mar 16, 2001, 06:35 PM
My question to you is, 1). are you networking 2 or more comps on the DSL/Cable router? if you are are those comps sharing the same internet connection?
2). If you dont have any other comps hooked up to the router then its better if yuo just buuy another eithernet card and buy a CAT 5 crossover cable for it 3.) did you dl the broadband passport cd to setup the connection on the dreamcast? 4.) are all your IP on auto? If its not its better if its on auto to make things easier.
you can contact me on AIM "adobe3dfx3"

Mar 16, 2001, 06:52 PM
okay sorry I didnt put all that stuff in:
Iam networked with 3 other computers (hey i dont like walking up and down the stairs to see my IM hehehe). I used the Passport to do the settings and I have everything as of right now set to DHCP so everything is automaticaly assigned and all computers are on auto assign. I just cant actualy join a game with anyone else or have anyone join me. If I get into even a loby with people in it the DC freezes in the star field loader or just says that its disconnected
My IM is "NegiGuyLuvsU"
Ill try IMing you too =)

Mar 16, 2001, 07:33 PM
ok so do I need to install 2 nic cards to my CPU.... or can i unplug mt crossover cable and put it strait to the dreamcast..so the modem crossover is plugged into the dreamcast. please explain

Mar 16, 2001, 07:36 PM
ok so do I need to install 2 nic cards to my CPU.... or can i unplug mt crossover cable and put it strait to the dreamcast..so the modem crossover is plugged into the dreamcast. please explain

Mar 22, 2001, 12:20 PM
ok i did everything u have said and when I pick my block I want to go to it says my line is disconnected where do we go from here????

Mar 22, 2001, 05:08 PM
IT DOESNT WORK AND THEY DONT WANT TO HELP US OUT WTF IT DONT TAKE THAT LONG TO REPLY HELP US OUT